Dropbox - http://www.dropbox.com/

Open Office - http://www.openoffice.org/

4 posters

Shivak & Spike vs Darth Madbear

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Shivak & Spike vs Darth Madbear - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue35/35Shivak & Spike vs Darth Madbear - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Shivak & Spike vs Darth Madbear - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/0Shivak & Spike vs Darth Madbear - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Shivak & Spike vs Darth Madbear - Page 3 Empty Re: Shivak & Spike vs Darth Madbear

Post  Chris Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:57 pm

navyik wrote:2 total hits is 1 net hit.  Otherwise 1 hit would still deal +1 extra dmg.

Also, I thought crit strike only worked for unarmed combat?

1) your comment makes sense and I even remember I thinking that too at one point.  but if you look above at posts *84 and *86, Spike was playing by the same rules I used for Sithy

pg149
    Step 3. Make the Opposed Test
    The attacker rolls attack skill + attribute +/– modifiers. The defender
    rolls defending skill + attribute +/– modifiers. If the attacker scores
    more hits than the defender (the defender wins on ties), the attack hits
    the target. Otherwise, the attack misses. Note the net hits (the number
    of hits that exceed the defender’s hits).

attacker rolls 10 hits, defender rolls 7 hits = 3 net hits.  10 - 7 = 3

Yes, it does seem like effectively every damage code is always 1 higher, but it applies equally going both ways and keeps the math easier.

2) according to the rulebook, yes, Critical Strike applies only to hands.  But I know I said somewhere, that unarmed Adept powers apply to Lightsabers, since this is SW and all of those powers are traditional jedi\sith powers.  Missile Parry (by the book) doesn't apply to Lightsabers or blasters either.

I would extend that to apply to an melee wpn, like the old Force Adept ability.

I will probably add a few adept powers, now that I see how some mechanics in the game work.  they may even exist in other books that I haven't read.

An obvious missing power is the jedi Speed boost.  

Force Speed - .25 per level.  each level adds 2m to Sprinting (simple action) speed, works with a charging attack

Extended Defense - cost 1.  allows the Jedi to Deflect blaster shots aimed at adjacent friends, as long as they are behind the jedi, relative to the attacker
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Shivak & Spike vs Darth Madbear - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue35/35Shivak & Spike vs Darth Madbear - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Shivak & Spike vs Darth Madbear - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/0Shivak & Spike vs Darth Madbear - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Shivak & Spike vs Darth Madbear - Page 3 Empty Re: Shivak & Spike vs Darth Madbear

Post  Chris Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:59 pm

navyik wrote:DAMN!
    affraid
    Soaking 11 dice:
    Edge again!  4 dice
    7 hits
    Rule of 6 =3 dice

7 hits to soak.

another point of Edge?

you just don't like getting hit lol!

that is 3\4 Edge so far.... Spike's luck will run out quickly at this rate if more baddies showed up Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

ok, enough ribbing ya

Spike takes 3P damage
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:04 am

Trooper Red double Sprints to protect his new friend Shivak.  He interposes his body to shield Shivak while crying out loud, "This is not the Faleen we are looking for!"

Shivak & Spike vs Darth Madbear - Page 3 Duel_m25

IP3!

Initiative scores modified due to wounds

Chris wrote:
    Initiative:

IP3

Spike 16 *used for full dodge*
    Shivak 15

Trooper (Red) 10
    Trooper (Gold)  9

IP4

Spike 17

map is updated

Spike is up but he only has a Free Action left

Shivak is essentially up as well, after Spike's Free
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Shivak & Spike vs Darth Madbear - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue68/68Shivak & Spike vs Darth Madbear - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:59 am

As I suspected, my new friend's tallents are quite effective against brutes... Now for my angry new acquaintence here...

Spike's thoughts flash as he is reminded of what his old teacher said about the Sith and the Jedi:
    "The Jedi code claims to eschew fear, but this is not true. They fear fear, along with every other emotion. This is not courage, it is delusional. Fear and emotion must be felt and assigned its proper station in our mental counsel. A brave man does not lack fear, but is wise enough to overcome it. It is a sensory tool like sight or hearing, and like sight and hearing, emotion can decieve.
    The Jedi can talk all they want about deceptive senses, but in a firefight their eyes will be open. If you have to close your eyes to know whether they are decieving you, then you'd better have them removed."
    The Sith are equally, though perhaps more grotesquely, foolish. Their emotional honesty is to be commended, but emotion clouds their judgemen and unballances them. You may one day find yourself in a position to exploit this."

Got him right where I want him Spike thinks.

Killing is not a clinical practice, nor is it a proud tradition. Killing is a necessary evil, men. It must be both practical and emotional. Every life you take will take a piece of you with it. If you fail to FEEL the responsibility of this you will cease be a person. Feeling leads to healing.
    Anticipate yours and your opponent's emotions. Experience your emotions and consider their input with appropriate weight. Observe your emotional experiences and practice interpereting them; learn to decipher valid emotional input from recklessness.

What a shame...

Spike will center against any potential defense penalties this pass. He adopts a gun kata stance called "writhing fallen crab."

Let' see how strong my new friend's hold IS on Red's mind...
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:26 am

Shivak is up, map is current
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Shivak & Spike vs Darth Madbear - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue19/19Shivak & Spike vs Darth Madbear - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    Shivak & Spike vs Darth Madbear - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue1/0Shivak & Spike vs Darth Madbear - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:42 pm

Shivak will tell his new friend to stun the dude next to Spike (is that a free action)?

more actions will depend on that question
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:51 pm

whit10 wrote:Shivak will tell his new friend to stun the dude next to Spike  (is that a free action)?

more actions will depend on that question

Simple Action to direct your minion

Control Thoughts (Mental)
    Type: M • Range: LOS • Duration: S • DV: (F ÷ 2) + 2
    Mob Mind (Mental, Area)
    Type: M • Range: LOS • Duration: S • DV: (F ÷ 2) + 4
    The caster seizes control of the target’s mind, directing everything the
    target does. The caster mentally gives commands with a Simple Action
    and the target is compelled to obey.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Shivak & Spike vs Darth Madbear - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue19/19Shivak & Spike vs Darth Madbear - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    Shivak & Spike vs Darth Madbear - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue1/0Shivak & Spike vs Darth Madbear - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:40 pm

ah, well then... "stun that target" (the guy attacking Spike)

then Shivak will cast Fling on that guy...

Spell casting + force (3) + Power Focus: 11 dice

Roll(11d6)+0:

hmmm... well that kinda sucked! lol - 2 hits

Drain: (F/2) + 1

Will (5) + charisma (7)

Roll(12d6)+0:

3 hits - that covers the drain?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:44 pm

whit10 wrote:ah, well then... "stun that target" (the guy attacking Spike)

then Shivak will cast Fling on that guy...

Spell casting + force (3) + Power Focus:  11 dice

casting a spell = Spellcasting + Magic + focus.

Force simply determines the max # of successes and the drain

however, that is moot because casting a spell is a complex action, if you use your Simple Action to further direct your minion, you don't have enough time for a complex action.

remember you get 1 Free + either 2 Simple or 1 Complex

just to say it... the guy is already under your thrall and will continue to obey your first command to the best of his reasonable capability. I assume it is a Simple Action because it also involves magical\mental energy to control his mind and his actions, not simply for you to speak instructions.

I think this is a fair balance for a very powerful spell
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:52 pm

oh! Well, nevermind then... no new casting of a spell.

Uh, hmm, I guess I'll hold an action to redirect a blaster shot? Can I do that?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:14 pm

whit10 wrote:oh!  Well, nevermind then... no new casting of a spell.

Uh, hmm, I guess I'll hold an action to redirect a blaster shot?  Can I do that?

Full Defense is also a complex action and it can be used as an interrupt anyways

go fish!

you could move, draw an item, fire a gun, etc.... look at the list of simple actions
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:28 pm

well, there really isn't much he can do then. lol (I don't have that list here)

Shivak will just direct his puppet then.

Wait a minute, doesn't a sustaining focus help with that spell? If not... so, you can't really use more than one spell at a time? (well, not have them be effective anyway) Is that right?
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:35 pm

I guess he can move over directly to the south of the blue car. That's about it
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:54 pm

whit10 wrote:
    Wait a minute, doesn't a sustaining focus help with that spell?  If not... so, you can't really use more than one spell at a time?  (well, not have them be effective anyway)  Is that right?

you will have to refresh my memory on what that means
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:24 pm

lol.. I'll have to look it up tonight when I can read through the book. I honestly don't think I'm doing that part right anyway, your interpretation of what he can do this round is probably correct.

Just go ahead and move him to that new position... it's just a practice fight.
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Shivak & Spike vs Darth Madbear - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue60/112Shivak & Spike vs Darth Madbear - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:36 pm

I was kicking ass until Chris took over!

Wink
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:12 pm

um, and, (cough) Shivak doesn't have the Sustaining Focus anymore anyway... lol, too expensive (read it on pg. 199)
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:55 pm

Shivak & Spike vs Darth Madbear - Page 3 Duel_m26

map is updated, however....

Shivak - run speed is only 6m or 3 hexes, which doesn't get you to south of the blue car, Shivak is 2 hexes (4m) short.  Shivak has a Simple action, so he can Sprint

Str + running (athletics group) test is needed.  Each hit = 1 hex of movement.  

Trooper Red's mind bends to Shivak's will.  Sith Troopers enjoy fighting and killing, it almost sounds like disappointment in his voice as he switches his Assualt Blaster FN-HAR to stun, "By your command...."

Josh, why don't you go ahead and roll for your minion.  He will fire 2 Wide Bursts at his boss, on stun

He has a total of 12d in agility + blasters
    -1d for injury
    +2d for Smartgun link
    -2 recoil for a burst, RC2 (simple 1)
    -5 recoil for 2nd burst (simple 2)

so that is 13d on the first burst, -2 to defense
    and 10d on the second burst, -3 to defense for 2nd shot and burst
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:09 am

Roll(13d6)+0:

5 hits

Roll(10d6)+0:

6 hits
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:25 am

whit10 wrote:Roll(13d6)+0:

5 hits

Roll(10d6)+0:

6 hits

unfortunately, Mr. Sith is out of actions. I think he can still use a Full Defense, which would cost him his action in the 1st IP of the next round. All attack will continue to spiral down -1d until his dice refresh.

Reaction + Missile Parry = 9d -1 wound -2 wide burst

Result of the throw of dice "6d6" :

1 + 2 + 4 + 3 + 2 + 1

0 hits Crying or Very sad

2nd attack at 5d
    Result of the throw of dice "5d6" :

3 + 2 + 1 + 5 + 4

1 hits.

ok, first shot 5 attack hits - 0 defense hits = 5 net hits

Shivak's minion does 6S + 5 = 11S

Soak roll 10d
    Result of the throw of dice "10d6" :

6 + 3 + 6 + 4 + 6 + 1 + 4 + 6 + 5 + 5

6 hits!

4S damage

2nd attack 6 attack hits -1 defense hit = 5 net hits

DV 6+5 = 11

soak roll 10d
    Result of the throw of dice "10d6" :

4 + 3 + 6 + 3 + 5 + 2 + 6 + 3 + 1 + 1

3 hits

DV11 -3 soaked = 8S

Sithie has now taken 12S damage

Sithie only has 10 boxes of Stun. The first 4S damage applies as usual, the next 8S fills his stun up to 10, he drops unconscious and the remaining 2S (past his max stun) gets transferred to the Physical Condition Monitor as well, maybe he hits his head on the pavement or something, LOL
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:27 am

Chris wrote:

Shivak - run speed is only 6m or 3 hexes, which doesn't get you to south of the blue car, Shivak is 2 hexes (4m) short.  Shivak has a Simple action, so he can Sprint

Str + running (athletics group) test is needed.  Each hit = 1 hex of movement.  

Shivak still needs his Sprint check
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:32 am

Trooper Gold shouts "Get out of Bob's mind, you.... you.... mind-meddler!"

He will walk (no action) to the side of the car to get a clear shot at Shivak, who has partial cover, if he makes his Sprint check

He will spray Shivak with 2 wide bursts, still set to lethal damage

12d -2 wounds, +2 smartgun link, +2 RC

1st burst -2 recoil = 12d
    Result of the throw of dice "12d6" :

6 + 6 + 5 + 1 + 4 + 1 + 1 + 6 + 6 + 4 + 5 + 2

6 hits

Shivak has -2 wide burst penalty but +2 partial cover bonus - so he can roll his full Reaction + Missile Parry
    or choose full defense

2nd burst, -5 recoil, 2RC = 9d

Result of the throw of dice "9d6" :

4 + 1 + 3 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 5 + 1 + 5

2 hits, nearly a glitch

Shivak now suffers -1d for the 2nd attack

whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:48 am

Full Defense... what do I add? I know it's Reaction + Missile Parry... Dodge?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:52 am

whit10 wrote:Full Defense... what do I add?  I know it's Reaction + Missile Parry... Dodge?

right and remember that uses up your next Complex Action
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:00 pm

Roll(13d6)+0:

5 hits, spend an Edge point for 1 auto success, so, 6 hits

Roll(12d6)+0:

6 hits
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:57 pm

whit10 wrote:Roll(13d6)+0:

5 hits, spend an Edge point for 1 auto success, so, 6 hits

Roll(12d6)+0:

6 hits

that isn't one of the things you can do with Edge. When you spend Edge you roll a number of dice equal to your Edge rating, rule of 6 applies.

If you declare the Edge before your roll, the Ro6 applies to ALL dice. If you declare Edge after the roll the Ro6 only applies to the Edge dice

I realize this is only a test.... but you and Alan have burned a lot of Edge for just 1 fight. you might want to look at how Edge gets refreshed on pg 74

Impressive roleplaying.
    • Heroic acts of self-sacrifice.
    • Achievement of important personal goals.
    • Scoring a critical success (p. 65) against the odds.
    • Rolling a critical glitch (p. 62)—you get a point of Edge to balance the scales.

I would also refresh Edge at the start of each new Chapter, but that can be weeks of real time. I would not reset Edge for each fight (new thread).
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:00 pm

hmm, thought you could buy successes with it... I'll have to look those rules over again, forget the Edge point.

I guess that means only 5 hits for the first shot
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:09 pm

whit10 wrote:hmm, thought you could buy successes with it... I'll have to look those rules over again, forget the Edge point.

Trooper Gold sprays Shivak with blaster fire and barely (1 net hit) clips him.  (2nd burst was a total miss)

DV = 7  (6P + 1 net hit)

Shivak has 7P damage that he can try to soak with Body + Armor -1AP

Last edited by Chris on Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:11 pm

whit10 wrote:hmm, thought you could buy successes with it... I'll have to look those rules over again, forget the Edge point.

you can buy auto hits with ANY skill check, but not in combat or under pressure situations, just like taking 10 in d20.

1 auto success per 4d in any given check
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:15 pm

...which, like taking 10, is usually rather useless.

Anyway, what kind of damage am I looking at here?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:18 pm

whit10 wrote:...which, like taking 10, is usually rather useless.

Anyway, what kind of damage am I looking at here?

look up Wink

Chris wrote:

Trooper Gold sprays Shivak with blaster fire and barely (1 net hit) clips him.  (2nd burst was a total miss)

DV = 7  (6P + 1 net hit)

Shivak has 7P damage that he can try to soak with Body + Armor -1 AP
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:25 pm

ok, Body (5), Armor (6)? ... we use the second number, right?

10 dice total

Roll(10d6)+0:

4 hits... he's got 3 boxes of damage.

I'm more or less out for the rest of the day... we're getting slammed with IRs here and I have a ton of interview to do today (only 6 hours till the weekend, ack!)
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:04 pm

whit10 wrote:ok, Body (5), Armor (6)?  ... we use the second number, right?

10 dice total

Roll(10d6)+0:

4 hits... he's got 3 boxes of damage.  

I'm more or less out for the rest of the day... we're getting slammed with IRs here and I have a ton of interview to do today (only 6 hours till the weekend, ack!)

no worries

use the 1st number for blasters and bullet, the bigger # usually -1 AP
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:37 pm

ah, well, here's two more dice then

Roll(2d6)+0:

lol... then that's 6 hits... just 2 boxes of damage, I believe.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:39 pm

whit10 wrote:ah, well, here's two more dice then

Roll(2d6)+0:

lol... then that's 6 hits... just 2 boxes of damage, I believe.

correct

Sith Warrior doesn't have an IP pass here, but he could actually walk (no action), which he won't do, since he relishes standing over Spike.

That concludes IP3

IP 4

Spike - the one and only person that can act in all 4 IPs
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Shivak & Spike vs Darth Madbear - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue68/68Shivak & Spike vs Darth Madbear - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:26 am

Centering with "a reverent moment", which can be done by pausing any stance in the gun kata, Spike goes numb.

There is no before or after, only this instant. The only things that exist in this moment are the Sith Warrior, Spike, and the flechettes pouring out of his verpine gun.

Centering negates 4 dice of penalties including -3 attacker in melee and -1 recoil on 2nd short wide burst. Spike gets +2 for point blank. 16 dice +2=18

341222566536322256= 7 hits
    Base damage 8 (+2AP)
    Defender @ -2 for burst

346243351165612563 =7 hits
    Base damage 8 (+2AP)
    Defender @ -3 fir burst and 2nd attack
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:21 pm

navyik wrote:Centering with "a reverent moment", which can be done by pausing any stance in the gun kata, Spike goes numb.  

There is no before or after, only this instant. The only things that exist in this moment are the Sith Warrior, Spike, and the flechettes pouring out of his verpine gun.

Centering negates 4 dice of penalties including -3 attacker in melee and -1 recoil on 2nd short wide burst.  Spike gets +2 for point blank. 16 dice +2=18

341222566536322256= 7 hits
    Base damage 8 (+2AP)
    Defender @ -2 for burst

346243351165612563 =7 hits
    Base damage 8 (+2AP)
    Defender @ -3 fir burst and 2nd attack

aside from the part that Spike is prone and not "in any stance", I know Centering isn't really reliant on actually being on your feet Wink

That was a nice attack, but Sith is already on the ground and unconscious.  He is only moderately "wounded" as most of it is Stun damage from Shivak's mental minion.

Chris wrote:
    Sithie has now taken 12S damage

Sithie only has 10 boxes of Stun.  The first 4S damage applies as usual, the next 8S fills his stun up to 10, he drops unconscious and the remaining 2S (past his max stun) gets transferred to the Physical Condition Monitor as well, maybe he hits his head on the pavement or something, LOL

Does Spike want to pump him full of flechettes to finish him off or choose the only active threat - Gold Trooper (who just fired at Shivak)?  or some other action?
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:40 pm

I must have failed to refresh or something. I had read something about the Sith standing over spike and I was a bit surprized he was not dead...

Spike Is prone and Is in a "stance" designed to be used when prone. Notwithstanding that, spike will indeed shoot goldie, but with the other pistol in his hand, then.

I will post that attack after I figure out what is going on...
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:31 pm

Stand up (simple).
    Walk to get clearest shot in goldie, (no action).
    Center -4 to penalties (free).

Short narrow burst with autoblaster@ goldie:
    Using a laser sight, he gets 17 dice instead of the 18 previously rolled for first (and now only) attack.  

Drop the last 6 and I get 6 hits for 5 dmg +2 for brst = 7+net hits. -1AP.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:02 pm

navyik wrote:Stand up (simple).
    Walk to get clearest shot in goldie, (no action).
    Center -4 to penalties (free).

Short narrow burst with autoblaster@ goldie:
    Using a laser sight, he gets 17 dice instead of the 18 previously rolled for first (and now only) attack.  

Drop the last 6 and I get 6 hits for 5 dmg +2 for brst = 7+net hits.  -1AP.

Sith Trooper has -2d for wounds and 7 reaction

Result of the throw of dice "5d6" :

2 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 4

no hits, so damage = 5 +2 burst + 7 net hits = 14P

soaking with Body 5 + 12 armor -1 = 16d
    DV > armor, so it is real damage

Result of the throw of dice "16d6" :

2 + 6 + 5 + 2 + 3 + 1 + 3 + 4 + 1 + 5 + 4 + 3 + 4 + 1 + 6 + 6

5 hits = 11P damage which drops him

The test fight is effectively over, since 2\3 baddies are down and the last is under Shivak's mental control

good job with the rules!
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:52 pm

Unless this actually means something (in which case Shivak would immediately "interrogate" him) Shivak will just tell the flunky to drop his guns and go contemplate his existence.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:54 pm

whit10 wrote:Unless this actually means something (in which case Shivak would immediately "interrogate" him) Shivak will just tell the flunky to drop his guns and go contemplate his existence.

go for it!

if this is how Spike and Shivak actually meet, which is kind of a cool way to meet, then we might as well play it out
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:10 pm

...uh, that's assuming that I stick with Mr. Squishy here... that is no longer as likely as it once was.

Since he's still under control... "who sent you here and who was this (pointing at the guy that seemed to be in charge)?"
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:15 pm

Spike takes the red lightsaber, "we shouldn't visit our employer without a souvenir... I think he should retire and we should take over his accounts as partners.  What do you say my new friend?"

Time to get out of dodge.

7 dice for knowledge security proceedure.
    2655345= 4 hits.

From which direction should we expect sithy backup?
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:31 pm

Let's speed this up...

(Mind Probe)

Force (4), Spell casting (6), Power Focus (2) (-1 for damage)

11 dice

Roll(11d6)+0:

shit! 6 hits

Drain - 11 dice?

Roll(11d6)+0:
    4 hits on that... drain still confuses me a bit
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:08 pm

whit10 wrote:Let's speed this up...

(Mind Probe)

Force (4), Spell casting (6), Power Focus (2) (-1 for damage)

11 dice

Roll(11d6)+0:

shit!  6 hits

Drain - 11 dice?

Roll(11d6)+0:
    4 hits on that... drain still confuses me a bit

MAGIC + spellcasting + focus

Force just determines the max # of hits and drain
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:30 pm

ah, so, in that case, Magic (6) + SC (6) + Power focus 2 (-1) for damage;

Roll(13d6)+0:

five hits.

Drain shouldn't have changed?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:33 pm

whit10 wrote:ah, so, in that case, Magic (6) + SC (6) + Power focus 2 (-1) for damage;

Roll(13d6)+0:

five hits.

Drain shouldn't have changed?

I have no idea which Shivak is current.... does Shivak still have 3 dice in Adept powers and 3 in spells?

if so, his magic (for spells) is 3 + SC 6 + PF 2 -1 damage = 10d
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:39 pm

yes, he is at 3 currently (which will probably have to change).

I thought it was the Magic Rating? His Magic Rating is a 6, I thought the difference between Adept and Magic points didn't matter for this purpose? (didn't Alan point that out?)
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:44 pm

whit10 wrote:yes, he is at 3 currently (which will probably have to change).

I thought it was the Magic Rating?  His Magic Rating is a 6, I thought the difference between Adept and Magic points didn't matter for this purpose? (didn't Alan point that out?)

that is the 1 and only thing that it does apply to.  

For every point of Magic invested in physical abilities, the character
    gets one Power Point that she can use to purchase adept powers.
    Every point of Magic invested in mana-based abilities grants the character
    one point to use with Magic-based skills.
    For all other purposes,
    including the determination of the maximum level for adept powers,
    the character’s full Magic attribute is used.
    Such a character will not
    have as many adept powers as most other adepts, nor will they be able
    to cast spells with the same skill as true magicians.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:53 pm