Robyo
MAS
6 posters

Rashid's House of rare antiquities

Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Rashid's House of rare antiquities - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Rashid's House of rare antiquities - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    Rashid's House of rare antiquities - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Rashid's House of rare antiquities - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Rashid's House of rare antiquities - Page 2 Empty Re: Rashid's House of rare antiquities

Post  Robyo Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:47 pm

whit10 wrote:Rob, Rashid hands you a cure light wounds and summon Monster 1 scroll.  If you had gotten over 75, I would have thrown a 2nd level on their as well.

Olivia already has those spells! What the heck, she takes them from the old man. How much does he want for them?
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Rashid's House of rare antiquities - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue19/19Rashid's House of rare antiquities - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    Rashid's House of rare antiquities - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1/0Rashid's House of rare antiquities - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Rashid's House of rare antiquities - Page 2 Empty Re: Rashid's House of rare antiquities

Post  whit10 Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:48 pm

He just gives them to you.

Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:53 pm

whit10 wrote:He just gives them to you.

cheers
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Rashid's House of rare antiquities - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue19/19Rashid's House of rare antiquities - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    Rashid's House of rare antiquities - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1/0Rashid's House of rare antiquities - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:12 pm

However, and this goes for any character that uses a spellbook, I never said that you couldn't ask him about poking through his library to see if there is a spell that you DON'T have Smile

Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:30 am

That's what I'm most interested. Olivia uses her mask instead of a familiar or spellbook, but she can add spells to it (besides the ones she automatically acquires from leveling up).

"Master Rashid, I would be quite interested in perusing your library of occult works."
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Rashid's House of rare antiquities - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue35/35Rashid's House of rare antiquities - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:43 am

does Rashid have anything besides scrolls?
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:56 am

stand by on that...
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Rashid's House of rare antiquities - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue35/35Rashid's House of rare antiquities - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:59 am

whit10 wrote:stand by on that...

I was hoping for small items that boost skills +2 or +4 or something, for example

goggles for perception
    gloves for Disable Device
    boots for stealth
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:06 pm

Rashid's shack is a full-on curiosities shop Razz
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:52 pm

There aren't all that many items that just increase skills. I'd like to keep to the list of Magic Items for now.

How about this? Everyone come up with a list of their top three items (under 8000 gp please) and we'll do some random rolls for them. Potions and scrolls won't count towards this

sound fair?

Incidentally, Rashid looks at the party before he goes to bed (and after handing the scrolls to Olivia) "I believe that this item will greatly help you..." he hands a wand to whomever... it's a Darkvision wand, 20 charges
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Rashid's House of rare antiquities - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue68/68Rashid's House of rare antiquities - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:09 pm

Amulet of mighty fists
    Monks robe (trenchcoat?)
    Bag of holding II
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Rashid's House of rare antiquities - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue68/68Rashid's House of rare antiquities - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:08 am

Oooh... Oooh! And a magical umbrella of flying that acts as a +1 monk weapon capable of piercing, bludgeoning, and slashing depending on how it is held.

For real. I'm serious.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:29 am

....hmmm... no. Sorry

Since Alan and Chris have posted their wish list... go ahead and give me three percentile rolls please (at your convenience)
    Arcturus2
    Arcturus2

Post  Arcturus2 Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:54 am

Sorry for delay- happenings with the baby on the way.

Wish list:

Engineer's work gloves
    Abjurant salt
    eyes of keen sight

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:15 pm

whit10 wrote:There aren't all that many items that just increase skills.  I'd like to keep to the list of Magic Items for now.

all from Ultimate equipment, in order of preference:

Trapspringer Gloves +5 DD +1 saves vs traps 4000

Lens of Detection +5 perception and Survival (for Tracking only) 3500

Stalker's mask +5 stealth, 1\day +10 disguise  3500

Eyes of the Eagle +5 perception  2500

Goggles of Minute Seeing +5 DD 2500

and yes, the top 2 are because JT senses a dungeon crawl  lol!

Last edited by Chris on Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:18 pm

grrr... damned equipment guide!

You are right sir. See, this is why all of these games get irritating after a while. Too many books! lol
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:28 pm

navyik wrote:Amulet of mighty fists
    Monks robe  (trenchcoat?)
    Bag of holding II

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:53 pm

whit10 wrote:....hmmm... no.  Sorry

Since Alan and Chris have posted their wish list... go ahead and give me three percentile rolls please (at your convenience)

Roll(1d100)+0:
    41,+0
    Total:41

Roll(1d100)+0:
    77,+0
    Total:77

Roll(1d100)+0:
    53,+0
    Total:53

Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:58 pm

Wand of Darkvision added to the LOOT thread.

I don't have a wish list of magic items. Still waiting to see what spells Olivia can copy into her mask.

whit10 wrote:However, and this goes for any character that uses a spellbook, I never said that you couldn't ask him about poking through his library to see if there is a spell that you DON'T have Smile

Robyo wrote:That's what I'm most interested. Olivia uses her mask instead of a familiar or spellbook, but she can add spells to it (besides the ones she automatically acquires from leveling up).

"Master Rashid, I would be quite interested in perusing your library of occult works."
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:41 am

I'm going have to do some figuring for some things here. I'll update late tomorrow, going out of town for a couple days.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:01 pm

Dan - be sure to go the "general discussion" section and check out the topic on my Star Wars game. I certainly hope you will make a character and play, after this game.

I will explain the timeline and get you up to speed, if you are interested.

*sorry for the shameless thread-hijacking*
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:17 pm

whit10 wrote:
    Magic Items:

any roll of 75 or higher was successful!

CR III can purchase a Amulet of Mighty Fists for 1/2 the price (+1) - 1000

JT can purchase a Lens of Detection for 1/2 the price -1750

I think that's all the rolls I've seen so far... Please post three percentile rolls... you have a 25% chance of them being available (for 1/2 price, I'm feeling generous).

Robyo wrote:+2 Dex Belt

Enfield Rifle +1, Flaming 1d6

Wand of Darkvision

whit10 wrote:don't forget the 2000 pounds that you were given (and did not have to use)

I think JT and CR3 should split the 2000 to help pay for the items they scored at half price.

CJC got the rifle
    I am not sure who ended up with the belt, either Elliot or Olivia
    I don't know if anyone can even use the wand?

JT has $700, so he would need someone to spot him another $50

The lens will help JT spot traps in any future dungeon crawls, think of it as an investment in your own safety cheers
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:00 pm

"Please, Mr. Vickers, purchase the lens," Offering the 50£.
    Arcturus2
    Arcturus2

Post  Arcturus2 Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:18 pm

Thread Moderated. Argument moved to new loot thread.

New class guide discussion moved to world and stats thread.

Rob:

whit10 wrote:Olivia can take a run at finding a new spell in the chaos that is Rashid's House of Rare Antiquities

I'll allow two rolls for this, you need above a 75%.

Don't forget to take advantage of this offer. Sounds pretty generous to me.
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Rashid's House of rare antiquities - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue60/112Rashid's House of rare antiquities - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:46 pm

Hoi chummers!

Im back, and should have time to level up CJC by tomorrow.

Standing by for further guidance.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:16 pm

I will be updating sometime tomorrow... busy day and a date tonight. Sorry for hte delay
    Arcturus2
    Arcturus2

Post  Arcturus2 Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:12 pm

Cool man. Have fun.

I think Olivia volunteered for first watch? Elliot will get up to relieve her and take second watch until morning.
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Rashid's House of rare antiquities - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue60/112Rashid's House of rare antiquities - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:25 pm

whit10 wrote:I will be updating sometime tomorrow... busy day and a date tonight.  Sorry for hte delay

AWWWWWW YEAH, BRO!

lol !

whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:47 pm

Ok. You pass through the night uneventfully. It is around dawn....

I need everyone updated and Rob, please take your percentile rolls for spells.

Then we will proceed.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:34 am

Should be able to post updated character soon. Sorry, I've just been working a lot of OT lately.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:41 am

JT is updated, he +1'd in rogue, so he is now rogue 6\ranger 1

skill points kept everything at max rank

JT will spend his watch making another stick of TNT from his demo supplies
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:38 am

All good Rob, I can totally understand.

You may pick one spell that you can cast, but do not have, and add it to your Spellbook (or whatever)

We'll pick it up when everyone is ready then.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:03 am

sorry for the hijack, but I know everyone is reading this thread..... I have posted a "working" recap of our SW game in the SW section. the total recap is < 1 page, but I think it captures the highlights.

I will add more, about what has been happening since the end of our Episode I.

Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:56 pm

My character is leveled up. Picked a couple 2nd level spells and Olivia now has two new hexes: Evil Eye and Slumber. She can spam the sleep spell. Only once per day to the same creature, but not bad for a feat slot.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:36 pm

CR3 is ready to go. +1 lev. Ninja.
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:39 pm

CJC updated. waiving rolls on magic items for purchase. good to go.

DID YOU GUYS SEE THE NEW CLASSES IN THE ADVANCED CLASS GUIDE?!?!?!?!
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:04 pm

MAS wrote:CJC updated. waiving rolls on magic items for purchase. good to go.

DID YOU GUYS SEE THE NEW CLASSES IN THE ADVANCED CLASS GUIDE?!?!?!?!

Josh banned it. Until further review, or something. Is he afraid it might be unbalancing? Yeah, probably... Mythic Adventures definitely is, but that is kind of the point, being it's epic and stuff. The new classes should hypothetically mix with the core classes without making too much waves. We'll shall see.

Some interesting hybrid ideas for sure. Don't think it has much for my current character anyways, but I would enjoy building an Investigator or Arcanist sometime.

MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:27 pm

Robyo wrote:

Some interesting hybrid ideas for sure. Don't think it has much for my current character anyways, but I would enjoy building an Investigator or Arcanist sometime.

Adding a third class would be too much of a dilution, but I might have built CJC different with these, maybe slayer and swashbuckler, for example.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:24 pm

Yes, I like them too Matt. I would've made mine differently too, but adding on now isn't practical.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:14 am

Are you all planning on setting out for the lost temple or are you going to do something else first?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:39 am

whit10 wrote:Are you all planning on setting out for the lost temple or are you going to do something else first?

uh.... unless I missed something, we are returning to Norris with the information about the map and tomb of Thutmoses3.

from the longer post with the recap....

Chris wrote:
    so Circle of Aphosis guy immolates himself magically to hide the map, which shows the final resting place of (undead\mummy\cused by Aphosis) Thutmoses 3.

our task was to figure out what the map meant and report back to Norris\OMP

whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:12 am

ok, I was just making sure. Stand by, you will all be at the hotel when we next pick this up later today.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:22 am

but it's up to the whole party, not just me

I don't care what everyone wants to do
    Arcturus2
    Arcturus2

Post  Arcturus2 Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:51 am

Chris wrote:but it's up to the whole party, not just me

I don't care what everyone wants to do

I vote we go to the Ramses Hotel first, where Norris reserved us a suite under CJCs name and wait for him to communicate with us. He said he'd call.

Undoubtedly he will send us on to the tomb or temple or whatever, but he might have important info or another contact or some material support for us first.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:07 pm

... we just need one more person to vote for the hotel, lol.

Assuming that you DO go there, your trip is uneventful.  However, do you take both vehicles that you had, or do you just take the one car?  (which, BTW, I forgot had a flat tire during the first encounter.  You're damned lucky I forgot that)

Arriving at the hotel, you notice several men outside at an outdoor cafe, reading newspapers... several more are in the lobby of the hotel doing the same thing?

As you approach the front desk, a concierge approaches you... "may I help you?"

In the interest of moving this along, this is your chance to say that you forgot something, haven't finished leveling up, forgot something at Rashid's, etc. etc.

PLEASE DO SO NOW, or forever hold your peace farao
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:22 pm

... I am also reconsidering my stance on the new Class book now that I look through it.  It might be open in the future

And please look over your characters. I notice that some are not actually finished (or it looks like they're not).

Matt, I get only about 22 points spent for your Dwarf, man. Nothing on strength, 7 on Dexterity (augmented to a 17 with the belt), nothing spent on Consitution (so, a 12), 5 on Intelligence, 10 on Wisdom and none on Charisma. That's 22.... yer shortin' yerself points dude.

Last edited by whit10 on Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:44 pm

Hotel. Unless the Col. Disagrees.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:14 pm

Hotel sounds good.

Olivia will stop by the market, or some on-the-way clothing shop. She wishes to pick up some hijabs (veils) and probably some kurti's (tunics). As a western woman, of exotic ancestry, she is leery of the many suspicious eyes in the muslim world. Mostly men of course, but veiled women have alarmed her too. Especially when they'd seen her driving. She think it probably best to try and blend in with the locals.

I say we take both vehicles. Olivia will beg off driving anymore, at least while they remain in the city.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:54 pm

JT wants to keep the truck, he likes it Cool
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:20 pm

whit10 wrote:

Matt, I get only about 22 points spent for your Dwarf, man.  Nothing on strength, 7 on Dexterity (augmented to a 17 with the belt), nothing spent on Consitution (so, a 12), 5 on Intelligence, 10 on Wisdom and none on Charisma.  That's 22.... yer shortin' yerself points dude.  

We went over this during character generation, but Ill break it down again-

+2 con, +2 wis, -2 cha for dwarf

25 point buy

STR 10 = 0 points
    DEX 17 = 13 points
    CON 10= 0 points
    INT 14 = 2 points
    WIS 16 = 10 points
    CHA = 0 points

13+2+10 = 25

I think your calculating a point to point buy, instead of using the point buy table?

Rashid's House of rare antiquities - Page 2 Point_10

The belt - I scratched that on there before I knew Elliot was keeping it, so I need to erase that.

Hotel is fine with CJC.

Keep both vehicles.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 18, 2024 11:04 pm