MrBrownstone75
MAS
6 posters

Cut to the chase! (or Learning to fly)

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Cut to the chase!  (or Learning to fly) - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue35/35Cut to the chase!  (or Learning to fly) - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Cut to the chase!  (or Learning to fly) - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/0Cut to the chase!  (or Learning to fly) - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Cut to the chase!  (or Learning to fly) - Page 3 Empty Re: Cut to the chase! (or Learning to fly)

Post  Chris Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:55 am

Shivak splits the on-coming pair of DSF and hovers at K-22.  

Cut to the chase!  (or Learning to fly) - Page 3 Cut_to13

study that was 1 move action + the pilot check to avoid hazards

Shivak has 1 standard action left.  He could....  fly defensively (add to ship's DC), use sensors, etc  (check the list in n*1)

Tarro
    Sharn
    Bos

are all up
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Cut to the chase!  (or Learning to fly) - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue19/19Cut to the chase!  (or Learning to fly) - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    Cut to the chase!  (or Learning to fly) - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue1/0Cut to the chase!  (or Learning to fly) - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Cut to the chase!  (or Learning to fly) - Page 3 Empty Re: Cut to the chase! (or Learning to fly)

Post  whit10 Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:02 am

dammit... I meant to say that he will hold an action at this point. Defensive flying is fine. lol
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Cut to the chase!  (or Learning to fly) - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue35/35Cut to the chase!  (or Learning to fly) - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Cut to the chase!  (or Learning to fly) - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/0Cut to the chase!  (or Learning to fly) - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:14 am

whit10 wrote:dammit... I meant to say that he will hold an action at this point.  Defensive flying is fine. lol

Shivak already moved, so he can't delay at this point. You have to either take all your actions or delay all your actions. shivak could "ready" an action - but you need to state the specific action + trigger
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Cut to the chase!  (or Learning to fly) - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue19/19Cut to the chase!  (or Learning to fly) - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    Cut to the chase!  (or Learning to fly) - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue1/0Cut to the chase!  (or Learning to fly) - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:28 am

fly defensively
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:30 am

"Gruff growl! Rarr rowllarr?" Sharn yells into the com. {You want me to reroute power from the engines to the tractor beam?}
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:00 pm

Robyo wrote:"Gruff growl! Rarr rowllarr?" Sharn yells into the com. {You want me to reroute power from the engines to the tractor beam?}

There is also the Concussion Missile launcher that is without power. You could restore power to the Tractor Beam and keep the engine speed up, if you leave the CMs un-powered.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Cut to the chase!  (or Learning to fly) - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue68/68Cut to the chase!  (or Learning to fly) - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:11 pm

"We need to get after that other fighter; we don't know which one had the prize. We can search wreckage when the smoke clears."

"Wookie, scrub the tractor, boost our sensor range if you can, we're losing him."

Tarro makes a full attack against the cover fighters. I will post the rolls in a bit.

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:14 pm

Boosting the sensor range is fine, but nobody is operating the sensors since SDX has 0 computer skill.  The other ship is still within "extreme" range (it hasn't moved again), but someone with Computer Use would need to roll to operate the sensors

you could probably do it all, honestly - power tractor beam, Bos uses TB on wreckage (a good idea!) and still use Sensors

you have a big crew Cool
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Cut to the chase!  (or Learning to fly) - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue68/68Cut to the chase!  (or Learning to fly) - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:40 pm

Tarro
    Ac 30 SR21
    Touch 20
    Hp 50/135
    PBAMF
    Haste +1att/+1AC
    Divine favor +2 att/dmg
    Roll+15+7(ship)+3(buffs)
    Bard Inspired?

5+15+7(ship)+3(buffs)+3(study)=33+bard insp?
    Dmg if hits (multishot) 70 + 78+5
    Catastrouphic Repair DC 30

20 possible crit no shields
    Dmg 66 ion
    Major ionization DC 25

12+15+7(ship)+3(buffs)=37+bard insp?
    Dmg 62 ion.
    SYSTEM IONIZATION DC20

3+15+7(ship)+3(buffs)=28+ bard insp?
    Ion Dmg 74 major dc 25
    MrBrownstone75
    MrBrownstone75

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Cut to the chase!  (or Learning to fly) - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue15/20Cut to the chase!  (or Learning to fly) - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (15/20)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MrBrownstone75 Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:24 am

Sorry Tarro. Bardic inspiration only lasts for the round I use it on, and I targeted myself this round.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:23 am

MrBrownstone75 wrote:Sorry Tarro. Bardic inspiration only lasts for the round I use it on, and I targeted myself this round.

Its all good. Just didn't want to forget it.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:25 am

Sharn
    AC 21
    HP 87/87

Buffs:
    ~Sharn - Entropic Shield (ranged attacks 20% miss), Sanctuary (foes must make a Will save (DC 18) or they cannot attack Sharn)
    ~all allies - Bless (+1 Attacks and saves vs Fear)
    ~current bonus from Bos - (everyone that has a character within 30ft of Bos Lobo gains a +2 to hit/damage/skill checks/saves)

Chris - "Boosting the sensor range is fine, but nobody is operating the sensors since SDX has 0 computer skill. The other ship is still within "extreme" range (it hasn't moved again), but someone with Computer Use would need to roll to operate the sensors

you could probably do it all, honestly - power tractor beam, Bos uses TB on wreckage (a good idea!) and still use Sensors."

Irwin is working the computers. He (old version) has a +4 to Comp Use. I posted all his constituent parts, but he isn't officially built in PF, because frankly I'm not sure which rules to use. Was that even posted somewhere? Not sure.

Anyways, Sharn will route excess power to the Sensors, which Irwin is operating. The wookie will give another boost to the engines, if possible. He doesn't want a burn out.

Sharn engineering: 10 + 13 +2(Bos) = 25

Irwin comp use: 9 + 4 + 2(Bos) = 15

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:35 am

Tarro swivels the Ion turret and zaps both DSF.  Since they were moving at 9+ (ramming speed) when they were ionized, their momentum and gravity send them both on downward spirals into the dense Coruscant traffic.  The crash DSF collide with other vehicles before impacting into the sides of buildings many stories below.

Cut to the chase!  (or Learning to fly) - Page 3 Fifth-10

study Rob - I forgot that Irwin had stats.  I think just keeping them the same is fine, he isn't a combat model so what you have here should work

Chris wrote:Cut to the chase!  (or Learning to fly) - Page 3 <a href=Cut to the chase!  (or Learning to fly) - Page 3 Bird_d10" />
    + holo recorder\camera
    + microphone
    100 hrs of video storage capacity
    1 empty tool mount (you can fill in later)
    + persistent personality feat
    + speed is 16, perfect flying
    cut the unspent skill points down to 8 (since he got some bonus stuff), but use them for additional languages or knowledges
    [edit]
    +4 Stealth
    +4 Perception

Sharn is able to boost the Sensors for 1 round, they had power, just not an operator.  Irwin gets a +2 to his computer use.  Engine speed remains boosted to 11 (this one goes to 11!)

Irwin's roll of 15 is increased to 17 thanks to Sharn (and Bos)

Extreme range sensor scan of a "fine" sized target.  DC = 18 (size) + 8 (ramge) = 26

There are 4 modes of sensor use (pg 210).  Focus is probably best here, since you are looking for 1 specific target and Irwin can spend a Full Round Action.  Focus grants +6 bonus to sensor use, which would bring Irwin up to a 23... just short of the DC 26

Any other buffs you can find to make another 3?  (or re-roll)

MrBrownstone75 wrote:Sorry Tarro. Bardic inspiration only lasts for the round I use it on, and I targeted myself this round.

I think that was last round when you fired the main guns.

Bos is up again in this round. If Bos wants power to the Tractor Beam, he can roll Repair to give it power (move) and then fire it (standard). Or give Irwin his Bardic boost. Or whatever....
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:25 pm

Chris wrote:
    study Rob - I forgot that Irwin had stats.  I think just keeping them the same is fine, he isn't a combat model so what you have here should work

Chris wrote:Cut to the chase!  (or Learning to fly) - Page 3 <a href=Cut to the chase!  (or Learning to fly) - Page 3 Bird_d10" />
    + holo recorder\camera
    + microphone
    100 hrs of video storage capacity
    1 empty tool mount (you can fill in later)
    + persistent personality feat
    + speed is 16, perfect flying
    cut the unspent skill points down to 8 (since he got some bonus stuff), but use them for additional languages or knowledges
    [edit]
    +4 Stealth
    +4 Perception

Sharn is able to boost the Sensors for 1 round, they had power, just not an operator.  Irwin gets a +2 to his computer use.  Engine speed remains boosted to 11 (this one goes to 11!)

Irwin's roll of 15 is increased to 17 thanks to Sharn (and Bos)

Extreme range sensor scan of a "fine" sized target.  DC = 18 (size) + 8 (ramge) = 26

There are 4 modes of sensor use (pg 210).  Focus is probably best here, since you are looking for 1 specific target and Irwin can spend a Full Round Action.  Focus grants +6 bonus to sensor use, which would bring Irwin up to a 23... just short of the DC 26

Any other buffs you can find to make another 3?  (or re-roll)

Spend a Hero Point for +8 to Irwin's roll. "Crikey, I'm feeling inspired by all this ship combat madness!"
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:40 pm

Robyo wrote:
    Spend a Hero Point for +8 to Irwin's roll. "Crikey, I'm feeling inspired by all this ship combat madness!"

study I think it is just +4 after the roll, but that still works. Just as a reminder, I am allowing HPs to be used for Advantage from 5e, if you want to go that route in the future too. It doesn't replace the PF options, but just adds another possibility

Irwin plugs into the ship's sensors.... his processors light up as he reads the streaming data, it is as if he can "see" through the sensors like new optical scanners. Irwin chirps, "I've got a fix on the other Droid ship, boss! He is heading due south. I will update his movement, but he is nearing the edge of our sensor range."

Cut to the chase!  (or Learning to fly) - Page 3 Radar10

Bos is up

then DSF
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:51 pm

So...
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:07 am

navyik wrote:So...

I have to run stuff into the community electronic recycling this morning, but I will update this afternoon and Bos will delay.

I was driving all over the state for work yesterday and was away from my computer, sorry

navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:25 am

Chris wrote:
    navyik wrote:So...

I have to run stuff into the community electronic recycling this morning, but I will update this afternoon and Bos will delay.

I was driving all over the state for work yesterday and was away from my computer, sorry

You should be sorry. What's the big idea? Working when there's gaming to be done... Jeez...
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:54 pm

navyik wrote:
    You should be sorry.  What's the big idea?  Working when there's gaming to be done... Jeez...

lol! true dat

Bos ducks under his control panel and quickly rewires the controls to restore power to the Tractor Beam (move, repair).  He then targets the wreckage of the DSF that crashed into Senator Dodonna's building.  The beam begins to lift debris - starship parts, plasteel from the wall, a desk chair.... and the charred body of Nomar Organna!

The other remaining DSF is off the map and but Irwin notes that it is circling around to head back for the Wrenvenge.

Just then, the holoviewer beeps and an emergency broadcast can be heard on all channels.  (You can view the holo if you activate the viewer on your end).

"Attention citizens, this is CorSec Captain Joric.  An unidentified gunship has opened fire in the Migrant Merchants Guild sector.  All citizens are advised to land immediately and take cover.  Unidentified ship, you are ordered to power down all weapons and land at docking pad VB-304.  There is no escape, orbital station Carrick has a lock on your position and the 7th Republic Fleet is in orbit.  Comply immediately, no more civilians need to die."  

Cut to the chase!  (or Learning to fly) - Page 3 Republ10

Irwin chirps, "Crickey boss!  We got 6 CorSec patrol craft converging on our position, closing fast"

Cut to the chase!  (or Learning to fly) - Page 3 Cops210

SDX is up
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Cut to the chase!  (or Learning to fly) - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue60/112Cut to the chase!  (or Learning to fly) - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:38 pm

SDX recognizes aggressive tones and military jargon when he hears it.

"Red creature, SDX emphatically recommends immediate reallocation of our collective mass from this coordinate to one of increased obscurity."

SDX goes in search of whatever passes for "drive systems" on this primitive space canoe, intending to boost their performance if possible.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:27 pm

MAS wrote:SDX recognizes aggressive tones and military jargon when he hears it.

"Red creature, SDX emphatically recommends immediate reallocation of our collective mass from this coordinate to one of increased obscurity."

SDX goes in search of whatever passes for "drive systems" on this primitive space canoe, intending to boost their performance if possible.  

Repair check, DC 15 (x2)

1 - take power away from another system
    2 - reroute power to engines

Here is the current status of the ship, updated from n*113

Chris wrote:

The Wrenvenge:
    137\200 shields
    full 180\180 hull

Pilot: Shivak
    Commander: Bos
    Engineer: Sharn
    Shields:
    Sensors: Irwin, boosted +1 by Sharn
    Engines: Boosted +1 by Sharn

Quad Laser Cannons (Front):
    Ion Cannon (Turret): Tarro
    Tractor Beam: Bos

*Concussion Missiles (F):

* marks by the other wpns and shields represent their lack of power or function.

Sharn and Bos were basically power swapping from 1 system to the next and back, to gain boosts during their turn. Sharn used the Tractor Beam power to boost sensors, then Bos took it back for the TB.

Currently, only the Conc. Missiles are without power as that energy is feeding the boosted engines.

Reference the charts in post n*1 for more ideas of how\where to move power

MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Cut to the chase!  (or Learning to fly) - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue60/112Cut to the chase!  (or Learning to fly) - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:29 pm

SDX isn't looking to do a power transfer, he is looking to do see if he could jury-rig the engines and augment this primitive propulsion system with some fundamental Prime scientific principles.

"Proposal; cross fade the flux ratio across the lower transducer circuit, creating hyperspace resonance in a post quantum field, then provoke a controlled collapse. The ship will then ride the wave with increased speed!"

Repair/Construct (Prime Devices)
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +16" :

17 + 16 = 33

Quote from Futurama episode "Where No Fan Has Gone Before":
    (This whole episode had most of the cast of Star Trek as guest stars, pretty good stuff)

Fry: Usually on the show, they came up with a complicated plan, then explained it with a simple analogy.
    Leela: Hmmm... If we can re-route engine power through the primary weapons and configure them to Melllvar's frequency, that should overload his electro-quantum structure.
    Bender: Like putting too much air in a balloon!
    Fry: Of course! It's all so simple!
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:20 pm

MAS wrote:SDX isn't looking to do a power transfer, he is looking to do see if he could jury-rig the engines and augment this primitive propulsion system with some fundamental Prime scientific principles.

"Proposal; cross fade the flux ratio across the lower transducer circuit, creating hyperspace resonance in a post quantum field, then provoke a controlled collapse. The ship will then ride the wave with increased speed!"

Repair/Construct (Prime Devices)
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +16" :

17 + 16 = 33

The strange-looking droid that appeared with Tarro darts back to the engines.  He would shake his head, if he had a "head" to shake.  He begins to.... well.... no one can really tell what the stars it is doing.

Top of the Round!

map is accurate, just remove the 2 DSF, they crashed and burned

Cut to the chase!  (or Learning to fly) - Page 3 Cut_to13

Chris wrote:
    Initiative:

Shivak = 17
    Tarro = 17  *delayed until after move
    Sharn = 17
    Bos =15
    DSF (Droid Starfighters) = 9
    CorSec patrol craft = 7
    Republic Cruisers in orbit = 6
    SDX = 3
    all crew has haste

Reminder, there are 6 CorSec patrol craft converging on the Wrenvenge, plus 1 DSF, plus several capital-class Republic cruisers and destroyers in orbit.

Shivak is up
    + Tarro, Sharn and Bos can all declare and\or coordinate their actions
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:58 am

"Somebody engage the damned cloaking device and we're out of here!"

hold action until then
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:08 am

whit10 wrote:"Somebody engage the damned cloaking device and we're out of here!"

hold action until then

A good suggestion!  Remember that the Cloaking Device sucks all the power from the weapons and shields, which the crew has been rerouting all around the ship for the last several rounds.  It will take a total of 10 repair checks (move action each) for the crew to reroute power away from 5 systems and back to the Cloak.

That is part of the reason small ships don't usually have Cloaking Devices, they are too power-hungry and small crews have trouble managing the system.  You guys have enough people to make it work, if you coordinate your efforts.  

study Haste doesn't directly apply (it adds +30 to movement speed and gives 1 extra attack when making a full round attack), but if you take a full round repair (2 move actions) I will give you an extra reroute (like the extra attack) since this is a dramatic moment as CorSec, the Republic Fleet and a DSF are all zeroing in on the new party.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:33 pm

well, we certainly aren't going to fight our way out of this...

"get the cloak up and I'll get us out of here..."
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:48 am

Tarro, Sharn and Bos are all up

Shivak is holding
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:00 pm

Sharn will help patch-in the cloaking device.

Sharn repair checks:
    1) 7 + 13 = 20
    2) 10 + 13 = 23
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:42 pm

Chris wrote:
    study Haste doesn't directly apply (it adds +30 to movement speed and gives 1 extra attack when making a full round attack), but if you take a full round repair (2 move actions) I will give you an extra reroute (like the extra attack) since this is a dramatic moment as CorSec, the Republic Fleet and a DSF are all zeroing in on the new party.

Robyo wrote:Sharn will help patch-in the cloaking device.
    Sharn repair checks:
    1) 7 + 13 = 20
    2) 10 + 13 = 23

+1
    Sharn's furry fingers fly with a surprising ease in the tight spaces control panels and junction boxes. Sharn has rerouted 3\5 of the needed power for the Cloaking Device

Tarro and Bos are up

Shivak holding
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:25 pm

"Save shields and ion canon for last." Is the DSF in range? Still closing on us? If Tarro has no shot he will route power from 2 things, leaving shields.

17+15=32
    20+15=35

"Stay on that DSF after cloaking. Be ready to uncloak and fire and then disappear again."
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:35 pm

I can't speak for Bronson, but I've been chatting with him lately, and it looks like he's dropping out of SW. It seems the juxtaposition of SW and PF is just too complicated, and too time-consuming for him to play adequately, especially since he has no experience with either system. He did mention that when we wanted to try some low-level PF fantasy stuff (Alan's game?), he might be more willing.

We are however, gonna continue with the Faction Wars game. If Chris needs to drop out of that one for awhile, no problem.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:56 am

navyik wrote:"Save shields and ion canon for last."  Is the DSF in range?  Still closing on us? If Tarro has no shot he will route power from 2 things, leaving shields.

17+15=32
    20+15=35

"Stay on that DSF after cloaking.  Be ready to uncloak and fire and then disappear again."

The Wrenvenge has 4 weapons + shields, all of which are required to power the Cloak. Sharn had done 3 and Tarro finishes off the final systems. The Wrenvenge shimmers like a mirage in the desert and disappears (also +20 to avoid detection by sensors).

Bos still has an action, but he will hold. If Bronson is out, I can run Bos until the scene is over.

DSF hasn't acted yet, so it hasn't moved

Shivak - the Cloak is engaged
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:56 am

"Attention Corsec Captain Joric." "Bye..."

Shivak brings the ship about and changes his orientation by 20 degrees to port (to assume a new course trajectory in case they decide to track the Wrenvenge's path) he then punches the engines to full power and heads to the outer atmosphere intending to break orbit.

Pilot check needed?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:50 am

whit10 wrote:"Attention Corsec Captain Joric."  "Bye..."

Shivak brings the ship about and changes his orientation by 20 degrees to port (to assume a new course trajectory in case they decide to track the Wrenvenge's path) he then punches the engines to full power and heads to the outer atmosphere intending to break orbit.

Pilot check needed?

no check needed Cool

Shivak can hear chatter from the other end of the comm:  

Joric: You are not going anywhere, we have your ship..... wait..... uh..... where did it go?

Sensor Tech1: It just vanished, sir

Joric: But... that's impossible, no ship that small....

Sensor Tech2:  apparently it does have a Cloaking Device, sir

Republic Cruiser: No sign of them from up here either.  They have both Cloaked and disappeared from visual

Joric: Damnit, Senator Dodonna will have my head.... wait.... is the comm still open?

Sensor Tech1: yes, sir, as you requested

****comm channel closes****

Shivak "punches the engines" and the Wrenvenge rockets towards the outer atmosphere.  The crew are all thrown backwards at the rate of acceleration.  Even Shivak can feel the G-force pressing his scaly skin into his cheek bones.  Starships normally compensate for this with inertial dampners, but perhaps they aren't functioning properly or no longer have power.    In the blink of an eye, the Wrenvenge has escaped Coruscant's gravity well and is passing by the hapless Republic cruisers in orbit, when the stars begin to warp.  The crew has all seen the spiral tunnel of hyperspace; this is something totally different.

The ship doesn't "enter hyperspace", it stays in normal space and accelerates beyond sub-light speeds.

Chris wrote:
    MAS wrote:SDX isn't looking to do a power transfer, he is looking to do see if he could jury-rig the engines and augment this primitive propulsion system with some fundamental Prime scientific principles.

The strange-looking droid that appeared with Tarro darts back to the engines.  He would shake his head, if he had a "head" to shake.  He begins to.... well.... no one can really tell what the stars it is doing.

SDX seems to have created some new type of Interstellar Drive.... though it may not be entirely stable.

Cut to the chase!  (or Learning to fly) - Page 3 Inters10

Since Shivak "punched the engines" while still inside Coruscant's atmosphere, the quantum field collapse also begins inside the planet's atmosphere.  After the Wrenvenge is long gone, having rode the wave created by the field's collapse, the vacuum left behind takes hold of the skies.  At first, no one pays much attention to the strange shapes in the clouds, high above Coruscant.....

Cut to the chase!  (or Learning to fly) - Page 3 Spaces10

The very atmosphere of the planet begins to get sucked into the vacuum behind the collapsed field

Cut to the chase!  (or Learning to fly) - Page 3 Clouds10

The effect is not limited to gases, soon vehicles, people and the very streets and buildings of Coruscant get pulled into the collapsing field.

Cut to the chase!  (or Learning to fly) - Page 3 Invers10

Even the Republic Fleet and Carrick Station cannot escape.  

Trillions of voices cry out in terror and are suddenly silenced.

Last edited by Chris on Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:51 am; edited 2 times in total
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:50 am

whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:00 pm

Holy shit we just destroyed Coruscant...

...oops

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:16 pm