Dropbox - http://www.dropbox.com/

Open Office - http://www.openoffice.org/

5 posters

Bloody Zombies!

Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Bloody Zombies! - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Bloody Zombies! - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    Bloody Zombies! - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Bloody Zombies! - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Bloody Zombies! - Page 2 Empty Re: Bloody Zombies!

Post  Robyo Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:25 pm

Preacher flaps his angelic wings and descends down to just above the car. Is it moving?

He takes aim with the shotgun at the group of zombies. Pellets loaded, he fires both barrels.

Attk: 19 + 9 +1(Point Blank Shot) -4(x2 barrels) = 25 to Touch AC
    Dam: 8 + 8 + 2(magic) +1(PBS) = 19 B and P damage.

*Surprised at my rolls today!

As a scatter weapon, Preacher should get some cone effect on the zombie spread.

"Pellets: A handful of pellets, along with a dose of black powder, is commonly used as ammunition for one-handed and two-handed firearms with the scatter weapon quality, though rocks or other small bits of hard material can be used in the pellets' place. Using anything other than pellets or alchemical cartridges when firing off a cone attack with a scatter weapon increases the weapon's misfire range by 1 (though this increase can be removed by switching back to standard ammunition)."

"Advanced Firearms: Advanced firearms resolve their attacks against touch AC when the target is within the first five range increments, but this type of attack is not considered a touch attack for the purposes of feats such as Deadly Aim. At higher range increments, the attack resolves normally, including taking the normal cumulative –2 penalty for each full-range increment. Advanced firearms have a maximum range of 10 range increments."
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Bloody Zombies! - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue19/19Bloody Zombies! - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    Bloody Zombies! - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1/0Bloody Zombies! - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:56 pm

Before we conclude this, what "group" do you mean. Feel free to alter your action based on the below information

My apologies all: Borders: Black - dead/down, Red - free to attack, Blue - Grappled
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Bloody Zombies! - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue35/35Bloody Zombies! - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:18 am

When a scatter weapon attacks all creatures within a cone, it makes a separate attack roll against each creature within the cone. Each attack roll takes a –2 penalty, and its attack damage cannot be modified by precision damage or damage-increasing feats such as Vital Strike. Effects that grant concealment, such as fog or smoke, or the blur, invisibility, or mirror image spells, do not foil a scatter attack. If any of the attack rolls threaten a critical, confirm the critical for that attack roll alone. A firearm that makes a scatter shot misfires only if all of the attack rolls made misfire. If a scatter weapon explodes on a misfire, it deals triple its damage to all creatures within the misfire radius.

so it's a separate attack roll (at -2) for each mob in the cone, but it doesn't define the size or range of the cone
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Bloody Zombies! - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue19/19Bloody Zombies! - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    Bloody Zombies! - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1/0Bloody Zombies! - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:29 am

That's correct but the cone is 20'. That's the range increment listed for a "Advanced Shotgun" so that would make semi-logical sense. Solid shots would be different, of course.

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Bloody Zombies! - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue35/35Bloody Zombies! - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:38 am

just curious how you see it...

so a 20 ft cone would look like this?

each X is a 5ft hex\square

X X X X
    .X X X
    . X X
    .  X
    .  ^
    Preacher
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:03 am

yep. Makes sense for a buckshot round
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:19 am

whit10 wrote:Before we conclude this, what "group" do you mean.  Feel free to alter your action based on the below information

My apologies all: Borders: Black - dead/down, Red - free to attack, Blue - Grappled

Okay, that screws up my plan. I thought red was down, black was at full.

Why not just take the dead zombies off the board?

Okay, retcon Preacher's move action so he's at 1311 (10' up).

He wants to catch as many of the zombies in the cone as possible (blue ones - grappled, and red). How many can he catch in the cone? How many more attacks should I roll?

Maybe overlay the cone graphic and we can figure it out too. Preacher gets a +1 attk/dam in the first 30'. He's at -4 already for firing 2 barrels. Does that increase the spread?
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:54 pm

That's why I said you could adjust your action accordingly. I leave corpses on the board because there could be a reason to do so. Since black borders didn't show up until several were down, I figured everyone had seen that.  My bad, sorry.

So... The shotgun deal....

Something like this?  Looks like you can hit four - provided your at or near street level

Bloody Zombies! - Page 2 Trento20
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:42 am

That looks good, but I requested Preacher to go to 1311 (10' up). So would need to angle the cone appropriately. He wants to catch all 5 (blues) in the blast.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:21 am

whit10 wrote: I leave corpses on the board because there could be a reason to do so.

that comment did not go unnoticed.... it makes Dok wary. Is there a necromancer about?? scratch
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:12 pm

Like this Rob?

Bloody Zombies! - Page 2 Trento21
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:43 am

whit10 wrote:Like this Rob?

Bloody Zombies! - Page 2 Trento21

Yes, perfect, thanks! And it looks like he still gets his PBS bonus.

I misread the rules earlier. Had Preacher been firing double slugs, then he'd incur the -4 penalty. With pellet it's only -2 per target. Please add +2 to the attack posted earlier.

2nd attack) 9 + 10 - 2 = 17. If that's a hit: 8 + 8 + 1 = 17 damage.
    3rd) 8 + 10 - 2 = 16; 1 + 2 + 1 = 4 damage.
    4th) 14 + 10 - 2 = 22; 8 + 6 + 1 = 15 damage.
    5th) 14 + 10 - 2 = 22; 3 + 3 + 1 = 7 damage.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:43 pm

all rounds hit... but I'm a bit confused. How did you get the multiple attacks? Isn't it a double barrel shotgun? Rapid Reload drops that to a move action at best, I believe. Please clarify.

That being said, the first two shots are not in dispute and both hit the group of zombies, causing considerable damage (hope you all don't care about your clothes, lol)

I will update the map after the zombies go and this thing with the number of shots is figured out.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:13 pm

Chris wrote:When a scatter weapon attacks all creatures within a cone, it makes a separate attack roll against each creature within the cone. Each attack roll takes a –2 penalty, and its attack damage cannot be modified by precision damage or damage-increasing feats such as Vital Strike. Effects that grant concealment, such as fog or smoke, or the blur, invisibility, or mirror image spells, do not foil a scatter attack. If any of the attack rolls threaten a critical, confirm the critical for that attack roll alone. A firearm that makes a scatter shot misfires only if all of the attack rolls made misfire. If a scatter weapon explodes on a misfire, it deals triple its damage to all creatures within the misfire radius.

so it's a separate attack roll (at -2) for each mob in the cone, but it doesn't define the size or range of the cone
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Bloody Zombies! - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue68/68Bloody Zombies! - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:35 pm

30' come in ultimate combat. Generous spread for buckshot if you ask me, (someone who has been on the business end of buckshot). Should be a 5' x40' line...
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:41 pm

I always thought a shotgun should do like 3-5d6 damage, but divided among the targets in a small cone, so if you hit only 1 target at 5ft away, they take a huge blast, or you could hit a couple targets but for much less damage

seems like a lot of rolls, but c'est la vie
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Bloody Zombies! - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue68/68Bloody Zombies! - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:43 pm

Use the LBX damage rules from battletech...
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:50 pm

yeah, forget my post. I'll get the new post up tonight.

Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:00 pm

Sorry for the confusion. I rolled for each individual zombie, not iterative attacks.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:21 pm

Those are all vs. Touch AC, so all attacks hit (those zombies are grappled as well).

Two go down from earlier damage. (edged in black)

Remaining zombies go...

Four zombies attempt to break free...

Two succeed and two fail.

Dok - AoO on the one coming at you. There is also one moving through the web at you... he seems larger and stronger than the rest (just the body anyway, and he made three CMB checks) - choose which one you want for the AoO then I'll resolve the rest of their attacks.

Preacher - two seem intent on you after the shotgun blasts. One jumps onto the top of the stairs leading to the building to the south... the other one attempts to follow him but gets caught in the Web.

Map is current pending Dok and two remaining Zombies.

Bloody Zombies! - Page 2 Trento22

My apologies for the slow pace... I've been pretty busy the last few days. I will endeavor to pick up the pace.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:04 pm

AoO on the one that could possibly reach me

Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +12" :

20 + 12 = 32

cheers

check to confirm

18 + 12 = 30

32 is also the TRIP vs his CMD

damage:
    Result of the throw of dice "2d8 +12" :

1 + 8 + 12 = 21
    + trip chance

Dok catches the meteor hammer around his forearm to shorten the length as the zombie draws near. He then spins to his left to un-wind the tension built up and unleashes the meteor head towards the approaching zombies legs.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:24 pm

Nice!

The zombie is tripped and is mostly a bloody mess now (though still moving).

The other one attempts to attack you (both could reach you but only one would get a full attack - the tripped one).

One claw attack on you:

25 - that's a hit.

10 damage to Dok.

I will finish this round in a bit. Kinda busy this afternoon
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:30 pm

Dok loses -10 temp HP

Chris wrote:
    I am assuming it is a new day, so I will reroll his morning False Life
    Result of the throw of dice "1d10 +9" :

5 + 9 = 14

4 remaining

updated stat block
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:43 pm

I have removed the "dead" zombies to have better clarity.

Two of the victims that were dead when you came out start to moan and rise (they will not get actions until the next round).

Perception checks from all please, then we will proceed to the next round.

Bloody Zombies! - Page 2 Trento23
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:48 pm

Perception check

3 + 12 = 15

and I forgot this earlier, until I looked for perception, I have the following oracle curse

Clouded Vision: Your eyes are obscured, making it difficult for you to see. You cannot see anything beyond 30 feet, but you can see as if you had darkvision. At 5th level, this distance increases to 60 feet. At 10th level, you gain blindsense out to a range of 30 feet. At 15th level, you gain blindsight out to a range of 15 feet.

I don't think it would have affected much so far (maybe seeing the storm clearly)

so I have a vision limit of 60ft with darkvision
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:50 pm

Preacher perception: 20 + 10 = 30 Shocked
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:53 pm

Olistaff
    AC 18 (mage armor)
    Hp 88

Atticus
    AC 21
    Hp 44

The web DC is 20

Perception 15+19=34
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:01 pm

Since it probably won't matter that much, I'll just proceed and Matt can make his perception roll when he chimes in next (no worries Matt)

All of you hear some commotion from the room in the hotel that you had just left - several gun shots.

Bloody Zombies! - Page 2 Trento24

Top of round 3.

Olistaff - 18
    Dak - 12
    Trig- 9
    Preacher - 8
    Zombies - 4
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:12 pm

As a move action, Oli levitates back up to the window. What does he see?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:21 pm

I love the mobility of this group!
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:07 pm

Olistaff sees Konrad finish emptying his two pistols towards the doorway leading out of the building. De Genovisi is on the ground, not moving.

Any further actions? (I'm not going to put the room in here as a map, it shouldn't be necessary)

navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:13 pm

Casting detect undead.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:13 pm

Nothing but what is around you on the street.

Dok is up.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:04 pm

Atticus will fly in the window and attempt to cure light wounds on the fallen priest with a wand.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:29 pm

he does this and it seems to have no effect
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Bloody Zombies! - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue60/112Bloody Zombies! - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:08 am

Trig perception =
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +11" :

5 + 11 = 16
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:28 am

whit10 wrote:Nothing but what is around you on the street.

Dok is up.

what is the condition of the 2 nearest Dok?

I think 1 was tripped but what about apparent health\damage or was 1 bigger?
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:04 pm

Trig hears the gunshots from upstairs.

Dok -

one is tripped - 10' from you, the other one is right next to you and has damage but not very much from the looks of him.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:09 pm

As a swift action, Dok will cast (as a Pal) Grace

School abjuration; Level cleric 2, paladin 1
    Casting Time 1 swift action
    Components V
    Range personal
    Target you
    Duration see text

Until the end of your turn, your movement does not provoke attacks of opportunity.

under the Swift action rules

Casting a spell as a swift action doesn't incur an attack of opportunity.

Dok will move to 1208 (no AoO)

CMB to move through web, DC 20

20 + 12 = 32

and channel divine energy as an Oracle (4)

DC to resist = 10 + 2 (1/2 level) + 8 (cha) + 1 (background) = 21

channel is a 30ft burst, centered on Dok, which looks to hit every remaining zombie + any undead that I can't see

divine damage
    Result of the throw of dice "4d6" :

1 + 5 + 5 + 4 = 15

Dok whirls his meteor hammer overhead threatening any remaining zombies, "Come at me, you rotting flesh bags!"
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:07 pm

Are there still some survivors down on the street by Preacher, Dok, and the zombies? People in the cars? People on foot?
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:38 pm

you actually have to make a CMB check for each 5' of Web you move through

I'll resolve damage after you reply.

To answer you Rob, no, the survivors have run like hell in the opposite direction
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:17 pm

whit10 wrote:To answer you Rob, no, the survivors have run like hell in the opposite direction

Good to know!

Is it Trig's turn?
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:21 pm

I'm just resolving Chris's action and then it will be Trig's turn
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:43 pm

whit10 wrote:you actually have to make a CMB check for each 5' of Web you move through

that is not what the spell description says

Anyone moving through the webs must make a combat maneuver check or Escape Artist check as part of their move action, with a DC equal to the spell's DC. Creatures that fail lose their movement and become grappled in the first square of webbing that they enter.

it reads as 1 check per move action
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:23 pm

I realize that but that doesn't make any sense. You're moving through the space that it occupies. Each space is difficult terrain. Unless you have Spider Climb or Freedom of Movement, you would have to check on each space.

...and that's what I've been doing with my zombies. Smile
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:48 pm

Because it's just a game. That seems like a whole lot of rolling. 1 roll can represent all efforts in 1 rd.

Whatever, you're the GM

7 + 12 = 19

8 + 12 = 20

11 + 12 = 23
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:01 pm

sorry bro. This one is on the message boards for what it's worth, that's how they see it too.

I believe that you failed one of those rolls, Dok is stuck for right now.

Trig is up.

Bloody Zombies! - Page 2 Trento25
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:35 am

whit10 wrote:sorry bro.  This one is on the message boards for what it's worth, that's how they see it too.

Ok, just please tell us any other rules\spells you are changing.

Dok is stuck, but he still gets his channel. It still hits all the zombies except the one at 1710
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:54 am

Chris wrote:
    whit10 wrote:sorry bro.  This one is on the message boards for what it's worth, that's how they see it too.

Ok, just please tell us any other rules\spells you are changing.  

Dok is stuck, but he still gets his channel.  It still hits all the zombies except the one at 1710

Message boards can be wrong. The spell says "Anyone moving through the webs must make a combat maneuver check or Escape Artist check as part of their move action". As a CM check to break free is a standard action and you can't make multiple CM checks without special feats.
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Bloody Zombies! - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue60/112Bloody Zombies! - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:06 pm

I'll throw this out there, once, because sticking to RAW is important for forum gaming where communication is limited. This rule is very clearly written. It states a save condition and a fail consequence. We are all native English speakers, so we know that the word "a" refers to a singular action.

"Anyone moving through the webs must make a combat maneuver check or Escape Artist check as part of their move action, with a DC equal to the spell's DC. Creatures that fail lose their movement and become grappled in the first square of webbing that they enter."

Not only is the language clear, but if you rolled every time you entered a new square, the fail consequence would not make any sense. With a 30 ft move through webs, you could move through 5 squares making every save, then fail on your 6th, and you'd be teleported back to the first square? No, you make "a" (which means singular) roll, a pass means you are good, a fail means you are stuck where you enter.

GM's call, of course, but my recommendation is always to stick to clear RaW, and this rule is clear.

I'll post up Trig's action a little later.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 8:56 pm