Dropbox - http://www.dropbox.com/

Open Office - http://www.openoffice.org/

4 posters

Sharnralkin the Beast Brawler

Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Sharnralkin the Beast Brawler Left_bar_bleue0/0Sharnralkin the Beast Brawler Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    Sharnralkin the Beast Brawler Left_bar_bleue0/0Sharnralkin the Beast Brawler Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Sharnralkin the Beast Brawler Empty Sharnralkin the Beast Brawler

Post  Robyo Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:36 pm

Sharnralkin of Oojwarrg Clan  - Wookie, Force Adept (6)
    male, 2.3 meters tall, 150 kg,  222 years old, brown eyes, brown hair
    STR: 16 (+3)
    DEX: 10 (0)
    CON: 10 (0)
    INT: 16 (+3)
    WIS: 17 (+3)
    CHA: 10 (0)

FORT: +3 (with forcefield: 50% vs Crit, 1x only)
    REF: +3
    WILL: +10

BAB: +4
    CMB: +7
    CMD: 17
    INITIATIVE: 0
    SPEED: 10 meters
    Force Points: 4

Defense: 17
    Vitality: 48
    Wound: 10
    Temporary Hit Points: 20 (Force-field. Move action to activate)

ARMOR: none
    WEAPONS:
    ~Unarmed Strike (w/ MA and Improved MA): 2d4+7 (crit 19/20)
    ~Claws (natural): (+2 damage Unarmed Stike)
    ~Combat Gloves (+2 damage Unarmed Strike)

~Gaderffi "Gaffi Stick": +6 to hit, 1d8/1d6 damage, 20 crit, slash/pierce

*Force Imbued Weapon (costs: 3 vit, full-round action, lasts 6 rounds): +1d8 damage

~Net

SPECIAL QUALITIES:
    +2 Climb (claws)
    +4 Intimidate
    Wookie Rage
    Extraordinary Repercussion
    LANGUAGES:
    base...
    Shyriiwook (read/write/speak)
    Basic (read/write)
    bonus...
    Huttese (read/write)
    Twi'lek (understand)
    Geonosian (understand)

FEATS:
    Weapon Group (Primitive) (class)
    Weapon Group (Simple) (class)
    Force Sensitive (class)
    Sense (1st)
    Alter (2nd)
    Control (4th)
    Skill Emphasis: Move Object (6th)
    Martial Arts (1st)
    Defensive Martial Arts (3rd)
    Improved Martial Arts (5th)
    Fame (*bkgrnd)

SKILLS: Skill Mod (Ability Mod/Ranks/+Other):
    Athletics- 7 (9-Climb only) (3/4/+2 climb)
    Bluff- 3 (0/0/+3)
    Computer Use- 3 (3/0)
    Craft: Traps (Primitive)- 5 (3/2)
    Diplomacy- 3 (0/0/+3)
    Entertain- 3 (0/0/+3)
    Gather Info- 3 (0/0/+3)
    Handle Animal- 2 (0/2)
    Intimidate- 5 (0/0/+4+1)
    Knowledge: Alien Species- 3 (3/0)
    Knowledge: Genetics- 3 (3/0)
    Knowledge: Medicine- 3 (3/0)
    Knowledge: Physics- 3 (3/0)
    Knowledge: Technology- 3 (3/0)
    Knowledge: Wilderness Lore- (3/0)
    Knowledge: Biology (*bkgrnd)- 10 (3/7)
    Perception- 7 (3/4)
    Pilot (*bkgrnd)- 7 (0/7)
    Profession: Scientist- 3 (3/0)
    Repair (untrained)- 4 (3/1)
    Ride- 0
    Search- 3 (3/0)
    Sense Motive- 3 (3/0)
    Stealth- 9/19 (0/9/+10 stealth field)
    Survival- 5 (3/2)
    Treat Injury- 3 (3/0)

FORCE SKILLS: Skill Mod (Ability Mod/Ranks/+Other)
    Affect Mind- 0
    Battlemind- 0
    Drain Energy- 0
    Empathy- 10 (3/7)
    Enhance Ability- 9 (0/9)
    Enhance Senses- 4 (3/1)
    Farseeing- 5 (3/2)
    Fear- 3 (3/0)
    Force Defense- 7 (0/7)
    Force Grip- 3 (3/0)
    Force Lightning- 3 (3/0)
    Force Stealth- 0
    Force Strike- 11 (3/8 )
    Friendship- 0
    Heal Another- 10 (3/7)
    Heal Self- 7 (0/7)
    Illusion- 0
    Move Object- 12 (3/9)
    See Force- 3 (3/0)
    Telepathy- 3 (3/0)

CARRY CAPACITY: (STR 16)

EQUIPMENT:
    Internal Frame Backpack...
    ~Field Kit (Daypack containing: X2 condensing canteens w/ water purification, sunshield roll, food rations- one week supply, x2 glow rods, x2 breath masks, x24 filters, x12 atmosphere canisters, all-temperature cloak)
    ~Aquata Breather
    ~Credit Chip
    ~Datapad
    ~Electrobinoculars
    ~Fusion Lantern
    ~Holorecorder
    ~Liquid Cable Dispenser
    ~Medical Kit
    ~Medpac
    ~Recording Rod
    ~Sensor Pack
    ~Tool Kit

1260 Credits

LOOT:
    ~Personal Force Field:
    Like a ship shield, can absorb 20 damage before failing, regen 5\rd if powered suit, 50% Fortification vs Crits (system fails if it averts a crit).
    It is a move action to activate the personal force field, which absorbs 20 damage before failing and offers 50% Fortication vs Crits, it fails regardless of damage if it averts a crit.

~Prototype Stealth Field:
    +10 stealth checks, no penalty for moving

~Blaster Pistol (for Irwin's empty mount).

Last edited by Robyo on Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:52 am; edited 15 times in total
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Sharnralkin the Beast Brawler Empty Re: Sharnralkin the Beast Brawler

Post  Robyo Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:47 pm

Whew! SW really compounds the 3.x skills mini-game. That's why it took so long to complete this guy. I'm fairly happy with how he turned out (still have to see how he plays), but a few things:

~Obviously, he's a healbot. Are you houseruling a quicker VITALITY healing? If so, maybe I should concentrate on other things?

~he's still kind of squishy with a low Defense. What armor would you recommend?

~I took Pilot skill, but my score is dismal. If someone else (who's character is more DEX-based) wants to be the pilot, I'll switch out my Starship Feat for Fame, instead.

~I made his Craft skill for making primitive traps, so he can catch animals/aliens if need be (not specifically mentioned in rulebook, however)

~I also took a toolkit, but apparently Repair skill can't be used untrained. Even though I have a high INT?

~Does it make sense to combine Swim skill with Athletics? I'm a big fan of the abridged skill list of post-3.x games.

~Wasn't sure how much money we started with at 4th level. I just took equipment that suited him, but nothing too extravagant. I have a profession (scientist/entertainer), so I can make a wage-earning Profession check if you wish.

~Still need a droid, but I thought Chris was gonna work on that.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Sharnralkin the Beast Brawler Left_bar_bleue19/19Sharnralkin the Beast Brawler Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    Sharnralkin the Beast Brawler Left_bar_bleue1/0Sharnralkin the Beast Brawler Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:17 pm

Keep in mind that any use of the force for damage (via objects, force lightning, etc) gives you dark side points.

And there's a Jedi in the party who, while certainly not a goody goody, is no fan of the sith either.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:40 pm

whit10 wrote:Keep in mind that any use of the force for damage (via objects, force lightning, etc) gives you dark side points.

And there's a Jedi in the party who, while certainly not a goody goody, is no fan of the sith either.

Sharn is apolitical, but neither is he a fan of the Sith. I'm not interested in using force powers associated with the dark side, unless absolutely necessary.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Sharnralkin the Beast Brawler Left_bar_bleue35/35Sharnralkin the Beast Brawler Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:27 pm

whit10 wrote:Keep in mind that any use of the force for damage (via objects, force lightning, etc) gives you dark side points.

So your Jedi should take Dark Side points for using the Force to add damage to his lightsaber. Or to give him strength with enhance ability. Or to add +to hit with Battlemind.......

No, please re-read my FORCE house rules, this point was specifically addressed

Chris wrote:
    You get the DS pt for CHOOSING to be cruel and inflict pain and suffering. To me that means something like Force Choke or Lightning the way Palpatine did it to Luke in RotJ. They were used as torture, to be cruel and to punish.

I don't see how an 'in combat' use of those skills is any different from Force Push, Telekinetically hurling machinery at people or cutting someone in half with a lightsaber while using the Force to gain strength, focus the mind and add damage. Self Defense is Self Defense, which is every sentient being's right.

Likewise, if you are cruel or torture someone by mundane means, you will still get DS points.

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Sharnralkin the Beast Brawler Left_bar_bleue35/35Sharnralkin the Beast Brawler Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:42 pm

Rob - a couple comments

I don't think you can have an 18 WIS. Wookies are -2 to Wisdom, so a 17 would be your starting max at 4th level. 18 -2 = 16, +1 4th level = 17

His stats do seem a bit wonky....

I did address Vitality in the House Rules

Chris wrote:Restoring vitality after fights

Thanks Josh for asking a good question

There are multiple ways to restore vitality:

Treat Injury skill restores a number of vitality equal to RANKS in TI

Heal Self

Heal Another

rest - you get 1 vitality per level per hour, so you get 4\hr at 4th

What we defaulted to in my table top group was basically just getting fully 'healed up' of vitality (not wounds) after each fight. We did this to avoid 20 minutes of rolling dice in a healing-circle jerk after combat.

I heal another you, you heal another me, I heal self me, you heal self you, now I treat injury you, you treat injury me, now we both rest for 1 hour.... shazaam, everyone is basically full anyways but it took lots of dice, med kit accounting.... Sleep

So unless there is an obvious reason - like you are in a chase or an escape or a dungeon crawl (less common in SW) basically figure you will get all your vitality back after each fight and a brief rest.

Wound points are a different matter and much harder to heal.

I think you could redistribute your points a bit and not worry as much about healing. especially as a Wookie, you have the fast recuperation.

sure, Swim can go with athletics

Maybe ditch Pilot and take Repair as your background skill, then it becomes a Class skill for you.

Check your skill point numbers, the bonus skill and knowledge are MAX ranks for free

Chris wrote:
    whit10 wrote:So if I want to that to be Pilot and Knowledge Streetwise, they just stay maxed and don't figure into the skill pt total...got it

right

As for armor.... Force Adept does not have any armor proficiencies. You have to buy Light armor Prof. first and then build up the other ones. Or just take 1 level of soldier and get all the armor feats for free, along with all wpns Wink

Alan found a chart = 4500 credits at 4th level.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:19 am

Thanks for the feedback, Chris. I will edit and readjust Sharn.

Concerning stats: Using point-buy, I started at a base of 10 in each stat. Spent 10 pts to get the 18 in WIS. If that doesn't work, it's fine. BTW, my +1 leveling bonus went to STR. I'll probably just redo all my stats, and thus my skills too.

As for multi-class, I'll think about that. Wasn't too keen on it at first glance. I can see the perks associated with it, but the -2 to Defense is kind of lame. I don't think Wookies generally wear armor anyways, or that Soldier fits with my concept. Had originally thought about Scout, but they seem kind of weak.

Max ranks in background skills is pretty awesome. Now I don't have to suck at piloting, or repair, if I go that route instead.

Do we have a dedicated pilot yet? Are we gonna all be together on a ship or have individual ships? If we fly together, someone else want to pilot and I'll be the mechanic?
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Sharnralkin the Beast Brawler Left_bar_bleue19/19Sharnralkin the Beast Brawler Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    Sharnralkin the Beast Brawler Left_bar_bleue1/0Sharnralkin the Beast Brawler Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:42 am

Sorry about the mix up Chris, I'd forgotten about that post.

Rob, I was originally going to be the pilot (I thought). I have freighter piloting and a pretty good dex. Others have mentioned interest so this can be changed.

To be honest, we could almost look at two players having different piloting feats. Say one has freighters and the other has fighters. Might come in handy.

My guy could easily be more the fighter type.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:11 am

Robyo wrote:Thanks for the feedback, Chris. I will edit and readjust Sharn.

Concerning stats: Using point-buy, I started at a base of 10 in each stat. Spent 10 pts to get the 18 in WIS. If that doesn't work, it's fine. BTW, my +1 leveling bonus went to STR. I'll probably just redo all my stats, and thus my skills too.

As for multi-class, I'll think about that. Wasn't too keen on it at first glance. I can see the perks associated with it, but the -2 to Defense is kind of lame. I don't think Wookies generally wear armor anyways, or that Soldier fits with my concept. Had originally thought about Scout, but they seem kind of weak.

Max ranks in background skills is pretty awesome. Now I don't have to suck at piloting, or repair, if I go that route instead.

Do we have a dedicated pilot yet? Are we gonna all be together on a ship or have individual ships? If we fly together, someone else want to pilot and I'll be the mechanic?

you're welcome!

stats - no worries, just different ways of looking at the same pool of points. I assign all my stats up to 18s, then make racial adjustments.

multiclass might not fit every concept. the -2 to defense is because all classes start with a +x to defense and otherwise you could get a really high defense by about 3rd level by multiclasses. it isn't a net loss, just not a cheap gain.

SKILLZ!

I think Matt also said in an email he was going to take some pilot. If Sharn takes Repair with its free max ranks and has a high INT, he would be a great fixer. Repair has a TON of uses in combat - rerouting power, fixing down systems, etc.

the ship issue hasn't really been discussed and decided by the party. if the players don't reach a decision, I will just incorporate it into the story, but if someone wanted to have a ship, with appropriate background, that is cool too.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:13 am

whit10 wrote:Sorry about the mix up Chris, I'd forgotten about that post.

Rob, I was originally going to be the pilot (I thought). I have freighter piloting and a pretty good dex. Others have mentioned interest so this can be changed.

To be honest, we could almost look at two players having different piloting feats. Say one has freighters and the other has fighters. Might come in handy.

My guy could easily be more the fighter type.

no worries, it is a major deviation from 20 years of SW rules Cool

Pilot applies to ALL vehicles - speeder bikes, landspeeders, watercraft, as well as starships, but only starships require the feat to use without penalty. It is kind of like a combat driving skill. Anyone can 'drive' down the road, piloting is for making high speed\combat maneuvers.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:18 am

I know how pilot works (at least I think I do). I just think it couldn't hurt, given how many of us there are, to have a range of ships that can be piloted.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:50 pm

whit10 wrote:I know how pilot works (at least I think I do). I just think it couldn't hurt, given how many of us there are, to have a range of ships that can be piloted.

I was agreeing with you rabbit
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:03 pm

ah... well, ok then. Smile
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:22 pm

Rob - are you still going with the TV personality, kind of like Steve Irwin type?

I guess I ask because there is the feat FAME that gives a bonus to ALL social skills, when appropriate and when the target would reasonably know who the famous person is. I know that feats are tight, but it gives a greater degree of flexibility with skills if you know you have that bonus most of time. You can always pick up more martial arts later too.

I am not trying to sway you here, but that would be another good reason to take a level or 2 of soldier, you could take martial arts with your soldier feats, get access to all armor, better combat #s. In all honesty, you don't really need all 3 Force Feats and it is hard to feed all the skills to use them effectively. (Control to boost your stats and maybe Sense for the sensory boosters)

I guess it comes down to how you see your concept. Are you really a beast BRAWLER or do you just play one on TV Wink

I have a couple possible ideas for the parrot, but I am waiting to see if you are still going the TV-personality route or something else.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Sharnralkin the Beast Brawler Left_bar_bleue68/68Sharnralkin the Beast Brawler Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:41 pm

I thought soldier only got light armor, should i recompute?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:46 pm

navyik wrote:I thought soldier only got light armor, should i recompute?

Shocked you might be right, I haven't looked at the book, just going off addled memory and probably confusing with fighters
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:10 pm

Soldier class only gets light armor proficiency, IIRC.

I was hoping to use Fame as my background feat, but I had to use Starship Op instead. TBH, I'm not super stoked to be a pilot. Would rather just be a mechanic in that regard...

Marial Arts has a fairly extended feat-tree, so I'd rather not give either of those up at this point. Kind of need Defensive MA for the +2 Defense too.

If I can't use armor, is there some kind of force-shield I could be equipped with?

And yeah, TV (galactic holo-net?) personality for sure. Parrot does the narration and camera work. Maybe the network loans me a ship and pilot. He just hangs back at the craft and smokes cigars while I'm out on missions.

I also understand your point about not taking all the force feats, but I think it will work out okay. I don't plan to use dark-side powers, if that makes any difference.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:06 pm

Did you get rid of Force Lightning then? I know what Chris said but, I don't really know how using that particular skill would NOT incur a dark side point.

Something to remember about armor... it really affects your other skills (as far as armor check penalties) the higher the grade is.

It does seem a bit wonky that Soldier only gets light armor proficiency.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Sharnralkin the Beast Brawler Left_bar_bleue68/68Sharnralkin the Beast Brawler Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:21 pm

Nobody else gets any armor...
    No offense but my rodian is amost as strong as your wookie. Did you apply all of the race modifiers?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:11 pm

wookies are actually -2 overall to stats, +4 str, but 3x -2. They do get an extra Feat equivalent and I grant them bowcaster as a martial wpn, but they are not OP by any means, especially if you put point elsewhere, like Rob did.

Rob - go ahead and substitute FAME for your starship feat, it really makes sense in your case as a background feat.

Everyone else - if you have a similar feat that you want to substitute for the starship one AND it makes as much sense as FAME for the wookie, just ask and we'll work something out. I would certainly allow a Skill Emphasis Feat in something used on a ship like Repair or Computer, since there really are no Technical Starship Feats. (copied to house rules)

As for armor, think about the movies.... the only people in armor were grunts (low level soldiers) and a couple main villians who really wore the armor for appearance, utility (Fetts) or life support (Vader). They designed the game to steer people away from armor - you get defense class bonus as you advance - and as Josh said it tends to be worse on your skills than the DR benefit.

Then again.... a soldier that buys Medium armor > Powered Armor is a mini-mech and a force to be reckoned with, if they put the Feats into it.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:33 pm

I want scout power armor!!
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:42 pm

I should have Sharn readjusted soon.

Found a cool website for Shyriiwook: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Shyriiwook
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:53 pm

Robyo wrote:I should have Sharn readjusted soon.

Found a cool website for Shyriiwook: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Shyriiwook

yes, but "Mu ah waa gaa a yukshin oid"

("I already have a suction droid.")
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:03 pm

some options for Irwin

SW cannon

[img]Sharnralkin the Beast Brawler Buzz_d10[/img]

[img]Sharnralkin the Beast Brawler Vultur10[/img]

non-cannon

[img]Sharnralkin the Beast Brawler Robot_10[/img]

old school

[img]Sharnralkin the Beast Brawler Robot_11[/img]

or feel free to browse for other images
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:07 pm

Bubo from Clash of the Titans would rock!!
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:08 pm

I definitely like the last two (non-canon). Bubo is cool, but probably not hi-tech enough for SW.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:16 pm

Sharnralkin the Beast Brawler <a href=Sharnralkin the Beast Brawler Bird_d10" />

+ holo recorder\camera
    + microphone

100 hrs of video storage capacity

1 empty tool mount (you can fill in later)

+ persistent personality feat

+ speed is 16, perfect flying

cut the unspent skill points down to 8 (since he got some bonus stuff), but use them for additional languages or knowledges

[edit]
    +4 Stealth
    +4 Perception
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:11 pm

Sharn has been updated! Though he might still need another little once-over...

I like that the Fame feat actually comes in pretty handy for boosting some of the charisma-based skills.

And the stats for Irwin/M-TD series droid look pretty cool.

Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:21 am

Chris wrote:wookies are actually -2 overall to stats, +4 str, but 3x -2.  They do get an extra Feat equivalent and I grant them bowcaster as a martial wpn, but they are not OP by any means, especially if you put point elsewhere, like Rob did.

Rob - go ahead and substitute FAME for your starship feat, it really makes sense in your case as a background feat.

Everyone else - if you have a similar feat that you want to substitute for the starship one AND it makes as much sense as FAME for the wookie, just ask and we'll work something out.  I would certainly allow a Skill Emphasis Feat in something used on a ship like Repair or Computer, since there really are no Technical Starship Feats.  (copied to house rules)

As for armor, think about the movies.... the only people in armor were grunts (low level soldiers) and a couple main villians who really wore the armor for appearance, utility (Fetts) or life support (Vader).  They designed the game to steer people away from armor - you get defense class bonus as you advance - and as Josh said it tends to be worse on your skills than the DR benefit.

Then again.... a soldier that buys Medium armor > Powered Armor is a mini-mech and a force to be reckoned with, if they put the Feats into it.

I kept Pilot as a background skill. Figure it also comes in handy for landspeeders, striders, and such. Without the Starship Op feat, Sharn isn't as handy in a stellar dogfight. I kept Repair as well, but at cross-class cost. Spent 2 points to get one rank. Sharn's INT is decent, so he can at least be helpful as a mechanic.

Chris, when you say wookies get extra feat equivalency, do you mean their Rage or Repercussion abilities, or am I missing something?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:30 am

Robyo wrote:
    Chris, when you say wookies get extra feat equivalency, do you mean their Rage or Repercussion abilities, or am I missing something?

yeah, I look at those as 2 feats, plus they get the skills (climb + Int). not to mention that in SW they can Rage without Dark Side pts.
    and I give them Bowcaster as a Martial Wpn, like dwarves get their racial axe
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:37 am

just double checking everyone.....

I think you are also short a FEAT! Force adept, pg 55, get a bonus Feat at 3rd from a set list.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:57 pm

Um, I forgot there was an assigned list when I made the character. I already used 1st and 3rd-level slots for Martial Arts and Defensive Martial Arts... I discovered this error after we'd already started rolling. So I was going to use my next available feat slot (upon leveling at 9th level) to buy Stealthy or something else from that list.

Do you want me to switch before then?

TBH, I feel it's whack that my bonus feats all have to go towards a very narrow selection of feats I don't even need or want. Guess I can kiss the martial-arts feat tree goodbye.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:31 pm

scratch  no, no I think you are misunderstanding. you get to pick any feats you want at 1st and 3rd, just like all d20 games.

your class, Force Adept, gives a BONUS feat at 3rd and that bonus feat can must come from the class-specific list.

so, as I said, I think you are shorting yourself the bonus, class feat from 3rd level.

You can keep both martial arts feats, but please choose another feat from that list sunny 
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:42 pm

Okay, yeah. I do recall now. Been awhile since I've played 3rd edition rules... Why don't they include those feats in the standard class chart? Would that make too much sense?

Anyways, I pick Tracking.

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:48 pm

Robyo wrote:Okay, yeah. I do recall now. Been awhile since I've played 3rd edition rules... Why don't they include those feats in the standard class chart? Would that make too much sense?

Razz yeah, that would be logical or something.

also - I don't see that you spent Irwin's 8 skill points. maybe some points in Stealth or Perception? I think he would be capped at 4 ranks, given his equivalent level.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:52 pm

Chris wrote:
    Robyo wrote:Okay, yeah. I do recall now. Been awhile since I've played 3rd edition rules... Why don't they include those feats in the standard class chart? Would that make too much sense?

Razz yeah, that would be logical or something.

also - I don't see that you spent Irwin's 8 skill points.  maybe some points in Stealth or Perception?  I think he would be capped at 4 ranks, given his equivalent level.

Is Irwin trained in either of those skills? Then, give him 4 ranks in each, or 2 if he's untrained.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:03 pm

I look at it like a skill program, so call it 4 ranks in each, consider it a class skill for any future allocation.

It is a bit confusing since I took a few skill points away for the extra feats and gear I gave him, sorry. Irwin is a level 1 Diplomat, as listed in his info. If you add up the skill points, he gets 3 for diplomat and 3 for his Int bonus.

Irwin, assuming he accompanies you and actually does things, will progress in levels like a familiar or a pet, always staying 3 levels behind you. So Irwin will get 6 skill points at next level, along with whatever other stat adjustments come with a Diplomat 2. At 3, he gets another feat, etc etc

If you want Irwin to learn a totally new skill, you will need to buy a program for that skill to get it started (and spend the skill points, of course).

Don't forget, Irwin still has an empty mount space..... if anyone in the party has Repair, Computer use and the appropriate craft skills.....
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:03 pm

Can Irwin have an installed Commlink?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:40 pm

Robyo wrote:Can Irwin have an installed Commlink?
    I am sure there would be room for that. Somebody with some combination of the following skills could probably accomplish that easily enough

Repair + 1 of the others

knowledge: droids, technology
    craft: droids, technology
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:17 pm

Bumped up to 6th level!

If we have some downtime, I'd like to install a comlink on Irwin.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:42 pm

Robyo wrote:Bumped up to 6th level!

go ahead and make a repair roll, but it shouldn't be that hard. check the rules, it might involve spending some credits on installation parts....
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:27 pm

Chris wrote:
    Robyo wrote:Bumped up to 6th level!

go ahead and make a repair roll, but it shouldn't be that hard.  check the rules, it might involve spending some credits on installation parts....
    Repair check:
    17 + 4 = 21

Also, for the +2 level bump, I added Improved Martial Arts feat.

+1 to BAB and DC

skill bumps include: Move Object, Enhance Ability, and Force Strike

new class goodies: Skill Emphasis (move object) & Force Imbued Weapon
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:04 pm

Robyo wrote:
    Repair check:
    17 + 4 = 21

Also, for the +2 level bump, I added Improved Martial Arts feat.

+1 to BAB and DC

skill bumps include: Move Object, Enhance Ability, and Force Strike

new class goodies: Skill Emphasis (move object) & Force Imbued Weapon
    Droid repair is a DC 20, so no problem there. it says 1/5 of the cost for parts when you do it yourself. a comlink costs 200 credits, so it will take a whopping 40 credits worth of widgits to install the comlink on Irwin.

I assume you are going to use the Force imbued Weapon ability on your combat gloves to boost your unarmed damage?
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:30 pm

40 credits, not bad alien 

Yeah, force-imbued gloves most likely, but Sharn also has a gaffi stick.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:49 pm

Rob,

I have been trying to find your Force Attunement info, which you asked me figure out. I am not finding the original post about your character's starting atunement, before any adventuring with the current group. Overall, combing through 5-7 pgs per post is too time consuming, so I am trying to make a quick determination, so you can keep track of the +\-s as we go

starting point ?? (you could be anywhere from +10 to -10, if I recall Sharn started high on the LS)

Since the start of action

Ord Mantell - setting up pilot traige and saving pilots +
    agreeing to help mom +, letting her die -

peaceful resolution with Bre'un +

Kintan
    helping Nikto and doctor +

torture by strangulation -

calling on the dark side for extra force points -

to me it looks like about a wash overall, so I would say just pick an Atunement score somewhere between +10 and -10, then just keep track on your character page somewhere.

sound ok?

Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:25 pm

Sounds good. I don't remember where either, but I'm pretty sure at the top of the game, I stated that Sharn was max Light Side. +10 I guess.

If it's getting too complicated, you could try just giving out Dark Side Points/Taint until characters are totally corrupted/evil or something.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:47 pm

Robyo wrote:Sounds good. I don't remember where either, but I'm pretty sure at the top of the game, I stated that Sharn was max Light Side. +10 I guess.

If it's getting too complicated, you could try just giving out Dark Side Points/Taint until characters are totally corrupted/evil or something.

I don't think it's too complicated, it just requires a little more book-keeping. Sharn is doing a really good job of balancing his actions. I also recall you wanted Sharn to start at +10, so that is where he is right now.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content