Dropbox - http://www.dropbox.com/

Open Office - http://www.openoffice.org/

5 posters

Episode I, chapter 1

whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Episode I, chapter 1 - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue19/19Episode I, chapter 1 - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    Episode I, chapter 1 - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue1/0Episode I, chapter 1 - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Episode I, chapter 1 - Page 3 Empty Re: Episode I, chapter 1

Post  whit10 Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:20 am

no doubt
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Episode I, chapter 1 - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/0Episode I, chapter 1 - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    Episode I, chapter 1 - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/0Episode I, chapter 1 - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:36 am

Chris wrote:
    Initiative Order:
    T'son 21
    Daxx 16
    Rakhu  15
    Probe Droid   14
    Sharn       6

Please reference the "Fighting for Flak" thread for the combat map

SHARN is up

Not sure which thread to respond in.

Sharn will hold his action. Trigger to action: if the droid approaches his hex.

What is Irwin doing? Hopefully hiding. Do I control him in combat?
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Episode I, chapter 1 - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue60/112Episode I, chapter 1 - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:38 am

T'son is holding his action, Ion pistol at the ready.

Trigger - scout/probe apears to react to any party members, signal, or attack. I'll let you know if/when Tson takes action.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Episode I, chapter 1 - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue35/35Episode I, chapter 1 - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:44 am

Chris wrote:
    Initiative Order:
    T'son 21
    Daxx 16     *9 rds of EA*
    Rakhu  15
    Probe Droid   14
    Sharn       6   *1 rd of EA*

Please reference the "Fighting for Flak" thread for the combat map

Please post here

Ok, since both Sharn and T'son are trying to use a special Delay\Ready, I think we need to briefly go over those rules, since neither were stated corrected, at least by SW rules

please check "house rules" thread for the copy\paste

it sounded like you both wanted to "Ready" an action, since you both listed the "trigger" condition, but neither of you stated specifically what action you would take when the "trigger" occured, which you must do in order to Ready.

If you want to be able to choose your new action, then there is no "trigger" needed, you just delay, but your action occurs AFTER someone else's, you can't interrupt, like with a Ready.

Remember Delay lowers your initiative permanently.  Sharn cannot actually Delay, since he is already the end of the round, his action would simply be lost for this round. He can Ready, since he is spending the attack action to ready in rd 1, to possibly act at some point in rd 2 before his next action (at 6).

Matt and Rob, please adjust your stated intent for your action.

Since both sound like they are going to Ready or Delay - Daxx you can state your action as well.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:10 pm

Sharn will be ready. If the droid approaches him, he will use the force: Enhance Ability. He is also ready to move if anything happens.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Episode I, chapter 1 - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue35/35Episode I, chapter 1 - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:34 pm

Robyo wrote:Sharn will be ready. If the droid approaches him, he will use the force: Enhance Ability. He is also ready to move if anything happens.

perfecto!

(but I think there can only be 1 trigger, the droid approaching, at which time he can use EA and move if you wish)

T'son is up

Daxx is on Deck

Rakhu in the hole
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Episode I, chapter 1 - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue60/112Episode I, chapter 1 - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:01 pm

If I am reading this correctly, the "ready" acts as an interupt?

T'son will "ready" an attack action. Trigger - if the scout/probe acts towards any of the party members (appears to detect them, attacks them, etc)

Is this stated correctly?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:54 pm

MAS wrote:If I am reading this correctly, the "ready" acts as an interupt?
    T'son will "ready" an attack action. Trigger - if the scout/probe acts towards any of the party members (appears to detect them, attacks them, etc)
    Is this stated correctly?

Correct.  

A delay is a general type action, wait and see what happens, then I will decide.  So you pay for that by moving down in Initiative order permanently, but you have more freedom to act.  However you jump back into initiative only after someone has completed their action.

For instance, you don't want to provoke an AoO running past the Minotaur to get to the evil wizard behind him.  So you wait for your friends to kill the Mino, then you take your full turn when you have a clear path.

A "readied" action is very specific and costs your attack action to set it.  Yes, you can move and set a readied action.

For instance, all the rebel guys on Leia's ship set readied actions to blast whoever (Stormtroopers) came through the door of the blockade runner. So after the explosion, the rebels (in game terms) would have gotten to shoot as the Imps moved through the door - after their move (trigger action) but before their attack. I think of "cover fire" as a prime example of a readied action.

I assume by attack action, you mean, you will fire your Ion pistol at the probe droid?

T'son is essentially setting a cover fire readied action, fire on probe droid if it alerts to anyone in the party.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Episode I, chapter 1 - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue19/19Episode I, chapter 1 - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    Episode I, chapter 1 - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue1/0Episode I, chapter 1 - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:59 pm

Chris, does the foliage or whatever that's in front of my guy provide any cover?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:04 pm

whit10 wrote:Chris, does the foliage or whatever that's in front of my guy provide any cover?

no, you are the only one that did not take cover or hide last turn
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:33 pm

in that case, I'll move up next to the sarge, quiet like.

Stealth check:

Roll(1d20)+7:
    16,+7
    Total:23
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:21 pm

"assume by attack action, you mean, you will fire your Ion pistol at the probe droid? T'son is essentially setting a cover fire readied action, fire on probe droid if it alerts to anyone in the party."

Correct.

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:08 am

whit10 wrote:in that case, I'll move up next to the sarge, quiet like.

Stealth check:

Roll(1d20)+7:
    16,+7
    Total:23

Daxx appears to have made it next to Rakhu unnoticed. There was no visible reaction from the Probe droid.

Rakhu is up
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Episode I, chapter 1 - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue68/68Episode I, chapter 1 - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:13 am

Rakhu eases the silenced slug pistol out of its holster. Stealth 18. He will also ready an attack action in the event the probe gets jumpy.Cool 
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:26 am

navyik wrote:Rakhu eases the silenced slug pistol out of its holster.  Stealth 18.  He will also ready an attack action in the event the probe gets jumpy.Cool 

Rakhu's action also seems to go unnoticed.  (sucky probot dice!!! I have rolled against EVERY stealth check, with a +7, couldn't beat ya all once.... need better droids)  

The Probe moves another 20m off the map (to the right), its top spinning as it goes.

end of encounter, unless anyone wants to take an action?
    *you get the same XP credit for successfully passing the Probe as you would have for killing it cheers 

T'son estimates that you are still 100m-200m down hill from your target destination.  If anyone has macrobinoculars or a scope, you can make a Perception check to search for the bunker.   The trees to thin out as it goes up in elevation.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:18 am

Perception check with electrobinoculars:
    7+18 = 25
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:47 am

Robyo wrote:Perception check with electrobinoculars:
    7+18 = 25

nice roll!

Sharn can see the following scene through his macros.  

Episode I, chapter 1 - Page 3 <a href=Episode I, chapter 1 - Page 3 Far_lo10" />

Based on the terrain (not all realized in the picture) this is the general approach the heroes are going to have to use.  It looks to Sharn like there is a possible path up the left side or the right side or middle, but the map represents the usable terrain.  Off the map is steep, sharp rocks that are impassible.  The big rock base that the gun sits on actually wraps around the mountain top and extends to both sides equally.

Sharn can focus in a bit more on the left and right sides and see the following

Left side - looks like a Garindan (lt) and a Trandoshan, the racial enemy of wookies (rt) standing near a speeder bike

Episode I, chapter 1 - Page 3 Left_a10

Right side - looks like a human working on a downed droid, with another droid standing nearby

Episode I, chapter 1 - Page 3 <a href=Episode I, chapter 1 - Page 3 M1730010" />

In all images, the down trees look to represent about partial\half cover and the bushes 1/4 cover and the rocks would be full cover if you got behind them. No one seems to have been alerted at this time.
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:24 am

Question -

Does the Force power "illusion" work on Droids? Or would Force mind powers only work on the "living" ?
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Episode I, chapter 1 - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue68/68Episode I, chapter 1 - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:47 am

Rakhu signals to quietly group up in cover. He will get out his binoculars too. So he can intelligently discuss the options. 16+10=26 (-1 for every 20 meters beyond the first 20).

"Looks like a fight no matter how we approach. Stealth can make a frontal assault look mighty clever," he whispers. "I could draw fire while... uh... daxx? Daxx gets close enough to make the cut." Then to t'son and sharn," who is better with a rifle," offering the firelance/grenade combo.
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:11 am

"I agree, we can lay down some serious cover, keep them occupied while Dax disables the guns. I humbly reccomend we spread out, attempt to move into throwing range, and initate with a wave of consuion grenades. From there, we use our weapons and.....other talents to remove the threat to Dax."

"I am moederately skilled with rifles, and would gladly borrow one should you be able to spare it"
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:14 am

"sounds like a plan... and they said being a Jedi wasn't supposed to be fun"
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:36 am

MAS wrote:Question -

Does the Force power "illusion" work on Droids? Or would Force mind powers only work on the "living" ?

I am at work, so I will need to dig a little bit into the rule books when I get home, but my initial reaction is that Illusion\Affect Mind does not affect droids. Most notable movie reference is that Qui-gonn couldn't get past the lowest level Trade Federation droids in Ep1, trying to get Amidala to Courscant. "where are you taking them? uh, wait, that does not compute"

Remember, i am not giving DS points for damage dealing use of force powers, but in the traditional rule-set, that was always a nice counter balance - you didn't get DS points for using the Force against droids, since they are not living things. thus they explain all the Force Strike usage by Qui-gonn and Obi Wan in Ep1, which would have otherwise drawn DS points.
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:38 am

Roger, that sounds reasonable.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:43 am

I will update a new battle map when I get home, but it is roughly 20-25 hexes from the bottom of the map to the doors (40-50m), going uphill.

It sounds like you guys have a rough plan, when you see the map, think of it like a Close Combat game - you can make your initial deployment anywhere along the bottom of the map, within. If you want to start "in stealth", I will need an initial Stealth check along with your initiative roll. I will give them all a Perception check to see if they are surprised or not. If no one notices you all, you will all get a surprise attack action to start, then go into regular initiative.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:44 am

the rule book states that only Alter skills affect droids and only these skills in particular: Drain Energy, Force Strike, Force Lightning and Move Object.
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:59 am

whit10 wrote:the rule book states that only Alter skills affect droids and only these skills in particular:  Drain Energy, Force Strike, Force Lightning and Move Object.

Thanks for looking it up Josh - I was otherwise occupied.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:00 pm

cool man, just sitting here transcribing an interview... one of the more monotonousness things that I occasionally have to do.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:35 pm

Launcher range is 30' if u can use it. "I will flank left and cover, t'son up center with grenades, the rest loop wide right to the gun."
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:45 pm

whit10 wrote:cool man, just sitting here transcribing an interview... one of the more monotonousness things that I occasionally have to do.

ugh, me too..... 3 hrs of cop and client, with cop doing 90% of talking drunken 
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:47 pm

navyik wrote:Launcher range is 30' if u can use it.  "I will flank left and cover,  t'son up center with grenades, the rest loop wide right to the gun."

I like it!
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:07 pm

and just so everyone knows, I have all the books (that I have anyway) on my external drive and I take it to work. Can usually look up most rule questions
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:51 pm

whit10 wrote:and just so everyone knows, I have all the books (that I have anyway) on my external drive and I take it to work.  Can usually look up most rule questions

"NERD!!!!!"

Episode I, chapter 1 - Page 3 Ogre10
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:55 pm

lol... actually, it was done by accident. Normally, I only carry what's important on that drive: music!
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:03 pm

Chris wrote:
    navyik wrote:Launcher range is 30' if u can use it.  "I will flank left and cover,  t'son up center with grenades, the rest loop wide right to the gun."

I like it!

Kind of a bootleg option pitch right.

I have the books on my smartphone. Intentionally...
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:11 pm

Hey guys - Just word that I travel out to VA tomorrow. I have to finsih packing and spend time with Nic tonight, and will be in the air all day tomorrow. I should be able yto post again after I get in to the hotel tomorrow night. Word.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:14 pm

They must've gotten the money then?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:21 pm

MAS wrote:Hey guys - Just word that I travel out to VA tomorrow. I have to finsih packing and spend time with Nic tonight, and will be in the air all day tomorrow. I should be able yto post again after I get in to the hotel tomorrow night. Word.

why don't you give me an initiative roll before you go and confirm if you are going up the middle, as Rakhu suggested.

and whether or not you are taking the launcher

and if you want to start hidden, give me a stealth roll, I will find a suitable hiding spot on the overhead map at home for ya, somewhere in the middle
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:24 pm

for that matter, everyone else can do that as well....

initiative
    confirm side you want to start on
    stealth roll if starting from hiding
    any weapons drawn, ability enhancers used the rd before you start, etc

I am giving you a chance to start as you want, since you are going uphill, against superior numbers

remember Sharn and Daxx are already -3 vit for their EA buffs from the last fight, moments ago
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:05 pm

T'son will take the launcher (but I need to look it up so I know what it is, I am not seeing any "launcher" in the Core book, ALAN - where did you find it?) and go up the middle.

Initiative -
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +6" :

17 + 6 = 23

Stealth -
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +6" :

15 + 6 = 21

Carrying "launcher" slung - stun grenade in each hand. Until I find out what this "launcher" is.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:12 pm

I think it is just a grenade launcher, that increases the effective range of grenades, to avoid the brutal range penalties
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:16 pm

Ok, cool - so does it require seperate ammo, or does it launch standard grenades? And if so, rate of fire, reload, etc?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:25 pm

MAS wrote:Ok, cool - so does it require seperate ammo, or does it launch standard grenades? And if so, rate of fire, reload, etc?

probably just standard grenades, but not 100%

let's see if our guys with all the books can help.   Rakhu probably has grenades to fit if it is not standard. Capacity would be good to know as well, I suppose

there is no RoF, that is based on your BAB and feats Wink

reload is also a standard move action, unless you have any special feats
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:48 pm

Found them - p34 of Arms and EQ guide. Just need to know what model this one is.

T'son will be carrying the launcher as his main "in hand" weapon.

FYI - my intent is to open with a grenade (explosive, not stun) against the left flank elements. Reasoning - that is 2 red PAX (enemy personel, friendlies are blue) AND a speeder in one close clump. Itd be nice to neutralize the mobility in the first round, we dont want that speeder mobile.

Any objections?

Reading "Raku" sheet - is this the Firelance Rifle?
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:39 pm

MAS wrote:Found them - p34 of Arms and EQ guide. Just need to know what model this one is.

T'son will be carrying the launcher as his main "in hand" weapon.

FYI - my intent is to open with a grenade (explosive, not stun) against the left flank elements. Reasoning - that is 2 red PAX (enemy personel, friendlies are blue) AND a speeder in one close clump. Itd be nice to neutralize the mobility in the first round, we dont want that speeder mobile.

Any objections?

Reading "Raku" sheet - is this the Firelance Rifle?

Yes to firelance. There is only one grenade launcher in the book small enough to mount on it. I recall it is obvious... i think...
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:41 pm

Initiative 14+5=19
    Stealth 15+10=25
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:45 pm

Initiative and Stealth checks for Daxx

Initiative:
    Roll(1d20)+6:
    15,+6
    Total:21

Stealth:
    Roll(1d20)+7:
    17,+7
    Total:24
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:50 pm

is this it? I imagine the launcher is fully loaded?

Episode I, chapter 1 - Page 3 Launch10
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:01 pm

Sorry.  Frags. And yes, loaded.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:03 pm

Sharn will sneak his way up left towards the speeder bike. Hiding behind cover as he moves.

"...the Left side - looks like a Garindan (lt) and a Trandoshan, the racial enemy of wookies (rt) standing near a speeder bike"

Sharn's plan is to accompany Daxx , and assist where necessary to disable the tower. First though, he must deal with the hated Trandoshan. Perhaps the speeder bike will also come in handy? He still has on his combat gloves.

Enhance Ability (Dex): 7+16= 23... +4 DEX (+2 mod)

Initiative: 0+10+2= 12

Stealth Check: 2+9+2= 13
    Spend a Force Point: 2d6= 5
    Final Stealth: 2+9+2+5= 18

Sharn is behind the bush, waiting his turn to tear the Trandoshan a new one.

whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:39 pm

you read my mind. lol...

moving stealthily (moving in stealth is half normal movement btw) towards the speeder bike.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 8:09 am