Dropbox - http://www.dropbox.com/

Open Office - http://www.openoffice.org/

4 posters

Port Nowhere like Home

navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Port Nowhere like Home - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue68/68Port Nowhere like Home - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Port Nowhere like Home - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Port Nowhere like Home - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Port Nowhere like Home - Page 2 Empty Re: Port Nowhere like Home

Post  navyik Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:35 pm

Ready attack action, then.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Port Nowhere like Home - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue19/19Port Nowhere like Home - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    Port Nowhere like Home - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1/0Port Nowhere like Home - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:51 pm

there are two beasties next to the turbolifts, yes?

Shivak will summon up the force to use Move Object to "fly" himself over to the turbolifts.

Mr. GM, I'm not sure on the movement here. Using Move Object is a move action. Then I will use the last Heroic Burst for the day for another 30'. I think it will also require the use of a Hero Point to get to M-23? I want to be to the 8 o'clock position of the left most dude by the lifts.

that all make sense?

Move Object roll, waiting on GM's ruling for use of a Hero Point.

Move Object:

Roll(1d20)+13:
    13,+13
    Total:26

Should be good on the check... Shivak is at 59 HP
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Port Nowhere like Home - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue35/35Port Nowhere like Home - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Port Nowhere like Home - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Port Nowhere like Home - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:08 am

whit10 wrote:there are two beasties next to the turbolifts, yes?

Shivak will summon up the force to use Move Object to "fly" himself over to the turbolifts.

Mr. GM, I'm not sure on the movement here.  Using Move Object is a move action.  Then I will use the last Heroic Burst for the day for another 30'.  I think it will also require the use of a Hero Point to get to M-23?  I want to be to the 8 o'clock position of the left most dude by the lifts.

that all make sense?

Move Object roll, waiting on GM's ruling for use of a Hero Point.

Move Object:

Roll(1d20)+13:
    13,+13
    Total:26

Should be good on the check...  Shivak is at 59 HP

I think Shivak can do this, no problem.  I am not sure I understand your question though about the Heroic Burst and Hero Point.   scratch

Move Object does not give Shivak 30ft of flight, besides that would require 3 rolls and 3x the vitality cost.

I count (including using 3 diagonal moves) that Shivak is a total of 16 squares (each square is 2m for SW rules) = 32m

Shivak weighs somewhere in the 50-500 kg weight range - so that is a DC 20 and -4 HP

Move Object allows a Force User to move an object up to 4m x Force User level.  So with 1 use of the skill, Shivak can fly himself (or any object he can lift) up to 44m (22 hexes) in 1 move action.  

The 32m mentioned above does not account for flying over the Huge Eldrazi H or trying to fly beyond his reach (remember he grabbed Tarro from 2 squares away.

Shivak does not have enough movement to fly over the Huge Eldrazi H, but with the extra 6 squares, he could go 2 more north (beyond his reach) then 2 more south to come back down on the other side - still with only 1 use of MO.

What are you trying to do with the Heroic Burst and Hero Point?  scratch
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Port Nowhere like Home - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue19/19Port Nowhere like Home - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    Port Nowhere like Home - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1/0Port Nowhere like Home - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:05 am

I guess I'm not seeing the map right then, aren't there two guys at the turbolift? I want him next to one, ideally, to start using Affect Mind again... these guys seem more susceptible. If he doesn't need to use Heroic Burst for the extra movement that I thought was required, then I can use that for Affect Mind or an attack... that's why I wanted the clarification. Make Sense?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Port Nowhere like Home - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue35/35Port Nowhere like Home - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:19 am

yup, 2 Eldrazi M south of the turbolifts

I think Shivak can get there in 1 (move) Move Object - but his path will either take him through 2 stinking clouds or subject him to an AoO from the Eldrazi H

Shivak would have 1 standard action left. Affect Mind is a Full Round Action - so you are correct that he would need to use some kind of surge\hero for an extra action.

Does that answer the question?
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Port Nowhere like Home - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue60/112Port Nowhere like Home - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:42 pm

Happy New Year!

whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:20 am

Port Nowhere like Home - Page 2 Merry_10

Shivak will make one attack on his target then. The Eldrazi can take his AoO.

Attack after that:

Roll(1d20)+18:
    15,+18
    Total:33

Assume that hits, damage:

Roll(3d8)+7:
    3,1,8,+7
    Total:19

Shivak is done
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:36 pm

Chris wrote:
    I think Shivak can get there in 1 (move) Move Object - but his path will either take him through 2 stinking clouds or subject him to an AoO from the Eldrazi H

whit10 wrote:
    Shivak will make one attack on his target then.  The Eldrazi can take his AoO.

Shivak lifts himself with the Force and tries to fly over the top of the Huge Eldrazi H.  The multi-tentacled creature already has Tarro clamped down tightly in its teeth.  It looks up with surprise as another tasty morsel passes into its reach.

AoO + 8 anti-hero point +1d6 mythic surge

Roll(1d6)+0:
    4,+0
    Total:4

Tentacle attack +17 (+12 from above)
    Roll(1d20)+29:
    13,+29
    Total:42

I believe that hits
    (please, provide a stat block like Alan and Matt on your turn.  it really saves me from having to search through your character sheet, then look through the thread for your buffs)

damage
    Roll(4d4)+8:
    1,2,3,1,+8
    Total:15

free grab check vs CMD 24 +4 from Enhanced ability (? anything else)
    Roll(1d20)+23:
    14,+23
    Total:37 + 12 (hero and surge) = 49

however, per the grab rules:

Grab (Ex) If a creature with this special attack hits with the indicated attack (usually a claw or bite attack), it deals normal damage and attempts to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity.... The creature has the option to conduct the grapple normally, or simply use the part of its body it used in the grab to hold the opponent. If it chooses to do the latter, it takes a –20 penalty on its CMB check to make and maintain the grapple, but does not gain the grappled condition itself.

As I read that, the creature CAN grab\grapple multiple opponents, but only 1 of them is 'fully grappled' and any additional targets are with the limb only, so at -20 to the CMB check to grab\grapple.

-20 to the above roll = 29
    just enough to grab Shivak

Shivak is barely caught by the Eldrazi H's tentacle, as he tries to fly over it. Shivak never makes it over to Eldrazi M but he still has a standard action.

map is updated (eidolon added just so I don't forget, he doesn't appear until SDX's action this round)

Port Nowhere like Home - Page 2 1_cc_f13

Shivak is still up if he wants to use his standard action

Eldrazi H on deck
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:07 pm

can the tentacle be attacked? If so, then here is one against it... let me know what mod to apply (in case it's a sunder attack or something)

Roll(1d20)+0:
    19,+0

Heh heh... that's a critical threat no matter the attack type...
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Port Nowhere like Home - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue60/112Port Nowhere like Home - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:56 pm

Chris wrote:The multi-tentacled creature already has Tarro clamped down tightly in its teeth.  It looks up with surprise as another tasty morsel passes into its reach.

Port Nowhere like Home - Page 2 Star-wars-leia-facepalm-e1410990893911
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:45 pm

whit10 wrote:can the tentacle be attacked?  If so, then here is one against it... let me know what mod to apply (in case it's a sunder attack or something)

Roll(1d20)+0:
    19,+0

Heh heh... that's a critical threat no matter the attack type...

It isn't a weapon, it is just the creature's arm (effectively).  Shivak can attack the creature with the usual "grappled" modifiers, listed here

Grappled: A grappled creature is restrained by a creature, trap, or effect. Grappled creatures cannot move and take a –4 penalty to Dexterity. A grappled creature takes a –2 penalty on all attack rolls and combat maneuver checks, except those made to grapple or escape a grapple. In addition, grappled creatures can take no action that requires two hands to perform. A grappled character who attempts to cast a spell or use a spell-like ability must make a concentration check (DC 10 + grappler's CMB + spell level), or lose the spell. Grappled creatures cannot make attacks of opportunity.

Go ahead and calculate your attack please.  A 19 may be a critical threat, but unlike a natural 20, a 19 is not an automatic hit and you can miss with a natural 19.  

study I think Shivak will hit  

Go ahead and calculate the crit check with the above penalties along with the actual attack roll and damage
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:12 am

Sorry for the mix-up. I should have known that.

Confirmation for Crit.

Roll(1d20)+15:
    20,+15
    Total:35

Ha Ha! That got him

Roll(6d8)+4:
    6,7,3,6,6,3,+4
    Total:35
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:19 pm

Eldrazi H squirms in pain as it gets hacked by Shivak's deadly blow.  

study I like the concept of monster-agro from video games, so the Eldrazi H will shift its focus to Shivak, since it was the most recent opponent to cause good damage.  Effectively, Shivak pulled the "agro" or focus from Tarro to himself.

If you do not release the grapple, you must continue to make a check each round, as a standard action, to maintain the hold. If your target does not break the grapple, you get a +5 circumstance bonus on grapple checks made against the same target in subsequent rounds. Once you are grappling an opponent, a successful check allows you to continue grappling the foe, and also allows you to perform one of the following actions (as part of the standard action spent to maintain the grapple).

Pinned: A pinned creature is tightly bound and can take few actions. A pinned creature cannot move and is denied its Dexterity bonus. A pinned character also takes an additional –4 penalty to his Armor Class. A pinned creature is limited in the actions that it can take. A pinned creature can always attempt to free itself, usually through a combat maneuver check or Escape Artist check. A pinned creature can take verbal and mental actions, but cannot cast any spells that require a somatic or material component. A pinned character who attempts to cast a spell or use a spell-like ability must make a concentration check (DC 10 + grappler's CMB + spell level) or lose the spell. Pinned is a more severe version of grappled, and their effects do not stack.

Eldrazi H will use its standard action to maintain the grapple on Shivak and attempt to add pinned as he did with Tarro, who is currently pinned.

Eldrazi H gets +5 since Shivak is already grappled.

Shivak has a base CMD of 24 + 4 from EA, but -2 from being grappled = 26

Eldrazi H has a CMB of 23 + 5

Roll(1d20)+28:
    9,+28
    Total:37

Shivak is now pinned

Eldrazi H will use only a tentacle (limb) to attempt to maintain its hold on Tarro, now at -20, but since Tarro is pinned he is compeltely denied his Dex bonus, which lowers his CMD.  Eldrazi H still gets the +5 since Tarro was previously grappled.

Tarro has a base CMD of 30, but he loses the -6 for no Dex = 24

Eldrazi H has CMB of 23 + 5 for Tarro being grappled -20 for using only his limb

Roll(1d20)+8:
    9,+8
    Total:17

affraid Eldrazi H has lost his grip on Tarro, which triggers his held attack action!

map is unchanged

Port Nowhere like Home - Page 2 1_cc_f14

Chris wrote:Initiative:  Rd 1

Shivak 23
    Tarro 19
    Eldrazi H 19
    SDX 18
    Eldrazi M 13
    Sharn 11
    Eldrazi W 5

Tarro's readied action is up (initiative now lowered)

SDX is on deck
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Port Nowhere like Home - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue68/68Port Nowhere like Home - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:59 pm

Does it spit him out? If Tarro stays in its mouth, does it still lose dex? Vital strike with pinpoint targeting down its throat. Eldrazi H loses armor, natural armor, and shield bonuses.

5+19+3+1+1=29 to attack
    Dmg=9d8+5=38
    Snk att if it applies 3d6=7
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:56 am

navyik wrote:Does it spit him out?  If Tarro stays in its mouth, does it still lose dex? Vital strike with pinpoint targeting down its throat.  Eldrazi H loses armor, natural armor, and shield bonuses.

5+19+3+1+1=29 to attack
    Dmg=9d8+5=38
    Snk att if it applies 3d6=7

Tarro is released from its mouth as he is no longer grappled or pinned. Tarro blasts the beast in its face for good measure. It appears to be badly injured at this point.

SDX is up
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:03 am

SDX HP = 83/100
    Improved Invisibility, 5 rounds
    Mythic Power, 2 remaining

BRALANI CR 6
    XP 2,400
    CG Medium outsider (azata, chaotic, extraplanar, good, shapechanger)
    Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception +15
    DEFENSE

1 Point evolution (Evolved Summoned Monster feat) Acid resistance 5
    AC 20, touch 14, flat-footed 16 (+4 Dex, +6 natural)
    hp 86 (66+20 for medium Construct)
    Fort +9, Ref +9, Will +6
    DR 10/cold iron or evil; Immune electricity, petrification; Resist cold 10, fire 10; SR 17
    OFFENSE

Speed 40 ft., fly 100 ft. (perfect)
    Melee +1 scimitar +13/+8 (1d6+8/18–20) or slam +12 (1d6+7)
    Ranged +1 composite longbow +12/+7 (1d8+8/×3)
    Special Attacks whirlwind blast
    Spell-Like Abilities (CL 6th)
    At Will—blur, charm person (DC 13), gust of wind (DC 14), mirror image, wind wall
    2/day—lightning bolt (DC 15), cure serious wounds
    STATISTICS

Str 24, Dex 18, Con 23, Int 13, Wis 14, Cha 15
    Base Atk +7; CMB +12; CMD 26
    Feats Blind-Fight, Improved Initiative, Iron Will, Skill Focus (Perception)
    Skills Bluff +12, Fly +22, Handle Animal +12, Perception +15, Ride +14, Sense Motive +12, Stealth +14
    Languages Celestial, Draconic, Infernal; truespeech
    SQ wind form

SPECIAL ABILITIES

Whirlwind Blast (Su) When in wind form, a bralani can attack with a scouring blast of wind, dealing 3d6 points of damage in a 20-foot line (Reflex DC 17 half). The save DC is Constitution-based.
    Wind Form (Su) A bralani can shift between its humanoid body and a body made of wind and mist as a standard action. In humanoid form, it cannot fly or use its whirlwind blast. In wind form, it functions as if under the effects of a wind walk spell. It can make slam attacks and use spell-like abilities in either form. A bralani remains in one form until it chooses to assume its other form. A change in form cannot be dispelled, nor does the bralani revert to any particular form when killed (both shapes are its true form). A true seeing spell reveals both forms simultaneously.

EIDOLON
    Configuration B, Construct - Spell Summoned:
    BIPED: Size Large; Speed 30 ft./ Fly 30 ft. ; AC +2 natural armor; Saves Fort (good), Ref (bad), Will (good); Attack 2 claws (1d4); Ability Scores Str 34, Dex 10, Con 10*, Int 7, Wis 10, Cha 11; Free Evolutions claws, limbs (arms), limbs (legs).
    HD: 9 / Good Saves +6, Bad Save +3 / Armor +8 / Str +4 / Max Attacks = 5
    HP = 126
    FORT = +2
    REF = +2
    WILL = +2
    AC = 25
    BAB = +8
    Attacks = +19 / Claws x4, 1d4+12 +1d6 Acid & Slam 2D6+12
    Darkvision, Evasion, Link, Share Spells, Ability Score increase x2, Devotion, Multiattack
    No Constitution score. Any DCs or other statistics that rely on a Constitution score treat a construct as having a score of 10 (no bonus or penalty).
    Low-light vision.
    Darkvision 60 feet.
    Immunity to all mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, morale effects, patterns, and phantasms).
    Immunity to bleed, disease, death effects, necromancy effects, paralysis, poison, sleep effects, and stunning.
    Cannot heal damage on its own, but often can be repaired via exposure to a certain kind of effect (see the creature's description for details) or through the use of the Craft Construct feat. Constructs can also be healed through spells such as make whole. A construct with the fast healing special quality still benefits from that quality.
    Not subject to ability damage, ability drain, fatigue, exhaustion, energy drain, or nonlethal damage.
    Immunity to any effect that requires a Fortitude save (unless the effect also works on objects, or is harmless).
    Not at risk of death from massive damage. Immediately destroyed when reduced to 0 hit points or less.
    A construct cannot be raised or resurrected.
    A construct is hard to destroy, and gains bonus hit points based on size, LARGE = 30
    Proficient with its natural weapons only, unless generally humanoid in form, in which case proficient with any weapon mentioned in its entry.
    Proficient with no armor.
    Constructs do not breathe, eat, or sleep.

Power Attack (Combat)
    Cleave (Combat)
    Combat Reflexes (Combat)
    Toughness
    Intimidating Prowess (Add your Strength modifier to Intimidate skill checks in addition to your Charisma modifier.)

+4 morale bonus on Will saves against enchantment spells and effects.
    The creature's secondary attacks with natural weapons take only a –2 penalty.
    Evasion (Ex): If an eidolon is subjected to an attack that normally allows a Reflex save for half damage, it takes no damage if it makes a successful saving throw.
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:43 am

The Bralani Archers raise their bows and fire double blasts at the massive beast holding Shivak.

B1
    Attack1
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +12" :

11 + 12 = 23

Dmg if Hits
    Result of the throw of dice "1d8 +8" :

4 + 8 = 12

Attack2
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +7" :

11 + 7 = 18

Dmg if Hits

7 + 8 = 15

B2
    Attack1

2 + 12 = 14

Dmg if Hits

6 + 8 = 14

Attack2

15 + 7 = 22

Dmg if Hits

4 + 8 = 12

B3
    Attack1

14 + 12 = 26

Dmg if Hits

5 + 8 = 13

Attack2

12 + 7 = 19

Dmg if Hits

8 + 8 = 16

SDX can move "fly 40", he'll path as efficiently as possible to get to M/9 - then launch a nano-bot swarm programmed to "SLOW" up to 11 enemy creatures including the big nasty tentacle creature, AOE centered L-M/15-16.

Casting Time 1 standard action
    Range close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
    Targets one creature/level, no two of which can be more than 30 ft. apart
    Duration 1 round/level
    Saving Throw Will negates DC 17; Spell Resistance yes
    An affected creature moves and attacks at a drastically slowed rate. Creatures affected by this spell are staggered and can take only a single move action or standard action each turn, but not both (nor may it take full-round actions). Additionally, it takes a –1 penalty on attack rolls, AC, and Reflex saves. A slowed creature moves at half its normal speed (round down to the next 5-foot increment), which affects the creature's jumping distance as normal for decreased speed. Multiple slow effects don't stack. Slow counters and dispels haste.

Need clarification for Eidilon turn. Is there an opening in the barricade? Could he move over the barricade to get inside? If he was standing atop the barricade at M/12-13 could he strike the Elrazi inside?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:29 am

MAS wrote:
    B3
    Attack1

14 + 12 = 26

Dmg if Hits

5 + 8 = 13

SDX can move "fly 40", he'll path as efficiently as possible to get to M/9 - then launch a nano-bot swarm programmed to "SLOW"  up to 11 enemy creatures including the big nasty tentacle creature, AOE centered L-M/15-16.

Need clarification for Eidilon turn. Is there an opening in the barricade? Could he move over the  barricade to get inside? If he was standing atop the barricade at M/12-13 could he strike the Elrazi inside?

only attack1 of B3 hits, but it does minimal damage to the Eldrazi H

SDX needs to make a Spell Penetration roll to bypass the Eldrazi's SR - 1 roll for all 4 is fine

as for the barricade:

Chris wrote:
    The barricade is partial cover if they stand, full cover if they duck down and difficult terrain to climb over.  The entire white square is considered barricade, even though the image inside is smaller.

I think the eidolon would suffer an AoO if he moved to M 12\13, but he could probably hit 1 or 2 of the Eldrazi Worms from ~J-13 without entering the big guy's threat radius
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:47 pm

SDX Spell pen
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +11" :

10 + 11 = 21

Eidilon scrambles atop the barricade to J/13

2 claws vs small Elrazi @ K/12

Claw1
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +19" :

8 + 19 = 27

Dmg If Hits
    Result of the throw of dice "1d6 +1d4 +12" :

(Acid5) + 3 + 12 = 20

Claw2

11 + 19 = 30

Dmg if Hits

(Acid6) + 2 + 12 = 20

2 claws and 1 Slam vs large Elrazi @ I/14

Claw3

7 + 19 = 26

Dmg if Hits

(Acid4) + 1 + 12 = 17

Claw4

17 + 19 = 36

Dmg if Hits

(Acid1) + 2 + 12 = 15

Slam

13 + 19 = 32

Dmg if Hits
    Result of the throw of dice "2d6 +12" :

4 + 3 + 12 = 19
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:40 am

Eidolon rips the 2 Eldrazi Ws to bits of black goo!

Remaining Eldrazi W (red border) is SLOWED  Eldrazi H is unaffected (didn't pass SR)

The 2 Eldrazi M put the deep freeze on Sharn's wall of stone, which shatters into frozen bits of stone on the floor

Sharn casts Freedom of Movement on Shivak and takes a 5ft step, so as not to provoke an AoO

The last Eldrazi W slowly makes a single attack on Jakarro, who seems close to death.

map updated

Port Nowhere like Home - Page 2 Cc_fig15

Chris wrote:Initiative:  Rd 3

Shivak 23
    Tarro 19
    Eldrazi H 19
    SDX 18
    Eldrazi M 13
    Sharn 11
    Eldrazi W 5

Top o' the round!

Shivak is up
    Tarro on deck
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:33 pm

well, since Shivak is still grappled (thanks for hte Freedom of Movement)

he will make two strikes against the big sucker.

Roll(1d20)+17:
    16,+17
    Total:33

If that hits:

Roll(3d8)+7:
    6,6,3,+7
    Total:22 damage

Second swing:

Roll(1d20)+12:
    7,+12

ick... I doubt that hits

He'll have to be done
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:40 pm

Shivak is still grappled but he feels like he will be free shortly. His first swing lands true, but his second misses. The beast is still clinging on to its wretched life....

Tarro is up
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:21 am

Tarro
    Ac 30(32) SR22
    Touch 20(22)
    Hp 73/148
    PBAMF

Studied target +3/+3 (up to 3 separate targets at once).
    Aid +1 attacks and saves

Tarro designates the big guy as "prey" for "hunter's surprize." This allows his attacks to be sneak attacks this round.

Tarro unloads on the big beastie. If it drops, he will continue on to the one on Jakarro (no sneak dmg against him).

18+17+3+1+1=40 to hit
    Dmg 12+3+1+1+11 sneak=28
    Manyshot 23+3+1+1=28

12+17+3+1+1=34 to hit
    Dmg 11+3+1+1+13 sneak=29

19+17+3+1+1=41 to hit
    19+17+3+1+1=41 to crit
    Dmg 20+3+1+1=25 (x3 crit)=75
    +14 sneak

10+12+3+1+1=27 to hit
    Dmg 16+3+1+1+15 sneak =36

15+7+3+1+1=27 to hit
    Dmg 14+3+1+1+10 sneak=29
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:13 am

affraid  see.... this is why I had to tie up Tarro for a couple rounds.... good grief

Port Nowhere like Home - Page 2 Tarro10

Tarro, finally free of the Eldrazi H's grip, but still covered in slime unloads in a flurry of blaster fire!

Eldrazi H falls after the 2nd shot

Tarro pivots and drops the Eldrazi W by Jakarro in 1 shot

Tarro continues his arc of devastation and with the last 2 shots manages to destroy 1 of the 2 Eldrazi M by the turbolifts.

map is cleaned out

Port Nowhere like Home - Page 2 Cc_fig16

SDX and Eidolon are up
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:47 pm

Well done Tarro!
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:08 pm

bounce
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:50 pm

SDX HP = 83/100
    Improved Invisibility, 4 rounds

BRALANI CR 6
    XP 2,400
    DEFENSE

Fort +9, Ref +9, Will +6
    DR 10/cold iron or evil; Immune electricity, petrification; Resist cold 10, fire 10; SR 17
    OFFENSE

At Will—blur, charm person (DC 13), gust of wind (DC 14), mirror image, wind wall
    STATISTICS

Skills Bluff +12, Fly +22, Handle Animal +12, Perception +15, Ride +14, Sense Motive +12, Stealth +14
    SQ wind form

SPECIAL ABILITIES

Whirlwind Blast (Su) When in wind form, a bralani can attack with a scouring blast of wind, dealing 3d6 points of damage in a 20-foot line (Reflex DC 17 half). The save DC is Constitution-based.
    Wind Form (Su) A bralani can shift between its humanoid body and a body made of wind and mist as a standard action. In humanoid form, it cannot fly or use its whirlwind blast. In wind form, it functions as if under the effects of a wind walk spell. It can make slam attacks and use spell-like abilities in either form. A bralani remains in one form until it chooses to assume its other form. A change in form cannot be dispelled, nor does the bralani revert to any particular form when killed (both shapes are its true form). A true seeing spell reveals both forms simultaneously.

EIDOLON
    BIPED: Size Large; Speed 30 ft./ Fly 30 ft. ; AC +2 natural armor; Saves Fort (good), Ref (bad), Will (good); Attack 2 claws (1d4); Ability Scores Str 34, Dex 10, Con 10*, Int 7, Wis 10, Cha 11; Free Evolutions claws, limbs (arms), limbs (legs).
    HP = 126
    FORT = +2
    REF = +2
    WILL = +2
    AC = 25
    BAB = +8
    Darkvision, Evasion, Link, Share Spells, Ability Score increase x2, Devotion, Multiattack
    No Constitution score. Any DCs or other statistics that rely on a Constitution score treat a construct as having a score of 10 (no bonus or penalty).
    Low-light vision.
    Darkvision 60 feet.
    Immunity to all mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, morale effects, patterns, and phantasms).
    Immunity to bleed, disease, death effects, necromancy effects, paralysis, poison, sleep effects, and stunning.
    Cannot heal damage on its own, but often can be repaired via exposure to a certain kind of effect (see the creature's description for details) or through the use of the Craft Construct feat. Constructs can also be healed through spells such as make whole. A construct with the fast healing special quality still benefits from that quality.
    Not subject to ability damage, ability drain, fatigue, exhaustion, energy drain, or nonlethal damage.
    Immunity to any effect that requires a Fortitude save (unless the effect also works on objects, or is harmless).
    Not at risk of death from massive damage. Immediately destroyed when reduced to 0 hit points or less.
    A construct is hard to destroy, and gains bonus hit points based on size, LARGE = 30
    Proficient with its natural weapons only, unless generally humanoid in form, in which case proficient with any weapon mentioned in its entry.

Power Attack (Combat)
    Cleave (Combat)
    Combat Reflexes (Combat)
    Toughness
    Intimidating Prowess (Add your Strength modifier to Intimidate skill checks in addition to your Charisma modifier.)

Evasion (Ex): If an eidolon is subjected to an attack that normally allows a Reflex save for half damage, it takes no damage if it makes a successful saving throw.
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:08 pm

The Bralani Archers dash forward and launch a hail of arrow blasts at the remaining Elrazi -

GM, please move them forward 40 ft into a favorable firing position.

B1
    Attack1

14 + 12 = 26

Dmg if Hits

8 + 8 = 16

Attack2

15 + 7 = 22

Dmg if Hits

5 + 8 = 13

B2
    Attack1

17 + 12 = 29

Dmg if Hits

5 + 8 = 13

Attack2

18 + 7 = 25

Dmg if Hits

3 + 8 = 11

B3
    Attack1

9 + 12 = 21

Dmg if Hits

2 + 8 = 10

Attack2

12 + 7 = 19

Dmg if Hits

4 + 8 = 12

Looks like there is nothing but friendlies left inside the barricade? If that is correct -

The Eidilon sprints towards the remaining Elrazi, making a double move (60 feet) and getting as close as possible. If he can end his move adjacent to it, he will.

SDX takes advantage of the lull to apply additional healing to himself.

Cure light wounds
    Result of the throw of dice "1d8 +5" :

7 + 5 = 12

SDX HP 95/100
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:46 pm

Twisted Evil
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:23 pm

"Jakarro, you ever take one alive?"
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:13 pm

The Bralani squad advances and lays down a suppressing fire with their incerators.  All shots hit, but seem to do minimal damage against the shadowy Eldrazi M.

Eidolon double moves into position next to the Eldrazi M.

SDX applies a nano-heal to himself.

At 11, Eldrazi M sinks its icy claws into the Eidolon (x2 claw, 1 bite).  The 2 claws hit, the bite misses.

claw damage:  10 + 3 cold
    claw damage: 10 + 2 cold

Sensing a disturbance in the Force, Sharn holds his initiative, watching for a new threat.  At initiative 8, a trans-dimensional portal begins to open.

A massive Eldrazi Weaver appears!  
    study final boss fight study

Port Nowhere like Home - Page 2 Demon-10

It is accompanied by its personal entourage of Eldrazi Guards

Port Nowhere like Home - Page 2 Slime_11

Sharn allows it to materialze but then quickly hits it with a green ray, another Dimensional Anchor, to prevent further teleports.

The Eldrazi Weaver moves with great speed up and into the turbolift shafts.  It is heading for the Dockmaster and the main control room!

Port Nowhere like Home - Page 2 1_cc_f16

map is updated, though we will move onto a new map (the chase up the turbolift shafts) as needed.

Port Nowhere like Home - Page 2 1_tubr10

Chris wrote:Initiative:  Rd 4

Shivak 23
    Tarro 19

SDX 18
    Eldrazi M  11
    Sharn 8
    Eldrazi Weaver 8
    Eldrazi guards 8

Top o' the Round - 4

Shivak is up
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:24 pm

I'm honestly not sure where he will end up... Shivak just wants to do a double move to get into the turbolift shaft and give chase. No other actions (since he needs to double move). I think he'd end up next to the Eidolon?

MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:43 pm

Chris wrote:
    claw damage:  10 + 3 cold
    claw damage: 10 + 2 cold

Eidilon takes 20 dmg, but has Cold resistance 10 so it shrugs off the additional 5.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:53 pm

whit10 wrote:I'm honestly not sure where he will end up... Shivak just wants to do a double move to get into the turbolift shaft and give chase.  No other actions (since he needs to double move).  I think he'd end up next to the Eidolon?

That works by my count, but Shivak would be passing through the threat zones of 2 Eldrazi guards

Is that what you want to do or something else?
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:34 am

Nope, my bad. I didn't see them there.

Affect mind on one of them. "You will leave and not return!"

Roll(1d20)+24:
    18,+24

Full round action. Shivak is done HP- 55/100
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:10 pm

whit10 wrote:Nope, my bad.  I didn't see them there.

Affect mind on one of them.  "You will leave and not return!"

Roll(1d20)+24:
    18,+24

Full round action.  Shivak is done  HP- 55/100

One of the Eldrazi Guards decides to reconsider his life. He will teleport away on his turn. Let's call this one N-22, since that is the one that Shivak has the clearest LoE\LoS to target.

Tarro is up
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:14 am

Post navyik on Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:21 am
    Tarro
    Ac 30(32) SR22
    Touch 20(22)
    Hp 73/148
    PBAMF
    +1 Aid
    +3/+3 studied target

Tarro is still flying at the height of the big beastie's mouth before it fell.  He will fly to the lifts over the guards and then drop into the entrance to the shaft.  He should have a shot at the weaver.  If not, then a guard (but not the one shivak was ordering around).

Vital strike and pinpoint targeting
    13+19+1+1+3=37 to hit
    Dmg 9d6+5=50
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:33 pm

navyik wrote:Post  navyik on Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:21 am
    Tarro
    Ac 30(32) SR22
    Touch 20(22)
    Hp 73/148
    PBAMF
    +1 Aid
    +3/+3 studied target

Tarro is still flying at the height of the big beastie's mouth before it fell.  He will fly to the lifts over the guards and then drop into the entrance to the shaft.  He should have a shot at the weaver.  If not, then a guard (but not the one shivak was ordering around).

Vital strike and pinpoint targeting
    13+19+1+1+3=37 to hit
    Dmg 9d6+5=50

Sure, I agree that Tarro is still flying (it's just a fly spell in the armor) and that he can fly over the Eldrazi guards without provoking an AoO.

I know that the map may not be as clear to everyone else as it is to me.  I copy\pasted the vertical portion of the map, the 2nd map, onto the first combat map.  If you look it is a little off center - right where the Eldrazi Weaver is on the 1st map.  But it isn't really off to the side - it is vertical and going up.

I think Tarro would have to enter the big yellow highlighted square labelled "turbolifts" on the first map in order to get a LoS on the Eldrazi Weaver who is now moving vertically up the 2nd map.  I apologize for not explaining that better when I first posted them.  So if Tarro is up in the air, he would have to come down to enter the turbolift shaft and then look up.

Does that make sense?  

I count about 12 squares (60ft or 24m) using several diagonal moves to get into the yellow highlighted turbolift box.

How much movement does Tarro have and can he reach the yellow highlighted turbolift box and still take a shot?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:50 pm

Ok, let me try to show this a bit better.

The area that is highlighted in yellow "turbolifts" has 4 turbo lifts, that look roughly like this

Port Nowhere like Home - Page 2 011_tu10

since only power was restored to the hyperdrive, they are not functioning

each turbolift is basically a vertical shaft, the interior of which looks like this

Port Nowhere like Home - Page 2 Turbol10

so on the map, it works like this

Port Nowhere like Home - Page 2 Turbol11

as you can see in both the image of the shaft and the map - there are small "ledges" that you can fly\jump\climb to and stand on.  The Eldrazi Weaver is just climbing up without using the ledges.

does that help?
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:10 pm

Tarro flies @ 60'. I was figuring he could drop after he clears the guards. If I step off of a 20' cliff, am I charged for 20' of movement, or just 1 step? Is "diagonal" downward motion the same as diagonal lateral, or even diagonal upward motion? Does 10' of stairs = 10' of hallway? What about downwards? Or escalators, for that matter?

I don't mean to put up a fight. 3D can be complicated, so I will defer to the DM's perception of space and interpretation of movement. I figure whatever the rules, they apply to PC's and baddies alike. If he can't shoot the weaver, he'll shoot a guard.

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:23 pm

navyik wrote:Tarro flies @ 60'.  I was figuring he could drop after he clears the guards.  If I step off of a 20' cliff, am I charged for 20' of movement, or just 1 step?  Is "diagonal" downward motion the same as diagonal lateral, or even diagonal upward motion?  Does 10' of stairs = 10' of hallway?  What about downwards?  Or escalators, for that matter?

I don't mean to put up a fight.  3D can be complicated, so I will defer to the DM's perception of space and interpretation of movement.  I figure whatever the rules, they apply to PC's and baddies alike.  If he can't shoot the weaver, he'll shoot a guard.

All good questions and yes, 3D is complicated, as you learned.  I was inspired by your gear-shaft fight and wanted to try 3D with higher level characters that all have the possibility for flight.

Generally I agree with the rules in PF under the skill "Fly"

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Fly
    (Dex; Armor Check Penalty)

You are skilled at flying, through either the use of wings or magic, and can perform daring or complex maneuvers while airborne. Note that this skill does not give you the ability to fly.

Check: You generally need only make a Fly check when you are attempting a complex maneuver. Without making a check, a flying creature can remain flying at the end of its turn so long as it moves a distance greater than half its speed. It can also turn up to 45 degrees by sacrificing 5 feet of movement, can rise at half speed at an angle of 45 degrees, and can descend at any angle at normal speed. Note that these restrictions only apply to movement taken during your current turn. At the beginning of the next turn, you can move in a different direction than you did the previous turn without making a check. Taking any action that violates these rules requires a Fly check. The difficulty of these maneuvers varies depending upon the maneuver you are attempting, as noted on the following chart.

Flying Maneuver .....................................................Fly DC
    Move less than half speed and remain flying ...............10
    Hover ......................................................................15
    Turn greater than 45° by spending 5 feet of movement .....15
    Turn 180° by spending 10 feet of movement ...............20
    Fly up at greater than 45° angle ...............................20

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Your question about stepping off a cliff brings up the issue of whether you are choosing to fly down with control or just fall and take falling damage.  If you choose to fly down, you follow the movement rules from above.  If you choose to "not fly" then you fall for free and take damage when you land.

I think Tarro can get a shot at the Weaver.  Tarro tags the large beast from the base of the turbolift shaft!

SDX is up
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:55 pm

SDX HP = 95/100
    Improved Invisibility, 4 rounds

BRALANI CR 6
    XP 2,400
    DEFENSE

Fort +9, Ref +9, Will +6
    OFFENSE

STATISTICS

SQ wind form

SPECIAL ABILITIES

EIDOLON
    HP = 106/126
    FORT = +2
    REF = +2
    WILL = +2
    AC = 25
    BAB = +8
    Low-light vision.
    Darkvision 60 feet.

Power Attack (Combat)
    Cleave (Combat)
    Combat Reflexes (Combat)
    Toughness

Last edited by MAS on Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:56 pm

The Eidolon sets out to help clear the approach to the turbolift.

It will attack the Elrazi adjacent to the lift with 3 claw attacks - take a 5 ft step to M22

- then use its 10 ft reach to deliver 1 claw attack to Elrazi at N 22/23 and a Slam attack vs the Elrazi at N 20/21.

-----------------------------

Claw Attack 1 vs turbolift elrazi

12 + 19 = 31

Dmg if Hits

(acid 3) + 4 + 12 = 19

Claw Attack 2 vs turbolift elrazi

16 + 19 = 35

Dmg if Hits

(acid 2) + 4 + 12 = 18

Claw Attack 3 vs turbolift elrazi

6 + 19 = 25

Dmg if Hits

(acid 5) + 3 + 12 = 20

----------------------------------------------

Claw Attack 4 vs N22/23

15 + 19 = 34

Dmg if Hits

(acid 4) + 3 + 12 = 19

---------------------------------------------------

Slam vs N20/21

5 + 19 = 24

Dmg if Hits
    Result of the throw of dice "2d6 +12" :

1 + 5 + 12 = 18

The farthest "North" Bralani rushes forward and double slashes the Elrazi N 20/21 with his Scimitar.

Slash 1
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +13" :

12 + 13 = 25

Dmg if Hits
    Result of the throw of dice "1d6 +8" :

5 + 8 = 13

Slash 2

20 + 7 = 27

ROLL TO CONFIRM CRITICAL

1 + 7 = 8

ROFL! NOPE!

Dmg if Hits

6 + 8 = 14

-------------------------------

The "middle" Bralani rushes forward and delivers a double scimitar attack to Elrazi N 22/23

Slash 1
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +13" :

10 + 13 = 23

Dmg if hits

4 + 8 = 12

Slash 2

4 + 7 = 11

Doesn't hit, not dmg roll
    --------------------------------------

The "south" Bralani rushes forward and gets as close he can to the turbolift entrance without getting into melee range of an Elrazi.

He then uses a standard action to take "wind form".

SDX takes a double move (80 ft) forward and low on the map, he'll end on N/23 assuming that the adjacent Elrazi has been cleared out. If not, he'll end a reasonable distance away.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:21 pm

study sorry for the delay, I forgot to email myself the updated PP map and didn't want to recreate the whole thing.

Eidolon hits the shadowy Eldrazi M by the turbolifts all 3 times, but his claws seem to have minimal effect and the acid drips harmlessly through the creature.

Eidolon slams the Eldrazi Guard N 22\23 but his arm is splattered with a protective slime that burns (acid) for 5 damage.

Bralani - they have 2 attacks, but that is only when they take a Full Round Action.  Since they are Moving, they only have a standard action left for 1 swing each.

Bralani (north) engages Eldrazi Guard N 20\21 his scimitar hits, but seems to have little effect.  Bralani is splashed for 3 acid damage.

Bralani (middle) engages Eldrazi Guard N 22\23, like (north) he hits for minimal damage and takes 6 acid damage in return.

Bralani (south) assumes wind form and perfectly flies over the top of the Eldrazi Guards to take up a position near the turbolifts.

SDX flies over, but stays out of range

map is updated

Port Nowhere like Home - Page 2 1_cc_f17
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:40 pm

Chris wrote:Initiative:  Rd 4

Shivak 23
    Tarro 19

SDX 18
    Eldrazi M  11
    Sharn 8
    Eldrazi Weaver 8
    Eldrazi guards 8

Eldrazi M takes a 5ft step and attacks Eidolon with its icy claws.... needing only a touch

He lands all 3 attacks for 12 (3 cold), 15 (2 cold) and 13 (2 cold)  Twisted Evil

Sharn moves to Jakarro to heal him in a vain effort to save the dying wookie.

Eldrazi Weaver's body begins to glow with a nimbus of unusual light.  It scampers 40ft up the turbolift, up to about the first 'platform'.

Eldrazi guards take 3 attacks each vs their Bralani opponents, lashing out with acid covered claws!

Eldrazi guards N-20 hit, crit, hit vs Bralani at N-19
    hit for 9 + 8 acid
    crit for 22 + 2 acid
    hit for 11 + 4 acid

Eldrazi guards N-22 hit, miss, hit vs Bralani at P-22
    hit 8 + 6 acid
    hit 4 + 2 acid

the other 3 Eldrazi guards move up the turbolift shaft, forming a rear guard for the  Eldrazi Weaver.  They make it to the first platform.

maps updated

Port Nowhere like Home - Page 2 1_cc_f18

Port Nowhere like Home - Page 2 1_tubr11

Chris wrote:Initiative:  Rd 5

Shivak 23
    Tarro 19
    SDX 18
    Eldrazi M  11
    Sharn 8
    Eldrazi Weaver 8
    Eldrazi guards 8

Top o' round #5 - please adjust buffs in your stat blocks when you post your actions with AC\HP\etc

Shivak is up
    Tarro on deck
    SDX & Co in the hole
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:58 pm

Tarro was at the door to the lift.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:52 pm

navyik wrote:Tarro was at the door to the lift.

Yes, yes he was drunken

maps updated, sorry.  Let me know if position is ok

Port Nowhere like Home - Page 2 Cc_fig17

Port Nowhere like Home - Page 2 1_turb10

Shivak is up
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:15 pm

what does it take to use Move Object on another creature? Is that even possible or is that what the Dark Force skills are for?

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:36 pm

whit10 wrote:what does it take to use Move Object on another creature?  Is that even possible or is that what the Dark Force skills are for?

Moving a living being, in and of itself, is not a Dark side use.  Now, moving a living being and dropping it off a cliff would be a tad Dark, yes.

A living being gets a Will save DC = 10 + your Force User level, so 21 for Shivak

if it succeeds, the skill has no effect

if it fails, you treat it just like an object of its size\weight

There isn't a clear game skill for the Force Push we see in the movies.  As a house rule, I allowed Force Strike to move a person instead of dealing damage, if the character wished.  Damage is 3d4 or 3d4 meters of "push" in a directional line away from the caster.  The "push" version (no damage) is not Dark Side at all.  Either version can affect up to 4 adjacent targets within 10m of the caster (pg 89).

They get a Ref. save, DC set by skill roll for half damage\distance.

Hydraulic Push from PF is the best version of this, if you went with PF rules.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:01 pm

I was just hoping to move the tornado looking MFer that is blocking the turbo lift.

Move Object attempt:

Roll(1d20)+13:
    14,+13
    Total:27

Not sure if that will succeed... Shivak is basically just trying to move him to the side by about 15'. Shivak will then move to O-19 (I think that's right, six spaces towards the turbo lift)

51 HP, +4 to Dex right now (so +4 to AC and all attacks and reflex saves)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:23 am