Chris
Robyo
7 posters

In the Intest of aid

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    In the Intest of aid - Page 14 Left_bar_bleue35/35In the Intest of aid - Page 14 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    In the Intest of aid - Page 14 Left_bar_bleue0/0In the Intest of aid - Page 14 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

In the Intest of aid - Page 14 Empty Re: In the Intest of aid

Post  Chris Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:38 pm

Chris wrote:Kruhl

saves: Cha +12, Wis +8, all +4 from aura. Dex +9 (shield master)
    Passive Perception 14
    SPD: 30ft
    Auras: Protection (cha to all saves 10ft) and Hatred (+cha damage fiends\undead 10ft)
    Spell\channel save DC = 16

AC = 20 (breastplate +1, shield +1, dex +2)
    HP: 82/82

Paladin Spells
    1st = 2/4
    2nd = 2/3

Warlock 2/2

HP: 53/87
    AC: 22 (shield of faith) 8\100 rds duration (10 minutes)

LoH used 24\40
    Hex used 0/1 for the day

@Sam - Kruhl can do a quick 24 from Lay on Hands, then more from spells if needed

Chris wrote:

Hex Warrior ability

If the cursed target dies, you regain hit points equal to your warlock level + your Charisma modifier.

Kruhl regains 6 HP when Haun died
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    In the Intest of aid - Page 14 Left_bar_bleue19/19In the Intest of aid - Page 14 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    In the Intest of aid - Page 14 Left_bar_bleue1/0In the Intest of aid - Page 14 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:47 pm

Kruhl, 24 should be fine for now. Thank you! Sam is back to full strength
    Josef909
    Josef909

Character Information
    Hit points:
    In the Intest of aid - Page 14 Left_bar_bleue86/98In the Intest of aid - Page 14 Empty_bar_bleue  (86/98)
    Action Points:
    In the Intest of aid - Page 14 Left_bar_bleue11/11In the Intest of aid - Page 14 Empty_bar_bleue  (11/11)
    Character Sheet:

Post  Josef909 Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:33 pm

He kicks at one of the limp tentacles. "Sent by Gamble? Well, it looks like I am lucky he did! This creature still stinks of evil."

The dwarf looks at Kruhl as a smirk creeps across his face. The smirk begins to falter as he looks around the room, recognizing his surroundings and seeing the weakened and deceased kinfolk chained around the room. He moves to a nearby body. lifts the chin, and holds back a tear. Clearly someone he knows well.

"I don't know how I got here, or what has been happening. How many more are there like this? Where are the rest of my people?", he laments.

"I think I know why I was headed this way", he says as he approaches Hawkes. He indicates that he would like to step behind the sarcophagus. "If you wouldn't mind, please."

navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    In the Intest of aid - Page 14 Left_bar_bleue68/68In the Intest of aid - Page 14 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    In the Intest of aid - Page 14 Left_bar_bleue0/0In the Intest of aid - Page 14 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:38 pm

Hawkes steps aside with a flourish and turns a hidden admonishing look to the crew before turning to watch the Dwarf pass. Hawkes will not mentally be out of combat until his fully supplied ship is a mile from shore.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    In the Intest of aid - Page 14 Left_bar_bleue35/35In the Intest of aid - Page 14 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:30 pm

Kruhl will casually move to be as close to as many crew members as possible, just in case
    Whitey
    Whitey

Character Information
    Hit points:
    In the Intest of aid - Page 14 Left_bar_bleue30/30In the Intest of aid - Page 14 Empty_bar_bleue  (30/30)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Whitey Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:10 pm

Crispy will close ranks with Kruhl and the others.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    In the Intest of aid - Page 14 Left_bar_bleue68/68In the Intest of aid - Page 14 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:53 am

“You’re uh... awfully nonchalant about the ... uh ... possession and all.”
    Josef909
    Josef909

Character Information
    Hit points:
    In the Intest of aid - Page 14 Left_bar_bleue86/98In the Intest of aid - Page 14 Empty_bar_bleue  (86/98)
    Action Points:
    In the Intest of aid - Page 14 Left_bar_bleue11/11In the Intest of aid - Page 14 Empty_bar_bleue  (11/11)
    Character Sheet:

Post  Josef909 Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:33 am

The Dwarf pauses next to Hawkes. "I suppose I am. I hope I haven't done anything wrong? The last thing I remember is being in the Hall of Instruction when a group of Mindflayers and their pets descended upon us."

He looks back toward the figure he recognized. "Henrik was one of my most accomplished warriors. Adept with a weapon and spell alike. And I think that is Burnhelm over there", he says as he points further along the wall to the west. "He was the funny one, but his defensive prowess was unmatched."

"My last memory is of a voice inside my own head, then....darkness. I have never before in my life lost control of my own mind. He shakes his head in disbelief.

"Are all the other vile creatures destroyed and dealt with? Where is Gamble now?"

He looks at the group with questions in his eyes.
    Whitey
    Whitey

Character Information
    Hit points:
    In the Intest of aid - Page 14 Left_bar_bleue30/30In the Intest of aid - Page 14 Empty_bar_bleue  (30/30)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Whitey Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:44 am

“Umm...yeah...I think so?? Well...uhh...Hawkes caved in a tunnel on some of them, so uhh...maybe not? We don’t really have a uhh good, you know, way out of here...I think?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:08 am

"We should probably rest for a bit before we attempt to move out. I think we all could use an hour or so of down time to recover our strength and our wits."

suggest short rest - remember we can recover lots of HP this way and some abilities
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    In the Intest of aid - Page 14 Left_bar_bleue19/19In the Intest of aid - Page 14 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    In the Intest of aid - Page 14 Left_bar_bleue1/0In the Intest of aid - Page 14 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:02 am

"why don't we take that rest back among friendlier company... then we can get this bloke back to his people?" pipes up Sam
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:07 am

whit10 wrote:"why don't we take that rest back among friendlier company... then we can get this bloke back to his people?" pipes up Sam

"We are not among friendlier company, good Sam. We are trapped deep underground in Flayer- occupied territory. Last time I checked, there were enemies between us and the way out."
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:44 am

god this game would be better with nukes.... "just nuke it from orbit, only way to be sure"
    Josef909
    Josef909

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Josef909 Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:44 pm

The Dwarf waves his hand towards the west side of the room. "There is a way out over there. A secret passage that will lead us to a hidden stairway down the cliff face. I can get us away from the temple. I assume Gamble has our forces surrounding the main temple entrance?"
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:08 pm

"I think that was his plan... we were supposed to find and save you. Let's get out while we can"
    Whitey
    Whitey

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Whitey Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:57 am

“I’ll go...last. I can cover our...Umm...escape”
    Josef909
    Josef909

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Josef909 Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:02 pm

The Dwarf nods his head at Crispy. "Very good", he says.

"Where are my manners? I haven't even introduced myself. My name is Franc Vellum. I am the Magister of Bhornalduhr. As I mentioned before, we were studying an artifact we...'liberated' from a roaming group of these filthy savages", he says as he points down to Haun's corpse.

"We did not expect to be set upon by more of their kind. A battle erupted as we tried to fight them off. Then, suddenly, everything goes blank. If it is as you all have said, and I was under the control of them, it would make sense to protect ourselves as well as we can."

He steps towards the writing on the wall and begins tracing his fingertips along some of the runes as they begin to glow. He closes his eyes and softly speaks an incantation that causes the entire wall of script to illuminate.

The lid of the sarcophagus begins to shift ever so slightly, until it has opened enough for him to turn around and peer inside.

"Is there anything else you should be telling me before we set off to safety?"
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:36 pm

someone who has a better short term memory than me should respond to him.... Very Happy
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:27 pm

"The timeline of when you were lost to darkness is unclear to me. The entire city was sacked by these Flayers, your people have been killed, taken prisoner, fled or are hiding. These beasts roam the streets in packs hunting any survivors. The castle flew a distress flag, which is how we got involved.... uh.... these heroes freed me from a volcanic prison and thwarted the return of a fire god bent on burning the world.... but that is another story."
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:48 am

“There’s some expectation that coming here to rescue you will also lead to opening the artifact, or at least understanding its purpose.”
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:00 pm

"Well met Franc. I am Abigail of the Sea Elves. We expect to be well-rewarded for all of our efforts."
    Josef909
    Josef909

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Josef909 Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:25 am

Vellum nods as his face grows long.  "And so shall you be, Sea Elf."  His gaze turns toward the Captain.  "I was studying the chest before the attack on our temple.  I haven't been able to decipher the runes, much less know their origin.  I can say, however, that it exudes an aura of incredible power.  Perhaps if I were given more time when we return to the Keep."

He reaches into the sarcophagus and brings forth a ring, a wand, and a necklace.  "We may very well need these if we come across any more of them", he says as he motions toward Haun's corpse.  "The ring offers the wearer the ability to cast counterspell, the necklace is good if you need to be slippery, and this wand...?  This wand will show us the way out."  He offers the items to the group in aid of their escape.

*meta-alert*  You have a Ring of Counterspell, a Wand of Secrets and a Necklace of Assisted Escape.  Distribute them as you see fit

"I hate to leave my kinfolk here, but this might be the best place for them to stay if it as you say it is outside these walls.  Take the wand, go to the center of the west wall, and find the door to the hidden stairs.  If we are lucky, we can make our way to Gamble unseen."

Necklace of Assisted Escape
    This necklace has 5 charges for the following properties. It regains 1d4 + 1 expended charges daily at dawn. While wearing the necklace, you can use your reaction to expend 1 charge and gain advantage on a saving throw you make to avoid being paralyzed or restrained, or you can expend 1 charge and gain advantage on any check you make to escape a grapple.
    Wand of Secrets
    The wand has 3 charges. While holding it, you can use an action to expend 1 of its charges, and if a secret door or trap is within 30 feet of you, the wand pulses and points at the one nearest to you. The wand regains 1d3 expended charges daily at dawn.
    Ring of Counterspell
    This ring allows you to cast Counterspell at 4th level once per day, regaining the expended spell daily at dawn.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:14 am

Are those homebrew items? I like them! Their situational qualities add theme while not seeming overpowered.

"I'll take the necklace if no one else wants it."
    Whitey
    Whitey

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Whitey Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:51 am

Crispy will take the ring if no one else claims it.
    Josef909
    Josef909

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Josef909 Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:33 am

@Rob: Thanks. Tried to make them just as you described them. They're a mix of standard and homebrew-lite.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:42 am

agreed! cool items cheers
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:48 am

“Aye, Abbie is most helpful when not being grappled by tentacles! Those are good choices. CAPTAIN JOHNSON would approve.” He looks towards Sam. “Well mate, the wand leads the way, so ‘‘tis you or I.”
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:32 am

Sam will take the wand if there is no objection but he's not going to be greedy this time.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:48 am

“Kruhl fears the gods, will he protect our guest?”
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:12 am

Kruhl nods to Captain Hawkes, "Stay close to me, Master Vellum." Kruhl will shadow Vellum as we travel.
    Josef909
    Josef909

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Josef909 Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:10 pm

"I'll leave it to you to lead the way. We will want to take the hidden stairs down to street level and hug the cliff face to the Keep walls. There, we will find another secret door before we pass into safety."

Vellum walks towards the tunnel you used to enter the Hall of Secrets. He closes his eyes, bows his head, and recites an incantation. The opening at the end of the hall begins to close in, covering itself in rough-hewn stone and becoming indiscernible from the surrounding rock.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:15 pm

Sam will assume a position right behind the dwarf so as to protect him if needed and render any aid. Following along
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:55 am

Abi takes Rear Guard, or Second-from-Last (if Kruhl or anyone else wants RG position). She has her trusty bow in hand. Darkvision 60'
    Whitey
    Whitey

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Whitey Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:15 am

Crispy already took the tail gunner spot.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:59 am

Kruhl will stay in front of Vellum as his shield. Hopefully this puts him somewhere near the center of the line to share his aura with the most possible crew.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:22 pm

Apparently Hawkes is taking point. 🤪
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:23 pm

"isn't leadership a bugger?"
    Whitey
    Whitey

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Whitey Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:08 pm

“We um, got your back Hawkes. Let’s get uhhh out of here...”
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:54 pm

Hawkes starts down the stairs, rapier drawn.
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    In the Intest of aid - Page 14 Left_bar_bleue60/112In the Intest of aid - Page 14 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:28 pm

Hey guys - I fell down an OCD rabbit hole pretty bad over the last few weeks. Sorry if I held anything up. Looks like we finished him off ok. Got a request for you all in the OOG thread. thx
    Josef909
    Josef909

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Josef909 Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:01 pm

Sam holds the wand aloft at the west wall of the Hall of Secrets and attempts to make his intentions known. The Wand of secrets tugs in one direction, pointing itself towards a section of the wall. Sam intuits the locking mechanism, which does not appear engaged from the inside, and the group needs to shield their eyes for a moment as bright sunlight spills into the room. A small landing allows the group to survey the hidden staircase down the cliff face towards the Keep. It appears narrow, crumbling, and unforgiving of mistakes.

Hawkes is leading the way, yes? Lets have a perception roll.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:20 pm

Hawkes perception
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +5" :

17 + 5 = 22

Hawkes is immune to surprise

Stat block coming...
    Josef909
    Josef909

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Josef909 Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:13 pm

No need for a stat block.

Hawkes begins to lead the group down the narrow stairs, careful of his footfall. Several steps ahead, he notices a small crack running diagonally across a handful of stairs.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:04 pm

“Dwarven stonework doesn’t fail; what is this Vellum?”
    Josef909
    Josef909

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Josef909 Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:00 pm

"Pffrt. The stonework of my people is flawless, Captain. We can't control the weather, nor it's effects. These stairs have gone untraveled for decades."
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:02 pm

"Then let the dwarf go first" Kruhl grumbles to himself quietly.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:22 pm

“As you say, Vellum. No chance your enemies have tampered with it? Sam.”
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:05 pm

"er, um, what enemies are those?"
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:01 pm

“Ugh. The Mind Flayers. Sam, does this look dangerous?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:19 pm

navyik wrote:“Ugh.  The Mind Flayers. Sam, does this look dangerous?

Kruhl ponders the riddle of King Lear, "I am going mad or is everyone around me going mad?"

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 7:50 pm