Chirs2
Robyo
6 posters

Pt. 6: Mountain of Doom

whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Pt. 6: Mountain of Doom - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue19/19Pt. 6: Mountain of Doom - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    Pt. 6: Mountain of Doom - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue1/0Pt. 6: Mountain of Doom - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Pt. 6: Mountain of Doom - Page 3 Empty Re: Pt. 6: Mountain of Doom

Post  whit10 Fri May 30, 2014 10:45 am

Initiative for Neraka:

Roll(1d20)+2:
    19,+2
    Total:21
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Pt. 6: Mountain of Doom - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue68/68Pt. 6: Mountain of Doom - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Pt. 6: Mountain of Doom - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/0Pt. 6: Mountain of Doom - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Fri May 30, 2014 10:48 am

17+2=19 init. For oli.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Pt. 6: Mountain of Doom - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue68/68Pt. 6: Mountain of Doom - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Pt. 6: Mountain of Doom - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/0Pt. 6: Mountain of Doom - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Fri May 30, 2014 10:56 am

Oli is looking for spellcasters. He will use greater counterspell as an immediate action if a spell is cast against the party.
    Arcturus2
    Arcturus2

Post  Arcturus2 Fri May 30, 2014 12:04 pm

Traveler Monk realizes the bird call is a signal and calls out loudly to the party.

"AMBUSH! Look for them!"

Monk initiative: 1d20+2 (2+2)=4

That sucks. Better now than in combat I guess..

How wide is the river? Distance to each bank from canoe position? I'm sure Rob will have an amazing map as usual, but just curious in the meantime.
    Chirs2
    Chirs2

Post  Chirs2 Fri May 30, 2014 1:13 pm

maps on the previous page  cheers 
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Fri May 30, 2014 5:05 pm

Arcturus2 wrote:How wide is the river? Distance to each bank from canoe position?  I'm sure Rob will have an amazing map as usual,  but just curious in the meantime.

Dan, are you having problems again seeing images?

River is 20'-30' across, depending. The current is strong and the water is 10' deep or so. There are many jagged rocks in the water and on the river banks.

Up till now, stern-riders have been Taking 10 on Piloting checks. Combat has begun, so now active checks are needed to keep the craft aligned and steady. A move action must be spent to move the canoe 2 squares vs. the current (to the left). Effectively, the canoes move 1 mile per hour going up-river.

A failed Piloting check potentially skews the direction of the craft. And negligence of spending a move action results in the canoe going along with the current, backwards, at a rate of 3 squares (movement to the right).

Any questions?

I have one, who wants to run JH? I've got my hands full.
    Arcturus2
    Arcturus2

Post  Arcturus2 Fri May 30, 2014 7:08 pm

Robyo wrote:
    Arcturus2 wrote:How wide is the river? Distance to each bank from canoe position?  I'm sure Rob will have an amazing map as usual,  but just curious in the meantime.

Dan, are you having problems again seeing images?

River is 20'-30' across, depending. The current is strong and the water is 10' deep or so. There are many jagged rocks in the water and on the river banks.

Up till now, stern-riders have been Taking 10 on Piloting checks. Combat has begun, so now active checks are needed to keep the craft aligned and steady. A move action must be spent to move the canoe 2 squares vs. the current (to the left). Effectively, the canoes move 1 mile per hour going up-river.

A failed Piloting check potentially skews the direction of the craft. And negligence of spending a move action results in the canoe going along with the current, backwards, at a rate of 3 squares (movement to the right).

Any questions?

Rebooted and got it, sorry and thanks. Didn't even realize they were there.
    Chirs2
    Chirs2

Post  Chirs2 Fri May 30, 2014 11:25 pm

Robyo wrote:

just put him at the end of initiative, at the rate we move, Matt would have at least 1-2 days to play his own guy
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Pt. 6: Mountain of Doom - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue19/19Pt. 6: Mountain of Doom - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    Pt. 6: Mountain of Doom - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue1/0Pt. 6: Mountain of Doom - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sat May 31, 2014 12:17 am

yeah, I think Matt is leaving CO tomorrow (Saturday). He should be able to chime in again soon.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sat May 31, 2014 7:41 am

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]" />

Canoe/Riders:
    1 - Northstar {s} + Monk
    2 - Chooli {s}
    3 - Stormcrow {s}
    4 - Kai {s}
    5 - Niyol {s}
    6 - Warpath + Virgil {s}
    7 - Yiska {s} + Jay
    8 - Oli* {s} + Candy (sphere)
    9 - Neraka {s} + JH
    10 - Old Bill {s} + Bob
    11 - Klandor {s} + Vyrm

Initiative:
    1) Old Bill
    2) Virgil
    3) Neraka
    4) Oli (+ergos)
    5) Klandor/Vyrm
    6) Banditos
    7) Navajos
    8 ) Monk
    9) JH

Round 1:

With fluid precision, Old Bill drops his paddle inside the canoe (swift) and grabs his rifle from his pack (move). Despite the canoe starting to spin with the current, he takes careful aim at the guy across from him (X-6) holding a bundle of dynamite. Bill squeezes off a round (standard) and the bandit staggers, but doesn't fall. Bill and Bob's canoe retreats 3 squares, due to the river's current.

Virgil is up.
    Chirs2
    Chirs2

Post  Chirs2 Sat May 31, 2014 10:47 am

GM said 1 of them was holding a bundle of dynomite - what are the rest holding? (at least the ones Virgil can see)
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sat May 31, 2014 11:55 am

Chirs2 wrote:GM said 1 of them was holding a bundle of dynomite - what are the rest holding?  (at least the ones Virgil can see)

They are all carrying rifles. Several of them are holding bundles of dynamite too.
    Chirs2
    Chirs2

Post  Chirs2 Sat May 31, 2014 12:36 pm

is the fuse on the dynamite lit yet or not?

which ones in Virgil's LOS are carrying dynamite?
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sat May 31, 2014 12:41 pm

Chirs2 wrote:is the fuse on the dynamite lit yet or not?

which ones in Virgil's LOS are carrying dynamite?

Spend a standard action to make a Perception check.
    Chirs2
    Chirs2

Post  Chirs2 Sat May 31, 2014 1:30 pm

Robyo wrote:
    Spend a standard action to make a Perception check.

nah, no time for that

Daily rolls:

Variable vitality
    Roll(1d6)+0:
    2,+0
    Total:2

Grit
    Roll(1d4)+1:
    4,+1
    Total:5

Virgil's keen eyes assess the situation.  Virgil yells as loudly as possible to coordinate the party,  "It's a TRAP!  We have to get out of their crossfire!  Kai, Stormcrow, Niyoli and Chooli - use the current and beach your canoes at that clearing to the SW.  Everyone else, get off on the southern shore and regroup at the medical supplies.  Go Go Go!"

It is a little hard to read the letters\numbers, so I will make a map.  Yellow is the target rally point for the injuns and the medical supplies.  Red is Virgil's path this round.

Virgil ignites his Jet Pack (flit mantle, -1 vit) as a standard action to fly 30ft, he will use his move action to finish the distance to what looks like I-22 landing on the south side of that big boulder, which should block LOS from all the banditos except the nearest one at L-21.  

When Virgil lands he will cast Shield as a swift action (-1 vit) and Hustle (-1vit) to draw his Spencer.

Vit 47\50
    Grit 5
    DR 6

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sat May 31, 2014 5:27 pm

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

Virgil easily flits over to the boulder, abandoning Warpath in the canoe. The navajo warrior is at -5 to steer, since he's in the bow.

Neraka is up.
    Chirs2
    Chirs2

Post  Chirs2 Sat May 31, 2014 6:37 pm

Robyo wrote:
    Virgil easily flits over to the boulder, abandoning Warpath in the canoe. The navajo warrior is at -5 to steer, since he's in the bow.

drunken  was Virgil driving?

I just assumed I was along for the ride..... Virgil would have dropped the paddle in the canoe before he jetted, if that was the case.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sat May 31, 2014 7:11 pm

Neraka will activate his Amulet (+4 DR), Shapeshift as a swift action and jump from the boat to M-12.  Using a Faith Point, he will also attack. -1 Vitality 50/51

DC 30 Athletics check for the jump:

Roll(1d20)+23:
    13,+23
    Total:36

Attacks:

Claws:  
    Roll(1d20)+14:
    17,+14
    Total:31

Damage:  4d6+6
    Roll(4d6)+6:
    6,1,5,3,+6

Bite:
    Roll(1d20)+14:
    10,+14
    Total:24

Er, don't know if that hits:
    Damage anyway:  
    Roll(4d6)+6:
    4,2,5,4,+6
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sat May 31, 2014 8:10 pm

Chirs2 wrote:
    Robyo wrote:

drunken   was Virgil driving?  

I just assumed I was along for the ride..... Virgil would have dropped the paddle in the canoe before he jetted, if that was the case.

I was just going from this:

Chirs2 wrote:
    Robyo wrote:
    Canoe/Riders:

6 - Warpath

Please let me know how your characters wish to ride (stern or bow) and in which # canoe. The Navajo are all skilled and happy to do steering duty. The trip is upriver which can be slow and tedious.

I saw DoFP, Virgil will ride with Warpath in the stern.  I have a feeling this trip will be anything but tedious....

Which I thought meant you wanted Virgil in the stern. Hmm. Not a big deal.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sat May 31, 2014 8:25 pm

whit10 wrote:Neraka will activate his Amulet (+4 DR), Shapeshift as a swift action and jump from the boat to M-12.  Using a Faith Point, he will also attack.  -1 Vitality 50/51

DC 30 Athletics check for the jump:

Roll(1d20)+23:
    13,+23
    Total:36

Attacks:

Claws:  
    Roll(1d20)+14:
    17,+14
    Total:31

Damage:  4d6+6
    Roll(4d6)+6:
    6,1,5,3,+6

Bite:
    Roll(1d20)+14:
    10,+14
    Total:24

Er, don't know if that hits:
    Damage anyway:  
    Roll(4d6)+6:
    4,2,5,4,+6

I think you were confused about Neraka's original placement. Sorry, but the board has a lot going on and the coordinates don't show up too good.

Neraka started combat at V-9. He can't make it to M-12. He can leap to W-6 and attack the guy that Old Bill shot. Neraka was in stern so when he leaps out, JH is stuck with -5 penalty to pilot the canoe. On Neraka's turn, the canoe goes askew and retreats 3 squares.

Neraka leaps to W-6 where he slays the bandit, tearing him to pieces. A rifle and unlit bundle of dynomite drops to the ground.

Oli is up.
    Chirs2
    Chirs2

Post  Chirs2 Sat May 31, 2014 8:31 pm

I too was going by this, I just interpreted it differently I think   scratch 

Robyo wrote:
    Please let me know how your characters wish to ride (stern or bow) and in which # canoe. The Navajo are all skilled and happy to do steering duty.

just a mis-understanding, I guess.  You asked us where we wanted to ride, so I chose the stern for no particular reason. I assumed that since the Navajo were skilled (which Virgil is not) and happy to steer, that they would be handling that.  

no big deal, game on
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sat May 31, 2014 8:56 pm

All good man. I was a little confused about the map but figured I go with my original intention and let it get figured out from there.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sat May 31, 2014 11:45 pm

Chirs2 wrote:I too was going by this, I just interpreted it differently I think   scratch 

Robyo wrote:
    Please let me know how your characters wish to ride (stern or bow) and in which # canoe. The Navajo are all skilled and happy to do steering duty.

just a mis-understanding, I guess.  You asked us where we wanted to ride, so I chose the stern for no particular reason. I assumed that since the Navajo were skilled (which Virgil is not) and happy to steer, that they would be handling that.  

no big deal, game on

Yes, the Navajo are good canoe pilots, but it's always easiest in a canoe when the stern-rider takes steering duty. It's Canoeing 101. But no biggie, canoe crashes and chaos is all part of the fun!  Twisted Evil 

Oli is up.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:52 am

Oli centers a fireball to catch those 4 guys on the peninsula. Roughly j-14. For my move action i need to know whats in my canoe. Just oli and supplies? Candy is with stormcrow, right?
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:50 am

navyik wrote:Oli centers a fireball to catch those 4 guys on the peninsula.  Roughly j-14.  For my move action i need to know whats in my canoe.  Just oli and supplies?  Candy is with stormcrow, right?

Oli is with Candy (sphere). Ray is in Oli's bag of holding. Stormcrow is by herself (with supplies). I've been posting the list of canoes and riders for awhile now. Here it is again, updated:

Canoe/Riders:
    1 - Northstar {s} + Monk
    2 - Chooli {s}
    3 - Stormcrow {s}
    4 - Kai {s}
    5 - Niyol {s}
    6 - Warpath
    7 - Yiska {s} + Jay
    8 - Oli {s} + Candy (sphere)
    9 - JH
    10 - Old Bill {s} + Bob
    11 - Klandor {s} + Vyrm

*{s} signifies who is riding stern and piloting the craft. JH and Warpath were in the bow when their pilots exited, so they have -5 to pilot checks.

Here's the details on the river and piloting thereof:

River is 20'-30' across, depending on location. The river current is strong and the water is 10' deep or so. There are many jagged rocks in the water and on the river banks.

Active Pilot checks are needed to keep the craft aligned and steady. A move action is required to move the canoe a max of 2 squares against the current (to the left). A failed Piloting check potentially skews the direction of the craft, and negligence of spending a move action results in the canoe going along with the current, backwards, at a rate of 3 squares (movement to the right).

As for Oli casting Fireball, if he centers it on J-14, he should be able to catch all four bandits in the spell's radius. Please make attack rolls vs. each of the bandits' Reflex. The damage is 1d6 per caster level. Half-damage if they resist.

Also, if Oli forgoes his Pilot check and Move action, then his canoe will get carried backwards by the river current (as stated above).

Finally, what about the ergos?
    Chirs2
    Chirs2

Post  Chirs2 Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:05 am

Robyo wrote:
    Oli is with Candy (sphere). Ray is in Oli's bag of holding. Stormcrow is by herself (with supplies). I've been posting the list of canoes and riders for awhile now. Here it is again, updated:

Thanks for doing that! It is a lot of information to keep track of, especially on the forum. I love the mechanics of the river, canoes, piloting, and current. It is very creative and you are doing a good GM-job of managing it.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:10 pm

Oli will execute fireball as planned. Then he will propell, the canoe intentionally DOWNstream to the shore opposite the peninsula (using the current to give him extra squares).

Pilot 14+9=23

Faith point: activate candy on the shore.

"Candy, blast them on the opposite shore! Jay, bob, row hard to this shore!"

Dynamite caught in fireball should short-fuse, eh?
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Pt. 6: Mountain of Doom - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue60/112Pt. 6: Mountain of Doom - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:11 pm

JH is updated and ready to roll!

Any chance we can get a red dot or something next to bad guys? Im having trouble telling who is friendly or OPFOR.
    Chirs2
    Chirs2

Post  Chirs2 Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:50 pm

navyik wrote:

cheers good call!
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:43 pm

navyik wrote:Oli will execute fireball as planned.  Then he will propell, the canoe intentionally DOWNstream to the shore opposite the peninsula (using the current to give him extra squares).

Pilot 14+9=23

Faith point:  activate candy on the shore.

"Candy,  blast them on the opposite shore!  Jay, bob, row hard to this shore!"

Need an attack roll for fireball.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:14 pm

Sorry: im so used to the d&d magic system i forget! Embarassed 

14+3+10=27 vs. Ref

9d6 dmg=28
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:24 am

navyik wrote:Oli will...propell, the canoe intentionally DOWNstream to the shore opposite the peninsula (using the current to give him extra squares).

Pilot 14+9=23

Faith point:  activate candy on the shore.

"Candy,  blast them on the opposite shore!  Jay, bob, row hard to this shore!"

Fireball goes off fiercely.

Just to be clear, Oli is rowing to R-18 or so (I know the coordinate numbers are difficult to read)?

It takes a move action to unfold. Candy can attack next round.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:49 pm

I was mistaken, a fireball radius is 15', so only two of the guys got blasted. Their reflexes failed to resist, so they took full damage. One of them was holding a stick of dynamite and the spell ignited it as well. They are both toasted.

Wasn't sure of Oli's final coordinates so I put put him at V-11. Let me know if that needs to change.

It takes a move action to exit a canoe, and another move action to climb the10' boulder. There are boulders along much of the river bank. Oli is still in the canoe, but he managed to throw the sphere on the shore, thanks to a little faith.

Klandor makes a double move and brings his canoe to Y-7. Vyrm climbs on shore.

Map updated. Hopefully, it's a little easier to distinguish stuff.

MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Pt. 6: Mountain of Doom - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue60/112Pt. 6: Mountain of Doom - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:09 pm

Awesome, well done Rob!

Is JH up?
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:44 pm

The bandits go:

~G-16: uses a move action to light a bundle of dynamite, then tosses it at Stormcrow. Her canoe explodes and she disappears under the turbulent water.

~V-14: tosses a dynamite bundle at the cluster of JH and Oli:
    22vs Reflex = 19 fire damage, 1/2 damage if resists
    Their canoes are now worthless debris. Athletics checks from JH and Oli for them to keep their heads above water.

~B-15: fires two rifle shots at Chooli. She is hit twice and slumps over dead.

~Q-10: shoots twice at Neraka:
    1) 23 vs Ref = 12 damage
    2) 12 vs Ref = miss

~AA-12: shoots twice at Old Bill. Both bullets hit and he is wounded. He cusses at the bandit.

~G-6: shoots twice at Monk:
    1) 26 vs Ref = 16 damage
    2) 15 vs Ref = miss

~J-11: shoots twice at Northstar. The first shot is a hit.

~M-21: takes a precise shot against Virgil, who is covered behind the boulder (90% miss chance):
    31 vs Ref, 59 % = miss

~M-3: takes two shots at Monk:
    1) 28 vs Ref = 19 damage
    2) 22 vs Ref = miss

The Navajos go:

~Northstar pilots his (and Monk's) canoe to the nearest shore. It happens to be fairly level and an easy spot to disembark, but no cover.

~Stormcrow does not resurface. The sacks of medical supplies sink into the waters.

~Kai and Niyol pilot their canoes to Virgil's proposed rally point. They will try to disembark next round.

~Warpath fails his Pilot check and his canoe gets carried downstream.

~Yiska also fails her check and she and Jay go downtream too.

Monk is up.

JH is on deck.

Still need Swim (Athletics) checks from JH and Oli.
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:51 pm

Athletics /Swim check:

Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +10" :

10 + 10 = 20
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:24 pm

AHEM... A 15' RADIUS is a 30' DIAMETER fireball... Engineering 101... lol! 
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:55 pm

navyik wrote:AHEM... A 15' RADIUS is a 30' DIAMETER fireball...  Engineering 101... lol! 

Oh yeah, I second guessed myself. Sorry, I'm tired. Jeez.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:00 pm

Robyo wrote:
    navyik wrote:AHEM... A 15' RADIUS is a 30' DIAMETER fireball...  Engineering 101... lol! 

Its all good buddy. This is one helluva scenario! cheers 
    Chirs2
    Chirs2

Post  Chirs2 Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:09 am

navyik wrote:
    Robyo wrote:

Its all good buddy.  This is one helluva scenario! cheers 

poor Stormcrow, death by Geometry, a sad end to be sure
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:58 am

Bad guys at G-16 and J-11 also take damage from Oli's fireball. Both survive the blast since they are somewhat higher level than their toasted buddies. I've also been giving 50% ignite chance if the character is holding dynamite and this one doesn't: 62%.

JH manages to keep his head from going under. He is treading water.

Still need a swim check from Oli.

Monk is up.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:24 am

Swim: 12-1=11
    Arcturus2
    Arcturus2

Post  Arcturus2 Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:39 am

Monk will avoid the rifle shot with his amazing reflexes. Deflect Arrows.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:58 pm

Arcturus2 wrote:Monk will avoid the rifle shot with his amazing reflexes. Deflect Arrows.

Monk can you use Deflect Arrows ability once per round. First shot he deflects, no problem. Second one is a hit, unless Monk has something else...

Does he take any actions on his turn?
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:18 pm

navyik wrote:Swim:  12-1=11

DC for placid water is 10. The river current is strong so the DC is set higher.

Oli slips under the cold rushing mountain water. It requires another Athletics check to swim back to the surface. A swimming character is Defenseless.

No drowning rules in Radiance, so kludging from 3.5 DMG (p. 304): A character can hold his breath for a number of rounds equal to twice his Constitution modifier. After that, they begin drowning. First round they go unconscious and 0 hit points; second round -1 wound points, third round they die.

There are also many jagged rocks under the water and along the shore.
    Arcturus2
    Arcturus2

Post  Arcturus2 Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:50 pm

Sorry, I was in a hurry and didn't see that Monk was up.

Immediate action: activate DR bracelet.

Move action: stand up.

Standard Action: Jump to Q-9 so he is adjacent to enemy in Q-10.

Spend faith point for bonus action: Attack Bandit in Q-10 with flurry of blows..

First attack: 1d20+12 (17+12) = 29
    If that hits: 2d6 + 17 (8+17)= 25 (5 Holy)

Second attack: 1d20+12 (15+12)= 27
    If that hits: 2d6 + 17 (10+17)= 27 (5 Holy)

Monk is at 33/49 vitality.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:45 pm

Nice one! Traveler monk leaps like a cat to the boulder and double-whacks the bandit, killing him.

JH is up. Need another swim check while he's in the water.
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:22 pm

JH swims for the shore with the most bandits on it.

15 + 10 = 25

Does he get actions when he arrives or does that take the whole round?

Is that John Henry at W9?
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:38 pm

MAS wrote:JH swims for the shore with the most bandits on it.

15 + 10 = 25

Does he get actions when he arrives or does that take the whole round?

Is that John Henry at W9?

That is indeed JH at W-9, treading water. With a swim check result of 25, he can swim to shore, no problem. Oli went underneath the water, if JH cares.

Swimming is a move action. JH has a standard action left.
    Chirs2
    Chirs2

Post  Chirs2 Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:36 am

Robyo wrote: Oli went underneath the water, if JH cares.

Oli has Ergos, hopefully they will remember his kindness and compassion

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:48 am