navyik
Josef909
6 posters

collaborative world building concept

whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    collaborative world building concept - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue19/19collaborative world building concept - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    collaborative world building concept - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue1/0collaborative world building concept - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

collaborative world building concept - Page 3 Empty Re: collaborative world building concept

Post  whit10 Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:34 pm

yeah, it's more of a military history/common sense thing to me...

and I like to argue about weapons. cheers
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    collaborative world building concept - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue35/35collaborative world building concept - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    collaborative world building concept - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/0collaborative world building concept - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

collaborative world building concept - Page 3 Empty Re: collaborative world building concept

Post  Chris Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:10 am

whit10 wrote:yeah, it's more of a military history/common sense thing to me...

and I like to argue about weapons. cheers

right, like it's common sense that you cannot throw a thermal detonator with an unstable liquid core clown
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    collaborative world building concept - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/0collaborative world building concept - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:05 pm

Any thoughts and when this might kick off?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    collaborative world building concept - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue35/35collaborative world building concept - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:37 pm

Robyo wrote:Any thoughts and when this might kick off?

you are now the 2nd person that has asked Razz

I think Josh is also finished and Alan was at least partially ready last time I checked.

I would be willing to start a small group.

I had asked for a vote and Rob, Alan, Josh (those with characters) all replied.  The outcome was a soft 2 to 1 for Planar Law Enforcement and 3:0 for getting the band together.

I will get this up and running in the next couple days.  If anyone is currently working, in any capacity, for law enforcement please update your profile.  I know Josh is working for his god\pharoah's interests.

Homework for the party:  3 amigos

each character has established 3 contacts\friends\allies over the course of their time going from level 1 to 8.  Please write a SHORT backstory for who they are, how you met, what they can do and why you help each other.   A picture is always great!  add them to your character page (not here).   These are people that will help you and may ask for your help in return.  They are not your henchmen or lackeys.  They will not go on combat missions with you.   However, you have built a mutual trust over the years.

1) must be a law enforcement contact from your home plane, or wherever you currently call home

2) a criminal or merchant type from a plane that is not your home

3) free choice

by SHORT, I mean something like....

1) Corporate Detective Hoshi used to bust me (at low levels) when I was running guns from New Tsian (high tech city) to Capadocia (underground city).  I would tip him off on my competition's dealings and in exchange he would let me go.  He got his arrest quota and I got out of jail free.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:08 pm

Good example and great idea! I have a few notions already, but the guidelines will help focus them.

I will post more concrete details on my page, but for now:
    Ghost has been in Night City for several months. He has a girlfriend in town who got him some work with a private investigation business. Ghost is tasked with "questionable" runs, mostly for gaining evidence. He's won't do extortions or wetwork. He hopes to open up his own PI company one day.

Allies:
    1- Lead dick in the PI biz (Night City)
    2- His girlfriend, also a street samurai (Plane of Demons, yes she's demon blooded)
    3- A fellow expat from the Corp (the Barrens, and like Ghost, he was also a "project" and gone a little mad)
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    collaborative world building concept - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue60/112collaborative world building concept - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:29 pm

Really digging this, and would like to jump on board, but not while I am GMing. I'll probably post up some material just for fun, and maybe get in down the road.

A few ideas:

A grave priest from the Necroburb. (Cleric...looking at a few twists)

A Terminator style combat bot (Monk/Psionic combo!)

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:10 pm

Robyo wrote:Good example and great idea! I have a few notions already, but the guidelines will help focus them.

I will post more concrete details on my page, but for now:
    Ghost has been in Night City for several months. He has a girlfriend in town who got him some work with a private investigation business. Ghost is tasked with "questionable" runs, mostly for gaining evidence. He's won't do extortions or wetwork. He hopes to open up his own PI company one day.

Allies:
    1- Lead dick in the PI biz (Night City)
    2- His girlfriend, also a street samurai (Plane of Demons, yes she's demon blooded)
    3- A fellow expat from the Corp (the Barrens, and like Ghost, he was also a "project" and gone a little mad)

cheers Night City is the street slang name for New Tsian (high tech part of Meta City) That's a great name! It's funny, because I already had planned on New Tsian being in a permanent twilight due to pollution and always awash in a neon glow.

the rest sounds good!
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:12 pm

MAS wrote:Really digging this, and would like to jump on board, but not while I am GMing. I'll probably post up some material just for fun, and maybe get in down the road.

A few ideas:

A grave priest from the Necroburb. (Cleric...looking at a few twists)

A Terminator style combat bot (Monk/Psionic combo!)

Yeah, I figured as much. No problem joining later. I will post more details shortly, this week suddenly got crazy busy! This story is not character-dependent. People can come and go as they please. Nobody has plot armor and death is a real threat.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:04 pm

navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    collaborative world building concept - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue68/68collaborative world building concept - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:44 pm

I'm not sure how quickly I will be ready. Not too much longer though.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:43 am

navyik wrote:I'm not sure how quickly I will be ready.  Not too much longer though.

no worries, as I told Matt, people can come\go as needed
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:17 pm

The Road goes ever on and on
    Down from the door where it began

https://lodgestgaming.forumotion.com/t375-and-whither-then-i-cannot-say#19341

the story begins for Rob and Josh. anyone else is welcome to join when they finish a character
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:31 pm

Chris wrote:Planes travel and incongruity rules:

What happens when a mage goes onto a high tech\low magic plane? or when a cyberpunk visits a low tech plane?

If a character has abilities tied to a certain quality (magic, tech, social, divine) and they visit a plane with a lower value, they risk losing their abilities and becoming "disconnected" from their home plane.

After 1 long rest, the character suffers DISADVANTAGE on all rolls related to the incongruous abilities.

After 1 long rest per level, they lose all access to use those abilities until they return to their home (or similar level) plane.

Also, NB (note well) these rules do NOT apply in Meta City or near the Road that connects the planes. These rules only apply if you leave the area of the Road (which is why Meta City is not affected) and really go deep into the plane itself.

study GM explanation study

This is more of a world-flavor thing and not really meant to hinder the PCs (unless you really go off the Road and deep into a plane). PCs can rest on\near the Road and be fine. This feeds the idea of short "shadow runs" because you really don't get a full chance to take a long rest. Short rests are fine.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:38 am

my bad, let's move rules discussions out of the story thread

Robyo wrote:
    Chris wrote:
    Robyo wrote:
    Ok cool. On a job like this Ghost would use the device for recording or transferring data.

If it matters, he would have gotten the comlink from a fixer, and with a fake SIN (system ID number). Charge for black market?

You could do this one of 2 ways:

1) Burner SIN card, not really a counterfeit (meaning you are not pretending to be someone else) just a SIN# that doesn't go anywhere. Companies today sell burner cell phones, burner email, burner text.... if you trace it, it just goes to some company in Canada. That you can get at Walmart, no extra charge.

2) a true black-market, forged\counterfeit SIN# that goes to someone else and\or that can be changed over time. Using SW rules as a guide, but considering the lower bonus numbers in 5e, an item that gave a +1 equipment bonus (not magical) would be a big deal in 5e. In 5e it would be created\altered using Forgery Tools.

I would price a "master-craft" Forged fake SIN# at 300 which would give a +1 bonus to Deception or Stealth checks for the device to be tracked or identified (plus prof bonus if applicable and skill check).

Go with option 2 sounds good. I will pay the 300 cred.

Stealth and Deception seem plausible for hiding my data trail. Also, an Investigation (Intelligence) check might be for searching data on the matrix.

What about some kind of Scrying ability? Maybe once/day? Or is that overpowered?

right, someone else might use Investigation to try and trace your signal electronically, which would be countered by your (electronic) stealth to hide your trail or deception to pretend to be someone else (false ID, misleading trail, etc)

something like Scrying could certainly work too, but that really starts to fall into the magic item category or at least into scrolls of XYZ for limited uses.

I could definitely see buying\finding a master-crafted datapad with +1 to investigation (equipment bonus) on the black market. that would be considerably more expensive though, since it has much broader uses. it would also be harder to find
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:54 pm

sorry for the delay this weekend. we were busy decorating and taking the kids to see a modern Nutcrakcer (half hip hop, half ballet)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:05 am