Chris
7 posters

The Prestige

MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    The Prestige - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue60/112The Prestige - Page 10 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    The Prestige - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue0/0The Prestige - Page 10 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

The Prestige - Page 10 Empty Re: The Prestige

Post  MAS Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:03 am

Tson's looks down at the scene below, his focus narrowing to weave a force-fueled illusion within the chaos of the Alpha-Strikes explosions -

Massive segments of the Temple break away in the destruction, and rain directly down in a crushing avalanche that crushes the Dread Masters and Sith lord alike.

As per the GM's rulings on illusion, this will be of the "phantasmal killer" variety.

Burning last force point, light side -

Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +2d6 +9" :

18 + 1 + 3 + 9 = 31

Will save DC will be 25.

-3 vitality (or more, as per GM).
    Chirs2
    Chirs2

Post  Chirs2 Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:48 am

navyik wrote:Double alpha strike:
    Force point 1+4=5 (yes i still have some)
    Sz&FC=5
    Att. Bon=8
    2+18=20 (should hit broadside of barn...)
    Dmg: 9d10=29x2=58
    15+18=32 (oh yeah)
    Dmg: 9d10=45x2=90

just to clarify... is your target the temple?  It was discussed but you didn't specify on your attack

MAS wrote:Tson's looks down at the scene below, his focus narrowing to weave a force-fueled illusion within the chaos of the Alpha-Strikes explosions -
    Massive segments of the Temple break away in the destruction, and rain directly down in a crushing avalanche that crushes the Dread Masters and Sith lord alike.
    As per the GM's rulings on illusion, this will be of the "phantasmal killer" variety.
    Burning last force point, light side -
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +2d6 +9" :
    18 + 1 + 3 + 9 = 31
    Will save DC will be 25.
    -3 vitality (or more, as per GM).

right, here is the House Rule quote

Chris wrote:
    Illusion can be used in 2 specific yet distinct ways:

1) Phantasmal Killer - only the single target can see the multi-sensual illusion, since it is an active and direct illusion, the target does get a Will save to disbelieve, standard vitality and save DC.  It can do vitality damage or cause shaken\fear and can knock out a target if it surpasses vitality and does subdual wound damage.  I need to research damage capability.

*EDIT - either use can be Dark Side, depending on the use.

It is single target - so you need to specify a target.

Are you looking to cause damage or an effect? (fear, staggered, dazzled, dazed, blinded, deafened, etc)

study I will find some damage codes.....

*EDIT*
     study  Given the damage of other Force Skills like Force Lightning 3d8, Force Grip 3d6 and Force Strike 3d4, I think 3d6 is an appropriate damage code for an illusionary attack.  This is pretty generous given the low cost, high range and the ability to maintain the illusion and keep doing damage each round.

I would also think a bonus to the save DC would be appropriate here, since you are adding onto an existing and real event - the exploding missiles and crumbling tower, so whoever you choose as your target will get a -2 Will save
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    The Prestige - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue68/68The Prestige - Page 10 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    The Prestige - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue0/0The Prestige - Page 10 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:25 am

Sorry... Yes... Temple.
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    The Prestige - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue60/112The Prestige - Page 10 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:19 am

Targeting Darth Ten and seeking to create effect = condition, "dazed" -

Chirs2
    Chirs2

Post  Chirs2 Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:40 am

The Prestige - Page 10 Elgin_10

Rakhu unleashes hell on the Sith Temple!  Missiles from Thana's Grace devastate the already-weakened structure.  Temple stones fly in every direction and the bulk of the building collapses on itself.  Unfortunately, hundreds or perhaps thousands of Nikto who were inside the temple and immediately around it are also killed in the destruction.

The Prestige - Page 10 Thana210

Darth Tenebrous looks up for a moment as the world comes crashing down on her.  She is in the midst of binding the other Sith Ghosts (manifested spirits).  Force-charged illusionary rubble strikes her.

study dice rolling

The last thing Daxx sees through his illusions is Darth Tenebrous standing still, as if unable to move as the massive central statue from the temple smashes her.

Queue the Star Wars theme song!

Just before Talib flies Thana's Grace out of the collapsing crystal geode, Irwin flies through the open hatch door!  He squakes loudly, "Crikey boss!  Did you forget about me?!?!?"   Irwin is carrying the sniper rifle that the Trandoshan used, he drops it near T'son, "I thought you might want that."   (see the loot thread)

study leaving your loot behind, tsk, tsk.....

Any other immediate actions before we go into the final wrap-up narratives?

Faun is going to bug out for now, due to GM fatigue.... I had planned on a ship battle, but I think we are done here.  I will do some ship combat next time, I promise!
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    The Prestige - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue19/19The Prestige - Page 10 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    The Prestige - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue1/0The Prestige - Page 10 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:49 am

... just have to say that this was an exhausting and fucking brilliant encounter my friend!  cheers 
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:35 pm

MAS wrote:Well told GM - and probably our best played encounter as a team!

Tough Luck for the Nikto.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:00 pm

navyik wrote:"Sharn, get on the sensors and find that sith ship!"

Computer Use:
    3+5=8

Oh well. I think we're done here anyways...
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:03 pm

MAS wrote:Tough Luck for the Nikto.

Ha! How many darkside points for Rakhu killing so many innocent Nikto?

Except, from what I've gathered, killing Nikto doesn't seem to matter much. They're like field mice.
    Chirs2
    Chirs2

Post  Chirs2 Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:38 pm

Robyo wrote:
    MAS wrote:Tough Luck for the Nikto.

Ha! How many darkside points for Rakhu killing so many innocent Nikto?

Except, from what I've gathered, killing Nikto doesn't seem to matter much. They're like field mice.

hmmm.... yeah, that is definitely a -10 dark side slide for Rakhu "the butcher of Kintan" N'butu.

I was going to do all the accounting during the wrap-up, but thanks for the reminder.

It sounds like everyone is fine moving to the conclusion and epilogue. It will mostly be me writing up summary stuff, so I will get to it this weekend in a new thread.

really nice job roleplaying and I agree it was your best 'party' encounter so far in SW  cheers 
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    The Prestige - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue68/68The Prestige - Page 10 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:53 pm

The death of the nikto weighs heavily on rakhu, just as do all Unnecessary casualties. Taking a deep sniff of hid dirty duster, he comforts himself: many more lives were saved today...many more... He has never been more sure of the need for the republic.
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:15 pm

navyik wrote:The death of the nikto weighs heavily on rakhu, just as do all Unnecessary casualties.  Taking a deep sniff of hid dirty duster, he comforts himself:  many more lives were saved today...many more...  He has never been more sure of the need for the republic.

"The deaths of the Nikto are regrettable, but the potential evil that would have been unleashed by the Sith or the Dread Masters was a greater concern. We should contact the Republic and the Jedi Council quickly, warn them of what we encountered, and request an immediate orbital bombardment and quarantine of this system. Its the only way to be sure."
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    The Prestige - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue19/19The Prestige - Page 10 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    The Prestige - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue1/0The Prestige - Page 10 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:24 pm

"only way to be sure" Smile

Daxx will take over flying from Talib as soon as he can. Once we have made it away, he'll contact his Jedi Master.
    Chirs2
    Chirs2

Post  Chirs2 Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:40 pm

take it to the new thread: Episode 1, Conclusion

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:47 pm