Dropbox - http://www.dropbox.com/

Open Office - http://www.openoffice.org/

4 posters

Revolution Calling

whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Revolution Calling - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue19/19Revolution Calling - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    Revolution Calling - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue1/0Revolution Calling - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Revolution Calling - Page 3 Empty Re: Revolution Calling

Post  whit10 Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:39 am

Jeaupear can hear the reverand talking to someone...

"ride hard and tell them not to come this way, tell them they are about to be ambushed."
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Revolution Calling - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue68/68Revolution Calling - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Revolution Calling - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/0Revolution Calling - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:52 am

Jeaupear will peek for a look at the person to whom the reverend is speaking.
    Stealth
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +6" :

12 + 6 = 18

Does the visitor appear to have a horse at the ready nearby?
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Revolution Calling - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue19/19Revolution Calling - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    Revolution Calling - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue1/0Revolution Calling - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Mon Nov 27, 2023 1:30 pm

the reverand is speaking to a teenaged boy... there is a horse tethered at the back of the church
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Revolution Calling - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue68/68Revolution Calling - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Revolution Calling - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/0Revolution Calling - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Mon Nov 27, 2023 4:41 pm

Jeaupear will unbuckle the horse’s saddle strap but leave it in the loop. If he can wave over someone from the meeting last night he will do so with a finger to his lips.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Mon Nov 27, 2023 7:34 pm

Croxton happens to see you.... he wanders over as the boy comes out.

The boy looks quite startled to see you. Assuming you tell Croxton about what is going on, he looks very sternly at the boy. "Ben Cook, you are in a LOT of trouble. Go home and stay out of men's business." The boy runs away top speed as the reverand emerges. Croxton looks at him, fixes him with a stare and snarles rather lowly "reverand, if you want to join the British, then leave. If you stay, fine. But I'm going to have people watching you.

For now, I'll have two men watching the church until this business is finished. Stay there and do not cause us any trouble!"

We are going to move on to the ambush, is there anything else the party wants to do before that?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Revolution Calling - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue35/35Revolution Calling - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Nov 27, 2023 7:51 pm

whit10 wrote:

We are going to move on to the ambush, is there anything else the party wants to do before that?

Pray

Coffin kneels near his makeshift log gun and clasps his hands. Afterwards, he looks at the small locket with a drawing of his deceased wife. "See you soon, my dear."
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:39 pm

Are Jeaupear and King ready? (just making sure before I commence the ambush)
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:36 pm

All set.
    Whitey
    Whitey

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Revolution Calling - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue30/30Revolution Calling - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (30/30)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Whitey Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:17 am

King loads his carbine and pistol, loosens his knife I. Its scabbard and lies quietly in wait by the bridge.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:25 am

Please give me a position then - the British have not actually arrived yet (ignore the tokens), that's just for representation for when you all act. That's assuming I read through all of the preparations right:

The skiff and canoes are concealed down by the river

Alarm on the bridge

A grenade against the carriage at the right time?

Coffin is using a gambit for a cannon, at which time the volunteers come out, he does another gambit (yes Chris, that is how we should handle it)

The skiff and canoes are concealed down by the river

You hopefully mop up....

Revolution Calling - Page 3 Bridge12

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Revolution Calling - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue35/35Revolution Calling - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:37 am

Coffin - off the map line 9 behind the first tree stump or whatever he can setup the log gun on practically.
    Whitey
    Whitey

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Revolution Calling - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue30/30Revolution Calling - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (30/30)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Whitey Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:28 pm

Whitey wrote:King will communicate the position of the skiff under the bridge and the two canoes camouflaged along the shore (N-10,11,12 respectively).

He’ll use his Alarm gambit to set the ambush trigger on the bridge (audible alarm):

He’ll position himself for the ambush at O-8, doing his best troll-under-the bridge impression.

Stealth:
    Sat Nov 25 2023 10:33:35 GMT-0700 (Mountain Standard Time)
    Rolling line 1 : 1d20 + 10 to total : 15, + 10, TOTAL: 25
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:28 pm

sorry, missed that you had posted a position.

Ok, just need Jeaupear and it will begin
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:38 pm

Jeaupear is at N-10 ready to toss a grenade under the wagon wheel.
    Upon the approach of the column he uses the fog of war gambit.

Fog of War 1st-level illusion Casting Time: 1 bonus action Range: Self Components: S Duration: Concentration, up to 10 minutes Ducking out of view, you vanish from sight. For the duration, you become heavily obscured as long as you remain behind cover and all Wisdom (Perception) checks made to detect your presence are made with disadvantage. If you make an attack, cast a gambit, or move more than half your speed in a round, this gambit immediately ends.

A heavily obscured area—such as darkness, opaque fog, or dense foliage—blocks vision entirely. A creature effectively suffers from the blinded condition (see Conditions ) when trying to see something in that area.

Stealth

7 + 6 = 13
    Perception made at disadvantage.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:05 pm

ok, here we go....

Perception checks on Jeaupear: (the officer is mounted alongside the column and wagon) the officer and front 4 get checks

Disadvantage;

Ofc.:

Tue Nov 28 2023 15:48:05 GMT-0700 (Mountain Standard Time)
    Rolling line 1 : 1d20 + 3 to total : 5, + 3, TOTAL: 8

Tue Nov 28 2023 15:48:04 GMT-0700 (Mountain Standard Time)
    Rolling line 1 : 1d20 + 3 to total : 11, + 3, TOTAL: 14

you lucky bastard... lol

Soldiers:

I won't post it here... they all failed (nice ability there with the disadvantage!)

The column continues to move in your direction. All of the redcoats are Surprised.

(GM's note: as usual, the rules for surprise in 5E kinda suck. It's a condition, not a round or anything like that. They are considered surprised.)

If I'm understanding things correctly, Jeaupear is going to start things.

Map is current: if you hold until they are on or right at the bridge, that will be one more round, essentially)

Revolution Calling - Page 3 Bridge13

navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:16 pm

Right when hoofbeats ring on the bridge.  I believe we were going on the alarm signal.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:51 pm

"DING"

alarm goes off

Revolution Calling - Page 3 Bridge14
    Whitey
    Whitey

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Whitey Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:21 pm

Mr GM, I know King didn’t state a location for the alarm, but he did state his intent to lure the Brits on to the bridge before springing the trap. Any chance to retcon that?
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:11 am

we can play a little loose at first for this. Yes, I will retcon this one time.

So, is Jeaupear going to be somewhere else? He's right in the middle of the bridge.... (at least I believe that's where he wanted to be placed)
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:04 pm

Jeaupear is UNDER the bridge. If he can’t be under it there then he can be crouched in the riverbank at O-11
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:35 pm

ah, ok. No worries about his placement.

Ok, let's just ignore that last exchange. They still can't see Jeaupear.

The alarm goes off. The wagon and 4 troops are on the bridge and the rest of the troops (including the officer) are staying behind it until the carriage clears the bridge.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:36 pm

Coffin watches the parade patiently, "A little closer...." he thinks to himself, "just a little more...."  It reminds him of whaling at sea as the anticipation of the kill plays havoc on a man's nerves.  A tune that he would sing to calm himself while manning the harpoon gun comes to mind.  He hums it quietly.

I am on the Downeaster Alexa
    More and more miles from shore every year
    Tell my wife I am trolling Atlantis
    for there's no luck in swordfishing here

yaaa yoh, ya ya yah, yaaa yoh

I am a bayman like my father was before
    Can't make a living as a bayman anymore
    They say these waters aren't what they used to be
    But I got people back on land who count on me

whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:44 pm

Chris wrote:Coffin watches the parade patiently, "A little closer...." he thinks to himself, "just a little more...."  It reminds him of whaling at sea as the anticipation of the kill plays havoc on a man's nerves.  A tune that he would sing to calm himself while manning the harpoon gun comes to mind.  He hums it quietly.

I am on the Downeaster Alexa
    More and more miles from shore every year
    Tell my wife I am trolling Atlantis
    for there's no luck in swordfishing here

I am a bayman like my father was before
    Can't make a living as a bayman anymore
    They say these waters aren't what they used to be
    But I got people back on land who count on me

cheers
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:04 pm

Current map as the alarm goes off

Revolution Calling - Page 3 Bridge15

I set Jeaupear off to the side (even though he's under the bridge)
    Whitey
    Whitey

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Whitey Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:36 pm

King will remain hidden until Coffin’s Irregulars let fly their volley. His carbine is aimed at the closest Brit to his position.

Initiative?

Wed Nov 29 2023 17:40:32 GMT-0700 (Mountain Standard Time)
    Rolling line 1 : 1d20 + 3 to total : 9, + 3, TOTAL: 12
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:28 pm

dammit, yes, Initiative. Forgot to post that.

Although I believe the plan was to wait for the grenade first?
    Whitey
    Whitey

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Whitey Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:44 am

Surprise round for volley and grenade?
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:31 am

Jeaupear

Initiative
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +4" :

15 + 4 = 19
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:49 am

Coffin's initiative

Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +2" :

6 + 2 = 8
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:14 am

my understanding was that the volley was going to come after the initial attack.... that's what was posted in the planning conversation though.

Yes, surprise round.

Go ahead Jeaupear, then King can go. The plan was for Coffin to then engage and the volley would follow (unless I read that completely wrong)
    Whitey
    Whitey

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Whitey Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:42 am

Mr. GM, this is where we left it:

Chris wrote:
    Whitey wrote:“duration: 8 hours, until disrupted or triggered”

The Alarm bell King set could be the trigger…

Sounds good!

So, Order Volley is triggered by the alarm bell, then Surprise Round?
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:31 pm

Chris, can you help me out here? Wasn't the volley going to happen after Coffin used his make-shift cannon?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:31 pm

Whitey wrote:Mr. GM, this is where we left it:

Chris wrote:
    Whitey wrote:“duration: 8 hours, until disrupted or triggered”

The Alarm bell King set could be the trigger…

Sounds good!

So, Order Volley is triggered by the alarm bell, then Surprise Round?

That is where I thought we left it too.  Sorry for any confusion.

Are we ready for the volley?

if so, here is the relevant Gambit text

Each creature in the area of effect
    of the volley must make a Dexterity saving throw, taking
    4d6 damage on a failed save, or half as much damage
    on a successful one. If you choose bows, the volley
    does piercing damage in a 30-foot radius. If you choose
    muskets, the volley does ballistic damage in a 20-foot
    wide line 100 feet long—the line must begin behind cover
    or some other obscuring terrain.

I would imagine that hits either the top 5 or the bottom 6 depending on which way they aim.  I assume the 100 ft long is starting at their position with a 20ft wide path. I would target the 6 on the bottom, but since I didn't specify, I leave that up to GM judgement as to the best straight line without losing any targets due to angles or without endangering King or JP. Either cluster is fine, really.

damage

Result of the throw of dice "4d6" :

5 + 6 + 3 + 2 = 16

save DC = 16
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Nov 30, 2023 1:25 pm

ok, the volley goes off as the volunteers emerge from the trees

the volley targets the bottom six

six saves vs DC 16

Thu Nov 30 2023 10:23:40 GMT-0700 (Mountain Standard Time)
    Rolling line 1 : 1d20 + 1 to total : 14, + 1, TOTAL: 15

Thu Nov 30 2023 10:23:39 GMT-0700 (Mountain Standard Time)
    Rolling line 1 : 1d20 + 1 to total : 10, + 1, TOTAL: 11

Thu Nov 30 2023 10:23:37 GMT-0700 (Mountain Standard Time)
    Rolling line 1 : 1d20 + 1 to total : 9, + 1, TOTAL: 10

Thu Nov 30 2023 10:23:35 GMT-0700 (Mountain Standard Time)
    Rolling line 1 : 1d20 + 1 to total : 13, + 1, TOTAL: 14

Thu Nov 30 2023 10:23:34 GMT-0700 (Mountain Standard Time)
    Rolling line 1 : 1d20 + 1 to total : 17, + 1, TOTAL: 18

Thu Nov 30 2023 10:23:33 GMT-0700 (Mountain Standard Time)
    Rolling line 1 : 1d20 + 1 to total : 5, + 1, TOTAL: 6

oh dear, well.... good friggin job volunteers and use of a Gambit!!

5 go down dead, one is still alive and trying to figure out what happened to him. The officer screams out "ambush, defend the carriage"

I believe that Jeaupear is now up...
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Thu Nov 30, 2023 2:33 pm

Jeaupear De Chandeau

HP 45 / 45
    AC 17
    Move 30

Dark vision
    Initiative 19

Jopah attacks with the grenade, rolling it roughly to O-10 targeting the carriage wheel. He then takes cover under the bridge.

Gimme a second to find the information.

Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +4" :

5 + 4 = 9

The grenade misses. According to the rules it’s a dud and bounces harmlessly away. 😤
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:19 pm

yep, the grenade does nothing.

Mr. King may go
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:39 pm

navyik wrote:

The grenade misses. According to the rules it’s a dud and bounces harmlessly away. 😤

Evil or Very Mad you had 1 job, Frenchie....
    Whitey
    Whitey

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Whitey Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:13 pm

King will attempt to dispatch the remaining member of the rear guard. He will fire his carbine:

Thu Nov 30 2023 16:08:04 GMT-0700 (Mountain Standard Time)
    Rolling line 1 : 1d20 + 8 to total : 14, + 8, TOTAL: 22

Assuming that hits. Damage:
    Thu Nov 30 2023 16:09:51 GMT-0700 (Mountain Standard Time)
    Rolling line 1 : 2d10 + 0 to total : 3, 9, TOTAL: 12

I’ll declare King’s movement pending results of the attack…

whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:16 pm

The sixth member of the rear guard, already wounded and bewildered... drops dead with King's pinpoint shot.

Remaining actions?
    Whitey
    Whitey

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Whitey Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:47 pm

King will drop his carbine on the bank and move around the bridge abutment to.Q-9, taking cover behind the wagon. If he is able, he’ll grab one of the fallen soldiers’ rifles. Assuming it is loaded?

King is done with Surprise Round
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:44 pm

the guy you just shot had a loaded musket. I will place you there.

Updated Map

Revolution Calling - Page 3 Bridge16

Captain Coffin may go.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:39 am

Coffin sights up the wagon since Frenchie didn't disable it.

GM - I am not really sure how cannons work, so I am will c\p the rules as I understand them but please help if you read it otherwise

pgs 58-59 for reference

**NOTE - Coffin uses CHA since its a Gambit and not real **

In order to fire an artillery piece, the gunner must select
    a target or a target point as determined by the loaded
    ordnance and make an artillery attack roll.

When a creature acts as a gunner, it uses its Intelligence
    modifier to make artillery attacks and to set the saving
    throw DC for ordnance effects. The gunner can add its
    proficiency bonus to artillery attacks and save DCs only
    if it is proficient. A character proficient with martial
    weapons is proficient with artillery.

Artillery attack modifier = proficiency bonus (if any) +
    gunner's Intelligence modifier
    Artillery save DC = 8 + proficiency bonus (if any) +
    gunner's Intelligence modifier

Coffin declares the wagon as the target.

An artillery attack targets either a single creature, object, vehicle, or
    target point, depending on the ordnance used.
    Ordnance with an area of effect must successfully hit
    a target point to be effective. A target point has an AC of
    10 and gains the benefit of cover as usual, increasing to
    an AC of 12
    if the point is behind half cover, or 15 if it
    is behind three-quarters cover.

On a hit, each creature in the area of effect must make
    a Dexterity saving throw (a vehicle or object must make a
    Constitution saving throw instead). Targets within the area
    take the artillery piece's damage on a failed save, or half as
    much damage on a successful one. On a miss the ordnance
    is ineffective, but at the GM's discretion may have a minor
    impact on the scene.

Ordnance fired in a line or cone continues in its path until
    it reaches its target point, unless it strikes a solid barrier such
    as a fortification, vehicle, or other protective terrain that it
    cannot penetrate. Small walls, picket fences, underbrush,
    or loose vegetation may provide a cover bonus to creatures,
    but are insufficient to block the path of the ordnance.

Here is the Gambit rules again

Makeshift Cannon
    Small Cannon (2-pound gun) — 50 lb.
    Armor Class: 13 (pine)
    Hit Points: 25 (damage threshold 5)
    Maximum Crew: 4
    Damage: 6d6 ballistic
    Misfire Score: 6
    Range: 75/300 feet
    Damage Immunities: poison, psychic
    Available Ordnance: round shot (£ 1, 10s), wadded shot (£ 2)

Round Shot (5-foot-wide line). Standard artillery
    ordnance, an iron cannonball. This shot fires as a line that
    is 5 feet wide for a length
    equal to ⅔ the piece's range,
    centered on the muzzle. Targets at long range have
    advantage on their saving throws.

8 + 6 = 14

Ok, so as I read this.... Coffin was in line 9.  He targeted the wagon (AC 10 or maybe 12 if the guys count as partial cover) so everything in a 5ft wide line gets hit by the cannonball.  That should be the officer, 2 grunts and then the wagon?

damage
    Result of the throw of dice "6d6" :

6 + 2 + 2 + 5 + 3 + 4 = 22

They get a dex save for the guys and con save for the wagon at DC 14

That is Coffin's Action.   He will move to B-8 behind the stump and crouch\drop prone (whatever you say is appropriate) behind the C-8 stump.

Let me know if you think some\all of that is wrong and if I need to roll something differently lol!
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Dec 01, 2023 1:58 pm

I think that's all ok but I will dig into it and post later today. Just a rather busy day
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:26 pm

I did the rolls for the Ofc and wagon, that was enough damage to kill the two soldiers.

THe officer is wounded and his horse drops; but he is still alive.

The carriage is badly damaged and one wheel came off as well as considerable cosmetic damage.

Surprise round is over. Here is an updated map.

Revolution Calling - Page 3 Bridge17

Initiative order:

Jeaupear - 19
    Officer - 13
    King - 12
    remaining soldiers - 10
    Coffin - 8
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:36 pm

Does the driver of the carriage appear to be a combatant? Do there appear to be passengers?
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:48 pm

no and yes, respectively. There is a "shotgun" position. Both appear to be alive
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Sat Dec 02, 2023 12:05 am

Jeaupear De Chandeau

HP 45 / 45
    AC 17
    Move 30

Dark vision
    Initiative 19

Jeaupear hops the creek and moves to I-13 and crouches behind the stump. He aims his musket at one of the soldiers still standing and fires.

Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +7" :

3 + 7 = 10

“Whore of shit!”
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sat Dec 02, 2023 12:08 pm

oh dear... well, you had to play a Frenchman in a campaign I'm running. You were bound to be cursed. Twisted Evil

Unless Jeaupear has any bonus actions left....

The officer sees the shot, pulls two pistols out and tries to shoot the unlucky Frenchman.

Sat Dec 02 2023 09:03:56 GMT-0700 (Mountain Standard Time)
    Rolling line 1 : 1d20 + 5 to total : 4, + 5, TOTAL: 9

Sat Dec 02 2023 09:03:55 GMT-0700 (Mountain Standard Time)
    Rolling line 1 : 1d20 + 5 to total : 19, + 5, TOTAL: 24

One miss, one near crit (but still normal damage)

Sat Dec 02 2023 09:05:03 GMT-0700 (Mountain Standard Time)
    Rolling line 1 : 2d8 + 3 to total : 5, 5, + 3, TOTAL: 13

13 piercing damage to Jeaupear. The officer is done.

Revolution Calling - Page 3 Bridge18

Mr. King is up.
    Whitey
    Whitey

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Whitey Sat Dec 02, 2023 6:29 pm

King will raise the fallen soldier’s musket and fire at the officer.

Sat Dec 02 2023 15:27:42 GMT-0700 (Mountain Standard Time)
    Rolling line 1 : 1d20 + 8 to total : 3, + 8, TOTAL: 11

Oof. Guessing that’s a miss?

He’ll drop the musket, slide to Q-9 and take cover behind the disabled wagon. He’ll draw his pistol and be finished.

whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:38 pm

yep, that's a miss.

The two remaining foot soldiers shoot at Jeaupear, since he's the most immediate threat

They have this ability:

Regimented. The footman cannot score a critical hit. The footman
    has advantage on attack rolls if an ally with the Regimented
    trait is within 5 feet and isn't incapacitated.

Two shots at advantage:

we hadn't actually discussed the cover provided by the tree stumps. We'll call them 3/4 cover so, +5 to AC

Sat Dec 02 2023 17:36:55 GMT-0700 (Mountain Standard Time)
    Rolling line 1 : 1d20 + 3 to total : 17, + 3, TOTAL: 20

Sat Dec 02 2023 17:36:54 GMT-0700 (Mountain Standard Time)
    Rolling line 1 : 1d20 + 3 to total : 3, + 3, TOTAL: 6

Sat Dec 02 2023 17:36:27 GMT-0700 (Mountain Standard Time)
    Rolling line 1 : 1d20 + 3 to total : 9, + 3, TOTAL: 12

Sat Dec 02 2023 17:36:26 GMT-0700 (Mountain Standard Time)
    Rolling line 1 : 1d20 + 3 to total : 10, + 3, TOTAL: 13

cover saves Jeaupear. No hits.

each reloads (as does the officer, forgot to post that earlier)

Coffin is up!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 6:49 am