Dropbox - http://www.dropbox.com/

Open Office - http://www.openoffice.org/

4 posters

Chapter 3: mad science

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Chapter 3:  mad science Left_bar_bleue35/35Chapter 3:  mad science Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Chapter 3:  mad science Left_bar_bleue0/0Chapter 3:  mad science Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Chapter 3:  mad science Empty Chapter 3: mad science

Post  Chris Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:46 am

Mime, Ghost and Menkaure follow Cion through the streets of Rata Sum.  They pass through marketplaces and over  suspended bridges.  There are tropical trees and flowers decorating every corner of the floating city.  The party can hear the sounds of the ocean below them.

Chapter 3:  mad science 800px-10

Chapter 3:  mad science Gw2_ra11

Cion leads the party towards a large pyramid

Chapter 3:  mad science Gw2_ra10

you pass under a glowing display

Chapter 3:  mad science Ratasu10

and into his lab

Chapter 3:  mad science Flubbe10

the party is safe to rest here.  Cion provides food and shelter for the night.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Chapter 3:  mad science Left_bar_bleue68/68Chapter 3:  mad science Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Chapter 3:  mad science Left_bar_bleue0/0Chapter 3:  mad science Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Chapter 3:  mad science Empty Re: Chapter 3: mad science

Post  navyik Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:42 pm

Mime
    AC 17
    Cloak of Displacement:
    Attackers are disadvantaged to Attack Mime
    Hp 96/96

Initiative +3 (Advantage)
    Mime's party is never surprised

Passive Perception: 15(18 in the city)

Spells
    1) 4
    2) 2
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:43 pm

"This land is quite beautiful," remarks Ghost. He does not add how the lab gives him the creeps. Too many bad memories of the corp's laboratory.

Nonetheless, he takes a long rest.

Ghost
    AC 18 (studded leather combat suit)
    Hp 96/96
    Temp HP: 0
    Remaining HD: 8d10
    Pass Perc: 14
    Initiative +5
    Action Surge: 1
    Fighting Spirit: 3/3
    Condition: Ronin
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Chapter 3:  mad science Left_bar_bleue19/19Chapter 3:  mad science Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    Chapter 3:  mad science Left_bar_bleue1/0Chapter 3:  mad science Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:43 pm

Menkaure will use up his lay on hands for the day before the rest to make sure everyone is full strength
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Chapter 3:  mad science Left_bar_bleue35/35Chapter 3:  mad science Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:49 am

The party wakes up restored after a long rest (do your own maths)

Chapter 3:  mad science Old_wi13

Cion looks like he hasn't slept much, as he was up working all night.  He groggily reports his progress, "I have determined that the enemy, whoever they really are, is using a micro-burst transmission which masquerades as a low density gravometric pulse wavelength.  It is somewhere between .2343332 gh\z and .3485756 gh\z.  I have created a flux amplifier to ping for the source of the signal and identify the master control tower.  I can then hack into their broadcast node and disable the system.  However, as soon as I begin hacking into the node, they will likely notice my presence and send a response team to neutralize the threat.  I am very efficient - I estimate it will take me between 30 and 60 seconds (5-10 turns) for me to disable the tower once I am inside their network.  Can you protect me for that time?"

study basically, once Cion finds the tower, the party will have to protect him for at least 5 turns.  Cion needs to make 5 successful rolls using "hacking tools" for which he is proficient, against a scaling DC, as he hacks the broadcast tower.  He could succeed in as few as 5 turns, but there is no guarantee.  If Cion is killed or his computer destroyed, the mission is a failure.  Enemy response will come in continuing waves to stop him until their broadcast tower is hacked or he is stopped.

The party can setup whatever defensive measures they want, once they find the tower, before he begins his hacking rolls.

Questions?
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Chapter 3:  mad science Left_bar_bleue68/68Chapter 3:  mad science Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:42 pm

"Excuse me Mr. Cion," Mime asks in his usual awkwardly diplomatic tone. "I think we all appreciate your interest and involvement with this mission, but may I ask why you have watched and studied this matter?"

Mime watches for operator information calls for "Yoshi" as usual.  If the plan goes south he may need to call in some backup from Sgt. Blidd...
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:48 pm

navyik wrote:"Excuse me Mr. Cion," Mime asks in his usual awkwardly diplomatic tone. "I think we all appreciate your interest and involvement with this mission, but may I ask why you have watched and studied this matter?"

Mime watches for operator information calls for "Yoshi" as usual.  If the plan goes south he may need to call in some backup from Sgt. Blidd...

Cion blinks his bleary eyes in confusion, "Huh? Watched and studied... no, no. I figured this out last night while you were sleeping. I just noticed it yesterday in the market. If these spider bots can take control of our golems, all of Rata Sum is in danger! and the police are.... well.... I'll be polite and say incompetent to deal with such a serious threat. They do best at directing traffic."
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:06 pm

any other questions or things you want to do to prepare?

I will probably wait for Rob's fight to end, so we don't have 2 running at once

if nothing else, I will get you guys the map and you can start planning your defenses
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:03 pm

"Oh, I see... so what is your usual work?". Mime is genuinely curious, like a child.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:18 pm

navyik wrote:"Oh, I see... so what is your usual work?". Mime is genuinely curious, like a child.

Chapter 3:  mad science Old_wi13

Cion perks up at the interest in his work, "I study, that is to say, I attempt to study, what I refer to as a Situation of Gravity, if you follow me.  I mainly intended to discuss the major questions related to the subject of  pioneering work on the construction of a specific model of a renormalizable quantum field theory on such a so-called “θ−deformed” space-time. It also describes the relation of the model to multi-scale matrix construct of the planar forces connecting Meta City......"

Cion points to various models he has built in his lab.

"Despite much work it is fair to say that my goal has not yet been reached. In this short contribution I shall attempt to give a concise *summary* of the *situation* from my point of view. ....."

He goes through several rows of tubes and beakers containing a strangely dense liquid material.

Chapter 3:  mad science Flubbe10

"  So, then.... Why is this problem of interest? What are the main difficulties? What is the Situation of Gravity?  

In attempting to explain the multiverse when using generalized Maxwell equations in order to describe the behaviour of a neutral
    electromagnetically bound system made up of charged particles this neutral system will violate the UFF. Therefore..... also the requirement of the UFF
    forces the Maxwell equations to be of a certain structure. 3.4.4.  I found that the EEP implies the ordinary equations of motion for the physical system under
    consideration."

He pauses, unsure if the audience is following his train of thought

" In Summary....  All kinds of experimental tests have to be improved.  Perhaps after this experiment, well, this isn't really an experiment, it's a mission, then?  Perhaps, you can you can help me test some of my research?"

study bonus points if anyone catches the obscure reference study
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Chapter 3:  mad science Left_bar_bleue19/19Chapter 3:  mad science Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    Chapter 3:  mad science Left_bar_bleue1/0Chapter 3:  mad science Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:30 pm

Menkaure (much like myself) will just nod like he knows what the hell was just said. drunken
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:45 pm

whit10 wrote:Menkaure (much like myself) will just nod like he knows what the hell was just said. drunken

the chapter is called "mad science" jocolor
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:24 pm

"With blood and steel I will defend your life during this difficult task. This I swear as a ronin!" He bows.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:25 pm

"I will protect you as I protect the city."

"I won't pretend to understand your research completely, but my work in road inspection does lend some familiarity.
    If we live through this, you might consider applying for a research grant with the department of road management.  Metacity space-time multidimensional politics is complicated, but road resource expansion tends to fast-track funding and bypass red-tape.  It gets you out of district review and puts the decision under departmental executive purview."

He reminds me of Rasso...
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:20 pm

navyik wrote:"I will protect you as I protect the city."

"I won't pretend to understand your research completely, but my work in road inspection does lend some familiarity.
    If we live through this, you might consider applying for a research grant with the department of road management.  Metacity space-time multidimensional politics is complicated, but road resource expansion tends to fast-track funding and bypass red-tape.  It gets you out of district review and puts the decision under departmental executive purview."

He reminds me of Rasso...

Cion takes notes about the DoRM info.

nah, he's not Rasso 2.0  
    he is a good-natured, if eccentric-minded, professor alien

it's true, they were both interested in gravity, but that just reflects the GM's own interests. a "Situation of Gravity" is not a reference to Rasso, but to the professor and his lab (the picture was chosen specifically). you will understand soon enough
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:27 pm

the party will set up on the star, near Cion

part of his 10 rolls will be to triangulate the source of the signal, then hack into the security system broadcast antenna\control tower and finally neutralize it

let me know starting positions and anything you want to do as prep.  remember there is an expected threat response and the mission objective is to protect Cion for at least 10 turns.

Chapter 3:  mad science 1rata_10

the streets of Rata Sum are winding and lined with trees.  some trees even grow on top of buildings.  some buildings are open-air structures, like market shops, etc.  there are lots of civilians around, but for ease of map use, I am keeping them off the map unless they are needed
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:15 pm

Menkaure will stay within 5' of Cion at all times to keep him alive and defended.

Start me directly to his right
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:59 pm

I fully support Josh's declaration.

Mime could deploy initially as a sniper to provide overwatch and crowd control. Can you give relative heights of buildings and which ones have rooftops? Mime would prefer a roost in the same quadrant of the map.

Chapter 3:  mad science The-sn10
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:21 pm

Chapter 3:  mad science 1rata_11

building heights added

if it looks like ruins, it is an open-air stall and doesn't have a roof.  the buildings with solid floors have a roof

lets call the trees all at 40ft so they generally block LOS

**EDIT - dang that yellow looked better in PP

is red better?

Chapter 3:  mad science 1rata_12
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:17 pm

Ghost will start at G-17. He is an excellent sniper too, but feels he can better protect the geek if he stays close.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:05 pm

Robyo wrote:Ghost will start at G-17. He is an excellent sniper too, but feels he can better protect the geek if he stays close.

"I have a have a 1 hour bio-electrical boost scramble", (long-strider scroll), "if you would like to be faster to reach threats quickly..."
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:27 am

"Sure, sounds fun!"
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:40 am

map updated

just track buffs in your stat blocks, please

Chapter 3:  mad science 1rata_13

go ahead and roll initiative

I will still delay just a bit to let Rob's fight finish
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:26 pm

Mime
    AC 17
    Cloak of Displacement:
    Hp 96/96

Spells
    1) 4
    2) 2

Initiative:
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +3" :

18 + 3 = 21

Mime watches mostly the north and east to give ghost and Menkaure the ability to focus on the west and south. He briefly checks the other firing lanes in turn, but always returns to the north and east.

Last edited by navyik on Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:07 pm

Ghost
    Hp 96/96
    Initiative +5
    Speed: 30'; *1 hour: 40'

*Bio-electric boost (Longstrider spell)

Initiative: 6 + 5 = 11

whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:08 pm

Menkaure Initiative:

Roll(1d20)+3:
    8,+3
    Total:11

AC: 17
    Initiative: +3
    Movement: 30’
    HP: 88
    Prof. Bonus: +3

Cast Shield of Faith on Cion - 10 minutes of +2 to AC

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:44 am

ROUND 1

Initiative

Mime 21

Ghost 11
    Menkaure 11

Cion 10

Cion
    spd 25
    AC 14 +2 = 16
    HP  50\50

go ahead and make any declarations for "readied" actions or do whatever else you want for your first turn, since Cion is last

Cion will make his first Computer Tools rolls for his turn
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:16 pm

Ghost
    Hp 96/96
    Initiative +5

Ghost already took the boost. He is on guard, alert, holding his SMG.

Last edited by Robyo on Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:18 pm

Mime
    AC 17
    Cloak of Displacement:
    Hp 96/96

Spells
    1) 4
    2) 2

Ready attack action against threats that appear.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:25 pm

Chris wrote:ROUND 1

Initiative

Mime 21
    Ghost 11
    Menkaure 11
    Cion 10

Chris wrote:
    Cion
    spd 25
    AC 14 +2 = 16
    HP  50\50

Cion activates his crystal-powered tablet and begins sequencing his algorithm to find the master control tower.  He turn 90 degrees to the East.  Looks down, looks up.... turns 180 to the West, looks around, turns 90 degrees to the South, back to the West, back to the South.  He looks up with a gleam in his eye, "The signal is emanating from this area!"

Computer Tool success status  1\10

He follows the direction of the PING on his tablet and runs 25ft down the street.

Cion is finished.

whit10 wrote:Menkaure will stay within 5' of Cion at all times to keep him alive and defended.

Start me directly to his right

Menkaure follows Cion and maintains his position per declared action

There are no visible threats to trigger Ghost and Mime, although.... Ghost's pistol of warning flashes a danger alert through his HUD in his cyber eyes.

map updated

Chapter 3:  mad science 1rata_15

Chris wrote:ROUND 2
    Initiative

Mime 21
    Ghost 11
    Menkaure 11
    Cion 10

Chris wrote:
    Cion
    spd 25
    AC 14 +2 = 16
    HP  50\50

Computer Tool success status  1\10

Mime is up, Ghost and Menkaure on deck
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:01 pm

Oh snap.  Mime dashes to run down the stairs and out the front door.  He heads for the building with the 30' round tower. "Threats are inbound."
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:21 am

navyik wrote:Oh snap.  Mime dashes to run down the stairs and out the front door.  He heads for the building with the 30' round tower.  "Threats are inbound."

Mime was on the 3rd floor, 30ft up, so he can only really move 30ft + 30ft down the stairs.  I put Mime on the most direct path towards the tower.  Let me know if that is not where you want to be or state a grid coordinate

Chapter 3:  mad science 1rata_16

Initiative

Mime 21
    Ghost 11
    Menkaure 11
    Cion 10

Chris wrote:
    Cion
    spd 25
    AC 14 +2 = 16
    HP 50\50

Ghost and Menkaure are up
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:49 pm

Menkaure will cast Divine Favor on himself - 1d4 bonus radiant damage for one minute

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:52 pm

whit10 wrote:Menkaure will cast Divine Favor on himself - 1d4 bonus radiant damage for one minute

ok, just track the 10 rounds in your stat block, as this might be a long fight, given that Cion needs 9 more successes on his computer checks

Ghost is up
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:10 pm

yep, taken care of
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:34 pm

Ghost moves up to I-17.

Still no targets sighted?

Ghost
    Hp 96/96
    Initiative +5

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:37 pm

Not yet.... just the vague warning from Mike's weapon of warning
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:52 am

Ghost continues to be on watch, waiting for any targets to appear...
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:36 am

Initiative

Mime 21
    Ghost 11
    Menkaure 11
    Cion 10
    Killer Drones 8

Chris wrote:
    Cion
    spd 25
    AC 14 +2 = 16
    HP  50\50

computer tools 2\10

Cion's fingers fly across his tablet again....  he dashes 25ft to the west....  Menkaure follows faithfully (using his move)

"it's definitely in this quadrant!"  he calls out triumphantly.  

Computer tools success 2\10.   Cion's excitement is tempered by the audible hum of motors and whirling blades.

Look, up in the sky!  it's a bird... it's a plane... it's killer drones!

Chapter 3:  mad science Drones10

a murder of killer drones (murder of crows) de-cloak in the sky over the SW quadrant of the map.  they appear to have been triggered by Cion's hacking attempts

Chapter 3:  mad science 1rata_17

Robyo wrote:Ghost continues to be on watch, waiting for any targets to appear...

Ghost now sees targets and can act before the KDs

Chapter 3:  mad science 08172010
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:01 pm

Ghost should be at I-17.

He opens fire on the drone at L-12.

SMG attack) 16 + 11 = 27; if a hit) 10 + 6 = 16P damage.

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:12 pm

Robyo wrote:Ghost should be at I-17.

He opens fire on the drone at L-12.

SMG attack) 16 + 11 = 27; if a hit) 10 + 6 = 16P damage.

drunken sorry about the positioning, it is fixed now

Ghost takes aim and blasts one of the small drones out of the sky.  Burning wreckage crashes into street.  Between the automatic weapon fire, the explosion in the sky and the murder of drones.... the average Joes on the street turn into a panicked mob.  The Asurans begin fleeing, screaming and generally scrambling for their lives.

The other 6 drones fly about 10ft above the recognized threats:  Cion, Menkaure (their aren't clear who is using the device, but they're both in proximity) and Ghost.  Mime is not targeted nor are any civilians.

The party can see a spray gun deploy from their underbelly

Chapter 3:  mad science Eifs-s10

the drones fire a less-than-lethal deterrent at the threats as foam sprays down.  the foam quickly hardens

1 drone can't reach Ghost, so he will just dash
    1 drone fires at Ghost, but misses and hits space I-16 with foam
    2 drones fire at Cion, 1 misses and foams L-8 and the other hits Cion

Cion is engulfed in fast-hardening foam.

Cion conditions = blinded and unable to breathe

2 drones fire at Menkaure, but both miss hitting squares L-9 and J-10

any squares with foam are considered difficult terrain, though you don't get stuck in it, as it is now dry

the party can still hear the whir of rotor blades from the drones, but also the sound seems to be growing louder, as if some larger drone is also approaching

map is updated

Chapter 3:  mad science 1rata_18

Initiative

Mime 21
    Ghost 11
    Menkaure 11
    Cion 10
    Killer Drones 8

Chris wrote:
    Cion
    spd 25
    AC 14 +2 = 16
    HP  50\50

computer tools 2\10

** Blind and suffocating

Mime is up
    Ghost, then Menkaure on deck
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:01 pm

AC 17
    Cloak of Displacement:
    Hp 96/96

Spells
    1) 4 ✓
    2) 2

As a bonus action, mime casts hunters mark.

He fires at the drones.  First the one near Ghost and only moving on to the next if it drops.

Rolling "1d20 +8" 2 times

1: 6 + 8 = 14
    2: 2 + 8 = 10

Damage:
    Result of the throw of dice "1d10 +1d6 +3" 2 times :

10 + 1 + 3 = 14
    1 + 1 + 3 = 5

To Ghost"I can handle these two.  I think you are more needed up ahead. I will catch up."
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:23 pm

navyik wrote:
    As a bonus action, mime casts hunters mark.

He fires at the drones.  First the one near Ghost and only moving on to the next if it drops.

Rolling "1d20 +8" 2 times

1: 6 + 8 = 14
    2: 2 + 8 = 10

Damage:
    Result of the throw of dice "1d10 +1d6 +3" 2 times :

10 + 1 + 3 = 14
    1 + 1 + 3 = 5

To Ghost"I can handle these two.  I think you are more needed up ahead. I will catch up."

Mime marks and drops the drone nearest to Ghost.  It crashes and burns.  Mime's second shot is a miss at 10

Does Mime want to move?

Chapter 3:  mad science 1rata_19

Ghost and Menkaure are up
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:55 pm

Mime will head down the path towards the group as far as he can.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:29 pm

Ghost will move down to M-11. He has 40' movement thanks to Mime's bio-electric boost. He takes cover behind the wall to the west and opens up on the drones with his SMG.

FIGHTING SPIRIT:
    Starting at 3rd level, your intensity in battle can shield you and help you strike true. As a bonus action on your turn, you can give yourself advantage on weapon attack rolls until the end of the current turn. When you do so, you also gain 5 temporary hit points.

1st attack: drone at K-11) 3,5... 5 + 11 = 16; if a hit) 6 + 6 = 12P damage.
    2nd attack: same drone (unless then first one is destroyed, then target is at L-10, and he shoot from behind the south side of the wall, if that's allowed) 12,7... 12 + 11 = 23; hit) 8 + 6 = 14P.

ACTION SURGE

1st attack: drone at L-10 (unless by some miracle the one at K-11 still isn't destroyed) 16,1... 16 + 11 = 27; hit) 9 + 6 = 15P damage.
    2nd attack: is the 2nd drone dead? then target drone at K-8 ) 10,3... 10 + 11 = 21; hit) 5 + 6 = 11P.

Ghost
    Hp 96/96
    Temp HP: 5
    Initiative +5
    Action Surge: 0
    Fighting Spirit: 2/3

Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:33 pm

Oops, I messed that up. Ghost isn't allowed two bonus actions. Ignore the use of Action Surge, thanks. He still has that in reserve.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:11 am

Menkaure will try to free Cion - would using his clawed hands to try and just break the hardened foam be feasible?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:44 am

Robyo wrote:Oops, I messed that up. Ghost isn't allowed two bonus actions. Ignore the use of Action Surge, thanks. He still has that in reserve.

no problem, I had the same issues with looking at Rogue - cunning action, 2 wpn fighting, etc

Ghost finds some cover and opens up on the drones.  K-11 goes down

Ghost can't get LoS on L-10 from his current position.  He could go to L-11, but he would be exposed or slide over for his last 5ft of movement to M-12 and still have some cover.  I put Ghost at M-12 to give him partial cover from the wall, but if you want him somewhere else, just let me know

Ghost destroys L-10 drone as well.  Rampage!

whit10 wrote:Menkaure will try to free Cion - would using his clawed hands to try and just break the hardened foam be feasible?

Yes!  It's a STR check DC 13, but since Menk has natural claws, he can roll with ADVANTAGE on the check

map is updated

Chapter 3:  mad science 1rata_20

Menkaure is still up

Cion on deck, but he is unable to breathe (like dronwing\suffocation) so he can hold his breathe for 1 rd + CON modifier, which isn't likely much for this lab rat Evil or Very Mad
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:19 pm

Strength check (w/ advantage)

Roll(1d20)+4:
    2,+4
    Total:6

Roll(1d20)+4:
    18,+4
    Total:22

lol, good thing there were two rolls.

Menkaure will free Cion. He will save his movement to stay with Cion.

Please remember this power for Menkaure and Cion

A u r a o f W a r d in g
    Beginning at 7th level, ancient magic lies so heavily
    upon you that it forms an eldritch ward. You and friendly
    creatures within 10 feet of you have resistance to
    damage from spells.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:40 pm

whit10 wrote:
    Please remember this power for Menkaure and Cion

A u r a o f W a r d in g
    Beginning at 7th level, ancient magic lies so heavily
    upon you that it forms an eldritch ward. You and friendly
    creatures within 10 feet of you have resistance to
    damage from spells.

study  please remember your own buffs and include them in your stat block if you want to me see it.  Resistance just means you take 1/2 damage, so when I tell you some spell does X damage, you take 1/2X

Menkaure rips away the hardened spray foam from a grateful Cion who gasps for air and looks shaken.  "Oh my, that is quite a response.  I didn't expect that!"  

Initiative

Mime 21
    Ghost 11
    Menkaure 11
    Cion 10
    Killer Drones 8

Cion flees 25ft away from the drones.  Menkaure follows diligently.

Cion uses his tablet - success #3!

Chris wrote:
    Cion
    spd 25
    AC 14 +2 = 16
    HP  50\50

computer tools 3\10

"It should be right around here.... somewhere.... I just can't quite lock down the signal yet...."  

The Drones split up, 1 to each hero....

Drone misses vs Mime, foams nearby square
    Drone misses vs Ghost, foams nearby square
    Drone hits!  vs Menkaure (lucky roll) - Menkaure is now blind and unable to breathe.  He has 1rd + CON modifier before he begins to suffocate.  DC 13 str check to get it off you, still with ADVANTAGE for claws

map is updated

Chapter 3:  mad science 1rata_21

the rotor sound is getting louder

Mime is up

Ghost, then Menkaure on deck

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:31 am