Dropbox - http://www.dropbox.com/

Open Office - http://www.openoffice.org/

4 posters

Vampire and Were-creature adjustment rules

whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Vampire and Were-creature adjustment rules Left_bar_bleue19/19Vampire and Were-creature adjustment rules Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    Vampire and Were-creature adjustment rules Left_bar_bleue1/0Vampire and Were-creature adjustment rules Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Vampire and Were-creature adjustment rules Empty Vampire and Were-creature adjustment rules

Post  whit10 Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:07 pm

Vampire and Were-creature adjustment rules Abefd310

Vampire rules for WoD 3.0

Use standard racial traits, powers and flaws for Dhampir from Pathfinder Advanced Race Guide

There are the following changes:

Dhampirs are affected by light as though Blinded, not Dazzled. If a Dhampir takes Dayborn as an alternate Racial Trait, then they are only Dazzled by Sunlight.

Dhampirs start with Fangs (see description under Alternate Racial Traits) and lose Detect Undead. Feeding may also be used for regaining hitpoints. 1d6 per round, which is a full round action. Draining any sentient creature of all of it's blood is considered an Evil act for purposes of alignment.
    As a general rule, however, feeding on someone that has been charmed or otherwise mentally compelled is NOT an evil action if they are left alive and does not require an attack action to feed.  Any normal saving throws or skill checks will normally apply.

All Favored Class options are still available as are all Feats listed for Dhampirs.

New Feats:

Day Walker: (pre-requisite: Dayborn Racial Trait, must be taken at 1st level)  The rays of the sun no longer cause you harm or irritation.  You sunlight or the Daylight spell no longer give the condition Dazzled.  

Night's Shroud:  (pre-requisite: 7th Character level, must not be Dayborn) You gain more resistance to sunlight and Daylight spells.  You are now only Dazzled instead of Blinded.

Important note... Dhampirs are NOT the only Vampires in this world, just the only ones available as PCs.

For the moment, these rules are not final and, if someone sees something amiss, then please point it out.

Last edited by whit10 on Mon May 12, 2014 10:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Vampire and Were-creature adjustment rules Left_bar_bleue19/19Vampire and Were-creature adjustment rules Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    Vampire and Were-creature adjustment rules Left_bar_bleue1/0Vampire and Were-creature adjustment rules Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Vampire and Were-creature adjustment rules Empty Re: Vampire and Were-creature adjustment rules

Post  whit10 Mon May 12, 2014 1:08 pm

I need some feedback before I can proceed further with storyline and such...

Is anyone actually thinking of playing a vamp or werewolf? I know Chris is thinking of a vamp but I wanted to hear if anyone else had designs on playing something different.

Vamp rules will be very similar to Dhampirs as they appear in the Advanced Race guide (worse flaws from sunlight but more powers as well). Werewolves are going to be a derivative of the lycanthropes that are already in the game but adjusted for player characters. I will post those rules tonight.

I think I can be ready to run this by the 1st or 2nd week of June.... Unless Matt can get going on the Epic campaign (gee, can you tell I want to play this?)
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Vampire and Were-creature adjustment rules Left_bar_bleue68/68Vampire and Were-creature adjustment rules Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Vampire and Were-creature adjustment rules Left_bar_bleue0/0Vampire and Were-creature adjustment rules Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Vampire and Were-creature adjustment rules Empty Re: Vampire and Were-creature adjustment rules

Post  navyik Mon May 12, 2014 1:30 pm

Is damphir still open also? I dont want my character to be overtly non-human... More like a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent than an avenger, (but working for chris's character). If a human will be too weak to adventure with the party though, i will have to adjust.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Mon May 12, 2014 2:42 pm

all races will be equal as far as powers and such.

Dhampir is available, I'll post the changes tonight
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Vampire and Were-creature adjustment rules Left_bar_bleue60/112Vampire and Were-creature adjustment rules Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    Vampire and Were-creature adjustment rules Left_bar_bleue0/0Vampire and Were-creature adjustment rules Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Mon May 12, 2014 3:15 pm

I may have missed it - but was looking for some feedback from you as to what flavor campaign this will be. Plotting/scheming? DnD party with a different setting/classes/races?

I really dont have a whole lot of interest in a Vampire or a Were, to be honest. Neither suits my concept.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Mon May 12, 2014 3:47 pm

This is WoD as envisioned by me based off the PF mechanics. The party should not be adversarial like the old game was. If you want your own plans/plots that don't involve the others, that's fine and encouraged. But it won't be like 'normal' WoD was.

If nobody wants to play a werewolf, then I won't bother to go into the rules for them. I'll keep that for adversaries Wink
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Vampire and Were-creature adjustment rules Left_bar_bleue60/112Vampire and Were-creature adjustment rules Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Mon May 12, 2014 4:56 pm

I'll likely be dwarf or Gnome.

Chirs2
    Chirs2

Post  Chirs2 Mon May 12, 2014 5:11 pm

yes, still planning on a Dhampir, but not settled on a concept. current options in no particular order:

Toreador, more of a oratory leader type, served as an officer in WWI trenches, died, got embraced, became a Dayborn Vamp (dhampir as I understand them), he was "that officer" that always lead the charge, but always seemed to be the last one to walk back into the barracks. realized as a Bard class with focus on Oratory and Acting

Brujah\Assamite - renegade offshoot order of Anubi, no longer protect the true Kindred, now hunt and destroy them. Dhampir were always treated as half-bloods but used as daytime protectors and trained in combat arts as Anubi (Assamites) to be assassins. Some time ago, for some reason, some of the dhampir went renegade and formed their own order to use their blood and training against their former masters. probably realized as Monk or ninja class, just because that most closely resembles many of the old Vamp disciplines. There is also a Monk archtype that drains CHI in a very vampiric way

Ventrue - similar concept to #1, realized as a different class maybe that Noble concept, but it just seems weak
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Mon May 12, 2014 11:46 pm

I forgot that edits don't show that there's an update...

There's an update.  Very Happy 
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Mon May 12, 2014 11:46 pm

I'll get things sorted on the Noble as well by the end of the week.
    Chirs2
    Chirs2

Post  Chirs2 Tue May 13, 2014 1:02 am

whit10 wrote:I'll get things sorted on the Noble as well by the end of the week.

don't worry, that one is my least favorite option anyways, probably not worth spending time on it, just do your GM stuff to get ready, there are more than enough choices already

whit10 wrote: 

There are the following changes:

Dhampirs are affected by light as though Blinded, not Dazzled.  If a Dhampir takes Dayborn as an alternate Racial Trait, then they are only Dazzled by Sunlight.  

For the moment, these rules are not final and, if someone sees something amiss, then please point it out.

Overall, I think the changes look good and mostly balanced.

I like adding Blinded to balance out the Feeding\healing.  What racial trait do you lose if you take Dayborn?  You just said it was available as an alternate Racial Trait, but didn't mention what you have to sub-out.  

In the PF rules, Dayborn replaces "Detect Undead" but you already removed that with your Fangs substitution.

Also, the rules you wrote in for the feeding\healing are different from the current PF rules for drinking blood under the "Blood Drinker" feat.  The Blood Drinker Feat is obviously better, so I am assuming that if you take the Feat, it would override and improve the basic racial ability as you describe it.  Is that correct?
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue May 13, 2014 10:39 am

sorry, that was an oversight. Blood drinker is automatically conferred. Drop the Negative Energy Affinity ability and add Blood Drinker in.

Fangs are just a part of them now, hence the greater flaws.
    Chirs2
    Chirs2

Post  Chirs2 Tue May 13, 2014 10:46 am

whit10 wrote:sorry, that was an oversight.  Blood drinker is automatically conferred.  Drop the Negative Energy Affinity ability and add Blood Drinker in.

ok, so drinking blood follows the rules for the Blood Drinker feat and scratch out your house rule?
    - so then does Blood Drinker confer "healing" HP first and then add temporary HP after you are full?

Now Fangs are free and you can select Dayborn to replace the "Detect Undead" spell-like ability?

whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue May 13, 2014 11:06 am

I will fix the feeding part later today... I see the problem with things as they are.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue May 13, 2014 10:37 pm

Dayborn now replaces Negative Energy Affinity.

Blood:

I see the issue. We'll say that you can normally use your blood drinking to heal Ability Damage OR Hit Points, and only make it 1d4 HP. That way the feat Blood Drinker is still very useful.

Blood Drinker's temp. HP are unchanged. They last an hour or until used up.
    Chirs2
    Chirs2

Post  Chirs2 Wed May 14, 2014 12:05 am

whit10 wrote:Dayborn now replaces Negative Energy Affinity.

Blood:

I see the issue.  We'll say that you can normally use your blood drinking to heal Ability Damage OR Hit Points, and only make it 1d4 HP.  That way the feat Blood Drinker is still very useful.

Blood Drinker's temp. HP are unchanged.   They last an hour or until used up.

I guess I am being dense, cuz I still don't understand  scratch

whit10 wrote:sorry, that was an oversight.  Blood drinker is automatically conferred.  Drop the Negative Energy Affinity ability and add Blood Drinker in.

Dayborn replacing NEA makes sense, I like that change.

Is Blood Drinker still automatically conferred or is it back to a feat?

If Blood Drinker is back to a feat, then does it improve your natural blood drinking (ability\healing) if you buy the feat?  In other words, it can now be done as part of a bite attack or just a standard action, instead of a full round action and both now inflict the -2 CON damage. And would a Dhampir have their choice of effects or is there a mandatory priority? (since blood drinking and Blood Drinker do different things)
    Chirs2
    Chirs2

Post  Chirs2 Wed May 14, 2014 11:37 am

maybe we are just making this too complicated?

if Dayborn can swap out NEA, then the dhampir is 'more human' than monster, can walk in daylight and receive regular healing. there really isn't a need for blood drinking to heal HP. a dhampir can buy Blood Drinker with a Feat, as usual to get the temp HP and other benefits. then dhampir is really just sticking more closely to the PF rules, with the only the dayborn\NEA change

fangs can already be selected as an alternate racial to 'detect undead'

you can use the other ideas for your full-blooded NPC vampires

it does raise the issue of adding in Blinded as an extra flaw, if there is really nothing to offset it now (without the need for blood drinking)
    Chirs2
    Chirs2

Post  Chirs2 Tue May 20, 2014 1:55 am

rough draft up for my vampire (dhampir) sorcerer, lots is not done and\or awaiting some final rulings from GM

more backstory when I get a chance, but he is not Evil.  Voodoo blood magic is a cultural and accepted part of Jamaican life, "life pays for life" as the old women say.  he got noticed by a Tremere Vampire and unwillingly made a dhampir by his fiendish sire.  after growing in power and realizing his potential as a blood mage, Sha'dem escaped from his sire.  he is on the run and always looking over his shoulder, but he has dedicated his blood magic to fighting the undead curse, especially the kindred.  unfortunately, he does need to feed his power and sometimes his hunger gets the best of him.

Sha'dem Arley, Jamaican Voodoo Cruoromancer (blood mage)

Vampire and Were-creature adjustment rules Voodoo11

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 8:14 pm