Dropbox - http://www.dropbox.com/

Open Office - http://www.openoffice.org/

3 posters

"Once Upon A Time In the Weird West"

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    "Once Upon A Time In the Weird West" - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue35/35"Once Upon A Time In the Weird West" - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    "Once Upon A Time In the Weird West" - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0"Once Upon A Time In the Weird West" - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

"Once Upon A Time In the Weird West" - Page 2 Empty Re: "Once Upon A Time In the Weird West"

Post  Chris Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:17 am

Does Auren know the layout of the Velvet Palace? If so he will head for the up-stairs, if not he will just move to the next adjacent room and reassess.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    "Once Upon A Time In the Weird West" - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0"Once Upon A Time In the Weird West" - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

"Once Upon A Time In the Weird West" - Page 2 Empty Re: "Once Upon A Time In the Weird West"

Post  Robyo Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:36 am

Is Auren a regular client? Even if he is not, I would expect that as town marshal, he would possess at least a cursory knowledge of the layout of most landmarks in Pestilence.

Auren exits the backstage area and locates the lobby connecting the saloon with the hotel. In his haste, he notices there are still some folks hanging around in the saloon and cleaning up after the earlier battle.

The marshal finds the stairwell and heads up to the third floor.

In the hall way, he once again encounters Clarissa, and she appears distraught. "Come quick marshal! He's holding poor Sally hostage. They're holed up in room #303." She leads Auren down the striking blue and green carpeted hallway with red-striped velvet wallpaper.

As you approach the locked hotel room, in a hush, she explains further, "Zeke and his boys have been coming around for a few months now. They're cowpokes working for Bossman Biggs ranch. They usually show up after a few weeks out on the trail. Them boys is rude, but they always paid real good. Anyhow, ain't never been trouble like this before."

She sighs, then adds, "Lately, Zeke's seemed to taken a shine to Sally. She's the only girl he visits anymore. But marshal, Sally told me that she loves another man, Langdon Ward from up yonder past Deer's Creek. Sally says she's planning on retiring from the business and her and Langdon want to move to Seattle. I think maybe Zeke just recently found out about Langdon and now he and his cohorts are raising Cain. Then she pauses, and a horrified look comes into her eyes. "What WAS that thing down in the saloon marshal? I thought it was Frank, but when you killed him, he turned into that foul creature!"
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    "Once Upon A Time In the Weird West" - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue35/35"Once Upon A Time In the Weird West" - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:06 pm

Auren is not a client, but I assumed he has had numerous police contacts with the employees and their customers, given the nature of the business.

**before I commit to the actions below.... what kind of a roll am I looking at for kicking in the door?

The Marshall listens to Clarrissa as they move towards #303, "thanks, we'll talk more later. Now get downstairs, go across the street and sit with Sally's daughter - my dog should be with her on the porch. I'll handle Zeke."

The Marshall will stand to one side of the door and bang on it with his armored gauntlet, "Zeke, this is your last chance to drop your rifle and surrender. You have shot a deputy and taken a hostage - you will leaving the Velvet Palace in a box along with Frank, Lou and the guy out back unless you comply. I don't want to kill you, Zeke.... especially over a woman. I need information about Frank and I am willing to be reasonable."
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:40 pm

In response to Auren's announcement, Zeke blasts a hole through the door, but the marshal is safely standing to one side of the door. Then he yells, "Don't give me no trouble! I said it before, let us go, or the woman suffers!"

Auren can hear Sally make a muffled whimper in reply.

For kicking in the door, try a strength or athletics check.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:04 pm

"I have to get in there fast, before he can hurt the woman" Auren thinks to himself. Without hesitation, the Marshall shifts 5ft so he faces the door and attempts kick it open.

(minus the Kate Russell part)

[url=[Only admins are allowed to see this link]][/url]

Athletics check - standard action
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +10" :

14 + 10 = 24

I need to see if that worked or not before he uses his move action.

Perception check for what he sees at quick glance if the door opens
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +7" :

7 + 7 = 14

Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:55 pm

Shift is a move action that doesn't allow for AoO. I won't penalize you for positioning in front of the door. It's part of "kicking-down-the-door" as a standard action. Auren kicks in the door with ease.

[img][Only admins are allowed to see this link][/img]

His quick view of the scene reveals...

~Zeke is standing between the bed and bearskin rug: C-2

~There is a table in the corner (E-1) with some messy dinnerware. A chair sits next to it.

What he doesn't see...

~A bureau in corner: A-4

~Sally gagged and tied to a chair: E-4

[img][Only admins are allowed to see this link][/img]

Auren still has a move and swift actions, if he chooses.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:43 am

Auren will offer a Swift prayer to Paledine, "Dragonlord, I know Sally is in here somewhere, help your servant protect her!"

Spend 1 faith point for Paledine's lesser boon: Action Surge

Auren will Charge at Zeke and make a Rapid Attack (-2)

1st swing vs Fort

6 + 7 = 13
    if that hits
    Result of the throw of dice "2d6 +21" :

6 + 5 + 21 = 32

2nd swing vs Fort

16 + 7 = 23
    if that hits

Result of the throw of dice "2d6 +16" :

6 + 2 + 16 = 24
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:30 pm

Auren's prayer ignites a flash in his third eye. A vision follows of Palendine sitting on a golden throne. All around shines the radiant light of eternal bliss. The Dragon Lord rises and addresses his disciple, "Auren, you have proven many times your devotion to my teachings. Now let me guide your sword. Someday soon, you will take the path to the mines of Othgul. There, many of my people have been enslaved. They toil in hard labor and worse befalls them. You must find a way to end their misery."

The vision fades and Auren feels divinely empowered. He enjoys a +5 on attack rolls this round, in addition to the boon of Action Surge.

Both strikes connect viciously and Zeke is wounded. Yellowish blood runs down his chest and arms.

He shifts (D-1), then runs towards Sally (knocking over the table to get there) and at (E-3) he puts a hunting knife to her throat. "One more step and she's dead," he says.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:25 pm

Tears of passion stream down Auren's scaled cheeks from the blessing of a true divine vision. Paledine's words echo in his ears.....

Robyo wrote: Now let me guide your sword.

Without hesitation, the Marshall shifts to D-3 and attempts to finish Zeke:

Move action - Combat Focus +2 attack

Rapid Attack -2 to each swing, offset to 0

1st swing vs Fort
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +9" :

7 + 9 = 16

damage if that hits

4 + 2 + 16 = 22

2nd swing vs Fort
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +9" :

17 + 9 = 26

damage if that hits

3 + 3 + 16 = 22
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:48 am

Shift is a move action. Unlike older systems, a character can shift (usually 5') and is still allowed additional actions. Please reconsider Auren's actions. He can't both Shift and use Combat Focus (under ordinary circumstances).

Zeke's turn breakdown:
    -Drop Rifle=Swift
    -Shift=Move
    -Move=Standard
    -Draw Knife=Swift

Characters are allowed 1 Move, 1 Standard, and up to 3 Swift actions.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:17 pm

ah, I see, my bad. Thanks for the clarification.

I saw Zeke's actions as
    drop rifle = swift
    shift = swift
    move = move
    knock over the table = standard
    draw knife = swift, because he actually drew it as part of a move?

but the Shift is a move, so that is what negates any attack of opportunity, ok.

So how does knocking over a table work into a move action - is it just like going over difficult terrain or something? just asking for better understanding of mechanics here

as for Auren, just forget the Combat Focus then. he will still take 2 swings now at -2 each, used the rolls generated (for fairness, prob missing the first). Auren wants to kill Zeke before he gets a chance to use the knife on Sally.

Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:29 pm

Chris wrote:So how does knocking over a table work into a move action - is it just like going over difficult terrain or something? just asking for better understanding of mechanics here

Okay, if a table (or furniture in general) is of light build, I'd say it would present no impediment to movement. However, the table in Zeke's hotel room is one I envision of a heftier quality. In that case, Zeke doesn't actually knock it over (which would indeed be a standard action), but rather he scrambles over the top, knocking over dishes and food scraps in his wake. So yeah, it would be counted as a Constructed Terrain Feature.

The (4e) Rules Compendium states: "Furniture costs 1 extra square of movement to move on top of a table or a chair, but no extra movement to move off. A creature can also crawl beneath a table to gain cover." I briefly searched, but couldn't find the terrain rules for furniture in Pathfinder or D20 Modern... But I think in the case of tactical movement, when we need to, we can borrow or house rule from 4e. It's has a really detailed, robust movement system.

But I can understand why Radiance doesn't emphasize AoO's or the battle mat. It seems to cater to a more old-school approach in some ways.

Last edited by Robyo on Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:35 pm

Auren's first swing is a miss, but the second blow connects. Zeke's head is separated and falls off. His body topples to the ground, spilling yellow blood on a wide-eyed Sally. The corpse shakes, eminates a pale green light, and morphs into a foul creature of pitch-black skin (like Frank did earlier).
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:48 pm

is the black skinned thing still moving or was the metamorphosis postmortem?

thanks for the clarification on the rules for movement, I am not familiar with 4e, so that is good to learn.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:18 pm

Chris wrote:is the black skinned thing still moving or was the metamorphosis postmortem?

The thing appears to be dead. The morphing happened after it was slain.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:48 pm

Auren wards himself by making the "sign of the sword" in between himself and the foul corpse.

"come with me, Sally. Your daughter is waiting with my dog, Tinder."

Auren skewers the black skinned abomination on his greatsword and carries the body down to the main floor. (His Marshall training taking over, now that the heat of battle has passed.)

When The Marshall arrives in the Opera House Saloon room (assuming no problems) he brings the 2nd corpse to the burnt one of 'formerly Frank'.

Auren addresses Clarissa and any other ladies still present, "split up and go fetch the following from their places of business. Make it clear that I am summoning them here on business, that it is gravely important but make NO MENTION to anyone about the specifics or what you saw here. Please fetch: Father Paedro Raphael, Rev. David Crandall, Bartender Buford McGillicutty, Xim Lee, Dr. McCarty and try to find Deputy Derr. GO!"

While they are assembling the listed townsfolk, Auren will cover the bodies with whatever is available, even if that means just overturning a couple tables.

Auren will make sure that Sally and her daughter are reunited and check on Zyd, providing a 2nd Lay on Hands if needed. (Zyd can get it 2-3 times per day depending on his alignment)
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:32 am

Excellent post! cheers Apparently Auren is expecting the townsfolk to "respect his authoritay," and after witnessing the carnage he has unleashed, they obey!

First though:
    (I'm certain) Auren unties and ungags hapless Sally. When he does so, her hair falls in such a way that he sees her pointed elven ears (she is actually a half-elf).

This is to help illustrate that there are a few demi-humans around town. Maybe 5% of the population is NOT human. A small percentage, but it isn't as if Auren and Zyd are completely alone as non-humans(though the ratio is small, and I do kind of like the "stranger in a strangeland" vibe of Auren's situation).

Also, Sally quickly changes out of her blood-spattered dress, and then puts the decapitated head of Zeke in a bag and carries it down as well.

When Sally and Auren reach the saloon, he finds a couple of the working girls still cleaning up. They follow his orders and dilligently go to locate the people the marshal has requested. It WILL take some time to get everyone gathered together...

Outside, Sally is reunited with Dolly and Clarissa is there also, along with Tinder.

Zyd hobbles into the saloon and takes a seat at a table. He eyes the black corpses with disgust. The kobold could certainly use another lay-on-hands, if the marshal is willing (Zyd is alignment NG).

It will take an hour to get everyone assembled that Auren has requested... Does he use that time to interrogate any one who is already there?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:35 pm

Auren will of course tend to Zyd's further injuries

LoH

Result of the throw of dice "1d8 +3" :

5 + 3 = 8 wounds healed

The Marshall wants to wait for everyone to get assembled (or at least as many as actually show up) for the investigation. It gives the common folks a chance to relax and de-stress a bit by doing menial tasks like cleaning, walking around town to fetch people. The Marshall hopes that they will be in a better state of mind to talk about the crazy crap they just saw. The Marshall wants the stories told once for everyone involved to hear.

The Marshall plans to have the assembled group then discuss and share any additional information they have or at least be on the look-out for further information in the future.

I will make a more detailed post once everyone is assembled and we see who is actually present for the meeting. The meeting will take place inside the Opera House Saloon, since that is where the evidence is located. The Marshall expects a brief testimony from the ladies who were having relations with Frank and Zeke and anyone else that feels they have something relevant to say or knows those cowboys in particular.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:01 pm

From the stories of the folks who remained in the Opera House, the marshal learns the following scenario:

employees:
    courtesans:
    ~Sally (with her daughter Dolly)
    ~Clarissa
    ~Joyce
    ~Rose
    ~Juanita
    ~Angelica
    ~Sasha (pygmy madame, night-manager)

also:
    ~Billy (pianist)
    ~Howie (odd-jobs)

customers:
    cowboys from Norman "Bossman" Biggs' Cattle Ranch:
    ~Zeke (nephew of Biggs)
    ~Frank (trail-boss of Biggs)
    ~Lou
    ~Vern
    ~Larry

3 pepper farmers:
    ~Merle
    ~Preston
    ~Harvey

also:
    ~Vegas (a reputed tiefling rogue)
    ~Terrance Tucker (a traveler passed out in his hotel room, slept through whole ordeal)

Sasha and Howie had gone out earlier to the market to buy supplies.

Zeke and Co. arrived already drunk and demanding. Zeke pulled Sally aside saying he had pressing news. She resisted and he quickly became violent. Billy stepped in, but he got pistol-whipped by Frank for his efforts. Juanita and Clarissa dragged an unconscious Billy back to the kitchen and tried to revive him. Then Zeke forced Sally up to room 303. Frank hollered for Clarissa to return and Juanita stayed with Billy.

Dolly saw everything from the archway that connects the Opera House to the lobby of the hotel. At Juanita's demand, she ran to fetch Auren.

When the Marshal arrived, the cowboys had already spied him coming. They demanded that everyone act natural so that it might blow over. The cowboys only raised their weapons when Auren pressed his questioning.

Larry had been sent backstage to hide as backup. But when things turned bloody in the saloon, the cowboy ran out the alley-door. He was gunned down by Zyd, who in turn, was shot by Zeke from a 3rd story window.

No one knows anything about the black corpses. Very strange.

Angelica and Vegas took off soon after Auren chased Lou outside. So did the farm-boys.

Zeke and Co. worked for Norman Biggs, a wealthy rancher in the valley. In the past, he has been quite cordial to the marshal. He is short and wide and carries himself highly, referring to himself as "The Bossman."

Auren roll Dungeoneering for a Monster Lore check concerning the bodies...

When the others arrive (Buford and Dr. McCarty are unable to attend, as they are out at the same hunting cabin that Zyd had spoken of-he had been planning to rendezvous with them), some of them are a little put-out to being so hastily summoned, while others are more-than-intrigued.

Deputy Derr will arrive shortly as he had to stop at the telegraph office for some other urgent news.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:13 pm

GM - great write up!

however, the Marshall would like to control the flow of information just a little bit, which is why I wrote I would make a more detailed post once everyone was assembled.

If we can, i would like to go the point when everyone that I summoned (minus the 2 in the cabin) arrived.

The Marshall instructs all the witnesses to wait outside for a minute and that he will call them in as needed. Zyd will act as crowd control with the witnesses outside.

"so a priest, a reverend and a Chinese man walk into a bar....."
    *cymbal crash

Seriously though, when the Marshall gets those 3 in the room, he asks them to all sit down. Auren explains that there is something very strange happening in Pestilence that could affect the safety and security of the town.

Once they are all in front of him. Auren says, "let's take a moment and search our hearts, so that we are all of pure intent to help the people of our town." Auren will use his Detect Evil ability on the 3 in front of him. Auren will be careful not to reveal the results.

I need to know the result of that action, before I can proceed.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:54 am

All the info I've listed so far can be ascertained from the working girls who stayed behind, plus Zyd and Dolly's stories. So any opinions the new arrivals have to add hasn't been revealed yet, (except for their initial reactions, which we will ignore).

Zyd and the new arrivals do as Auren instructs.

Detect Evil reveals no fiends or undead within the 30' cone of the area that Auren casts it (the new arrivals). Reminder: Detect Evil doesn't specifically detect evil, (which I suppose makes it easier to purge alignment from the system, as an option).

How about a Monster Lore check?

Xim Lee is a woman, btw.

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:22 pm

oops, forgot that roll

no skill, just Int +0
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20" :

makes it more fun for roleplaying anyways!

apologies to Miss Lee!

The Marshall is satisfied that none of the assembled town folk are undead or fiends (which would be his guess as to the black corpses - something unholy).

Auren begins, "My fellow citizens of Pestilence, something truly strange and troubling unfolded here today. I have asked you 3 and Bufford and Doc McCarty who couldn't attend. Zyd will get them up to speed shortly. My duty, at least in my eyes, is to protect the people under my watch. I know your human laws also dictate the protection of property, land and rights, but as a follower of Paledine, my first sacred duty is to safe-guard the people."

Auren continues, "In a moment you will hear from the eye-witnesses and see some evidence of what occured. I am not asking you to do my job, in fact I specifically do not want to raise the alarm and get the good folks of Pestilence worried unnecessarily. I am showing you, as I will the other 2, because I believe each of you is a respected member of our community and each of you has a certain status that would aid me in my investigation."

Auren will address each guest, "Father Paedro and Reverend Crandall.... I need your help to keep the people calm. Do your best, in your position of influence to assuage their fears. I am showing you everything I know at this point, not for you share those details, but so that you will know the truth from rumors in the coming days. There may come a time to rally the people, but that time has not come yet. This may be a limited incident and it will all blow over quickly. I pray to Paledine that it is so. However, my gut tells me something is stirring and I want to get ahead of the tide of fear and unrest. Will you help me with this charge?"

To Miss Xim Lee, "I will be asking something a little different of you, Buford and the good Dr. The three of you are in a unique position to witness the comings and goings of visitors to Pestilence. I would ask you to keep your eyes open for anything strange or unusual, especially if it reminds you of what you will see here today. Please contact myself directly if possible or one of my deputies to report anything suspicious. Again, there is no point currently in getting the good folks all riled up. Do not become gossip mongers, just be aware that something may be stirring and stay vigilant. I would hope you would do this as a service to your own community, but if you require financial compensation, I can see to it that good information, meaning that which leads to a true and meaningful clue, will be rewarded."

"If there are no questions......"

Auren will have the witnesses describe what they know\saw (as you wrote above). After all the witnesses have testified and then left again, Auren will show them the 2 black corpses.

Before they leave, Auren will tell them, "I will be heading out to Bossman Biggs shortly. Zyd will go to talk to Buford and Doc. Deputy Derr will remain in town if you need anything."

Auren wants to talk to Zyd before he goes.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:56 am

Nice monologue, Auren! I'm liking the courtroom-drama aspects too jocolor

Monster Lore check reveals: a memory of the marshal's past, when as a young laddie in the Dragonfell, his former master announced that he would be orchestrating a workshop the next day detailing strange creatures, known only as "the shapechangers." The impetuous young drackling played hooky on that day...

After seeing the corpses, the two preachers take it in stride. They've become accustomed to supernatural occurrences, living on the frontier, so close to the outlander reservation. "Secrecy would be wise in this matter," responds Rev. Crandall. "as would be keeping our eyes and ears open for any more strange happenings."
    "Yes," agrees Father Pedro. "we must protect the flock."

Xim steps forward and studies the remains. "I no see this kind before," she says. "Heard about shapechangers though... There are a few types I think. The one I seen was gaunt and had pale skin. I recall it had bulbous eyes, with strange pupils of horizontal slits. The thing could look ya in the face and speak into your mind. Then it would turn into a copy of ya!"
    The elder China-woman searches in her purse and pulls out a folded scrap of paper and hands it to Auren. "I know one lady who would know more, Myrtle the Mystique. She runs the trading post out past the Barren Steppes. It's at least a day's hard ride west from town. Give her the envelope and say it's from me. She will then tell you what you wish to know. And don't worry about payment, marshal. Someday you do me a favor too."

The witnesses all solemnly exit and Zyd stays behind to counsel with Auren.

Cletus arrives and apologizes for being late. "Golly, I guess I missed all the excitement!" He notices Zyd's bandaged shoulder and remarks, "Sheeoot, ain't no way one of them cowpokes would'a got the drop on me. No sir, I've got my trusty Winchester, and my Colt for close-encounters," he says, padding the holster on his gunbelt.

"Shutup, kid, you don't know what you're blathering about," replies Zyd. "A gunfight ain't like picking off prairie dogs at your granny's homestead. You gotta stay frosty, and then, sometimes your luck still runs out."

Deputy Derr shrugs and holds out his hand to give the marshal an envelope. "I was told this is real important," he mutters and hands over the telegram.

The telegram reads:
    "Attention Marshal Sparks,
    Justice Mjolnir is arriving Saturday (tomorrow) with details for an important mission. Begin ASAP preparing for a journey to Apache camp on White Mountain. You will meet and talk to members of Apache clan, regarding several reports of missing persons in the area. Mjolnir will have more details. Proceed with caution and haste.
    -Gov. J.N. Goodwin

Magistrate Thurston Mjolnir is a district judge, and also functions as Auren's handler in matters of political importance and discretion.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:51 pm

The Marshall thanks Madame Lee, "I am always at your service."

Auren chuckles at his 2 deputies, "Cletus, you will have your chance here shortly to prove yourself. Zyd and I will both be leaving town it appears. Both of you get some rest tonight, we have a busy few days ahead."

Auren will get supplies for several days, splitting his needs between Wright's and Ramsey's stores: dried food, water skins, etc

*GM question - it seems like Auren will have to a make a choice here, as he is being pulled in several directions. Geographically, are any of the points of interest in the same general direction?

Auren would go directly to Bossman Biggs, if it were up to him. Zyd can handle updating Buford and the Doc. Which direction is the Mystic and the Apache White Mtn camp?

**sure would be nice to have a couple more PCs.... hint hint Josh, Matt, Mike...... if you are even reading this.....
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:32 pm

Chris wrote:*GM question - it seems like Auren will have to a make a choice here, as he is being pulled in several directions. Geographically, are any of the points of interest in the same general direction?

Auren would go directly to Bossman Biggs, if it were up to him. Zyd can handle updating Buford and the Doc. Which direction is the Mystic and the Apache White Mtn camp?

**sure would be nice to have a couple more PCs.... hint hint Josh, Matt, Mike...... if you are even reading this.....

The time when Auren received the telegraph message: 3:03pm

From town (on horse):
    ~Hunting Cabin: 2 hours East
    ~Biggs' Cattle Ranch: 4 hours South
    ~Mystique's Trading Post (at least)1 day West
    ~White Mountain: (at least)2 days North

Gearing up with supplies is fine. Going to Biggs ranch is fine. Whatever you decide... I provide some hooks, but it's a sandbox campaign.

Once you are certain how you want to procede, we will decide if you wish either deputies to accompany Auren, or do you still want Zyd to visit Doc and Buford at their hunting cabin?

**More players would be great! bounce
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:06 pm

The Marshall will give the supply task to deputy Derr.

Auren will send Zyd to the hunting cabin. Zyd can spend the night and enjoy himself, but the Marshall wants him back on Saturday. Zyd is to take the scorched corpse of Frank to show Doc and Bufford and then burn.

Auren will take the corpse of Zeke and ride out for Bossman Biggs immediately.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:46 pm

Alright, sounds good. The time is now 3:33pm. I might recommend a nap for Auren, but he'd only gain 1 Vitality and lose 2 hours of daylight. No doubt the paladin can heal himself if he needs to. But no backup? He is heading out in the wilderness alone.

Take 20 XP, for slaying bad guys and great RP. Auren is effectively 4th level. cheers

We will continue on another thread.. OUaTiTWW Pt. 2: The Journey to Biggs Ranch.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:27 pm

so if I am reading the book right, my option for Vitality restoration are:

spend 1 hr with a "courtesan" - regain 1d4+1 vitality
    nap = 2hrs, regain 4 vitality (1 per level)
    receive "revive" from someone with Heal skill = 1 vit\pt of their wisdom

Does Auren know of any healers in town? I know Doc is at the cabin, but maybe Madame Lee or some others have basic heal skills.....

If Auren can't get healed up in that way, he will spend an hour at the Velvet Palace, restoring his spirit, before he rides out to Biggs.

Backup? yeah, that would be nice....

I got to figure out lvl 4, so that might take a minute
    whit74
    whit74

Character Information
    Hit points:
    "Once Upon A Time In the Weird West" - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue84/0"Once Upon A Time In the Weird West" - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (84/0)
    Action Points:
    "Once Upon A Time In the Weird West" - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue38/68"Once Upon A Time In the Weird West" - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (38/68)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit74 Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:50 pm

hey boys... since Chris is relentless in his pursuit of getting more folks to play.. what the hell? Rob, can you look over my gunslinger and tell me if I need to make any changes (level, abilities, etc?)

I'm in whenever Rob wants to write me in.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:39 pm

maybe Mr Claiborne just finished a stage-guard job that ended in Pestilence? Marshall Sparks might even know Thomas, if he has visited Pestilence before as a guard.... can you say deputized posse?
    whit74
    whit74

Character Information
    Hit points:
    "Once Upon A Time In the Weird West" - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue84/0"Once Upon A Time In the Weird West" - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (84/0)
    Action Points:
    "Once Upon A Time In the Weird West" - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue38/68"Once Upon A Time In the Weird West" - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (38/68)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit74 Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:26 pm

Deputized posse... sorry, couldn't resist. Tommy's a bit snarky Smile
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:01 pm

Chris wrote:so if I am reading the book right, my option for Vitality restoration are:

spend 1 hr with a "courtesan" - regain 1d4+1 vitality
    nap = 2hrs, regain 4 vitality (1 per level)
    receive "revive" from someone with Heal skill = 1 vit\pt of their wisdom

Does Auren know of any healers in town? I know Doc is at the cabin, but maybe Madame Lee or some others have basic heal skills.....

If Auren can't get healed up in that way, he will spend an hour at the Velvet Palace, restoring his spirit, before he rides out to Biggs.

Backup? yeah, that would be nice....

I got to figure out lvl 4, so that might take a minute

You got it right, a nap = 1 vitality/level (my rulebook is pre-errata).

The other healing options look good too... *Remember chewing a little Calfrass herb before 6 hour rest = X2 healing (p.166).

Also (houserule), you can listen to a bard or entertainer for 1 hour with same benefits as a courtesan...
    So, if Auren would rather listen to Billy play the piano for an hour (he's feeling a little better by now), then bed Clarissa or one of the other dames, that is fine also.

Plus, he gets more vitality from leveling up...

Townies with healing? These are the ones commonly known to have the skill set: Dr. McCarty, Madame Lee, Bernadette Mullins, Herman Fringer.

Then we'll adjust the time an hour to 4:30ish p.m.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:16 pm

whit74 wrote:hey boys... since Chris is relentless in his pursuit of getting more folks to play.. what the hell? Rob, can you look over my gunslinger and tell me if I need to make any changes (level, abilities, etc?)

I'm in whenever Rob wants to write me in.

Excellent. You can roll with Tommy as written... Let's say he is on the outskirts of town, along the southern road, practicing his marksmanship on some empty beer bottles.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 5:46 pm