MAS
whit10
6 posters

Cairo Express

whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Cairo Express - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue19/19Cairo Express - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    Cairo Express - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue1/0Cairo Express - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Cairo Express - Page 6 Empty Re: Cairo Express

Post  whit10 Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:55 pm

Ok, I will need a Bluff or Intimidate (or both, I guess) from whomever wants to make the rolls. I will allow one person to Aid Another on each roll (just to keep it from being ridiculous).

You're in the desert around 11 at night when this is taking place.

Sorry about the confusion about the truck. I should have been more specific.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Cairo Express - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue0/0Cairo Express - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    Cairo Express - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue0/0Cairo Express - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:16 pm

whit10 wrote:Ok,  I will need a Bluff or Intimidate (or both, I guess) from whomever wants to make the rolls.  I will allow one person to Aid Another on each roll (just to keep it from being ridiculous).

You're in the desert around 11 at night when this is taking place.

I would suggest Col. Corbett as the primary, since he is the Inquisitor. Looks like Elliot has a pretty good Intimidate skill if he wants to assist. Otherwise Olivia or CRIII can also help out.
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Cairo Express - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue60/112Cairo Express - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:27 pm

Whatever works. Thought the truck was covered too.

The desert works fine...

My intimidate is +6, Looks like Ellit has it by 1 with a +7.

If someone "aids" him (olivia or JT), I will "discern lies" as he answers.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Cairo Express - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue35/35Cairo Express - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:26 am

good change of plans, JT (with his nice Perception) will keep look out, scanning the dunes....
    Arcturus2
    Arcturus2

Post  Arcturus2 Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:15 am

Chris wrote:good change of plans, JT (with his nice Perception) will keep look out, scanning the dunes....

good idea, except that we need JT to translate. Elliot will handle the intimidating.

Can you describe JT's dwarven trenchax? Is it appropriate for digging a grave?

When the truck comes to a stop, Elliot gets out. He retrieves his rifle fron the car and slings it.

He goes to the back of the truck, and lowers the gate. He says gruffly to CR3..

"Keep a lookout. I'll handle this."

He reaches into the back of the truck and grabs the man by his boots, roughly dragging him out to fall, still bound, to the hard desert ground. He glares at the man as he slowly draws his sawbacked bayonet from it's scabbard, never taking his gaze from the man's eyes. It's fifteen inch blade gleams wickedly in the moonlight.

He reaches down and quickly slashes the binding at the prisoner's ankles, not being particularly careful about whether or not he cuts him.

He replaces his bayonet into it's scabbard and grabs the man by his shirt collar, hauling him to his feet. He shoves him roughly, away from the truck towards the open desert.

He looks around quickly in an exaggerated fashion, and draws his pistol. He makes a show of chambering a round. He points it at the man, and jerks the barrel in the direction of the desert, away from the truck.

"WALK!" He barks at the man..

To his friend JT..

"Gimme that ax, partner."

After the mans back is turned, he motions for JT and the Colonel to follow them.

Intimidate: 1d20+7 (18+7)=25

Meh. Not bad to start.

Elliot is gonna march him a couple dozen paces out into the desert and make him start digging. Hoping that trenchax is similar to a standard trenching tool, so Elliot can toss it at his feet to use. Then, he'll begin the interrogation.

Hoping JT and the Colonel follow along to help.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Cairo Express - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue68/68Cairo Express - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:38 am

Being quite capable at interrogation himself, CR3 merely observes for now, holding himself in reserve in case the Colonel invites him to the party. This rough lot is better suited for the intimmidator's role, he muses.
    CR3 stands atop the truck to keep watch and will whistle if he spies a threat.

Perception 16+14=30
    Arcturus2
    Arcturus2

Post  Arcturus2 Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:47 am

MAS wrote:Whatever works. Thought the truck was covered too.

The desert works fine...

Matt, I just double checked Corbett cuz +6 to Intimidate didn't sound right- he's actually+8. (3 ranks, stern gaze+3, class ability bonus +3)

After Elliot roughs him up a bit Corbett should probably take over- I might not roll lucky again.

And I forgot CRIII can also speak one of the local dialects (was it turkish) since he was eavesdropping on Norris' servants..

So after man handling the prisoner out to the desert and getting him a good start on his grave, Elliot will let Corbett step in and 'interrupt the execution' maybe.
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Cairo Express - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue60/112Cairo Express - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:41 am

Arcturus2 wrote:

The desert works fine...

Matt, I just double checked Corbett cuz +6 to Intimidate didn't sound right- he's actually+8. (3 ranks, stern gaze+3, class ability bonus +3)

After Elliot roughs him up a bit Corbett should probably take over- I might not roll lucky again.

And I forgot CRIII can also speak one of the local dialects (was it turkish) since he was eavesdropping on Norris' servants..

So after man handling the prisoner out to the desert and getting him a good start on his grave, Elliot will let Corbett step in and 'interrupt the execution' maybe.

His 8 CHA gives him a -2!
    Intimidate (Cha) +2 Rank, +3 Class bonus, +3 stern gaze, -2 CHA = +6

So Elliot still has the edge by 1, with a +7.
    Arcturus2
    Arcturus2

Post  Arcturus2 Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:21 pm

MAS wrote:
    Arcturus2 wrote:

The desert works fine...

Ohhhh.. *slaps forehead* I see. OK then, Elliot will handle this guy.
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:24 pm

Arcturus2 wrote:
    MAS wrote:
    Arcturus2 wrote:

The desert works fine...

Ohhhh.. *slaps forehead* I see. OK then, Elliot will handle this guy.

All good!
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Cairo Express - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue19/19Cairo Express - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    Cairo Express - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue1/0Cairo Express - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:39 pm

Your drive a few miles outside of the city late at night... the night is cool and quite dark. The pyramids dominate the skyline to the east

Cairo Express - Page 6 Pyrami12

Cairo Express - Page 6 Sahara10

The prisoner is very frightened of all of you.. especially once JT translates the orders. He does as he is told and digs but then falls to his knees asking for mercy. (in Arabic) "please, I and my brethren were hired to steal the rugs... I will do no more harm. Please be merciful!"

CR III does not see anything out the ordinary with his Perception check
    Arcturus2
    Arcturus2

Post  Arcturus2 Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:50 pm

Elliot regards the man with a cool stare after listening to JT's translation. He crosses his arms, his pistol still in his right hand. He taps it against his shoulder,  apparently lost in thought for a moment as he stares down the prisoner.

After a pause, holsters his pistol. He pulls out his canteen off of his belt and takes a long pull. He offers the canteen to the prisoner, on his knees in his own grave. He asks the man slowly..

"Who hired you? Do you know who you were stealing from?"

Elliot is counting on Corbett to pipe up if he detects any falsehoods..
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:05 pm

Arcturus2 wrote:Elliot regards the man with a cool stare after listening to JT's translation. He crosses his arms, his pistol still in his right hand. He taps it against his shoulder,  apparently lost in thought for a moment as he stares down the prisoner.

After a pause, holsters his pistol. He pulls out his canteen off of his belt and takes a long pull. He offers the canteen to the prisoner, on his knees in his own grave. He asks the man slowly..

"Who hired you? Do you know who you were stealing from?"

Elliot is counting on Corbett to pipe up if he detects any falsehoods..

GM - I am using "discern lies" the entire time. It simply tells me whether an answer is true, or a lie.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:45 pm

"we were stealing from that pig Fadlala.. he's a collaborator with the English. I didn't meet the man that hired us. Our leader, Khalid... the one that that witch threw off the building was the one that gave us the mission. Please sir, spare my life"

Colonel, you do not discern any falsehoods. Though, he might be holding back.
    Arcturus2
    Arcturus2

Post  Arcturus2 Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:04 pm

Elliot considers for a moment..

"Hmmmmm... Perhaps I will spare you after all.. if you can offer me the answers I seek. Your life is a fine price for some simple information, is it not? Tell me more of your organization. How many are you? How far does the Forty Thieves' influence extend? Outside Cairo?"
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:57 pm

"For a gang of thieves, they sure are a murderous lot. Remember, they opened up on us and their leader inflicted magic missles on me, without cause. Now if that tongue of his keeps wagging lies, I'll rip it out myself and boil it in soup. Does he like soup? Ask him that," Olivia says with a frightful gaze.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Cairo Express - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue35/35Cairo Express - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:20 pm

sorry that I am late to join the party, we had a family baptism today for my nephew. it was a really cool ceremony performed by the minister that married Jamie and I in a shallow part of Solomon Creek, the colors are beautiful right now. If you have never met our minister, he rides a harley or an indian, works part time as a bartender, has a black belt and preaches with a native american\christian combo philosophy.

anyways, back to the desert..... JT's trenchaxe is a reskinned dwarven waraxe, so probably not suitable for digging, not to mention that it is magically enchanted from fighting the undead in the Somme. JT doesn't understand it, but somehow, after that battle, it just felt different in his hands, lighter, keener... more deadly. He does not let anyone else use it.

However, JT has a whole arsenal of trench tools, MW even and our prisoner is welcome to a MW spade. JT will translate to the best of his abilities, keeping watch across the dune sea
    Arcturus2
    Arcturus2

Post  Arcturus2 Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:34 pm

Chris wrote:sorry that I am late to join the party, we had a family baptism today for my nephew.  it was a really cool ceremony performed by the minister that married Jamie and I in a shallow part of Solomon Creek, the colors are beautiful right now.  If you have never met our minister, he rides a harley or an indian, works part time as a bartender, has a black belt and preaches with a native american\christian combo philosophy.

anyways, back to the desert.....  JT's trenchaxe is a reskinned dwarven waraxe, so probably not suitable for digging, not to mention that it is magically enchanted from fighting the undead in the Somme.  JT doesn't understand it, but somehow, after that battle, it just felt different in his hands, lighter, keener... more deadly.  He does not let anyone else use it.

However, JT has a whole arsenal of trench tools, MW even and our prisoner is welcome to a MW spade.  JT will translate to the best of his abilities, keeping watch across the dune sea

sounds,m fine. Elliot will make the prisoner use a standard MWK trenching spade.

Also congrats on the baptism!
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:15 am

The thief looks rather scared to tell you the info... "we are very strong in Cairo and Alexandria... our leader is.."  At that moment, a shot rings out, as clear as a hand clap from several hundred yards away and the thief slumps over with a shot through his head.

"YOU HAVE BEEN ENOUGH OF A NUISANCE TO THE CIRCLE... NOW YOU MUST DIE... ARISE MY CHILDREN!"  a disembodied voice thunders, breaking the silence of the evening.  

Before you can discern where the shot truly came from... massive shapes start to emerge from the sand. It is dim lighting for those of you w/o darkvision right now (though there is moonlight and, I assume, the truck might have been left on with it's headlights running)

2 Huge Scorpions have unearthed themselves... Initiative please.  (I will allow Perception checks on the off chance you can figure out where the shot and voice came from)

Map is coming
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:26 am

Jeez, what happened to our lookouts?

Olivia Perception: 11 + 9 = 20

Initiative: 4 + 17 = 21
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:30 am

Please go to the new page "Bugs, I hate Bugs!"

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 18, 2024 8:00 pm