Dropbox - http://www.dropbox.com/

Open Office - http://www.openoffice.org/

4 posters

Shivak & Spike vs Darth Madbear

whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Shivak & Spike vs Darth Madbear - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue19/19Shivak & Spike vs Darth Madbear - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    Shivak & Spike vs Darth Madbear - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue1/0Shivak & Spike vs Darth Madbear - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Shivak & Spike vs Darth Madbear - Page 4 Empty Re: Shivak & Spike vs Darth Madbear

Post  whit10 Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:56 pm

ack... ok. Something else that will probably have to go bye bye. I'm beginning to think that the Adept powers just aren't worth it (especially since it's still an action to activate Improved Reflexes.. the spell is SO much better, potentially, it just sucks to have to waste a complex action on it.... are all spells complex actions to cast?)

Roll(10d6)+0:

so.. four hits (that really sucks, so much for the Adept powers..)

Is drain the same though?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Shivak & Spike vs Darth Madbear - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue35/35Shivak & Spike vs Darth Madbear - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Shivak & Spike vs Darth Madbear - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0/0Shivak & Spike vs Darth Madbear - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Shivak & Spike vs Darth Madbear - Page 4 Empty Re: Shivak & Spike vs Darth Madbear

Post  Chris Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:00 pm

whit10 wrote:ack... ok.  Something else that will probably have to go bye bye.  I'm beginning to think that the Adept powers just aren't worth it (especially since it's still an action to activate Improved Reflexes.. the spell is SO much better, potentially, it just sucks to have to waste a complex action on it.... are all spells complex actions to cast?)

Roll(10d6)+0:

so.. four hits (that really sucks, so much for the Adept powers..)

Is drain the same though?

all spells are complex actions to cast, yes. sounds like Shivak is reverting to the earlier version of himself lol!

if you are still casting the spell at a Force of 6, then yes, the drain is the same
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Shivak & Spike vs Darth Madbear - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue19/19Shivak & Spike vs Darth Madbear - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    Shivak & Spike vs Darth Madbear - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue1/0Shivak & Spike vs Darth Madbear - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:28 pm

ugh, so, what, exactly, does the Force rating actually do?  You don't cast with it, you don't resist drain with it... what's the freakin' point?!  lol

Well, yeah... he's had to be re-worked so many times that I can't even follow it anymore!  In the end, the Adept power Increase Reflexes isn't worth the cost... the spell, though more complicated, is far better IMO.

Besides, since I know about the free-action draw item that Alan found and the change with Combat Sense, it's now possible to have all of that ready AND increase his Reflexes properly, which is what I was trying to do in the first place... it's all about that first action man.

...so Shivak (this version anyway) is done for the moment since he cast that spell (no idea if I soaked the drain)
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Shivak & Spike vs Darth Madbear - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue35/35Shivak & Spike vs Darth Madbear - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Shivak & Spike vs Darth Madbear - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0/0Shivak & Spike vs Darth Madbear - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:40 pm

whit10 wrote:ugh, so, what, exactly, does the Force rating actually do?  You don't cast with it, you don't resist drain with it... what's the freakin' point?!  lol

Well, yeah... he's had to be re-worked so many times that I can't even follow it anymore!  In the end, the Adept power Increase Reflexes isn't worth the cost... the spell, though more complicated, is far better IMO.

Besides, since I know about the free-action draw item that Alan found and the change with Combat Sense, it's now possible to have all of that ready AND increase his Reflexes properly, which is what I was trying to do in the first place... it's all about that first action man.

...so Shivak (this version anyway) is done for the moment since he cast that spell (no idea if I soaked the drain)

LOL - for the 82nd time

Force - determines the max # of hits on a roll
    - determines the drain level (F \ 2) +3 or whatever
    - determines the base damage or effect (F \ 2 ) +1 or whatever

you just don't actually roll it

YES - Combat Sense has nothing to do with a lightsaber, so you can cast as a complex action and still add your Combat Sense dice to your defensive rolls, just not + Dodge as a full defense. or yes, use the sheathe and draw your lightsaber as a free action
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:55 pm

...and we're back to the original dilemma.

but thanks
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:23 pm

whit10 wrote:...and we're back to the original dilemma.
    but thanks

what dilemma is that?

lol! that you still don't understand the magic system? lol!

I am home with 2 sick kids, 1 recovering nicely, 1 with pneumonia now. I probably won't be very active posting today
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:38 pm

I understand it fine now
    ...moving on
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:58 pm

so I think we're back to the Mind Probe that I cast on him...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:27 am