MAS
whit10
6 posters

Chapter 1 - A Den of Thieves

whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Chapter 1 - A Den of Thieves Left_bar_bleue19/19Chapter 1 - A Den of Thieves Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    Chapter 1 - A Den of Thieves Left_bar_bleue1/0Chapter 1 - A Den of Thieves Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Chapter 1 - A Den of Thieves Empty Chapter 1 - A Den of Thieves

Post  whit10 Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:53 pm

All of the PCs, regardless of their backgrounds, receive the following letter at their place of residence or last known address.

"Dear (insert name),

I am having a very important dinner in two weeks time at my home in Cairo. I have enclosed travel arrangements for you and hope that you will be able to arrive in Alexandria by the 8th of April. From there, a car will bring you to my home for dinner.

I must stress the importance of the secrecy of this letter's contents and your arrival in Cairo by the aforementioned date. Certain special arrangements have been made to ensure that you will be safely deposited at Alexandria.

I look forward to meeting you."

Signed: Sir Stephen Norris
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Chapter 1 - A Den of Thieves Left_bar_bleue19/19Chapter 1 - A Den of Thieves Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    Chapter 1 - A Den of Thieves Left_bar_bleue1/0Chapter 1 - A Den of Thieves Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Chapter 1 - A Den of Thieves Empty Re: Chapter 1 - A Den of Thieves

Post  whit10 Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:32 am

The PCs arrive at Alexandria by the 7th of April, with a full day before the dinner.

Chapter 1 - A Den of Thieves 11005010

Chapter 1 - A Den of Thieves 92837810

Chapter 1 - A Den of Thieves Yachtc10

The heroes are amazed by the sites and sounds of one of the oldest and busiest ports in the eastern Mediterranean: a wonderful contrast of the ancient world and the modern.

(this will be the 'deep breath before the plunge')  Any outside, preparatory, business can be handled now before we actually start.
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Chapter 1 - A Den of Thieves Left_bar_bleue60/112Chapter 1 - A Den of Thieves Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    Chapter 1 - A Den of Thieves Left_bar_bleue0/0Chapter 1 - A Den of Thieves Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:57 pm

Who is this gentleman? Does Jim Corbett know of him?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Chapter 1 - A Den of Thieves Left_bar_bleue35/35Chapter 1 - A Den of Thieves Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Chapter 1 - A Den of Thieves Left_bar_bleue0/0Chapter 1 - A Den of Thieves Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:18 pm

MAS wrote:Who is this gentleman? Does Jim Corbett know of him?

JT is wondering the same, especially since he doesn't have a post box or a permanent address.

Streetwise or some other Know?
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:35 pm

Knowledge Streetwise is allowed, Nobility as well (lower DC), roll away

Otherwise, I'll wait on the roll. Matt, if you've spent time in Africa, you may have heard of him, but unless you've spent considerable time in Alexandria, you don't know him personally.
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Chapter 1 - A Den of Thieves Left_bar_bleue60/112Chapter 1 - A Den of Thieves Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:15 pm

whit10 wrote:Knowledge Streetwise is allowed, Nobility as well (lower DC), roll away

Otherwise, I'll wait on the roll.  Matt, if you've spent time in Africa, you may have heard of him, but unless you've spent considerable time in Alexandria, you don't know him personally.

Assuming Ive been in Alexandria for a month or so, Ok.....so what have we heard of him? Kinda creepy invitation coming from a stranger!
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Chapter 1 - A Den of Thieves Left_bar_bleue35/35Chapter 1 - A Den of Thieves Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:50 am

whit10 wrote:Knowledge Streetwise is allowed, Nobility as well (lower DC), roll away

Otherwise, I'll wait on the roll.  Matt, if you've spent time in Africa, you may have heard of him, but unless you've spent considerable time in Alexandria, you don't know him personally.

from Vicker's background

Chris wrote:
    Vickers saw action not only in Europe, but also the middle east and Africa.  He remained in Egypt after the war.

streetwise + 11

Roll(1d20)+11:
    19,+11
    Total:30

that outta do it, but I agree, in character no way JT would respond to something that looks like a trap.  I am playing along for the sake of the GM and story since i have been scolded about it recently  drunken
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:38 am

that outta do it, but I agree, in character no way JT would respond to something that looks like a trap.  I am playing along for the sake of the GM and story since i have been scolded about it recently  drunken

lol ! Corbett is going, of course...Just trying to get a feel for things.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:42 am

Norris is known as the unofficial "Prince of Alexandria"... he is regarded as something of a playboy and charismatic businessman. He's originally from England but made a fortune during the war (his 'nobility' is only minor but is considerably enhanced by his wealth)
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:17 am

whit10 wrote:Norris is known as the unofficial "Prince of Alexandria"... he is regarded as something of a playboy and charismatic businessman.  He's originally from England but made a fortune during the war (his 'nobility' is only minor but is considerably enhanced by his wealth)

sounds good.

in my mind, JT has been doing 'shadow run' type work after the war - if it involves travel, great, but he has been keeping a fluid base of operations in Egypt. after a lifetime of being underground, he discovered that he enjoys the sunlight and balmy weather  Cool 
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:25 am

ok, good to know.

Give me another Knowledge Local Check please
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:26 pm

whit10 wrote:ok, good to know.

Give me another Knowledge Local Check please

know local

Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +6" :

7 + 6 = 13
    Arcturus2
    Arcturus2

Post  Arcturus2 Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:51 pm

Elliot Martin receives his letter via special courier where he is staying in a small Romanian village. He went there to investigate rumors of restless corpses, rising from their graves, possessing an unnatural hunger.. particularly for the blood of their loved ones.

The courier who delivered his mail was not shy about admitting he was hired by a Brit to find Elliot. Elliot deduces he was hired by the OMP and tasked with forwarding the invitation from his last known address in France. He had suspected the British office was tracking his wherabouts..

His experiences in the war shook his grip on reality. A post war interview with an OMP representative in Paris sparked his curiosity even further, so he began his own investigation, tracking down survivors of the Somme campaign, peasants.. anyone who may have knowledge of the 'Dark World' which seems to be intruding ever further into the fabric of his plane of existence.

He collects their stories and experiences in his journal, traveling from place to place, chasing shadows and rumors.. whispered stories of encounters with monsters of legend. After the war he remained in Europe, using his small funds to track down various religious icons and reliquaries, obtaining small trinkets whenever he can.

His investigation into rural Romania proved... particularly fruitful.

After receiving the letter from Mr. Norris, Eli packs his possessions into a battered steamer trunk and begins his journey to Alexandria. He arrives on April 7th, a full day early, so he secures his lodgings in the ancient city and settles down to wait. He procures a fresh hair cut and shave for the occasion.

He is very curious to know the purpose of his summons, and who or what else he may encounter here.

When he attends dinner he will wear his only suit, sans armor, carrying only his protective trinkets (necklace, ring, bracers) and his Colt .45, secured snugly under his jacket..

(Without armor, his effective AC for anything that happens at dinner drops to 18/14/14)
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:07 pm

Will update everything tonight... it looks like everyone is ready so we'll start the first chapter tonight/tomorrow.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:26 pm

Arcturus2 wrote:
    After receiving the letter from Mr. Norris, Eli packs his possessions into a battered steamer trunk and begins his journey to Alexandria. He arrives on April 7th, a full day early, so he secures his lodgings in the ancient city and settles down to wait. He procures a fresh hair cut and shave for the occasion.

On Elliot's way back to his hotel, he passes an outdoor cafe.  He overhears a familiar gruff voice, "So there I wuz mates, padding about in me stockings in a tunnel.  We wuz no more than 2 meters under the Kraut tunnel.  I 'ad me ear to the Earth... I could 'ear the tap tapping of their spades 'bove our 'eads...."
    Arcturus2
    Arcturus2

Post  Arcturus2 Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:42 pm

Chris wrote:

On Elliot's way back to his hotel, he passes an outdoor cafe.  He overhears a familiar gruff voice, "So there I wuz mates, padding about in me stockings in a tunnel.  We wuz no more than 2 meters under the Kraut tunnel.  I 'ad me ear to the Earth... I could 'ear the tap tapping of their spades 'bove our 'eads...."

Elliot stops when he hears his old friend's Cockneyed accent out of the cafe. He listens briefly and smiles to himself before he heads inside.

Approaching JT and company he exclaims "Those Krauts get a wee bit closer every time you tell that story, JT!"

Smiling broadly he extends his hand.

"Good to see you again, old boy! What on earth are you doing here in Egypt?"

Eli looks for a seat so he can join his old friend at the table and buy a couple rounds..
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:54 pm

Arcturus2 wrote:
    Elliot stops when he hears his old friend's Cockneyed accent out of the cafe. He listens briefly and smiles to himself before he heads inside.
    Approaching JT and company he exclaims "Those Krauts get a wee bit closer every time you tell that story, JT!"
    Smiling broadly he extends his hand.
    "Good to see you again, old boy! What on earth are you doing here in Egypt?"
    Eli looks for a seat so he can join his old friend at the table and buy a couple rounds..

Chapter 1 - A Den of Thieves Salaml10

JT laughs loudly, "ELLIOT! Damn, boys, there goes me embelishments again.  I have discovered that the Krauts get closer depending on 'ow many litres of IPA I've 'ad."

JT introduces Elliot to a few blokes from the Foreign Legion.  The Frenchmen politely make small talk for a while before leaving the 2 old friends to get reacquainted.  

After they leave and the waitress brings another round, JT whipsers in a more serious tone, "I have been bouncing around Egypt ever since the war ended, in Cairo, Alexandria, Thebes.... I... I can't tell you my business 'ere now, I am not sure it's safe.  I should know more after tomorrow."  JT raises his litre of IPA to Elliot, "Not many Yanks still in Egypt, what are you doing 'ere?"
    Arcturus2
    Arcturus2

Post  Arcturus2 Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:07 pm

Eli raises his own glass and returns JT's toast.

"A man's business is his own; I respect that."

He takes a drink of his beer.

"As for me, I stayed in France for a bit. I just kicked around after that.. Most recently in Romania."

He looks around quickly, leans forward and lowers his voice a bit and continues

"Let me tell you,  old friend.. Those strange goings-on we experienced in the war? I believe they're still happening. Spreading, even."

He shudders and crosses himself.

"Truth is, I'm not sure exactly why I'm here. Got a letter from a fella, and he paid my passage over. I'm running out of money, chasing shadows around Europe. I was hoping this might be a job offer of some kind."

He takes another pull of his beer.

"Say, you've been here awhile.. let me ask you- have you ever heard of a man named Norris?"

He reaches inside his jacket. The butt of his Colt is briefly visible to the sapper sitting across from him. He produces a wrinkled envelope from his jacket pocket and pushes it across the table to JT.

"Says this is supposed to be a secret meeting.. so keep this to yourself, please. But if I traveled halfway around the world to have dinner with a man I've never heard of, I feel a lot better with a loyal friend like you knowing where I'm at."
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:15 pm

Background: before you all have met in the cafe (sorry, I meant to post this earlier).

The day before anyone arrives, there is a large explosion at the Customs Office in Alexandria. Egyptian police, eventually, determine that it was an extremist that had killed himself with TNT strapped to his body. His motive is believed to be anti-British. The newspapers say little else.

MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:41 pm

Jim Corbett has spent the last decade locked in a deadly game of cat-and-mouse in Colonial India.

As a young Lieutenant, he was assigned the task of destroying a man-eating tiger that had been stalking the Champawat region for many years. His first encounter with the Champawat Tiger left him nearly dead, and he spent several months recuperating.

During his recovery, he was visited by a Guru. He told Corbett that a great evil was loose upon the land, that it was his Dharma to protect the people, and that the Gods would prepare him for the task ahead. After a night of fevered sleep, He awoke the next morning, changed. Somehow shorter, but stout, hardy, and able to see in the dark. A "dwarf", as they now call them.

Healed of his wounds, he returned to duty. His senses heightened, and found he was somehow able to manifest his will to perform superhuman feats as he hunted. Pursuing the Tigress of Champawat after her 436th confirmed killing, he lured her into a trap and destroyed her.

A cursed pendant found on the body lead him on a chase that took nearly 10 years to complete. With steadfast aid from the unassuming but deadly valet Rothschild, the evil cabal of Thugee warlocks plaguing Kumaon region was finally rooted out and exterminated. Now, they have decided to seek out others who might aid in the fight against evil.  

Corbett is sitting in the hotel lobby of the Grand Pharaoh, drinking hot black coffee and reading the morning paper when the message arrives. His faithful hound "Shvan" lays at his feet, watching the courier intently as he completes his delivery.

"Hmm. Sir Norris requests our presence...under mysterious pretense. Best prepare, Rothschild - I sense something odd is afoot."

Alan - Im sure you want to do your own background on RC. Just trying to integrate the two here. Let me know if this doesnt work for you.

Last edited by MAS on Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:10 pm

Olivia reads the newspaper headlines with a furrowed brow. Why would such violence come to Egypt? Hadn't the nations of the world dealt with enough violence during the Great War a few years back? Admittedly, she has spent many years hunting undead and evil monsters to pay much attention to politics.

"I can help," she says. "Any victims from the bombing need healing?"
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:21 pm

Ok, just trying to stay current.

JT, the second Streetwise roll did not turn anything up. You're sure you've heard this name before this, but not sure where.

Elliot - give me a perception check for the letter please.

Olivia - Be careful. Something I haven't shared yet (sorry) is that magic in Egypt is frowned upon, when used blatantly, out in the open. As you are a Witch, the locals might have an issue with that (the whole Islam thing against witches).

The article says that only six persons were present at the time in the Customs Office and all were killed by the explosion, though several other buildings received minor damage.

Any other actions for anyone in this rather prelim-type setting?

Mr. Rothschild?
    Arcturus2
    Arcturus2

Post  Arcturus2 Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:29 pm

Eli perception check: 1d20+0 =19

Not a bad start.. Cool 
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:32 pm

May yet have some preliminary actions, still have to bang out equipment.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm

All good Matt. I'm using this to get everyone 'in the groove' so to speak. We'll roll in another day or so.

Elliot - nicely done! You're pretty sure you've seen this symbol before (I can't find a pic of it so).... a crown set atop a Book with the Union Jack on one page and this on the other page.

Chapter 1 - A Den of Thieves Triang10

That is the official seal of the OMP.

navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Chapter 1 - A Den of Thieves Left_bar_bleue68/68Chapter 1 - A Den of Thieves Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:42 am

Chamberlain Rothschild III escorts the courier to the door and watches his departure with a critical eye. "I do love an adventure Colonel," he beams enthusiasticly upon his return. "I shall have your bags in the car shortly... Unless you mean to take the lorrie?"
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:19 am

Great avatar, Josh! My favorite IM album by far.

Okay, Olivia will keep her mystical powers on the down low for now. She also has the Heal skill, if needed.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:38 am

Thanks... mine too but the songs sound better live IMHO.

You're fine for now. I'm not going to mess with people during hte opening scene... I'm not even that cruel, usually. Wink
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:18 am

Arcturus2 wrote:
    He reaches inside his jacket. The butt of his Colt is briefly visible to the sapper sitting across from him. He produces a wrinkled envelope from his jacket pocket and pushes it across the table to JT.
    "Says this is supposed to be a secret meeting.. so keep this to yourself,  please.  But if I traveled halfway around the world to have dinner with a man I've never heard of, I feel a lot better with a loyal friend like you knowing where I'm at."

JT flashes a broad smile, "Now that looks familiar.... where 'ave I seen that.... oh, yes, I remember now....."  JT opens his jacket, Elliot notices the very well hidden handles of a pistol, a sawed off shotgun and a couple sticks of TNT under JT's jacket.  JT pulls out a copy of the same letter.  "I guess I needn't be worried about secrecy if'n you got the same letter in yer hand.  I 'ave been around Egypt for several years, but alls I know about Norris is:

whit10 wrote:Norris is known as the unofficial "Prince of Alexandria"... he is regarded as something of a playboy and charismatic businessman.  He's originally from England but made a fortune during the war (his 'nobility' is only minor but is considerably enhanced by his wealth)

and that ain't much to go on, in me mind.  As for the strange things in the world, I agree.  That's the main reason I stayed 'ere in Egypt, plenty of work and plenty of.... people with big pocket-books."  JT again smiles broadly and Elliot notices several gold teeth.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:54 pm

Guys, I'm really sorry, I'm having a bout of insomnia that's kicking my ass and I'm just too dingy today to update this.

I swear that I will tomorrow. Please just keep kibitzing amongst yourselves...
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:10 pm

No problem. Thanks for running the game!
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:41 pm

navyik wrote:Chamberlain Rothschild III escorts the courier to the door and watches his departure with a critical eye. "I do love an adventure Colonel," he beams enthusiasticly upon his return. "I shall have your bags in the car shortly... Unless you mean to take the lorrie?"

"Either will suffice. I trust we have enough place settings of "the good china" to ensure a proper party, if needed?"
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Chapter 1 - A Den of Thieves Left_bar_bleue68/68Chapter 1 - A Den of Thieves Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:49 am

"Indeed, sir..." Taking in the euphamism without missing a beat. "The good china."
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:32 am

All updates will be done by the early evening... sorry, can't really do it from work today, very busy.

Shit gets rolling tonight! Equipment will be updated as well
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:01 pm

It would seem that everyone has sort of met up together?

If not, the time for your dinner is approaching. The letter also includes an address for you to go to where there is a car waiting to take you to Norris' home.

When you arrive, you see what is likely one of the more opulent homes in Alexandria... it looks reminiscent of a Turkish palace (and it is). Mr. Norris' servants welcome you into his home, take your coats (or what have you) and ask you if you would like a drink.

His home is a combination of typical English upper class elegance and... to those with the eye, arcane interests.

Any actions before dinner can be done now.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:20 pm

Olivia finds a private corner somewhere she can hang her fetish mask and contemplates the agony it represents.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:25 pm

"Ah, a wonderful representation of West Indies Shamanic Magic... my compliments Ms. Ormande" Norris has appeared and, being a gentleman, attempts to kiss Olivia's hand (obviously, this man isn't racially inclined).

Assuming that Olivia doesn't whip him with her hair (lol) he continues... "Welcome to my humble home, I am glad that all of you made it."
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:47 pm

"Uh, thank you," she says, somewhat embarrassed. "I suppose you'll be telling us soon why you've gathered us together?"
    Arcturus2
    Arcturus2

Post  Arcturus2 Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:01 pm

Elliot accepts a scotch and water from a manservant after turning over his coat. He feels somewhat out of place and intimidated by his opulent surroundings and the motley crew of strangers gathered in Mr Norris' spacious parlor. He edges closer to his old friend JT and whispers very softly..

"Swanky place, eh? I don't like the look of it. Let's you and me keep an eye out for each other."

After that, he just stands around and waits to be greeted by his host, Norris. He pretends to be enjoying his scotch while feigning interest in the architecture surrounding him, all the while keeping an ear and an eye open towards the others gathered there.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:07 pm

JT straightens up at the sight of Norris, as a soldier would to an officer, "Sgt JT Vickers, m'lord.  I am most 'umbled by your invitation.  It's not off'n a lad from Nottinghamshire finds 'imself in such a palace.  You 'ave piqued me interest to be sure."

whit10 wrote:
    it looks reminiscent of a Turkish palace (and it is).  

JT examines the architecture and speaks in Turkish, "Böyle bir Türk saray altında tüneller oldukça bir dizi olmalıdır."

(There must be quite a series of tunnels under such a Turkish Palace)
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:36 pm

Entering, Corbett takes note of the terrain...entrances, exits, layout, fields of fire....and then proceeds to introduce himself.

"Good evening sirs and mam, I do not believe we have met." proclaims Corbett, addressing the room. "Jim Corbett, at your service."

-after a pause-

"Well dont just stand there gawking like a tourist, Rothschild, fetch that bottle of wine we brought for our host, and see it to the cellar."

(Thus giving RC an excuse to scout the house Wink )
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:52 pm

MAS wrote:
    Entering, Corbett takes note of the terrain...entrances, exits, layout, fields of fire....and then proceeds to introduce himself.

"Good evening sirs and mam, I do not believe we have met." proclaims Corbett, addressing the room. "Jim Corbett, at your service."

-after a pause-

"Well dont just stand there gawking like a tourist, Rothschild, fetch that bottle of wine we brought for our host, and see it to the cellar."

(Thus giving RC an excuse to scout the house Wink )

JT gives Elliot a look to say "I didn't bring a present for the host, did you?"  and he shrugs his broad dwarven shoulders.

Has JT heard of the famous DWARVEN killer of were-tigers?

Streetwise
    Roll(1d20)+11:
    13,+11
    Total:24

any bonus for both being squatties?  sunny
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:03 am

lol.. yeah, that's fine. Unless Matt doesn't want to be hear of?
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:12 am

"Indeed sir," with the faintest whisp of contempt that would as well pass for the cadence of good breeding. CRIII calculates the likely layout of the estate as he takes the colonel's coat and hat. He turns smoothly, taking a panoramic mental photograph and marches to the car before locating the servants entrance.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:49 am

I will be happy to during dinner. (and when the GM has time to write this out... lol, long day today, I'll get it updated by early evening. Sorry, been a crazy week)
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:05 pm

whit10 wrote:lol.. yeah, that's fine.  Unless Matt doesn't want to be hear of?

Oh no....Corbett's exploits as a big game hunter are well known. The supernatural aspects (aka, the truth) are known by a much smaller circle, but not common knowledge.

Guys - the internet and phone at my house has been going in and out for a few days. Have a tech coming this afternoon, hoping service is restored again soon. Ability to post is spotty until it gets fixed.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:17 pm

MAS wrote:
    whit10 wrote:lol.. yeah, that's fine.  Unless Matt doesn't want to be hear of?

Oh no....Corbett's exploits as a big game hunter are well known. The supernatural aspects (aka, the truth) are known by a much smaller circle, but not common knowledge.

JT elbows Elliot and says in a staged-whisper, "I think that's 'gentleman Jim' Corbett over there.  They say he killed 50 man-eating tigers in India. Come on, let's go an' see, mate."

JT approaches Corbett, wide-eyed like teen-aged girl approaching Justin Beiber, "Uh, 'xcuse me, Mr. uh, Corbett, sir.  You are Mr. Corbett, ain't ya?  The one wut was killed by man-eating tigers, er, no, I mean, sorry, sir, that killed all dem man-eating tigers in India?"
    Arcturus2
    Arcturus2

Post  Arcturus2 Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:33 pm

Chris wrote:

chris wrote:JT elbows Elliot and says in a staged-whisper, "I think that's 'gentleman Jim' Corbett over there.  They say he killed 50 man-eating tigers in India. Come on, let's go an' see, mate."

JT approaches Corbett, wide-eyed like teen-aged girl approaching Justin Beiber, "Uh, 'xcuse me, Mr. uh, Corbett, sir.  You are Mr. Corbett, ain't ya?  The one wut was killed by man-eating tigers, er, no, I mean, sorry, sir, that killed all dem man-eating tigers in India?"

Elliot regards the famous hunter for a moment and muses to himself..

funny, I'd always imagined he would be taller..

He reluctantly follows his starstruck friend JT over to meet the famous hunter.

Elliot shifts his drink to his left hand and quickly wipes his right one dry against his trouser leg. He extends it towards Corbett and introduces himself.

"Mr. Corbett, I presume? Allow me to introduce myself. I am Elliot J Martin, formerly of the AEF under General Pershing. It's a pleasure to meet you, sir."

Nodding towards JT..

"And may I present my good friend, Mr. Johnathan Thomas Vickers, formerly of His Majesty's Royal Engineers."
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:10 pm

Arcturus2 wrote:

Elliot regards the famous hunter for a moment and muses to himself..

funny, I'd always imagined he would be taller..

lol! 
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:35 pm

"Ho..Too rich my good man! I am indeed Jim Corbett, though the stories you've heard may be a tad exaggerated. The tally only nears 50 if you factor in Leopards...and the occasional enemy of the Crown! A pleasure to meet you gentlemen, my highest respect to you both. Pershing's boys certainly gave the Kaiser what for, you did! And it is well known that there is no more dependable man in a pinch than a Royal Engineer!"

"My lady Ormande, please excuse our kibitzing. It is indeed a pleasure to make your acquaintance."

"Sir Norris...may I say it is a sincere pleasure to meet you. Alexandria speaks kindly of your presence."

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 3:53 pm