Arcturus
Robyo
7 posters

Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Pt. 4: A Town BBQ - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/0Pt. 4: A Town BBQ - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    Pt. 4: A Town BBQ - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/0Pt. 4: A Town BBQ - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Pt. 4: A Town BBQ - Page 3 Empty Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

Post  Robyo Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:04 pm

navyik wrote:Move action: rapid spell
    Lightning bolt as previous.

15+12=27 vs reflex
    33565321 Dmg=28

Oli vit: 30

The lightning strikes the swarm of horseflies and makes a sizzling sound. The swarm buzzes angrily.
    Chirs2
    Chirs2

Post  Chirs2 Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:09 pm

Robyo wrote:I'm not trying to nickle-and-dime Neraka's movement. From his position at S-20, it was 9 squares to the wall. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and let him reach it and begin his ascent.

Frankly, the grid breaks down once things go 3-D. That was part of the problem we had when Auren climbed up the ladder to the hot air balloon and Chris demanded an OA while he was still climbing a swinging rope ladder, But I digress...

And I didn't figure in Neraka's weight vs the structural integrity of the wooden wall. Let's just say one more Athletics (climb) check to reach the top. You still have a standard action. You can also make a stealth check as a swift action, if you wish.

I don't think a grid breaks down in 3-D as much as it is difficult to balance a casual style of play vs a technical style when it becomes a matter of inches. Josh didn't count his squares when he moved and neither did the GM, so that's how it goes.

I don't think the math is that hard, 9 squares = 45ft + 30ft vertical = 75ft last round. Neraka can move 80ft with 2 moves. He would have cleared the roof line and taken the readied spell if squares had been counted, but they weren't..... so it is what it is.

Like I said, I don't care that Virgil got hit either way. Hopefully the wolf can eat the mage this round  cat
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:26 pm

Chirs2 wrote:I don't think a grid breaks down in 3-D as much as it is difficult to balance a casual style of play vs a technical style when it becomes a matter of inches.  Josh didn't count his squares when he moved and neither did the GM, so that's how it goes.

I don't think the math is that hard, 9 squares = 45ft + 30ft vertical = 75ft last round.  Neraka can move 80ft with 2 moves. He would have cleared the roof line and taken the readied spell if squares had been counted, but they weren't..... so it is what it is.

Like I said, I don't care that Virgil got hit either way.  Hopefully the wolf can eat the mage this round  cat

I did count the inches, but don't really care that much. Not enough to dicker about it. In tabletop I say "move your pawn roughly 6 inches." We're not playing chess. The grid, like most everything in RPG, is a facsimile, not real life.  Maybe Neraka sprinted the last 5 feet, even though he didn't specify, big deal. And I could say the wall could fairly easily collapse under Neraka's weight, but didn't care to include that either.

We're not playing a tactical war game, it's an RPG and the map is just there for reference. I know you just like to argue.

Besides, Neraka's got a surprise waiting for him too  Wink
    Chirs2
    Chirs2

Post  Chirs2 Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:38 pm

Robyo wrote:
    I know you just like to argue.

who me? No, I don't!  Razz 
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Pt. 4: A Town BBQ - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue68/68Pt. 4: A Town BBQ - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:45 pm

Yes you do! tongue 
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Pt. 4: A Town BBQ - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue19/19Pt. 4: A Town BBQ - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    Pt. 4: A Town BBQ - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue1/0Pt. 4: A Town BBQ - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:58 pm

The map needs to be accurate as we are playing a game in which movement matters as does range.  This actually IS much like chess (at least it is in the other games)

since you gave away some other thing that's going to happen, should I even bother to roll attacks?

Neraka will use a swift action to activate his shielding bracelet (DR+4) and then finish his movement, which should place him directly next to the mage

Athletics:

Roll(1d20)+23:
    9,+23
    Total:32

BTW: Neraka's Fort is 24, I think it's one lower for some odd reason on the character sheet. I'll fix it later

I won't bother with attacks if something else nasty is going to happen first.  Let me know
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:15 pm

Sorry, but I don't recall saying I was perfect, or the best GM. And I'm sorry Virgil got the disintegrate ray. It was waiting for anyone, and he just happened to be the first one to show his face.

Josh, what do you propose we do, rewind Neraka's movement back to S-20? I said he would finish his movement at the top of the climb. I don't memorize everyone's characters specifics. If a hero has an ability that goes beyond the norm, it's up to the player to remind the GM.

Neraka has one more standard action. So then, you move closer to the wizard?
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:57 pm

Robyo wrote:
    navyik wrote:Arcanna 15+21=36
    Does oli recognise the giant-to-swarm transformation from his studies?

The creature is probably of fiendish origin. Also possible it is tainted.

Oh, and I forgot to add: since the swarm is of fiendish quality, it's most likely immune to fire and poison.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Pt. 4: A Town BBQ - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue19/19Pt. 4: A Town BBQ - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    Pt. 4: A Town BBQ - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue1/0Pt. 4: A Town BBQ - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:12 pm

well, I do have it posted that my speed is 40' to begin with when he's in wolf-form.  If that's my bad, so be it.

I wasn't really trying to be a jerk or anything.  I was originally just asking for clarification.  It seems to me that, if the wall is 30' tall, and Neraka moves 40', he would move 20' on the first climb check and the rest of the wall plus 10' afterwords...

Frankly, I just want to get to the bastard and make an attack, if I have to spend a Faith point to do so (the attack part) that's cool.  Not trying to be mean or anything at all Rob, I'm kind of sick of arguing.  I will say this though, I did not think that I had to specify that he moved 40' normally.  It's part of being a size category larger, as far as I know.  The Fast Climb thing is totally my mistake and I'm not arguing at all for that to be used here.

and just to let you know, if something magical is about to happen to Neraka, he's got +2 vs. magic abilities due to his amulet: 26 Fort, 18 Ref, 20 Will
    Chirs2
    Chirs2

Post  Chirs2 Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:36 pm

Rob, You made a beautiful map for this encounter. You have great tokens, buildings with various levels and a dynamic landscape.

Like I said, I really don't care that Virgil got toasted, it's just a game.

But it is a game with specific rules, for this exact reason. It shouldn't be arbitrary whether a character can reach and attack an NPC. It should be based on the specific map, specific movement values and specific abilities of the character. If Josh can't be bothered to count his squares or remember his abilities, I am not going to be his advocate anymore, it is only more arguing at this point.

I just don't get the whole "let's only be accurate some of the time" attitude.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:38 pm

when did I not count my squares?  I forgot the power but the movement looked fine to me up to that point.

anyway, let's just resolve this one way or the other.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:17 pm

Chirs2 wrote:But it is a game with specific rules, for this exact reason.  It shouldn't be arbitrary whether a character can reach and attack an NPC.  It should be based on the specific map, specific movement values and specific abilities of the character.   If Josh can't be bothered to count his squares or remember his abilities, I am not going to be his advocate anymore, it is only more arguing at this point.

I just don't get the whole "let's only be accurate some of the time" attitude.  

Chris, thanks for framing your argument in a condescending tone. There's nothing arbitrary about characters that speed-up and slow-down in combat. It's natural, and more realistic IMO than robotic movements, as if people in combat are trying to simulate chess pieces. I prefer using pieces to show positioning, but not be so anal about movement. It's an old-school vibe.

But I'm done with this argument. For now, we can use the grid RAW. At least, until something else comes up that people want to argue about.  Rolling Eyes 
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:17 pm

whit10 wrote:well, I do have it posted that my speed is 40' to begin with when he's in wolf-form...I will say this though, I did not think that I had to specify that he moved 40' normally.  It's part of being a size category larger, as far as I know.  The Fast Climb thing is totally my mistake and I'm not arguing at all for that to be used here.

and just to let you know, if something magical is about to happen to Neraka, he's got +2 vs. magic abilities due to his amulet: 26 Fort, 18 Ref, 20 Will

Yes, I took his 40' movement into account when he was moving towards the wall, and gave him a free 5' bump. He's a big werewolf and I don't see why he couldn't sprint the last portion. Double move is a hustle anyways, so he got 9 squares in one move and a climb.

I also did not know about Fast Climb. That's why I said it would take two moves to get to the top. But now that we are clear about his abilities, it needn't be a problem in the future, I hope.

whit10 wrote:let's just resolve this one way or the other.

Agreed. I would prefer to keep going than do a rewind. If we do a rewind it would be like this (in the last round):
    1)Neraka moves to BB-19 (8 squares), first move action
    2)Neraka moves 5' to the base of the wall, then climbs 30' up the wall (successful climb check) and gets to DD-20. Wizard hits him with Disintegrate ray (even with his +2 bonus vs magic), since he is the first one who enters LOS of wizard's held action.

Or if you want to continue as is, and let Neraka be adjacent to the Wizard and make an attack? Spend a Faith Point and we'll call it good.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:13 pm

Faith Point spent. 3/4

Attacks:

Bite:

Roll(1d20)+15:
    5,+15
    Total:20

not sure if hits: Damage in case, (cold dice)

Roll(2d8)+8:
    6,4,+8
    Total:18

Claws:

Roll(1d20)+15:
    15,+15
    Total:30

I would think that hits.

Damage:

Roll(2d8)+8:
    7,8,+8
    Total:23

finally!
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:27 am

Claws are a hit. Neraka rakes the wizard across his torso. He's not happy (as if he ever was).

Next Round...

Monk is up.
    Arcturus2
    Arcturus2

Post  Arcturus2 Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:28 pm

[Only admins are allowed to see this image][/quote]

Arcturus2 wrote:[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

Unknown Monk will look around the store room for a manual poison sprayer and poison.

I'd think that'd be a fairly common item to find in the store room attached to the general store.

Dunno if it helps but perception roll: 1d20+11 (16+11)= 27

Or maybe the GM wishes to roll a percentage.  Whatever works.
    Arcturus2
    Arcturus2

Post  Arcturus2 Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:35 pm

I did see that post that poison is probably useless, but that'd be foreknowledge so gotta go with what monk knows..  Rolling Eyes 
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:41 pm

Yes, there is a case marked "pesticide" full of poison and spayers.

And kudos on not acting on "player knowledge" that only Oli has gained!
    (bonus XP's if you can say "only Oli" 20 times fast)

But Monk may roll a Dungeoneering (monster lore) check to see what he knows concerning the monstrous swarm.
    Arcturus2
    Arcturus2

Post  Arcturus2 Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:00 pm

Robyo wrote:Yes, there is a case marked "pesticide" full of poison and spayers.

And kudos on not acting on "player knowledge" that only Oli has gained!
    (bonus XP's if you can say "only Oli" 20 times fast)

But Monk may roll a Dungeoneering (monster lore) check to see what he knows concerning the monstrous swarm.

Thanks! Good call on monster lore check.

Dungeoneering check: 1d20+ 0 =18

No bonus, but great roll...

Does Monk have any second thoughts regarding his plan?
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:27 pm

Monk suspects the swarm is of fiendish origin and probably not susceptible to poison, fire, or normal weapons. Magic and holy damage would be most harmful to it.
    Arcturus2
    Arcturus2

Post  Arcturus2 Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:26 pm

Traveler Monk realizes the probable futility of his plan, but doesn't have any other ideas. He decides to grab an insecticide sprayer and head back towards the fiendish swarm..

Let's grab that sprayer and fill it up as my standard action.

Do I roll a 'chance to poison myself'?

If I have any other actions left, beeline back to the swarm. Movement rate of 40 while pursuing a foe.

Sorry can't seem to load map right now so will trust GM judgement on placement..
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:21 pm

The sprayer is connected to the can of insecticide, via a hose. He can carry both without worry of poisoning himself. You can spend a Faith Point to gain another Standard Action, if you wish.
    Arcturus2
    Arcturus2

Post  Arcturus2 Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:16 am

Sorry for the delay in game- got busy.

I found out that I'm gonna be a father for the first time!  cheers  

Rob- thanks for the details. I'll spend a faith point to gain a move action, should be able to get to O-10.. depending of course on where in the store room Monk picks up the sprayer. (Movement is rate of 40 while after a foe.) Unless I'm confused, and you're saying I need another standard action to pick up the sprayer.. whatever. I'm sure you understand.

So thrilled by my news I can't stand it.  Laughing 
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:27 am

Congrats Dan! That's great news! Very Happy 

The case of insecticide is near the door, so Monk doesn't need to spend a move action to move to it. Monk can grab the sprayer and can out from the case as a standard action. It is already filled with poisonous chemicals. It's a move action to get to O-10. You don't need to spend your FP for another move action. You can use it to attack if you want. Or save the FP and be done with your turn.

*Rather than wait, we'll continue with initiative, so just chime in if Monk spends a FP and makes an attack (or does something else).
    Arcturus2
    Arcturus2

Post  Arcturus2 Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:51 am

Thanks! I'll just hold til my next turn! Smile
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:14 am

We're currently in round 4...
    +3 to attack/damage rolls

Init:
    1 - Monk = O-10
    2 - Jack = AA-17
    3 - Orbyn = L-13
    4 – Fiendish Flies Swarm = M-13
    5 – Evil Wizard= GG-20
    6- Blood Raven Swarm = HH-20
    6 - Chef = L-16
    7 - Virgil = X-12
    8 - Bill = V-6
    10 – Oli = M-26
    11 - Neraka = FF-20

Jack Stone holds his action, readied for anything that pops into his LOS.

Orbyn strikes at the flies swarm with psionically-charged fists.

The fiendish flies swarm continues to be dazed and takes no action.

Evil Wizard uses shocking grasp on Neraka.
    *Since it's a magic ability, Neraka gains an Opportunity Attack.
    26 vs Fort... if that hits, 23 damage and dazed for one round.

Raven swarm moves to EE-20, engulfing Neraka. They fly and peck at him. He suffers 2 points of Wound damage for sharing space with the ravens.
    12 vs Will... if that hits, Neraka is dazed for one round
    17 vs Fort... if that hits, he contracts a disease that manifests in 4 days.

*Wizard attack was magical, but ravens was not. Waiting on Neraka's AoO.

Chef takes another shot at the flies with his magically-charged shotgun. The NPC's magical attacks against the flies swarm seems to have some effect, but not at full power.

Maps updated:
    [Only admins are allowed to see this image]" />

Virgil shakes off the damage from the disintegrate spell like a champ. There isn't a condition in Radiance that corresponds to characters taking wound damage. Closest is Fatigue or Exhaustion, but I won't do that to Virgil.

The Fates are with Virgil. He has a vision...
    [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

In a fog appears Stolgar, the tough warrior of the cold northern lands. He points to a mountain in the distance.

"Find the road to the dark ones," the deity says. "There, your puzzle will be solved."

Then it all disappears and Virgil is back in combat. Virgil is granted either of the boons Farguard's Shield or Troll's Blood at half the price (1 FP), if he so chooses.

Virgil is up.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:10 am

AoO vs. the wizard (I'll assume that I don't get to disrupt the spell in this game if I were to hit)

Bite:

Roll(1d20)+15:
    20,+15
    Total:35

Hah! Crit!

Max damage would be 24 on him.

Neraka takes 13 elec. damage and is dazed and hey, 2 wound points too. The rest misses... Fucking hell dude
    Chirs2
    Chirs2

Post  Chirs2 Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:35 am

Great Vision!

Robyo wrote:
    Virgil shakes off the damage from the disintegrate spell like a champ. There isn't a condition in Radiance that corresponds to characters taking wound damage. Closest is Fatigue or Exhaustion, but I won't do that to Virgil.

The Fates are with Virgil. He has a vision...

In a fog appears Stolgar, the tough warrior of the cold northern lands. He points to a mountain in the distance.

"Find the road to the dark ones," the deity says. "There, your puzzle will be solved."

Then it all disappears and Virgil is back in combat. Virgil is granted either of the boons Farguard's Shield or Troll's Blood at half the price (1 FP), if he so chooses.

Virgil is up.

Virgil's face was twisted with pain, but that melts away into tears of joy at the sight of Stolgar.  Virgil has not seen Stolgar in many years, since he was a child.  In fact, the last time Stolgar graced Virgil with his presence was........

Virgil's memory swims with images from his childhood.  The wicked men had come to their small cottage in LA, chanting "Witch, Witch!"  They had come for Virgil's mother.  

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

It was in the time before the Rifts, before Magic was understood.  Virgil remembered the feeling of the gun in his hand, it was like playing with a magnet, the barrel was pulled to the wickedness in the men's hearts.  Virgil can now see that Stolgar was standing behind him, guiding his hand.

Virgil recalled that the men seemed to explode when they were hit.  Virgil knows that was Stolgar's gift as well, as he still calls upon his god to "Bring the Thunder" to this day.

Virgil marks the image of the White Mountain in his mind, but refocuses himself on the fight at hand.

study Question about Diety boons - do those take a Standard Action to use or are they extra since you spend a FP?

Does Virgil have to use the reduced-cost boon this turn or can he wait until later?

Does Virgil still have LOS on the Evil Mage?  (he does have Precise shot)
    Chirs2
    Chirs2

Post  Chirs2 Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:37 am

Arcturus2 wrote:Sorry for the delay in game- got busy.

I found out that I'm gonna be a father for the first time!  cheers  

Rob- thanks for the details. I'll spend a faith point to gain a move action, should be able to get to O-10.. depending of course on where in the store room Monk picks up the sprayer. (Movement is rate of 40 while after a foe.)  Unless I'm confused, and you're saying I need another standard action to pick up the sprayer.. whatever. I'm sure you understand.

So thrilled by my news I can't stand it.  Laughing 

cheers That is great news, CONGRATS! what a wonderful time in your life.... that time when you still get a full night's sleep! Enjoy it for the next 9 months..... you'll need it Wink
    Chirs2
    Chirs2

Post  Chirs2 Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:39 am

whit10 wrote:
    Neraka takes 13 elec. damage and is dazed and hey, 2 wound points too. The rest misses... Fucking hell dude

Would the DR negate the Raven's attack too?
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:06 am

Neraka's DR for electrical damage, yes. The ravens cause direct wound damage, which bypasses DR (p.227).

Nice flash back for Virgil!

Boons are varied in their actions, some are standards, some are immediate. The reduced-price granted boons are immediates and must be used this turn.

Virgil does have LOS on the evil mage.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:43 am

Robyo wrote:Neraka's DR for electrical damage, yes. The ravens cause direct wound damage, which bypasses DR (p.227).

gee, what a surprise
    Chirs2
    Chirs2

Post  Chirs2 Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:16 pm

lol! I was totally thinking of the BIRDS when you described that attack!

Robyo wrote:Neraka's DR for electrical damage, yes. The ravens cause direct wound damage, which bypasses DR (p.227).

Nice flash back for Virgil!

Boons are varied in their actions, some are standards, some are immediate. The reduced-price granted boons are immediates and must be used this turn.

Virgil does have LOS on the evil mage.

Ok, thanks for the clarification.  In that case, Virgil will take advantage of Stolgar's generous offer and spend 1 FP for Troll's Blood

Roll(2d4)+0:
    4,2,+0
    Total:6

Virgil is back up to 7\8 WPs
    vitality -2 (41\48)

Feeling extra saucy, Virgil spins his Spencer "Bring the Thunder" to charge it with Shocking Grasp (-2 vit) and fires twice at the Evil Mage.  (+3 from escalation)

First shot, with spell, vs Reflex
    Roll(1d20)+20:
    9,+20
    Total:29

if that hits, damage
    gun:
    Roll(2d10)+16:
    2,8,+16
    Total:26

spell:
    Roll(5d6)+3:
    5,2,4,1,3,+3
    Total:18

Daze chance vs Fort
    Roll(1d20)+20:
    11,+20
    Total:31

2nd shot vs Reflex
    Roll(1d20)+20:
    1,+20
    Total:21

affraid oh bugger!

WP 7\8
    Vit 39\48
    FP 3\4
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:42 pm

Neraka makes a vicious chomp on the wizard. Is a bite considered a basic melee attack? I suppose in this case, it works.

Virgil blasts the wizard with an arcane-charged bullet. The mage is dazed.

Bill shoots at the flies swarm, doing little damage.

Oli is up.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:04 pm

yeah, I think it's a basic attack. Sorry, should have done claws maybe
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:26 pm

Robyo wrote:Oli is up.

2-day rule is still in effect. If Alan doesn't respond by 12pm tomorrow, his turn is forfeit and Neraka is up.

Not trying to be harsh, just wanting to keep the game rolling. Especially since it's the middle of an combat encounter.
    Chirs2
    Chirs2

Post  Chirs2 Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:28 pm

Chirs2 wrote:
    2nd shot vs Reflex
    Roll(1d20)+20:
    1,+20

affraid oh bugger!

any negative effects from a 1 ?
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:40 pm

Chirs2 wrote:
    Chirs2 wrote:
    2nd shot vs Reflex
    Roll(1d20)+20:
    1,+20

affraid oh bugger!

any negative effects from a 1 ?

Page 156 says on a fumble, make an Acrobatics check DC 10 or suffer 1 wound damage.

Houserule (used last time): spend a move action to unjam your weapon.
    Chirs2
    Chirs2

Post  Chirs2 Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:50 pm

Robyo wrote:
    Page 156 says on a fumble, make an Acrobatics check DC 10 or suffer 1 wound damage.

Houserule (used last time): spend a move action to unjam your weapon.

I just looked in the Radiance book, but couldn't find any definitive answer - does a "1" botch or automatically fail on a Skill check?

I see that a "1" is an auto-miss for an attack, but there is nothing about rolling a "1" in the Skill section. I know that usually you can't take 10 during combat, without penalty, but I am wondering if I even need to roll, since I have +12 in Acrobatics. I know that PF (and maybe 3.5) got rid of botches for skill checks.

Do you know or does the GM book say anything?
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:56 pm

I believe that Alan is down with an illness right now. Might explain his lack of comments
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:31 pm

1 is only a fumble in attack rolls. Means nothing other than a low number in skill checks, damage, and initiative. So yeah,Virgil doesn't need to roll. We could call it an in-combat take 1. The DC is low anyways, since it's such a Dex-based class.

Neraka is dazed. Is there anything you had in mind to try on your turn, Josh?
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:42 pm

uh, unless there's a way to negate the dazed condition with a faith point, don't see that there's much I can do
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:47 pm

Nope, not much Neraka can do. At least he can defend himself normally, though he's still engulfed by the bird swarm.

Waiting on Oli, then we'll start a new round...
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Pt. 4: A Town BBQ - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue68/68Pt. 4: A Town BBQ - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:10 pm

Oli sparks up another lightning bolt.
    Save dc 31 reflex.
    Dmg=27

Oli vit: 26
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:51 pm

navyik wrote:Oli sparks up another lightning bolt.
    Save dc 31 reflex.
    Dmg=27

Oli vit: 26

I'm just a bit confused. 31, is your attack roll, right?

Swarm is damaged and dazed.

Next round...

Monk is up.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:09 pm

Sorry, yes. 31 was attack.
    Arcturus2
    Arcturus2

Post  Arcturus2 Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:42 pm

+4 escalation, right?

Monk takes five foot step up (N-11) and takes aim at the dazed swarm with his insecticide sprayer. He sets the tank down and begins pumping furiously.

Attack roll: 1d20 +8 (13+8 )= 21

Not sure if that'll hit.

Hold other actions pending effect on swarm. If no obvious effect, swift action; drop sprayer.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:16 pm

Arcturus2 wrote:+4 escalation, right?

Monk takes five foot step up (N-11) and takes aim at the dazed swarm with his insecticide sprayer. He sets the tank down and begins pumping furiously.

Attack roll: 1d20 +8 (13+8  )= 21

Not sure if that'll hit.

Hold other actions pending effect on swarm. If no obvious effect, swift action; drop sprayer.

+4 to attack/damage, correct.

Monk shifts one square forward. In doing so, he doesn't take an Opportunity Attack for using a ranged weapon (spray can) adjacent to a foe.

I think your attack roll might be low. There's no proficiency penalty, so his basic attack bonus would be: (half level)+(prime mod)+(escalation)

But 21 is a hit on Reflex. Unfortunately the flies swarm has Fiendish Protection and thus, immune to poison (and fire).
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:44 pm

Current: Round 5, +4

Jack Stone holds action, ready for anything.

Orbyn attacks the swarm with a thunderous strike.

The flies are still dazed.

Evil Wizard gives another shocking grasp to Neraka.
    21 vs Fort, probably a miss.

He turns, allowing the birds to deal with the big werewolf. His attention is back on Vigil. He spends a Faith Point for another action.
    Disintegrate:
    27 vs Fort = 16 wound damage

Move action: He runs off the back of the building!
    *No AoO's for Neraka who is dazed.

Ravens continue to attack Neraka.
    He suffers 3 direct wound damage for sharing a space with the bird swarm.
    9 vs Will, Neraka not dazed
    14 vs Fort, Neraka not diseased

Chef casts a cloud of daggers spell at the flies swarm.

Virgil is up.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:49 pm

Neraka's  Wounds: 13/18

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 9:54 pm