Chris
Robyo
7 posters

In the Intest of aid

whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    In the Intest of aid - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue19/19In the Intest of aid - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    In the Intest of aid - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue1/0In the Intest of aid - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

In the Intest of aid - Page 7 Empty Re: In the Intest of aid

Post  whit10 Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:53 am

anybody else want to fucking pile on?? Geez... one mistake
    Josef909
    Josef909

Character Information
    Hit points:
    In the Intest of aid - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue86/98In the Intest of aid - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (86/98)
    Action Points:
    In the Intest of aid - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue11/11In the Intest of aid - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (11/11)
    Character Sheet:

Post  Josef909 Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:31 pm

We love you, Josh. Just tighten it up please.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    In the Intest of aid - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue19/19In the Intest of aid - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    In the Intest of aid - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue1/0In the Intest of aid - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:11 pm

yeah yeah.... I'm sorry I missed the spell thing but the HP was supposed to be there. I'll try to stay on it
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    In the Intest of aid - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue0/0In the Intest of aid - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    In the Intest of aid - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue0/0In the Intest of aid - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:20 pm

DOGPILE!!!

In the Intest of aid - Page 7 Dogpil10

Glad to see Joe back up and ready to scorch lackadaisical players. Love it!

As for Abi, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think she's taken damage yet. She did expend her single use of Action Surge though, so I'll add that to her stat block.
    Also not sure when the duration for Blessed ends. I figure Chris will alert us when it does.

Abigail: Sea-Elf Fighter

AC: 18
    HP: 74/74
    Pass Perc: 14
    Init: +5
    Blessed: +1d4 to Attacks and Saves
    Action Surge: 0
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    In the Intest of aid - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue35/35In the Intest of aid - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:33 pm

I added Bless duration to my stat block in an effort to be a better player Cool
    Josef909
    Josef909

Character Information
    Hit points:
    In the Intest of aid - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue86/98In the Intest of aid - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (86/98)
    Action Points:
    In the Intest of aid - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue11/11In the Intest of aid - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (11/11)
    Character Sheet:

Post  Josef909 Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:48 pm

You're all awesome. Can't wait to start killing everyone's characters off.

I'll resolve Kruhl's turn and keep it moving tonight.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    In the Intest of aid - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue35/35In the Intest of aid - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:01 pm

Josef909 wrote:You're all awesome.  Can't wait to start killing everyone's characters off.

Twisted Evil yes

In the Intest of aid - Page 7 Wipe_t10
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:12 pm

oh, you don't want to kill Sam... I have a much more lethal idea in the works if that happens. Twisted Evil
    Josef909
    Josef909

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Josef909 Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:36 pm

@Chris: Samis currently occupying the space at J-27. Please restate Kruhl's intended end grid. Additionally, LOS will likely become important at a later time, so I will just put this here for the benefit of everyone...

In the Intest of aid - Page 7 Line_o10
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:38 pm

sorry, J-28 then, just north of Sam

I put your LOS and cover image into a new thread, otherwise it will get lost here
    Josef909
    Josef909

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Josef909 Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:33 pm

Great idea, Chris. Thanks for doing that.

I'm not always a complete stickler, but I usually prefer that rules are used if they have been so thoroughly established. Of course GM fiat always supercedes hard rules, but to quote Mark Twain, "Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."

Kruhl sees his Sam in possible distress and rushes to his aid. A natural protector. Perhaps it is Helm The Vigilant One, god of guardians, protection, and protectors, who is his patron in this moment.

As the spirit finally drains from the form of the mindlfayer, the party suddenly hears a chorus of howling calls from behind their position. Deep and powerful in tone, and echoing from somewhere at the other end of the tunnels. The Dwarven figure who once laid atop the slab, subjected to whatever procedure the mindflayer was engaging in, stands up. His gaze is distant and unfocused, and he seems to pay no mind to the events occurring in the Hall of Instruction. He begins to shamble down the stairs at the back of the raised platform.

Crispy's turn.

In the Intest of aid - Page 7 Slide135
    In the Intest of aid - Page 7 Slide237

Initiative
    Sam
    Kruhl
    Dwarf (Green square with purple border for now)
    Crispy
    Floater/Shriekers
    Abagail
    Hawkes

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:40 am

"I've got a bad feeling about this...."
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:21 pm

...yep, me too
    Whitey
    Whitey

Character Information
    Hit points:
    In the Intest of aid - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue30/30In the Intest of aid - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (30/30)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Whitey Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:02 pm

Pyriannix "Crispy"

HP: 29/59
    AC: 17
    Hit Dice 4d8/7d6
    Ki: (3/3)
    Sorcery Points: (3/7)
    Spells:
    1st: (4/4)
    2nd: (1/3)
    3rd: (1/3)
    4th:(1/1)
    Spell DC: 15
    Breath Weapon: 15' Cone of Fire 3d6 1/rest
    DC: 12 vs Dex for 1/2 damage
    Buffs:
    Elemental Affinity: Add CHR bonus to fire spell damage (+3)

Crispy will continue his advance to the upper levels of the arena, pausing at the top of the stairs at M-18 to huck another Fire Bolt at the slimer at Q-27:

Fire Bolt
    cantrip evocation
    Casting Time: 1 action
    Range: 120 feet
    Components: V S
    Duration: Instantaneous
    Classes: Sorcerer, Wizard
    You hurl a mote of fire at a creature or object within range. Make a ranged spell attack against the target. On a hit, the target takes 1d10 fire damage. A flammable object hit by this spell ignites if it isn’t being worn or carried.
    This spell's damage increases by 1d10 when you reach 5th Level (2d10), 11th level (3d10), and 17th level (4d10).

Roll(1d20)+7:
    10,+7
    Total:17

Looks like a hit. Damage:
    Roll(2d10)+3:
    4,5,+3
    Total:12

Press on to K-23 and end turn.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:11 pm

How tall is the statue that Abi's behind?

MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    In the Intest of aid - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue60/112In the Intest of aid - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:44 pm

Avast ye ' scurvy dogs!

Ready to bring Renda back at the next convenient entry point. If it is still going to be a bit I may draft a new character instead of him.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:27 am

Oh shite! I feel sorry for you all evil-doers now! Here comes our liardman barbarian!

In the Intest of aid - Page 7 Lizard10
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:49 am

Saurus ex-machina?
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    In the Intest of aid - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue60/112In the Intest of aid - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:16 pm

Chris wrote:Saurus ex-machina?

Lol, you guys on the ropes? I figured Id slide in after this encounter, but if needed can jump in sooner.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:32 pm

MAS wrote:
    Chris wrote:Saurus ex-machina?

Lol, you guys on the ropes? I figured Id slide in after this encounter, but if needed can jump in sooner.

we have the current room under control, however

Josef909 wrote:You're all awesome. Can't wait to start killing everyone's characters off.

followed by:

Josef909 wrote:
    As the spirit finally drains from the form of the mindlfayer, the party suddenly hears a chorus of howling calls from behind their position.  Deep and powerful in tone, and echoing from somewhere at the other end of the tunnels.  The Dwarven figure who once laid atop the slab, subjected to whatever procedure the mindflayer was engaging in, stands up.  His gaze is distant and unfocused, and he seems to pay no mind to the events occurring in the Hall of Instruction.  He begins to shamble down the stairs at the back of the raised platform.

this was just the exhibition round affraid
    Josef909
    Josef909

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Josef909 Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:47 pm

Crispy takes the steps 2 at a time, slowing only to chuck another fiery ball at the pile of flesh. It lands squarely in one of the creature's many eyes, causing it to cry out and slouch to the ground, motionless. He continues onward towards Sam and Kruhl.

@Rob: I reckon the statue is roughly 20' at the top

@Matt: Heyo, friend! Before we talk about Renda making a recovery from the stomach bug (mustve eaten some bad lamb), are we sure you are able to stay with it?

I myself had a tooth extraction and bone graft done today, so I am feeling like my face got smashed with a bag of nickles.

The last remaining floater retreats behind the pulpit, out of view of everyone, including Hawkes. /wink

Abagail's turn

In the Intest of aid - Page 7 Slide136
    In the Intest of aid - Page 7 Slide238

Initiative
    Sam
    Kruhl
    Crispy
    Floater/Shriekers
    Abagail
    Hawkes

Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:20 pm

Since Abi no longer sees any more foes about, she makes a Dash action up the central staircase. She goes as far as she can go with 60' of movement.

MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:33 pm

@Matt: Heyo, friend!  Before we talk about Renda making a recovery from the stomach bug (mustve eaten some bad lamb), are we sure you are able to stay with it?

Sorry 'bout your face, dental work is the absolute worst. Heal up fast!

It is reasonable to me that you wouldn't be aware that we've traditionally been very flexible about people sliding in and out of games as needed over the last decade of forum play. That being said: I did not condition your participation on any pledge or posting pace when I invited you here to game as friends, I did not show back up trying to condition my participation on "Before we talk about me rejoining the group, are we sure you are able to GM at a reasonable pace?" or "are we sure the other players are able to stay with it", and I will not answer a challenge to my participation made in such a spirit. Not cool.

As for my recent lull in participation, when it became clear that I would not have consistent enough internet access to participate, I informed you directly. There has been ample time to address the situation since it occurred; if it caused deeper disruption/angst than I have been made aware of, nothing has been said, by anyone. If there is additional or unknown friction that needs to be resolved on this matter or others, lets clear it up. Consider that an invitation for anyone that might have something they need to get off their chest.

I'll post any additional OOG traffic in the appropriate thread.
    Josef909
    Josef909

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Josef909 Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:52 pm

Whoa.

I think you misunderstand the intent of my question. What it boils down to is, can I safely scale the difficulty up to accommodate a returning party member?

There has been no angst or friction or anything like that. Is there something deeper going on here?

Edit: I dont think my question was at all unfair either. I wasnt sure if you had a reliable internet connection.
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:24 pm

Josef909 wrote:Whoa.

I think you misunderstand the intent of my question.  What it boils down to is, can I safely scale the difficulty up to accommodate a returning party member?

There has been no angst or friction or anything like that.  Is there something deeper going on here?

Edit:  I dont think my question was at all unfair either.  I wasnt sure if you had a reliable internet connection.

Yes, you can, and that is a fair question phrased as such. I Figured "I am back and ready to play at the nearest convenient point" was clear, ...Which is why I asked if there is something that needs to be resolved between us, because it seemed odd to me - my thought was "why question if the guy who just said he is ready to play is ready to play unless you're making a point". Let's call it honest crossed wires and forget about it.

Josef909
    Josef909

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Josef909 Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:29 pm

Moving along then. Renda stumbles into the hall from the tunnels. Roll initiative.

Abagail may proceed.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:40 am

Josef909 wrote:Abagail may proceed.

More specifically, she wants to get to the rubble at NE side of first staircase. Q-19 if she can. That depends whether she can move diagonally a 5' or 7.5' increments.
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:40 am

Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +3" :

3 + 3 = 6

Will update/Enter stat block in portrait asap
    Josef909
    Josef909

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Josef909 Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:32 am

Robyo wrote:
    More specifically, she wants to get to the rubble at NE side of first staircase. Q-19 if she can. That depends whether she can move diagonally a 5' or 7.5' increments.

Yeah, diagonal movement also counts as 5', so by my count Abagail can make it to Q-19.

Hawkes is no longer subject to the Fear condition for his turn. Go ahead.

In the Intest of aid - Page 7 Slide137
    In the Intest of aid - Page 7 Slide239

Initiative
    Sam
    Kruhl
    Crispy
    Floater/Shriekers
    Abagail
    Hawkes
    Renda
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:21 pm

the noise of approaching doom came from the lower right corner of the map?
    Josef909
    Josef909

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Josef909 Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:00 pm

Yes, it clearly came from the other end of the tunnels.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:09 pm

Josef909 wrote:Yes, it clearly came from the other end of the tunnels.

So, DM Joe, stop me if you think this in inappropriate....

Josh and I were talking this weekend about the general lack of coordination within the party. We have seen this for years on the forum. I know part of it is just the pace which can't be changed.

We also discussed another aspect, which is the absence of "table talk" since we aren't actually all sitting around the same table to plan our efforts as a group. I would like to try and get back to playing as a group a bit more, if we can.

TABLE TALK: we need to flip our positions on the map, to defend the high ground and try to bottleneck the emerging enemies from the tunnels.

there is still 1 floater thing and 1 dwarf zombie thing behind the alter to finish off in order to clear our (new) rear position

Kruhl is happy to be the plug at the gate, if the rest of you want to provide crowd control and fire support?

other thoughts or suggestions?

maybe our fearful fearless leader Hawkes can bark commands?
    Josef909
    Josef909

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Josef909 Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:37 pm

I think a bit of table talk is great actually, and I encourage it, but would prefer it to make narrative sense. That is to say, if something would be understandably established through the history of the characters previously, or if it can be part of the characters interacting during play. Devising a complex strategy or tactics that rely on each other doing certain things without the characters themselves planning seems out of place and antithetical to roleplaying though.

Does that make sense and seem fair?

Edit: if the group were to hear these noises coming from the tunnels, it seems to make sense narratively that they would want to establish favorable positions, so any planning of that sort seems to be fair game.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:04 pm

that makes complete sense Joe.

Sam will pipe up "we need to kill the rest of this lot and block that damned tunnel!" He says this as he wipes the tentacle "juice" off of his face with his sleeve.

"Bloody damned squids...."

Josef909
    Josef909

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Josef909 Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:26 pm

Renda can take his turn while Hawkes is on delay.

Renda emerges from the tunnels, having found his way by virtue of a crudely drawn map from the Proctor. He heard the clamoring howls from the other end of the tunnels as his nose directed him to the Hall of Instruction as well as the voices of his party. As he enters the hall, he sees his clan and a cadre of recently dispatched enemies.
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:34 pm

Stat block on sidebar.

Renda will Dash to get as close to Sam and Kruhl as he can, with 90 ft of move. Bonus action to initiate rage.

Just as mysteriously as Renda vanished during the earlier fight, he suddenly appears again, sprinting forward to feast on his Clan's foes...
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    In the Intest of aid - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue68/68In the Intest of aid - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:53 am

Captain Hawkes

AC AC 18
    Hp 74/74

Spell save 15
    Passive perception 14
    Passive insight 17
    Spell Resistance
    Cannot be surprised
    Immune to stun

Spells:
    1:4
    2:3 x
    3:2 x

Inspiration 3 x
    Maneuvers 4 x
    Adv. persuade 1
    Adv. Con save 1
    Wand 7

Bless 10 rounds xxxX
    +1d4 to attack and save

“This is silly, it’s just a blob with eyes.” Hawkes makes his way further up the ramp to P-20, dashing. “Good thing, I stayed aft, I hear something coming. Regroup and clear the deck of this vermin!”
    Josef909
    Josef909

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Josef909 Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:08 am

@ Matt:  I tried a few different paths for renda and unless you can see otherwise, it seems the furthest he can get is by taking the difficult terrain NW and them proceeding up the stairs.  Let me know if you can find a more efficient route.

Renda springs into action, hustling as quickly as he can towards the largest contingent of the party and working himself up into a frothy rage.  

Hawkes follows suit, issuing the order to finish off the enemy as he pushed towards the upper level via ramp.

Top of the Round
    An unfamiliar voice rings through the Hall, echoing behind the platform.  Deep and gruff, it sounds like it could've been from a male Dwarf.  Whoda thunk it?  An incantation is spoken and the wall at the back of the room shakes.  What once appeared to be nothing more than a wall of stone begins shifting as an opening appears.  The opening is dark with only the slightest source of light in the area that lies beyond.

Sam's turn

In the Intest of aid - Page 7 Slide138
    In the Intest of aid - Page 7 Slide240

Initiative
    Sam
    Kruhl
    Crispy
    Floater/Shriekers
    Abagail
    Hawkes
    Renda
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:21 am

Josef909 wrote:
    Top of the Round
     What once appeared to be nothing more than a wall of stone begins shifting as an opening appears.  The opening is dark with only the slightest source of light in the area that lies beyond.

where is this on the map?
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:38 am

"I'm beginning to think we need that damned chest they showed us"

WE still have a target right?

Sam will launch a Firebolt at the remaining baddie

Roll(1d20)+6:
    10,+6
    Total:16

Not sure if that hits or not.  

Damage if it does:

Roll(2d10)+0:
    10,7,+0
    Total:17

Sam is done for now:

AC: 19
    +2 Studded Leather:
    Saves: Dex. & Int. Immune to Magical Sleep and Advantage vs. Charm spells
    HP: 84; -18
    Movement: 30’
    Initiative: +5

only two remaining spell slots - 1st and 2nd (1 of each) and 1 remaining use of luck

....and I forgot to move Sam (which was intended) - please place him at F-35

Last edited by whit10 on Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Josef909
    Josef909

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Josef909 Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:07 pm

@chris: I forgot to mark it on the map. The opening is created on the wall behind the pulpit. It is roughly 10'' wide and 15' tall.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:03 pm

Josef909 wrote:@chris:  I forgot to mark it on the map.  The opening is created on the wall behind the pulpit.  It is roughly 10'' wide and 15' tall.

thanks!

Kruhl has spent so many actions running around, I wanted to know which way to go next lol!
    Josef909
    Josef909

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Josef909 Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:13 pm

Chris wrote:
    Josef909 wrote:@chris:  I forgot to mark it on the map.  The opening is created on the wall behind the pulpit.  It is roughly 10'' wide and 15' tall.

thanks!

Kruhl has spent so many actions running around, I wanted to know which way to go next lol!

The wonders of a large battlemap. I have indicated on the map where the opening has been created, using the same colors as those marking the Dwarf.

Sam moves northwest, slowing only to hurl a firebolt at the last floater. The smoldering dart smashes into the creature and it wails in pain as it takes its first damage of the battle. 30' of movement gets him to F-33.

Kruhl is up.

In the Intest of aid - Page 7 Slide139
    In the Intest of aid - Page 7 Slide241

Initiative
    Sam
    Kruhl
    Crispy
    Floater/Shriekers
    Abagail
    Hawkes
    Renda
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:20 pm

That's fine, if we were around a table it would be an easy fix, and so shall it be here. Where would you like sam to end his turn?

Whoops, I edited your move request. My bad.
    Josef909
    Josef909

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Josef909 Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:23 pm

See above. Bad DM.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:35 pm

no, good DM - dumb player. lol

I had actually meant for Sam to move to F-27, but somehow that got mixed up. Your call man
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:02 pm

Thanks for the update!
    Just to clear, the noise we heard came from that opening? Or was there also noise in tunnels behind us? (Direction of W)
    Josef909
    Josef909

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Josef909 Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:09 pm

@Chris: the chorus of howls you heard when the mindflayer died echoed from the tunnels that you used to enter the hall. The dwarven voice you heard prior to the wall opening up was that of the dwarf descending the stairs to the back of the podium.

@Josh: I will adjust Sam to F-27 on the next map update.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:21 pm

"Incoming!"  Kruhl shouts as he moves to plug the new doorway

As a bonus action, Kruhl casts Shield of Faith on himself which ends his concentration on Bless.

Shield of Faith
    1 Abjuration

Casting Time: 1 bonus action
       Range: 60 feet
       Components: V S M (A small parchment with a bit of holy text written on it)
       Duration: Up to 10 minutes
       Classes: Cleric, Paladin
       A shimmering field appears and surrounds a creature of your choice within range, granting it a +2 bonus to AC for the duration.

Chris wrote:Kruhl

saves:  Cha +12, Wis +8, all +4 from aura.  Dex +9 (shield master)
    Passive Perception 14
    Auras:  Protection (cha to all saves 10ft) and Hatred (+cha damage fiends\undead 10ft)
    Spell\channel save DC = 16

AC =  20   (breastplate +1, shield +1, dex +2)
    HP: 82/82

Paladin Spells
    1st = 2/4
    2nd = 2/3

Warlock 2/2

HP: 87/87
    AC:  22 (shield of faith)  1\100 rds duration (10 minutes)

Kruhl advances to K-34 which puts him in range of both the floater and the dwarf.

Kruhl will attack twice with his warhammer, starting with the injured Floater, then the dwarf if the floater dies

warhammer +2 =  +10 1d8+12  x2 attacks

Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +10" :

4 + 10 = 14

if that hits,  damage

Result of the throw of dice "1d8 +12" :

2 + 12 = 14

2nd swing

Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +10" :

17 + 10 = 27

if that hits, damage

Result of the throw of dice "1d8 +12" :

7 + 12 = 19

Kruhl is finished
    Josef909
    Josef909

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Josef909 Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:22 pm

The words of Proctor Gamble rise up into Kruhl's memory as he considers his target... "Unfortunately, Magister Vellum would have the greatest ability to unlock the secrets of the artifact, but he was turned donkey-brained when the Mindflayer launched their counterattack at the temple. Nobody has seen him since then and I can only assume he is either enslaved, turned by mindmagic, or dead." and "Go to the temple, destroy the evil, and bring back Vellum if you can. It would be considered a grand gesture to our people and you would be handsomely rewarded. That is how you all can help us."

He moves towards the floater with purpose, bringing his warhammer down upon the creature. The first attack glances off his enemy (AC15), but he realigns the arc of his swing and makes good with his second attempt.

Dwarf's turn coming later tonight.

In the Intest of aid - Page 7 Slide140
    In the Intest of aid - Page 7 Slide242

Initiative
    Sam
    Kruhl
    Crispy
    Floater/Shriekers
    Abagail
    Hawkes
    Renda

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:50 am