Dropbox - http://www.dropbox.com/

Open Office - http://www.openoffice.org/

2 posters

Korvaq - Klingon Scientist

whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Korvaq - Klingon Scientist Left_bar_bleue19/19Korvaq - Klingon Scientist Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    Korvaq - Klingon Scientist Left_bar_bleue1/0Korvaq - Klingon Scientist Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Korvaq - Klingon Scientist Empty Korvaq - Klingon Scientist

Post  whit10 Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:00 pm

(From Starfleet Intelligence profile KE-1328; Klingon Imperial Science Division)
    “…Klingons that show greater than normal science and engineering aptitude are enrolled in a special academy as they finish their first tour of duty. Located on Qo’noS, this academy has no name so that it may go mostly un-noticed. Science, for the Klingons, largely serves the military and the Empire itself.
    Starfleet intelligence reports on this facility are vague but it is known that the Klingons tend to experiment with modern weapons, engines and technology with little regard for standard safety protocols. For example, the Klingons typically have 8-10 pads per Transporter system; some vessels can use as many as 12 pads.  This is well over Starfleet safety regulations. It is assumed that the Klingons ignore the safety protocols and accept the incidental loss of personnel as a necessary sacrifice.
    The Klingons are also known to experiment with banned weapons systems and dangerous biological and bio-genic pathogens.”

Korvaq had the standard life of an average Klingon warrior.  Great battles, great victories, songs sung to empire’s glory.  But when you’re a Klingon with a curious nature and a greater intellect, war becomes monotonous and glory fleeting. As a curious Klingon, something quite rare, Korvaq jumped at the chance to experiment with the Empire’s greatest resources at his disposal. As the 2nd son of Martoq, former Chancellor, Korvaq was expected to make something of himself, but without the burden of representing his family or name (though dishonor is STILL dishonor). Korvaq is by no means a typical Klingon, while he likes to perfect his Bat-leth skills, he is far more interested in science.. in all its forms

It was with great honor, and some slight trepidation, that Korvaq took his new position. In no time, he was promoted due to his work with Transporter systems.  Korvaq, due to a brief trip to Terra, had learned a great deal from the Humans and he decided to build a hybrid Federation/Klingon Transporter….
    …and that’s where it all went wrong.  The first test was successful.  He transported a chest of isolinear chips ten systems away.  Farther than anything anyone had successfully transported before.  In the typical act of Klingon arrogance (or bravery), Korvaq decided to transport himself next, to the very edge of the Empire.  It must have been the new converters that he installed, or maybe it was the new containment field that he had made adjustments to.
    … Korvaq isn’t on Qo’noS anymore… he was transported to something from beyond fantasy and fiction. Science is more like “magic” and it is far more powerful than he could dream. But here there are monsters, demons, sorcerers, great ships of strange configurations and warriors that cast shadows on any Klingon heroes. Korvaq has now ‘adjusted’ to his surroundings.  Quantum physics and “magic” might be the same things here…it just takes a bit of getting used to. Korvaq has decided to adapt to his new surroundings… until such time as he can return home.  If he can ever build a Transporter in this world that is…
    …And the Federation always wonders why there aren’t more Klingon scientists…

Korvaq – Imperial Scientist, 5th squadron. - Klingon – 15 RPs for race
    Flexible – 2 pts.; +2 to two stats (Con. and Str.)
    Flexible Bonus Feat - 4 RPs
    Skill Bonus – 2 RPs - +1 to Survival and Perception
    Spell Resistance, lesser – 2 RPs (6 + Character level)
    Natural Armor – 2 RP
    Low-light vision -1 RP
    Stubborn – 2 RP, +2 to Will Saves vs. Enchantment

Class – Fighter/Rogue – 2/8 (Rogue – Fav. Class), 1 Mythic Tier
    Str 16/ +3
    Dex 14/ +3 (16) - 8th level bonus
    Con 16/ +3
    Int 16/ +3 - 4th level bonus
    Wis 12/ +2 (14)
    Cha 8/ -1
    Traits: Armor Expert, -1 to AC penalty
    Scholar of the Great Beyond (+1 to Know. Planes and History, Planes is Class skill)

Skills: 105 pts.
    Ranks Abil. Mod. Misc. Mod. Total
    Acrobatics 7 3 13
    Appraise
    Climb 6 3 12
    Craft (personal) 9 3 8 23
    (Weapons) 3 3 9
    Disable Dev. 10 3 2 18
    Escape Artist 5 3 11
    Intimidate
    Knowledge:
    -Arcana (Tech):* 9 3 15
    -Engineering 8 3 14
    -History 1 3 1 5
    -Local 1 3 7
    -Planes (Space-time) 8 3 1 15
    Linguistics 2 3 8
    Perception 10 2 1 16
    Ride 1 3 7
    Sleight of Hand 4 3 10
    Stealth 9 3 15
    Survival 1 2 1 7
    Swim 1 3 7
    UMD 10 -1 6 18

Feats:
    1st: Point Blank Shot, Skill Focus: Craft- “personal items”, Weapon Focus: Bat’leth
    2nd: Rapid Shot
    3rd: Skill Focus: UMD
    5th: Master Craftsman
    7th: Craft Wondrous Item
    9th: Vital Strike
    10th: Dodge
    Mythic Feat - Dodge

Rogue Abilities:
    Sneak Attack – 4d6
    Evasion, Uncanny Dodge, Trap Finding, Trap Sense +2, Improved Uncanny Dodge
    Rogue Talents – Quick Disable, Offensive/Defensive (APG), Fast Stealth, Combat Trick

Fighter Abilities: Bravery 1, all weapon prof., 2 bonus Feats

Combat
    BAB: 7/2
    CMB: 11
    CMD: 23
    Initiative: +3
    Move. 30’
    HP: 114

Attacks:
    +1 Disrupter: To Hit: 11/6 - 1d8+3 fire damage, Crit: x2
    +1 Bat’leth: (use Great sword) To Hit: 12/7 - 2d6+5, 19-20, x2 Crit.
    Dagger: 1d4+3

AC: 22
    Armor: Light Klingon Battle Armor (use Mithril Breast Plate)
    +6 to AC, No AC penalty, +6 Max Dex.
    Dex Bonus: +3, Deflection +1, Dodge: +2

Saves:
    Base Abil. Mod. Misc. Mod. Total
    Fort 5 3 2 10
    Reflex 6 3 2 11
    Will 2 2 2, 2 vs. Enchant. 6/8
    1 vs. Fear
    SR: 15

Mythic Abilities: Mythic Power - 5
    Trickster – Surprise Strike, Shadow Stealth
    Hard to kill, mythic power, surge +1d6

Hero Points: 3

“Magic” Items:
    Belt – Dex +2
    Cloak of Resistance: +2
    Glove of Storing (created)
    Master Work “Thieves tools”
    Necklace of adaptation
    Vambraces of defense (These polished steel vambraces grant a +1 deflection bonus to AC. Once per day, as an immediate action, if the wearer has at least one hand free, when he would normally be hit with an attack from a ranged weapon, he may deflect it with the bracers, taking no damage from it, as if he had the Deflect Arrows feat.)

“Hypo spray” – 3 Cure Mod. Wounds – hypo spray must be reloaded
    - Also now has Heroism (2 doses), Invisibility (1), Bull Strength (2), Resist Energy –Acid (1)
    Headband - +2 to Wisdom
    Wand of Fireballs (plasma launcher) – 6 charges, 5d6 damage – Save DC: 14
    Boots of Speed
    Ring of Energy Resistance (Major) – Fire – 20 pts.
    Ring of Retribution

570 KARMA (gold with a new mechanic to be explained later)

Attachments
    Korvaq - Klingon Scientist AttachmentKorvaq.docx
    You don't have permission to download attachments.
    (19 Kb) Downloaded 0 times

Last edited by whit10 on Tue May 16, 2017 2:19 pm; edited 14 times in total
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Korvaq - Klingon Scientist Left_bar_bleue35/35Korvaq - Klingon Scientist Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Korvaq - Klingon Scientist Left_bar_bleue0/0Korvaq - Klingon Scientist Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Korvaq - Klingon Scientist Empty Re: Korvaq - Klingon Scientist

Post  Chris Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:28 pm

Looks like a fine start! Can you link or c\p the stats of the original items? That just helps me figure out what is what. For example, the "Disruptor pistol"

Also, just remember the two-bladed sword follows all the two weapon fighting rules\penalties. You don't have any the feat(s) for it right now.

Arcanna = tech
    Planes = space\time
    look fine
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Korvaq - Klingon Scientist Left_bar_bleue19/19Korvaq - Klingon Scientist Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    Korvaq - Klingon Scientist Left_bar_bleue1/0Korvaq - Klingon Scientist Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:45 pm

I meant to discuss that with you... the Batleth, IMO, should take over several other melee weapons. He's a fighter from a world with energy weapons. I remember seeing a ton of Klingon weapons throughout the show. I don't remember several being in there (maces, great swords, great axes, etc.) I was hoping for a "swap"? Drop several other melee weapons to get that? Or, if not, I guess he can use a Feat on it. I just thought that would be silly given that it's a "racial weapon." I just couldn't seem to find that one in the Race Builder

Laser pistol, 10,000 gp 1d8 ×2 50 ft. 10 1 charge 2 lbs. F Semi-automatic, touch

Bat'leth is the same as the double sword in the core book, Laser pistol is from the Tech book (equipment)

Frankly, phasers/disrupters are going to be really underpowered in this. They can vaporize a person in the normal genre... not exactly fair here. lol
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Korvaq - Klingon Scientist Left_bar_bleue35/35Korvaq - Klingon Scientist Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Korvaq - Klingon Scientist Left_bar_bleue0/0Korvaq - Klingon Scientist Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:08 pm

There is one in the RB

Weapon Familiarity (1 RP): Prerequisites: None; Benefit: Choose up to two weapons, or one weapon and a racial weapon group. When choosing a racial weapon group, you must choose a group that includes the same name as one of your subtypes. Members of this race are proficient with those weapons. For the purposes of weapon familiarity, all bows are considered one weapon. Special: This trait can be taken up to two times. The second time it is taken, the race becomes proficient with another two weapons or one weapon and a racial weapon group.

But it doesn't really help, two-bladed sword isn't an exotic weapon.  Proficiency isn't the issue, it is using it as a double weapon (which is the same as fighting with 2 separate weapons).  You can't 'swap' that out because you are talking about apples and oranges, as it isn't a proficiency issue.  The feat is to be able to make 2 attacks with it (2WF),  not just to use it.  It's the extra +1 attack that costs the feat.

It's up to you, but in my mind, I don't see Klingons making multiple light swings with it, ala Darth Maul.  They use it as a heavy cleaver.  To me a bat-leth would be more appropriately re-skinned as a Great Axe or 2H sword and used with Power Attack.  If you see it differently, that's fine, then take the Feat.  

Laser pistol is fine, I just didn't notice that it was Fire type damage, that threw me off.  

The damage argument is a bit silly though.  People in movies kill each other with daggers and punches all the time Rolling Eyes and it's a Touch attack, so that helps + you get your Dex to damage.  Even a pistol that does 3d6 in SW isn't likely to kill anyone and it doesn't get +Dex and has to bypass armor.

The Disruptor in SW is 2d10 but has the added feature that if you kill someone with it, they are disintegrated.  Do you have enough $$ to add +1d6 acid damage?  Then it would do fire+ acid.  8d +5 +d6 Twisted Evil
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:06 am

I do see it differently based on how Worf used it on several occasions. however, it's not worth making a big deal out of so, great sword stats it is. That's fine.

I wasn't really complaining about the disrupter. Just pointing it out
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:20 pm

Fair enough. It's only 1 feat if you want to use it like 2WF Cool

Damage codes in general are not logical, except when attacking a 0 level peasant. That's like saying a long sword can't kill anyone either because it only does d8.

That's why I always like the idea of Wound\Vitality points. Wounds never go up over levels, so a hit to the wounds is always a potentially deadly hit. Vitality is like "plot armor" in movies. Heroes dodge, have near misses, fight for a long time... until they get tired and get injured.

I am not suggesting that we are going to use the old SW rules, since PF\D&D damage gets so high, you can't survive a hit to the wounds. I am just saying that I like the idea in general.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:26 pm

Master Craftsman

Your superior crafting skills allow you to create simple magic items.

Prerequisites: 5 ranks in any Craft or Profession skill.

Benefit: Choose one Craft or Profession skill in which you possess at least 5 ranks. You receive a +2 bonus on your chosen Craft or Profession skill. Ranks in your chosen skill count as your caster level for the purposes of qualifying for the Craft Magic Arms and Armor and Craft Wondrous Item feats. You can create magic items using these feats, substituting your ranks in the chosen skill for your total caster level. You must use the chosen skill for the check to create the item. The DC to create the item still increases for any necessary spell requirements (see the magic item creation rules in Magic Items). You cannot use this feat to create any spell-trigger or spell-activation item.

Normal: Only spellcasters can qualify for the Craft Magic Arms and Armor and Craft Wondrous Item feats.

So what Craft skill does Korvaq have?

from Craft:

The most common Craft skills are alchemy, armor, baskets, books, bows, calligraphy, carpentry, cloth, clothing, glass, jewelry, leather, locks, paintings, pottery, sculptures, ships, shoes, stonemasonry, traps, and weapons.

I looked at CWI and the crafting rules, but it doesn't really say what specific Craft skill you need.  It's kinda weird....

Craft Wondrous Item (Item Creation)

You can create wondrous items, a type of magic item.

Prerequisite: Caster level 3rd.

Benefit: You can create a wide variety of magic wondrous items. Crafting a wondrous item takes 1 day for each 1,000 gp in its price. To create a wondrous item, you must use up raw materials costing half of its base price. See the magic item creation rules in Magic Items for more information.

You can also mend a broken wondrous item if it is one that you could make. Doing so costs half the raw materials and half the time it would take to craft that item.

When I look at all the Wondrous Items, they don't list a specific skill, just the Feat + spell (which you bypass).

Last edited by Chris on Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:27 pm

Since you can Craft (paid the feats for it)... you only pay HALF the cost of any Wondrous item (initial buy) that you are capable of making for yourself.

cheers
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:56 pm

It is a badass Feat. That's why I took it.

Honestly? I needed to discuss that with you given the nature of the character. He's obviously not making leather goods or shit out of wood or steel. How do you want to work this with the "science is magic" thing? Just take one "group" of items and that's the stuff he can 'build'?

It would probably work out the same... say,for now, anything that's a 'wearable' item (which could be make of leather or cloth by core rules) is what he can make?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:04 pm

As I read it, the idea of the Master Craftsman feat is to allow a non-caster to created a "limited" number of magic items.  Craft: Weapons or Craft: Armor give the broadest range of things to be built, since you can basically make most any weapon group (blades, bows, etc) or any type of armor (metal, leather) with the skill + feat.

Craft: Wondrous Item is the broadest and most useful set, but I think also carries the most inherent limits.  Wondrous Items include:  clothing, bags, elixirs, horns, drums, candles, scarabs, beads, necklaces, figurines, crowns, gems, mauls, ropes, manuals\tomes, carpets, crystal balls......

I think you are on the right track, but just really think about the possible groups before deciding and lets talk about specifically what you can\can't make with it, so you are happy with the choice.

Clothing: belts, cloaks, boots, gloves (but not bracers), helms\headbands, robes, slippers, vests, etc

Jewelry: amulets, broach, bracelets, necklaces, periapt, pearls, beads, crowns, scarabs, gems, Ioun stones, crystal balls, lens (?), etc

books: manuals, tomes, decks of cards (?)

musical instruments: drums, horns, chimes, pipes, etc

alchemy: elixirs, salves, dusts, incense, ointments, glues, solvents, etc

mauls seem like weapons.

item\tool - bags, phylactery, ropes, brooms, horseshoes, mirror, carpets, lens(?) ?  (just throwing stuff in a random pile here)  

Bracers, for example, require both Craft: Wondrous Item AND Craft: Armor

______________________________________________________________________________________

Spell Trigger: Spell trigger activation is similar to spell completion, but it's even simpler. No gestures or spell finishing is needed, just a special knowledge of spellcasting that an appropriate character would know, and a single word that must be spoken. Spell trigger items can be used by anyone whose class can cast the corresponding spell. This is the case even for a character who can't actually cast spells, such as a 3rd-level paladin. The user must still determine what spell is stored in the item before she can activate it. Activating a spell trigger item is a standard action and does not provoke attacks of opportunity.

I think this is like wands, scrolls, some rings, etc
    ______________________________________________________________________________________

If it were me, I would probably choose between clothing and jewelry as they seem to have the largest groups of things you can make and use as a F\T.

Does that make sense? Is that about how you were reading it?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:06 pm

Great start on the backstory!

Can you describe the new realm Korvaq lives in now? What is he doing there? How was he treated when he arrived?

What are Korvaq's current goals, plans, dreams?
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:28 pm

Magic Item creation - that's how I was reading it. Cool, I will get that filled in properly.

As for story line, just give me a few days to think through it a bit more.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:47 pm

whit10 wrote:Magic Item creation - that's how I was reading it.  Cool, I will get that filled in properly.

As for story line, just give me a few days to think through it a bit more.

Hmmm... I re-read the Master Crafter feat. Honestly, I may be applying too much logic to the feat.

To me, it only makes sense that you could craft the type of item for which you possess the specific skill. A Master Crafter in calligraphy would have no capability to craft magic plate mail or a magic weapon. Again, that is just my logical read of the skill + feat combo.

However.... it doesn't actually say that there is such a restriction.

Benefit: Choose one Craft or Profession skill in which you possess at least 5 ranks. You receive a +2 bonus on your chosen Craft or Profession skill. Ranks in your chosen skill count as your caster level for the purposes of qualifying for the Craft Magic Arms and Armor and Craft Wondrous Item feats. You can create magic items using these feats, substituting your ranks in the chosen skill for your total caster level. You must use the chosen skill for the check to create the item. The DC to create the item still increases for any necessary spell requirements (see the magic item creation rules in Magic Items). You cannot use this feat to create any spell-trigger or spell-activation item.

Normal: Only spellcasters can qualify for the Craft Magic Arms and Armor and Craft Wondrous Item feats.

Removing "logic" from the equation, the skill simply counts as caster level to give access to Craft: Magic X.

In other words, a cleric with no skill or knowledge of clothing, jewelry, metal working, calligraphy, etc IS capable of making magic items simply by virtue of having a 'caster level' and buying the feat. It is illogical, to me, that they could craft without the appropriate skill. But that is how the rules work.

So.... forget all the stuff I wrote about linking the specific craft skill to what Korvaq can make. Following the specific wording of the feat and the pattern of the Craft magic X feats for casters, it seems that they make no correlation between knowledge, skill and ability to craft.

Korvaq can craft ANY Wondrous Item cheers
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:53 pm

however, note the following....

Since Korvaq can't cast any spells, the DC goes up for each required spell.

To create magic items, spellcasters use special feats which allow them to invest time and money in an item's creation. At the end of this process, the spellcaster must make a single skill check (usually Spellcraft, but sometimes another skill) to finish the item. If an item type has multiple possible skills, you choose which skill to make the check with. The DC to create a magic item is 5 + the caster level for the item. Failing this check means that the item does not function and the materials and time are wasted. Failing this check by 5 or more results in a cursed item (see Cursed Items for more information).

Note that all items have prerequisites in their descriptions. These prerequisites must be met for the item to be created. Most of the time, they take the form of spells that must be known by the item's creator (although access through another magic item or spellcaster is allowed). The DC to create a magic item increases by +5 for each prerequisite the caster does not meet. The only exception to this is the requisite item creation feat, which is mandatory. In addition, you cannot create potions, spell-trigger, or spell-completion magic items without meeting their spell prerequisites.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    so for example, the belt of Dex +2

Belt of Incredible Dexterity

Aura moderate transmutation; CL 8th

Slot belt; Weight 1 lb.; Price 4,000 gp (+2), 16,000 gp (+4), 36,000 gp (+6)

Description

This belt has a large silver buckle, usually depicting the image of a tiger. The belt grants the wearer an enhancement bonus to Dexterity of +2, +4, or +6. Treat this as a temporary ability bonus for the first 24 hours the belt is worn.

Construction

Requirements Craft Wondrous Item, cat's grace; Cost 2,000 gp (+2)

DC to craft = 5 + 8 (CL) + 5 for not knowing cat's grace spell = DC 18
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:53 pm

He'll need more gear but he's basically done
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:19 pm

looking good!
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:06 pm

whit10 wrote:
    … Korvaq isn’t on Qo’noS anymore… he was transported to something from beyond fantasy and fiction. Science is more like “magic” and it is far more powerful than he could dream. But here there are monsters, demons, sorcerers, great ships of strange configurations and warriors that cast shadows on any Klingon heroes. Korvaq has now ‘adjusted’ to his surroundings.  Quantum physics and “magic” might be the same things here…it just takes a bit of getting used to. Korvaq has decided to adapt to his new surroundings… until such time as he can return home.  If he can ever build a Transporter in this world that is…
    …And the Federation always wonders why there aren’t more Klingon scientists…

I know that we have talked about this in emails, but flesh it out please.

Where is Korvaq exactly?

How was he treated when he arrived in Aasgard?

What is he doing there now?

Has he met any of the royalty?
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:47 pm

I'll address that tonight
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:21 pm

ok. In reply to your questions:

1) anywhere you want him to be... probably in a lab or trying to find loot, or just drinking somewhere

2) Since Asgard is such an odd place, (I was thinking more of the expanded galaxy, not just Asgard itself) he didn't stand out that much. He's only been there once or twice. There are many other realms. Hell, he might even think that Knowhere is a neat spot to be for a bit.

3) see above. I can be flexible.

4)Probably not? Not unless they need a crazy, rather gruff scientist for something?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:50 am

I appreciate that you are trying to be flexible and leave it open-ended for me as a GM. But a little self-motivation and self-direction on the character's part is actually what I am looking for here.

Let's assume that Korvaq is in Aasgard itself (since that's what you wrote in the bio).

How long has he been there - just arrived yesterday or been there for years?

What is he doing....

drunk and homeless on the streets?

joined an adventuring party looking for loot? (like Thor's buddies)

working for a wizard on finding a way home or just studying magic\science?

I don't care what the answer is, I can work with anything.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:05 pm

well, ok then.

He can be on Asgard researching a way home... but also keeping his eye out for chances to get loot
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:19 pm

whit10 wrote:Korvaq is dressed as per normal though carrying his disrupter in hand for now.

I need to discuss doing some kind of conversion with you Chris. If memory serves, disrupters and phasers can be made into 'rifles' by just adding the rest of the weapon. We don't need to do this now of course, I just want to put it on your radar

What is the disruptor currently? Is it something re-skinned or a gun or what?

What you really asking about is extending the range of it? or something else?
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:39 pm

I reskinned it from this page in the Tech Guide:

http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/technologyGuide/weapons.html

Extended range, more power... that's all he's looking for. He would know that the rifle probably does more damage since it's on a larger platform? That's my take on it but its certainly something we can discuss. Not so much a crunch thing as a logical decision by a scientist and weapons expert.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:45 pm

whit10 wrote:I reskinned it from this page in the Tech Guide:

http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/technologyGuide/weapons.html

Extended range, more power... that's all he's looking for.  He would know that the rifle probably does more damage since it's on a larger platform?  That's my take on it but its certainly something we can discuss.  Not so much a crunch thing as a logical decision by a scientist and weapons expert.

so look at the 2-handed ranged weapons on the chart and buy whatever you can afford

I could see extended range as part of a carbine modification kit, like the awesome on glock has right now!

if you just want range, not more damage, then 1/2 the cost for a carbine conversion kit. if you want both damage and range, then just buy a rifle Wink

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 6:16 pm