Dropbox - http://www.dropbox.com/

Open Office - http://www.openoffice.org/

2 posters

Alan’s crazy multi classing character lab

navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Alan’s crazy multi classing character lab Left_bar_bleue68/68Alan’s crazy multi classing character lab Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Alan’s crazy multi classing character lab Left_bar_bleue0/0Alan’s crazy multi classing character lab Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Alan’s crazy multi classing character lab Empty Alan’s crazy multi classing character lab

Post  navyik Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:31 am

Place holder.

Matt, if this isn’t where you want this, delete without fear of annoying me. My guys will be in my Google docs until you clear me to put them here or elsewhere.
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Alan’s crazy multi classing character lab Left_bar_bleue60/112Alan’s crazy multi classing character lab Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    Alan’s crazy multi classing character lab Left_bar_bleue0/0Alan’s crazy multi classing character lab Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Alan’s crazy multi classing character lab Empty Re: Alan’s crazy multi classing character lab

Post  MAS Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:58 pm

Sorry I didnt see this before, its totally fine!
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Alan’s crazy multi classing character lab Left_bar_bleue68/68Alan’s crazy multi classing character lab Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Alan’s crazy multi classing character lab Empty Re: Alan’s crazy multi classing character lab

Post  navyik Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:16 pm

“Mudhucker”
    Chief Petty Officer Benjamin Brandywine
    (Navy Engineer/SEAL)

Infiltrator/ runner 1
    Techie / warrior/ infantry support 8
    Heavy / survivor / country gunman 4
    Grounder / juggernaut 1
    Sailor

5 Str 14 2 Cc 210.
    3 Dex 12 1 (sv6)
    9 Con 18 4 (ac mod, 2H Ranged) +2
    5 Int. 16 3 (perc) +1 +1
    3 Wis 12 1 (sv6) (One hand ranged)
    2 Cha 10 0

Proficiency +5
    Initiative d20+2d6+1

End 18

HP 138

HD 9d8
    5d10

AC 20 (Aramid Survival Suit MK2 +2 / night vision)
    The suit covers the wearer completely, sealing her from the outside envi-ronment. Mask: You are immune to gas attacks and inhaled poisons. Resistances (Mk2): fire and cold, as well as bludgeoning from nonmagical weapons. Wt. 37 with mods.

3 traits and a flaw
    Extra Fatigue
    Quick healer
    Thieves tools proficiency
    Hairless

ESP Maelstrom
    Wt. 55 (15 for 3 extra ammo boxes)
    Undermount Grenade Light Weapon
    Wt. 10 (6 lbs for 12 extra grenades)

Rocket Launcher
    Wt. 20 (10 for 5 extra rockets)

Sub Machine Gun
    Wt. 6 (4 for 4 extra clips)

SPP Pistol
    Wt. 3 (.5 for 4 extra clips) guided adv. 4x/day

Athletics bg 7
    Perception bg 8
    Stealth inf 6
    Engineering inf 8
    Computer inf 8
    Deception inf 5
    Demolitions tec 8
    Survival surv 6
    Thieves Tools 6/8
    Tinkers tools 8
    Engineers kit 8

Artillery Tallents 5

Overwatch You are able to target large areas in the battlefield and impede enemy advancement. While wielding an auto or auto-heavy weapon, spend 30 feet of movement on your turn and select a 10-foot cube (20-foot with autoheavy) within your weapon’s range. Until the beginning of your next turn, the area is considered difficult terrain to any enemy targets attempting to move through it. As a reaction, you can force an enemy that enters the area to make a Dexterity saving throw. A target takes your weapon damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one. You expend ammunition with each saving throw attempted.

Rank 2: The cube’s area increases by 10 feet (20 and 30 feet respectively).

Rank 3: Overwatch now costs only 20 feet of movement to use.

Rank 4: The cube’s area increases by 10 feet (30 and 40 feet respectively).

Sure-Footed You treat heavy weapons as two-handed small arms for the purposes of attack penalties while moving. This does not apply to super heavy weapons.

Fire support 1 / Brotherhood 1

Assault Tier 1: Whenever you make an autofire attack, you inflict additional damage equal to the amount you beat the enemy’s AC by, up to a maximum of 5 (for an auto weapon) or 10 (for an auto-heavy weapon).

Solid Frame When wielding a two-handed small arm, you do not suffer the -2 penalty to firing while moving.

Tech Savant 3

Immediacy Spend one tech point to gain an additional action on this turn. This action can be used to take any action except an Attack action.

Priorities spend HD to get 2 TP

Midas Touch While you are wielding a firearm, its damage die in-creases by one step (1d4 > 1d6 > 1d8 > 1d10 > 1d12 > 2d6 > d28 > 2d10). You can select this trait twice, and its effects stack with others that increase damage die size.

Infiltrator
    PROCEDURAL MEMORY 6 per short rest
    You have acquired a very particular set of skills over a very long career. Said skills are essential to be steadfast in your craft, and should never be up to chance. Start-ing at 1st level, you can re-roll undesirable d20 results you make. You gain as many uses of procedural memory as your Wisdom modifier + your proficiency bonus. You recover spent uses after you finish a short or long rest. You can re-roll as many times as you wish in re-sponse to a bad roll until you accept a result or run out of uses of procedural memory. When you use procedural memory, that roll (whether it be a skill check, ability check, saving throw, or attack roll) is also counted as having advantage. You cannot use procedural memory if you have disad-vantage. If you already have advantage, you still only get to re-roll one die result.

LEET
    Starting at 1st level, anytime you have advantage on an attack roll, the target of your attack has disadvantage on attack rolls against you until the beginning of your next turn.

INTENDED TARGET
    Starting at 1st level, you are able to dispatch enemies with extreme prejudice. Once per turn, if you hit on an attack you have advantage with, you can turn that at-tack into a critical hit. The target must be within 20 feet of you.

Engineering Kit TL 2
    Wt. 10

Widget Bag
    Wt. 5

Tinker’s tools
    Thieves tools

Portable Jammer 6lbs.

navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:25 pm

Again, I suspect that multi classing was not considered in this book. I think a much more complicated depreciation of abilities is required. For example, adding a level of Heavy might only provide a single artillery talent instead of 4. Perhaps adding a level of infiltrator significantly reduces the number of procedural memory uses one gains. For balance, the classes that don’t need to be nerfed like this confer fewer proficiencies.

Ladders are another conundrum because they confer ability raises. In order to work along side 5e, ladders must be assigned for each class, or an errata must add ladders to 5e.
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Alan’s crazy multi classing character lab Left_bar_bleue60/112Alan’s crazy multi classing character lab Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:34 pm

navyik wrote:Again, I suspect that multi classing was not considered in this book. I think a much more complicated depreciation of abilities is required. For example, adding a level of Heavy might only provide a single artillery talent instead of 4. Perhaps adding a level of infiltrator significantly reduces the number of procedural memory uses one gains. For balance, the classes that don’t need to be nerfed like this confer fewer proficiencies.

Ladders are another conundrum because they confer ability raises. In order to work along side 5e, ladders must be assigned for each class, or an errata must add ladders to 5e.

Im mostly catching on, but maybe I need to sit down and crunch o09ut a few multi class builds to fully appreciate what you are saying. It sounds like you feel multiclass overloads the power level, significantly?
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:13 pm

MAS wrote:
    navyik wrote:Again, I suspect that multi classing was not considered in this book. I think a much more complicated depreciation of abilities is required. For example, adding a level of Heavy might only provide a single artillery talent instead of 4. Perhaps adding a level of infiltrator significantly reduces the number of procedural memory uses one gains. For balance, the classes that don’t need to be nerfed like this confer fewer proficiencies.

Im mostly catching on, but maybe I need to sit down and crunch o09ut a few multi class builds to fully appreciate what you are saying. It sounds like you feel multiclass overloads the power level, significantly?

Multi classing only seems to be a problem because there isn’t a listing of limitations on what a character gains or doesn’t gain at the first level in a newly added class. We would need a list for classes and possibly ladders, though I don’t want to deprive them too deeply.

I think 1st level is scaled to provide more capability than the rest of the levels for some classes. I use the heavy as an example because he gets 4 artillery talents at first level after which they’re dispersed only one at a time. Maybe two is appropriate for multi classing or maybe just one.

There are other classes that get a lot at first level, like infiltrator. These are necessary to make them effective at low levels, but you could take one level in several classes and have a more powerful character than any equal level single classed character. Maybe in addition to the rules I suggested for proficiencies we could establish that any multi class levels that would provide multiple uses of an ability divide it by two and round down. That goes for points and such.

The goal should be that an Infiltrator 1 / Heavy 1 / Techie 1 is only a little more powerful than a Grounder 3. (Probably need too many 13’s to get much further than that at 1st level.
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:28 pm

I see. We can certainly look at some house rules - tempted to write the company and ask for some clarification.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:42 pm

MAS wrote:I see. We can certainly look at some house rules - tempted to write the company and ask for some clarification.

I think you should. It clearly is not considered. One should be able to transport a 5e Ranger through a dimensional portal to 2021 where he gains a level of infiltrator with the runner ladder. Right now there’s no conversion telling us what abilities need to be 13 or what skills and proficiencies he gains.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 2:54 am