Dropbox - http://www.dropbox.com/

Open Office - http://www.openoffice.org/

5 posters

The Hunters Hunted

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    The Hunters Hunted - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue35/35The Hunters Hunted - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    The Hunters Hunted - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0The Hunters Hunted - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

The Hunters Hunted - Page 2 Empty Re: The Hunters Hunted

Post  Chris Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:57 pm

whit10 wrote:isn't deflect only for blaster fire?  Don't really see a need at the moment

...and isn't the tuskbeast entangled?
    Ok, your call.  You are right, Deflect does say blaster or any projectile.  I would agree with that for Redirect, certainly, but I would also allow the Deflect (defense) part for melee attacks - blocking is blocking.

whit10 wrote:that doesn't make a lick o' sense but whatever.
    Alan is right here.  Entangle doesn't prevent the creature from attacking within it's threat zone, otherwise it would be a full STUN, which it isn't, it only immobilizes and provides specific penalties, per the description.

Entangled: The character is ensnared. Being entangled impedes movement, but does not entirely prevent it unless the bonds are anchored to an immobile object or tethered by an opposing force. An entangled creature moves at half speed, cannot run or charge, and takes a –2 penalty on all attack rolls and a –4 penalty to Dexterity.

Tuskbeast AoO

Roll(1d20)+16:
    8,+16 -2
    Total:22

I think that hits, but can you confirm your current DC with EA vs melee w\o deflect?

damage, if that hits

Roll(2d4)+4:
    3,3,+4
    Total:10

The Hunters Hunted - Page 2 Desert20

T'son is up
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    The Hunters Hunted - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue60/112The Hunters Hunted - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    The Hunters Hunted - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0The Hunters Hunted - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:47 pm

Tson (off the board and towards the end of the formation IIRC) pulls a 360* scan of the area and provides rear security.

Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +11" :

15 + 11 = 26
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    The Hunters Hunted - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue19/19The Hunters Hunted - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    The Hunters Hunted - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1/0The Hunters Hunted - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:03 pm

My apologies Chris, I should have posted my current Defense. He misses by one, it's a 23 currently, 2 higher vs. blaster fire.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    The Hunters Hunted - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue35/35The Hunters Hunted - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:41 pm

whit10 wrote:My apologies Chris, I should have posted my current Defense.  He misses by one, it's a 23 currently, 2 higher vs. blaster fire.
    no worries, mate.  Daxx's DC changes from round to round Wink

MAS wrote:Tson (off the board and towards the end of the formation IIRC) pulls a 360* scan of the area and provides rear security.
    15 + 11 = 26
    T'son was only 1 hex off the map, so I moved him 2m into a visible spot on the map, he is not threatened by the TB, there is rock in between them.

T'son sweeps the canyon behind the party, but sees nothing unusual.

Chris wrote:Initiative:

Tuskbeasts 16
    Sharn\Irwin 11
    Revis + Duros 8
    Rakhu 7 (dex)
    Daxx 7
    T'son 5

TOP 'O THE ROUND

The entangled TB ignores the netting and takes a full attack on Sharn with its jaws and tusks

tusks
    Roll(1d20)+14:
    9,+14
    Total:23

damage
    Roll(2d4)+4:
    4,1,+4
    Total:9

bite
    Roll(1d20)+8:
    2,+8
    miss

The other TB takes his 2m step, no AoO since he only moves 1 hex in the threat zone and stops and takes a full attack on Rakhu.

bite

Roll(1d20)+10:
    9,+10
    Total:19

miss

tusks
    Roll(1d20)+16:
    14,+16
    Total:30

damage
    Roll(2d4)+4:
    1,1,+4
    Total:6

merely a flesh wound, sire!

The Hunters Hunted - Page 2 Desert22

Sharn and Irwin are up.  I need perception checks from Irwin, Sharn, Rakhu and Daxx.  T'son has no LOS and the Duros is too scared to notice anything.  

Rob - is this map position ok for Iriwn?  If not, just let me know where you want him.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    The Hunters Hunted - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue68/68The Hunters Hunted - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:20 pm

"Talib, take the pike and back off."
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:49 pm

navyik wrote:"Talib, take the pike and back off."
    Rakhu can say that now and drop the pike on his turn as a free action.  Talib can pick it up if he delays.... or he might be lost in fear

*edit. After consulting Radiance, which I think has the best rules for actions, I think this is a Swift action, so it is free, but not specifically an Immediate action (like an interrupt) which can be used outside of the player's turn. This is what I said above, but Radiance states it more clearly than I did.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:10 pm

Sharn Perception check:
    7+10=17

Irwin's placement looks fine. It's not doing anything in the fight, so just remember the droid is flying above the canyon, hopefully out of range of the tuskbeasts.

Sharn uses move object on the entangled tuskbeast:
    12+4=16
    Spend a Force Point (dark side):
    3d6=+8
    thus, 12+4=16+8=24

Sharn is attempting to lift the entangled tuskbeast high above the other tuskbeast, then drop him on his buddy.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    The Hunters Hunted - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue68/68The Hunters Hunted - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:02 am

Percep 11+9=20

Vit 43/ 64 w 14/14
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:03 pm

Robyo wrote:Sharn Perception check:
    7+10=17

Irwin's placement looks fine. It's not doing anything in the fight, so just remember the droid is flying above the canyon, hopefully out of range of the tuskbeasts.

Sharn uses move object on the entangled tuskbeast:
    12+4=16
    Spend a Force Point (dark side):
    3d6=+8
    thus, 12+4=16+8=24

Sharn is attempting to lift the entangled tuskbeast high above the other tuskbeast, then drop him on his buddy.
    Ok, just a reminder that intentionally calling on the Dark Side (for the extra d6) slides your attunement towards the Dark side by -5.

Sharn reaches out with the Force and lifts (failed save) the Tuskbeast into the air. As Sharn's intent becomes manifest, he feels the dark purple crystal pulse with energy (+2 to his roll). The Tuskbeast drops on its neighbor with a loud thud.

They both get reflex saves for half damage, which they both fail. Can someone with a book double check the max range you can move an object, to determine falling damage for me?

Neither Sharn nor Rakhu see anything. Irwin perception?
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    The Hunters Hunted - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue19/19The Hunters Hunted - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    The Hunters Hunted - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1/0The Hunters Hunted - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:13 pm

oh great, we're going to have a dark-side wookie on our hands soon. yikes! Wink
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:34 pm

whit10 wrote:oh great, we're going to have a dark-side wookie on our hands soon.  yikes!  Wink
    Should be interesting... luke used force grip...
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:41 pm

navyik wrote:
    whit10 wrote:oh great, we're going to have a dark-side wookie on our hands soon.  yikes!  Wink
    Should be interesting... luke used force grip...
    and Luke gave in to fear and anger\rage..... much like his father he is.

by the books, Luke definitely called on the Dark Side for Force points (extra dice) to beat Vader at the end of RotJ
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:52 pm

I like the sliding scale... real life isnt always a duality, but is full of slippery slopes, trees and powder wells... beware sharn...
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:51 pm

navyik wrote:I like the sliding scale... real life isnt always a duality, but is full of slippery slopes, trees and powder wells... beware sharn...
    and just to be clear, Sharn got a dark side adjustment for calling on the Dark Side for extra dice, not for using Move Object as an attack (different from the actual rules, see house rules)
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:58 pm

I was more just making a joke... could really care less about the dark vs. light thing anyway. It's too black and white (I like the sliding scale too)

Lucas created a world that doesn't really make a lot of sense if you try to look into the Jedi too much, IMO.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:18 pm

Chris wrote:
    navyik wrote:I like the sliding scale... real life isnt always a duality, but is full of slippery slopes, trees and powder wells... beware sharn...
    and just to be clear, Sharn got a dark side adjustment for calling on the Dark Side for extra dice, not for using Move Object as an attack (different from the actual rules, see house rules)
    I didn't know we could "call on the dark side." I just figured it was a dark side action to use the force (move object) in a violent way.

Move Object range is 4xForce User Level in meters. So, 24 meters.

Irwin perception:
    4+20=24
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:44 pm

yeah, that can be a bit confusing, sorry

you can use force powers as attacks, see the house rules. it is dark side when it is specifically... well.... dark. ie done with anger\fear\hatred\cruelty etc. by the same token you can get dark side points for doing non-force actions (like torture) which are dark

if you want the extra dice provided by the "quick and easy path" you are calling on the Dark Side, thus you gain Dark side points. you can also call on the Dark Side for a Force Point, even if you are out of Force Points, beware! this "quick and easy" power can be addictive and "once you start down the dark path....."
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:22 pm

lol... that was exactly the part of the 'jedi creed' that I've always wanted to tee-off on. I do like the way that you're handling teh dark side stuff though
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:38 pm

Lucas created an order that is rigidly polarized against its opponent and therefore in code and ideal quite realistic. The fact that his major characters struggle with the way this code restricts their individuality and retrains their natural feelings is surprizingly realistic in light of his overly pedestrian dialogue writing skills...scratch 
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    The Hunters Hunted - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue60/112The Hunters Hunted - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:47 pm

navyik wrote:Lucas created an order that is rigidly polarized against its opponent and therefore in code and ideal quite realistic.  The fact that his major characters struggle with the way this code restricts their individuality and retrains their natural feelings is surprizingly realistic in light of his overly pedestrian dialogue writing skills...scratch 
    Well said !
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:49 pm

Well said but I still think he's overly simplistic when it comes to morality.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:05 am

whit10 wrote:Well said but I still think he's overly simplistic when it comes to morality.  
    Jedi code is. Luke, han, even anakin (yuck) are morally conflicted. Han shot first...pirat 
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:24 am

Robyo wrote:

Irwin perception:
    4+20=24
    Thanks, Rob. I knew it was something particular. So 24m = ~72ft so 7d6 falling damage, with failed reflex saves

damage

Result of the throw of dice "7d6" :

5 + 6 + 5 + 4 + 4 + 2 + 5 = 31

Irwin is busy filming the fight or distracted by the carrion birds circling around him, he notices nothing.

Talib is backed up against the rock and too scared to think properly. He will obey Rakhu and pick up the force pike after it is dropped

Rakhu is up
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:39 pm

Chris wrote:
    Robyo wrote:

Irwin perception:
    4+20=24
    Thanks, Rob.  I knew it was something particular.  So 24m = ~72ft so 7d6 falling damage, with failed reflex saves

damage

Irwin is busy filming the fight or distracted by the carrion birds circling around him, he notices nothing.
    SW rules (p289) say a character takes 1d6 damage per 4 meters. If failed save, damage applies to wounds directly.

The SW book doesn't mention it, but I would think falling 24 meters or so would warrant a "Stun" condition? Looking at SW's list of conditions, they have Unconscious and they have Knocked Out.

Also, what are the chances of the net entangling them both?
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:25 pm

5' step up away from critters. Drops pike. Draw firelance and fire at whichever varmint twitches first.

10+10=20

Dmg 4+1+8=13
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:15 am

Robyo wrote:

SW rules (p289) say a character takes 1d6 damage per 4 meters. If failed save, damage applies to wounds directly.

The SW book doesn't mention it, but I would think falling 24 meters or so would warrant a "Stun" condition? Looking at SW's list of conditions, they have Unconscious and they have Knocked Out.

Also, what are the chances of the net entangling them both?
    affraid ack!  you are right, I totally forgot about falling damage going to the wounds, good call!  I did roll too many dice as well, but even taking out the last die (5) that gives 26 damage straight to the wounds, more than enough to kill both Tuskbeasts.

The Hunters Hunted - Page 2 Wileec11

Sharn drops one creature on top of the other and the crunching of bones echoes through the canyons.

study  It is a good suggestion, but wound damage is more than enough without adding a stun effect.  I think a net can only entangle something 1 size larger, so 2 large creatures would be huge.

Since Rakhu now has no target, he can make another perception check
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:08 am

4+9=13
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:25 am

navyik wrote:4+9=13
    sorry guys!  I did make an update yesterday, but apparently it didn't save scratch 

Rakhu notices nothing, but still has his action.  

Daxx and T'son are up next too

The Hunters Hunted - Page 2 Desert24
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:06 pm

er, um... perception check? lol

perception:

Roll(1d20)+3:
    4,+3
    Total:7

lol... why am I not surprised.
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:06 pm

Tson moves forward to examine the crystals.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:11 pm

MAS wrote:Tson moves forward to examine the crystals.
    position ok?

more of the same crystals like you saw in the deep desert, like the ones the Sith artifacts were crafted from, like were growing off the spine dragon

T'son can make another perception check too

The Hunters Hunted - Page 2 Desert25

Any other actions for Daxx or Rakhu?

otherwise the round will end and you will lose your actions
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:32 pm

Perception -

17 + 11 = 28
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:39 pm

MAS wrote:Perception -

17 + 11 = 28
    T'son doesn't see anything..... but his Gotal Nodes are tingling
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:45 pm

Tson moves to take any cover available.

Is the energy signature familiar in any way? Is it "classifiable" in any way?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:56 pm

MAS wrote:Tson moves to take any cover available.

Is the energy signature familiar in any way? Is it "classifiable" in any way?
    T'son actually failed his perception check, so he doesn't get anymore information, but its as if he senses are being obfuscated or blocked somehow (T'son was very close, but there was a specific bonus to the 'stealth' check that is the difference between success and failure, so I was just trying to roleplay that adjustment)

T'son is out of actions, but he is standing next to those dark brown hexes, which represent a rock cluster in the middle of the canyon floor.  The dark brown hexes are 2-3m in height and the tan hex in the middle is 4-5m.  The crystals are growing all over that rock formation. Technically T'son has cover from the N, NE, E. he could crouch or drop prone as a free action.
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:03 pm

Tson crouches.

"Something is....not right. Be wary!"
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:21 pm

To thana, "have you been this far in before?" Ready attack to cover t'son. "Talib. Back into the column, and if you point that pike at my people i will let the wookie drop you on it ass first."
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:22 pm

Sharn is unhappy. "Grangor mushtaraff maskanar vengrin tuskamarrroww growlar," he mutters. {There is no honor in the death of the tuskbeasts.}

He turns to the others. "Quandiron! Vanganor growlar murraarr. Lashp ming vanganor. Tandarrggh moy wah warantini." {Death no more! We are the invaders of their home territory. Set your weapons for stun.}

Sharn gathers his net. He covers the body of Revis with a survival blanket. He also goes to inspect the crystals on the rock. Perhaps we could move the rock using the Force?

"Gandanor vangarin mushtaraff. Growlarring vangarooo mahha. Lastanyn blangno. Laterrin maxidor Revishka glandarin." {It's a good bet others are coming. Maybe we set an ambush for them. Make a trap now. We can use the scent of Revis corpse to lure them into the trap.}
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:05 pm

Thana replies, "Yes, I have been to the Tuskbeasts den, but that was weeks ago, before my request to the Republic for help and before they became so aggressive."

Robyo wrote:
    Sharn gathers his net. He covers the body of Revis with a survival blanket. He also goes to inspect the crystals on the rock. Perhaps we could move the rock using the Force?

"Gandanor vangarin mushtaraff. Growlarring vangarooo mahha. Lastanyn blangno. Laterrin maxidor Revishka glandarin." {It's a good bet others are coming.
    Sharn covers Revis and speaks his prophetic words as he arrives at the crystal covered rocks.  Rakhu declared overwatch on T'son.  No one else declared any readied actions.  Just as Sharn looks up at the crystals, a pair of crystal encrusted tusks emerge over the top of the rock.  

A Tuskbeast, smaller and younger looking, but covered in dark purple crystals, faintly glowing from their energy, jumps down on T'son.

Rakhu, gets his overwatch on the one jumping on T'son.

Nobody else beat their stealth (+16) checks (T'son's 28 was close) 2 more glowing crystal covered tuskbeasts come charging out of their hiding spots at Daxx and Rakhu.  It is their turn, I am just letting Rakhu resolve his readied action first, then they will attack at the top of the round.

It seems these younger tuskbeasts used the older (non crystal) ones as bait or at least pawns.....

The Hunters Hunted - Page 2 Desert26
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:22 pm

First: Oh shit!

Second: Are we just forgoing initiative for perception? I am just wondering.
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:47 pm

Its a surprise round. Rahku is acting because he readied an action.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:48 pm

On the point beast.

15+10=25

Dmg 2+2+7=11
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:14 am

MAS wrote:Its a surprise round. Rahku is acting because he readied an action.
    It is still the same fight. Cool

These 3 have been moving with stealth the whole time, which is why I have been asking for perception checks from everybody each round (most recently: n*54, n*76, n*81) and why I asked Daxx and T'son if they wanted to ready an action, like Rakhu, before the last round ended.

Everyone is still acting with the same initiatives and Rakhu is finishing his readied action from last round. The Tuskbeasts revealed themselves at their action at the beginning of a new round. You are seeing them mid-action, as they charge, since Rakhu gets his readied interrupt.

navyik wrote:On the point beast.

15+10=25

Dmg  2+2+7=11
    a hit, but it doesn't stop the pounce on T'son

dropping from higher ground with its tusks

Roll(1d20)+17:
    17,+17
    Total:34

damage

Tusks
    Roll(2d4)+4:
    4,4,+4
    Total:12

Lightning
    Roll(1d8)+0:
    5,+0
    Total:5

The purple crystals flash with energy as the beast gores T'son. There is a crackle of lightning and T'son feels not only the physical tusks, but also an electrical surge with the hit.

Tuskbeast on Daxx, charging gore
    Roll(1d20)+18:
    17,+18
    Total:35

tusks
    Roll(2d4)+4:
    1,4,+4
    Total:9

lightning
    Roll(1d8)+0:
    7,+0
    Total:7

Tuskbeast on Rakhu
    Roll(1d20)+18:
    15,+18
    Total:33

tusks
    Roll(2d4)+4:
    3,3,+4

lightning
    Roll(1d8)+0:
    1,+0
    Total:1

The Hunters Hunted - Page 2 Desert27

Chris wrote:Initiative:

Tuskbeasts 16
    Sharn\Irwin 11
    Revis + Duros 8
    Rakhu 7 (dex)
    Daxx 7
    T'son 5

Sharn and Irwin are up
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:49 am

Move Object on the tuskbeast attacking T'son. I take it it's still +2 for holding the crystal?:
    12+2+1= 15 or fumble, not sure which (since one doesn't normally fumble a skill, but I suppose this could be considered an attack), probably fail either way...
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:19 am

Robyo wrote:Move Object on the tuskbeast attacking T'son. I take it it's still +2 for holding the crystal?:
    12+2+1= 15 or fumble, not sure which (since one doesn't normally fumble a skill, but I suppose this could be considered an attack), probably fail either way...
    yes, still +2 for crystal. Full Round action (used as attack) to lift a Large size creature (-4 vitality, you still pay if you fail the roll). you are right on both counts, but a 15 fails to lift by weight anyways.

In general, I would think just a 'fail' on a 1 when a skill is used as an attack is reasonable.

Irwin?

The Duros fails his Will save, drops the pike and tries unsuccessfully to climb the canyon wall to his west. (he wants to flee, but there are TBs blocking all other routes).

Rakhu is up, followed by Daxx
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:24 pm

2m step to the duros' previous square.  Force point: 3+4=7
    3 shots at the tb near t'son, and moving on to the one by thana if it drops.

7+7+7=21
    Dmg 3d8=14

8+7+7=22
    Dmg 3d8=13

7+7+7=21
    Dmg 3d8=17

Vit 35/64 w 14/14
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:30 pm

Daxx will go when the GM says ok
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:10 pm

navyik wrote:2m step to the duros' previous square.  Force point: 3+4=7
    3 shots at the tb near t'son, and moving on to the one by thana if it drops.

7+7+7=21
    Dmg 3d8=14

8+7+7=22
    Dmg 3d8=13

7+7+7=21
    Dmg 3d8=17

Vit 35/64  w 14/14
    *good use of precise shot, or you would have missed*

The beast takes the firs two shots, but the third study rolls dice study he seems to absorb without injury

Fort save
    Roll(1d20)+9:
    17,+9
    Total:26

it is still up, but just barely

Daxx is up
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:30 pm

two swings at the beast in front of Daxx:

Roll(1d20)+12:
    20,+12
    Total:32

Yes!!!

Confirm:

Roll(1d20)+12:
    12,+12
    Total:24... uh, not sure on that.

Damage:

Roll(3d8)+1:
    5,3,7,+1
    Total:16

Second swing:

Roll(1d20)+7:
    4,+7
    Total:11

damn
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:44 pm

whit10 wrote:two swings at the beast in front of Daxx:

Roll(1d20)+12:
    20,+12
    Total:32

Yes!!!

Confirm:

Roll(1d20)+12:
    12,+12
    Total:24...   uh, not sure on that.