Dropbox - http://www.dropbox.com/

Open Office - http://www.openoffice.org/

5 posters

The Hunters Hunted

Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    The Hunters Hunted - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0/0The Hunters Hunted - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    The Hunters Hunted - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0/0The Hunters Hunted - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

The Hunters Hunted - Page 4 Empty Re: The Hunters Hunted

Post  Robyo Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:40 pm

May I suggest someone tie up the beast while it's dazed?

Do any of you guys have stun setting on your blasters?
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    The Hunters Hunted - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue19/19The Hunters Hunted - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    The Hunters Hunted - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue1/0The Hunters Hunted - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:11 pm

I think most blasters have a stun setting?
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    The Hunters Hunted - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue68/68The Hunters Hunted - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:23 pm

A select few dont, but all of ours do except the rotary. I have the best stun if one of your characters wants to suggest it to my character...
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    The Hunters Hunted - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue35/35The Hunters Hunted - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:48 am

Daxx is up, followed by T'son. You effectively have 3 rounds where the Tusker cannot attack or move. It is not helpless, but it also isn't much of a threat.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    The Hunters Hunted - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue19/19The Hunters Hunted - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    The Hunters Hunted - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue1/0The Hunters Hunted - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:55 am

I'll let sharn do his thing...

perception check to keep watch for any other enemies.

Roll(1d20)+3:
    11,+3
    Total:14

meh
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    The Hunters Hunted - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue60/112The Hunters Hunted - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:48 am

"THIS ISNT A DAMN ZOOLOGICAL EXPEDITION. FOR FUCKS SAKE, KILL THE DAMN THING!"
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    The Hunters Hunted - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue35/35The Hunters Hunted - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:54 am

MAS wrote:"THIS ISNT A DAMN ZOOLOGICAL EXPEDITION. FOR FUCKS SAKE, KILL THE DAMN THING!"
    hehe, I think T'son is up, though really anyone can act, since you have 3 rounds while it is DAZED and incapable of actions
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:10 pm

"Sharn, I think you need to speed this up"
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:12 pm

since this fight is essentially over.... just decide what you want to do with the Dazed beastie

can everyone post their VP\VP and WP\WP?

I know some of you used healing after the Mando ambush and keep in mind that everyone heals 6 VP per hour rested, 12 per hour for Sharn. and after 1 hour the Vitality Force heals become available again.

there are some small caves, where the tuskbeasts were hiding, that are not visible from above and are pretty well concealed in general, if the party chooses to rest here for a couple hours.

once you decide whether you are resting or not, we can resolve that and move onto the next thread.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:35 pm

I vote for resting for a couple hours.

Daxx's Vitality: 45/66. Wounds 13/13. 1 force point (sure would love to get some of those back) Wink

Chris, I just want to make sure... Daxx does not seem to have been hit in this fight from what I can tell or remember. That correct?

If anyone needs a Heal Another attempt, just let me know.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:04 pm

WTF? Don't blame Sharn for your inaction. I've mentioned twice now that the beast could be stunned by one or more blasters. Crikey!

Sharn doesn't want the beast slain however. It will be helpful to have a live specimen of one of these mutant tuskbeasts to study. I'm sure Thana agrees?

Which brings up my next point: Why don't we have tranquilizers or stun guns? This is a science outpost. Are we just expected to massacre any belligerent wildlife we encounter on this expedition? Please remind me, what is our mission objective, besides just checking out their den?

Anyways, while the creature is still Dazed,
    Sharn jumps off the tuskbeast.
    Athletics check:
    9+19=28

He ties his net to a boulder (anchored) and throws the net over the beast:
    (+1 for Point Blank Range... 2 meters distance)
    4+1+8=13
    If that doesn't cut it, he tries again, while the TB is still Dazed:
    4+1+18=23
    *BTW, are you giving Str bonus for thrown weapons? I didn't see it in the rules, but it makes sense to me.

Then, Sharn will "chill-out" and let the Rage subside... When enough time is passed, he will attempt Friendship (Force Skill) on the beast:
    0+11=11
    Spend a Force Point (Use the Dark Side: 3d6):
    +14
    Total: 0+11+14=25
    Cost: 2 Vitality

Who knows, maybe it will someday be Sharn's new mount and animal companion. Cool 

Sharn's current vitality: 23/48

Not yet sure how long we plan to hang out here. If it's only a short time, then he will need to use Heal Self, but if it's a longer stay, that might not be necessary.

Anyone else wounded and in need of healing?

Irwin will cautiously buzz inside the caves and report what he sees.
    Stealth check:
    4+8=12
    Perception check:
    4+15=19
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:59 pm

I actually agree with you completely Rob... just hurry up. Wink
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:20 pm

Robyo wrote:
    Which brings up my next point: Why don't we have tranquilizers or stun guns? This is a science outpost. Are we just expected to massacre any belligerent wildlife we encounter on this expedition? Please remind me, what is our mission objective, besides just checking out their den?
    Chris wrote:just a reminder, from the prologue which was back in June  
    Chris wrote:
    The Hunters Hunted - Page 4 Madine12

General Madine shakes his head and continues.  "We have a situation emerging on planet Kintan.....

"A leading Republic Biologist, Dr. Alexsandur Helian in charge of the science team.  Perhaps he was too proud to ask for help sooner, but word finally reached the Republic through his undergraduate assistant Thana Rist that their research station was being attacked by the very creatures they are studying.  Her call for help is our ticket onto to Kintan and our chance to help the Kaminoians."

Madine continues, "To complicate matters, the Nikto are divided into tribes that are constantly at war with each other.  The Pale Nikto, who inhabit the coastal region of Gluss'elta have been found to be trading strange artifacts.  Jedi Master Duros, can you explain?"

The Hunters Hunted - Page 4 Master12

Master Duros holds up a hologram of what looks like a tribal totem with a dark crystal embedded in it.  

The Hunters Hunted - Page 4 Crysta10

"I have only gotten my hands on a couple of these, but the sellers said they came from Pale Nikto seeking weapons in trade.  They pulse with a strong Dark Side energy.  If they have come to our attention, then the Sith have most certainly also noticed that some of their artifacts are in circulation.  My padawan, Dax Tay-nari, should be able to analyze and collect more for the Jedi to study.  Agent Ash Falcata?"

The Hunters Hunted - Page 4 Bothan11

The Bothan's fur ripples as speaks, "We have reason to believe Sith agents are already present on Kintan and more are likely on their way.  Agent Hoil, you must accompany this mission as a field assistant to Sargent Rahku, but your true mission is to root out the Sith Infiltrators on Kintan.  Find out what you can about the artifacts, but eliminate any possibility that they reclaim any Holocrons if there is indeed an old Sith Temple or Tomb on Kintan."

Another image interupts the Bothan Spymaster....  Satele Shan, Grandmaster of the Jedi Order appears before the group

The Hunters Hunted - Page 4 Holo_s10

Master Duros, General Madine and Spymaster Falcata immediately bow with respect.

Satele speaks in a calm but commanding voice, "I am sorry I could not join you sooner, my cruiser was still in hyperspace returning from the Kamino homeworld.  I sensed a dark presence there, but I was unable to locate it.  This has caused me to rethink the briefing I provided Master Duros.  The beasts and artifacts are important, but I want to be clear, the real goal is to protect the Kamino Science Division.  The Kaminoians are master geneticists and in particular cloners.  I sense that the rest of this is a diversion by the Sith to infiltrate and gain control over the Kaminoians.  We must protect them and earn their trust.  They are a reclusive race, usually avoiding galactic politics, but if the Sith were gain influence over them, they would be a powerful weapon against the Republic.  I shudder to think how many worlds would be lost if the Sith were to gain a Clone Army.  We must not allow this to happen.  May the Force be with you."

Satele Chan's holo fades out.

Chris wrote:The Mitochondria limps onto a landing pad at the Kaminoian Research & Integrated Science Station: K.R.I.S.S.  

Waiting on the landing pad are the following beings:

A pair of tall slender aliens (non of you have ever seen a Kaminoian) with pale skin, named Orun Ne and Kai Sol

The Hunters Hunted - Page 4 Kamino13

The Hunters Hunted - Page 4 Kamino12

Orun bows his long neck, "Welcome to KRISS, Republic friends.  We thank you for timely arrival and aid in returning the Dr. to safety.  PA-2K here will see to your needs.  Feel free to explore KRISS or ask my assistant Kai Sol any questions after you are settled."

Chris wrote:

The Hunters Hunted - Page 4 Helian11

Helian shoots Kai Sol a frustrated look at the interruption.  

The Hunters Hunted - Page 4 Dr_hel10

The Hunters Hunted - Page 4 Kamino10

Kai Sol makes a welcoming gesture with his long graceful arms, "Welcome Republic friends, come closer, you will find this most interesting.  This is a typical Whiptail."  Kai gestures to a corpse in the durasteel cage.  

The Hunters Hunted - Page 4 Gw2_de10

Kai Sol continues, "And this is one that the Nikto recovered after your daring rescue yesterday.  They were scavenging the Tuskbeast remains.  Notice how it is 23% larger, even though it is a younger specimen, as you can see it's tail nobs are not fully developed, this is an adolescent.  However also note how it has the some of the same purple crystals, much like the Spine Dragon?  At first we thought they were embedded in it's hide, but they are in fact, growing off the skin of the Whiptail, most remarkable!"

The Hunters Hunted - Page 4 Gw2_br10

Helian flashes Thana a smug grin, "You see?  I was right all these years!  The Force is actively altering the evolutionary path of the creatures on Kintan through these crystals."  Helian looks at the party directly for the first time, his voices rises to near fever pitches, "I was laughed out of Coruscant, but my theory is correct.  There is an intelligence to the Force.  The Force manifests in the material world through microscopic organisms that reside in all cells.  I need your help to uncover the connection between the crystals, the radiation from M'dweshuu and the accelerated evolution of the Spine Dragons, Tuskbeats, Whiptails....."

The Hunters Hunted - Page 4 Kamino11

Kai politely interrupts, "The Kamino Science Counsel is most interested in the Tuskbeasts for.... commercial applications.  Perhaps we should begin with the den the Nikto found?"

The Hunters Hunted - Page 4 Twilek11

Thana adds, "That was the den I found, remember doctor?  I told you there were some crystal formations in the cave.  Let me go with them, I can.... preserve any samples they find for you."

Dr. Helian is clearly annoyed with his assistant, "Fine, go with them."  He mutters something under his breath, it is hard to make out, but it sounded like, "maybe they will eat you and rid me of your stupidity."
    Ok, so to sum up.....

Sith agents at work
    Sith artifacts being spread by Nikto, possibly from a Sith Tomb or temple
    Creatures exhibiting overly-aggressive behavior, attacking the science base and now growing crystals
    Kaminoains (the Republic prize) are interested in the Tuskbeasts for commercial applications (read, selling them as clone monsters)

Thana hasn't had a chance to collect specimens of the Tuskbeasts yet, the combat has been on going until Rob's last post.  She has the tools and the knowledge.  She is not need a living specimen.

All blasters have stun settings and since no tranquilizers were asked for or given scratch  then you will have to use what you have.  Nobody said they wanted one alive.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:27 pm

Robyo wrote:

Then, Sharn will "chill-out" and let the Rage subside... When enough time is passed, he will attempt Friendship (Force Skill) on the beast:
    0+11=11
    Spend a Force Point (Use the Dark Side: 3d6):
    +14
    Total: 0+11+14=25
    Cost: 2 Vitality

Irwin will cautiously buzz inside the caves and report what he sees.
    Stealth check:
    4+8=12
    Perception check:
    4+15=19
    Sharn cools his furry heels until the Fatigue wears off.  The Wookie cautiously approaches the Tuskbeast who is bound under his anchored net.  It snarls and growls, but Sharn reaches out with the Force and connects with the beast.  Perhaps Sharn's own natural Rage gives them a common bond.  The Tuskbeast visibly relaxes and allows Sharn to approach it (it is now Friendly, but just barely).

Irwin reports the caves are no more than 3-5m deep and have some bones, debris and feces in them.  Otherwise they are empty\safe.

Sharn takes another -5 slide on the Force Atunement scale for calling on the Dark Side.  Twisted Evil

str for thrown weapons, yes, as per all other d20 games

Josh - I don't recall if Daxx got hit or not, you will have to check, hopefully everyone is keeping track of their conditions study 

As a round number, I would guess a 2-3 hr rest, assuming the Force users use their heals each hour would get everyone back up to full. Let me know if you want to rest, so I can roll for wandering monster\Mando patrols.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:33 pm

The Hunters Hunted - Page 4 Twilek14

Thana will take this opportunity to study the slain crystallized tuskbeasts.  She takes samples and scans the corpses with her medical equipment.  She shakes her head, "I hate to say it.... but Dr. Helian might be right.  These crystals seem to have a connection to the Force and they seem to be tied to the physical and behavioral changes in the Tuskbeasts.  If Dr. Helian can replicate this, the Kaminoains could breed and clone these monsters.  I can't imagine anyone but the Sith Empire as a potential buyer for such a creation."  She shutters to herself. "We need to figure out what is causing the mutations. I guess that means we go into their den?"
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:31 pm

thanks for saving me the trouble to ask a couple more questions.

I don't see a point when I was hit, was just double checking.  I vote for rest, I can heal myself and one other in 2-3 hours.  As to how we get the tusk beast back, up to you all.  Daxx would rather it was not slain just to be studied though, as there are other dead ones available.

Is there a 'safe' way to grab some of these crystals to bring back for my master?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:59 pm

whit10 wrote:
    Is there a 'safe' way to grab some of these crystals to bring back for my master?
    the ones on the canyon floor and rocks can just be picked up, you would have to cut them off the tuskbeasts somehow, but that shouldn't too hard either
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:14 am

ok, bag up a few of the crystals for da massa
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:52 am

Thanks for the sum up! I really appreciate the occasional recap since I really don't know SW lore, particularly from TOR era. And also enjoying the convoluted meta-plot that is going on. Kudos GM!

3 hour rest sounds good to me. Heal self, heal others, yadda yadda.

Sharn helps collect some crystals.

Perhaps we can use the last living mutant tuskbeast to help infiltrate the den? It could go in first and we follow behind? Trying to formulate a plan...
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:21 pm

whit10 wrote:ok, bag up a few of the crystals for da massa
    Both Sharn and Daxx grab some more loose crystals. They can both sense that they do radiate with dark side energy and can act as a conduit for Force powers, which is why Sharn got the +2 boost to some rolls in the last encounter.

Robyo wrote:Thanks for the sum up! I really appreciate the occasional recap since I really don't know SW lore, particularly from TOR era. And also enjoying the convoluted meta-plot that is going on. Kudos GM!

3 hour rest sounds good to me. Heal self, heal others, yadda yadda.

Sharn helps collect some crystals.

Perhaps we can use the last living mutant tuskbeast to help infiltrate the den? It could go in first and we follow behind? Trying to formulate a plan...
    I am glad you are enjoying it! I am hoping that it will all get tied up nicely in the next couple encounters.

A plan? I like it!

How about a Handle Animal or even Diplomacy (?) to get your new friendly Tuskbeast to lead you to its home?

If everyone agrees, then I will make the wandering encounter checks and you can all get rested up for the next leg of the dungeon crawl.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:26 pm

Let me know when I can make a Heal Self check for Daxx... I can heal someone else next round too. Rakhu?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:31 pm

whit10 wrote:Let me know when I can make a Heal Self check for Daxx... I can heal someone else next round too.  Rakhu?
    that's the whole point of just resting for 3 hours, we don't need to make a bunch of meaningless rolls Wink
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:34 pm

whoops, forgot about that. cool man
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:49 pm

ok, moving on to the next thread.....

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:54 pm