navyik
Whitey
6 posters

Under new management

whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Under new management  - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue19/19Under new management  - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    Under new management  - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue1/0Under new management  - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Under new management  - Page 3 Empty Re: Under new management

Post  whit10 Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:30 pm

it means "not stirred" Very Happy
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Under new management  - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue68/68Under new management  - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Under new management  - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/0Under new management  - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:33 pm

Cap'n Hawkes
    AC 17
    Hp 63/58*. 44

Spell save 14
    Passive perception 14
    Passive insight 17

+1 con save 1/day

Inspiration 3x ✓
    Superiority 4x

Spells: 1:4
    2:3(2)
    Cantrip: Vicious Mockery, Message, xxxxxx
    1: charm person, bane, healing word, detect magic, identify
    2: suggestion, shatter

Assuming that the shaman is using some sort of charisma ability to inspire, Hawkes will use cutting words to debuff his roll if he gets one:

Cutting Words
     Also at 3rd level, you learn how to use your wit to distract, confuse, and otherwise sap the confidence and competence of others. When a creature that you can see within 60 feet of you makes an attack roll, an ability check, or a damage roll, you can use your reaction to expend one of your uses of Bardic Inspiration, rolling a Bardic Inspiration die and subtracting the number rolled from the creature’s roll. You can choose to use this feature after the creature makes its roll, but before the DM determines whether the attack roll or ability.

Result of the throw of dice "1d6" :

"Fools! I AM the Thunder god! Not only do you defy me, but your soothsayers have incurred the wrath of the Sea god by threatening his wooden duck!  Now you have also angered the very jungle that sustains you by blaspheming to turn it's vines to oppose me.  It has come alive to eat you!" Indicating Renda. "All who stand against the Thunder god will perish!  Flee for your lives!!!"

Last edited by navyik on Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Under new management  - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue60/112Under new management  - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    Under new management  - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/0Under new management  - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:26 pm

GRRRRR! Temp HP Noted in stat block edit, above.

He also shouts "TRAP! They Attack Boat!"

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Under new management  - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue35/35Under new management  - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:38 pm

whit10 wrote:it means "not stirred"  Very Happy

lol! the Celt  Roman gets an Inspiration point for quick wit!

Whitey wrote:DM please define the “shaken” condition, thanks.

study  sorry, used the Pathfinder term

F r ig h t e n e d
    • A frightened creature has disadvantage on ability
    checks and attack rolls while the source o f its fear is
    within line o f sight.
    • The creature can’t willingly move closer to the source
    o f its fear.

study  These kobolds are a bit stronger than usual but to offset that they have low morale, especially to things that seem supernatural, for reasons you will learn or can guess
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Under new management  - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue35/35Under new management  - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:41 pm

navyik wrote:Cap'n Hawkes

"Fools! I AM the Thunder god! Not only do you defy me, but your soothsayers have incurred the wrath of the Sea god by threatening his wooden duck!  Now you have also angered the very jungle that sustains you by blaspheming to turn it's vines to oppose me.  It has come alive to eat you!" Indicating Renda. "All who stand against the Thunder god will perish!  Flee for your lives!!!"

Some of the kobolds seem confused now, not inspired!

Renda is correct cheers

reposting map on page 3

Under new management  - Page 3 Hot_sp19

Crispy is up

Whitey
    Whitey

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Under new management  - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue30/30Under new management  - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (30/30)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Whitey Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:42 pm

Crispy knows he’s got to get back the ship pronto, so he pops off a sleep spell to try and drops the kobolds around him. The scent of sulfur fills the air, as if a whole box of matches had been put out all at once...
    Pyriannix "Crispy"

HP: 59/59 (54/38)
    AC: 17
    Ki: (3/2)
    Sorcery Points (6/4)
    Spells:
    1st: (4/4)
    2nd: (3/2)
    3rd: (3/3)
    Spell DC: 14
    Sleep, centered on K3
    Casting Time: 1 action
    Range: 90 feet
    Components: V S M (A pinch of fine sand, rose petals, or a cricket)
    Duration: 1 minute
    Classes: Bard, Sorcerer, Wizard
    This spell sends creatures into a magical slumber. Roll 5d8; the total is how many hit points of creatures this spell can affect. Creatures within 20 feet of a point you choose within range are affected in ascending order of their current hit points (ignoring unconscious creatures). Starting with the creature that has the lowest current hit points, each creature affected by this spell falls unconscious until the spell ends, the sleeper takes damage, or someone uses an action to shake or slap the sleeper awake. Subtract each creature’s hit points from the total before moving on to the creature with the next lowest hit points. A creature’s hit points must be equal to or less than the remaining total for that creature to be affected. Undead and creatures immune to being charmed aren’t affected by this spell.
    At Higher Levels: When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, roll an additional 2d8 for each slot level above 1st.

To ll(5d8)+0:
    8,5,7,5,2,+0
    Total:27

Crispy will wait on the outcome of this action before declaring firther

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:59 pm

Chris wrote: There is a faint smell of rotten eggs in the air.  It gets stronger as you climb up,  when you reach the upper treeline, you can see the mob is congregated around some bubbling hot springs.  

if you recall, the crew is at a bubbling sulfur hot spring already

Whitey wrote:Crispy knows he’s got to get back the ship pronto, so he pops off a sleep spell to try and drops the kobolds around him. The scent of sulfur fills the air, as if a whole box of matches had been put out all at once...

To ll(5d8)+0:
    8,5,7,5,2,+0
    Total:27

Crispy will wait on the outcome of this action before declaring firther

The 2 Spears at M-3 and K-4 curl up into balls like cats in a field of mint.  Their eyes roll happily back into their skulls as fall into blissful slumber.  One's leg twitches as if he is dreaming of chasing a tapir.

The Shield at L-3 sniffs the air and asks in a reverent voice, "Cha Ra Mo Na Ah Na?"  He looks at his two friends and decides it might be safest to imitate them, though he isn't sure why.  He isn't asleep, but he drops into a  position of cowering prayer.  (frightened and prone)

Under new management  - Page 3 Hot_sp20

Crispy?

Chris wrote:Round 2

Crispy 23
    Hawkes 22
    Slingers 18
    Sam 17 HIDDEN
    Spears 14
    Soothsayers 13
    Scout 12
    Shields 9

Sjon 7
    Renda 6
    Unfeathers 6
    Shaman 5

Hawkes is up after Crispy finishes
    Whitey
    Whitey

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Under new management  - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue30/30Under new management  - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (30/30)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Whitey Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:21 am

Crispy will burn two more to Sorcery Points to cast Fly as a Bonus action:
    Fly
    3 transmutation
    Casting Time: 1 action
    Range: Touch
    Components: V S M (A wing feather from any bird)
    Duration: Up to 10 minutes
    Classes: Sorcerer, Warlock, Wizard
    You touch a willing creature. The target gains a flying speed of 60 feet for the duration. When the spell ends, the target falls if it is still aloft, unless it can stop the fall.
    At Higher Levels: When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 4th level or higher, you can target one additional creature for each slot level above 3rd.

As he lifts off he calls to his friends “uhh... I think you guys got this...I’m going to uhh check on the ship...”

Crispy will use his max movement to gain altitude +20 and 40’ back towards the ship. Does he see anything?

Josef909
    Josef909

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Under new management  - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue86/98Under new management  - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (86/98)
    Action Points:
    Under new management  - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue11/11Under new management  - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (11/11)
    Character Sheet:

Post  Josef909 Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:53 am

Chris, seems you might have missed the rest of my move before Renda, as I had moved to I-11.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:43 pm

Josef909 wrote:Chris, seems you might have missed the rest of my move before Renda, as I had moved to I-11.

affraid I totally missed the whole thing!  dang, I am sorry about that.  geez, who put this noob GM in charge scratch

Josef909 wrote:Sjon closes his eyes and thinks back to the island with 5 palms he was left deserted upon.  Those black, chitenous creatures that stirred at night still trespass his thoughts from time to time.  He channels his wild shape to become a Giant Scorpion.

Giant Scorpion
    Large beast, unaligned
    Armor Class 15 (Natural Armor)
    Hit Points 52 Speed 40 ft.
    STR 15

Crawling across the ground, he circles the baddies at J-10&11 and ends his turn at I-11 clicking his claws together at his foes.

Sjon can take 1 free GM-fiat action as a remedy

the two nearest kobolds, 1 Sheild, 1 Spear become frightened at Sjon's transformation.  Things just keep getting  weirder for the poor little lizards

map updated for Sjon
    Under new management  - Page 3 Hot_sp21
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:55 pm

Whitey wrote:Crispy will burn two more to Sorcery Points to cast Fly as a Bonus action: Fly

As he lifts off he calls to his friends “uhh... I think you guys got this...I’m going to uhh check on the ship...”

Crispy will use his max movement to gain altitude +20 and 40’ back towards the ship. Does he see anything?

Crispy sees 2 of the "scary long legs" the kobolds mentioned heading towards the beach and the ship which is anchored a bit further out.  Crispy is quite convinced they are in fact Fire Giants.  They wear full plate armor and carry greatswords the size of a small tree.  The two stand about 18 ft high, so Crispy is just above head level with them at +20ft in the air.  It occurs to Crispy that Fire Giants often live in volcanoes.  

"Jungle" map updated for Cripsy.  The rest of the crew remains on the "Hot Springs" map.  The Fire Giants are headed towards the "Beach" map

Under new management  - Page 3 Jungle12

Under new management  - Page 3 Beach_10

Last edited by Chris on Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:56 pm

Crispy 23
    Hawkes 22
    Slingers 18
    Sam 17 HIDDEN
    Spears 14
    Soothsayers 13
    Scout 12
    Shields 9

Sjon 7
    Renda 6
    Unfeathers 6
    Shaman 5
    Fire Giants 3

Hawkes is up
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Under new management  - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue68/68Under new management  - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:39 pm

Hawkes still holds no weapons and stands vulnerable in their midst as if unconcerned by their threat.

(With hurt feelings) "Stop this madness! Have you forgotten the tale?! Of why we put you here?" (With force), "Cha Ra Mo Na Ah Na IS YOURS! It always was; we did not put you here to be subservient to Giants and monsters!" (With resignation), "This is my fault... I should have taught you better."

Deception check:

Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +6" :

18 + 6 = 24
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:54 pm

Slinger moves to J-6 and launches a stone at Renda, but misses

navyik wrote:

navyik wrote:
    (With hurt feelings) "Stop this madness! Have you forgotten the tale?! Of why we put you here?" (With force), "Cha Ra Mo Na Ah Na IS YOURS! It always was; we did not put you here to be subservient to Giants and monsters!" (With resignation), "This is my fault... I should have taught you better."

the other 3 slingers gather together to discuss Hawkes' words.  
    Action:  ready to fire sling against enemy aggression

Qag:  We have Thunder God and a Sea God?

Toraj:  I don't know, never heard of them.  What tale did we forget this time?

Bujux:  Uh......

Toraj:  Toraj is confused

Qag:  Qag too

Bujux:  uh......  

Qag:  Cha Ra Mo Na Ah Na is OURS?

Toraj:  No.... Heart of Mountain belongs to Scary Long Legs and Firetail now, not the We.

Bujux:  uh.... huh?

map updated

Under new management  - Page 3 Hot_sp22

Sam is up
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Under new management  - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue19/19Under new management  - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    Under new management  - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue1/0Under new management  - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:02 pm

Sam is far more worried about the ship at this point... "heading to the ship"

Double move to edge of the map (Q-7??), not sure if you need that Athletics check again:

Roll(1d20)+4:
    17,+4
    Total:21

+1 Studded Leather
    Saves: Dex. & Int. Immune to Magical Sleep and Advantage vs. Charm spells
    HP: 78
    Movement: 30’
    Initiative: +4
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:40 am

I will get the map updated later, sorry

Sam hustles. Josh, do you want Sam to go in a straight line? More difficult terrain
    Or to head NE following the stream? If ypu look at the middle "jungle" map, the terrain clears out considerably
    There is a clearer path further south too, just more trees in the way initially

All the Spears and Shields will Disengage and move back from Hawkes and Sjon. They appear confused and await instruction from their Shaman. Scout's action is unobserved.

Sjon is up
    R3nda on deck
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:04 pm

I wondered about that... path of least resistance please
    Josef909
    Josef909

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Under new management  - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue86/98Under new management  - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (86/98)
    Action Points:
    Under new management  - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue11/11Under new management  - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (11/11)
    Character Sheet:

Post  Josef909 Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:27 pm

Sjon Barker Druid 9
    HP: 50/73
    AC: 16
    Slots:4/3/3/3/1 (4/3/3/3/1 max)
    Wild Shape: 2 (2 max)
    Spell save DC: 17 Spell Attack: +9
    Staff of Arcane Defense – 6 charges (1d4/d)
    Shield = 2 charges, Mage Armor = 1 charge

Giant Scorpion
    Large beast, unaligned
    Armor Class 15 (Natural Armor)
    Hit Points 52 Speed 40 ft.
    STR 15 (+2)
    DEX 13 (+1)
    CON 15 (+2)
    Actions
    Claw. Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: (1d8 + 2) bludgeoning damage. The target is grappled (escape dc 12) The scorpion has two claws, each of which can grapple only one target
    Multiattack. The scorpion makes three attacks: two with its claws and one with its sting.
    Sting. Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one creature. Hit: (1d10 + 2) piercing damage plus (4d10)poison damage. The target must make a DC 12 Constitution saving throw, taking 22 (4d10) poison damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one

Sjon sees the fear in the faces of these kobolds. Although others are moving east to protect the ship, he stays with Hawkes. He moves to I-13 (so that there is a kobold to his west and to his south). He takes a low stance with his stinger held high and snaps his claws. He will hold his attack for now, but if either of them make an aggressive move towards his allies or himself, he will strike with a multi-attack.

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:39 pm

Map updated

Under new management  - Page 3 15421210

Crispy 23
    Hawkes 22
    Slingers 18
    Sam 17 HIDDEN
    Spears 14
    Soothsayers 13
    Scout 12
    Shields 9

Sjon 7
    Renda 6
    Unfeathers 6
    Shaman 5
    Fire Giants 3

Renda is up
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Under new management  - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue60/112Under new management  - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:28 pm

Renda' Mon
    Current Init: 6
    HP: 112*/102
    Rages daily: 2/3
    SPD: 45 / 55 flurry of blows
    AC: 18
    Prof: +4
    Ki pool: 5/6

Advantage on DEX saves vs things he can see.
    Unarmed attacks ignore resistance and immunity to nonmagical attacks and damage.
    Add 1d6+1 necrotic to weapon attack dmg on the first hit of the round.  
    Condition; RAGED; +2 strength-based melee attack dmg, resistance vs slash, pierce, bludge
    ADVANTAGE ON STR BASED ATTACKS FOR THIS ROUND.
    ENEMIES HAVE ADVANTAGE ON ATTACKS AGAINST HIM THIS ROUND
    Venomblood Ring, Grants resistance to poison damage, Once per day, grant yourself advantage on a Wisdom saving throw.
    x1 Fire giant strength potion, Strength score changes to 25 for 1 hour. Unused.
    Kracken dagger.
    Handaxe +6/ 1d6+2/+4 raged S
    Unarmed +7/ 1d6+3/+5 raged B
    Bite +6/  1d6+3/+5 raged P
    Standard round max dmg, 3 bite attacks, 4d6 +21
    Flurry of blows round max dmg, 4 bite attacks, 5d6 +26
    Renda speaks Draconic, as per Lizardfolk racial

Renda's eyes slide past the sleeping and cowed as he prefers more lively prey. He lets out a loud shriek/hiss as he launches forward to K-6 and attacks the nearest "lively" kobolds...

The intent is to attack the first target until it falls and then use any remaining attacks against the adjacent one. If they both fall and an attack is still available, he will move another 5 ft to reach that 3rd target.

1 ki pt to activate flurry of blows, +10 movement as a result (drunken monk)

Attk #1:

12 + 6 = 18
    2 + 1 = 3

7 + 6 = 13

Dmg if hits =
    Necrotic'hunger dmg on first hit of round, Result of the throw of dice "1d6 +1" :
    2 + 1 = 3
    Bite Damage, Result of the throw of dice "1d6 +5" :
    2 + 5 = 7
    10 dmg total

---
    Attk #2:

20 + 6 = 26

18 + 6 = 24
    Dmg if hits, Critical (2d6+5) = Result of the throw of dice "2d6 +5" :

6 + 3 + 5 = 14

---
    Attk #3

1 + 6 = 7

5 + 6 = 11
    Dmg if hits, Result of the throw of dice "1d6 +5" :

1 + 5 = 6

---
    Attk #4:

9 + 6 = 15

13 + 6 = 19
    dmg if hits, Result of the throw of dice "1d6 +5" :

6 + 5 = 11

He will use his move to eat anything he has killed, Dm's roll. Cant do that cuz he already moved. He will stand still.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:12 pm

alien  Renda flies at the nearest lively kobolds!  

J-7 shield uses his reaction to impose disadvantage on the first attack, which would normally need a reroll, but.... Renda destroys the Slinger with his CRIT on the second attack anyways.  

Attack 3 vs the shield is a miss
    Attack 4 vs shield is a hit, but he is still up

Slinger J-6 is left pink = source of food for Dark Blessing

the other 2 cower in fear

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

at 6
    Unfeathers takes to the air and circles overheard, "<sqwak>  hurry!  hurry!  the giants are moving <sqwak>  unfeathers, good bird, good bird <sqwak>"

at
    5 the Shaman holds his hands up and pleads with Hawkes in Draconic, "the We surrender, the We surrender!  call off the jungle wraith, please mighty Thunder.  Firetail would lash the We if the We not attack you.  Scary Long Legs kicks the We and steps on the We.  Help you, the We will, yes, if you kills the Scary Long Legs."

at 3
    the Fire Giants continue to advance towards the ship as nothing has distracted them.  they seem oblivious to Crispy's presence yet.  They are 18ft tall, but the dense forest is still difficult terrain for them.  They move and dash ahead 30ft crunching the vegetation beneath their massive armored boots.

Last edited by Chris on Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:16 pm

Maps updated

Under new management  - Page 3 Jungle13

Under new management  - Page 3 15422111

Chris wrote:Round 3

Crispy 23
    Hawkes 22  
    Slingers 18
    Sam 17  HIDDEN
    Spears 14
    Soothsayers 13
    Scout 12
    Shields 9

Sjon 7  
    Renda 6  
    Unfeathers 6
    Shaman 5  
    Fire Giants 3

top of round 3

Crispy is up
    Hawkes on deck
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:01 pm

Chris wrote:
    5 the Shaman holds his hands up and pleads with Hawkes in Draconic, "the We surrender, the We surrender!  call off the jungle wraith, please mighty Thunder.  Firetail would lash the We if the We not attack you.  Scary Long Legs kicks the We and steps on the We.  Help you, the We will, yes, if you kills the Scary Long Legs."

Play this right and we might have a crew of Kobold minions for our ship!
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:31 pm

Yarrr matey?

Under new management  - Page 3 Dadb1510
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:48 pm

"...it wasn't long before the savages began to shed their island ways, and after a few calls to port they began dressing in mimicry of the sea-faring folk they saw around them. Small affectations at first, but it quickly became an arms race among them - to the point of caricature, as they sought to outdo one another in displaying their grasp of fashion and other finer points of civilization."
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:58 pm

MAS wrote:"...it wasn't long before the savages began to shed their island ways, and after a few calls to port they began dressing in mimicry of the sea-faring folk they saw around them. Small affectations at first, but it quickly became an arms race among them - to the point of caricature, as they sought to outdo one another in displaying their grasp of fashion and other finer points of civilization."

cheers brilliant!

I guess it all depends on how your volcano island adventure goes pirat
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:54 am

Chris wrote:Maps updated

Under new management  - Page 3 Jungle13

Under new management  - Page 3 15422111

Crispy 23
    Hawkes 22  
    Slingers 18
    Sam 17  HIDDEN
    Spears 14
    Soothsayers 13
    Scout 12
    Shields 9

Sjon 7  
    Renda 6  
    Unfeathers 6
    Shaman 5  
    Fire Giants 3

top of round 3

Crispy is up
    Hawkes on deck

Crispy? coming up on 24hrs

Hawkes can go in 3 hrs and Crispy will be on delay status
    Whitey
    Whitey

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Whitey Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:51 pm

Can’t get to it until tonight. Go ahead Hawkes
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:04 pm

Whitey wrote:Can’t get to it until tonight. Go ahead Hawkes

no worries!

Hawkes is up
    Sam on deck
    Cripsy - anytime
    Whitey
    Whitey

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Whitey Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:48 pm

Pyriannix "Crispy"

HP: 59/59 (54/38)
    Sorcery Points (6/2)
    Spells:
    1st: (4/3)

Flight 60'/turn (10 minutes).

Ok, bear with me as I lay this out:

1. Crispy will maintain altitude and use his full 60' movement to fly to N-5.

2. He will use his action to throw his Bead of Force at the northerly giant, attempting to hit center mass, (18' tall)  thereby fully encapsulating him.
       Bead of Force
    You can use an action to throw the bead up to 60 feet. The bead explodes on impact and is destroyed. Each creature within a 10-foot radius of where the bead landed must succeed on a DC 15 Dexterity saving throw or take 5d4 force damage. A Sphere of transparent force then encloses the area for 1 minute. Any creature that failed the save and is completely within the area is trapped inside this Sphere. Creatures that succeeded on the save, or are partially within the area, are pushed away from the center of the Sphere until they are no longer inside it. Only breathable air can pass through the sphere's wall. No Attack or other effect can. An enclosed creature can use its action to push against the sphere's wall, moving the Sphere up to half the creature's walking speed. The Sphere can be picked up, and its magic causes it to weigh only 1 pound, regardless of the weight of creatures inside.  

Assuming this is an Athletics check to throw an object that isn't a weapon to a certain point:

15 + 6 = 21

3. Assuming that is a success. The Bead explodes. Damage:
    Result of the throw of dice "5d4" :

1 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 7 Hrrummph. Well, no bother.

4. Assuming the giant fails his save and is encapsulated. Crispy will spend 1 Ki point to execute Step of the Wind to take Dash as a bonus action. He will use 50' of the available 60' to fly to T-5 +0' and...

5. ...use his free interaction with an object to PICK UP THE ONE POUND SPHERE containing the giant, lift it over his head, and bound back into the air +5' and north to T-4 (Please confirm the southerly giant cannot reach this point to attack given he has only 15' of movement and 10'(?) reach).

So, lots of assumptions there. DM please let me know if I need to retcon anything if the assumptions don't hold up or if the giant makes his Dex save.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:35 am

"You must take back your Island.  My friends and I will help you. We will do the heavy lifting, but you must use your strength of stealth and strike from range."

"RENDA!  These warriors are now CLAN!  EAT THE GIANTS!"

"Sjon, let's attend to the Sea god's wooden duck."

"Pretty bird IS a good bird. Watch for the firetail and warn us."

Hawkes will follow in Sam's footsteps once he is satisfied that Renda has stopped eating kobolds.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:52 pm

Whitey wrote:Pyriannix "Crispy"

Ok, bear with me as I lay this out:

1. Crispy will maintain altitude and use his full 60' movement to fly to N-5.

2. He will use his action to throw his Bead of Force at the northerly giant, attempting to hit center mass, (18' tall)  thereby fully encapsulating him.
       Bead of Force
    You can use an action to throw the bead up to 60 feet. The bead explodes on impact and is destroyed. Each creature within a 10-foot radius of where the bead landed must succeed on a DC 15 Dexterity saving throw or take 5d4 force damage. A Sphere of transparent force then encloses the area for 1 minute. Any creature that failed the save and is completely within the area is trapped inside this Sphere. Creatures that succeeded on the save, or are partially within the area, are pushed away from the center of the Sphere until they are no longer inside it. Only breathable air can pass through the sphere's wall. No Attack or other effect can. An enclosed creature can use its action to push against the sphere's wall, moving the Sphere up to half the creature's walking speed. The Sphere can be picked up, and its magic causes it to weigh only 1 pound, regardless of the weight of creatures inside.  

Assuming this is an Athletics check to throw an object that isn't a weapon to a certain point:

15 + 6 = 21

3. Assuming that is a success. The Bead explodes. Damage:
    Result of the throw of dice "5d4" :

1 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 7 Hrrummph. Well, no bother.

4. Assuming the giant fails his save and is encapsulated. Crispy will spend 1 Ki point to execute Step of the Wind to take Dash as a bonus action. He will use 50' of the available 60' to fly to T-5 +0' and...

5. ...use his free interaction with an object to PICK UP THE ONE POUND SPHERE containing the giant, lift it over his head, and bound back into the air +5' and north to T-4 (Please confirm the southerly giant cannot reach this point to attack given he has only 15' of movement and 10'(?) reach).

So, lots of assumptions there. DM please let me know if I need to retcon anything if the assumptions don't hold up or if the giant makes his Dex save.

Nice plan! cheers

1 ok
    2 ok
    3 ok
    4 - Fire Giant fails his save and is encapsulated

5 - ok, but.... I think the other giant can reach Crispy at T-4. if you look at the map, there are 2 spaces that are clear of trees in between, so not all of it is difficult terrain for him. also, he can throw things
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:03 pm

navyik wrote:"You must take back your Island.  My friends and I will help you. We will do the heavy lifting, but you must use your strength of stealth and strike from range."

"RENDA!  These warriors are now CLAN!  EAT THE GIANTS!"

"Sjon, let's attend to the Sea god's wooden duck."

"Pretty bird IS a good bird.  Watch for the firetail and warn us."

Hawkes will follow in Sam's footsteps once he is satisfied that Renda has stopped eating kobolds.

Crispy 23
    Hawkes 22  
    Slingers 18
    Sam 17  HIDDEN
    Spears 14
    Soothsayers 13
    Scout 12
    Shields 9

Sjon 7  
    Renda 6  
    Unfeathers 6
    Shaman 5  
    Fire Giants 3

assuming Crispy keeps his action

at 18, the Slingers cry out, "Yarrr!   for the Thunder God and Cha Ra Ma Na Oh Na Ha Na!  Kill the Scary Long Legs!"
    They charge towards the Jungle map

Under new management  - Page 3 Hot_sp24

Under new management  - Page 3 Jungle14

Sam is up
    Whitey
    Whitey

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Whitey Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:16 pm

Would you concede that since the Force bubble is easily picked up, Crispy could position it in such a way that he could place it between himself and the other giant, providing some measure of cover? All else would stay the same.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:21 pm

Whitey wrote:Would you concede that since the Force bubble is easily picked up, Crispy could position it in such a way that he could place it between himself and the other giant, providing some measure of cover? All else would stay the same.

absolutely!

given its size, Crispy would have full cover (and then some) from what amounts to a massive beach ball with a weightless giant inside

cheers bubble block ftw. fantastic creativity!

I will fix the map after Josh takes his move
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:58 pm

Sam will take out his pocket nuclear warhead and vaporize the other giant...

No? lol

I'll take Sam's turn later today when I have time. Been an interviewing fool all day today and it's not quite over yet
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:21 pm

Under new management  - Page 3 15424010
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:15 am

Sam can't do much but try to keep pace with the giants at this point, or at least catch up.

Double move (still invisible). Tell me if he needs to make any rolls along the way.

bonus action: cast Misty Step

I think that puts Sam at Rrrrrr - 10.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:28 pm

Sam runs and teleports to R-10 Jungle Map, still invisible

the remaining Spears and Shields change to blue and begin hustling towards the beach

study I seem to have left my zip drive at the office, so I don't have the maps at home, sorry.  I will adjust Monday AM

Crispy 23
    Hawkes 22  
    Slingers 18
    Sam 17  HIDDEN
    Spears 14
    Soothsayers 13
    Scout 12
    Shields 9

Sjon 7  
    Renda 6  
    Unfeathers 6
    Shaman 5
    Fire Giants 3

Sjon is up
    Renda on deck
    Josef909
    Josef909

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Josef909 Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:32 pm

I think we can handle Sjons move sans-map. He will use his full movement plus dash to head towards the beach with everyone else. Giant scorpion movement is 40', so I suppose 80' by path of least resistance.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:59 pm

Under new management  - Page 3 Hot-springs

Under new management  - Page 3 JUNGLE-fight

Crispy 23
    Hawkes 22
    Slingers 18
    Sam 17 HIDDEN
    Spears 14
    Soothsayers 13
    Scout 12
    Shields 9

Sjon 7
    Renda 6
    Unfeathers 6
    Shaman 5
    Fire Giants 3

Renda is up
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:00 pm

Renda uses his bonus action to eat the adjacent kobold at J/6 for Elyss-yss' Blessing (like Dark One's Blessing from Warlock)

Whenever Renda reduces an enemy to 0 HP AND stops to eat it (bonus or move action) Renda gains 1d10+ 2(WIS) temporary HP.

He then DASHES towards the giants with remaining attack and move - 90 ft in a "smart path", please.

Done and done.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:25 pm

Elyss-yss smiles upon Renda

Result of the throw of dice "1d10 +2" :

4 + 2 = 6

Renda hustles to G-6 on Jungle map

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

at 6, Unfeathers flies over near Hawkes
    at 5, Shaman advances to L-15, flanked by 2 kobolds for his protection

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

at 3, Fire Giants are up

The enclosed Fire Giant can't really swing his greatsword inside the sphere, so he punches it as hard as he can.  He curses in Giant, "STUFGAR!"  (bullshit).  He notices the small draconian holding the sphere.  Though he doesn't understand how the draconian can lift his weight, he decides to test him.  The giant pushes against the inside of the ball in an attempt to roll over Crispy (still assuming he has mass).

An enclosed creature can use its action to push
    against the sphere's wall, moving the sphere up to half
    the creature's walking speed. The sphere can be picked
    up, and its magic causes it to weigh only 1 pound,
    regardless of the weight of creatures inside.

Giant will move the sphere 15ft (half speed).  Crispy can let go, if he has a Reaction.  If he holds on, he will go for a ride up and over as the sphere turns and take 1/2 the usual amount of bludgeoning damage as he slams into the ground when the sphere rolls over.  

normally it would be 2d6 to fall 20ft, so half damage

Result of the throw of dice "1d6" :

unless he can let go.  I don't think he would get a Dex save for half, since he is attached to the sphere

The free Giant laughs at his companion and taunts him Giant, "Tectac!"  (testicle).  He notices Renda moving up fast from his six.  He uproots a tree and hurls it like a spear at the Lizardman (hurl rock ability, 4d10+7)

Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +11" :

20 + 11 = 31

CRIT!   affraid

Result of the throw of dice "8d10 +7" :

9 + 8 + 1 + 2 + 4 + 10 + 4 + 8 + 7 = 53  bludgeoning to Renda

He then resumes his path towards the ship at half speed due to terrain

Under new management  - Page 3 Hot-springs

Under new management  - Page 3 JUNGLE-fight

Under new management  - Page 3 BEACH-fight

Chris wrote:Round 4

Crispy 23
    Hawkes 22  
    Slingers 18
    Sam 17  HIDDEN
    Spears 14
    Soothsayers 13
    Scout 12
    Shields 9

Sjon 7  
    Renda 6  
    Unfeathers 6
    Shaman 5
    Fire Giants 3

Any reactions from Renda or Crispy?

Round 4!

Crispy is up
    Hawkes on deck
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:05 pm

Renda' Mon
    Current Init: 6
    HP: 92/102
    Rages daily: 2/3
    SPD: 45
    AC: 18
    Prof: +4
    Ki pool: 6/6

HIDDEN
    Advantage on DEX saves vs things he can see.
    Unarmed attacks ignore resistance and immunity to nonmagical attacks and damage.
    Add 1d6+1 necrotic to weapon attack dmg on the first hit of the round.  
    Condition; RAGED; +2 strength-based melee attack dmg, resistance vs slash, pierce, bludge
    ADVANTAGE ON STR BASED ATTACKS FOR THIS ROUND.
    ENEMIES HAVE ADVANTAGE ON ATTACKS AGAINST HIM THIS ROUND
    Venomblood Ring, Grants resistance to poison damage, Once per day, grant yourself advantage on a Wisdom saving throw.
    x1 Fire giant strength potion, Strength score changes to 25 for 1 hour. Unused.
    Kracken dagger.
    Handaxe +6/ 1d6+2/+4 raged S
    Unarmed +7/ 1d6+3/+5 raged B
    Bite +6/  1d6+3/+5 raged P
    Standard round max dmg, 3 bite attacks, 4d6 +21
    Flurry of blows round max dmg, 4 bite attacks, 5d6 +26
    Renda speaks Draconic, as per Lizardfolk racial

6 temp HP pushes Renda up to 118/102 HP before being hit.
    Renda has "resistance vs bludgeoning" from raging, which halves the dmg.
    27 dmg gets through resistance.
    118-27 = 91/102 HP

Renda snarls a roaring, hissing, wordless challenge. All pain is hunger, and Renda seems even more mindlessly focused on feeding now...
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:19 pm

MAS wrote:

118-27 = 91/102 HP

nice defense!
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:36 pm

Chris wrote:
    MAS wrote:

118-27 = 91/102 HP

nice defense!
    Damn lucky too, that was an ugly hit! Approx 80% dmg mitigation including magic item effects (temp HP). Otherwise, that hit would have cut my HP total in half in a single blow - OUCH!
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:42 pm

MAS wrote:

nice defense!
    Damn lucky too, that was an ugly hit! Approx 80% dmg mitigation including magic item effects (temp HP). Otherwise, that hit would have cut my HP total in half in a single blow - OUCH! [/quote]

5e has the best mitigation\reaction system of any previous version. That is one of my favorite aspects. Radiance had a bit of it, but not nearly as developed as 5e
    Whitey
    Whitey

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Whitey Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:25 am

Pyriannix "Crispy"

HP: 59/59 (54/33)
    Sorcery Points (6/2)
    Spells:
    1st: (4/3)

Flight 60'/turn (10 minutes)

Crispy looks into the Giant’s eyes and growls in Draconic, “Sia shartleg, Tectac”. (My turn, testicle). He lifts the bubble over his head and bounds into the sky, using Dash and his full movement to climb straight up to 120’.

Note: Nothing in the force bead’s description indicates the creature inside would be insulated from falling damage.

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:19 am

Whitey wrote:
    Crispy looks into the Giant’s eyes and growls in Draconic, “Sia shartleg, Tectac”. (My turn, testicle). He lifts the bubble over his head and bounds into the sky, using Dash and his full movement to climb straight up to 120’.

Note: Nothing in the force bead’s description indicates the creature inside would be insulated from falling damage.

affraid

Hawkes is up
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:42 am

I'll be in IL for the next few days. I'll have to take Sam's turn on Saturday

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 6:20 am