Chris
whit10
6 posters

Bugs, I hate Bugs!

whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Bugs, I hate Bugs! - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue19/19Bugs, I hate Bugs! - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    Bugs, I hate Bugs! - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1/0Bugs, I hate Bugs! - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Bugs, I hate Bugs! - Page 2 Empty Re: Bugs, I hate Bugs!

Post  whit10 Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:38 am

I'm an idiot! lol.... The Colonel should have gone before JT.

go ahead Colonel Corbett
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Bugs, I hate Bugs! - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Bugs, I hate Bugs! - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    Bugs, I hate Bugs! - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Bugs, I hate Bugs! - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:40 pm

whit10 wrote:yeah, that would be the spell.  No offense, but you might want to assume that I actually know what I'm doing (though I'm by no means perfect)

Only the Colonel can see both targets right now... they are invisible currently to everyone else (though you know that something is out there)

However, you can attack the space that you think one of them might be in.  See below:

Total Concealment: If you have line of effect to a target but not line of sight, he is considered to have total concealment from you. You can't attack an opponent that has total concealment, though you can attack into a square that you think he occupies. A successful attack into a square occupied by an enemy with total concealment has a 50% miss chance (instead of the normal 20% miss chance for an opponent with concealment).

You can't execute an attack of opportunity against an opponent with total concealment, even if you know what square or squares the opponent occupies.

Well excuse me, but I'm not claiming to be perfect either. I didn't know about improved invisibility. But of course there is. Frankly Josh, you've managed to continually put me on the defensive since I joined the forum. Attacking any post I made about 5e, including in your review of Radiance (after the first adventure) that it's just a big WoW ripoff, and of course I had to defend my present character's build after we'd already been adventuring for awhile. Oh, but I'm the shitty one.

Now that I've gotten that off my chest; fuck it, water under the bridge. Once my character dies from scorpion poison, or death ray, or rifle slug... I'll play Zaya or make the shadowjack character I have in mind.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:59 pm

The centipede shouldn't have attacked until 2nd round. Just skip my turn this time. The centipede is dead anyways. Maybe you can kill Olivia this round too.

Pathfinder has successfully made summon monster the most nerfed and useless spell from 3.5.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Bugs, I hate Bugs! - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue19/19Bugs, I hate Bugs! - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    Bugs, I hate Bugs! - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1/0Bugs, I hate Bugs! - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:15 pm

come on dude... it's not the end of the world. I like your character and it was a simple mistake. Look at it this way, the centipede took attacks that might have been directed at someone else. Not a bad use of a Summon spell at all. In fact, it's better than having an animal companion or flunky die... at least IMO it is.

don't go gettin' all pouty on me yet. Very Happy

And just to say it, Summoning spells ARE very powerful. Think about the larger monsters and what Augment Summoning can do with them... nasty stuff
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:49 pm

I also need to say this now and just this once.  

This is a game.  It is supposed to be fun.  I'm very conscious of my own failings in the past when it came to gaming and taking it too seriously.  If anyone is unsatisfied with their character, that's one thing.  Getting bent out of shape about a rule or something else is a different matter.  I am by no means perfect when it comes to knowing all the rules for PF, there are 7 books at last count (or Cool and no one knows all the rules by heart.  I will always endeavor to get things right but I might (and will) make a mistake from time to time.  When this happens, I will attempt to rectify it in a fair manner and I'm always cool with a discussion if it's something important to the story or survival of a particular character.

Please refrain from getting pissy about minor things, especially when your character hasn't been harmed in any way due to an error.

I will do my best to make sure that no one is getting screwed.

... rant over.  I hope everyone is enjoying this... we're just getting started and I plan on running this for quite a bit longer (though it could slow down a bit in a few weeks as I have several trials coming up)

Last edited by whit10 on Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Bugs, I hate Bugs! - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue60/112Bugs, I hate Bugs! - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:30 pm

GM - I dont want or need a retcon on the dmg CJC took - but when I moved into position there, I did say I was ending the move under cover of the vehicle - so hopefully you are taking some level of cover into account when CJC is attacked.

GM protip - keep a list of all the players and bad guys so you can track conditions. It can also be useful to notate the conditions on the map.

Swift action: Use "Boundless Bandolier" to load a "Burrowing bullet" into the rifle.
    "This +1 firearm bullet deals normal damage, but when it hits a living creature, it burrows into the creature's flesh, causing wracking pain until removed or until the bullet burrows its way out of the creature. While these bullets burrow, the creature is staggered. This effect lasts for 1d3 rounds or until the bullet is removed with a DC 15 Heal check made as a standard action."

Standard action: Cast spell, "True strike"
    "You gain temporary, intuitive insight into the immediate future during your next attack. Your next single attack roll (if it is made before the end of the next round) gains a +20 insight bonus. Additionally, you are not affected by the miss chance that applies to attackers trying to strike a concealed target."

Attack action:
    Rifle is animal Bane, no bonus
    Rapid Shot -2 to both attacks
    Both rounds are +1 magic items
    First range increment, attack is vs target touch AC
    First attack +27
    Second attack +7

Fire rifle at spellcaster located hex 2901 twice =

FIRST ATTACK:
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +27" :

12 + 27 = 39

Damage

Result of the throw of dice "1d12 +4" :

4 + 4 = 8

SECOND ATTACK:
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +7" :

15 + 7 = 22

Damage if hits

Result of the throw of dice "1d12 +4" :

6 + 4 = 10

The spellcaster has been hit by the burrowing bullet - see above for effects.

"Summon this, ya' bloody thug!"

BOOM! BOOM!

whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:12 pm

Matt, if you cast the spell True Strike, you wouldn't be able to attack on the same round w/o a Hero Point expenditure as casting that spell is a Standard Action (as is any attack)

I will apprise the party anytime there is a condition that matters for targets. I just have to remember to note it. Currently, you have two invisible targets (except to the Colonel).

I will let you change your actions if you so wish.

Rob, you can still take normal actions this turn. Frankly, all that would have to change is the damage the centipede did to the Scorpion, it would have still been there as a target for the scorp... which, again, I think is not a bad use of summon monster at all.
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Bugs, I hate Bugs! - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue60/112Bugs, I hate Bugs! - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:52 pm

whit10 wrote:Matt, if you cast the spell True Strike, you wouldn't be able to attack on the same round w/o a Hero Point expenditure as casting that spell is a Standard Action (as is any attack)

I will apprise the party anytime there is a condition that matters for targets.  I just have to remember to note it.  Currently, you have two invisible targets (except to the Colonel).

I will let you change your actions if you so wish.

Rob, you can still take normal actions this turn.  Frankly, all that would have to change is the damage the centipede did to the Scorpion, it would have still been there as a target for the scorp... which, again, I think is not a bad use of summon monster at all.  

Standard action and move action are pretty much interchangeable. You can take a move action instead of a standard action, i.e. full move, which is 2 move actions, why not two standard actions?

If you will not listen to reason, Ill burn the hero point. Wink
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Bugs, I hate Bugs! - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue68/68Bugs, I hate Bugs! - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:55 pm

We need to just let the dm be right sometimes. If we point out a potential issue and the DM says he has his reasons then we should embrace the challenge... Like the gong of doom... Basketball
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:18 pm

I'm running the game the way it's structured and written for a reason. It's not to be shitty and I think I've been fair with allowances. It has nothing to do with reason, it's all about what the rules state for the conduct of combat.

A standard action is a standard action. Move actions and standards are different for a reason. You just tried to take a full combat action (all attacks) and cast a spell. That's never been permissible by D&D or PF rules. All I'm asking for is you is play by the rules.

...Mr. when I play Shogun (the board game) I think I can just drop 20 Ronin on a territory that has only one soldier on it (I have a really good memory of that game... totally against the rules BTW) tongue

Anywho. I need to be more specific. Frankly, and you can look this up, IF you cast the spell you have a move action left, that's all. Spending a Hero Point will only allow for one attack, not two. (more than one attack is technically a full round action, not a standard)

If I may, why bother with the True Strike? Ranged touch attacks are pretty easy, just sayin'.... your call though
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Bugs, I hate Bugs! - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue35/35Bugs, I hate Bugs! - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:19 pm

MAS wrote:
    Standard action and move action are pretty much interchangeable. You can take a move action instead of a standard action, i.e. full move, which is 2 move actions, why not two standard actions?

If you will not listen to reason, Ill burn the hero point. Wink

Actually, they are not.  Just read the combat section, under Actions, it is pretty clear.  There is a hierarchy of actions:

Full Round = both standard + move
    standard (things that require a check or roll)
    move (except for movement related things like jump, climb, acro, these don't require a roll of any kind)
    swift\free\etc

You can move down and swap a standard for a move, but not the other way around.  That has never flown in 3.x or PF.  

but nice try afro

Besides, you took 3!! actions
    cast a spell = standard
    Rapid Shot = full round action

lol!
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:55 am

My bad on the rapid shot, forgot that makes the attack a full round. One single shot.

Hero point spent for extra action.

I am bothering with "true strike" because it eliminates the chance of missing with a one-off 3444 GP value magic item!
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:17 am

Ok,  you hit him and he is staggered. (you see him begin to writhe in pain) and the party hears him scream out as well

Olivia is up

Last edited by whit10 on Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Bugs, I hate Bugs! - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue35/35Bugs, I hate Bugs! - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:55 am

MAS wrote:My bad on the rapid shot, forgot that makes the attack a full round. One single shot.

Hero point spent for extra action.

I am bothering with "true strike" because it eliminates the chance of missing with a one-off 3444 GP value magic item!

True Strike + Quickening (down the road) to make it swift. Rod of Quickening, cast as a 4th lvl spell with Metamagic feat, cast while moving into cover on an earlier round, etc

I don't blame you for wanting to make sure you hit with that expensive of a consumable item
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:53 pm

I'm surprised you waited on me. We're on round 2 right? Thought I mentioned that I'm happy to skip this round because of my fuck up in round 1. The centipede attacks. The centipede is dead.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:15 am

yeah, and I said to take your turn because it was more my screw up than yours... but if you wish to drop your action, ok.

Matt, I'm going to need a 1d3 roll from you for the rounds of damage.. that bullet is a nasty piece of work and it keeps doing damage.

However, you, Colonel, see the 'mage' move as fast as he can over behind the guy with the rifle. He pulls something from his robe as he moves. He is done.

Elliot is up.
    Arcturus2
    Arcturus2

Post  Arcturus2 Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:18 am

Elliot follows with his rifle the same scorpion he shot last round..(the one now in 0309)

As the beast advances, he can hear it's claws skittering across the sand and rocks in the dim moonlit night. A chill runs down his spine but he steels his nerves, and steadies his breathing..

He follows the huge shadowy figure with his rifle, lining up a careful shot at the beast..

Attack 1: 1d20+9 (20+9)= 29

HAH! Cool

Crit confirmation: 1d20+9 (14+9)=23

If confirmed, damage roll: 4d12+6 +1d6 Electric (11,1,6,4+6+4 electric)= 32 (4 of which is electric)

If no crit, 21 damage (4 electric)

Mr. GM- I'd like to know if that critter is still standing before I finish Elliot's turn, please.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:11 am

whit10 wrote:yeah, and I said to take your turn because it was more my screw up than yours... but if you wish to drop your action, ok.

Alright. She can still do stuff while the centipede is attacking.

Casts Summon Monster I
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:40 am

Arcturus2 wrote:
    Mr. GM- I'd like to know if that critter is still standing before I finish Elliot's turn, please.

Mr. GM - can we get an updated map too, maybe after you determine if the bug is dead?

several of us have moved, including the enemy now

party - anybody got something like Faerie Fire or Glitterdust or Dispel Magic something to reveal our 2 imp. inviso guys?
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:52 am

Updated Map, as of Elliot's first shot....

The scorpion had raised it's claws to strike at JT... and Elliot puts a solid shot right through it's head and body.  It drops.

Ah, Faerie Fire.... a very good suggestion. cheers

Bugs, I hate Bugs! - Page 2 Encoun33

I had to move things a bit to make sure that everything showed up on the map.... which apparently didn't work. The guy at the far edge is the caster and he's staggered.

you may continue your turn Elliot,  Olivia's newest summoned creature will appear next round
    Arcturus2
    Arcturus2

Post  Arcturus2 Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:18 am

Thanks Mr. GM!

Elliot drops the first scorpion he fires at and quickly works the bolt of his rifle while shifting in the grave, seeking out other targets.. he is barely aware of the corpse beneath him as he's wrapped up in battle.

He finds the other scorpion with his sights and squeezes the trigger of his Springfield again.

Attack 2: 1d20+4 (8+4)=12

Man, I'm pretty sure Elliot just shot wide on that one.. but just in case, damage:

1d12+6+6 electric (4+6+2 electric)=12

Elliot still can't see any active shooter so he's staying in cover in the grave for now..

That's it For Eli. He'll skip his move action this round
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:50 am

That is a miss.

The shooter beyond the dune shoots at the Colonel, who he saw shoot his master last turn.  (Corbett has partial cover)

First shot:

Roll(1d20)+10:
    3,+10
    Total:13

Since partial cover conveys a +2 to AC (but doesn't specify against touch attacks, which I think should be included) he hits the fender of the car that you're taking cover behind.  A near miss...

Second Shot:

Roll(1d20)+8:
    14,+8
    Total:22

That hits:

Roll(1d10)+5:
    8,+5
    Total:13

13 points of damage.  The shooter is done.

the last scorpion lurches forward with attacks against everyone in it's front... one claw at Olivia, one at JT and a tail/stinger attack at Elliot

Claw at Olivia:

Roll(1d20)+8:
    1,+8
    Total:9   lol... damned fumble (I should have noted, when a 1 is rolled, you roll again, if another 1 is rolled, something bad happens, if not, it's just an auto-miss)

Roll(1d20)+8:
    2,+8
    Total:10   Yikes.  this guy really sucks, but it's claw plowes into the sand about a foot in front of Olivia.

Attack at JT:

Roll(1d20)+8:
    9,+8
    Total:17

another miss (if my dice were even hitting half the time....  lol)

Tail attack against Elliot:

Roll(1d20)+8:
    2,+8
    Total:10  (fuck me!)  another miss!  

Bugs, I hate Bugs! - Page 2 Encoun34

CR III is up.  Map is current
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:18 am

GM - JT moved 30ft in a straight line to the right last turn

Chris wrote:
    JT will quick sheathe his Tommy gun

JT will move 30ft to 1209 drawing a stick of TNT as part of his move action.

JT will light and throw the TNT (grenade rules) at square 2110......

the scorp missed JT, but he wasn't there to begin with. JT was 45ft from the 2 in the sand dune, based on his last ranged attack.

I know you shuffled the images (looks like we are all 1 hex to the right more) on the map a bit, so I am just giving you the correct distances from the last map. JT should be 9 hexes (45ft) to the left of the rifle guy
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:38 am

whoops, missed that bit. My bad. I'll update your position at the top of the next round.

CR III is currently up.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Bugs, I hate Bugs! - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue68/68Bugs, I hate Bugs! - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:55 pm

Running up the deceased scorpion, CR3 uses it like a pommel horse and vaults 20' to 910 and dashes toward the rock formation from which shots seem to be coming.  Drawing the kusari-gama, he ends his double move at 2009.

8+8+4=20 acrobatics.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:53 pm

Nicely done!

Top of Round 3

Colonel Corbett is up

Bugs, I hate Bugs! - Page 2 Encoun35
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:53 pm

And I still need a 1d3 roll for your last bullet matt, for the number of rounds it lasts.
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:27 pm

I didnt roll the d3 because thats a GM kinda thing - but here you go.

Result of the throw of dice "1d3" :

Staggered: A staggered creature may take a single move action or standard action each round (but not both, nor can he take full-round actions). A staggered creature can still take free, swift and immediate actions.

We can assume that whatever he did after he moved was a free, swift or immediate action...?

Full round attack = 2 shots at the rifle toting bad guy
    Swift action, Bane: Rifle is now "Humanoid, Human" Bane weapon = +2/+2d6 vs humans.
    Feat, Rapid shot: Extra attack, both attacks at -2
    Rifle is loaded with +1 ammunition
    Target is within 1st range increment, attack is vs. touch AC

Both attacks +8/+3+2d6

ATTACK ONE:

Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +8" :

14 + 8 = 22

Dmg if hits

Result of the throw of dice "1d12 +2d6 +3" :

2 + 1 + 4 + 3 = 10

ATTACK TWO:

Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +8" :

11 + 8 = 19

Result of the throw of dice "1d12 +2d6 +3" :

6 + 4 + 3 + 3 = 16

"Right then..."

BOOM!

BOOM!
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:34 pm

Matt, I made a mistake, he will just lose his turn this round. He should not have been able to draw the item out (although that is going to be discussed on the GM questions page)

You hit the rifleman twice... he's still standing.

It is now JT's turn then Olivia.

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:51 pm

whit10 wrote:
    It is now JT's turn then Olivia.

GM - I know this is a bit "outside the box" in terms of its usual application.... could JT use his Survival skill and specifically his archetype ability

Improved Tracking (Ex): At 1st level, a trophy hunter gains a +2 bonus on Survival skill checks when following or identifying tracks.

to correctly identify which hex the enemy mage and\or rifleman is located in by looking down at the sand to follow their tracks?

They may be invisible, but we are in the sand of the desert, according to the Survival table for type of ground, sand should either be very soft DC5 or soft DC10 ground.  They would both still leave footprints in the sand as they approached the sand dune and it should be clear which hex they are in because the footsteps would stop.  

Maybe they would even make an impression in the sand with their bodies, for instance if the sniper is laying prone in the sand.  Or the mage if he just dropped down behind the rifleman.

Would that possibly negate some of the concealment penalty for inviso, since I could actually see exactly where their body is located in the sand?
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:03 pm

I love the way you think and I would totally allow that... however, you can't see any tracks that you think would correspond to them (yes, I know you're on 1209 as well) there's a slight rise represented by the orange slice looking things. You can't really see beyond that... I'll give you that stuff for free.

Nice try though!
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:11 pm

whit10 wrote:Matt, I made a mistake, he will just lose his turn this round.

No worries!
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:53 pm

whit10 wrote:I love the way you think and I would totally allow that... however, you can't see any tracks that you think would correspond to them (yes, I know you're on 1209 as well) there's a slight rise represented by the orange slice looking things.  You can't really see beyond that... I'll give you that stuff for free.

Nice try though!

Ok, JT will take a double move from 1209 up to 2110 (which is in between where JT saw the brief outline of the 2 of them last turn).  JT has extra movement for going uphill since that is on top of the sand dune.

Survival check to ID location by sand impressions and\or footprints
    Roll(1d20)+14:
    18,+14
    Total:32

depending on the results, JT will likely take a free action
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:28 pm

you see what look like tracks leading up from the south.... two sets, both human, moving cautiously... you may now attack what you think is the zone they are in and it will be concealment instead of total concealment.

Olivia is up unless JT is doing something else.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:33 pm

Chris wrote:
    depending on the results, JT will likely take a free action

Free action, Speak, JT calls out to his friends, "It's just 2 of them, here they are!"
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:24 pm

Total concealment still applies for normal purposes for everyone else (but the Col. of course)

Olivia is up.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:28 am

Olivia's pony is summoned from last round.

Before I take my turn: What is the status of the scorpions? I notice a red dot on one of them.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:01 am

The one to your left is very dead, the one in front of you is quite alive, very little damage.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:28 pm

Pony attacks the scorpion.

2 Hooves to the head.

1st) 14 - 3 = 11

2nd) 14 - 3 = 11

If those hit, damage: 3 + 3 = 6

Olivia will shift (5 foot step) then run to the car and hop in it. The motor is already running (lights were on so guy could see to dig).

Spend a hero point to drive the car straight towards the hex that JT indicated. She is crouched down, seeing over the steering wheel, but making herself less of a target.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:52 pm

just so you know, the 5' step thing is only on a full attack, you don't get that if you take other actions during a round.

the pony kicks out it's hoofs at the Scorpion and misses with each.  Olivia bolts to the still running car and revs the engine as she tries to floor it towards the dune...

Can I have a Drive check please (very sandy soil = difficult terrain)  DC 15 to keep proper traction as you're increasing speed

I'll update the map after this set of actions
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:29 pm

Shift is just a standard action in other games. But whatever, I was only trying to avoid an Opportunity Attack from the arachnid. If I can't do it and complete my stated action, nevermind the shift.

Drive check: 20 + 6 = 26
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:03 pm

The map is a bit off. You're technically moving from a threatened space into one that is not, so I don't think an AoO is appropriate. That's how I've always read the rule anyway. (someone can correct me if I'm wrong). It's just two move actions, and the drive check, to do what you wanted. Please see the map, I believe that's where you would start next turn, still accelerating (unless you take a different action) and you receive partial cover from being in the car.

You control the car masterfully as you negotiate the slippery terrain and accelerate towards the dune (and JT)

Bugs, I hate Bugs! - Page 2 Encoun36

Tis the caster's turn. Since I made a mistake last round, he pulls a wand from his belt. He is done, and he's still cursing in pain.

Elliot is up
    Arcturus2
    Arcturus2

Post  Arcturus2 Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:18 pm

Elliot fires the last shot in his rifle at the last standing scorpion...

(Since he only has 1 round left before reloading, he'll only take a single attack, but gonna make it a Vital Strike)

Attack 1: 1d20+9 (12+9)=21
    If that hits: 2d12+6+6 electric (10+7+6 +4 electric)=27

Elliot fires on the scorpion, and opens his rifle bolt. The spent brass pops up into the air, catching a glint of moonlight as it tumbles to a rest in the sandy soil. He quickly fishes another 5 round box magazine out of his belt pouch and jams it into the open reciever, ratcheting the bolt shut and completing his reload. (Move action)

Elliot is done.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:21 pm

Nice shot... it hits and does considerable damage.

Rifle guy is up.  Since he sees JT in front of him, he steps back 5' and fires at him.

shot:

Roll(1d20)+10:
    12,+10

hit:

damage: 1d10 +1d6 fire (I've been forgetting this on his shots)

Roll(1d10)+0:
    8,+0
    Total:8

Roll(1d6)+0:
    1,+0
    Total:1

9 total damage.

The remaining scorpion attacks it only remaining target, though it's difficult given the beast's size and Elliot's prepared position
    Roll(1d20)+10:
    4,+10
    Total:14

Roll(1d20)+10:
    14,+10
    Total:24

Roll(1d20)+10:
    6,+10
    Total:16

by my count that's one claw that hits you.

Roll(1d10)+6:
    2,+6

Bugs, I hate Bugs! - Page 2 Encoun37

I've moved everything essentially one space north of where it was so the map is more clear.

CR III is up.

Last edited by whit10 on Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Arcturus2
    Arcturus2

Post  Arcturus2 Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:08 pm

Thanks GM. Elliot HP 58/66
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:59 pm

whit10 wrote:Nice shot... it hits and does considerable damage.

Rifle guy is up.  Since he sees JT in front of him, he steps back 5' and fires at him.

shot:

Roll(1d20)+10:
    12,+10

hit:

damage: 1d10 +1d6 fire (I've been forgetting this on his shots)

Roll(1d10)+0:
    8,+0

Roll(1d6)+0:
    1,+0
    Total:1

9 total damage.

Chris wrote:

current HP then is 51\62

current HP is now 42\62

JT thinks to himself, "I bet the Colonel would fancy that rifle....but it might be tricky reloading an invisible rifle...."
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:33 pm

whit10 wrote:The remaining scorpion attacks it only remaining target, though it's difficult given the beast's size and Elliot's prepared position

There's also a pony attacking the scorpion. Just sayin.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:46 pm

True.  It gets an attack of opportunity since the scorpion moved... forgot it was there.

Bugs, I hate Bugs! - Page 2 Encoun38

proper updated map now... pony AoO.

CR IIIs turn
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:55 pm

If the pony kills the scorp, maybe "summon pony should be a higher level spell or a full round casting time...
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:07 pm

Pony has 2 hooves listed as a regular attack. Does he get both for an Opportunity Attack or just one?

First hoof to the arachnid's face: 18 - 3 = 15

If that hits: 3 damage!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 5:38 pm