Dropbox - http://www.dropbox.com/

Open Office - http://www.openoffice.org/

2 posters

General strategy - advice

whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    General strategy - advice Left_bar_bleue19/19General strategy - advice Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    General strategy - advice Left_bar_bleue1/0General strategy - advice Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

General strategy - advice Empty General strategy - advice

Post  whit10 Tue May 18, 2021 2:36 pm

since I have a couple minutes before lunch....

Germany - you don't have to fight the Russians until you want or turn 4 (when they can attack you if you're not already at war) Russia cannot attack an Axis power prior to turn 4 unless attacked. You should always take the French capitol on turn one, you have more than enough forces and you get all their IPCs when you take their capitol (this is the case for all powers if their capitol falls).

The short version for Germany is to decide, for turns 1 and 2, if you want to go "all in" vs. the Brits and invade, or just harass them and get ready to invade the USSR. Britain is actually really difficult to invade, unless you start bombing it on turn one (totally possible). If you have some good luck, you can keep the Brits from reinforcing Britain at all... but it requires some luck. The Soviet Union.... run them over with armor and so forth. You should be able to have considerable strength as you will most likely collect 70 IPCs at the end of turn one

Britain's Navy should be a target on turn one or after. Britain itself can be invaded but it's a tough nut; large numbers of transports are needed. Or, you can try to find a way to help out the Italians and go for the 'periphery strategy'.... I've toyed with this but it's rather difficult.

something to remember in the game in general.... the US is in the game on turn 3, regardless of whether or not they've been attacked. If they haven't been attacked, then they can declare war on the Axis and collect their big bonus for being at war... so the clock is ticking.

Japan - totally up to the player when they decided to go after India, ANZACS and the US. While at war with China, you are not at war with the other powers in the Pacific. Personally, I wait until turn 2 at least before going for it. There are some that argue that the J-1 turn is better (Japan attacking on round one). My issue with this is the number of transports you start with... only 3. Not enough to truly hurt the western allies and get the IPC total up where you need it to take them on... but that's just me.

Italy - lol, hope you still have something of a navy after Britain goes (right before you). There are territories in Southern Europe that you can probably take - S. France, Greece, etc. Taking Egypt is probably the best goal for Italy but it's really hard unless the UK player is having bad luck or doesn't know what they're doing. But Italy can also help the Germans with Russia, if they want to (I'm not a big believer in this one but some folks out there like to do it).

just wanted to put this up... the strategy to the game is still pretty basic, take the capitols of your enemies, occupy the victory cities and you just might be able to win. The allied strategy is a bit more complicated, depending on how and what the Axis do
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    General strategy - advice Left_bar_bleue35/35General strategy - advice Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    General strategy - advice Left_bar_bleue0/0General strategy - advice Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

General strategy - advice Empty Re: General strategy - advice

Post  Chris Thu May 20, 2021 11:52 am

makes sense, thanks.

so that was all just the Axis strategies and thoughts.

Can you post a similar one for the Allies?
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    General strategy - advice Left_bar_bleue19/19General strategy - advice Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    General strategy - advice Left_bar_bleue1/0General strategy - advice Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu May 20, 2021 12:22 pm

certainly....

Britain is in the line of fire for turn 1 with Jerry. Try to 'hold on' until the US gets in the war and go after the Italians as much as possible... at least that the going theory of how to play them.

Same thing in the Pacific. The Indonesian Islands are worth a lot and India and the ANZACS can land troops on them to get the money until Japan decides to attack; at least that's an option. (I always have India land a couple guys on Sumatra, just to get the extra 4 IPCs to try and help out).

You can use forces from India against the Italians but be wary of taking too much.... the Japanese have a lot of forces!

Russia: Germany, if the decide to go after the Russians over invading Britain, can really hurt you. Withdraw forces into the interior and try to hold on until the western Allies can help out. That convoy space is key to try and keep open, if you can. You have two subs, they can actually be somewhat useful... (and you can get the one in the Baltic Sea out into the Atlantic since the German's don't have destroyers to start with and you aren't at war with them yet. Build lots of dudes but a tank and gun or something like that each turn as well, since you don't have much actual combat power at the start... move the guys from the East to the West as fast as possible.

US - you will lose the Philippines at some point to Japan, maybe a couple other territories that aren't worth much if anything. Brazil is a good one to go occupy, since it's Allied friendly (look up neutrality rules)

You get a ton of money, you get a 1 time 20 IPC bonus when you first are at war (assuming you are attacked) and you get big bonuses once at war. I usually build up the fleet in the Pacific on turn one and then do the same in the Atlantic in turn 2 - Atlantic needs a destroyer at some point most likely... otherwise, carriers, battleships and aircraft... then transports and ground units. Tech rolls as well once you're at war....

Anzacs - try to hold, build subs (if possible) and get New Guinea occupied when at war for the 5 IPC bonus. Help the US as much as possible

China - try not to be wiped out by Japan, lol. But try to build up and make them a constant annoyance for Japan, if possible.

France - uh, you usually don't have much left after turn 1, just help the Brits.

I think that's it.... hit me up if you have more questions
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    General strategy - advice Left_bar_bleue35/35General strategy - advice Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    General strategy - advice Left_bar_bleue0/0General strategy - advice Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat May 22, 2021 10:00 pm

sounds good, thanks!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 6:32 am