Pando - http://www.pando.com/

Dropbox - http://www.dropbox.com/

Open Office - http://www.openoffice.org/

Episode 1 recap thread (working)

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Episode 1 recap thread (working) Left_bar_bleue35/35Episode 1 recap thread (working) Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Episode 1 recap thread (working) Left_bar_bleue0/0Episode 1 recap thread (working) Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Empty Episode 1 recap thread (working)

Post  Chris Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:11 am

BBY = Before Battle of Yavin, Episode 4, Luke destroys the Death Star

3,711 BBY

Chris wrote:
    So this is about 30 yrs in the past or so.... pay attention to the young girl named Satele, she is the current Jedi Grandmaster of the Council.  The young pale Sith is Darth Malgus, not the Sith Emporer but the head of the Dark Council.  

The red skinned Sith is actually Sith race, just so you know what they look like and their planet of origin is the one you see, Korriban.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm4JEZudf0c

In 3,681 BBY, a Sith Empire under the leadership of an immortal Sith Emperor returned to the larger galaxy and launched an assault on the Galactic Republic, sparking the Great Galactic War.

Chris wrote: The sacking of Coruscant and destruction of the Jedi Temple

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdgmH9Vv2-I

The conflict lasted for a total of twenty-eight years, with the Sacking of the Republic capital of Coruscant forcing the Republic to submit to the Empire's demands and sign the Treaty of Coruscant. The galaxy then enters a tense Cold War, with the Republic rebuilding and the Jedi Order retreating to the homeworld of Tython after the destruction of the Jedi Temple on Coruscant while the Empire secures their domain and prepares for the eventual resumption of hostilities.

(behind the scenes) reasons each side signed:

Old Republic got caught way off guard (as usual) and took heavy early losses, need time to regroup

Sith - conducted Blitzkrieg of planets, but didn't have the infrastructure to hold it all.  Not enough manufacturing, supply, etc.  They actually need the ceasefire too - as they expended most of the resources it took them 300 years to build up in secret on their initial attacks.

Besides a large number of fringe worlds, Sith sacked or occupied several key Republic Core worlds:  
    Coruscant - sacked, Jedi relocated to ancient temples at Tython
    Corelia - sacked, looted, occupied (barely)
    Balmorra - conquered and occupied
    Ord Mantel - sacked, conquered, abandoned - currently in total unrest
    Alderaan - current Civil War for power between House Organna (Rep) and House Thul (Sith backed)

By 3,643 BBY, the tensions between the Empire and the Republic have begun to boil over, and proxy and side conflicts occurring across the galaxy only serve to inflame these hostilities.  These are the events of our Episode 1.

each post below represents an entire thread from the story or a chapter in Episode 1

Last edited by Chris on Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Episode 1 recap thread (working) Left_bar_bleue35/35Episode 1 recap thread (working) Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Episode 1 recap thread (working) Left_bar_bleue0/0Episode 1 recap thread (working) Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Empty PROLOGUE

Post  Chris Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:12 am

It is a time of uneasy peace in the galaxy.
    The Republic and Sith Empire have signed a truce, but that has done
    little to stop the violence.
    Both sides have turned to small task forces and covert operations,
    as neither wants to be responsible for breaking the peace: the support
    of many neutral worlds hangs in the balance.
    The tension has caused agents on both sides to re-evaluate their loyalty.
    Bystanders find themselves standing on a rapidly shrinking middle ground.

One such world is Kintan, homeworld of the brutal Nikto race.  
    Located within the Si'Klaata Cluster of Hutt Space,
    Kintan is a rugged world wracked by centuries of conflict and Nikto exploitation.  
    Once a pleasent blue-green globe, Kintan is now dominated by forbidding wastes,
    tectonic instability and nearly impassible mountain ranges.

Kintan is devoid of nearly all indigenous fauna.  Millennia ago, the star M'dweshuu went nova,
    flooding nearby Kintan with radiation.  Most indigenous life perished as a result.  
    Those that managed to survive also thrived, mutating over the course of centuries into hideous beasts,
    including the horned trogwhale, the spine dragons (popularized in the holoseries of Corwyn Antilles)
    and the huge tuskbeasts.

A Kamino scientific research station on the coast Gluss'elta Sea has suddenly come under attack
    by the very animals it is studying.  
    Is this simply a new mutation in the local wildlife or is something (or someone) causing the changes?  
    The Pale Nikto, inhabitants of the coastal regions around the Gluss'elta Sea have been found
    trading strange Sith-looking relics for arms.  
    Whispers of the ancient Morgukai, renowned Nikto warriors with the skill to rival the Jedi and Sith,
    have been heard in spaceports and cantinas.

The Republic fears this is no coincidence.  

Senate leaders and the Jedi Council are working to assemble a special group to investigate Kintan......

Last edited by Chris on Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Empty Re: Episode 1 recap thread (working)

Post  Chris Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:13 am

THE FALL OF ORD MANTELL

Local warlords have banded together in secret to form the Mantellian Independence Coalition.  They have struck a crippling blow against the Republic and the fledgling democracy of Ord Mantell.

Under the banner of Warlord Soren, Fort Garnik was attacked on multiple fronts.  The Republic's FLAK guns in the surrounding hills were captured by small squads of mercenaries.  The main sensor\comm tower in Fort Garnik itself was overrun by Soren's forces.

With both the sensor\comm tower and the flak guns, Soren was able to cut off all communication to and from Fort Garnik.  The Republic was silenced and blinded in one swift stroke.  Soren's mercs used the flak guns to target any Republic spacecraft attempting to land or flee Fort Garnik. The MIC coordinated similar attacks across Ord Mantell.  Ord Mantell is now in the control of the Mantellian Independence Coalition!

The fighting has trapped a Kaminoian science ship, Dr. Helian's assistant Thana Rist and the Nikto crew on Ord Mantell.  The Republic task force assigned to go to Kintan and aid Dr. Helian is now also caught up in the Mantellian Civil War.

Holonet star Sharnralkin's heroic efforts to save a downed shuttle crew went viral before Ord Mantell lost all communication.  It was in the fact the last transmission to escape the blackout.  Overnight, Republic soldiers have limped into Sharn's triage.  A small group of displaced, injured and leaderless troops have gathered in docking bay Epsilon 10.

The heroes need to find a way past warlord Soren's blockade and get a message to the Republic, before they can continue on their journey to Kintan.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:27 am

Fighting for FLAK

The heroes storm the FLAK guns and defeat Soren's thugs that were guarding them. This clears a path for them and other Republic ships to flee Ord Mantell.

***explanation of how the party's actions affect the Galactic War on a larger scale***

the party basically had 3 options

1 - just make a run for it in their ship
    2 - take out a set of FLAK guns to clear a path for themselves and others
    3 - attack the command\control military installation on Ord Mantell, which would disable their whole AA capacity

each option was progressively more difficult, but each option also made a larger impact on others. the party chose option 2, which allowed innocents to flee the fighting and gave the Republic landing craft a window to land and bring in ground troops to 1 location, Fort Garnik. This meant that the Republic did not "win" or "lose" Ord Mantell, but they were able to keep it in play. Option 1 would have meant Ord Mantell fell to control of the Warlord Soren and option 3 would have given the Republic a clear victory on Ord Mantell.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:30 am

What is it, some kind of local trouble?

The party met a drunk lady named Jane who agreed to give them a ride back to Fort Garnik if they helped her get her son Del back from his father Bre'un.

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:36 am

The best laid plans of Rodians and men

Del's father, Bre'un turns out to be more than the party bargained for... a strong Force User

and his son Del proved to be a very powerful, if volitile Force User in his own right.

The party, through excellent roleplaying and negotiating actually managed to resolve a very tricky situation without resorting to combat.  A Gungle drug dealer, some thugs and family affairs were all handled well.  This is a 3 page thread worth reading!

https://lodgestgaming.forumotion.com/t96-best-laid-plans-of-rodians-and-men

as a sample of the final scene

Chris wrote:***GM - Ok, I guess I am going to invoke the "Rob Rule"  Alan hasn't posted in about 48hrs and Rob in about 40 hrs.  Rakhu forfeits his action this round.  *****

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Face_s15

Bre’un nods his head, “I accept your terms, Gotal.”  The deep lines on his face visibly relax, “I know…. I know it must not have been easy to trust me.  I lost my sister to that Gungan and his drugs.  He cut her Spice (like he did with the Arcona’s salt) with something and it killed her.  You can just drop us on Dantooine if you are heading into the Core or any neutral world in the outer rim.”  

Bre’un addresses the Aqualish and Mon Cal, “Go close the blast doors and wait until the ship leaves.”  Bre’un flips the Mon Cal an archaic muzzle-loader pistol, “You are in charge now.”  The Mon Cal smiles and motions for the other 2 to follow.  The Aqualish and Talz give one final nod to Bre’un and then fall in behind the Mon Cal.  They head towards the blast doors.

Just then, the drunk mutha stumbles around the corner.  She takes a long slug from her rot-gut and smashes the bottle on the street.  She cocks her scattergun, “You low-down-lying-worthless-double-crossing-good-for-nothing-sacks of shit. (she spits)  You thinks I am just gonna let you fuks ole momma over and walz outta ‘ere with my boy and his cock-sucker father?  I told ya, Greenie, I would put a load ‘o buckshot in yer ass first!”  

She fires her scattergun towards Rakhu before anyone can react.  But the pellets seem to hit an invisible wall and drop to the ground.  “Get rid of her.”  Bre’un commands.  His former thugs make short blaster work of the drunk mutha who slumps dead on the hangar floor.

“MOTHER,  NOOOOOO!”  Delez cries out in anguish.  He clenches his fists tightly and all around the docking bay, work lights explode and the junk parts go flying off the loading carts.  He collapses in a heap, unconscious.

Bre’un lovingly scoops up his son in a cradle and silently carries him on board the ship.

After Bre’un leaves your presence, all effects of the fear drain from your bodies and minds.

****The encounter is over, we are out of initiative.****

The party is still standing in docking bay epsilon 12.  Thana and Sharn are on board, as are Bre'un and an unconscious Del.

Now that the fear is gone, the Nikto begin to gather their stuff and get on board.

Any other actions before you leave Ord Mantell?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:40 am

Send me on my way

In hyperspace, the party learns the backstory of Bre'un, his time at the Sith Academy on Korriban and his connection to Darth Tenebrous, the Master of Shadows

Chris wrote:**I got an email from Alan that he is just really busy, so since we are just wrapping things up here, I am going to go ahead and finish the chapter, so you guys can work on your characters over the weekend, if you want***

Chris wrote:
    Somewhere in the middle of the flight, after at least 6-8 hours, you find Bre’un sitting at the mess-hall table. He has a half empty bottle of Mantellian whiskey. He looks lost in thought.
    Episode 1 recap thread (working) Face_s16

Bre'un continues to drink his Mantellian whiskey and tells the story of his life with Jayne:

“We met on Korriban. We were both acolytes, training to become Sith."

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Korrib10

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Korrib11

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Korrib12

"The trials there are not like the Jedi. An entire class competes to become the apprentice of a single Sith Lord. By the end of the trials, only 1 acolyte survives. If the trials themselves don’t kill you, the remaining acolytes must fight each other. Jayne and I fell in love before our trials began, just during our training time.

She was different back then. Beautiful, full of life…. Not the way you saw her today. (actual Calamity Jane actress)

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Calami20

We helped each other with our training and then through the trials, at first, it was working out. But soon it was down to just us and a Pureblood Sith named Faun.

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Faun_s10

He was cruel and he was stronger than either of us in the Force. Our passion gave us strength, but if we killed Faun together…. Like I said, only 1 acolyte survives.”

Bre’un takes a long drink. “That’s when Jayne told me that was carrying a child, our child. Little Delez would have been born to the Sith. His only future was to train as an acolyte and hope to survive the trials.”

Bre’un sighs deeply, “So we came upon a plan. We staged our own deaths and escaped from Korriban. I have heard it is easier to escape from the prison-world of Belsavis, but we did it. We disappeared on Ord Mantell with my sister and Faun became Darth Tenebrous’ new apprentice. The Master of Shadows.... I don't know who ended up with a worse fate.”

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Shadow10

Bre’un takes another drink and continues his story, “Time passed and we…. Grew apart. I fell in with gangs and Jayne took to drink. That was no life for Del. Jayne wanted him to go to the Jedi for training. Ha! The Jedi would have expelled us both, just for falling in love. They are more lost than the Sith…. And they will lose this war. Passion does give you strength, it is not a failing to love. My love for Del gives me more power and peace than anything in the galaxy.”

Bre’un puts the bottle down, “I better go check on the boy. Just wake us when we reach.... whereever you are dropping us off.” Bre’un leaves the mess hall without a further word.

The party also understands the implications of their choices on Ord Mantell. They avoided a fight with the powerful Bre'un, but inadvertently may have set his son Del on a darker path than they intended

Chris wrote:after a few more hours of hypespace flight, the Mitochondria arrives at Nal Hutta. Thana decided (since no one else did) that this was the most direct drop-off spot, with the most space-ports.

Nal Hutta is a toxic wasteland of a planet that the Hutt Cartels call home. However, there are many space ports and ships leaving for all corners of the galaxy on a daily basis.

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Nal_hu10

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Nal_hu11

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Nal_hu12

Bre’un holds Del's hand as they walk out of their room. Del stares straight forward, his jaws clenched as if holding words back. Del stops at the top of the ramp. Bre'un tugs on his arm, as if to keep him moving. Del pulls his hand free and turns back to face the party. "My mother trusted you to help her." His eyes go cold, “I hate you, all of you" the last part said to his father.

Bre’un kneels down next to his son. He smiles lovingly at Del, “Good. Your hatred will make you powerful.”

Del and Bre’un walk down the ramp of the Mitochondria and into the dusty streets of Nal Hutta.

end of Chapter 1

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:41 am

Chapter 2 prologue

Chris wrote:
    THE LONG AWAITED JOURNEY

The occupation of Ord Mantell is behind them but it's specter still casts long shadows over the heroes.  Jayne's death tormented young Del and his suffering weighs on the group.  The dark and intimidating Bre'un walked off the ship in peace, but can he really be considered a friend?  Sharn and Daxx feel the splinter in their mind of the Morgukai Seer and his resurrected avenger, the Trandoshan.

The group must now turn its attention to Kintan, homeworld of the brutal Nikto.  Located within the Si'Klaata Cluster of Hutt Space,
    Kintan is a rugged world wracked by centuries of conflict and Nikto exploitation.  
    Once a pleasent blue-green globe, Kintan is now dominated by forbidding wastes,
    tectonic instability and nearly impassible mountain ranges.

Kintan is devoid of nearly all indigenous fauna.  Millennia ago, the star M'dweshuu went nova,
    flooding nearby Kintan with radiation.  Most indigenous life perished as a result.  
    Those that managed to survive also thrived, mutating over the course of centuries into hideous beasts,
    including the horned trogwhale, the spine dragons (popularized in the holoseries of Corwyn Antilles)
    and the huge tuskbeasts.

A Kamino scientific research station on the coast Gluss'elta Sea has suddenly come under attack
    by the very animals it is studying.  The Republic has sent the special task force to protect Dr. Aleksander Helian and secure the trust of the Kaminoain clone masters.  

The Pale Nikto, inhabitants of the coastal regions around the Gluss'elta Sea have been found
    trading strange Sith-looking relics for arms.

Together with Helian's assistant, the Twi'lek Thana, the heroes finally arrive on Kintan.  As they begin their descent into the ravaged atmosphere of Kintan, they receive a distress call from Dr. Helian himself.......

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:44 am

the party saves Dr. Helian and most of his crew from a Tuskbeast attack in the open deserts of Kintan

Chris wrote:Initiative Order:

Rakhu 24
    Daxx 14
    Dr. Helian 12
    Tuskbeasts 10
    Sharn 8
    Nikto crew 3

Daxx flies the ship into a hovering position near the sand ship. The party can see from the cockpit or gunnery station the following

A sand sailing ship appears to have a broken mast and has run aground on a series of dunes

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Desert10

You can see several Nikto crew (in black anti-rad suits) scurrying about trying to effect repairs and a couple that must have gone overboard.

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Nikto_12

One looks like he has already become lunch for a pair of tuskbeats

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Tuskbe11

Thana cries in excitement, "There is Dr. Helian, thank the stars, he is still alive!" You can see an older human in a black radiation suit who is more interested in trying to holo-record the attack than help with repairs or show any concern for his own safety.

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Dr_hel11

However, a strange Force Lightning storm appears in the desert, which empowers Daxx to have a powerful vision of the future

Chris wrote:
    whit10 wrote:I'll just try to keep the ship steady and do something that I haven't had a chance to do yet...
    Damn! I'm going to have to sacrifice a force point to use See Force on those crystals.
    See Force: full round
    Roll(1d20)+7:
    16,+7
    Total:23
    Since the immediate crystals were destroyed, there is no lightning at your current location. It is an "eye of the storm" so to speak, since the crystals are the conduit for the Force Lightning Storm. Daxx really doesn't need to keep the ship steady at the moment, though the "storm" has yet to act this round. You can make "reactionary" piloting checks when it is not your turn, but that is different than keeping the ship steady while Sharn hangs below to rescue people or Rakhu needs a steady platform to fire. Up to you, but it is probably not necessary.

See Force is really only for people, not objects.... however there really isn't any other ability to cover places or objects, so consider this a valid use of See Force from here forward. (I will write a House Rules amendment) It is an extension of this part of the skill description:

Episode 1 recap thread (working) See_fo10

Daxx reaches out with the Force to examine the currents and emanations from the crystals. Like an electric jolt, Daxx's senses are amplified and expand instantaneously..... Daxx sees a quick, flip-book flash of Helian, Sharn, T'son, Rakhu and the 1 nikto that had been caught outside....... slightly further out, he can sense a HUGE force using presence under the crystals, powering them...... his senses continue to expand on their own and Daxx sees the following images, as if in a quick strobe light, dance across his perception for less than a second:

The Sith Artifacts found being traded by the Pale Nikto on Ord Mantell, Daxx now recognizes the dark purple crystal, from below, set in the focus

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Crysta11

Somewhere farther out, buried under the surface of Kintan, a glowing ghostly figure....

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Ancien10

High above Daxx, somewhere in space above Kintan

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Darth_10

the party barely escapes a massive Spine Dragon attack

Chris wrote:
    whit10 wrote:

....and oh shit
    Yeah..... that might be an understatement. I hope you live long enough to use the insight you gained, young padawan. Since you didn't fly away when you had the chance.....

A massive Spine Dragon erupts out of the nearby crystal field. It looks like the image below, except that the large spines shown are in fact made from the same dark purple crystals you see in the sand. It appears to be very angry or perhaps just hungry?

It opens its maw as if to bite, but instead a glowing "tongue" lashes out at the relatively small ship.

In a blast of electrical energy, it smashes into Mitochondria

Roll(20d8)+0:
    4,8,7,4,6,2,2,8,7,6,5,1,6,6,8,3,6,1,3,8,+0
    Total:101

The ship takes another 91 dmg after DR. it has now taken 108 of 120 hull pts. You don't really want to know what happens when you run out of hull points. pale

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Spine_10

Let's have the pilot Daxx roll a d100 to determine which systems go down, per page 216. Let's hope it's not the engines No
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:51 am

Adaptive Biology

the party meets Dr. Helian and the Kaminoains

[/quote]
    Chris wrote:

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Helian11

Helian shoots Kai Sol a frustrated look at the interruption.  

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Dr_hel10

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Kamino10

Kai Sol makes a welcoming gesture with his long graceful arms, "Welcome Republic friends, come closer, you will find this most interesting.  This is a typical Whiptail."  Kai gestures to a corpse in the durasteel cage.  

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Gw2_de10

Kai Sol continues, "And this is one that the Nikto recovered after your daring rescue yesterday.  They were scavenging the Tuskbeast remains.  Notice how it is 23% larger, even though it is a younger specimen, as you can see it's tail nobs are not fully developed, this is an adolescent.  However also note how it has the some of the same purple crystals, much like the Spine Dragon?  At first we thought they were embedded in it's hide, but they are in fact, growing off the skin of the Whiptail, most remarkable!"

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Gw2_br10

Helian flashes Thana a smug grin, "You see?  I was right all these years!  The Force is actively altering the evolutionary path of the creatures on Kintan through these crystals."  Helian looks at the party directly for the first time, his voices rises to near fever pitches, "I was laughed out of Coruscant, but my theory is correct.  There is an intelligence to the Force.  The Force manifests in the material world through microscopic organisms that reside in all cells.  I need your help to uncover the connection between the crystals, the radiation from M'dweshuu and the accelerated evolution of the Spine Dragons, Tuskbeats, Whiptails....."

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Kamino11

Kai politely interrupts, "The Kamino Science Counsel is most interested in the Tuskbeasts for.... commercial applications.  Perhaps we should begin with the den the Nikto found?"

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Twilek11

Thana adds, "That was the den I found, remember doctor?  I told you there were some crystal formations in the cave.  Let me go with them, I can.... preserve any samples they find for you."

Dr. Helian is clearly annoyed with his assistant, "Fine, go with them."  He mutters something under his breath, it is hard to make out, but it sounded like, "maybe they will eat you and rid me of your stupidity."
    Ok, so to sum up.....

Sith agents at work
    Sith artifacts being spread by Nikto, possibly from a Sith Tomb or temple
    Creatures exhibiting overly-aggressive behavior, attacking the science base and now growing crystals
    Kaminoains (the Republic prize) are interested in the Tuskbeasts for commercial applications (read, selling them as clone monsters)

Thana hasn't had a chance to collect specimens of the Tuskbeasts yet, the combat has been on going until Rob's last post.  She has the tools and the knowledge.  She is not need a living specimen.

All blasters have stun settings and since no tranquilizers were asked for or given scratch  then you will have to use what you have.  Nobody said they wanted one alive.[/quote]

Sharnralkin the wookie puts the moves on the Twilek Thana

The party agrees to go with Thana to a cave and look for the Mutated Alpha Tuskbeast who may be the source of the force-sensitive, crystal covered mutant Tuskbeasts so Dr. Helian can study it.  

However, the heroes are ambushed by a group of young Mandalorians as they approach the canyon to search for the cave.  The party prevails and they capture a Duros techie named Talib who spills the beans about his boss Tarro Bloodwren, his ship, a Mandalorian Gunboat and his dreams of joining the Great Hunt.

Chris wrote:
    navyik wrote:"Easy sharn," playing good cop,"he wants to co-operate... dont'you?  Why don't you start from when you first met this mandalorian guy.  If you can give us good inflrmation you have nothing to fear."
    scratch you make a pretty scary "good cop" Mr. Beaman..... have you heard such lines somewhere before?? scratch

The Duros spills his guts like so much verbal diarrhea..... "Of course, of course, I want to help.  PLEASE don't smash my head, break my legs, break my arms.... my mind is all I have!"

quick points you take from the 10 minute confession:

Talib was working for Odaro, who is a Lt. of Zhu-jinn the Hutt, one of the top 3 Hutts on all of Nar Shadda (Hutt homeworld).  Talib mostly worked in the spaceport doing technical stuff, forging out-going cargo manifests, forging hyperdrive signatures, hacking corporate codes to open pirated goods, etc etc.  Basic underworld tech\computer stuff.

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Zhujin10

Zhu-jin, currently the #3 Hutt, is making a power play and one of his moves is trying to win the Mandalorian Great Hunt.  Each competitor needs a sponsor and the Hutts hold most of the sponsorship authority.  There is a HUGE amount of gambling and most importantly the prestige of having on retainer the Grand Champion of the Great Hunt (think Jabba's relationship with Boba Fett).

Tarro Bloodwren is Zhu-jinn's top bounty hunter and already a Mandalorian.  Tarro has always been a solo operator and an asshole, but Zhu-jinn commanded him to put together a team for the Great Hunt and Talib got the nod as the techie.  They have been out here hunting Tuskers for a week or so, killed some random Nikto, etc.  Talib is worthless with weapons, but Tarro insisted on a minimum of combat ability.

Talib doesn't know anything about a Sith and didn't see the conversation.  Talib has no clue who you guys are.

The Wrenvenge is hidden deeper in the canyon, beyond the Tusker den.  It is camouflaged and guarded by sensor operated autoguns, droids, mines and the other 3 "trainees".  Talib indicates the direction of Tarro's flight would be back towards the ship.

study anything else?

Last edited by Chris on Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:04 am; edited 1 time in total
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:03 am

The heroes entered the canyons, looking for the liar of the mutated Tuskbeasts and got ambushed by a hunting pack of the creatures.

The party survived
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:13 am

Darkness at the End of the Tunnel

the party sets up an elaborate ambush for the remaining Mandalorians and Tarro Bloodwren in the canyons.  unfortunately, a cloaked Mandalorian ship proves that Mandalorians are not so easily duped

Chris wrote:geez, nice rolls everyone!

T'son is scanning perimeter.... Daxx and Sharn are watching the body.... Rakhu is talking to the Duros in the tent (1 round of time).... when suddenly you all hear the loud hum of twin repulsor engines (which means no one is surprised) to the East and right above you!

Everyone looks up in time to see a mirage-like distortion field just before it reveals a decloaking Mandalorian Gunship hovering about 20m over the rim of the canyon.  

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Fork_i21

The side hatch is already open and the party can see a group of Mandalorians in the ship aiming their weapons down at the party

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Mandal29

Since they don't get a surprise round, they will take a moment for dialogue (you'll get a chance too)

One of the Mandalorians on the side says, "Tarro, they shot poor... uh.... what was his name?  I don't even remember now, har har"

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Red_ma12

Tarro replies, "Ned, wasn't it?  No matter.  The lesson here, men,  is not to reveal yourselves when you have a good ambush set up. They got cocky and thought they could kill me so easily.  Never underestimate your prey.  This will be a good warm-up for the Great Hunt.  Now it's time to collect our bounties from Darth Helix."

The party wins a great battle that lasted several pages.  Afterwards, they meet Tarro's father, who was training his arrogant son for the Great Hunt.  

Chris wrote:
    whit10 wrote:"Pardon my ignorance, but why would you give us your ship?"

The venerable Mandalorian turns a hard gaze upon the Jedi.

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Tywin-10

"I wouldn't expect you understand our ways, Jedi.  "Victori exuviae", to the victor goes the armor.  That is our tradition.  It was to be Tarro's ship for the Great Hunt" he says with obvious disgust in his voice, "or my son's.  I have no more use for a Gunship.  By Arez, may it destroy many Sith in your hands."

He explains that even the mighty Mandalorians are not safe from the evil of the Sith

Chris wrote:scratch no one is going to help poor ole Sharn?  wow, no love for the wookie

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Tywin-11

The Mandalorian rises to his feet slowly as he answers both questions, "I am Ionus Jerr, I was Armurator and Praeceptor to the last Mandalore, the true Mandalore.  I served him for over 3 decades, before the Shadow of the Sith infected us."  

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Shadow11

"The Sith known as Darth Tenebrous used his vile arts to gain sway over the current Mandalore, once the challanger."

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Mandal41

"I have no doubt that he clouded the mind of my master and wrought his defeat through sorcery and treachery.  That is not our way, but the way of the Sith.  We have always shared a common ideology with the Sith: the Strong should rule.  This is not strength, it is corruption from within.  Perhaps the time of the Mandalorian is truly at an end, if we no longer have the strength to govern ourselves.  Now Tenebrous threatens to pervert our most sacred event, The Great Hunt."

The Mandalorian nods towards Daxx, "A few Jedi Masters have always been targets in the final round of the Great Hunt, they are the deadliest prey.  But this year, all the targets will be Jedi.  The Sith cannot afford to strike directly against the Jedi, yet.  They will use the Mandalorians as pawns, masked in our rite, to destroy their enemies for them.  This is not strength.  This is not a test of a hunter's skill.  The Sith will destroy every principle that I gave my life to support."

The Mandalorian looks at Tarro, "That fool was my punishment.  I was Praeceptor, I trained the Mandalore's guards, not arrogant cockroaches like this.  That is why my son was part of his crew.  He lived by our code and he saw the chance to lead, as a real Mandalorian."  A faint smile crosses his aged face, "He almost turned the battle on you today, he fought well and died a good death, a warrior's death, at the hands of worthy opponents."

"I had hoped he would recognize Tarro as the imbecile he was and take command during the Great Hunt.  He could have donned the Red Armor and continued the hunt.  No one knows the face behind the mask."  He glances at Rakhu (his son's killer), "A truly skilled tracker could win the Great Hunt and receive an audience with Mandalore the Pretender and his master, the Sith Shadow."

He looks down at his son's body, "That dream of revenge is now gone..... "

the Mandalorian elder tells the party about how to enter the Great Hunt, if they so choose

Chris wrote:
    Episode 1 recap thread (working) Tywin-11

Ionus Jerr raises an eyebrow and cracks a thin smile, "A hunter needs sponsorship to enter the Great Hunt.  Here is the holocrom from Zhu-jinn the Hutt granting his sponsorship to Tarro.  Zhu-jinn is the 3rd most powerful Hutt in the Cartel and looking to move up.  He has met Tarro, but has never seen the man behind the mask.   IF someone was interested in entering the Great Hunt, they would be wise to pay their sponsor a courtesy visit.  Tarro would have taken the opportunity to brag.  He would not have asked for help, but he would have accepted any gift the Hutt offered.  If "Tarro" were to enter the Great Hunt, I have been commanded by the Pretender to act as his mentor.  I have a long standing relationship with Zhu-jinn and I will be retiring to the hospitality of his palace on Nal Hutta."

Ionus turns to begin funeral rites on his son.  Before he does he nods towards the Gunship, "The keys are in her.  Mind the cloaking shield, it drains the hyper drive's power quickly.  Her name isn't the Wrenvenge, so choose one that fits your purpose."

the party loot now includes a cloaking Mandalorian gunship and Rakhu inherited Tarro's Red armor cheers
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:15 am

The party makes its way into the caves of the Tuskbeast and find something unexpected in a massive underground crystal geode

Chris wrote:
    navyik wrote:Rakhu gestures toward where they pointed, sand begins to lead.

thank you!

The heroes reach the area that Irwin found, where the statues and buildings begin.

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Sith_t11

Rakhu leads the party around the bend and halts at the sheer grandeur of what he sees. All of this has been built by hauling rock into a massive crystal Geode, buried deep under Kintan.

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Sith_t15

At the center of the Geode is a magnificent Temple in the style of the ancient Sith Tombs. Along the main rout to the Temple, there are statues, some 50ft high, lining the promenade.

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Sith_t16

There are literally thousands of enslaved Nikto down here, working and building. There are no visible guards or slave masters and non of the Nikto are armed.

Everyone with Force abilities can feel a strong Force presence emanating from the Temple. Everyone feels an intense curiosity about the Temple, in fact, you are drawn to it.

Everyone needs to make a Will save.

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:16 am

the party finds an ancient sith temple, some old adversaries and the ghost of Marcus Ragnar

Chris wrote:The heroes make their way across what appears to be an agora area, if this were a village. There are buildings going up on both sides, along with a plaza full of 50ft tall statues of warriors and hooded figures, all with their heads bowed.

Episode 1 recap thread (working) The-da10

An uneasiness fills the heroes as they see some familiar, yet unexpected faces standing near the entrance to the Temple.

Daxx recognizes the Dark Nikto Seer that he first sensed watching him on Ord Mantell

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Nikto_11

This is the same Nikto Seer that Daxx and Sharn shared the vision of, as they were leaving Ord Mantell. And there across the temple entrance is the resurrected Trandoshan, who seems to remember Sharn throwing him off a cliff to his near-death. The Trandoshan is clearly excited to see Sharn and restore his standing with his primitive god, the Scorekeeper.

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Trando10

A ghostly image appears in the entrance to the temple, flanked by the Nikto Seer and the Trandoshan. A haunting voice fills the geode chamber and echos off the surrounding crystals. "At last.... after 5000 years..... I will be free! Ahhh..... Good...... I sense many strong..... hosts. The galaxy will once again tremble at the name of Markus Ragnar!"

Daxx and the rest snap back to their senses as you all realize the source of Daxx's vision, upon first reaching Kintan.

Chris wrote:
    Daxx reaches out with the Force to examine the currents and emanations from the crystals. Like an electric jolt, Daxx's senses are amplified and expand instantaneously..... Daxx sees a quick, flip-book flash of Helian, Sharn, T'son, Rakhu and the 1 nikto that had been caught outside....... slightly further out, he can sense a HUGE force using presence under the crystals, powering them...... his senses continue to expand on their own and Daxx sees the following images, as if in a quick strobe light, dance across his perception for less than a second:

Somewhere farther out, buried under the surface of Kintan, a glowing ghostly figure....

The body of a massive, crystal covered Tuskbeast walks through the ghostly image of the long dead Sith Lord Markus Ragnar. It is apparent to the heroes that somehow, the Sith Ghost was able to inhabit the body of this Tuskbeast, though he clearly seeks a humanoid Force User. All but Rakhu feel a predator's gaze upon them, as if he is searching for the strongest connection to the Force.

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Armore10

I have a map ready at home, but this would be the time for INITIATIVE (and maybe a quick prayer for your souls). You are all free of any mind-influencing affects and able to act as you choose. Just to give you an idea, you stopped walking about at the second statue in the first picture, in the center of the statue-lined plaza.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:18 am

Daxx gets eaten by the giant Tuskbeast, but manages to cut his way out with his lightsaber

the party enters the ancient sith temple

Chris wrote:Daxx is outside with Thana, Sharn and Irwin

inside this room

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Sith_t18

are Rakhu, T'son, the stomped-on corpse and the ghost as follow

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Inside10

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:19 am

Daxx rips the very fabric of reality open

Chirs2 wrote:
    whit10 wrote:Ok... strike the damned beam, thing, whatever it is. lol

Daxx swings at the conduit of Force energy that was connecting the corpse of the long-dead Sith King Marcus Ragnar and the terrifying ghost that has been attempting to possess the party. The black-lightsaber again feels like it connects with something solid, yet subtle.

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Energy10

There is a massive explosion of Force energy as the link between the known universe and.... somewhere else is cut in half.

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Green-10

The Force energy coming through the open conduit bursts into this universe like an open fire hydrant. Unseen by the heroes, it rapidly expands throughout the crystal caves filling the crystals with it's energy

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Crysta10

The crystals in turn amplify the energy, as they have with the force-using party, and the Force energy erupts on a planetary scale

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Sdo_xc10

The heroes need to make a FORT save, you can double any bonus from Force Defense if you had activated that or if you have a crystal attuned for defense (save bonus).
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:19 am

Chirs2 wrote:Force energy not only floods the crystal caves, as described above, but the geyser of pure Force energy also fills each of your bodies, nearly to the point of overload.

nice bunch of saves! DC was 15. No one passes out due to energetic overload.

Nobody falls unconscious, instead your bodies are each filled with raw Force energy. It raises the vibration of your very souls to a higher level of existence. (Rakhu permanently gains the feat Force Sensitive)

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Spirit10

For a moment, the heroes transcend the material universe. You are all literally standing with one foot in the known world and one foot in the great beyond.

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Forceb10

You can see beyond the matrix of your minds. The see the relationship between the Force and all matter in the universe.

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Victor10
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:20 am

Chirs2 wrote:As that moment of transcendence passes, the heroes see a group of Force spirits gathered

Episode 1 recap thread (working) 447210

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Rahnvi10

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Swtor-10

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Forcew10

They are forming a semi circle around the spirit of Marcus Ragnar. He no longer appears as a gruesome spectre, but his power and connection to the Force is obvious

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Spirit11

He notices that the heroes can see into the realm of Force Spirits. He nods his head deeply towards the heroes, "Gratitude, young Forcewalkers. You have freed my spirit from eons of torment. This was not my tomb, it was my jail cell. I was imprisoned in that crystal, which blocked my connection to the Force by the Sith Lords of ages past. Yes, I was King of the Ancient Sith, but they turned on me and the other masters." He gestures towards the other Force Spirits assembled around him.

"You have become aware of the true nature of the Force, in a way that few Sith understand and the Jedi refuse to believe. This is not necromancy, it is not un-natural, nothing could be further from the truth. The Jedi deceive themselves with their dogma and the Sith would corrupt the truth to suite their passions. Both are lost to the true nature of the Force."

He gazes upwards and the heroes can follow his Farsight out into the galaxy.

Episode 1 recap thread (working) The-li10

"The Force is an energy plane, created by all living things. It surrounds the known universe, it penetrates the galaxy through Force-users and it binds reality together. "

His gaze returns to the heroes, "This is the Balance of the Force. Do you feel that there is both peace and freedom here?"
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:20 am

Chirs2 wrote:
    MAS wrote:
    Tson remains silent and alert.
    Perception -
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +11" :
    6 + 11 = 17

T'son, with his vastly heightened perception is aware of a strong Force presence descending from the atmosphere, towards the heroes. T'son is reminded of Daxx's vision upon first arriving on Kintan, when he saw this ship in orbit.

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Darth_10

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Spirit12

MAS wrote:(it does, but....we are living creatures, there is a purpose to the known world)

As if reading T'son's thoughts, "Of course there is. But what is that purpose? Even the most enlightened Force spirits do not know the answer to all sentient being's most basic question, 'Why are we here?' "

navyik wrote:Rakhu's head droops, and like a child mumbles, "sorry i kicked your head..."

"Apology accepted and I hope you all forgive my attempts to harm you. My spirit was twisted from nearly 4000 years of solitary confinement in my crystal prison. I was buried alive inside this massive geode, because the Ancient Sith discovered the crystal's properties to block the Force. Then something unexpected happened..... the Star M'dweshuu went nova and flooded the system with radiation. The radiation altered the molecular structure of the crystals. Instead of being insulators to the Force, they became amplifiers. I was able to project through them, which caused them to grow and spread, and control the creatures that came near me. Unfortunately, my spirit was so tormented by the centuries of solitude, I spread my anger and resentment to the surviving animals of Kintan."

(from the very first prologue in June)
    Chris wrote:

Kintan is devoid of nearly all indigenous fauna. Millennia ago, the star M'dweshuu went nova,
    flooding nearby Kintan with radiation. Most indigenous life perished as a result.
    and the huge tuskbeasts.

cheers The party has discovered the source of the mutated and aggressive creatures on Kintan cheers

whit10 wrote:to the ghost, "yeah, sure, feels real peaceful and free"
    Daxx thinks to himself, ( somehow, I doubt the Jedi council is going to be happy about this)

"Good, you feel it, perhaps there is hope for the Jedi now." As if reading Daxx's thoughts, "But you are correct, the Jedi will not welcome this news. Their strict adherence to an ancient code has always blinded them to the truth. They are so afraid of losing control of their thoughts and their emotions, they have missed out on the true nature of the Force. Do the Jedi not teach that Fear leads to the Dark side? And yet, all their teachings are centered around their FEAR of emotions, FEAR of freedom. They strive towards peace, which is noble and good. But their peace is a lie, it is a deception they inflict upon themselves."

The other masters nod silently in agreement.

Marcus Ragnar continues, "The Sith are equally blinded by their passions. They are right to seek a free expression of the Force. The Sith are like adolescents, they think only of their desires and passions. They have missed the tranquility which is essential to enlightenment."

Marcus Ragnar shakes his head, "This is why the other masters and I attempted to bring enlightenment to the galaxy, nearly 4000 years ago. Both Sith and Jedi resisted our teachings, resisted the inevitable change that is part of all life. Both need to be erased, so that a new order can take their place. Like a fire through an ancient forest, the old ways will burn away and make room for new growth."

"Will you help us complete our mission to bring enlightenment to the galaxy?"
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:21 am

the party refused to help the ghost of Marcus Ragnar take over the galaxy and have unintentionally released the Dread Masters from their ancient prison

Chirs2 wrote:Episode 1 recap thread (working) Spirit13

"Idealistic young fools.  Look at the state of the universe, it is the same as it was 4000 years ago, full of stagnation and corruption.  Leading by example has always been a failed experiment.  People are weak willed and easily manipulated.  They tend to follow the path of least resistance and greatest personal gain.  The examples they follow are of greedy politicians and vain performers."

The other masters nod in silent agreement.

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Forcew11

Marcus Ragnar continues, "Humanity must be shocked out of it's complacency!  We were known as the Dread Masters in ages past.  We are a collection of Sith and Jedi masters.  We are the Catalyst of change.  Humanity will either awaken and unite to oppose us or we will burn the galaxy to ashes, so that it may be rebuilt with our guidance."

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Sith-l10

The Force spirits of the masters step through the rift in the veil and into the material world, joining the heroes in the temple.  The heroes can now see that the not only has the top of the temple been blown off, by the massive Force energy explosion from a few moments ago, but a massive hole has been blown into the roof of the geode itself.  The heroes can faintly see the stars above.

"Young Forcewalkers, you pierced the veil with no knowledge of what lay on the other side.  You are battered and weak.  Your bodies will be possessed and your minds destroyed.  The Dread Masters have returned!"

Last edited by Chris on Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:41 am; edited 1 time in total
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:22 am

Darth Tenebrous finally reveals herself as their long-trusted guide (and sexual partner of Sharn) Thana

Chirs2 wrote:Episode 1 recap thread (working) Twilek10

Thana calls out, "I can stop you!"

From the darkest corners of the temple, shadows swirl around Thana until the heroes see Darth Tenebrous, master of shadows, standing among you.

the heroes are reminded of Bre'un's tale and Daxx seeing Darth Tenebrous' ship in orbit, now presumably with Faun on board

Chris wrote:
    Bre’un sighs deeply, “So we came upon a plan.  We staged our own deaths and escaped from Korriban.  I have heard it is easier to escape from the prison-world of Belsavis, but we did it.  We disappeared on Ord Mantell with my sister and Faun became Darth Tenebrous’ new apprentice.  The Master of Shadows.... I don't know who ended up with a worse fate.”

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Shadow10

Darth Tenebrous: "I am a Forcewalker, like my master before me.  Everything that has transpired here has done so according to my design.  I discovered the resting place of Marcus Ragnar.  I turned the reknowned Republic scientist Dr. Helian to the Dark Side.  I pretended to be his young assistant and called out to aid from the Republic.  
    I hired the Mandalorians to capture Nikto for my slave army.  I taught the Nikto to create Sith artifacts from the crystals and spread them to lure the Jedi here.  I ordered the construction of this temple."

The Nikto masses drop to their knees as they bear witness to their true master.  

"The Sith would not have permitted my actions, for I will become more powerful than the Emporer himself.  So I had to gain aid from the Republic in secret.  I guided these young heroes to this moment..... all to lure you out.  The Dread Masters couldn't resist the chance to possess the bodies of 5 strong hosts, most of us already trained as Force Users.  As long as you remained behind the veil, I was no threat to you.  But now you have crossed over, thinking only of the easy bait in front of you.  Desperate for a body to once again walk the universe, you fell into my trap.  Here I am stronger.  I reserved my own power, letting my pawns exhaust themselves on Marcus Ragnar.  Now, witness the power of a fully trained Sith Lord.  I will bind ALL of your spirits to me.  Your power will serve my will!"

(to the party, in Thana's voice)  "I will protect you, if you swear allegiance to me.  Join me and I will complete your training as Forcewalkers and Sith.  Refuse me and this temple will be your tomb.  You will have served your purpose well."

Last edited by Chris on Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:23 am

Chirs2 wrote:Just like with Marcus Ragnar, the other Dread Masters will take a full round to enter the material world from the realm of Force Spirits. They are actively passing through the rift in the veil and this is a full round action for them.

Ragnar is already here.

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Swtor_10

The previous image is what the Force spirits will look like when they are manifest, sorry for any confusion.

Darth Tenebrous had readied an unknown action, which she is now using as an interrupt on Marcus Ragnar's attempt to possess her. The other Dread Masters are each eyeballing one of the party memebers.

Darth Tenebrous calls upon years of training in the ancient Sith art of Forcewalking and attempts to BIND the spirit of Marcus Ragnar to her. This is like the opposite of possession, the living being controls the spirit, instead of the spirit controlling the living being. It puts the spirit into a constant state of agony and feeds off that energy. The binder can use the Force spirit's vitality to power Force abilities and even use it's stored Force points, if it has any.

study lots of dice rolling study

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Thana110

Dark purple energy swirls around Darth Tenebrous. It is as if all the warmth is sucked out of the air around the heroes. A soul-chilling scream is heard from the spirit of the long-dead Sith King Marcus Ragnar as his spirit is bound to Darth Tenebrous' will.

The heroes can see Marcus Ragnar's image among the shadows that dance around Darth Tenebrous, as if he is trapped in her dark aura.

Rakhu is up
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:24 am

the heroes earlier display of mercy pays off and they are rescued by their new friend Talib

Chirs2 wrote:cheers I love the wookie sunning himself with all the slave-Leias! definitely the wookie after life

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Mando_10

At the end of the round, the heroes can hear the roar of the engines from Thana's Grace as she descends through the open hole in the top of the geode.

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Duros10

Talib asks T'son through the comm, "Where do you want her? I can't land inside the temple, I can put her down just outside or hover above the temple."
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:24 am

while Darth Tenebrous and the Dread Masters are busy fighting each other, the party escapes

Chirs2 wrote:Darth Tenebrous holds her action until the Dread Masters finish manifesting

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Sith-l11

Once they are here, she unleashes the Force energy built up from BINDING Marcus Ragnar

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Thana310

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Swtor-11

She attempts to bind all the other Dread Masters and they are aggressively resisting her. Both sides seem occupied...... for the moment

Rakhu, T'son, Sharn and then Talib are all up
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:26 am

the party collapses the ancient temple on Darth Tenebrous and the Dread Masters, hopefully, trapping them forever

Chirs2 wrote:Episode 1 recap thread (working) Elgin_10

Rakhu unleashes hell on the Sith Temple! Missiles from Thana's Grace devastate the already-weakened structure. Temple stones fly in every direction and the bulk of the building collapses on itself. Unfortunately, hundreds or perhaps thousands of Nikto who were inside the temple and immediately around it are also killed in the destruction.

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Thana210

Darth Tenebrous looks up for a moment as the world comes crashing down on her. She is in the midst of binding the other Sith Ghosts (manifested spirits). Force-charged illusionary rubble strikes her.

study dice rolling

The last thing Daxx sees through his illusions is Darth Tenebrous standing still, as if unable to move as the massive central statue from the temple smashes her.

Queue the Star Wars theme song!

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:27 am

Episode 1 conclusion

as the party tries to leave Kintan

Chirs2 wrote:
    whit10 wrote:"only way to be sure" Smile

Daxx will take over flying from Talib as soon as he can. Once we have made it away, he'll contact his Jedi Master.

as if on queue......

When Daxx assumes the pilot's chair, he immediately sees a Republic Hammerhead Cruiser come out of hyperspace in the skies above Kintan.

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Valian10

A familiar image addresses the ship, "Unidentified Mandalorian Gunboat, this is Jedi Master Duros Kunn of the Republic Cruiser, Valiant. Please reply."

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Master10
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:28 am

Chirs2 wrote:Episode 1 recap thread (working) Master10

"Thank the Force you are alive, my young padawan. I sensed a great disturbance in the Force all the way on Ord Mantell. The other Jedi there also sensed it. It was like a beacon in the night sky. I used my Farsight and I saw you at the center of the disturbance..... did you cause it?"

Daxx can sense about a dozen other Jedi, mostly knights (stronger than Daxx, weaker than Duros) with Master Duros on board the Valiant.

Duros interjects, before Daxx can even reply, "Wait! Don't tell me now. You need to get back to Coruscant and report to Grandmaster Satele Shan. I am sensing a lot of incoming Force users. The situation here is about to become more.... interesting. Tell your story to GM Shan, her wisdom will guide us all. May the Force be with you."

The proximity alarms on board Thana's Grace begin to go wild. On sensors and out of the cockpit window, the heroes see ships dropping out of hyper-space all around Kintan. There are starfighters, freighters, cruisers and even Republic Dreadnaughts and Sith Destroyers.

Within moments the space above Kintan erupts in a dazzling display of red and green ribbons. The Republic and Sith forces quickly become engaged in a full scale space battle, with more ships arriving on both sides.

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Swtor-12

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Master10

Duros shouts, "Run Daxx, run!"
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:28 am

the Heroes arrive on Tython, ancient homeworld of the Jedi

Chirs2 wrote:After a short jaunt through hyperspace (long enough for Rakhu to get into his new Red Armor) Thana's Grace drops back into space around the planet Tython. Tython is the ancient homeworld of the Jedi Order. The party can see several Republic Cruisers in orbit.

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Swtor_11

Daxx's receives coordinates to land at the ancient Jedi Temple's landing ports.

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Master11

Waiting for the party on the dock is Ashara Zavros, Grand Master Satele Shan's apprentice. Ashara is rumored to be even more naturally gifted in the Force than her mentor GM Shan.

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Ashara10

"Welcome to Tython, honored heroes." Ashara bows deeply. "Master Shan sent me to escort you the command center inside the temple. The battle of Kintan is still going and she is needed there. If we hurry, we might catch the end of the conflict. This way, please."

Ashara leads the heroes to speeder. Ashara quickly pilots the party through the idyllic countryside of Tython.

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Tython10

As you travel, Ashara gives you all a brief history of Tython. Most notable is that you are going to the very first Jedi Temple ever constructed. It is old, but still standing after untold thousands of years. It is even rumored that at the summit of the nearby Mt. Taishan, the first lightsaber was assembled.

The heroes arrive at the ancient Jedi Temple.

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Jedi_t10

The party ascends the grand staircase inside the Jedi Temple

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Tython11

You enter the chamber of the Jedi Council. All the assembled masters are coordinating the space battle, as seen on a large holo. Also present are Spymaster Ash Falcata and General Nadine.

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Tython12
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:29 am

Chirs2 wrote:Ashara leads the heroes into the chamber.

Grand Master Satele Shan is deep in meditation and telepathic communication with the fleet.

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Swtor_12

The heroes see the final moments of an epic space battle. The attending masters cheer as the remnants of the Republic Fleet can be seen driving off the superior numbers of the Imperial Destroyers. It is unclear at first how the Republic ships managed to gain a superior position, behind the Imperials.

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Swotor10

Then Daxx notices a formation of Hammerhead class cruisers that had drawn all of the Imperial fire and attention. Daxx feels a sinking in his heart as he watches the Valiant break in two at mid-stern. The pieces get caught in Kintan's gravity well and plummet to the surface as brilliant as a two falling stars. As the Valiant falls, the other illusionary Hammerhead cruisers fade away.

Daxx alone hears a faint whisper, "Daxx, the Force will guide you, always."

The rest of the Jedi Masters breath a sigh of relief as the battle ends. Crew and damage reports begin streaming in from the surviving warships.

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Satele10

Grand Master Satele Shan ends her meditation. When her eyes open, she is staring at Daxx, tears streaming down her cheeks. The other masters suddenly notice and grow quiet. The celebration ends quickly. The Battle of Kintan is forever remembered as Kunn's Gambit throughout the Republic, in honor of the late Jedi Master Duros Kunn's sacrifice.

Grand Master Satele Shan asks for a full report of your activities on Kintan. Ash Falcata and Major Madine join the Jedi Council to listen to your account.

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Jedis10

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Jedico10
    Episode 1 recap thread (working) Bothan10

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Madine10

study If each of you want to give an 'in character' account, feel free to, or not, it's up to you. The main thing I need to know is whether you give a full and detailed account or if you omit anything. Assume you can trust the assembled group, as each of you are reporting to your superiors.

Except Sharn, who really has no direct position in the Republic. Irwin does have a video account of almost everything. There are several minutes of static near the end, which correspond to the "Awaking" all the heroes experienced inside the temple. The footage picks up again with Irwin grabbing the rifle and flying up to Thana's Grace.

There is no evidence of the Dread Masters, except for the earlier manifestation of the ghost of Marcus Ragnar, before Daxx severed the Force conduit and ripped the fabric of the universe.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:29 am

Chirs2 wrote:
    MAS wrote:Full, objective report.
    Except Tson does not admit to using/ take credit for any Force powers.

good to know about the Force powers

Grandmast Satele Shan and the others listen intently to the full report. There are mixed reactions of horror and disbelief at the accounts of the Dread Masters and Force Ghosts. (remember, the Jedi don't teach this and view it as unnatural).

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Satele11

GM Shan addresses the heroes, "On behalf of the Jedi and the Republic, l sincerely thank you for your service. None of us expected you to uncover such a deep and troubling sequence of events when we sent you to Kintan. You have all performed a Hero's duty and deserve recognition."

"Daxx Taynari, kneel young padawan." Daxx takes a knee, in the custom of the Jedi before the Grand Master and the Jedi Council. GM Shan ignites her lightsaber and carefully cuts off Daxx's Padawan Braid. "Arise, Knight of the Republic."

Daxx rises on steady feet. GM Shan continues, "Daxx has surpassed any Jedi trial here on Tython. Daxx succeeded at his mission to uncover the source of the Sith Artifacts originating on Kintan. Daxx has shown both exceptional prowess in combat and a keen sense of the Force, following the clues to this disturbing mystery. Daxx, you are welcome to receive training as either a Sentinel (Jedi Wpn Master prestige class) or as an Investigator (Jedi Investigator Prestige class)."

Satele's tone turns somber, "We all feel the loss of Master Duros, who's wisdom guided this young padawan to Knighthood. Daxx, you are free to choose a padawan from the ranks of younglings, if you wish."

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Madine11

General Madine calls out in a firm, military voice, "Sargent N'butu, step forward."

Rakhu snaps to attention, wiping a piece of recently-picked ear wax on his jacket as he approaches the general.

Madine continues, "Sgt. N'butu, you successfully discovered the source of the mutations and aggressive behavior of the wildlife on Kintan. We never suspected such an usual and unnatural source for the changes. You have gone above and beyond your rank in providing exemplary service to ROX and the Republic. You are hereby granted the rank of Commander (Officer Prestige class) and are welcome in the ranks of the Republic's elite special forces, HAVOC squad (Elite Trooper prestige class)."

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Bothan11

The Bothan Spymaster, Ash Falcata uncomfortably takes the spotlight. His fur ripples with pride when calls T'son.

"T'son Hoil, stand and be recognized. Agent Hoil, you successfully uncovered the Sith agents who infiltrated the Republic Science Bureau. Observe...."

A holo image appears behind him and the heroes can see Dr. Helian being lead onto a shuttle in binders. Republic agents can be seen carrying off all the data and computers containing Helian's research. The Kaminoains look generally relieved to have Helian's (Tenebrous') plot revealed. They are grateful to the Republic and offer to join the Republic Science Bureau as honorary members. (they still won't join the Republic as a planet)

Ash continues, "Agent Hoil, you have proven your worth and are welcome among the Bothans as a Spymaster (Spymaster or other Prestige class)."

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Satele11

GM Shan adds, "As a group, you succeeded at every level of your mission. The galaxy is safer when the Kaminoains think of the Republic as their friends."

"Sharnralkin, step forward. You alone are not a soldier, an agent or Jedi. As a citizen of the Republic, you made potentially the ultimate sacrifice of in the name of Democracy. You willingly joined a military operation as a civilian. Your bravery and dedication to freedom is without question. I have no ranks or titles to give you. But know that you have the thanks of a grateful Republic. If there is anything within my power that I can do for you, just ask and it will heard with open ears."

To all the heroes, "Take a well earned rest here on Tython. This world is the original home to the Jedi. You will find peace here. Let it restore your tired spirits. When you are ready, come back to the council so we can discuss your next quest. Your unique skills and ability will always be needed. Kunn's Gambit was the first open conflict with the Sith Empire in nearly 40 years. The cold war has ended. The Republic will need all the heroes it has. War has begun."

Grand Master Satele Shan seems fatigued by the very words. The ceremony has ended. The heroes are free to relax and recover on Tython.

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:30 am

Chirs2 wrote:Episode 1 recap thread (working) Tython13

Sharn finds himself alone in the forest surrounding the Jedi Temple. Sharn contemplates his future. Rage fills his heart and he is tempted to fuel that fire (Dark Side Marauder Prestige class). Sharn also remembers GM Shan's words and wonders if the Jedi would truly train him as one of their own.

Sharn feels a presence and looks up to see the spirits of his ancestors.

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Family10

They speak in a calm voice, "Sharnralkin, we heard your call. Your ancestor are always with you. We will guide you......" They fade away.

Sharn hears a rustling in the trees and sees a venerable Wookie emerge from the foilage.

Episode 1 recap thread (working) Wookei10

He speaks in a deep and calm voice, "I am Attichitcuk. I have seen you from across the stars. You are stronger for over coming that great evil on your own and with your allies. Faith in your friends is essential in this time of war. I cannot aid you in battle, but I can teach you and prepare you for whatever obstacles you might face."

Attichitcuk can teach you the Prestige classes of Wookie Force Hunter or Living Force Ranger (or some other similar class\combo) if you want to keep Sharn and not go Jedi or Dark Side.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:38 am

Current year is 3640 BBY, which is 3 years after the events of our Episode 1

update on what's happening to follow, but basically it has been 3 bloody years of full-scale open war between the Sith Empire and the Republic

**** the events of Episode 1 altered the Star Wars timeline from what happened in the canon lore.  the future of the Old Republic is forever changed because the party released the Dread Masters on the universe.  the Jedi have become painfully aware of Force Ghosts much sooner - remember Qui'gonn Jinn was the first Jedi Force Ghost to commune with a living Jedi, Yoda and Anakin in episodes 2 & 3.  We are now out of the previously existing timeline and playing in an undiscovered country of SW lore.  ****

I know some folks were considering new characters for Episode 2.  It doesn't matter to me as this Episode will be entirely a sandbox style game - directed by the player's decisions, no GM plot line as I will follow your choices.  New or existing characters are fine.  I will, over the next few weeks\months, get the Shadowrun stuff on the forum, so you can see how everything translates.  

I will get more specifics of what has been happening as people start thinking about what characters they want to play.  Existing characters will have to decide what they have been doing for 3 years and new characters should build some kind of timeline for themselves and their involvement (or not) in the GGWII or Second Great Galactic War, as it has come to be known.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:54 am

I have started a thread for SW -> PF conversion questions, so post there, not here.  we can talk about stuff together and that way everyone hears the same things

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:24 am