Dropbox - http://www.dropbox.com/

Open Office - http://www.openoffice.org/

2 posters

Prison of the mind (Brick's cell)

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Prison of the mind (Brick's cell) Left_bar_bleue35/35Prison of the mind (Brick's cell) Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Prison of the mind (Brick's cell) Left_bar_bleue0/0Prison of the mind (Brick's cell) Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Prison of the mind (Brick's cell) Empty Prison of the mind (Brick's cell)

Post  Chris Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:37 pm

You can feel your body compress and be stretched like spaghetti.  At one point, you are literally spanning millions of light years as you get pulled into the singularity of the black hole....  

Prison of the mind (Brick's cell) Inside10

You then find yourself floating, alone.  You cannot see the other party members, nor any companions you brought with you.  You are singular.  You are no longer Argul\Brick\Korvaq\Zang.  You are like a dreamer and your life as the character was but a dream.  You can remember that life, but feel less attached to it than a moment ago.

You can see a man.  He is bound in some device.  He is a prisoner.  You are the prisoner and the observer at the same time.   Rasso has control of the machine.

Prison of the mind (Brick's cell) Prison11

You are at the singularity of the black hole.  Inside a black hole, TIME becomes a physical dimension, just like space.  There are 4 quadrants:  on the LEFT are Parallel Universes (or the interior universes), on the RIGHT the External Universes (where you just came from on the battle map), on the TOP are the future timelines and on the BOTTOM are your past timelines.  

study This is a general map to the interior of the black hole.  This explains what each area represents  study

Prison of the mind (Brick's cell) Black_11

The prisoner (you) are located at the "point of consciousness" in the center, the exact center of the singularity.  The background looks like both brain synapses and deep space.  In the far upper right corner, you see the "paradise" that the cosmic mother showed you before the final battle.

This is what the actual inside of the black hole looks like:

Prison of the mind (Brick's cell) Slide139
    Prison of the mind (Brick's cell) Slide252
    Prison of the mind (Brick's cell) Slide338

Just for clarity, as I know this is a LOT to take in all at once:

LEFT - parallel universes or interior universes are represented by and populated with characters from many of our recent games
    RIGHT - the battle map, from this game, the exterior of the black hole in 'real space'
    BOTTOM - the past, a sequence of events from your homeworlds to the bridge, to the fear of needles, to the space station, to the queen fight
    CENTER - you, the prisoner in the machine and Rasso is controlling the machine
    TOP - a map of possible futures, most of which are full of Necrons, wastelands and dead planets.  There is 1 possible future left with life and happiness.  It is the "paradise" revealed by the golden light of the Cosmic Mother.  It is the house on the beach, with the woman and the children from the vision.

Chris wrote:
    Q: "Seriously, WHAT THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO DO HERE??"
    A: free yourself (the prisoner) using everything on the map at your disposal + your imagination to find a way to escape the Prison of the Mind.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Prison of the mind (Brick's cell) Left_bar_bleue68/68Prison of the mind (Brick's cell) Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Prison of the mind (Brick's cell) Left_bar_bleue0/0Prison of the mind (Brick's cell) Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Prison of the mind (Brick's cell) Empty Re: Prison of the mind (Brick's cell)

Post  navyik Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:44 pm

Bereft of his physicality and attachment, the shallow identity of Brick Rockman fades quickly compared to others.  His overdeveloped Ego, however, becomes somehow concentrated.

"I'm not in a prison, you are..."
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Prison of the mind (Brick's cell) Left_bar_bleue35/35Prison of the mind (Brick's cell) Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:41 am

navyik wrote:Bereft of his physicality and attachment, the shallow identity of Brick Rockman fades quickly compared to others.  His overdeveloped Ego, however, becomes somehow concentrated.

"I'm not in a prison, you are..."

As Observer, you notice that the man in the machine cannot speak. Something (see pic) is in his mouth and down his throat. It feels like plastic, maybe a tube or a tentacle.

But you definitely think, "I'm not in a prison, you are..."

Rasso's voice replies, "Me? Oh yes, I am stuck here as well.... just watching the shadows pass on the wall of the cave.... same as you."

navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Prison of the mind (Brick's cell) Left_bar_bleue68/68Prison of the mind (Brick's cell) Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:26 am

What are you in for?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:59 pm

navyik wrote:What are you in for?

"Arrogance"
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:39 pm

"Me too... Wait I thought I wasn't in a..."

"Hey what's that on the right over there?"

The observer doesn't wait for a response.  The observer focuses on the exterior present.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:36 am

navyik wrote:"Me too... Wait I thought I wasn't in a..."

"Hey what's that on the right over there?"

The observer doesn't wait for a response.  The observer focuses on the exterior present.

The exterior present becomes the focus of the observer. It replaces the view of the inside of the black hole. It's like watching a movie while dreaming. You can see the remnants of the battlefield or other worlds if you wish to change channels.

Rasso comments, "Entertaining isn't it? Captivating even, if you stare long enough. But they are like the shadows on the walls of Plato's cave, are they not? They are no more real than these folks over here."

The channel seems to change rapidly. You see quick flashes of other lives - a rodian with a big gun, a warrior in red armor, a french trappeur, a wily street rogue, a dwarven priest behind a large shield.....
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:48 pm

What about this guy in the cage here? scratch
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:10 pm

navyik wrote:What about this guy in the cage here? scratch

Rasso: That is you, unfortunately. But it is no cage. The machine is all that is keeping you alive, you know.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:54 pm

Alarmed, "why, what's wrong with me?!"
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:46 pm

navyik wrote:Alarmed, "why, what's wrong with me?!"

Rasso: ah, of course, you don't remember anymore. as the brain dies, the memories degrade into fantasy.

Would you like a reminder of how you got here?
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:00 pm

I got here by flying through a portal during a Battle to protect a queen from a mad sorcerer... scratch
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:03 pm

navyik wrote:I got here by flying through a portal during a Battle to protect a queen from a mad sorcerer... scratch

Rasso: Yes, as I said, the memories degrade over time. Your brain is replaying your life, over and over and over. Your life is "flashing before your eyes". But once your brain reaches the final memory, it restarts the process. Your brain is going through its final death process and as it dies, the memories... degrade. The brain fills in the missing pieces with bits of subconscious imagination.

Would you like a reminder of your life?
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:06 pm

Sure.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:45 am

“Come on, dear, time to go the hospital for your first Chemo treatment.” She said in a calm and reassuring voice to her husband.

“Is it time already, Jan?” her husband asked, still laying on the couch. He was wearing his favorite Star Trek t-shirt with a stern-looking Klingon standing with his arms folded. “We have to pick up the kids, remember? They all want to be with you.”

She got her husband loaded into the family minivan. The inside of the minivan had safari-pattern seat covers. They left their country house and headed into the city.

“Where are they today?” the man asked, rolling down his window to get some fresh air. Ever since he started the radiation treatments, his stomach was sensitive to motion. Sometimes he got nauseous; other times it just put him to sleep.

Jan replied as she drove, “Oh, the usual…. Praxia is doing 4-H in the park…. Steve has pee-wee wrestling practice… Kor is at Science Club and Argul is at the library, probably on Skype with all his digital buddies in Japan or Australia or where ever today.” She chuckled, “I am just the chauffeur as always.”

“Is Steve wearing his Brick Rockman costume again?” The man asked feebly, his stomach turning south on him.

She laughed, “Haha, coach told him he had to wear proper wrestling gear – for his own safety.”

“Did Steve actually listen this time? He is usually off in his own world.”

Jan picked up Steve, their youngest boy, first. He was indeed wearing his Brick Rockman costume from last Halloween. It had a rip in the feather boa today. “Where’s Steve? I can’t find Steve. Brick, have you seen Steve?” she asked playfully. She knew that once he had on that costume, he would only answer to being called by his hero: BRICK ROCKMAN – SPACE WRESTLER!

Brick answered, “I lost Steve, Miss Elizabeth! I think he fell out the bus window on the way to school this morning. Will you be my manager today? I have a big match against MEGA-CLAW tonight!”

“Sure honey. Can we look for Steve later?” Jan replied with a wink.

Jan picked up Argul next. He came out of the library loaded down with a backpack full of new books. “Look what I found!” Argul proudly held up a copy of “28 ways to increase your psychic abilities”.

“I see…. so what I am thinking now, young man?” Jan asked her eldest son.

Argul squinted his eyes in concentration, “Um…. That you got me chicken nuggets! No? That… I should get in the Safari Van.”

“Amazing!” his mom replied with a wide grin.

Jan pulled up to the city park, to look for their middle child and only daughter. She could see the 4H group walking their pets on leashes. Most of the other kids had dogs. There were a couple cats, who didn’t seem happy about being on leashes. And then there was Praxia who was trying to leash-train her pet Iguana. Skree had climbed a tree in protest. Jan helped get Skree out of the tree and loaded them into the family “safari van” as the kids called it.

“Did you remember to bring Zang?” Praxia asked her mother.

“He’s in your seat pocket dear, just where you left him this morning.” Jan replied. The only thing Praxia loved as much as her pet lizard was an old rusty robot she named Zangular the Mechan. Praxia always pretended Zang and Skree lived in the same make-believe world of Ssyk. The history of how dinosaurs and robots lived together was a constantly-changing tale of aliens, space ships, and pyramids. Zang always spent the night with his best friend Skree in his terrarium.

Jan headed for the old jr. high building. Science Camp used the chemistry room. Korvaq was playing chess on the steps outside with one of his friends. His teacher was standing nearby and he didn’t look happy. Jan waved as she walked up the old cracked sidewalk. The teacher didn’t return the wave or say hello. “Kor started another fire today” he said sternly. Jan sighed, Korvaq did have an affinity for fire. Kor kept playing chess without looking up. The teacher continued, “He was combining Styrofoam cups from lunch with chemicals from the chemistry lab in a glass beaker. If I didn’t know better, I would say he was making some kind of napalm grenade. Kor is very bright, but he’s become a safety threat. I can’t allow him back for the rest of the summer. I am sorry.”

Jan tapped Kor’s shoulder. Kor followed his mother to the safari van silently. She knew how much science camp mean to him and being expelled was punishment enough.

Jan drove the safari van, with its colorful seat-covers, over a long bridge towards Salyut Clinic in downtown. Everyone was quietly looking out the windows or day dreaming for most of the ride. Her husband had dozed off in the seat next to her. He snored slightly, though he refused to admit it.

Jan heard Praxia make a loud growling sound from behind her in the backseat. “What’s wrong with Skree?” she asked her daughter.

“The 2 boys in the car next to us are mad-mugging me, mom! So Skree jumped out the window and landed on top of their car. He smashed them good!” Praxia was making Skree hop up and down in the window, pretending he was demolishing the enemy car.

Jan glanced over her shoulder but instead of seeing Praxia, she saw Steve, still dressed as Brick Rockman. Brick was flexing his muscles at a group of bikers out the other side window. She chuckled at her kids’ imaginations. When she turned her eyes back to the road, her heart jumped into her throat. Traffic ahead of her had stopped. She swerved sharply to the left to avoid slamming into them at full speed. She pressed her brakes as hard as she could, but couldn’t stop in time. She sideswipped the car with the 2 boys who were making faces at Praxia to her left. Both cars hit the cement divider on the bridge. Luckily, no one was seriously hurt, but the crash made quiet a mess. One of the bikers stopped and made sure they were all ok.

Everyone got an ambulance ride to the hospital, which the kids greatly enjoyed. Jan went with the kids to the ER while her husband headed upstairs to Oncology.

The nurses in the ER wanted to check the kids out. The ER was full of minor injuries from the traffic wreck.

There was a guy with a broken jaw that looked painful and another whose nose was bleeding. The kids had a few bumps and Praxia needed a couple stitches on her elbow. The nurse approached her with a gentle voice and needle to stitch up her arm. Jan watched in shock as Praxia jumped out of bed and started running around the ER like a crazed chicken. She was still carrying Skree, who looked confused, and Zang under her arms.

Steve jumped out of his bed, “Don’t worry sis, Brick Rockman will save you!” Steve began pulling blankets off the beds and tossing pillows.

Argul just laid in his bed and shook his head at his siblings’ antics. He was talking to an old man with a British accent in the bed next to him.

Korvaq slipped off his bed and disappeared in the chaos.

Praxia swung her metal robot Zang at the fire alarm lever on the wall. Sirens blazed, water sprayed from the ceiling and in the chaos that ensued, Praxia, Kor and Steve dashed out the ER. They were finally cornered in the hallway by a security guard named Rodgers and a handful of orderlies. Everyone finally got stitched up and were cleared to leave.

Jan and the kids, still dripping wet, went upstairs to find their father. They checked the Chemo treatment room, but he wasn’t there. They headed down the hallway to Dr. Rasso’s office. The door was closed but they could hear Dr. Rasso’s voice from inside. His voice went from a shout to an inaudible whisper. Jan didn’t like Dr. Rasso, but he was supposedly the best oncologist in the tri-state area. Her husband never wanted Jan to hear the details, but she opened the door anyways and went inside with the kids.

Dr. Rasso was lecturing her husband, “Your cancer has spread… I told you this was possible. You wanted to start with only the radiation treatment, remember? The Barium injection identified several spots of Chondrosarcoma. Do you remember that Golden Barium dye we injected you with? I told you at the time that we should be more aggressive, but you wanted to wait. Now the cancer has metastasized and spread through your blood to your spine, lungs and spleen. We have to attack it now, with a multi-dose of Chemotherapy and radiation treatment. I have developed a special treatment for aggressive Chondrosarcoma!”

Jan supported her husband, though she just wished he could be well again. “What’s the point of living if he is too tired and sick to participate in life, let alone enjoy it?” she wondered to herself.

Dr. Rasso went off on a loud rant about his research on cancer, different treatments, success rates, and survival outcomes without his treatment. Jan saw her husband’s defeated look. He hung his head and motioned for her to take the kids out to the hallway. She knew that he was going to consent to Dr. Rasso’s treatment plan.

Over the next several months, time seemed to slip away.

Jan took care of the kids by herself. The man barely got out of bed. He might make it as far as a swinging chair on the porch, but only if it was warm and sunny. It’s was like time was just passing him by without his notice. His body was being destroyed on two fronts by Dr. Rasso’s Chemotherapy and by the cancer eating him away organ by organ.

One warm day, Jan and the kids pulled up in the driveway after school. The man was asleep on the front porch. The kids went inside and Jan kneeled down by her husband. He awoke and looked lovingly at his wife. Jan was still beautiful to him. She was bathed in yellow sunlight and surrounded by the trees of their yard. She was his world, his entire universe. Lately she was like his mother as well - caring for him, the house, the kids – she was a mother to everything he cared about.

Jan still saw herself as his partner, his love, his wife. “My love, I miss you. I miss us. You have to stop this madness. This is no way to end your life. Either chose to FIGHT or stop all treatment and at least enjoy the time you have left with your family. We could just go to the beach house. You always loved it there. You said it was like Paradise.”

Jan hadn’t realized the children had come outside on the porch too. They were looking at their father, who was again wearing his favorite Klingon t-shirt.

“We want you to fight dad. Zang and Skree will help.” said Praxia.

“Maybe there is a way to burn the cancer out?” suggested Korvaq.

“We will fight with you, Brick Rockman never gives up!” said Steve, who had put on his Brick costume.

“I will use my psychic powers to heal you, dad” said a confident Argul.

“What’s it going to be, my love?” Jan asked her husband.

The man felt like giving up. He was so tired. He felt beaten, defeated. He could see how much his family loved him and wanted him to live. He looked down at his favorite t-shirt. The stern-faced Klingon stared back at him, challenging him to fight. He stood up quickly. His children took a step back in surprise as their dad hadn’t moved that fast in months. “I need your help! ”

Perhaps he just stood up too quickly or perhaps his body was finally failing. The man saw a black dot in front of his eyes. It grew larger and larger until it filled his vision. He felt light-headed, like he was about to faint. As the man lost consciousness it appeared to him as though he was falling into the black hole in front of his eyes. That is the last final memory.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:09 am

But what about the monsters, and the golden dust, and the portals, and the miracle of paradox?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:27 am

navyik wrote:But what about the monsters, and the golden dust, and the portals, and the miracle of paradox?

Rasso: as your memories degraded, the brain replaced them with bits of fantasy
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:08 pm

Hmmm.  But the fantasies seemed to provoke the monsters...
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:19 pm

navyik wrote:Hmmm.  But the fantasies seemed to provoke the monsters...

Rasso: The monsters are part of the fantasy. They replaced people being mean to the kids, for example. Mostly they are your brain's fantastic symbology for the cancer that is eating away at your body. The Xenomorphs need a human host, like cancer. They infect the host and reproduce more monsters. Your brain clearly sees them as a monster that is threatening your existence.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:08 pm

Then why was I defending them when I chose to fight?  And why are you here?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:56 pm

navyik wrote:Then why was I defending them when I chose to fight?  And why are you here?

Rasso: Good questions! Only you can really answer the first, as this was all in your imagination. If I had to guess... you see me as the villain in this story, even though I was only trying to help you in the best way that I know how. I was using my chemotherapy treatment, which you demonized as Necrons, to attack your cancer, the 'monsters' inside your body. You were mad at me for the way you felt while on the Chemo, so you wanted to "fight back against mean old Dr. Rasso". I suppose you figured that the enemy of your enemy is your friend? I don't know... your imaginary plan was to defeat the Necrons and try to 'draw Rasso out' if you recall. Instead you were drawn into a coma, which your brain saw as falling into a black hole.

Why am I here? For the same reasons above, you see me as the enemy, which I am not. I am at the hospital checking your body on life-support. So I suppose I am in control of the machine from that perspective. I often come into the room and talk to you, so you do hear my voice in your head, in whatever state you can perceive it.

I am not sure where you will go from here. I see only 2 real options: either your family decides to pull the plug on the machine and you die. Or... you find a way to wake up from the coma.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:02 pm

If I am Brick Rockman, then I am not smart enough to have this conversation.  If I am not Brick Rockman, then...

Is that my family up there?  Or is it just a trick?  The observer tenuously flirts with blending into the prisoner. scratch
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:28 am

navyik wrote:If I am Brick Rockman, then I am not smart enough to have this conversation.  If I am not Brick Rockman, then...

Is that my family up there?  Or is it just a trick?  The observer tenuously flirts with blending into the prisoner. scratch

Now there's some logic for ya! Brilliant roleplaying as always for this game.

The observer does feel like that is actually his family and his memories. There is an emotional surge that accompanies the memories - happiness, sadness, pride, love.

It does not seem like a trick. The memories of the normal life, in comparison to the fantasy settings, seem the most real.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:39 am

The observer tries to blend with his body.  "Can I still go back?"
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:44 am

navyik wrote:The observer tries to blend with his body.  "Can I still go back?"

can you clarify? I am not sure what you mean and I want to answer as best as I can. can you still go back... to where?
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:40 pm

To "real" life.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:48 pm

navyik wrote:To "real" life.

do you mean to wake the man up from the coma?
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:39 pm

Yes
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:14 pm

navyik wrote:Yes

aha!

that is the "prison of the mind"

use your creativity and the map above. the inside of the "black hole" on the map is also the inside of your brain while in a coma. finding a way off the map is the path to return of consciousness
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:17 pm

Was that a loop?  Back to the beginning of the exercise?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:26 pm

navyik wrote:Was that a loop?  Back to the beginning of the exercise?

in a way, I suppose, but now with a clearer (hopefully) understanding of why you are here, where "here" is and what is at stake to get out.

You have taken a slower, more exploratory path to this encounter. You began with esoteric questions as the observer. Others are still interacting with the map as the prime reality.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:25 pm

The observer tries to blend out of the prison.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:08 pm

navyik wrote:The observer tries to blend out of the prison.

interesting!

Ok, the inside of the black hole seems to dissolve away.  You are still the Observer.  You can hear the low hum of machines, intermittent hissing of the oxygen pump and an occasional beep from the blood-pressure monitor.   You seem to be floating in the air and looking at down at.....

Prison of the mind (Brick's cell) Coma_m10

The man is surround by a doctor that looks like Rasso, a wife and 4 kids.  One boy is reading a book in psychic powers, the girl has a toy robot and iguana, the smallest boy is dressed like Brick and the eldest is playing an electronic chess game.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:35 pm

Now he blends into his body.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:17 am

I am tempted to just say, ok, you are back in the Prison of the Mind.... womp, womp womp.

The body is paralyzed, the mind is trapped inside itself, etc.

You seem to have a plan here and did this on purpose, so explain to me:

why the man would wake up?

if he did wake up, would he be cured of his cancer somehow? or would he just die very shortly, but be conscious?

study I am fascinated by the way you used the mechanics of the game - blending - to escape. I want to support that tactic. Like a good round of Imrpov, "Yes, and...." and not just "no". So help me understand how you see this working from your end and it will fly!
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:33 pm

Even the "Paradise" is on the board, which is defined as inside the prison. So the observer has no interest in being anywhere on the board.  So blending out is a logical step.  Once "out" he finds his unconscious body, so he experiments with trying to wake it up because "escape" and consciousness have been equated in the instructions.  If that is not really the path, then maybe he is back in the prison to try another approach?  If a cure is the goal, maybe he can see and interact with what is going on in his body from this vantage point?  Can he bolster the necrons?  Can he fight the Xenomorphs?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:00 pm

yeah, I see what you are saying! Ok, very good. you have escaped, well done. cheers

I look at it this way:

main goal = escape, return to consciousness. CHECK!

bonus objective = cure thyself

Do you still want to blend back into the body immediately?

or attempt another action? I think either bolstering the necrons or fighting the xenos directly are 2 sides of the same coin.

other pieces in the room - Dr. Rasso, wife, 4 kids. patient's body

navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:42 am

Brick Rockman returns to the battle map.  This time he appears as a child, but he is somehow just as powerful as before.  His mirror images appear as a family of superheroes who together Attack the Queen xeno.  They then will blend through the prison attacking xenos.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:49 pm