Dropbox - http://www.dropbox.com/

Open Office - http://www.openoffice.org/

4 posters

Port Nowhere like Home

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Port Nowhere like Home - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue35/35Port Nowhere like Home - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Port Nowhere like Home - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0/0Port Nowhere like Home - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Port Nowhere like Home - Page 4 Empty Re: Port Nowhere like Home

Post  Chris Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:00 pm

whit10 wrote:well, ideally, he would like to push the button and then go for "ramming speed" while using Move Object. He would also then try to use Move Object to pull Tarro and SDX out.  Is that just two standard actions?

He has one Hero Point left and that could be used for this (I think a move action will be required as well?)

moving an object or person is only a Move Action (which is why you can use it to fly or for speed for yourself)

using MO as an attack (accelerating the lift) is a full round action

however, the object has to be within 10m to initially gather it up with the Force

MO can only "hurl" something that is small or medium sized anyways and I would think a lift that can carry multiple people would have to be at least Large, if not Huge.

I love the idea - is there another way you can figure out to make the lift move faster?
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Port Nowhere like Home - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue19/19Port Nowhere like Home - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    Port Nowhere like Home - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue1/0Port Nowhere like Home - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:26 pm

well, it's a turbo lift, so it should be going pretty fast when it hits him. Shivak doesn't really have the tech skills to re-wire it or override something.

I can do this... if anyone wants to chime in, now is the time. I'll perform the action later tonight when I get a chance
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Port Nowhere like Home - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue35/35Port Nowhere like Home - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Port Nowhere like Home - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0/0Port Nowhere like Home - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:33 pm

whit10 wrote:well, it's a turbo lift, so it should be going pretty fast when it hits him.  Shivak doesn't really have the tech skills to re-wire it or override something.

I can do this... if anyone wants to chime in, now is the time.  I'll perform the action later tonight when I get a chance

but pressing the button - enabling routine, normal, safe operation - would also make it slow down by the time it reaches your floor. Kirk doesn't get slammed into the ceiling every time the turbolift moves - there are built-in safety features

Shivak wouldn't have to re-wire the whole turbolift - just the fail-safe mechanism, if you go that route
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Port Nowhere like Home - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue19/19Port Nowhere like Home - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    Port Nowhere like Home - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue1/0Port Nowhere like Home - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:51 pm

Before I roll dice, I just want to make sure on something here....

move action to get shivak to the button and push it.

move action to use Move Object on SDX and Tarro (will that cover both of them?)

that's it?

you will need a roll for Move Object... I'm also thinking that shivak would have enough knowledge of technology and what not to make a Computer Use check or something applicable to swing his lightsaber at the turbolift shaft and disable the failsafe that stops it? Really trying to think outside the box here

this would require a use of a Hero Point as well I believe?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:04 am

whit10 wrote:Before I roll dice, I just want to make sure on something here....

move action to get shivak to the button and push it.

move action to use Move Object on SDX and Tarro (will that cover both of them?)

that's it?

you will need a roll for Move Object... I'm also thinking that shivak would have enough knowledge of technology and what not to make a Computer Use check or something applicable to swing his lightsaber at the turbolift shaft and disable the failsafe that stops it?  Really trying to think outside the box here

this would require a use of a Hero Point as well I believe?

Yes - move to the door and push button (free) - since we are playing with those terrible 5e rules you hate that allow 1 minor action per move\standard Wink

Yes - move action for Move Object.  It does repeatedly use the singular word "object" not "objects" plural.... but in the spirit of enabling a great idea - just make the DC20 for moving a Large object and we'll count 1 medium and 1 small creature as a single large mass.  cost = 4hp

Disabling the failsafe..... that actually seems like the hardest part for Shivak.  It isn't a Computer Use skill.  It is mechanical and technology - neither knowledge Shivak has, nor does he have the general Disable Device skill.

Shivak does have my single favorite Force skill in SW - FARSEEING!
    this amazing skill allows a Jedi to see or know anything that might occur in the future, but only once per week.

This is the most difficult and important roll of the whole sequence.    DC = 25 (future) and cost 9 HP

If Shivak succeeds at the Farseeing check, he will have had an earlier vision of this moment in the future and know exactly where to plunge his lightsaber into the control box.

Farseeing  DC 25 (free)

Move + push button

Use Lightsaber guided by the Force - DC 10 attack roll if the Farseeing succeeds, otherwise he will need a natural crit to hit the tiny wire by luck

Move Object(s) DC 20  (surge action)

study I am off to Craig for part of the day, I will check in later
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:07 pm

I forgot about the 5ed stuff... that's one of the few "good ideas" that they had.

anyway...

Move Object:

Roll(1d20)+13:
    10,+13
    Total:23

ooh, close.

Farseeing:

Roll(1d20)+7:
    19,+7
    Total:26

ooh, close again, yikes!

I think that does it though?

Attack action:

Roll(1d20)+17:
    20,+17
    Total:37

lol...

Do you need a damage roll?

and just because I like comic moments.... as Shivak walks casually over to the panel and moves SDX and Tarro with his mind out of the shaft he looks up at the turbolift.... "going, down?"  He then pushes the button, waits a few seconds and slices the tube with pinpoint accuracy.

HP: 42/100 - +4 to Dex currently (and all Dex. related stuff including attacks and damage).
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:59 pm

whit10 wrote:
    and just because I like comic moments.... as Shivak walks casually over to the panel and moves SDX and Tarro with his mind out of the shaft he looks up at the turbolift.... "going, down?"  He then pushes the button, waits a few seconds and slices the tube with pinpoint accuracy.

The chaos of battle swirls around Shivak, who suddenly finds himself in a moment of calm.  Everything seems to move in slow motion.  Shivak experiences a clarity with the Force unlike any he has felt since.... Kintan.  Shivak had almost forgotten that feeling..... being 1 with the Force and the flow of the universe.

Port Nowhere like Home - Page 4 Awaken10

Shivak's mind expands beyond the cellular walls of his body.  He can see the mechanical layout of the starship-turned-asteroid base.  He can see the battle that rages outside between the Wisps and the rest of the Eldrazi.  

Shivak understands the complex mechanical and electrical connections of the turbolift.  Electricity flows... the Force flows..... there!  Shivak sees the junction that he seeks

Port Nowhere like Home - Page 4 3-phas10

Shivak calls down the turbolift.  The Force guides his lightsaber, like a master surgeon's scalpel, into the control box at just the right location to not only disable the failsafe, but to fuse the accelerator in the open position.  (You made both the Farseeing roll AND got a natural crit, unbelievable)

Port Nowhere like Home - Page 4 Runawa10

The large turbolift box comes screaming down the shaft.  It would inflict 4d6 (size) + 12d6 (120 ft - 2nd part of the turbolift shaft, which you haven't seen yet).  Since you got a crit, we shall double the damage to 32d6 (is this Shadowrun?!?!)

Roll(32d6)+0:
    6,6,2,6,2,4,3,1,5,6,6,3,4,5,5,4,3,5,3,6,4,4,5,5,3,1,4,5,6,2,2,6,+0
    Total:132

Tarro and SDX can see the turbolift above them crash into the Eldrazi Weaver at an insane speed.  Both can faintly hear.... music coming from the elevator itself.  There are no lyrics just an electronic melody, but it is a familiar tune.  Somehow, in their final moments of life, their minds know the words....

Heirs of a cold war
    That's what we've become
    Inheriting troubles I'm mentally numb
    Crazy, I just cannot bear
    I'm living with something' that just isn't fair

Mental wounds not healing
    Who and what's to blame
    I'm going off the rails on a crazy train
    I'm going off the rails on a crazy train

Shivak senses a primal fear, the fear of imminent death, from Tarro and SDX.  Their minds are free to experience the approaching turbolift, even though their bodies are paralyzed.  Shivak allows the fear to pass through him, like wind through a screendoor.  Shivak tugs gently at the Force that connects all living things.  Tarro and SDX float easily backwards and out of the turbolift shaft, just as the lift itself crashes down in front of them.

The Mythic battle is over.  The party has prevailed!

Shivak can sense that the Wisps have routed the remaining Eldrazi outside.  Everyone can hear another trumpet blast that signals the end of the war.  Several wisps appear in front of the party.

any post-fight actions?

(I will do some more wrap-up stuff later)
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:07 pm

Is Jakarro still alive? Shivak will also try to heal his compatriots if they need it

(yeah, I can't believe I made the Farseeing roll.. whew)
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:10 am

whit10 wrote:Is Jakarro still alive?  Shivak will also try to heal his compatriots if they need it  

(yeah, I can't believe I made the Farseeing roll.. whew)

we can deal with that in the wrap-up thread, stand by it may take me a bit to calculate treasure, etc and write the start of the wrap up
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Port Nowhere like Home - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue60/112Port Nowhere like Home - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:40 pm

Holy shit Josh. Nicely played!!!

SDX allows all of his summons to expire.

FYI - I'll be off-line from forum gaming Wednesday through Saturday. Big trip down to the FL Keys to network with BSA execs and whatever other companies are present. All expense paid "VIP social" at the High Sea adventure base. This fishing business is tough! Wink
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:41 am

MAS wrote:Holy shit Josh. Nicely played!!!

SDX allows all of his summons to expire.

FYI - I'll be off-line from forum gaming Wednesday through Saturday. Big trip down to the FL Keys to network with BSA execs and whatever other companies are present. All expense paid "VIP social" at the High Sea adventure base. This fishing business is tough! Wink

cheers it's official, you win!
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:44 am

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:23 pm