whit10
MAS
7 posters

Ill Humor

Chirs2
    Chirs2

Ill Humor - Page 6 Empty Re: Ill Humor

Post  Chirs2 Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:10 pm

whit10 wrote:Just to ask, can we switch characters if we are unhappy with what we played?

raging dwarf tosser?
    Chirs2
    Chirs2

Post  Chirs2 Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:18 pm

navyik wrote:COMPLETELY respec?  Like change feats or even class?

http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/ultimateCampaign/campaignSystems/retraining.html

there is a whole section in the Ultimate Campaign book about how to retrain, respec, switch archetypes, etc. It all just takes time and money. you can even swap out a "class feature" for something else.

Rasso, paid the cost and swapped out his lvl 1 "eschew materials" class ability (feat) for another feat at creation.

It might be interesting, at some point, to look at the other "downtime" rules as they pertain to Kingdom building and incorporate it for our faction with events and such.

Rasso will probably look at researching a new spell, Call the CHO-GEN

"I can smell it! I sense the coming.... of the CHO-GEN!"
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Ill Humor - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue68/68Ill Humor - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Ill Humor - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue0/0Ill Humor - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:58 pm

I was thinking Heirophant was the wrong way for griz to go... Should have made him a guardian.
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Ill Humor - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue60/112Ill Humor - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:00 pm

YES - you can swap out characters - build them with the same structure as you have already used.

NO - I meant to say re-spec equipment equipment only. BUT - Take a look at the retraining rules, and I will too.

I learned a lot running this encounter. Definitely room to make some improvements. Dont expect it to be this easy again!

ALSO - would anyone care to run the OPFOR in the next encounter?

YOU SUMMONED MOU ?!?!?!?!??! YOU ASSHOLE! Wink
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Ill Humor - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue68/68Ill Humor - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:03 pm

navyik wrote:I was thinking Heirophant was the wrong way for griz to go... Should have made him a guardian.

Can i do the above using the class level retrain option? Seems like an easy translation.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Ill Humor - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue19/19Ill Humor - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    Ill Humor - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue1/0Ill Humor - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:06 pm

What the hell are you talking about Chris? What's a Cho-Gen?

That better not be a legend of the over fiend reference... that was some seriously demented, twisted and just wrong shit! I'm still irritated with you for suggesting we watch that  Evil or Very Mad 

but back to actual gaming: yep, Dwarf 'tosser' as you called him. Or, Dwarf Samurai  cheers 
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Ill Humor - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue60/112Ill Humor - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:10 pm

navyik wrote:
    navyik wrote:I was thinking Heirophant was the wrong way for griz to go... Should have made him a guardian.

Can i do the above using the class level retrain option?  Seems like an easy translation.

Yes sir, go for it.
    Chirs2
    Chirs2

Post  Chirs2 Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:35 pm

whit10 wrote:What the hell are you talking about Chris? What's a Cho-Gen?
    That better not be a legend of the over fiend reference... that was some seriously demented, twisted and just wrong shit! I'm still irritated with you for suggesting we watch that Evil or Very Mad

I have been blamed for many a corruption in my days, sorry to all, but Legend of the Overfiend was not me. That was found (as I recall) by JC and Mackey. They exposed my virgin-like mind to the horrors of the Nazi Death Rape Machine.

MAS wrote:
    ALSO - would anyone care to run the OPFOR in the next encounter?

YOU SUMMONED MOU ?!?!?!?!??! YOU ASSHOLE! Wink

someone remembered!

OPFOR would be awesome!

but then you wouldn't get to play your Champion right?
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Ill Humor - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue19/19Ill Humor - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:39 pm

oh, then I apologize for blaming you for that.... it figures that that little weasel mackie would have something to do with it.
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:50 pm

Chirs2 wrote:
    OPFOR would be awesome!

but then you wouldn't get to play your Champion right?

Correct - your champion would have to sit out - or be played by another PC.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:53 pm

what was the OPFOR again?
    Chirs2
    Chirs2

Post  Chirs2 Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:50 pm

whit10 wrote:what was the OPFOR again?

Opposing Force (or something) it is the idea of having another human control the monsters as a general.  The GM still creates the encounter, sets CR, chooses monsters, map, etc.  but then acts more like a referee.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:59 pm

Was that encounter a "mythic trial?"
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:06 pm

Btw, griz will be more of a "tank" very soon.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:46 pm

lol... like you aren't already?  affraid 
    Chirs2
    Chirs2

Post  Chirs2 Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:15 am

navyik wrote:Btw, griz will be more of a "tank" very soon.

great!
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:07 am

navyik wrote:Was that encounter a "mythic trial?"

Nope. Ill let you know if/when the encounter qualifies.
    Arcturus2
    Arcturus2

Post  Arcturus2 Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:17 am

I'd be willing to play OPFOR for an encounter if nobody else wants to. I'd rather play my guy, but I bet I can kill a champion.

Would our character sitting out gain any XP earned while we're playing the bad guys? Cuz otherwise there's not much incentive, besides just trying to piss in everyone's cheerios..

MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:30 am

Continuing in "The best interest"
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:37 am

Arcturus2 wrote:I'd be willing to play OPFOR for an encounter if nobody else wants to. I'd rather play my guy, but I bet I can kill a champion.

Would our character sitting out gain any XP earned while we're playing the bad guys? Cuz otherwise there's not much incentive, besides just trying to piss in everyone's cheerios..

Sure, why not.

But the incentive is supposed to be "having fun"....
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:48 am

I have a question: would people be more interested in more of this sort of thing over a different campaign (WoD)? I'm all for running encounters for this level of party. Hell, I think it would be easier for me.

It just seems that this campaign is generating more interest, which is just fine.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:56 am

I think the "stargate" format is ideal for forum gaming, but only if everyone enjoys it.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:00 pm

I really like this, just not the character that I chose. I would be more than happy to run one or two encounters so that Matt gets a chance to play as well. It seems to me, that interest in WoD is rather low, as regards the overall gaming group. I'm not even remotely offended by this, I just want to see where folks are at with the next cycle. It's my turn to run something next and this format would be fine.
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:05 pm

whit10 wrote:I have a question:  would people be more interested in more of this sort of thing over a different campaign (WoD)?  I'm all for running encounters for this level of party.  Hell, I think it would be easier for me.

It just seems that this campaign is generating more interest, which is just fine.

If I may be (objectively, and without any venom) blunt -WOD has plenty of interest, but its never been put fully on the table. All it needs is for you to say "I am ready, here is the guidance, lets go." Its been in a constant state of limbo since it was first discussed.

I can say this - by the end of August when I am back in school, I will not be in position to run a game, or if I do, it will be slower than it is currently.

I am glad that you guys have enjoyed "Epic" so far!
    Arcturus2
    Arcturus2

Post  Arcturus2 Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:06 pm

MAS wrote:

Of course it's fun. But I'm saying if someone plays some heavy duty OPFOR, gets their ass mythically whupped, and everyone's PC but theirs advances a mythic tier, it'd be sucky for them.

And Josh, I'd like to give WoD a try at some point.
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:25 pm

Arcturus2 wrote:
    MAS wrote:

Of course it's fun. But I'm saying if someone plays some heavy duty OPFOR,  gets their ass mythically whupped, and everyone's PC but theirs advances a mythic tier, it'd be sucky for them.

And Josh, I'd like to give WoD a try at some point.

I agree, and in the interest of keeping the whole party at the same level - if someone plays the OPFOR - they can designate one of their characters to receive experience and treasure equivalency.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:27 pm

Ok, roger that Matt. Please see the WoD forum for anything concerning that.

I'm up to run the OPFOR unless someone else wished to do so.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:22 pm

I'm having fun playing epic, but also would do WOD, or whatever.
    Bones
    Bones

Post  Bones Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:54 pm

first of all, i am keen on some WoD. i have 2 characters made and would love to have some more story-focused gaming.

i am also enjoying the epic / stargate action (well named Alan). however, i am hearing 2 different options for that. 1 is Matt as GM w/ 1 of us as Op4. the other is using rotating GMs with the Stargate approach.

I think both are fine, but i would like to argue for the later. it would allow Matt to play and really give the op4 GM full latitude to design an encounter. there is no reason alan, rob, dan, josh and myself all couldn't run an op4 stargate, while allowing everyone else to play.

this is a unique enough concept, yet with broad possibilities given the initial launch by Matt. it is different than a single, storyline, like SW, WW, etc. we can always run a stargate anytime we want. they would make fun breaks in between stories in other games or provide lots of fun if we did several interconnected stargates in a row
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:05 am

I have calculated loot at 53,400 each. If you wanted one of the items just take it outa your share.
    Chirs2
    Chirs2

Post  Chirs2 Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:11 am

navyik wrote:I have calculated loot at 53,400 each.  If you wanted one of the items just take it outa your share.

Griz makes for an unlikely party accountant, but you're hired!

Ill Humor - Page 6 Bear_m11

a couple scrolls of teleport for anyone with UMD might be worth keeping for everyone
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:42 am

The starfleet uniform is precious!
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:50 am

Loot thread?

I don't want to DM a stargate, at least for the time being. I'll continue to play (and enjoy) in a game.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:31 pm

Since we're able to trade point for point on treasure, I don't think we need a loot thread. I can just calculate at the end of each scene.
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:18 pm

navyik wrote:Since we're able to trade point for point on treasure, I don't think we need a loot thread.  I can just calculate at the end of each scene.

Exactly. Track the GP amount that you have earned, add it to the amount you got at creation, and use that total to outfit.
    Arcturus2
    Arcturus2

Post  Arcturus2 Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:30 pm

MAS wrote:
    navyik wrote:Since we're able to trade point for point on treasure, I don't think we need a loot thread.  I can just calculate at the end of each scene.

Exactly. Track the GP amount that you have earned, add it to the amount you got at creation, and use that total to outfit.

Garth needs about another 140k gp to buy goggles of true seeing. No more flying blind.

Unless Rasso could manufacturer them cheaper?

I think that's a spell he has..?

Let's go kick some ass. Garth needs paid!
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:47 pm

There are goggles of the night...
    Chirs2
    Chirs2

Post  Chirs2 Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:43 pm

Arcturus2 wrote:
    Garth needs about another 140k gp to buy goggles of true seeing. No more flying blind.

Now that's a very interesting question!

Yes, Rasso has 2 Crafting Feats:  Craft Wondrous Items (that's all the hats, belts, cloaks, gloves, etc) and Craft Rods (mostly just for casters).  Rasso only paid half price for his own Wondrous Items, since he made them for himself.

Igniss can (I believe) Craft Weapons, which he did for himself.

The issue would seem to be in the "respec" rules, since Crafting would greatly increase our total wealth load, if you could suddenly pay half price for all Wondrous Items and Weapons.

Rasso would gladly help equip his friends.  There is no issue with knowing the spell or not.  I can just buy a scroll, read the spell from the scroll to Craft the item.  I can cast any spell in the game with UMD.

Here are 2 options that come to mind:

Perhaps a compromise would be that if you want something Crafted, it is permanent and cannot be traded in at a later time.  This is often called a "bound" item in MMO games, or "Soul-bound".  So you can freely add\drop\exchange regular, full priced gear, but if Igniss crafts you a new +5 Holy Vorpal Avenger Sword, for 1/2 price, the gold is locked into that Bound item and it cannot be later exchanged.

Or maybe we can only Craft for each other with the "new" money we gain from quests?  So for instance, our initial $300k (or whatever it was) cannot be used to Craft for other people, but Rasso could craft something up to a $108k (double $54k) value for Gareth?

It would be nice to get a little more mileage out of our Crafting Feats.

What does the GM think?
    Chirs2
    Chirs2

Post  Chirs2 Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:48 pm

Honestly, your best bet is $5000 for a Permanent spell of Darkvision

http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/spells/permanency.html#_permanency

it doesn't take up a slot on your body (eyes) that way.  

drop another $5k for See Invisible while you are at it  study

This is how Rasso does it

Permanent Spell effects:
    See Invisible 5000
    Darkvision 5000
    Arcane Sight 7500
    Tongues 7500
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:07 pm

Chirs2 wrote:
    Arcturus2 wrote:

Now that's a very interesting question!

Yes, Rasso has 2 Crafting Feats:  Craft Wondrous Items (that's all the hats, belts, cloaks, gloves, etc) and Craft Rods (mostly just for casters).  Rasso only paid half price for his own Wondrous Items, since he made them for himself.

Igniss can (I believe) Craft Weapons, which he did for himself.

The issue would seem to be in the "respec" rules, since Crafting would greatly increase our total wealth load, if you could suddenly pay half price for all Wondrous Items and Weapons.

Rasso would gladly help equip his friends.  There is no issue with knowing the spell or not.  I can just buy a scroll, read the spell from the scroll to Craft the item.  I can cast any spell in the game with UMD.

Here are 2 options that come to mind:

Perhaps a compromise would be that if you want something Crafted, it is permanent and cannot be traded in at a later time.  This is often called a "bound" item in MMO games, or "Soul-bound".  So you can freely add\drop\exchange regular, full priced gear, but if Igniss crafts you a new +5 Holy Vorpal Avenger Sword, for 1/2 price, the gold is locked into that Bound item and it cannot be later exchanged.

Or maybe we can only Craft for each other with the "new" money we gain from quests?  So for instance, our initial $300k (or whatever it was) cannot be used to Craft for other people, but Rasso could craft something up to a $108k (double $54k) value for Gareth?

It would be nice to get a little more mileage out of our Crafting Feats.

What does the GM think?

I like the "bound" idea. Ill need some time to chew on this though, and look over some texts. As a group, Id like to see us develop and document the "down time / equipment / re-spec" rules.
    Chirs2
    Chirs2

Post  Chirs2 Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:50 pm

MAS wrote:

41,000 XP for each Champion

Is this correct??

We started with 76,800 at 16th
    + 41,000
    total new XP = 117,800

we only needed to reach 102,400 to make 17th level. Are you sure it wasn't a total of 41,000 xp which divided by 5 PCs = 8,200?

We only need 25,600 to go from 16th to 17th, so 8,200 would be almost 1/3 of the way
    Chirs2
    Chirs2

Post  Chirs2 Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:55 pm

MAS wrote:

I like the "bound" idea. Ill need some time to chew on this though, and look over some texts. As a group, Id like to see us develop and document the "down time / equipment / re-spec" rules.

New thread started for discussion
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:19 am

It is 600,000 xp @ 16th level... 850,000 for 17th.
    Chirs2
    Chirs2

Post  Chirs2 Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:11 am

navyik wrote:It is 600,000 xp @ 16th level... 850,000 for 17th.

affraid my bad, I was looking at the CR table. Dang, still a long ways from 17 then....
    Arcturus2
    Arcturus2

Post  Arcturus2 Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:15 am

Chirs2 wrote:

affraid my bad, I was looking at the CR table.  Dang, still a long ways from 17 then....

Considering we only spent like 10 minutes in game-time, it's going pretty fast. Another couple missions and we'll be there.

Chances are whatever we face next is gonna be way tougher..
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:15 am

Chirs2 wrote:

affraid my bad, I was looking at the CR table.  Dang, still a long ways from 17 then....

You had me all excited until I looked it up...
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:30 pm

I apologize for having to ask this but I might have missed the post from earlier.

How are we handling things if we switch to a different character? Any loot/experience gained? I'm not trying to be greedy at all, I'm just wondering and I want to be precise with everything.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:38 pm

Full xp, no loot beyond your level.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 2:43 am