Dropbox - http://www.dropbox.com/

Open Office - http://www.openoffice.org/

2 posters

Backstory - Shivak

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Backstory - Shivak - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue35/35Backstory - Shivak - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Backstory - Shivak - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Backstory - Shivak - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Backstory - Shivak - Page 2 Empty Re: Backstory - Shivak

Post  Chris Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:34 pm

whit10 wrote:"hmm, this information about Darth Tenebrous seems to make him think he's a dead man.  Who is this Darth he speaks of?"

Zinn: A powerful member of the Dark Council....

Rolling Eyes you know who Darth Tenebrous is..... move along, move along
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Backstory - Shivak - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue19/19Backstory - Shivak - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    Backstory - Shivak - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1/0Backstory - Shivak - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:45 pm

uh, I sort of remember who he is. I'll have to go back and read through stuff again
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Backstory - Shivak - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue19/19Backstory - Shivak - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    Backstory - Shivak - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1/0Backstory - Shivak - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:28 pm

if you mean the Sith ghost dude, then ok. Couldn't remember his name. Moving on...

"who are you going to send him with, if I may ask?"
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Backstory - Shivak - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue35/35Backstory - Shivak - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Backstory - Shivak - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Backstory - Shivak - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:46 pm

whit10 wrote:if you mean the Sith ghost dude, then ok.  Couldn't remember his name.  Moving on...

"who are you going to send him with, if I may ask?"

yeah, it's just a tie-in to the other story for fun Cool

Backstory - Shivak - Page 2 The_pl12

Inquistor Zinn smiles, "That isn't your concern acolyte. Make the decision - did he earn his life or not?"

Zinn makes it clear that he will not tolerate any further questions. Shivak is dismissed back to Harken upon his decision.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:47 pm

"he is weak... but granting him a 'pardon' could make him more willing to be loyal in the future. You are the great inquisitor my lord, I shall trust your judgement"

(ain't putting this one on me)
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:59 pm

here, let's also add this to 'pick up the pace' (if you need it anyway).

Shivak is smart enough to have realized that his only way to be free of the Sith, is to become one of them and then take his life into his own hands. Mental discipline is paramount. Only in the deep recesses of his mind are there any plans to betray the Sith... and NOT to the Jedi. He is more than happy to work with whatever Sith lord takes him on, but he never forgets the long term goal.

I have no idea if that helps you... hopefully it does.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:43 pm

whit10 wrote:"he is weak... but granting him a 'pardon' could make him more willing to be loyal in the future.  You are the great inquisitor my lord, I shall trust your judgement"

(ain't putting this one on me)

study this is Shivak's backstory - it is all on him.  By speeding it up, I mean less line-by-line dialogue and more completing a scene in 1-2 posts.  Read Bronson's thread for an idea of a faster pace. It is my fault for taking it so slowly at first, it will pickup here.

Backstory - Shivak - Page 2 The_pl13

Zinn's smile disappears, "Such a shame, you have no conviction to act.  This is your trial acolyte.  I know my judgment is sound.  I am keen to observe your judgment.  Last chance to make a decision or I will be forced to fail you on this trial.... and you know what that means."
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:11 pm

fine, kill him. Such is the price of betrayal
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:42 am

whit10 wrote:fine, kill him. Such is the price of betrayal

Backstory - Shivak - Page 2 The_pl14

Inquisitor Zinn smiles, "I didn't think you had it in you."  He gestures to the acolyte, "By any means you see fit."  

The acolyte is terrified, "You snake!  I trusted you...."

How does Shivak kill the acolyte?
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:02 am

"you're far too trusting..." (with a slick reptilian smile)

you really want me to choose the manner of his death? What do they have available?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:05 am

whit10 wrote:"you're far too trusting..." (with a slick reptilian smile)

you really want me to choose the manner of his death?  What do they have available?

Whatever Shivak has - his vibro sword, force lightning, force choke, etc. Remember, most of those can be used 'unskilled'

study and not to be gruesome, but yes, if Shivak is going to murder someone in cold blood then he needs to carry out the choice.  remember, I said the backstory is all about making choices that matter and will influence the future story content.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:03 pm

does he not have a light saber? That would be the normal method... 'off with his head' Twisted Evil
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:13 pm

whit10 wrote:does he not have a light saber?  That would be the normal method... 'off with his head'  Twisted Evil

acolytes are not given lightsabers, you would most likely take off your own head. it has been a vibroblade the whole time, which is an electrically charged sword and no less deadly
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:25 pm

ah, fair enough. Vibro blade then
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:53 pm

Inquisitor Zinn dismisses Shivak back to Harken.

Backstory - Shivak - Page 2 Harken14

Harken seems surprised by Zinn's high marks on the evaluation.  "Clearly you must have received help or cheated somehow.  It seems like a waste of time to me, but combat training is up next for you.  Report to the saber-master."

Shivak is trained in the art of lightsaber combat by Saber-master Zmitcher.  He is an older Ratataki, but he moves with deceptive grace and power.  He uses the rarely-seen long-handled saber style of the old masters.

Backstory - Shivak - Page 2 Saberm10

Shivak gains his lightsaber feats here.

Shivak is expected to practice on his own.  Weeks of training pass.....  late one night, Shivak is unable to sleep and heads to the saber dojo for some practice.  He sees 4 other acolytes, again the big bruiser types, have the Cathar acolyte cornered in the sparring ring.  The Cathar has his practice saber, they are holding real vibro swords.

Backstory - Shivak - Page 2 Cathar13

The thugs turn to Shivak and tell him to get lost, this isn't his concern.

study let's try to keep the pace moving, respond to how you would handle the scene - not 1 roll or 1 action.  basically, you either decide to help and describe how or you decide to abandon the Cathar that helped you in your earlier trial.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:44 pm

wait a sec... so, are these guy "below" me in rank? They have swords and I don't... just want clarification

I'll help him... I just want to make sure I'm not in over my head here
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:09 pm

whit10 wrote:wait a sec... so, are these guy "below" me in rank?  They have swords and I don't...  just want clarification

I'll help him... I just want to make sure I'm not in over my head here

you guys are all the same - acolytes in training.  You all have vibroblades.  

The Cathar is using a practice lightsaber (to simulate the lack of weight) for his training, so he is at a disadvantage.  You have both your practice saber and your vibroblade.

The Cathar reveals a mouth full of sharp fangs and tells the brutes, with a smile, "I forgive you, you are only trying to survive.  But there can be only 1.... apprentice.  May you die with honor."

Shivak and the Cathar make short work of the brutes.  The Cathar drops his practice saber and relies on his considerable skill with the Force.  He uses Lightning and Telekinetics.  Shivak is a slippery opponent and takes advantage of situational awareness.

Backstory - Shivak - Page 2 Cathar14

"hmmm.... a debt repaid, yes?  Thank you. "

He bows deeply, in the way of the Cathari, which looks like a cross between a yoga pose and a cat strectching.  "I am Tsavo....   Now may I call you friend?"
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:13 pm

"Shivak. I have had very few friends, so yes, that would be acceptable" (with the same sly smile)
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:29 pm

whit10 wrote:"Shivak.  I have had very few friends, so yes, that would be acceptable"  (with the same sly smile)

Tsavo and Shivak remain casual friends for the remainder of their training on Korriban.  Harken is clearly disturbed to see 2 aliens win their training groups. Harken reluctantly passes the acolytes on to their new masters.

Shivak, who scored very highly in subterfuge and deception, was chosen by Darth Mortus.  Darth Mortus is a political powerhouse among the Sith.  He is not on the Dark Council, but many expect his rise to be swift.  

Backstory - Shivak - Page 2 Darth_10

Tsavo is chosen by a Lord of lesser standing, Darth Varus

Backstory - Shivak - Page 2 Darth_11

Darth Mortus takes Shivak to his powerbase on Drommund Kaas.  Kaas City is like the Imperial version of Coruscant, but on a much smaller scale

Backstory - Shivak - Page 2 Kaasci10

Darth Mortus tells Shivak of a grand design to infiltrate and subvert the Jedi order.  Shivak was chosen specifically for this role - he is an alien, thus less likely to be suspected as loyal to the Sith and more likely to want to defect.  Defection is to be Shivak's cover, one Mortus expects may take years to perfect.  Shivak is given a secure holo transmitter to send coded messages back to Darth Mortus.

Shivak is given a light saber by his new master. Shivak may choose any color for the crystal, but Mortus suggests a Jedi color.

How does Shivak make contact with the Jedi and begin his deception?
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:00 pm

"This is a great honor master. I will subvert the pathetic Jedi and give their secrets to you."

Shivak chooses blue for his LS color for now.

He will play himself off as a "force sensitive" type that lost his family to the Sith. They also tried to enslave him, but he escaped. He desires nothing more than for the Sith to be defeated so that no one will ever be enslaved again... sound 'goody, goody' enough?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:42 pm

whit10 wrote:"This is a great honor master.  I will subvert the pathetic Jedi and give their secrets to you."

Shivak chooses blue for his LS color for now.

He will play himself off as a "force sensitive" type that lost his family to the Sith.  They also tried to enslave him, but he escaped.  He desires nothing more than for the Sith to be defeated so that no one will ever be enslaved again... sound 'goody, goody' enough?

Shivak takes a passenger ship to Corelia.  Corelia is deep in the Republic Core Worlds.  Corelia is most notable for its starship manufacturing and refining of Hyper Matter, essentially the fuel for Hyper Drive engines.  Corelia is both refinery and fleet shipyard for the Republic's main fleets.  

Backstory - Shivak - Page 2 Corell10

Shivak meets a young Jedi Knight, named Daxx Taynari.  Daxx is a bit of a fringe Jedi, more comfortable on a swoop bike than in a temple.

Backstory - Shivak - Page 2 Dax10

He is masterless and working on his own agenda, mostly with the street gangs and underworld of Corelia.  Shivak senses a shade of grey to Daxx, he mostly walks in the light with a slight shadow.... he seems like the perfect target.

How does Shivak approach Daxx and gain his trust?
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:49 pm

let me get back to you on this tonight
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:42 pm

ok

First: Shivak would do all the recon he could concerning Mr. Tey-Nari. Patterns, places he frequents, people he knows (mind control and other force stuff if necessary on that one), etc. etc.

Next: The appropriate topic, assuming that Shivak finds out about the temple and the ghosts and such, that would be the best "in" in my opinion. Shivak could be genuinely interested in a "third path" or just the other facets of the Force that this guy knows about.

Last: Try to find him and make contact after he gets to an 'out of the way' planet. Or, conversely, if Daxx has come up with some reason why he'd be hanging around a bunch of other Jedi, then Shivak will find a different path to him.

... just to say it (and it might not matter to you), Daxx was going to start taking levels in Scoundrel or something similar if he had gotten any more.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:43 am

whit10 wrote:ok

First: Shivak would do all the recon he could concerning Mr. Tey-Nari.  Patterns, places he frequents, people he knows (mind control and other force stuff if necessary on that one), etc. etc.  

Next: The appropriate topic, assuming that Shivak finds out about the temple and the ghosts and such, that would be the best "in" in my opinion. Shivak could be genuinely interested in a "third path" or just the other facets of the Force that this guy knows about.

Last: Try to find him and make contact after he gets to an 'out of the way' planet.  Or, conversely, if Daxx has come up with some reason why he'd be hanging around a bunch of other Jedi, then Shivak will find a different path to him.

... just to say it (and it might not matter to you), Daxx was going to start taking levels in Scoundrel or something similar if he had gotten any more.

Shivak spends some time scoping out Daxx and learning his patterns.  Shivak arranges a "chance encounter" with Daxx.  Daxx buys into his story about being a run-away slave from the Sith.  Daxx asks for Shivak's help with underworld stuff on Corelia.  They work together for many months.  Daxx comes to rely on Shivak and his unusual ability to infiltrate gangs and crimelords.

Daxx enjoys drinking and introduces Shivak to the finer side of the Corelian Brandy market.  Over many nights of drinking and story telling, Daxx tells Shivak the tales of all of his adventures - the Force Ghosts, Kintan, Ord Mantell and other things he did before those.  Since Shivak seems to have a genuine interest in the "third path", Daxx becomes concerned for Shivak's future - the Force Ghosts seemed very dark to Daxx and the "third path" seemed like a lie.

To show Shivak, he offers to let Shivak hold his lightsaber, Wrathbane.  Daxx tells Shivak to meditate on the Force.  Shivak feels an electrical shock when he touches the hilt.  Shivak can sense a strong Force tether going back to Daxx, but also feels a new tether connecting him to Wrathbane.  Shivak focuses on the flow of the Force and witneses, as if through Daxx's eyes, all the events in the temple on Kintan.

Shivak experiences the "awakening" and visualization of the Force Plane, just as Daxx did.  Shivak temporarily gains 1 tier of Mythic and can feel a new, deeper level of power.  The feeling fades when he returns Wrathbane to Daxx.  Shivak suspects that if he severed the connection between Daxx and Wrathbane, he could sustain the new level of power for himself.

Daxx offers to train Shivak as a Jedi and take him back to Tython, home of the Jedi.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:47 am

Making sure to report all of this (except the connection with the Light saber bit) to my master.

Off to Typhon
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:36 am

whit10 wrote:Making sure to report all of this (except the connection with the Light saber bit) to my master.

Off to Typhon

Daxx takes Shivak to the main Jedi Temple on Tython.  There are dozens of young apprentices (not yet padawans) and many masters on the grounds.  

Backstory - Shivak - Page 2 Tython13

Shivak is struck by the contrast with Korriban.  Tython is a lush, living world.  Korriban is a burned wasteland.  The training here seems nurturing and peaceful, not bloody and cut-throat.  Shivak looks at Daxx and can't shake the feeling that maybe the two are more alike than he thought....  Shivak wonders how he would have turned out if he had been found by the Jedi as a child instead of subjected to the brutality of the Sith.

Daxx introduces Shivak to Master Yuon Parr, an older sage and Sith historian.

Backstory - Shivak - Page 2 Jedi_j11

Master Parr studies Shivak....  "I sense both sides of the Force in you.  But if you have earned Daxx's trust, you are welcome here.  I look forward to helping with your training and hearing about your time with the Sith."   Master Parr seems genuine and without hidden motives, such a strange concept to Shivak.

Does Shivak tell Master Parr anything about his training on Korriban?
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:42 am

Yes. He will outline the brutality of it and the "giant shark tank" mentality of the acolytes. There will be no mention of my master though. Shivak will share the bit about how they pit acolytes against each other (gotta play for sympathy, lol)
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:56 am

whit10 wrote:Yes.  He will outline the brutality of it and the "giant shark tank" mentality of the acolytes.  There will be no mention of my master though. Shivak will share the bit about how they pit acolytes against each other (gotta play for sympathy, lol)

It works perfectly, "Oh you poor soul.  I am available for Force healing anytime, I am especially talented with trauma relief and anger management."  Master Parr glows with a deep golden light.  Shivak can feel muscles uncoil that he didn't know were tense.  "There is no emotion, only peace."  Shivak feels a sense of calm that he has never known....

Master Parr addresses Daxx, "I have information for you.  I have learned that your old friend, T'son Hoil, has been captured by the Empire.  He was still working with the Bothan spynetwork.  He has been sent to the Spice mines of Kessel.  There are many other Bothans, Trandoshans and Wookies enslaved there right now.  Jedi resources are limited, but you are currently unassigned.  Would you take your Padawan and go with a group we are assembling to try and free your friend?"

Backstory - Shivak - Page 2 Dax11

Daxx looks to Shivak, "You said you wanted to free other slaves.... it looks like the Force has guided us to that path."

Daxx replies to Master Parr, "Of course we will go."

Master Parr smiles, "Good!  Get settled in here on Tython.  I will contact you again soon.  Enjoy the campus and our Temple."  Master Parr leaves you.

Anything else Shivak wants to do on Tython before departing?
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:11 pm

Love it!

Ok, I can't think of anything BUT, how would his master see something like this?  Just a part of the plan to infiltrate?  Shivak isn't stupid enough (or yet powerful enough) to defy his master.  I assume this isn't going to be an issue?

Shivak will also spend some time meditating.  Maybe this is the initial 'spark' that gets him thinking along more 'grey' lines concerning the Force.

...actually (since it fits with this character as well) Shivak will also 'enquire' about Daxx's reputation as a pilot. That would be something else worth learning
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:28 pm

whit10 wrote:Love it!

Ok, I can't think of anything BUT, how would his master see something like this?  Just a part of the plan to infiltrate?  Shivak isn't stupid enough (or yet powerful enough) to defy his master.  I assume this isn't going to be an issue?

Shivak will also spend some time meditating.  Maybe this is the initial 'spark' that gets him thinking along more 'grey' lines concerning the Force.

...actually (since it fits with this character as well) Shivak will also 'enquire' about Daxx's reputation as a pilot.  That would be something else worth learning

Darth Mortus doesn't care about slaves on Kessel, he cares about Shivak being a convincing infiltrator.

Honestly, just looking at Shivak's choices in his Backstory thus far.... Shivak is light grey.

If I were to keep a tally:

handling the 1st trial = grey (lured bugs to kill, didn't kill yourself, didn't find your own holocron)
    interrogation techniques = light side
    killing subject afterwards = dark side
    helping fellow apprentice from bullies = light side

Shivak has many more choices to make, but if someone were to Sense Force on him, he would be Grey, but leaning towards the Light side.

Candidly, this was part of my plan with the backstories - to setup Decisions that indicate the character's initial Attunement to the Force.

Daxx is a pilot and his skill was evident on Corelia with the Swoop bikes for example
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:12 pm

all good then. thanks for the info
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:37 am

Daxx invites Shivak, "Come with me, my friend" Dax doesn't use the term Padawan or overtly reinforce the master\pupil relationship

https://lodgestgaming.forumotion.com/t271-backstory-group#14644
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:26 am

Backstory - Shivak - Page 2 Saesee10

Master Saes boards the Wrenvenge with Daxx and Shivak.  On the way back to Tython he tells a grim tale.  Saes and other Jedi were investigating a group of reported Dark Side Witches on Drathomir.  They had strange powers that the Jedi have not encountered - dark, unnatural abilities to sever a Jedi's connection to the Living Force or to corrupt that connection.  The Jedi withered and grew weak while fighting, many fell.  What caught Saes' attention was when a Witch was killed, a sinister apparition, more smoke and shadow than actual form, rose from the corpse and passed into another Witch.  The transfer did not look entirely.... willing.  This reminded Saes of Daxx's story of the Force Ghosts of the Dread Masters from Kintan.

There are several injured Jedi with Master Saes.  Daxx draws his lightsaber and examines them.  He hands Wrathsbane to Shivak, who can see their tether to the Living Force looks like it is full of cancerous dark spots.  The darker the tether, the weaker the Jedi's connection to the Force.

Landing is granted on Tython and instructions given to bring the sick and wounded immediately to the medical bay.  The sun is just rising and the Jedi Academy is eerily quiet.  Saes, Daxx and Shivak bring the Jedi into the Academy.  Out of the darkness, a dozen red lightsabers ignite!

Backstory - Shivak - Page 2 Sith10

Many of the Sith are wearing masks, similar to this one

Backstory - Shivak - Page 2 Lord_s10

The slaughter is swift and terrible.  The injured Jedi are murdered without quarter.  Master Saes, Daxx and Shivak fight bravely, but are overwhelmed quickly.  All three are beaten within an inch (1-2 HP) of their lives and captured.

The Sith remove their masks and Shivak recognizes Darth Varus and his apprentice, Tsavo.  Varus looks different however, something in him has changed.....

Varus

Backstory - Shivak - Page 2 Infect11

Tsavo still looks the same, though now dressed as a Sith Lord

Backstory - Shivak - Page 2 Tsavo_11

Out of the shadows steps Shivak's master, Darth Mortus

Backstory - Shivak - Page 2 Darth_10

Darth Mortus claims a great victory and commends Shivak for his infiltration of the Jedi, which made this assault possible.  Daxx looks at Shivak in horror, deep lines of betrayal scar his face.  Varus interrupts Mortus' gloating, " I am not convinced of your apprentice's value Mortus.  He has been with the Jedi for several years now.  This day was one by stealth and assassination, something my apprentice, Lord Tsavo, excels at."

Mortus and Varus argue and bicker like children.  Daxx shoots Shivak a knowing look, as if to say, "This is why the Sith will lose".

Eventually their dispute becomes so heated that Mortus issues a Kaggath, a Sith blood challenge.  It is more than just a duel, it is the complete annihilation or consumption of the other Sith's power base, including all followers.  Lightsabers ignite and the 2 Darths clash, with all their followers.

Lord Tsavo stands calmly watching Shivak and the Jedi.

Does Shivak try to do anything to get free or help his master?
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:42 am

well that escalated quickly! lol...

gimme a bit to think about what he might do. Didn't sleep well at all last night
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:45 am

whit10 wrote:well that escalated quickly!  lol...

gimme a bit to think about what he might do.  Didn't sleep well at all last night

Shivak has been away, it's been building for a long time.... if one was conspiracy-minded, one might think this was even planned....

and it's just backstory, we knew this was going to happen
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:58 am

oh, no question. I sort of figured that something like this would happen.. maybe not this quickly. lol
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:06 am

whit10 wrote:oh, no question.  I sort of figured that something like this would happen.. maybe not this quickly. lol

the rest of the party is together in 2 groups, now on the same planet. This is really the last bit of backstory to wrap up, then we will be in real-time story mode and rapidly approaching the first fight.... time to roll some dice!
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:57 am

ok, I think that Shivak will basically see this as his time to scarper. Can Telepathy be used to actually communicate or is just like "feelings and ideas"... I don't have the book here and just don't remember off hand.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:08 pm

whit10 wrote:ok, I think that Shivak will basically see this as his time to scarper.  Can Telepathy be used to actually communicate or is just like "feelings and ideas"... I don't have the book here and just don't remember off hand.

Shivak is down to 1-2 HP and can't really use any Force Powers

Chris wrote:
    The slaughter is swift and terrible. The injured Jedi are murdered without quarter. Master Saes, Daxx and Shivak fight bravely, but are overwhelmed quickly. All three are beaten within an inch (1-2 HP) of their lives and captured.

Does Shivak try to do anything to get free or help his master?
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:31 pm

oh yeah. damn.

well, I guess he shoots Daxx a look as if to say, "I didn't plan this. I'm not one of them anymore"

With HP this low I don't know that he can do anything? He'd get killed trying to save his master. Grab Daxx's awesome lightsaber and run like hell? Or, do the same and "drop" as if committing suicide? He did have the whole bit where he was in hiding at the moment...
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:49 pm

whit10 wrote:
    well, I guess he shoots Daxx a look as if to say, "I didn't plan this.  I'm not one of them anymore"  

Backstory - Shivak - Page 2 Dax10

Daxx looks like he wants to believe Shivak, but his trust is lost.

Shivak watches as his master is slain by Darth Varus in front of him.  

Backstory - Shivak - Page 2 Infect12

Darth Varus approaches Shivak and Daxx.  "You didn't jump in to save your master?  A wise move, but where does your loyalty truly lie, I wonder?"  Varus uses the Force to lift up Daxx's lightsaber and floats it in front of Shivak.  "Use your hatred of me and strike down your Jedi Master.  Prove that you are still loyal to the Sith.  I want to feel this Jedi's anguish as he watches you, his trusted Padawan, take his life with his own lightsaber!"  Darth Varus looks on with great anticipation.....
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:27 pm

...just to say it, Shivak is smart enough to know that he can heal himself even if he's only at 1-2 HP... which would allow for one good use of the force.. yes?

I bring it up because I'd like to 1) kill Daxx because he's dead anyway and at least it will be quick and 2) this uppity bastard needs to be knocked down a peg (and Shivak needs to escape)
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:37 pm

whit10 wrote:...just to say it, Shivak is smart enough to know that he can heal himself even if he's only at 1-2 HP... which would allow for one good use of the force..  yes?

I bring it up because I'd like to 1) kill Daxx because he's dead anyway and at least it will be quick and 2) this uppity bastard needs to be knocked down a peg (and Shivak needs to escape)

Yes, that is true.

study If it were a live-combat event, I think the issue of attacks of opportunity (like casting a spell) and how discreet the skill use is would be an issue. I have been loose with everyone's backstory so far..... so let's see what you have in mind.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:27 pm

will deal with this later on... gotta run to get my car worked on
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:48 pm

(dramatic almost slow-motion pause)... Daxx and Shivak's eyes meet one last time. Shivak shows great conflict at having to kill this man that he now considers his friend... rage builds within him towards the racist Sith that believe in nothing but raw power. Daxx smiles, almost as if to say 'I forgive you'. Daxx reaches towards his belt with almost lightning speed to activate the 'emergency' thermal detonator on his belt. Shivak looks up and smiles at Darth Varus "you think you've won? You have won NOTHING!" Daxx is then destroyed by the explosion

As the blast occurs.. Shivak uses all of his ability with the force to 'disappear'. He makes any non-force users forget ever seeing him.

... just let me know if any of this doesn't work
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:18 pm

whit10 wrote:(dramatic almost slow-motion pause)...  Daxx and Shivak's eyes meet one last time.  Shivak shows great conflict at having to kill this man that he now considers his friend... rage builds within him towards the racist Sith that believe in nothing but raw power.  Daxx smiles, almost as if to say 'I forgive you'.  Daxx reaches towards his belt with almost lightning speed to activate the 'emergency' thermal detonator on his belt.  Shivak looks up and smiles at Darth Varus  "you think you've won?  You have won NOTHING!"  Daxx is then destroyed by the explosion

As the blast occurs.. Shivak uses all of his ability with the force to 'disappear'.  He makes any non-force users forget ever seeing him.  

... just let me know if any of this doesn't work

I like it!

A slight change in the backstory is to be expected, given actually playing out the circumstances.  

Shivak flees the scene shrouded in the Force (can Shivak actually do that?  lol)

Before he leaves, Shivak takes one last look back.  He sees Varus, Tsavo, the other Sith and a nearly dead Master Saes.  The other Sith appear to be healing Master Saes while Darth Varus dons a different mask and performs some type of Force ritual.  

Varus

Backstory - Shivak - Page 2 Dread_10

Holding Wrathsbane, Shivak can see that Varus has several Force Ghosts apparently bound to him.  Varus binds one of the Force Ghosts into Master Saes, who is too weak to resist.  

The *new* Master Saes rises and bows to Darth Varus.  

Backstory - Shivak - Page 2 Posses10

Shivak quickly flees with this knowledge.  He makes it back to the Wrenrevenge, thankful for its cloaking device.  He cloaks the ship and launches into space.  Shivak can see the Jedi Temple at Tython burning below, but he does not sense any survivors.

Shivak is bothered by the unanswered questions...... but he senses his new friends, Daxx's friends, are in danger on Coruscant!
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:52 pm

Off to Coruscant! (I forgot to mention that Shivak was trying to use the explosion as his way to "disappear?" I was just sort of hoping that the injuries to the Sith would make them more concerned than some Falleen traitor that they never liked anyway (and who also got blown up?)

So, did Shivak ever actually get 'made' a Sith lord? Or is he more along the lines of a 'ronin' now? It's just a minor thing... no big deal either way.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:03 pm

whit10 wrote:
    So, did Shivak ever actually get 'made' a Sith lord?  Or is he more along the lines of a 'ronin' now?  It's just a minor thing... no big deal either way.

Shivak would have been given the title of Lord around 7th lvl, same as Knight for the Jedi. Mortus was always pleased with Shivak, so he would have granted him the title at the appropriate time
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:35 pm

Gotcha... in keeping with character though, Shivak would also stop somewhere on the way Coruscant for a new supply of the best Falleen brandy... or whatever is close to it.

I'll need to work with you concerning contacts and others from the spy network that was set up by Mortus and Shivak... could be quite useful
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:30 pm

whit10 wrote:Gotcha... in keeping with character though, Shivak would also stop somewhere on the way Coruscant for a new supply of the best Falleen brandy... or whatever is close to it.

I'll need to work with you concerning contacts and others from the spy network that was set up by Mortus and Shivak... could be quite useful

sure, add 1 case of Faleen Brandy

as for the spy network.... it probably would fall apart without Mortus. I guess I envision a spy network as having a group of agents and Sith that all reported back to Mortus directly. I don't think one agent at MI-6 knows the assignments of the others or how to contact them in the field (which might blow their cover). It may happen that Shivak recognizes someone later down the road.

Shivak was really focused just on infiltrating the Jedi, which he did, but it took him a long time with Daxx to accomplish it.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:15 pm