navyik
Whitey
7 posters

Amona Anha

whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Amona Anha - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue19/19Amona Anha - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    Amona Anha - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue1/0Amona Anha - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Amona Anha - Page 6 Empty Re: Amona Anha

Post  whit10 Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:52 pm

That is fantastic for magic items (and Sam is grabbing the Thieves Tools +1 right off the bat) He would also like the Studded Leather but fair is fair, others should get their choices first

Try the second door (I believe he has the keys?)
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Amona Anha - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue35/35Amona Anha - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Amona Anha - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue0/0Amona Anha - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:53 pm

whit10 wrote:That is fantastic for magic items (and Sam is grabbing the Thieves Tools +1 right off the bat)  He would also like the Studded Leather but fair is fair, others should get their choices first

remember Hawkes rules of loot distribution Wink
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Amona Anha - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue35/35Amona Anha - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:01 pm

whit10 wrote:

the second door opens to dismal sight.  the dark room stinks of feces, urine and death

Amona Anha - Page 6 Hqdefa10

rows of cells line both sides of the long room.  most of the cells hold nothing more than corpses in varying stages of rot and decay.

1 cell holds a gaunt man that looks like he is clinging to life by a hair, his 1 good eye stares ahead blankly, he is heavily scarred as if he has endured much torture

Amona Anha - Page 6 Space_12
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:05 pm

MAS wrote:"Meal for mighty Ely-Yss..." hisses Renda while ensuring that Firetail is dead in a quick but savage way, then hefting the corpse over his shoulder to carry back to the sea.

"Say again what, Cap-atan?" inquires Renda once he is finished.

The sea bubbles and the body of Firetail is pulled out of sight

Chris wrote:

Renda must remain in good standing with Elyss-yss or the Boon is stripped[/size].[/b]

Renda remains in good standing with Elyss-yss Twisted Evil

whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Amona Anha - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue19/19Amona Anha - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:06 pm

fine, we can distribute however (though that really violates quite a bit regarding a Rogue)

"Oi, you.... in the cell. What could you have possibly done to have been imprisoned in this hell-hole?"
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:16 pm

whit10 wrote:fine, we can distribute however (though that really violates quite a bit regarding a Rogue)

"Oi, you.... in the cell. What could you have possibly done to have been imprisoned in this hell-hole?"

study pocket whatever you like, I am just reminding you of your captain's policy

the gaunt man doesn't look at Sam but continues to stare ahead, he speaks in a broken wheeze, "no.... more games...  filth.... do your worst.... you cannot.... break me...."
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:24 pm

yeah, Sam will try and play fair for now

Trust me... there is a ton we found that he wants. But fair is fair

"Mate, I'm not going to do anything to you. Who are you?"
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:39 pm

whit10 wrote:yeah, Sam will try and play fair for now

Trust me... there is a ton we found that he wants.  But fair is fair

the randomizer did come out Rogue heavy, luckily for Sam, but lots of folks can use that stuff

whit10 wrote:
    "Mate, I'm not going to do anything to you.  Who are you?"

the gaunt man looks up for the first time, though speaking is still difficult, "Eh?..... where.... is Fire.... Tail... "
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:44 pm

"Fire Tail? Fire Tail, fire tail... hmm (as though he has to think about it)...

"Oh, you mean that annoying lizard that we just squashed? Yeah, he's an ex-fire tail now." (with a grin)
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:53 pm

the gaunt man wheezes and laughs, "ha ha.... of course.... Nemesis robs.... again.... cruel.... such is my.... fate...."
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:01 pm

"mate, you gone round the twist or something? You're not making much sense"
    Whitey
    Whitey

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Amona Anha - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue30/30Amona Anha - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (30/30)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Whitey Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:13 pm

Crispy will claim the Feather Fall ring as his first selection.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Amona Anha - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue68/68Amona Anha - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:35 pm

Robyo wrote:Abigail remains vigilant. She still has her longbow out, arrow nocked.

"You said you got a ship? Hey fellas, I don't know much about these fire folk, or you lot either, actually, but THEY did just try to destroy the entire world. Do you really want them as prisoners? I'm certain we can't leave them here, or they'll get into more trouble."

“Aye, Lady. You’re not wrong. And we do have a ship, but we are low down and rotten scurvy Pirates. So if you like we can take you to civilization and part ways fairly knowing we served the common good of this world. Or you can show us one more time how well you shoot in a less noble cause.”
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Amona Anha - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue68/68Amona Anha - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:55 pm

Whitey wrote:Crispy will claim the Feather Fall ring as his first selection.

“Aye Lad, you’ve earned the first choice uncontested today my friend.”

To the crew: “The children of the island still harry the scary long legs. Let us choose spoils later and hasten to their aid! Quartermaster, take custody of the spoils in the magic bag and we go.”
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:23 am

"uh, why? They're just Kobalds"
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:24 am

navyik wrote:
    “Aye, Lady. You’re not wrong.  And we do have a ship, but we are low down and rotten scurvy Pirates.  So if you like we can take you to civilization and part ways fairly knowing we served the common good of this world.  Or you can show us one more time how well you shoot in a less noble cause.”

"You offer sounds appealing enough for me. Piracy is my bread an butter. I'll join up with you and see how things go."
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:09 pm

the gaunt man coughs, "elf!... are you going.... to let me out.... or.... just keep talking at me? some.... water... at least.... or something stronger...."
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:18 pm

"oh, sorry...." Sam will let him out (unless you actually need a roll here).

Sam will hand him a water skin as well "there's better drink on my ship"
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:28 pm

whit10 wrote:"oh, sorry...."  Sam will let him out (unless you actually need a roll here).

Sam will hand him a water skin as well "there's better drink on my ship"

the man staggers to feet and stops just short of the cell door.  he eyes Sam warily, "Really?  just like that, huh?  You must not be an Ikkind Elf (Imperial Chinese-style Elves to the north on the map).  Or you plan to stab me in the back when I walk away.  either way, is better than staying here, I suppose."  

he limps down the hallway, stops after a few paces, looks over his shoulder, "thanks, elf."

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

the rest of the party sees Sam and a gaunt man exit from the other room (not the treasure room)

He is dressed in a prisoner's rags.  You notice that his beard is long and scraggly.  His hair is matted and unkempt.  He moves stiffly, like someone that hasn't taken more than a couple steps in.... years.  His face and body are covered in scars, presumably from torture endured under Firetail's hospitality.

He looks around the chamber and smiles at the corpses of Firetail, Sal and the Azers.  He wheezes as he talks, barely loud enough, "I seem.... to have missed.... (cough)... all the fun."
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:33 pm

"well, one, I'm not an Elf... I'm a damned half-breed and proud of it. How did you end up here?"
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:52 pm

He stares blankly, trying to remember, "We.... took damage in a storm... I think.... found this island in a fog bank.... dropped anchor to make repairs.... giants.... smashed our ship.... kobalds.... never got eat one of the tapirs we saw...."

He gropes at his beard and hair, "it must have been years.... ago.... I... don't know...."

He looks around the magma chamber, "which way... out? outside.... I want to feel the sun, see the ocean... I forget... I remember.... or maybe it is just a dream...."

he begins wandering about aimlessly looking for something
    Josef909
    Josef909

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Amona Anha - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue86/98Amona Anha - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (86/98)
    Action Points:
    Amona Anha - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue11/11Amona Anha - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (11/11)
    Character Sheet:

Post  Josef909 Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:33 pm

"Aye, Cap" Sjon says as he oads as much of the loot as can fit Into the bag until a later time.

I" I need to speak with the guardian of the island before we leave the volcano. Perhaps the blessed bounty awaits us again if Amona Anha is pleased."

Is there anything about the prisoner that betrays their identity?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:45 pm

Josef909 wrote:

Is there anything about the prisoner that betrays their identity?

Though it would be hard to tell given his condition, he does have a "bad reputation" (sailor background) as Captain of the IMS Avenger (Ikkind Empire, elven navy).  He is human, true age late 20s, but looks about 45 given his condition as a prisoner for several years. he looks like a meth addict - sunken features, rotting teeth, etc

Captain Kruhl (krull) would be well known as a imperial officer that took no pirate prisoners, but later became a pirate himself after being banished from Ikkind Empire for treason

anyone that spent time in the Northern Sea or Ikkind Empire would recognize him
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:06 pm

“I know him,” Hawkes judges flatly. “Or did... from a distance.” It is clear to all that Hawkes believes himself a better person than the prisoner , which is rare.

“I might be the only one ever got away from you.” Hawkes chuckles at the irony. “See!? Ha! Providence.” “I will grant you one trip Kruhl. A kindness you wouldn’t extend. One destination.”

“They’re not kobolds Sam. They’re proof of... something... They were twisted. Let’s make haste. Shin needs to make a quick stop.”
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:45 am

Abigail greets Kruhl with a smile and a canteen of water. "You need to eat, fella? You look like you do. Let us see if these scurvy dogs have anything tasty on board. I'm new to this crew as well."

She finds herself at the helm ready to steer as directed. She is the coxswain after all. It is Abigail's usual role, yet she is unassuming about it, since she doesn't know the crew's strengths and weaknesses yet. She thinks it would be best to put the beast, er Renda, up in the crows nest though.

*I will commence with level bump this weekend. DM, should I just pick Abigail's boon?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:29 pm

Ok, so back up to the surface? I think you are finished with the dungeon.

Abi and Kruhl will have to earn their boons through roleplaying, we are both new Wink

Sjon wants to talk to the spirit of the island, Amona Ahna

Hawkes want to check on the kobolds who were distracting the giants

Abi sounds ready to set sail

Any other intentions?
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:37 pm

Sam is also ready to set sail (we'll need a day of rest I would think as well).

Or should we do that after figuring out what happened with the little guys? (and possibly avoid bad dreams)
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:41 pm

Kruhl nods to Hawkes still wheezing, "thank you... for the.... mercy, captain. It is more... than I deserve."

Kruhl eagerly drinks some water, forgetting his manners quickly. "Food too? Yes... yes, please. I haven't known any kindness in a long time." He looks back at Hawkes, "but I don't like charity. At least let me earn my passage? I am capable... or will be with some food and fresh air." He tries to straighten up, but remains a feeble looking skeleton.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:45 pm

The bad dreams were only on the boat, if you recall. Wink

A full rest is certainly in order after the last bits of conclusion and loot sorting

Whitey
    Whitey

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Amona Anha - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue30/30Amona Anha - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (30/30)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Whitey Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:04 pm

“The...umm...kobolds? The little cousins...umm, yeah we need to help them since they helped us...I’m with Hawkes.”
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:27 pm

"just make sure they're house trained..."
    Josef909
    Josef909

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Amona Anha - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue86/98Amona Anha - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (86/98)
    Action Points:
    Amona Anha - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue11/11Amona Anha - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (11/11)
    Character Sheet:

Post  Josef909 Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:38 am

On the way up through the winding tubes, Sjon will ask for a moment while he goes back into the inner-volcano oasis to see if they were able to bring Amona Anha peace once again.

Perhaps if the party wanted to venture forth to check on the kobold, they could carry onward with plans to meet back at the ship.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:03 pm

Sounds like a good idea
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:45 am

"What, you're going after kobolds now? KOBOLDS?!" She shakes her head and face palms. Mumbles, "This island is getting weirder by the second."
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:43 pm

Josef909 wrote:On the way up through the winding tubes, Sjon will ask for a moment while he goes back into the inner-volcano oasis to see if they were able to bring Amona Anha peace once again.  

Perhaps if the party wanted to venture forth to check on the kobold, they could carry onward with plans to meet back at the ship.

Sjon heads for the oasis cave that Sam found earlier.  Kruhl staggers after Sjon, unable to keep up with the others.  The rest of the crew heads back up the lava tubes to the surface (next post)

Amona Anha - Page 6 Mm7337-060131-0309-uxga

Sjon feels the same sense of peace and welcome.  Kruhl notices it too and stands up a little straighter.  

An image of the awakened goddess Amona Ahna appears before them

Amona Anha - Page 6 Sea_mo10

"Thank you, my friends.  You saved this island, which is the whole world to me.  My children are safe once more.  Please eat of my garden again and be restored."

The plants come into full bloom, offering their divine fruits.  

"Take some for your crew as well."

Amona Ahna address Sjon, "Moon Warden, I saw your battle with Firetail and flame creatures.  You fought with inspiration and used the waters of the ocean as your shield.  Please accept my blessing as champion of this island."

Amona Ahna's blessing

Watery Defense

You gain the ability to defend yourself by momentarily assuming a watery form. As a Reaction, when you are hit by an attack and take bludgeoning, piercing, or slashing damage from it, you can reduce that damage by an amount equal to your Druid level plus your Wisdom score, and then you can move up to 30 feet without provoking opportunity attacks. Once you use this special reaction, you can’t use it again until you finish a short or a long rest.

Kruhl staggers forward and drops to his knees, "I.... I know you.... goddess....  you.... you brought me the fruit... every morning.... 1 piece... it.... saved my life...."

Amona Ahna smiles down at Kruhl, "Yes, Oathbreaker.  I know that Nemesis abandoned you.  My brother can be.... harsh.  I see Good in you still, the Shadow does not hold sway over your soul, not yet.  The choice is yours, mortal.  But I give you another chance, use it wisely."

As Kruhl eats of Amona's garden, his sunken features dissolve.  Muscle tone returns to his bones.  The toll in years remains, though his spirit is restored.

Amona Ahna returns Kruhl's equipment to him, which her kobolds had stashed in the oasis.

Amona Anha - Page 6 Polar10

"Moon Warden,  return to the surface.  I will bid your crew farewell."

There is enough divine fruit for the whole crew.

Last edited by Chris on Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:24 pm

Hawkes, Sam, Renda and Abi walk back up through the lava tubes.  The heat remains, but there is no longer a sense of oppression in them.  They feel natural again

Amona Anha - Page 6 Lava_t10

Warily, the crew exits the side of the mountain, alert for the remaining Fire Giants.  They can hear laughter and celebration coming from the hot springs, where they first encountered the kobolds.

Amona Anha - Page 6 Hangin10

The crew reaches the oasis and sees an unexpected site.  2 Firbolgs  are lounging in the hot springs, which are now bubbling from underwater vents.  They are smiling and playing with the kobolds.  Kobolds dance, beat drums, clap, sing and feast on a tapir roasting over a pit.

Amona Anha - Page 6 54dd3610

The last Soothsayer approaches the crew with arms raised in a V

Amona Anha - Page 6 Sooths10

"Friendsssss!  You did it, you kill Charr!  Yesss.  Thanksss of the Goddess be with you."

She explains that the island goddess awoke after you defeated Charr.  Her presence calmed the Fire Giants who were weary of their life under Firetail's lash.  They were transformed into Firbolgs who love and protect nature.  

After a time, Sjon and a renewed Kruhl join the crew bearing divine fruit, which restores as if after a long rest.  

The Goddess Amona Ahna appears before the gathering of men, kobolds and firbolgs

Amona Anha - Page 6 Sea_mo10

"This island is once again free.  It is a Sanctuary for any of good heart and true need.  I will shroud the island in fog to conceal it from wickedness.  You are welcome here, as long as you hold to your current path."  

Amona Anha - Page 6 Volcan10

The 2 Firbolgs can carry 1 Finger of Charr to your ship to mount in place of a ballista.  It is very heavy and will take a total of 3 people to operate.  1 can fire it, but it takes 2 extra to aim it.  They break off the extra rock that surrounded the finger to reveal an usual weapon that is not from this world.

Amona Anha - Page 6 Laser10

Finger of Charr  

AC HP Damage Range Mount Cost Weight
    18 150 5d10 120/480 Medium  2000 lbs.

Radiant damage - ignores damage reduction\hardness against objects

Last edited by Chris on Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:26 pm

if you haven't already, +1up to 10th level cheers

continue to make your selections in Loot thread

whoever is running the story next can give us direction in OOG or start a new thread. the helm is yours
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:06 pm

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:04 am