Dropbox - http://www.dropbox.com/

Open Office - http://www.openoffice.org/

2 posters

1.2: The West Door

Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    1.2: The West Door Left_bar_bleue0/01.2: The West Door Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

1.2: The West Door Empty 1.2: The West Door

Post  Robyo Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:36 pm

Alone in the VR lounge and still trying to comprehend what had just transpired, Nico notices a message light on his datapad. Don Mufasa is calling him.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    1.2: The West Door Left_bar_bleue35/351.2: The West Door Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

1.2: The West Door Empty Re: 1.2: The West Door

Post  Chris Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:05 am

Robyo wrote:Alone in the VR lounge and still trying to comprehend what had just transpired, Nico notices a message light on his datapad. Don Mufasa is calling him.

This frakkin asshole.... can't I get a moment's peace to do my job?  And he wonders why I want off this rock and out from under his fat thumb.....

Nico will take a moment and collect himself.  Nico notes leads from the encounter

E-corp
    I will have to check them out, what's their connection here?

Catwalk
    Seems like there is more to this story then Mufucka let on.....  I wonder why he is so scared of this data..... could be leverage on him......

Nerdimus Prime
    hehe.... now that was fun

Kaan jacked out to Styx
    gotta ask about that too......

Nico will answer the call from Don Mufasa
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:27 pm

A visual on the screen appears of Don Mufasa seated on his throne, er, chair. A lit cigarette rests in the crook of his finger. He looks nonplussed.

1.2: The West Door Michael_Corleone_by_donvito62

"What's the status on our... situation?" the don asks looking away from the camera.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    1.2: The West Door Left_bar_bleue35/351.2: The West Door Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:05 am

Robyo wrote:
    "What's the status on our... situation?" the don asks looking away from the camera.

Are you frakkin kidding me? How does this armchair-thespian expect me to do my job if he keeps calling every 10 minutes....

"With all due respect, Don Mufasa, I can't do my job if you are calling every 15 minutes asking for an update. The situation is more complicated than you told me, but you already knew that. I have a job to finish.... If you will excuse me?"
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:02 pm

"Ah, erm, uh..." The don seems unused to being talked to so directly (by a subordinate). He takes a long drag on his cig and exhales slowly. "Yes, complications have... arisen. I admit, a number of parties have developed interest in obtaining the stolen data.

Some of those parties include Entropik Corporation and a mysterious cult known as the Brotherhood of Acheron.

The Five Families (oligarchs of the Black Sun Cartel) are less interested in the actual data itself. If you can retrieve it, fine, but they insist the trail of it must disappear. Completely. The woman must be silenced. You are instructed to continue your mission as before. However, if you determine that someone else has obtained the data, they also must be tracked down and dealt with.

You will be compensated for any additional work that you do. I'm wiring 50,000 credits (500 gp) into your account. Use it as needed to complete your mission.

Do you have any questions?"

He takes another long drag.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:29 am

Thank the Matrix he bought that!  Although.... that must mean that this data is REALLY important to him and he doesn't have any other options.... interesting.  At least when I go off-world, I won't be running for my life from the Pater-Cinco Familias

"Thank you for your generosity, Don Mufasa."  Nico bows his head.  

"I encountered both E-corp and I believe the BoA in the Matrix; it was a 3-way scrum.  The target was de-rezzed before I could make contact, but I saw an E-corper with a data-sphere, presumably from her.  He was killed by 2 others, who took the data.  They jacked out before I could retrieve it.  I tracked their log-out record to Styx, but the trail was wiped as fast as I could it.  The BoA, if it was them, are off-world and know their way around the net."

Nico's eyes dart back and forth as he thinks on his feet.

"My guess is that was just the initial meeting, the sales pitch.  She probably only brought a small sample of the data, to prove it's value.  I will continue to focus on her and then backtrack to the BoA.  Permission to go off-world if needed?"
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:55 am

"It is troubling to hear that E-corp has obtained the data. Find out what they know. Report back to me daily. Use this secure channel. And if you need assistance, contact the West Door."

The West Door is the hub of the underworld. Anything can be found there, if you know how to ask.

The don continues, "Nico my friend, you have permission to leave Earth. If it comes down to it, I can acquisition a long-range craft for your needs.

I look forward to our next conversation."

His image blinks out.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:13 am

Nico will send an encrypted message to Manny, "Trouble with the Brotherhood of Acheron's operations on Styx. I may need your help, see what you can find for me."

GM - what is this West Door and how would Nico find it? is it a place in the Matrix or a physical place?
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:36 am

Chris wrote:GM - what is this West Door and how would Nico find it?  is it a place in the Matrix or a physical place?

The West Door can be accessed just about anywhere, either on Prime or in the matrix. You ask someone who is (locally) knowledgeable about where to find it. Using Thieves Cant certainly helps when asking.

The West Door supersedes any particular local Thieves Guild in both products and services. All contraband products and illegal services can be brokered here. Several guilds usually operate in tandem to keep the hub open.

It is generally known that the West Door leads to the criminal underworld. Lesser known is it also leads to vaults of esoteric and occult knowledge. Just about any information that is suppressed can be found here, allowing for a variable time/price range.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:17 pm

Seems like something Nico would already know how to find?

If not, Nico would ask an associate in the Black Sun Cartel first. Not sure where\how?
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:28 pm

What are you looking for exactly? Nico has connections to find stuff locally.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:33 pm

The West Door, local contact, not matrix
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:48 pm

Right. I guess Nico could start with approaching a fixer he knows in French Quarter. A mutant named Kalyx.

1.2: The West Door 58c6fa5c6610e12e4f8f034a060ea735

At least that's a place to start, but I don't know what specifically you're looking for.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:12 am

Robyo wrote:Right. I guess Nico could start with approaching a fixer he knows in French Quarter. A mutant named Kalyx.

At least that's a place to start, but I don't know what specifically you're looking for.

Ok, I don't know what Nico is looking for either, since I am not really tracking the West Door idea.

But anyways... Nico will head to the Fr. Qtr. and look for Kalyx
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:02 am

Nico hails a taxi and heads over to his last known location of Kalyx's hideout. He gets dropped off on a seedy side of the historic district. The ride is 500 credits.

1.2: The West Door <a href=1.2: The West Door Kalyx_10" />

It is late afternoon. No one is about. Two police-marked land cruisers are parked out front.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:07 am

Nico will use his datapad to listen in on any police chatter as he heads towards Kalyx's place. Nico will approach casually but alertly.

***Today, there are websites that broadcast local EMS\Police scanner traffic. They are free and easily accessible. I use it for my job to track developing cases. Nico could use something like that combined with a localized radio frequency scanner (like a wifi network sniffer) to pick up any wireless\radio signals (all cell phones use 2-way radio signals) in the immediate area that are not on the police\ems channel.

Investigate roll

Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +4" :

17 + 4 = 21

Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:37 pm

Nico knows the French Quarter and has some renown there. But he's also been away for awhile, only recently returned. And careers and reputations can change quickly in the underworld.

Nico met Kalyx once, but only briefly at one of the don's mandatory parties. The master fixer was once called Maurice, but that was before he was made. He is always with his monkey. It's difficult to say if it's real or robotic.

I'm not gonna list every possible conversation that's happening on unsecured channels. Suffice to say, the nearest police chatter is at least a mile away.

That was a good roll too. On one channel, someone is describing Nico as he gets out of the cab and is operating his datapad. They describe him walking towards the warehouse complex.

Of the block of buildings (and using the earlier posted image as a guide), the main entryway is a steel door in the central building, located behind a steel gate. There is a buzzer on the gate. Many of the windows appear to be barricaded.

Next door, the building looks to be an old firehouse or garage. There is a garage door and side door, both closed and padlocked.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:32 pm

Robyo wrote:
    I'm not gonna list every possible conversation that's happening on unsecured channels. Suffice to say, the nearest police chatter is at least a mile away.

That was a good roll too. On one channel, someone is describing Nico as he gets out of the cab and is operating his datapad. They describe him walking towards the warehouse complex.

Of the block of buildings (and using the earlier posted image as a guide), the main entryway is a steel door in the central building, located behind a steel gate. There is a buzzer on the gate. Many of the windows appear to be barricaded.

Next door, the building looks to be an old firehouse or garage. There is a garage door and side door, both closed and padlocked.

Sure, just the relevant ones, thx!

Nico will walk past the black metal gate, as if following directions on his data pad.  Nico will stop under the "one way" sign at the corner, turning left and right, as if trying to figure out which way to go.  This action masks an attempt to locate his spotter.

Perception

6 + 4 = 10

Nico will walk up the street, past the fire hydrant, away from the front of the buildings.

Nico is trying to figure out where the person who is watching him is located.  For example, if they lose sight of him when he goes down the side of the building, or based on how they describe his movements, which way he turns, etc would give Nico an idea of their perspective on him.

Nico plans to duck into the alley behind the building.  There looks like a back alley on the far right side of the image

Stealth
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +8" :

16 + 8 = 24
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:29 pm

"Looks like our new arrival isn't sure where he's going. Tourist, probably."

"Roger that."

"Oh, now he's heading down Woodburn. I still got 'im on camera."

"Roger." (sounds bored). "You hungry? I didn't have lunch."

"Yeah, I got Darline's leftover's in the fridge."

"Figures. Guess I'll head out over to Tony's Pizza."

"Pick me up some cheese fries, will ya?"

"Thought you weren't hungry!"

"Hey cut the crap, you guys! Keep it professional on the mic."

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:41 am

I assume Nico was hearing this as it happened - great job, btw!  It's like the 2 Stormtroopers in the Death Star talking about the new T38 speeder as Kenobi slipped past them

Nico will slip behind the building as inserted in the text, if possible

Robyo wrote:"Looks like our new arrival isn't sure where he's going. Tourist, probably."

"Roger that."

"Oh, now he's heading down Woodburn. I still got 'im on camera."

"Roger." (sounds bored). "You hungry? I didn't have lunch."

"Yeah, I got Darline's leftover's in the fridge."

"Figures. Guess I'll head out over to Tony's Pizza."

Chris wrote:

Nico plans to duck into the alley behind the building.  There looks like a back alley on the far right side of the image

Stealth
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +8" :

16 + 8 = 24

"Pick me up some cheese fries, will ya?"

"Thought you weren't hungry!"

"Hey cut the crap, you guys! Keep it professional on the mic."

Anything Nico can tell about the 3 voices talking?

male\female
    accents
    location of Tony's pizza, relative to here

Perception or Investigation (same stats)

7 + 4 = 11
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:10 am

Nico slips into the alleyway behind the warehouse. It is afternoon light, so he sticks to the shadows.  There is a single rear door which appears to be locked.

[img]1.2: The West Door Wareho10[/img]

Concerning the conversation: The three voices (were slightly static) sounded male with local dialect. The last voice sounded like Kalyx.

A quick browse on the datapad reveals that Tony's Pizza is two blocks south on Woodburn Ave.

Perception check reveals (at least) one small camera on the side of the building, about 12 feet up.

Last edited by Robyo on Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:27 am

Perception check specifically for any cameras on the back of the building or in the back alley

7 + 4 = 11

If there are no cameras, Nico will attempt to use his thieves tools to pick the lock

Ok, I haven't used Tools yet, what Attribute goes with it?

Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +2" :

13 + 2 = 15

that is just his prof. bonus + whatever attribute, so another +2 (Int, Wis) or +4 (dex)

If Nico sees a camera, he won't pick the lock
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:06 am

There is a camera about 12 feet up.

In this case, Thieves Tools would use Dexterity modifier (it's a mechanical lock). If it was computerized/bio-metric lock, I'd probably go with Intelligence.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:24 am

Nico will check the radio frequency identification (RFID) used by Kalyx and his 2 guys on his datapad. Nico will set his signal to match and say, "I don't mean to interrupt your pizza party, but I need a word with Mr. Monkey"

Nico will step out of the shadows and look at the lens of the rear camera.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:24 pm

There is a pause. Then, "I think he's talking about you, boss."

"Harrison, shut your face already. Remind me to disintigrate your family in front of you," Kalyx responds dryly. "Okay, facial recognition software scan is complete. Nico, my friend, what can I do for ya?"
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:10 pm

Nico laughs and shakes his head, "Still not using an encrypted channel? Sorry for the shenanigans, but the 2 Interceptors out front made me cautious. I need a favor K and I am willing to buy the pizza."
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:38 pm

"Alright, let him in!"

A moment later, the door unlatches and opens inward. A thuggish man is standing in the doorway.

1.2: The West Door <a href=1.2: The West Door Dirty_10" />

The ganger steps aside, allowing Nico to enter.

Nico finds himself in a dimly lit corridor. Flickering florescents dangling from the ceiling bathe the scene in a sickly pale. Two more intimidating-looking men stand inside, ten feet beyond the threshold. They are armed, faces concealed in shadow.

The first door to Nico's left is wide open and looks to be a tool room. There is drill press, table saw, some other power tools, and work bench inside.

The man who opened the door gestures for Nico to follow him and go down the hallway. "I'm Dirty Harry. Come this way to see the boss. He told me a little about you. Said you're the best smuggler he's ever seen. So what are you doing stuck on Earth being a contract killer.?"
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:02 am

Robyo wrote:
    The man who opened the door gestures for Nico to follow him and go down the hallway. "I'm Dirty Harry. Come this way to see the boss. He told me a little about you. Said you're the best smuggler he's ever seen. So what are you doing stuck on Earth being a contract killer.?"

uh.... er..... well..... I keep asking myself that same question.....

"Just trying to keep my head, Harry."   not catching the archaic reference "You don't seem very dirty.  Ever consider changing your nic to Spiffy Harry or Shiny Harry?.... maybe Blingy Harry?"
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:34 pm

"Nah man, I'm Dirty, 'cause that's the way I fight. Boxing is what I did before I came to work here."

He leads Nico past another open doorway. It's a packed warehouse.

1.2: The West Door <a href=1.2: The West Door Art_wa10" />

On the other side of the hall, there is another doorway and Dirty Harry goes in. It's Kalyx's central lair.

1.2: The West Door <a href=1.2: The West Door Kalyx_11" />

The master fixer is standing behind the bar. He is playing cards with his monkey, who is seated across on a bar stool.

"Welcome to my pad, Nico," Kalyx says, looking up. "What makes you stop by? And would you like a drink? I've got all kinds of poison."
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:23 am

Nico nods to Dirty Harry, "Gotcha chum, just don't bite my ear off"

Nico admires the pad as he passes through.
    "I would love a drink, but I still might have to kill someone today." Nico pauses at the window looking out to the front, "I like your flat, except for the black & white lawn ornaments, they kind of clash. What's up with those 2?"
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:45 pm

"Ha!" Kalyx snorts. "You like those? We got them custom order. They're automated of course, and pack a few surprises. Keeps folks away that don't know what's up. The cops are cool with it, of course."

Dirty Harry excuses himself, but the boss ignores him. Then Kalyx tosses in his cards. The monkey climbs up on his shoulder and he crosses over to the couch, holding his drink and a remote. Plopping down on the cushions, he slowly takes a sip.

"You didn't come here wanting to talk about my sentinels, did you? And this isn't a pizza party. What brings the illustrious Nico to my back doorstep? A mission for Musafa, perhaps? But what...? Hmm, someone rubbed the don the wrong way. Well, it doesn't matter to me. But if you're on a job, then we are both busy men. So tell me what do you require?"

He takes another sip from his glass. The monkey is sitting on the couch next to him, staring quizzically at the assassin. Kalyx flips on the wall monitor with his remote control. "You're a new arrival so I'll give you the tour. There's cameras wired everywhere in this complex. You've already seen the warehouse. Here's the distillery."

An image pops up on the display.
    1.2: The West Door <a href=1.2: The West Door Beer_w10" />

"And here's the chop shop."
    1.2: The West Door <a href=1.2: The West Door Chop_s10" />

"But if you want weapons, we have those too."
    1.2: The West Door <a href=1.2: The West Door Milita10" />

"And then some."
    1.2: The West Door <a href=1.2: The West Door Armory10" />
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:28 am

"Impressive, most impressive. You have done well for yourself, Kal." Nico takes a seat. "I need to find someone for the Don. It's no secret that I want off world, but the Don can be.... persistent. I am looking for a hacker that uses the handle Catwalk and frankly, I need help."

Nico looks for any reaction from Kalyx, while deciding how much to share

Insight

12 + 4 = 16
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:25 pm

"A hacker, huh? They can be certainly be tricky. Especially when they're hiding out in the Matrix and don't want to be found. You've probably already searched all the unsecured networks. I do have a trick that might work. Follow me."

Kalyx sets down his empty glass and the monkey climbs onto his shoulder. Again pressing his remote control, a secret panel in the wall opens up. He leads Nico down a corridor and into a dimly lit room. Kalyx's private cyber suite.

1.2: The West Door 789005e63e18295d2ccbf46b68f36e07

"This set-up is a few years old, but it's all military-grade issue. With this unit, I can connect my cerebrum directly into the Dark Web. No oversight algorithms whatsoever. If you can think about uploading your mind into the underlying digital architecture, from which the code of the entire etherscope is derived, then you can begin to see the possibilities." He smiles. "You like? I can rent it to you for only 100,000 credits!"
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:31 pm

"That is fascinating, I have heard of the Deep Web, but I like the Matrix only slightly more than this rock.  I don't think I could get $100k of info out of it if I tried.  Do you know the hacker called Catwalk?"

Chris wrote:

Nico looks for any reaction from Kalyx, while deciding how much to share

Insight

12 + 4 = 16
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:42 pm

"Deep, dark, shadow... it's all the same to me. Nah man, I don't know no one by that name."

Nico hasn't sensed at all during their interaction that Kalyx is purposefully lying to him. He may be holding something back, but that could just be his non-trusting criminal nature. He does seem to be getting impatient.

"Info? Man, if she's anywhere in the Matrix, you're pretty much guaranteed to find her with this thing! But whatever."
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:53 am

"I know you are a busy man Kal and I appreciate the tour of your operations here, but I really came to make a contact with the West Door."
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:07 am

"Hmm, did the don put you up to this? Nevermind, it's not my business. If you want to contact the West Door, then you already have. I'm the baddest fixer in Louisiana."

*Not sure if you're understanding me Chris, but The West Door is just a synonym for Black Market. Except that they are goods and services that are more directly tied to the Black Sun Cartel.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:12 am

Robyo wrote:"Hmm, did the don put you up to this? Nevermind, it's not my business. If you want to contact the West Door, then you already have. I'm the baddest fixer in Louisiana."

*Not sure if you're understanding me Chris, but The West Door is just a synonym for Black Market. Except that they are goods and services that are more directly tied to the Black Sun Cartel.

Nico studies Kal for a moment, Frak!  I guess you gotta trust someone to get off this rock.

"Yes, Don Mufasa suggested the West Door, as if he knew I wouldn't be able to find her without your help.  I have been feeling manipulated and ill-informed since the start of this 'Run.  I know that goes with Shadows... but, this has been weird. Why do you say it like that?"

*off camping for the weekend with family*
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:14 pm

Have fun camping! I get to go next weekend... sunny

"No problem. The don can certainly be manipulative, but hey, that's why he's the don. Seriously, if you want to find your prey quickly within the matrix, I can't recommend this cyber terminal enough. Sure, I'm a salesman, but I speak truth."
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:37 pm

Robyo wrote:Have fun camping! I get to go next weekend... sunny

"No problem. The don can certainly be manipulative, but hey, that's why he's the don. Seriously, if you want to find your prey quickly within the matrix, I can't recommend this cyber terminal enough. Sure, I'm a salesman, but I speak truth."

"I trust your knowledge of the matrix, Kal. I can pay you $50,000. How about a discount for an old friend?"

I haven't combed the rules closely yet... are there anything like Hero Points or 1 time bonuses to rolls? If there are, Nico will use one

Persuasion + Cha + prof + ?
    Roll(1d20)+5:
    12,+5
    Total:17

Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:16 pm

In 5e, they're called Inspiration Points. Let's say your character gains 1/2 level (rounded up) each time you level up. You guys currently have 2.

DM can also award them for RP or creativity.

Inspiration points grant Advantage, Disadvantage to a foe, or gain a Bonus Action on your turn. You can only spend one point at a time, once per turn.

Okay, give me another roll (for Advantage). You're spending an IP to persuade this shrewd business man to give you a half-price discount on cyber deck rental.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:41 am

Cool, thanks for the explanation. Makes sense for 5e

Roll(1d20)+5:
    2,+5
    Total:7

lol!
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:43 pm

He thinks it over for a few seconds. "Alright, it's a deal. But I'm diving in with you. No, no, that's the only way I'll have it. If anything should happen, either about your job or my equipment... well, I just want to be there to witness it." He grins. "And report back to the don if needed. Diving into the Dark Web can potentially get oneself blackjacked (killed while jacked into the matrix)."

The monkey jumps down and Kalyx calls up someone on his device. He tells his secretary to hold his calls for the remaining day and reschedule appointments. Then he turns back to Nico.

"You ready, hoss?"
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:04 pm

Ugh, more webs, more bother.... at least I will have company

Nico nods, "I welcome your company, Kal.  As I said, the web isn't my thing.  I prefer a dark alley or better yet.... a starship!  I am looking for a Hacker named Catwalk."

Nico gives Kal the best description of Catwalk that he can - both from the Don's picture and his fleeting glimpse of her. Nico hands Kal the 50k from the Don.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:08 am

Kalyx accepts the credits. He directs Nico to strap himself in. The fixer makes a quick on-line search for Catwalk using his holographic interface.

1.2: The West Door 58c6fa5c6610e12e4f8f034a060ea735\

"I'm not finding any sign of your hacker, at least since your incident at the club. Looking at the video footage now... props, my man! You got some moves!"

Then Kalyx settles down into his cyber chair. "On your personal screen, you should be getting the Deep Web feed."

1.2: The West Door <a href=1.2: The West Door Matrix10" />

"Alright, let's do this. Try not to get sick."

Nico's mind disconnects from his body. His consciousness shifts digitally, through space and time, into etherspace.

1.2: The West Door Tumblr_n45vpgtwRj1sb5osho1_500

Nico needs to make a Wisdom save.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:33 am

(Chris has a headache from your fractal)

I frakkin hate this part.....

Nico Wisdom save wis +2 prof +2

12 + 4 = 16
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:30 am

You only add your proficiency bonus to Dex and Int saves. I believe that's a 14, then?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:29 pm

Robyo wrote:You only add your proficiency bonus to Dex and Int saves. I believe that's a 14, then?

oops, my bad, I thought I had advantage in Dex and Int

14 it is then
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:49 pm

Chris wrote:
    Robyo wrote:You only add your proficiency bonus to Dex and Int saves. I believe that's a 14, then?

oops, my bad, I thought I had advantage in Dex and Int

14 it is then

You do, LOL! This is a Wisdom save.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:36 pm

The dive is too intense for Nico. He gains the Frightened condition.

The descent into the fractal shifting tunnel towards the Deep Web continues. The colors switch to shades of green, a visual cue of the Deep web.

1.2: The West Door <a href=1.2: The West Door Deep_w10" />

In his fearful state, Nico hears Kalyx's voice come into his mind. "Don't grip controls so hard, Nico. What, are you scared or something? Not much of a deep diver, are you?"

A short time later, the spinning and shifting ends. Nico finds himself in the rear seat of a virtual hover taxi.

1.2: The West Door <a href=1.2: The West Door Taxi_t10" />

Kalyx is in the front seat, piloting the craft. The scenery appears more "normal" now, except for the green hue over everything.

"We're going to see the Big Brain. There's a good chance it will be able to find your mysterious hacker. You okay back there?"

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 8:16 pm