MrBrownstone75
MAS
6 posters

Cut to the chase! (or Learning to fly)

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Cut to the chase!  (or Learning to fly) Left_bar_bleue35/35Cut to the chase!  (or Learning to fly) Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Cut to the chase!  (or Learning to fly) Left_bar_bleue0/0Cut to the chase!  (or Learning to fly) Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Cut to the chase!  (or Learning to fly) Empty Cut to the chase! (or Learning to fly)

Post  Chris Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:48 pm

study I know starship combat is new to everyone and I haven't ran it for 10+ yrs, so a little patience all around will be appreciated.

I would suggest reading Chapter 11 of the SW rule book (let me know if you need another copy) the most relevant pages are only 210-225.

Some important numbers to keep in mind are ranges:

Point Blank = 0-1 hexes
    Short = 2-5 hexes
    Medium = 6-10
    Long = 11-20 ** max range of wpns**
    Extreme = 21-40 (sensors only)
    out of range = 40+

range modifiers to wpns (table 11-08)
    PB = 0
    short = -2
    med = -4
    long = -6

Note the different ways you can use Sensors (pg 210)

1 hex = 500m in space
    1 hex = 50m in atmosphere (but base speed codes are doubled)

Speed also affects the ship's DC (AC) and the "to hit" of the gunners (table 11-13)

Confirmed Crits bypass shields entirely

Note Piloting maneuvers and stunts (pgs 218-220)

I snipped pgs 224-225 as they are the most important and relate to acting like a crew, see below

Cut to the chase!  (or Learning to fly) Sw_cap12

Cut to the chase!  (or Learning to fly) Sw_cap11

Commander - high Charisma, can use Inspire (bard, marshall) type abilities

Pilot - piloting skill + feat for that type of ship, can use Stunts and Maneuvers (cost movement + pilot check, but cheaper ways to make special moves)

Gunner(s) - Starship Operation Feat + ranged attack (feats apply)

Engineer - mostly use Repair, can reroute power and fix systems on the fly

Sensors - Computer Use, can help AC or attack rolls (might also do shield duty)

Shields - Computer Use, angle the shields (double front, etc) and restore shield points each round (very important)

Last edited by Chris on Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:53 am; edited 3 times in total
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Cut to the chase!  (or Learning to fly) Left_bar_bleue35/35Cut to the chase!  (or Learning to fly) Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Cut to the chase!  (or Learning to fly) Left_bar_bleue0/0Cut to the chase!  (or Learning to fly) Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Cut to the chase!  (or Learning to fly) Empty Re: Cut to the chase! (or Learning to fly)

Post  Chris Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:49 pm

Mandalorian Gunship - The Wrenvenge is a heavily modified Assualt Shuttle. It has been used for decades by Ionus Jerr. It has military grade engines, hyperdrives, weapons and shields.

Cut to the chase!  (or Learning to fly) Mando_14

Class: Space Transport, small 35m long
    Initiative: +1 (plus dex\init of pilot)
    Crew: 1-4
    Passengers: 12
    Cargo Capacity: 50 metric tons
    Consumables: 6 months
    Hyperdrive: x1 (backup x4)
    Maximum Spd: Ramming
    Space Spd: 10
    Atmospheric Spd: 20
    Maneuver: +7 (+1 size, +2 engine quality, +4 equipment bonus)
    Defense: 21 (+1 size, +10 armor)
    Shield Points: 200
    Hull Points: 180
    DR: 10

Weapons:
    Quad Laser Cannons (4)
    Fire Arc: Front
    Attack Bonus: +9 (+1 size, +6 Fire Control, +2 equipment bonus)
    Damage: 6d10x2
    Range: PB +0, S +0, M\L NA

Tractor Beam Projector
    Attack Bonus: +7 (+1 size, +4 FC, +2 EQ)
    Damage: special
    Range: PB 0, S\M\L n\a

Ion Cannon
    Fire Arc: Turret
    Attack Bonus: +7 (+1 size, +4 FC, +2 EQ)
    Damage: special
    Range: PB\S 0, M -2, L N\A

Small Concussion Missle Launcer (8 missles)
    Attack Bonus: +5 (+1 size, +4 FC)
    Damage: 9d10x2

Cloaking Device
    Sensor Mask +20 vs computer check with sensors to spot
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Cut to the chase!  (or Learning to fly) Empty Re: Cut to the chase! (or Learning to fly)

Post  Chris Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:57 pm

Please decide which station(s) your character wants to operate.

Pilot: Shivak (currently)

Commander:

Engineer:

*Shields:

Sensors:

Quad Laser Cannons (Front): Tarro

*Tractor Beam (F):

*Ion Cannon (Turret):

*Concussion Missiles (F):

Cloaking Device:  
    Much like Star Trek, the Cloak sucks power from wpns and shields.  Power must be rerouted (Engineer) from both systems in order to activate the Cloak (Computer).  The same applies in reverse, when dropping the Cloak, the ship will have no shields or wpns, so power must be rerouted to each system (wpn) before they can fire. The Cloak is effectively an Invisibility spell on the ship, meaning that it is actually invisible AND gets +20 to avoid detection by sensors.

Currently, Shivak deactivated the Cloak last round, rerouted power to the Quad Laser Cannon and destroyed 1 droid fighter.  The * marks by the other wpns and shields represent their lack of power or function.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Cut to the chase!  (or Learning to fly) Left_bar_bleue19/19Cut to the chase!  (or Learning to fly) Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    Cut to the chase!  (or Learning to fly) Left_bar_bleue1/0Cut to the chase!  (or Learning to fly) Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:48 pm

Shivak is the pilot for now... unless anyone can beat a 24 Dexterity and a maxed Piloting skill (if so, then Shivak can still fire guns with his stats)
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Cut to the chase!  (or Learning to fly) Left_bar_bleue68/68Cut to the chase!  (or Learning to fly) Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:22 am

Tarro
    Ac 30 SR21
    Touch 20
    Hp 50/135
    PBAMF
    Haste +1att/+1AC
    Divine favor +2 att/dmg

Fyi, I have been forgetting my +1 for bracers of falcon's aim. I will update listed attacks on character sheet soon.

There is no "gunnery" skill, but you take penalties to attack if you don't have the associated starship operations feat, (or the gunner feat). Otherwise you use your ranged attack + FC + feats.

Tarro uses the quad laser at:
    24/24/24/19 (not including temp buffs).
    Or
    26/26/21 (not including temp buffs).
    And can still use manyshot.
    It stands to reason that his limmitless range mythic ability would also eliminate penalties for short range and reduce medium and long range penalties to -2.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Cut to the chase!  (or Learning to fly) Left_bar_bleue19/19Cut to the chase!  (or Learning to fly) Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    Cut to the chase!  (or Learning to fly) Left_bar_bleue1/0Cut to the chase!  (or Learning to fly) Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:06 am

ouch! Tarro is going to be a bad-ass gunner. Twisted Evil
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:40 am

Sharn is only decent at Repair. He will take Engineer position or Commander.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:55 am

navyik wrote:
    There is no "gunnery" skill, but you take penalties to attack if you don't have the associated starship operations feat, (or the gunner feat).  Otherwise you use your ranged attack + FC + feats.

Tarro uses the quad laser at:
    24/24/24/19  (not including temp buffs).
    Or
    26/26/21  (not including temp buffs).
    And can still use manyshot.
    It stands to reason that his limmitless range mythic ability would also eliminate penalties for short range and reduce medium and long range penalties to -2.

cheers good catch!  I forgot that they rolled Starship Gunnery into Starship Operations.  LIke I said, 10+yrs since I ran starship combat drunken
    It makes more sense and frees up a feat, which is good.

I agree - Tarro can use Manyshot, Rapid shot, Point Blank (when at starship PB).  I agree about Limitless Range (mythic), that makes sense.

Robyo wrote:Sharn is only decent at Repair. He will take Engineer position or Commander.

Engineer is very important!

I really like how SW lets a whole crew be involved in the starship actions.

whit10 wrote:ouch! Tarro is going to be a bad-ass gunner. Twisted Evil

Tarro = PBAMF Cool

Last edited by Chris on Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:59 am; edited 2 times in total
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:56 am

Chris wrote:Please decide which station(s) your character wants to operate.

Commander:

Engineer: Sharn

*Shields:

Sensors:

Quad Laser Cannons (Front):  Tarro

*Tractor Beam (F):

*Ion Cannon (Turret):

*Concussion Missiles (F):

Cloaking Device:  
    Much like Star Trek, the Cloak sucks power from wpns and shields.  Power must be rerouted (Engineer) from both systems in order to activate the Cloak (Computer).  The same applies in reverse, when dropping the Cloak, the ship will have no shields or wpns, so power must be rerouted to each system (wpn) before they can fire. The Cloak is effectively an Invisibility spell on the ship, meaning that it is actually invisible AND gets +20 to avoid detection by sensors.

Currently, Shivak deactivated the Cloak last round, rerouted power to the Quad Laser Cannon and destroyed 1 droid fighter.  The * marks by the other wpns and shields represent their lack of power or function.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Cut to the chase!  (or Learning to fly) Left_bar_bleue68/68Cut to the chase!  (or Learning to fly) Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:11 pm

Given the forward firing arc, are any other weapons accessible to Tarro from the same station?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:45 pm

navyik wrote:Given the forward firing arc, are any other weapons accessible to Tarro from the same station?

scratch  Good question....

logically, I can see having access to all of the forward mounted weapons: the guns, the missiles and the tractor beam.

"Too close for missiles, switching to guns"

By the same token, I think more than 1 person could operate systems individually too, so it isn't just 1 station.  I could see there being multiple weapon stations in the front cockpick, each controlling 1 of the systems at any time.  I would look at it like drawing a weapon, so a free action to switch between weapons.  So you could not, for example, fire 1 missile, 2 shots with the guns and 1 tractor beam.  

I guess if 2 people were contesting control of a particular weapon system they could roll opposed Computer Use or just arm wrestle for it afro

Anything called a "turret" is only that 1 system and is physically located in a different part of the ship (most likely).

seem reasonable?
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:59 pm

Yep.
    MrBrownstone75
    MrBrownstone75

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Cut to the chase!  (or Learning to fly) Left_bar_bleue15/20Cut to the chase!  (or Learning to fly) Empty_bar_bleue  (15/20)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MrBrownstone75 Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:05 pm

Bos Lobo could serve as Commander or Engineer. I see Sharn already at engineer but I currently have a Knowledge (engineering) of +19. I could use my 21 charisma and inspire abilities as commander too. How about a vote from the rest of the crew?

navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:08 pm

My vote is for the hairy guy! scratch
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Cut to the chase!  (or Learning to fly) Left_bar_bleue60/112Cut to the chase!  (or Learning to fly) Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:16 pm

SDX is not taking an active crew position. He will position himself some in (or just behind) the cockpit area where he can see what is going on.

"Red creature. The corpse is of value to you, and it is your goal to posses it, correct? Position us in closest possible proximity to the fleeing craft. There is a high percentage chance the corpse, or at least the head, can be retrieved."

SDX readies action, summon monster class ability, condition = craft we are chasing comes into visual range or is confirmed on sensors.

Previously summoned creatures will be dismissed on departure from the platform, or simply left to expire.

whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:21 pm

I think Sharn would be a fine engineer. Highest Charisma should be commander I guess.

This still leaves some guns unmanned if my math is right
    MrBrownstone75
    MrBrownstone75

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Cut to the chase!  (or Learning to fly) Left_bar_bleue15/20Cut to the chase!  (or Learning to fly) Empty_bar_bleue  (15/20)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MrBrownstone75 Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:10 pm

I can fire some of the guns, perhaps missiles or ion cannon. I have proficiency in starship weapons and piloting.
    I should be able to use my inspire abilities on the crew even though I'm a just a gunner.

whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:03 pm

yep, that's what the comm system is for cheers

...these are going to be some rather odd battles. lol
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:19 am

Chris wrote:Please decide which station(s) your character wants to operate.

Commander:  Bos

Engineer:  Sharn

*Shields:

Sensors:

Quad Laser Cannons (Front):  Tarro

*Tractor Beam (F):

*Ion Cannon (Turret): Bos

*Concussion Missiles (F):  Bos

Cloaking Device:  

Bos - I see no problem with being at a weapon station and acting as Commander.  The only issue is how you spend your standard and move actions.  If you have some Commander ability that you can use as a "move" or "free" then you could also fire a wpn.  

SDX is not taking a station, but is in the forward cockpit.  SDX has no available action to ready, it takes a double move for everyone to get on the ship and move to the cockpit\station.   SDX, no one is manning the sensor station, so it will have to be a visual target.

study I was mistaken about initiative as well, unless everyone is going to delay to coordinate something using a Commander, everyone goes on their own initiative.

Just for the sake of cleanliness, everyone coordinated their efforts at the end of the ground fight round and got on the ship.  Shivak had 1 move left, so he can move 20 hexes after the droid starfighter (who had moved 32 hexes last turn + 32 hexes this turn on his last move).   Initial starting distance is 44 atmospheric hexes (22 space hexes).....  confused I am already getting confused by the conversion........

study I suggest we drop the hex:2hex conversion.

All craft move their base speed (# of hexes) and the base ranges for weapons\sensors, unless otherwise slowed for some reason.  I think the easier (and less meaningful) way to do it is just to double the atmospheric hex distance from 50m to 100m instead of doubling hexes and ranges.

I will post up a map later, but the droid starfighter (spd 8 ) has a 22 hex head start on the Wrenvenge (spd 10). Cool Engineers can increase speed

study  Everyone please roll a new initiative for the chase
    MrBrownstone75
    MrBrownstone75

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MrBrownstone75 Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:50 am

Bos Lobo
    AC 17
    62/62 HP

Initiative:
    12+3=15
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:15 pm

Shivak: 87 HP, current Dex at 24

Initiative:

Roll(1d20)+8:
    9,+8
    Total:17

(and, as soon as everyone is on board and someone yells to "follow that ship", Shivak will floor it to begin pursuit) since you mentioned there was a move action left or something

Last edited by whit10 on Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:18 pm

Tarro
    Ac 30 SR21
    Touch 20
    Hp 50/135
    PBAMF
    Haste +1att/+1AC/+1ref 7/10rnds
    Divine favor +2 att/dmg 8/10rnds

Init: 5+12=17
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Cut to the chase!  (or Learning to fly) Left_bar_bleue60/112Cut to the chase!  (or Learning to fly) Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:31 pm

SDX will take sensors then if no one else will man the station. That will give him the situational awareness he'll need for his plan.

Will post stats later tonight, off for B-day dinner with Nicole.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:52 pm

MAS wrote:SDX will take sensors then if no one else will man the station. That will give him the situational  awareness he'll need for his plan.

6x9=42
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:49 pm

SDX
    AC =18
    HP = 92 /92
    SP = 21
    Summon Monster SLA used: 1
    Spell slots used: 2nd = 4, 3rd =1

Init =

Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +1" :

2 + 1 = 3

Last edited by MAS on Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:50 pm

navyik wrote:
    MAS wrote:SDX will take sensors then if no one else will man the station. That will give him the situational  awareness he'll need for his plan.

6x9=42

ROFL!
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:47 am

MrBrownstone75 wrote:I can fire some of the guns, perhaps missiles or ion cannon. I have proficiency in starship weapons and piloting.
    I should be able to use my inspire abilities on the crew even though I'm a just a gunner.

Bos finds the vacant gaze of Tarro's helmet. His voice is equally vacant. "Take over here; I will man the turret."
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:19 am

Picking up the Droid Starfighter's (DSF) last movement from the other map.....

Cut to the chase!  (or Learning to fly) Dockin10

The DSF dives down into a stream of traffic in the industrial sector.  2 DSF emerge in a tight formation, obfuscating which one is carrying Nomar's body.  Traffic is very thick in the tightly packed lower industrial levels of Coruscant.

Cut to the chase!  (or Learning to fly) Traffi10

The 2 DSF fly in formation for a few hundred meters, then split off into opposite directions.  Since SDX and Tarro had good perception checks last time, they kept an eye on their movement and can guide Shivak.  

Cut to the chase!  (or Learning to fly) 1_cut_11

Initiative:

Tarro = 17*
    Shivak = 17
    Bos =15
    DSF (Droid Starfighters) = 9
    SDX = 3

Sharn = ?

study The ship tokens are a little bigger than the squares, but I thought they were too hard to see at a smaller size.  Try to count position by the alphanumeric grid more than the actual squares.  For example, if Shivak wanted to fly around one of the corners, that would be going from 9 to 23, or 14 squares.

study Coruscant skyscrappers are hundreds, perhaps thousands of stories high.  You cannot fly over them or you would gain so much elevation that you lose track of your prey.

Wrenvenge is starting at the docking bay, roughly M-9.  The 2 yellow arrows indicate the last visual flight path of DSF1 and DSF2, per Tarro and SDX.

The other ships in between represent the heavy Coruscant air traffic (obstacles).

Current range estimate =  22

Currently there is no power to shields or any weapons, except front main guns.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:28 am

Tarro waits for his turret to power up. "Let's get some power to these weapons and shields."
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:20 am

Sharn
    AC 21
    HP 87/87

Buffs:
    ~Sharn - Entropic Shield (ranged attacks 20% miss), Sanctuary (foes must make a Will save (DC 18) or they cannot attack Sharn)
    ~all allies - Bless (+1 Attacks and saves vs Fear)
    ~current bonus from Bos - (everyone that has a character within 30ft of Bos Lobo gains a +2 to hit/damage/skill checks/saves)

Initiative: 13 + 4 = 17

Sharn will make sure T'son is in a comfortable position, then he will attend to his post. Irwin flies inside the ship just as the hatch is closing. "Crikey boss, that was close! Where we going now?"

Sharn's skills are reconfig'd. Still haven't figured out the bonus feat exactly. There are rules for Reputation and Fame, in Ultimate Campaign. http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/ultimateCampaign/campaignSystems/reputationAndFame.html

Otherwise, he can just take Starship Piloting.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:34 am

Robyo wrote:
    Sharn's skills are reconfig'd. Still haven't figured out the bonus feat exactly. There are rules for Reputation and Fame, in Ultimate Campaign. http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/ultimateCampaign/campaignSystems/reputationAndFame.html

Otherwise, he can just take Starship Piloting.

Skills look fine. If you really want to get into the UC stuff with Fame, you can, but it seems a little overly-complicated.

or

You can import Fame\Infamy from SW - granting a bonus to any social skills when appropriate.

or

What about a Skill Focus? ie Repair or something like that

or

open to suggestions - just something non-combat, preferably that would help on a ship or related to Sharn's video stuff
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:37 am

Chris wrote:
    Pilot: Shivak

Commander:  Bos

Engineer:  Sharn

*Shields: SDX
    Sensors: SDX

Quad Laser Cannons (Front): Bos (has power)
    *Tractor Beam (F): Bos
    *Ion Cannon (Turret): Tarro
    *Concussion Missiles (F):  Bos

* marks by the other wpns and shields represent their lack of power or function.

Chris wrote:
    Initiative:

Tarro = 17
    Shivak = 17
    Sharn = 17
    Bos =15
    DSF (Droid Starfighters) = 9
    SDX = 3

drunken after all that.... everyone is basically going on the same initiative anyways, minus SDX, LOL

T'son is resting on a med cot, though he is still seriously injured he appears stable and comfortable

Tarro is up - Quad Lasers DO have power, other wpns do not, sorry if that wasn't clear.  No visible target though.

Please use the first post for reference, I tried to put pg#s or the tables there I anticipate us needing.  If you unsure, just ask  Cool

Tarro
    Shivak  (pg218-220 for maneuvers)
    Sharn

are up at 17

followed by Bos at 15

Last edited by Chris on Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:59 am; edited 2 times in total
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:07 am

navyik wrote:
    MrBrownstone75 wrote:I can fire some of the guns, perhaps missiles or ion cannon. I have proficiency in starship weapons and piloting.

Bos finds the vacant gaze of Tarro's helmet.  His voice is equally vacant.  "Take over here; I will man the turret."
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:59 am

navyik wrote:
    navyik wrote:

Bos finds the vacant gaze of Tarro's helmet.  His voice is equally vacant.  "Take over here; I will man the turret."

drunken oops, fixed. thanks
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:25 am

Sharn and Irwin are down in engineering. The wookie has donned his comlink headset.

"Rrraaalllrrrfff! Growl gruffarr rowllarr!" {Engineering is ready and standing by. Copy that.}

He's got his tool set handy, so he is able to quickly make mechanical adjustments and augmentations to the ship's hardware. Irwin is ready to assist and tediously surveys the computer banks.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:32 pm

navyik wrote:Tarro waits for his turret to power up.  "Let's get some power to these weapons and shields."

Robyo wrote:
    "Rrraaalllrrrfff! Growl gruffarr rowllarr!" {Engineering is ready and standing by. Copy that.}

He's got his tool set handy, so he is able to quickly make mechanical adjustments and augmentations to the ship's hardware. Irwin is ready to assist and tediously surveys the computer banks.

study I am sensing hesitancy for anyone to act, since ship combat is unfamiliar.  I have offered multiple suggestions already, in the above posts with references to page # and tables.   I am happy to have T'son offer some more focused guidance, if that is what the players want.

Tarro, Shivak and Sharn all go at 17 and Bos at 15 - so any of you can take your actions here
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:43 pm

Sorry, I didn't catch part of your update.

Shivak is just going as fast as he can to catch the DSF that we need to overtake.

Which one is it? Left or right?

Not sure what I should roll to try and catch up/overtake the target. Straight up Pilot check?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:58 pm

whit10 wrote:Sorry, I didn't catch part of your update.

Shivak is just going as fast as he can to catch the DSF that we need to overtake.

Which one is it?  Left or right?

Not sure what I should roll to try and catch up/overtake the target.  Straight up Pilot check?

Nobody knows which one it is, that's the point  Cool

please refer to n*28 and n*1
    please look at pages 218-220 for stunts and maneuvers - they either cost movement squares and\or require Pilot checks, depending on what you choose to do.

there is no straight path.    Look at the map and make a plan for navigating the other traffic (obstacles) in either\both path.  There are 3 towers blocking the middle and 3-4 obstacles in either path, that need to be maneuvered around. (Slip, side-slip, turns, etc).

There is a reason this thread is called "Learning to Fly"  Wink

Cut to the chase!  (or Learning to fly) 1_cut_11
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:26 pm

gotcha, will check it out. I've already read through some of it.

I will need to know which one to go after however before I can take Shivak's turn
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:42 pm

whit10 wrote:gotcha, will check it out. I've already read through some of it.

I will need to know which one to go after however before I can take Shivak's turn

Ok, give me a flight path, with maneuvers and rolls (or at least a 1st attempt) whenever you are ready.

Target choice is up to you, however Wink
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:28 pm

I was under the impression that there might be a member of the crew that wants to give me a target? (hint,hint)
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:01 am

whit10 wrote:I was under the impression that there might be a member of the crew that wants to give me a target? (hint,hint)

Ok folks, this is how it stands:

Shivak is waiting for someone to tell him which way to go

Sharn is waiting for someone to tell him what to do in engineering

Tarro is waiting for someone to reroute power to his turret and move the ship to give him a target

Bos is at the forward guns waiting for the ship to move and give him a target

SDX is waiting for his turn, which is after the SDFs go again, to maybe use sensors or do something else

if no one is willing to act or step up and give commands (everyone except SDX has an action right now).  Then I will assume you are all delaying and I will move the 2 SDfs again.  Currently, no one has a visual on them.  If they move again, you will lose them.

This is exactly where you all have been stuck for 2-3 days, which lead me to post yesterday.....

Chris wrote:
    study I am sensing hesitancy for anyone to act, since ship combat is unfamiliar. I have offered multiple suggestions already, in the above posts with references to page # and tables. I am happy to have T'son offer some more focused guidance, if that is what the players want.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:08 am

"Go left."
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:52 am

ok, left it is. But I'm going to need a minute to actually plot this out and I'm at work, so it will have to wait a bit
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:05 pm

Sharn works to route any excess power to the thrusters.

Repair/Mechanic: 13 + 16 = 29

While rapidly patching in a squid-bundle of cables, he growls in his best Scottish accent, "Garrorr rarrlll wargg rarr!" {I'm givin' 'er everything she's got, Captain!}
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:48 pm

"If we are on the correct one, the other will try to flank. Better track both with sensors, get some shields, and this ion cannon. We can fry it and then tractor beam it. We won't need the missles or the quads... yet."
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:18 pm

Robyo wrote:Sharn works to route any excess power to the thrusters.

Repair/Mechanic: 13 + 16 = 29

While rapidly patching in a squid-bundle of cables, he growls in his best Scottish accent, "Garrorr rarrlll wargg rarr!" {I'm givin' 'er everything she's got, Captain!}

Sharn has 2 actions.  It costs 1 move action to reroute more power to the engines.  the question is - where is that power coming from?

possible answers:  the shields, ion turret or tractor beam
    or take power away from another system (requires another repair roll)

remember, the cloak is down, but power to the shields and other weapons was never restored, so it can be diverted to the engines, sure.  But that will leave 1 of those systems without a supply to re-power them.

Sharn still has 1 action left and can reroute 1 more supply of power, if he wants or take another action.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:38 pm

He's not really looking to draw power away from other systems, just any excess power running through the lines. These mando ships are well-known for their power inefficiency.

Of course, if that's not attainable, then he'll draw power from the tractor beam.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:47 pm

Robyo wrote:He's not really looking to draw power away from other systems, just any excess power running through the lines. These mando ships are well-known for their power inefficiency.

Of course, if that's not attainable, then he'll draw power from the tractor beam.

Right, if you look at the 2 charts in n*1, you have to draw power away to give power somewhere else - usually 2 rolls. In this case, there is excess power from the Cloak that had not been rerouted back to the wpns and shields.

Sharn still has 1 action left - he can reroute power back to the shields or ion turret (as Tarro requested) or do another engineering action
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:00 pm

Alright, draw excess power from the cloaking device to the engines.

2nd roll: 13 + 5 = 18

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:45 pm