Arcturus
Robyo
7 posters

Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

Arcturus2
    Arcturus2

Pt. 4: A Town BBQ - Page 6 Empty Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

Post  Arcturus2 Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:41 pm

Traveler Monk has been watching this scene unfold. He says a quick prayer for courage and steps forward.

"I will try to get inside and remove the device. Everyone, stand back in case I am not successful."

Athletics Check: 1d20+17(16+17)= 33
    Arobatics check: 1d20+19(13+19)=32

*edit: almost forgot acrobatics check

Guessing that gets me inside.. hopefully pulls the bomb without killing Monk.. what next?
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Pt. 4: A Town BBQ - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue68/68Pt. 4: A Town BBQ - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Pt. 4: A Town BBQ - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue0/0Pt. 4: A Town BBQ - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:17 pm

"I w... Will open an extra-dimensional portal. Take it inside. Leave it. And come back out."
    Chirs2
    Chirs2

Post  Chirs2 Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:21 pm

Arcturus2 wrote:Traveler Monk has been watching this scene unfold. He says a quick prayer for courage and steps forward.

"I will try to get inside and remove the device. Everyone, stand back in case I am not successful."

Athletics Check: 1d20+17(16+17)= 33
    Arobatics check: 1d20+19(13+19)=32

*edit: almost forgot acrobatics check

Guessing that gets me inside.. hopefully pulls the bomb without killing Monk.. what next?

Brave act, well done!

navyik wrote:"I w... Will open an extra-dimensional portal.  Take it inside. Leave it. And come back out."

Brilliant!
    Arcturus2
    Arcturus2

Post  Arcturus2 Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:27 pm

navyik wrote:"I w... Will open an extra-dimensional portal.  Take it inside. Leave it. And come back out."

awesome!  cheers 

I was kinda just gonna wait to see if Rob says Monk died in a fiery kaboom and if not, just chuck it down the hole right here and run like Richard Pryor on fire.. I like your plan better.

Waiting on GM to say if Monk was successful or not, then waiting on Oli's portal.

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]
    Arcturus2
    Arcturus2

Post  Arcturus2 Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:31 pm

Dammit I was trying to add a picture of those Acme portable holes like from Wile E. Coyote and roadrunner but my girlfriend has my computer and my tablet is being a bitch.

So just picture that as what I see in my head for Oli's portal  Cool 
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Pt. 4: A Town BBQ - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue0/0Pt. 4: A Town BBQ - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:37 pm

Neraka moves away, out of the potential blast radius.

John Henry stands around asking if anyone needs help.

Disable device is a Mechanics check.

The ray-golem could probably cut a hole in the side of the wurm, but it would take precious time.

Monk squeezes inside the compartment opening (acrobatics check: escape). He heaves and pulls the bomb free from it's spot, wedged-in behind a metal rib (athletics check: bend bars).

However, the bomb is designed to be tamper-resistant. There is a possibility Monk will ignite the bomb, while jostling it.
    Gm rolls a d20 + crafter's level of the bomb vs. Monk's Fate roll as a static defense:
    1+8= 9 vs 26! The bomb doesn't explode and the timer continues counting downward.

Unknown monk wiggles back out of the wurm mech with the bomb in his hands. He quickly carries the explosive device into Oli's Secret Chamber in the Astral Realm. Depositing the bomb, he runs back out. Somewhere on the Astral Plane, there is an immense explosion.

The town and the heroes are safe once again, for the moment.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:53 pm

When he passes between realms, Unknown Monk is visited by a vision of the goddess of peace, Esmariah:

In a beautiful and comforting voice she says, "My mysterious servant, you have shown your quality this day. Your fair demeanor and consistent striving for goodness and justice in this cynical, chaotic world makes me smile. Yet, I must warn you that you have been misled. The demon Zexkallith is a trickster and wielder of smoke and fire and mirrors. A curse you removed from the unfortunate cyclops, yes, but he is still possessed by the diabolical spirit. A ruse it was, to make you go away. When you are powerful enough, perhaps you will gain the power to exorcise demons, but not today. Now you must to the jail, before it is too late!"

Then the image of the goddess disappears and Monk is back on the scene. Monk receives two Faith Points in good favor.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Pt. 4: A Town BBQ - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue19/19Pt. 4: A Town BBQ - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    Pt. 4: A Town BBQ - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue1/0Pt. 4: A Town BBQ - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:20 pm

damn, I want some of what he's smoking.... Wink
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Pt. 4: A Town BBQ - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue68/68Pt. 4: A Town BBQ - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:30 pm

"We...ll le..ts see here if we can, uh, get those other two thingamajigs out of this contraption." scratch 
    Arcturus2
    Arcturus2

Post  Arcturus2 Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:36 pm

Unknown Monk reappears suddenly.
    "Sheriff Virgil, a vision appeared to me! The man Pierce is not what he seems!"

Traveler Monk takes off running toward the jail.

"We must get to him before it is too late!"

Monk will sprint towards the jail.

Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:50 pm

navyik wrote:"We...ll le..ts see here if we can, uh, get those other two thingamajigs out of this contraption." scratch   

The remote control will allow Oli to release the other two rune-covered spheres. When the spheres unfold, they are golems of Medium-size.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:00 pm

Arcturus2 wrote:Unknown Monk reappears suddenly.
    "Sheriff Virgil, a vision appeared to me! The man Pierce is not what he seems!"

Traveler Monk takes off running toward the jail.

"We must get to him before it is too late!"

Monk will sprint towards the jail.

Monk races to the jail and finds the door unlocked and open. The place is in disarray. Jack Stone is laying on the floor, bleeding and unconscious. Tinder is beside him, whimpering.

The jail bars are broken wide open.

There is no sign of Pierce Brosack, the one-eyed thug.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Pt. 4: A Town BBQ - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue19/19Pt. 4: A Town BBQ - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    Pt. 4: A Town BBQ - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue1/0Pt. 4: A Town BBQ - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:13 pm

The moment that Neraka knows that this has happened he will look for a trail to follow.

Survival:

Roll(1d20)+16:
    18,+16
    Total:34
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Pt. 4: A Town BBQ - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue60/112Pt. 4: A Town BBQ - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:17 pm

"Well......I reckon not then"

I guess i'll look for a place to stay.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:01 pm

"Uh... Excuse me mr...ah...large black man, you seem to have arrived at an opportune time. Did you say you were looking for work? I... I believe the marshal could use as many hands as he c...can find! I will cover a weeks lodgings if you'll help my friends here, " indicating the golems, "dismantle this what-not gadget," indicating the worm-mech.

To the golems, "ray, would you and the boys please carefully disassemble this mech?" Cool 
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Pt. 4: A Town BBQ - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue60/112Pt. 4: A Town BBQ - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:09 pm

"Names John Henry. Steel drivin' man. I'll be lookin' for the marhsall now."
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:50 pm

"W...well howdie do mr. Henry. I'm Olistaff. I imagine the Marshal is at th...the jail," pointing. "I look forward to seeing you around town." Very Happy 
    Arcturus2
    Arcturus2

Post  Arcturus2 Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:59 am

Traveler Monk gets down beside Jack and tries to tend to his wounds...

Heal check: 1d20+1 (12+1)= 13  Rolling Eyes

Not so grand.

While trying to stop Jack's bleeding, Traveler's mind wanders back to his vision of Esmariah..

This is the first time in his life that she has revealed herself to him, and spoken to him directly. He must remember to light incence and build a shrine on the spot of his vision. His hands slick with Jack's blood, he sends a silent prayer of gratitude...

Esmariah,  my Dear Lady of Respite, thank You for Your generosity to me, Your most lowly and humble of servants. All my life You have cared for me. You have protected me and guided me in Your truth and Your love.. and now You have shown me Your direct favor when my friends were in direst need.

Please, Dear Lady, continue to grant me, Your most undeserving servant, the courage and strength to bring Your ways to those who need You most. Help me to remember Your mercy and love that I may show mercy and love to those in need.

Where there is war, let me bring peace.

Where there is hate, let me bring love.

Let me always be a vessel for Your mercy.

Traveler thinks of the demon Esmariah named to him in his vision.. Zexkallith.. The name in mind burns him like fire. His hairs stand on end. He is filled to his core with revulsion.

What role could such a creature have to play in this? He thinks back to his teachers.. the wise and ancient monks in his mountain top monastery home.

Zexkallith... The very name makes him feel dirty.

In his three decades of training and study, had his Masters ever mentioned this demon?

Lore check: what does Traveler know of the demon Zexkallith?

Would that be a Religion or Insight check? Either way his bonus is +1 so...

1d20+1 (18+1)= 19

Wile waiting for more help, does Traveler Monk know/remember anything about this demon Zexkallith?

Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:25 am

Great RP, guys!

Despite Monk's sincere devotion and prayers, there is no direct response from The Lady of Respite. Lore check would be Religion, but Unknown Monk has no memory of the masters ever mentioning the diabolic fiend Zexkallith.

Monk tries to help, but Jack continues to be injured on the floor. Maybe Virgil or someone could help? Unfortunately, Doc is back at the fairgrounds and he is already overwhelmed.

Neraka hears of the jail break and heads over to investigate. Strangely, he finds no trail the cyclops might have taken. Several flies buzz around him as he stands there, puzzled.

At Oli's command, the golems begin tearing apart the destroyed wurm construct.

*At this time, I'd like you guys to figure out what your next move is. I'm ready to start another thread and begin the next leg of our brave heroes' adventure.

(edited for accuracy)

Last edited by Robyo on Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:38 am

navyik wrote:"W...well howdie do mr. Henry.  I'm Olistaff.  I imagine the Marshal is at th...the jail," pointing.  "I look forward to seeing you around town." Very Happy 

JH nods in agreement, and heads to find the Marshall.
    Chirs2
    Chirs2

Post  Chirs2 Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:12 am

Robyo wrote:
    *At this time, I'd like you guys to figure out what your next move is. I'm ready to start another thread and begin the next leg of our brave heroes' adventure.

Virgil will gather up the party of Oli, Neraka, Monk and JH.

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

"Like I said before, I think I know the source of this wickedness. I had a vision from Stolgar (Odin) during the fight and he directed me to the White Mountain. You have all shown bravery, skill and a willingness to fight evil. Any man that wants to see this wickedness put down, once and for all, should meet at the jail at dawn. No one will think less of you if you choose not to come, but we could sure use everyone's help."

Virgil will describe what he saw as best he can.....

Robyo wrote:[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

White Mountain is the highest peak of the mountains north of town. It is a 3 days ride up rugged terrain.

Living there are Navaho tribes of humans and goliaths. There is also warring tribes of hill and mountain giants. Stories of a white dragon have been told.

The Navaho spring-time camp is near a mountain pass.

Decades ago, there was a lucrative silver mining operation located half-way up the northern side of White Mountain. Suddenly, it was abandoned and is said to be haunted.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:19 am

Remember, in order to heal someone, oli must know they are injured... Shocked 
    Arcturus2
    Arcturus2

Post  Arcturus2 Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:46 am

Traveler Monk agrees with Virgil's plan to meet at dawn.

He wiill leave Jack's side and go find Oli and Neraka. When he does:

"Deputy Jack Stone is injured at the jail. I cannot help him. Will you please help me?"

As soon as Jack is tended to, Traveler Monk will be satisfied.

Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:24 pm

Alrighty then. Everyone can state their intentions for the rest of the day/evening.

Next thread will begin at dawn: Journey to White Mountain.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:40 pm

"G...golly! I'd better G...go and administer first aid!" flower lay on hands using Actual first aid as somatic component.
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:42 pm

JH is looking for work. And maybe some whiskey, and then a bed.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:01 pm

I think there was a Goodberry left over from earlier... the wounded guy can have it unless someone else needs it.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:12 pm

Oli will help the doc, periodically Checking on the golems progress.

"Ah... Ray?" To the ray golem. "What... Needs... Do you and your co-workers have?"
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:39 pm

navyik wrote:"Ah... Ray?" To the ray golem. "What... Needs... Do you and your co-workers have?"

Ray turns around, tossing a scrap piece of metal onto a pile. "There is nothing we require, except to serve. Occasionally it is necessary to power-down, to regain vitality."

The golems have nearly completed the dis-assembly. There is various gears and mechanical bits, but no treasure found.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:46 pm

MAS wrote:JH is looking for work. And maybe some whiskey, and then a bed.

The Opera House Saloon is adjacent to the Velvet Palace Hotel. In addition to whiskey, JH can take in a burlesque show and a working girl or two. Many of the ladies seem keen on seeing him swing his hammer. He also hears about a job-opening at the Opera House Saloon for a bouncer.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:52 pm

Jack Stone is grateful to receive healing buffs from Oli and Neraka.

When he is able, he explains sadly, "I thought Pierce was asleep, so I started playing solitaire. Guess I fell out, 'cause next thing I know, he's busting out of the cell. I poured a couple rounds into him, but he just 'a kept coming. Then he grabbed a chair and clobbered me. Sorry, fellas."
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:20 pm

Trying to get a sense of the golems' sentience, "do ah... you boys en...joy conversation, or... Games?"

Oli begins collecting usable parts. He intends to build his own machine someday. He is also looking for components or devices he could use to improve his carriage.

"Lets start a scrap pile over there... Then you can power down in shifts. How well do you boys stand watch?"
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:17 pm

Robyo wrote:
    MAS wrote:JH is looking for work. And maybe some whiskey, and then a bed.

The Opera House Saloon is adjacent to the Velvet Palace Hotel. In addition to whiskey, JH can take in a burlesque show and a working girl or two. Many of the ladies seem keen on seeing him swing his hammer. He also hears about a job-opening at the Opera House Saloon for a bouncer.

Bouncing sounds up John Henry's alley....but to be meta....Im trying to link up with the party here!
    Arcturus2
    Arcturus2

Post  Arcturus2 Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:33 am

Traveler Monk will spend the rest of the day in meditation. He reflects upon the day's events.

He is unsure whether to tell his companions the exact nature of the vision he experienced that afternoon..

He decides to seek out Orbyn and ask his advice.

When he finds Orbyn, he relates the general details of his vision of the Goddess Esmariah to his friend. He refuses to say the name of the demon; it is safer and wiser to never speak such things aloud. Instead, he uses his stick to scrawl it in the dirt outside the Chinese Laundry..

ZEXKALLITH

When Orbyn has read the name, Traveler Monk erases it with his foot.

"Master Orbyn, I have never heard of this abomination before. I do not understand what involvement this demon has in Pestilence. I fear that Sherriff Virgil and his companions are in grave danger beyond what they can handle.. I fear there are evil forces at work which might claim not only their lives, but their souls as well."

He pauses, considering..

"Esmariah would not give me a task larger than I can handle. The Goddess loves her children. But I fear this matter is far graver than the Sherriff suspects. What course should I take? Should I reveal this vision to the good Sherriff, or was it for me alone to bear?"

What does Orbyn advise?

After hearing his friend and advisor's reply, he wanders to the saloon looking for some dinner. The huge man John Henry is there, drinking and entertaining himself with the girls.
    Though such things are not to his taste, Traveler Monk reminds himself not to judge the stranger unfairly. He seems decent enough, willing to help with no promises of reward to come..

He approaches JH and introduces himself.

"Friend, thank you for your help today. I am called Traveler. I am a stranger here myself. It seems that the people of this town need the help of good men right now. I hope you will join us in the morning, as we pursue those who may be responsible for the evil that has befallen Pestilence. I fear that this may be a very dangerous pursuit."

He offers JH a deep bow and excuses himself for the evening.

Walking to his room, he wonders where the Shifter Neraka has gone..

He has an instinctive distrust for shapeshifters, and a general unease with canine and lupine creatures as well.

He catches himself in this line of thinking and chides himself for his unworthy thoughts. Neraka has done nothing to earn his scorn. He offers a brief prayer and silently apologizes to Neraka, asking the Goddess Esmariah to remove his doubts. After all, he carries his own secrets...

In his room he will wash and head to bed.

At dawn he will be waiting at the jail for Virgil and the others.

whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:47 am

Neraka is watching you sleep... (that's a bad way to wake up in the morning)

...but seriously, Neraka will sleep in the open as he normally does. Probably on top of the jail or something
    Chirs2
    Chirs2

Post  Chirs2 Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:56 am

MAS wrote:
    Bouncing sounds up John Henry's alley....but to be meta....Im trying to link up with the party here!

Chirs2 wrote:

"Like I said before, I think I know the source of this wickedness.  I had a vision from Stolgar (Odin) during the fight and he directed me to the White Mountain.  You have all shown bravery, skill and a willingness to fight evil.  Any man that wants to see this wickedness put down, once and for all, should meet at the jail at dawn.  No one will think less of you if you choose not to come, but we could sure use everyone's help."

to be meta (and a bit obnoxious) this is the second time JH has been addressed and invited to help, which was ignored and then later complained about not being included  tongue
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:20 am

Chirs2 wrote:
    MAS wrote:

Chirs2 wrote:

"Like I said before, I think I know the source of this wickedness.  I had a vision from Stolgar (Odin) during the fight and he directed me to the White Mountain.  You have all shown bravery, skill and a willingness to fight evil.  Any man that wants to see this wickedness put down, once and for all, should meet at the jail at dawn.  No one will think less of you if you choose not to come, but we could sure use everyone's help."

to be meta (and a bit obnoxious) this is the second time JH has been addressed and invited to help, which was ignored and then later complained about not being included  tongue

Well......thats just your opinion, man!

I am having trouble seeing the abbreviation JH in the text blocks, it seems. From now on I will be JOHN !@#$%! HENRY!
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:26 am

nah... you're just johnny now.  Twisted Evil 
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:15 pm

Johnboy
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:10 pm

...now we'll have to create a steam engine that can lay track faster than John Henry.

Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:55 pm

navyik wrote:Trying to get a sense of the golems' sentience, "do ah... you boys en...joy conversation, or... Games?"  

Oli begins collecting usable parts.  He intends to build his own machine someday.  He is also looking for components or devices he could use to improve his carriage.

"Lets start a scrap pile over there... Then you can power down in shifts.  How well do you boys stand watch?"

Ray concentrates before answering. He is not accustomed to answering questions, especially regarding his interests. "Ergos do not usually converse. This one knows not what is games?"

He pauses, looking around, perhaps concentrating. "Ergos are of low-forged status. We lack enscribed runes that are self-actuating. The soul-forged ones have higher thinking patterns. They are our taskmasters in the mines."
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:46 pm

Arcturus2 wrote:Traveler Monk will spend the rest of the day in meditation. He reflects upon the day's events.

He is unsure whether to tell his companions the exact nature of the vision he experienced that afternoon..

He decides to seek out Orbyn and ask his advice.

When he finds Orbyn, he relates the general details of his vision of the Goddess Esmariah to his friend. He refuses to say the name of the demon; it is safer and wiser to never speak such things aloud. Instead, he uses his stick to scrawl it in the dirt outside the Chinese Laundry..

ZEXKALLITH

When Orbyn has read the name, Traveler Monk erases it with his foot.

"Master Orbyn, I have never heard of this abomination before. I do not understand what involvement this demon has in Pestilence. I fear that Sherriff Virgil and his companions are in grave danger beyond what they can handle.. I fear there are evil forces at work which might claim not only their lives, but their souls as well."

He pauses, considering..

"Esmariah would not give me a task larger than I can handle. The Goddess loves her children. But I fear this matter is far graver than the Sherriff suspects. What course should I take? Should I reveal this vision to the good Sherriff,  or was it for me alone to bear?"

What does Orbyn advise?

Orbyn admits he has never heard of the demon who's name they dared not utter. “I am an asimar,” he says. “My mother was a deva, one of the celestial beings. I am blessed with the memory of 1000 lifetimes. Like a vault of akashic records, I can access certain memories from past lives. But I must enter into a trance. I think that for us to know the answers to the riddle, you must accompany me on this humble and sacred journey.”

The elder monk spends some time preparing a paste from several ingrediants in the kitchen of Xim's boarding house. When he is finished, he makes a small fire in the backyard. He sips from a bowl of the green concoction and passes it to Traveller. Orbyn meditates for a time. Then he begins intoning the ancient syllables of primordial speech.

A new scene unfolds within the Traveller's psyche. He is transported to an ancient fire-scorched battlefield at the base of a gigantic dark tower.  “This is the planet K'ruul, in the time of the Abyssal wars,” says Orbyn. “We are in the epoch following the dawn of time. It is when the demon reaver hordes of the abyss threatend to engulf all known civilized worlds.”

Orbyn stands up, a crazed look in his eyes. “I am a foot-soldier in the army of the mortal defenders. We have laid seige to the stronghold of the demonlord Zexkallith. He is a commander in the fiend army. Widely-regarded as cunning and merciless, he weilds a black sword known as Souleater, a wicked blade that tasted the blood of millions.”

Suddenly the landscape is lit up with a massive bombardment of rays of light flashing out of the dark smokey clouds. The lights are divine rays and they burn away the reaver hordes. The fiends scream as they sizzle. “An immortal defender known as Grathis has developed the ability to call divine lightning upon his foes.”

A low rumble is heard and and the land begins to tremble, like an earthquake. Then a massive explosion as the dark tower is reduced to rubble. “There has been a ritual conducted by a cabal of immortals. They have destroyed the dark matter spire. Zexkallith's body was annihilated, but his energy force remained and wandered, seeking a new vessel to control.”

Then the scene changes. They are in a meadow on a sunny springtime day. Wild flowers dot the tall grasses. Orbyn' s voice changes again, “I am Kathryn of Bilge, a sage domiciling in a cottage on the Antonar countryside. Zexkallith's energy force wandered far and wide through out the continuum. It has at last come to rest, studying a sad and accursed cyclops. It is Pierce, and he works in an Eladrin circus touring the Feywild. Zexkallith saw an opportunity and seized it, possessing the downtrodden cyclops. Using their combined power, the magic of the fiend lord and the bewitched brawn of the cyclops, they have become a force to be reckoned with.”

Then the journey is over and Orbyn is himself once more. He and the Traveler are again back on Xim's backyard patio. Orbyn bends over and pukes.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:05 pm

"We...ll ray, ah...I dont wanna put pressure on you or make you uncomfortable," Oli says sensing ray's confusion. "But ya... Well ya knoooooow, you can make choices. We can start with small ones until you get used to it."

"I will let you help me find out the other golems names. You will choose which to ask first."

Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:29 pm

Ray seems pleased with the peculiar master-golem arrangement. He also points out that ergos only need to power-down (sleep) when they are depleted in vitality. Which can take days, or one good battle.

*Next up: The Journey to White Mountain...

Arcturus2
    Arcturus2

Post  Arcturus2 Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:32 pm

Great storytelling, Rob!  cheers 

Traveler has made up his mind what to tell the others.

Ready for the next chapter!
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:03 pm

Can i get at least rough descriotions of the 2 medium golems. Oli will call the canon "candy."

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 11:08 pm