Chris
Robyo
7 posters

In the Intest of aid

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    In the Intest of aid - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue35/35In the Intest of aid - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    In the Intest of aid - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue0/0In the Intest of aid - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

In the Intest of aid - Page 8 Empty Re: In the Intest of aid

Post  Chris Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:41 pm

Oh geez, thanks for the friendly reminder!
    Josef909
    Josef909

Character Information
    Hit points:
    In the Intest of aid - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue86/98In the Intest of aid - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (86/98)
    Action Points:
    In the Intest of aid - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue11/11In the Intest of aid - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (11/11)
    Character Sheet:

Post  Josef909 Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:09 pm

Y'all can do whatever you like, and I'm not sure if reminding the party of forgotten narrative beats is something a DM should or should not do, but I felt like it doing it anyways.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    In the Intest of aid - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue19/19In the Intest of aid - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    In the Intest of aid - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue1/0In the Intest of aid - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:36 am

that's why I mentioned the 'box' again... I had completely forgotten about that bit
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    In the Intest of aid - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue35/35In the Intest of aid - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    In the Intest of aid - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue0/0In the Intest of aid - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:06 pm

Honestly, speaking as the most-frequent GM, it is required on the forum.

The narrative about Vellum was given on July 22, nearly 5 full months ago. I try to be a good player but I had totally forgotten the mission beyond "kill the mindflayers" and had no clue what "box" Josh was even talking about.

Just for my sake, are the mission parameters as follows?

rescue Vellum (this dwarf next to Kruhl)
    find the artifact box
    kill mindflayers
    return Vellum and box to PG

anything else?
    Josef909
    Josef909

Character Information
    Hit points:
    In the Intest of aid - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue86/98In the Intest of aid - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (86/98)
    Action Points:
    In the Intest of aid - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue11/11In the Intest of aid - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (11/11)
    Character Sheet:

Post  Josef909 Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:19 pm

The chest is in possession of Proctor Gamble, although he has been unsuccessful in opening it. The party even had a chance to inspect it.

He asked that the party investigate and deal with the current array of interlopers, and to bring back Vellum if possible.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:37 pm

Thanks!
    Whitey
    Whitey

Character Information
    Hit points:
    In the Intest of aid - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue30/30In the Intest of aid - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (30/30)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Whitey Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:25 pm

I appreciate the review as well...and it’s the dwarfs turn, and then Crispy, yeah?
    Josef909
    Josef909

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Josef909 Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:49 pm

Correct. Once hockey is over I'll take care of the dwarf's turn.
    Josef909
    Josef909

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Josef909 Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:03 am

The dwarf looks down at the bottom of the stairway, his eyes glassed over with grey pupils. A stark difference from the twinkling light that can usually be found in the eyes of his people. He opts to climb down the open side of the stairs and makes his way towards the opening he has created at the back of the room as he begins to chant in a low tone.

The echoing howls from the southeastern tunnels seem to grow louder.

Kruhl has the option to take an attack of opportunity if he wishes. After that decision has been made, Crispy may act.

In the Intest of aid - Page 8 Slide141
    In the Intest of aid - Page 8 Slide243

Initiative
    Sam
    Kruhl
    Dwarf (Green square with purple border for now)
    Crispy
    Floater/Shriekers
    Abagail
    Hawkes
    Renda
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:00 am

Kruhl will take an Opportunity Attack on Vellum.

War Caster allows Kruhl to use a single target spell in lieu of a melee attack.  

Eldritch Blast + Grasp of Hadar + Agonizing Blast (if required) invocation to pull him 10 ft towards Kruhl if it hits

Kruhl wants to stop whatever madness the dwarf is trying to call down upon us.  He reaches out instinctively to grab the dwarf as he flees.  Kruhl doesn't really want to hurt the mentally-enslaved Magister, but his malice gets the better of him

Eldritch blast + grasp of Hadar + agonizing blast (if required)

Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +8" :

19 + 8 = 27

if that hits, damage

Result of the throw of dice "1d10+4" :

6 + 4 = 10

Vellum is pulled back 10 ft towards Kruhl at the point when he leaves Kruhl's threat radius

__________________________________________________________________________________________

study  GM question - can Kruhl intentionally do LESS damage?  I would do as minimal damage as possible

Agonizing Blast adds CHA to damage

It doesn't say anywhere that I see that Invocations are optional once taken.  But it also doesn't say that you must apply an Invocation either.

I would NOT apply Agonizing Blast if possible to reduce the +4 to damage

here is the description

Eldritch Invocations
    In your study of occult lore, you have unearthed Eldritch Invocations, fragments of forbidden knowledge that imbue you with an abiding magical ability.

At 2nd Level, you gain two Eldritch Invocations of your choice. Your invocation options are detailed at the end of the class description. When you gain certain Warlock levels, you gain additional invocations of your choice.

Additionally, when you gain a level in this class, you can choose one of the invocations you know and replace it with another invocation that you could learn at that level. A level prerequisite in an invocation refers to Warlock level, not character level.

I guess I always assumed they were optional additions but the wording isn't clear.  For example, if you have Repelling Blast, do you ALWAYS push someone back 10ft?  or do you have the option to do the push or not each time you cast it?
    Josef909
    Josef909

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Josef909 Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:49 pm

Very interesting questions and I really don't know how warlocks work particularly well, so I will parse them separately and allow you to persuade me with a logical argument if you think I am misinterpreting the rules.

Agonizing Blast
    When you cast eldritch blast, add your Charisma modifier to the damage it deals on a hit.

To me, this reads that if you have chosen agonizing blast as an invocation, the damage is added to eldritch blast as a matter of fact.  It is passive rather than optional.  Let me know if you can dig up anything official that indicates otherwise.

In regards to doing less damage by choice, I can't seem to find anything in the rules to support that either.  The only related rule looks to be the following:

Knocking a Creature Out
    Sometimes an attacker wants to incapacitate a foe, rather than deal a killing blow.  When the attacker reduces a creature to 0 hit points with a melee attack, the attacker can knock the creature out.  The attacker can make this choice the instant the damage is dealt.  The creature falls unconscious and is stable.

So that seems pretty clear that the decision point is when a creature would hit 0 HP from a melee attack.

In regards to the last question about repelling blast, the invocation reads as follows:  

Repelling Blast
    When you hit a creature with eldritch blast, you can push the creature up to 10 feet away from you in a straight line.

I think this bolsters my ruling above on agonizing blast, as in this instance the operative word "can" has been purposefully used.

Neat little deep dive into a few rules and how it is intended to weave them together.  Having said all that, what you are asking for does not break the game or attempt to take advantage of a rules loophole, so let's make it interesting.  CHA is the warlock's casting ability modifier, but let's see if you have the mental acuity to hold back on the power of your evocation.  d20 + INT modifier please.

That took some time to untangle, but I learned a bunch. Thanks for that!
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:00 pm

I agree with your thoughts, no arguments here.

D20 Int check

Roll(1d20)+-1:
    3,+-1
    Total:2

Lol, worth a try. I forgot about the KO option, i will use that next time

Good job!
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    In the Intest of aid - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue19/19In the Intest of aid - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    In the Intest of aid - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue1/0In the Intest of aid - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:39 pm

I'm going to be in the Rockford area for the next week so I won't be able to take Sam's turn. Chris, could you do so? I'm sure you can manage him; he should be updated.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:12 pm

Sure, np
    Josef909
    Josef909

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Josef909 Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:51 am

Someone will need to sub in for Crispy as well for a bit.
    Josef909
    Josef909

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Josef909 Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:45 pm

Back to it then...

Kruhl sees the Dwarf moving towards the recently formed opening at the back of the Hall. He sends out a necrotic beam which strikes. The beam of energy turns dark in color and Kruhl is able to rope him back, preventing him from venturing forward into the relative darkness.

Crispy's turn. Who wants to volunteer?

In the Intest of aid - Page 8 Slide142
    In the Intest of aid - Page 8 Slide244

Initiative
    Sam
    Kruhl
    Crispy
    Floater/Shriekers
    Abagail
    Hawkes
    Renda
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:34 pm

I will. Just give me until tonight to run him. Have to acquaint myself with his character sheet.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:36 pm

ok, I think I figured this out... If I'm off on something, I'm sure it will be pointed out.

Crispy will spend a Ki point to Dash to P-33 (as a bonus action) and then he will launch a Firebolt at the remaining baddie (not the dwarf)

attack roll:

Roll(1d20)+7:
    15,+7
    Total:22

Damage (if that hits)

Roll(2d10)+0:
    9,6,+0
    Total:15

He is done for now.  

...getting low on spells as well. As I believe everyone is
    Josef909
    Josef909

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Josef909 Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:29 am

Crispy flanks the last floater from the other side and fires off another smoldering mote, which explodes into a shower of sparks as it finds its target.

The floater shrieks out in agony and sends 3 eye rays out before it retreats into the newly created opening.  The cacophony of horror continues to rise at the party's original entrance tunnel.

The Green and Purple rays barely spend any time in transit, hitting Kruhl at point blank range.  Kruhl, please make a DexSV and a StrSV.

The Blue ray screams towards Crispy in retaliation for the damage he just caused.  Crispy, (or Josh, if you don't mind) please make a ConSv for Crispy.

Abagail's turn.

In the Intest of aid - Page 8 Slide143
    In the Intest of aid - Page 8 Slide245

Initiative
    Sam
    Kruhl
    Crispy
    Floater/Shriekers
    Abagail
    Hawkes
    Renda
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:45 am

Abi makes a Dash up the steps to R-29.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:15 am

Josef909 wrote:

The Green and Purple rays barely spend any time in transit, hitting Kruhl at point blank range.  Kruhl, please make a DexSV and a StrSV.

Dex SV, with shield master
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +9" :

15 + 9 = 24

Str SV
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +4" :

6 + 4 = 10

whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:26 am

Crispy's Con save:

Roll(1d20)+1:
    14,+1
    Total:15
    Josef909
    Josef909

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Josef909 Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:43 pm

As the Blue ray strikes Crispy, he begins to feel overwhelmed.  It is as if he can't control his ability to respond to the stimuli around him.  Just as soon as the sensations begin, however, the power of his own fortitude take back over and he suffers no long term effect.

When the purple and green rays connect with Kruhl, his mind begins to blur as if he has had one too many drinks.  Processing the action in the room is difficult and everything seems to speed up. He feels unable to act quickly enough to respond.  His fleetness of foot and mind return at the same instant that he feels himself being lifted off the ground.  Up, up, and away.  The party can see Kruhl hovering 20' in the air and moving closer to Sam.  When the creature disappears into the opening and breaks line of sight, Kruhl drops suddenly to the ground taking 8 damage from the fall.

Abagail continues moving forward as swiftly as possible, finding herself against a fallen slab of stone that was dislodged from the ceiling.

Captain Hawkes. You may continue.

In the Intest of aid - Page 8 Slide144
    In the Intest of aid - Page 8 Slide246

Initiative
    Sam
    Kruhl
    Crispy
    Floater/Shriekers
    Abagail
    Hawkes
    Renda
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:49 pm

Josef909 wrote:
    When the purple and green rays connect with Kruhl, his mind begins to blur as if he has had one too many drinks.  Processing the action in the room is difficult and everything seems to speed up.  He feels unable to act quickly enough to respond.  His fleetness of foot and mind return at the same instant that he feels himself being lifted off the ground.  Up, up, and away.  The party can see Kruhl hovering 20' in the air and moving closer to Sam.  When the creature disappears into the opening and breaks line of sight, Kruhl drops suddenly to the ground taking 8 damage from the fall.

THUD.... ouch

Chris wrote:Kruhl

saves:  Cha +12, Wis +8, all +4 from aura.  Dex +9 (shield master)
    Passive Perception 14
    Auras:  Protection (cha to all saves 10ft) and Hatred (+cha damage fiends\undead 10ft)
    Spell\channel save DC = 16

AC =  20   (breastplate +1, shield +1, dex +2)
    HP: 82/82

Paladin Spells
    1st = 2/4
    2nd = 2/3

Warlock 2/2

HP: 79/87
    AC:  22 (shield of faith)  1\100 rds duration (10 minutes)

I love the descriptions of the effects or resistances cheers
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:00 pm

so do I, great job Joe!
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    In the Intest of aid - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue68/68In the Intest of aid - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:53 pm

Captain Hawkes

AC AC 18
    Hp 74/74

Spell save 15
    Passive perception 14
    Passive insight 17
    Spell Resistance
    Cannot be surprised
    Immune to stun

Spells:
    1:4
    2:3 x
    3:2 xX

Inspiration 3 x
    Maneuvers 4 x
    Adv. persuade 1
    Adv. Con save 1
    Wand 7

Joe, would you agree that it’s reasonable that a shatter spell can cave in a small corridor? If it is reasonable that Hawkes would think he can, he will backtrack to within 60’ of the southeastern entrance and attempt to cave it In. Shatter as a 3rd level spell.
    Result of the throw of dice "4d8" :

5 + 5 + 5 + 6 = 21
    Josef909
    Josef909

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Josef909 Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:04 pm

Oh, that is awesome. Hawkes hears the screams and howls of an untold number of approaching enemies. He hustles 20' ahead, enough to get within range of the tunnels behind them. He claps his hands together, causing a sudden burst of ringing sound. The previously damaged sections wall and tunnels further give way as their structural integrity fail, leaving behind a collapsed entrance. Hawkes is satisfied with the result as intended. He also has movement remaining if he would like.

Renda!

In the Intest of aid - Page 8 Slide145
    In the Intest of aid - Page 8 Slide247

Initiative
    Sam
    Kruhl
    Crispy
    Floater/Shriekers
    Abagail
    Hawkes
    Renda
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:35 am

Nice use of Shatter! cheers
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    In the Intest of aid - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue68/68In the Intest of aid - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:34 pm

Thanks. Hawkes will head back towards his previous location. “We have a path, a quarry, and a... hound” indicating the dwarf. “Keep him close.”
    Josef909
    Josef909

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Josef909 Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:51 am

Sam may take his turn while Renda is on delay.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:25 am

Sam will help Kruhl get to his feet and then move over to the opening (he can't move there and actually do much of anything this turn with the actions he has and the distance it is)

He'll end at I-33 unless something impedes him

AC: 19
    +2 Studded Leather
    Saves: Dex. & Int. Immune to Magical Sleep and Advantage vs. Charm spells
    HP: 84; -18
    Movement: 30’
    Initiative: +5
    Currently down 3 1st level spell slots and 1 2nd level; one use of Luck remaining
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:33 am

30 ft move
    action - dash for another 30ft
    cunning action - another dash for 30ft

scratch sure looks like Sam can go wherever he wants...
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:07 pm

dammit, forgot the stupid Dash bonus action again....

Ok, strike that. Sam will use a bonus action to Dash to the opening and look to see if there is any target for a Fire bolt.

Attack action pending on what Sam sees. Let me know if you need a Perception check
    Josef909
    Josef909

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Josef909 Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:15 pm

We, the players, cant see the floater retreating into the mouth of the opening, but sam can. It's just past where the map cuts off, so you can go ahead and consider it in the next square past the map cutoff.

whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:48 pm

Assuming the floater is still in range, Sam will send a Firebolt at him.

Attack Roll:

Roll(1d20)+6:
    4,+6
    Total:10

lol... uh, nevermind, that's a miss and Sam isn't wasting his last use of luck.

Done
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    In the Intest of aid - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue60/112In the Intest of aid - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:20 pm

Renda moves 45 ft straight towards the purple box (I think that's the enemy?) then ready action: Attack condition: enemy passes through or ends turn in melee range
    Josef909
    Josef909

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Josef909 Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:02 pm

I have to guess at character speeds unless they are included in statblocks. Correct me if I get them wrong. Also, it would be helpful if everyone would specifically state where their desired ending position during movement.

Hawkes collapses the tunnels in and moves his remaining 10' back toward his original position. Sam advances towards the opening at the north end of the room. He skirts past the dwarf to get an unimpeded view of the floater before letting fly with his firebolt. The smell of damp air and slight decay fills his senses, distracting him enough to completely miss his target.

Renda charges up the stairs towards the platform. He must be able to sense there is something going on behind it, although he cannot see. He prepares to retaliate against any foe that crosses his path.

Kruhl's turn.

In the Intest of aid - Page 8 Slide146
    In the Intest of aid - Page 8 Slide248

Initiative
    Sam
    Kruhl
    Crispy
    Floater/Shriekers
    Abagail
    Hawkes
    Renda
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:31 pm

Chris wrote:Kruhl

saves:  Cha +12, Wis +8, all +4 from aura.  Dex +9 (shield master)
    Passive Perception 14
    SPD: 30ft
    Auras:  Protection (cha to all saves 10ft) and Hatred (+cha damage fiends\undead 10ft)
    Spell\channel save DC = 16

AC =  20   (breastplate +1, shield +1, dex +2)
    HP: 82/82

Paladin Spells
    1st = 2/4
    2nd = 2/3

Warlock 2/2

HP: 79/87
    AC:  22 (shield of faith)  2\100 rds duration (10 minutes)

Kruhl will move 30ft to J-35, next to the mindless dwarf and swing at him twice with his warhammer in an effort to subdue him

Josef909 wrote:
    Knocking a Creature Out
    Sometimes an attacker wants to incapacitate a foe, rather than deal a killing blow.  When the attacker reduces a creature to 0 hit points with a melee attack, the attacker can knock the creature out.  The attacker can make this choice the instant the damage is dealt.  The creature falls unconscious and is stable.

So that seems pretty clear that the decision point is when a creature would hit 0 HP from a melee attack.

warhammer +2 =  +10 1d8+12  x2 attacks m\b (magical\bludgeoning)

1st swing
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +10" :

14 + 10 = 24

non-lethal damage, if that hits
    Result of the throw of dice "1d8 +12" :

5 + 12 = 17 m\b

2nd swing
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +10" :

19 + 10 = 29

non-lethal damage, if that hits
    Result of the throw of dice "1d8 +12" :

2 + 12 = 14 m\b

Kruhl is finished
    Josef909
    Josef909

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Josef909 Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:26 am

Kruhl closes the distance.  The first blow comes down atop the left shoulder of the dwarf with expert precision and the following swing across the jawline hits the sleep button on his target.  The dwarf collapses unconscious onto the ground as his tattered robes begin to soak up the small bit of bleeding coming from the shoulder.

Nicely done.  The room seems to have been cleared of imminent danger, with the remaining floater fleeing.  It is in the grid square 10' plan north of Sam.

Who wants to post for Crispy?

In the Intest of aid - Page 8 Slide147

Initiative
    Sam
    Kruhl
    Dwarf (Unconscious)
    Crispy
    Floater
    Abagail
    Hawkes
    Renda
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:35 pm

since I can't think of anything for Crispy to do right now, he'll advance to N-35 and be ready to blast anything that tries to come through the door.

done
    Josef909
    Josef909

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Josef909 Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:32 pm

Crispy moves up and prepares for the unknown. The last remaining floater moves deeper into the dimly lit room that lies ahead.

Abagail's turn.

In the Intest of aid - Page 8 Slide148

Initiative
    Sam
    Kruhl
    Crispy
    Floater/Shriekers
    Abagail
    Hawkes
    Renda
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:32 pm

Did Abi get eyes on the floater before it exited? If so, she will fire a Seeking Arrow at it.

Either way, she moves up to 0-34, next to Crispy.

Abigail: Sea-Elf Fighter

AC: 18
    HP: 74/74
    Pass Perc: 14
    Init: +5
    Blessed: +1d4 to Attacks and Saves
    Action Surge: 0
    Josef909
    Josef909

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Josef909 Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:04 am

Seeking Arrow. Using divination magic, you grant your arrow the ability to seek out your target, allowing the arrow to curve and twist its path in search of its prey. When you use this option, you don’t make an attack roll for the attack. Instead, choose one creature you have seen in the past minute. The arrow flies toward that creature, moving around corners if necessary and ignoring three-quarters cover and half cover. If the target is within the weapon’s range and there is a path large enough for the arrow to travel to the target, the target must make a Dexterity saving throw. On a failed save, it takes damage as if it were hit by the arrow, plus an extra 1d6 force damage, and you learn the target’s current location. On a successful save, the target takes half as much damage, and you don’t learn its location.
    The force damage increases to 2d6 when you reach 18th level in this class.

Hell yeah. Abi clearly had eyes on the last remaining floater earlier in the combat. She draws back and moves up to flank Crispy, pauses a beat, and imbues her shot with arcane intent. The arrow shoots through the opening, continuing 15' forward before curving to the right. Please roll Damage. Abi can sense the arrow struck its unsuspecting target and knows the creature is 25' North and 10' East of her position.

Hawkes!

In the Intest of aid - Page 8 Hol03710

Initiative
    Sam
    Kruhl
    Crispy
    Floater/Shriekers
    Abagail
    Hawkes
    Renda
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:01 pm

Cool!

Abi's Longbow damage: Result of the throw of dice "1d8" : 5 +  6 = 11 Piercing + Result of the throw of dice "1d6" : 4 Force.

Total: 11 Piercing + 4 Force damage.

Abigail: Sea-Elf Fighter

AC: 18
    HP: 74/74
    Pass Perc: 14
    Init: +5
    Blessed: +1d4 to Attacks and Saves
    Action Surge: 0
    Arcane Shot: 1/2 uses
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:33 pm

Rob, cool ability, well-played cheers
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:16 pm

Captain Hawkes

AC AC 18
    Hp 74/74

Spell save 15
    Passive perception 14
    Passive insight 17
    Spell Resistance
    Cannot be surprised
    Immune to stun

Spells:
    1:4
    2:3 x
    3:2 xX

Inspiration 3 x
    Maneuvers 4 x
    Adv. persuade 1
    Adv. Con save 1
    Wand 7

Hawkes dashes up the stairs to p-29. “Give chase, but with caution.” Hawkes casts healing word on Crispy, “hang in there old friend, you’re doing Great.”
    Result of the throw of dice "1d4 +3" :

3 + 3 = 6
    Josef909
    Josef909

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Josef909 Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:26 pm

Map update to Hawkes' position after work.

Crispy feels a small surge of rejuvenation wash across himself with Hawkes' words as the captain closes ranks.

Renda's acute sense of smell detects rotting flesh and decay coming from the opening in the wall.

Renda's turn!

Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:44 pm

Chris wrote:Rob, cool ability, well-played cheers

Thank you, Sir! Laughing
    Josef909
    Josef909

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Josef909 Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:20 pm

Sam can go ahead while Renda is on delay.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:53 pm

though Sam is not normally this brave, he'll go down the tunnel, or whatever this is, after the floater. Sam will try to be stealthy about this...

Stealth:

Roll(1d20)+13:
    15,+13
    Total:28

I'll finish his turn after finding out what Sam can see (let me know if a Perception check is needed)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 5:57 am