MAS
whit10
6 posters

Chapter 1 - A Den of Thieves

whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Chapter 1 - A Den of Thieves - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue19/19Chapter 1 - A Den of Thieves - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    Chapter 1 - A Den of Thieves - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue1/0Chapter 1 - A Den of Thieves - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Chapter 1 - A Den of Thieves - Page 4 Empty Re: Chapter 1 - A Den of Thieves

Post  whit10 Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:19 am

Ok, so, are you actively trying to lose the tail?

You're all nearing the city anyway, if you're trying to lose the tail, give me a Drive check please:

I should have mentioned, the traffic, such as it is, gets heavier as you approach the city. There are also knots of people with donkeys and carts, as well as camels.

Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Chapter 1 - A Den of Thieves - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0/0Chapter 1 - A Den of Thieves - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    Chapter 1 - A Den of Thieves - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0/0Chapter 1 - A Den of Thieves - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:05 pm

Drive check: Result of the throw of dice "1d20" : 14 + 6 = 20
    Arcturus2
    Arcturus2

Post  Arcturus2 Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:29 pm

Elliot is getting nervous, as much from Olivia's driving as the possible tail.

He double checks his .45 in it's shoulder harness. He's all too aware of the powerful and somewhat unstable glycerin based explosives his jumpy friend JT has a proclivity for carrying on his person..

"Maybe they're not even following us. But if they are, even if we lose them, they're gonna follow Norris and his man to our destination anyway. Please be careful driving."
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Chapter 1 - A Den of Thieves - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue35/35Chapter 1 - A Den of Thieves - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:50 pm

whit10 wrote:
    You're all nearing the city anyway, if you're trying to lose the tail, give me a Drive check please:

How close is the car that is following us? (JT pulls out his rifle and a stick of TNT)

I am confused.... are we in 2 cars? I thought we were all in the car from Norris.

If we are in 2 cars, what are the relative positions of all 3?
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Chapter 1 - A Den of Thieves - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue19/19Chapter 1 - A Den of Thieves - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    Chapter 1 - A Den of Thieves - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue1/0Chapter 1 - A Den of Thieves - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:16 pm

yeah, Norris isn't headed to Cairo that you are aware of.

(secret die roll...)

you don't seem to lose the pursuing car but it drops back a bit.

You enter the city. There are numerous side streets and clusters of people selling nearly everything or going about their daily business. It's nearly dusk.

The best hotels and nightclubs are at the city center... The Blue Parrot is not far from this area.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Chapter 1 - A Den of Thieves - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue35/35Chapter 1 - A Den of Thieves - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:28 pm

Chris wrote:
    whit10 wrote:

How close is the car that is following us?  (JT pulls out his rifle and a stick of TNT)

I am confused.... are we in 2 cars?  I thought we were all in the car from Norris.

whit10 wrote:
    you don't seem to lose the pursuing car but it drops back a bit.

You enter the city.  

so.... I don't get an answer or a chance to take an action (while Olivia is trying to lose them) before we enter the city?   Crying or Very sad
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:57 pm

Sorry. I thought that everyone was going in the same car but Alan and Matt led me to believe that I was wrong?  scratch 

As it so happens, unless you guys are planning on something, that you somehow communicated to each other, it really doesn't matter too much. What did you want to do?

Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:13 pm

I believe Alan and Matt took a separate car.

Olivia will pull over outside of the marketplace, behind a vegetable cart, or pottery stand, or something. She is trying to look inconspicuous, and watches if the tailing car drives past.

Hide check: Result of the throw of dice "1d20" : 14 + 11 = 25
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:23 pm

hmm... maybe they can explain where said second car came from?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:04 pm

If we are pulling over, then I can wait.  This is why using initiative out of combat is sometimes really helpful.  I feel like other people have gotten to take actions and the scene sort of moved past JT without him having a chance to act when we were outside of town.

JT asked, back when were still outside of Cairo

Chris wrote:
    whit10 wrote:
    How close is the car that is following us?  (JT pulls out his rifle and a stick of TNT)
    I am confused.... are we in 2 cars?  I thought we were all in the car from Norris.

I never got an answer to either or a chance to do anything while we were still outside the city.  Now the scene has advanced to us being in the city.  I am not trying to make a stink and we don't need to rewind the action, but it would be nice, in the future, to have some sort of order to actions.  

Since we have pulled over - JT would like to slip out of the car and make a stealth check to hide somewhere in the agora.  Obviously JT is not hiding from everyone, just positioning himself so he would be concealed from the blue sedan when it arrives or passes by.  I am thinking stealth by blending into the crowd or getting behind a wagon full of dates or something
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:36 pm

not everything that happens is meant to have a lot of time for prep or actions. I didn't mean for you to be on initiative or I would have asked for rolls.

I think the group needs to decide what the travel arrangements were first, then we'll proceed.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:44 am

MAS wrote:
    navyik wrote:CR3 looks down his nose in polite disapproval  at the walking arsenals, "would you prefer to take YOUR own car, Sir..." His tone is more a a request than a question.

"Of course, Rothchild, of course. No need to pile into that gaudy jallopy!"

This was my que that Matt and Alan took a separate car.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:20 am

whit10 wrote:not everything that happens is meant to have a lot of time for prep or actions.  I didn't mean for you to be on initiative or I would have asked for rolls.

I think the group needs to decide what the travel arrangements were first, then we'll proceed.

If you don't call for initiative, then please don't progress the scene until you have at least answered questions from the players and given everyone a chance to take actions.

I have asked, 3 times now, when the car was still following us outside of Cairo - how far away is the blue sedan?
    JT drew both his rifle and his TNT, because he planned on using 1 or the other, when he learned the distance of the vehicle following us.

I guess I don't understand, sorry. If we are driving in a car from Alexandria to Egypt, for many minutes or hours and we see someone following us - how is that some characters can take actions to speed up and try to 'lose the tail' but others can't take any actions at all?

whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:40 am

Fine, rewind to where you are all still outside of Cairo, you've just seen the car.

what is the travel arrangement please?
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:45 am

I previously stated that the blue sedan was 1/2 mile back.
    Arcturus2
    Arcturus2

Post  Arcturus2 Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:11 am

It was my understanding that Olivia, JT, and Elliot took the Isotta Norris offered, and CRIII is driving Corbett in his own private car, but I may be wrong as well.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:23 am

whit10 wrote:Fine, rewind to where you are all still outside of Cairo, you've just seen the car.

what is the travel arrangement please?

It's fine, we don't need to rewind, as I said earlier.  I was just posting that to illustrate that I had attempted to take an action which was bypassed earlier. It's the forums, it happens, we can play on

Chris wrote:If we are pulling over, then I can wait.  Now the scene has advanced to us being in the city.  I am not trying to make a stink and we don't need to rewind the action, but it would be nice, in the future, to have some sort of order to actions.

Since we have pulled over - JT would like to slip out of the car and make a stealth check to hide somewhere in the agora.  Obviously JT is not hiding from everyone, just positioning himself so he would be concealed from the blue sedan when it arrives or passes by.  I am thinking stealth by blending into the crowd or getting behind a wagon full of dates or something
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Chapter 1 - A Den of Thieves - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue60/112Chapter 1 - A Den of Thieves - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:52 am

Neither Alan nor I specifically listed a car on our EQ. I think I had a grand or so left over from buying gear, and since It wasn't supposed to be anything fancy and it supported the character well, I just figured a standard car wouldn't be a problem.

If it is, feel free to retcon it away.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:54 am

hmm, not to be overly nit-picky but I don't see a car listed on his equipment (Corbett that is).

Part of the reason that I picked that particular car was so that everyone could fit in it.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:39 pm

whit10 wrote:hmm, not to be overly nit-picky but I don't see a car listed on his equipment  (Corbett that is).

Part of the reason that I picked that particular car was so that everyone could fit in it.

I like the car, I just want to go gangster-style and ride on the outside shooting my machine gun at the guys following us

Chapter 1 - A Den of Thieves - Page 4 25280011
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Chapter 1 - A Den of Thieves - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue60/112Chapter 1 - A Den of Thieves - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:03 pm

MAS wrote:Neither Alan nor I specifically listed a car on our EQ. I think I had a grand or so left over from buying gear, and since It wasn't supposed to be anything fancy and it supported the character well, I just figured a standard car wouldn't be a problem.

If it is, feel free to retcon it away.

Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:30 pm

I'm fine with starting at any point, retcon or non.

And we're still getting into the groove of our characters, and Josh is trying out the GM chair, so a few bumps are to be expected.

I for one, am already enjoying the Pulp feel of it  santa Cairo, man!
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:53 pm

Thanks for the compliment.  Very Happy 

Let's just roll back a bit. It seems like that's the most fair thing to do.

Ok, you guys are still with Ibrahim at Norris's house. Are you all taking the same car?

This could also be a good time for Corbett and CRIII to clear up the car thing
    Arcturus2
    Arcturus2

Post  Arcturus2 Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:17 pm

Arcturus2 wrote:Elliot takes the envelope of cash from Ibrahim (unless someone else already stated that action and I missed it) and folds it securely into his breast pocket.

He loads his packed rucksack with bedroll attached and the plain wooden case containing his rifle in the trunk and gets in the rear seat of the automobile.

"Nifty ride.." He mumbles to himself.

Elliot's previous actions stand as are.

He's wearing all of his AC items, with his pistol belt, bayonet, and Colt .45 concealed under his battered overcoat.

His pistol has a full magazine plus another round chambered.

Elliot's previous actions stand as are.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:29 pm

Chris wrote: JT calls out, "SHOTGUN"

action still stands
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:32 pm

lol... of course this kinda screws up you all being surprised by a 'tail'. scratch 
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:35 pm

I think we're fine with taking separate cars, but it's up to Matt and Alan, I guess.

And we can wait for everyone to chime in, but I vote we pick up to the point when we noticed we're being followed. Pretty sure JT wants to do some ra-tat-tat-ta... kabloowie!
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Chapter 1 - A Den of Thieves - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue68/68Chapter 1 - A Den of Thieves - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:04 pm

I just figured a rich and famous outdoorsman would have a car and a truck. Maybe they're in India?

A bit scandalized, CRIII reluctantly packs the Colonel's bags and takes a back seat.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:20 pm

Robyo wrote: Pretty sure JT wants to do some ra-tat-tat-ta... kabloowie!
      Twisted Evil

Chapter 1 - A Den of Thieves - Page 4 Sam10
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:30 am

lol... yeah Chris, I can see the resemblance.

Just waiting for Matt to chime in... if he doesn't by this evening, I'll advance it
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:42 pm

I previously stated that we'd prefer to have our own vehicle, but that was up to the GM. I was waiting for him to state it was ok or retcon it.

As I said before, I'm fine either way.

In either case, Corbettt's rifle case is locked but nearby.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:28 pm

Well, I guess I will leave that up to you. I won't bother to mess with it now but transporting it across oceans and what not could be annoying for you. Planes aren't big enough quite yet. Your call. I honestly have no idea what the cost would be for one in 1927.
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:32 pm

Then yes, we have a cheap, standard car.

Most likely bought it once we got here in Alexandria.

Moving on!!!

whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:46 pm

Ok... moving on.

your driving down the road, both CR III and Olivia have spied the car that seems to be following you.

Decisions? If any
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:51 pm

whit10 wrote:Ok... moving on.

your driving down the road, both CR III and Olivia have spied the car that seems to be following you.  

Decisions?  If any

"This early in the hunt we must learn the terrain and the foibles of our prey, Rothschild. Lets sport along and see how they react to Ms Ormonde's flush."

""Indeed, Colonel..." With approving enthusiasm. CR3 maintains a casual course and speed with a vigilant eye on the road, surroundings, and mirrors.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:29 pm

Assuming that CR3 and Corbett are following us in Norris' car.....

<tail> ....... <Corbett\CR3> ..... <Norris car>

JT uses a series of military, but easy-to-follow, hand gestures in the back window directed at CR3 and Corbett, not visible to the tail car.

JT points to CR3
    JT holds up 1 palm in a halting gesture and then slowly lowers it, to indicate for them to reduce speed
    JT spreads his index and pinky fingers wide (like bull horns) on his right hand, indicated our 2 cars
    JT then uses the index finger of his left hand and pantomimes the left finger (tail car) driving in between the two fingers of his right hand.
    JT holds up a stick of TNT and  Twisted Evil 
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:30 pm

Now it's like Groundhog's Day, or the Twilight Zone...  drunken 
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:19 pm

"Just what IS that sapper thinking of doing with that bomb? Rothschild, I fear our companions might be about to do something rash!"
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:28 pm

Right, because randomly shooting at a car or throwing TNT on the highway won't cause any attention from the locals.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Chapter 1 - A Den of Thieves - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue68/68Chapter 1 - A Den of Thieves - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:31 pm

"Indeed, Colonel! Do you imagine he can be deterred if we advise him against it?" CRIII raises a curiously amused eyebrow. "I would've EXPECTED trouble from the Yank... What say you sir?"
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:37 pm

navyik wrote:"Indeed, Colonel!  Do you imagine he can be deterred if we advise him against it?"  CRIII raises a curiously amused eyebrow.  "I would've EXPECTED trouble from the Yank... What say you sir?"

"For starters, dont let this car be harmed, we went through an unusually rigorous process to obtain it! Let us wave the heavy handed pyromanic off, if we can."
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:45 pm

The butler's eyes narrow in reproof as he wags his finger and shakes his head. Once his meaning appears to get through, CRIII grins casually and points in all different directions and waves his hand in winding chaotic paths.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:34 am

lol.... the GM is very amused by this exchange. And Kudos for remembering that the locals might take notice to that "flagrant" a display.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:37 am

navyik wrote:The butler's eyes narrow in reproof as he wags his finger and shakes his head.  Once his meaning appears to get through, CRIII grins casually and points in all different directions and waves his hand in winding chaotic paths.

JT looks about at the other traffic on the road, his excitement droops and he nods in understanding. JT appears to say something to his stick of TNT before putting it back in his vest.

Chapter 1 - A Den of Thieves - Page 4 Sam-do10

navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:38 pm

I say, colonel, should we give the a wild goose chase? There ought to some public building around here where we can park and greet them."
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:16 pm

"I'm afraid not Rothschild. Right now, our opponent does not know we are aware of them. Far too early to tip our hand, old friend. We should content ourselves to observation for the moment."
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:22 am

"Agreed sir, though 'twill not serve to reign in that lot," indicating the car in front.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:26 am

Does that mean you are all going to proceed to the Blue Parrot (or, at least, that area of the city)?
    Arcturus2
    Arcturus2

Post  Arcturus2 Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:04 am

Arcturus2 wrote:Elliot is getting nervous,  as much from Olivia's driving as the possible tail.

He double checks his .45 in it's shoulder harness. He's all too aware of the powerful and somewhat unstable glycerin based explosives his jumpy friend JT has a proclivity for carrying on his person..

"Maybe they're not even following us. But if they are,  even if we lose them, they're gonna follow Norris and his man to our destination anyway. Please be careful driving."

Sorry, been working doubles all week so not much time to post..
    Elliot's actions from before still stand though.

Elliot still thinks it's possible the blue sedan has nothing to do with them. He urges Olivia to drive carefully and suggests JT put away his dynamite.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:22 am

Olivia listens to Elliot and drives casual.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:20 am