Dropbox - http://www.dropbox.com/

Open Office - http://www.openoffice.org/

5 posters

story concept - work in progress

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    story concept - work in progress - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue35/35story concept - work in progress - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    story concept - work in progress - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0story concept - work in progress - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

story concept - work in progress - Page 2 Empty Re: story concept - work in progress

Post  Chris Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:58 am

Robyo wrote:Okay, thanks! That answers my questions! And I didn't know about all the background creation stuff, which is cool.

...He hails from a planet much like Cybertron. Peopled by living, self-transforming, robot/human hybrids. Perhaps the organic beings that they originally were had to adapt to cosmic radiation from a depleted atmosphere, or something...While as a young construct, he headed out on a space faring mission to find new lifeforms in the galaxy.... Accidentaly crash-landed on a planet during it's Jurassic period. Adapting to his new surroundings, he became a Saurian Shaman...There is also a sentient species of lizardfolk he has befriended, hoping to get his space craft repaired... but he is no engineer!

that sounds great!

we can fill it in more on your character page, but some things to think about....

Has he has lost contact with Cybertron?

**EDIT** Yes, he lost contact **EDIT**

How long has he been stranded in Jurassic Park?

Is he viewed as directly divine (like the alien in Stargate) or just as a "holy man" by the primitive lizardfolk?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    story concept - work in progress - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue35/35story concept - work in progress - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    story concept - work in progress - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0story concept - work in progress - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

story concept - work in progress - Page 2 Empty Re: story concept - work in progress

Post  Chris Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:37 am

I would like to get this game started, for those that are still interested on Monday 02/13.

Please get your characters finished up this weekend, if possible.  I can start intros with some, as long as everyone is close (if not finished) by Monday.  

I will spare you re-reading the whole thread, here are the important highlights:

Chris wrote:Think of it as a mix of Alice in Wonderland\Matrix\Inception\Sandman\Amber\Mage.  

So what I mean by that is each character comes from their own world.  It can be any genre you choose.  We can come up the framework of that world as you develop your character.  Essentially, your character is a representative of that world.  If you play a wizard, you represent a fantasy world.  If you play a Light Bike cavalier, you represent a Tron world.  There could be Horror worlds, cyber-punk worlds, weird west... but I am hopeful that the creative juices will flow and players will create unique home worlds.

However, that is your 'England' before you go down the rabbit hole, so to speak.  Nobody knows there is a rabbit hole or what's on the other side, until you fall through it Wink

Chris wrote:
    navyik wrote:Race building?

crunch... crunch... crunch....

yeah, I suppose so.  It will likely be the only way people can make up some crazy races.  

Tentatively, 15 RP, Advanced (Aasimar equivalent)

But I am always open for negotiations.  If people really want some crazy Monstrous stuff, maybe we can look at lowering the starting level in exchange for +RP, but the whole group would have to agree on level + RP

http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/advancedRaceGuide/raceBuilder.html

note the # of traits per category

Chris wrote:20 pts for Attributes

Chris wrote:for the record, the party currently consists of:

a transforming living-machine construct

a Klingon warrior\scientist trapped in Asgard

an animaniac cartoon, appropriately named the MISHAP

a ghost of a dream of a secret, wrapped in an enigma

affraid

MAS wrote:I think Chris posted this in the wrong place, so I am copy/pasting it here for him =

"Skills: I want to avoid increasing the tax on skills

I think you can add any knowledges or craft ones that you want and substitute them for class KNO\Craft that don't make sense.
    ie - if you come from a high-tech world, you can sub out KNO Arcana or dungeoneering or craft leatherworking for KNO computers, astrogation or craft technology

I don't think we need 'computer use'. everyone knows how to use a computer. use the appropriate skill(s) while on a computer - disable device, diplomacy, perception (search), bluff, etc

Repair is covered by DD (mechanical) or UMD (future tech)

remember, magic items are re-skinned as technology. so a feat like craft magic armor = craft high-tech armor

a wand of Detect Magic is kind of a like a star trek Tricorder that would detect different types of energy (gamma rays = evocation energy etc etc)"

Chris wrote:to spare you re-reading the whole thread....

You are creating a character, but also their "home world" and whatever rules\tech\magic\plane apply to that world.  Your character is, in essence, a representative of that world.

Everything from PF can and should be re-skinned into whatever you need it to be.  Technology = magic re-skinned for example.  Craft Magic Item = Craft high tech devices.  A laser gun might be a crossbow +1 + 1d6 fire that has been re-skinned or use the stats for guns and add magical effects.  No stats change, just the visual appearance.

No extra skills should be needed.  If you come from a world with computers, you know how to use them.  Skill checks are for what you are trying to do with a computer.  ie - Perception (search), Disable Device (hacking), Knowledge XYZ, etc.  

See the original post, but most of the feat taxes have been removed.  I love the bared down 5e rules about moving\fighting, drawing weapons, using items.  That should free up your feats to round out the characters more.

Alternately, instead of re-skinning a wand of fireballs into a gun, you can look at higher tech equipment here:

http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/technologyGuide/weapons.html

use your starting gold for 8th level to buy (very expensive)
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    story concept - work in progress - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue60/112story concept - work in progress - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:17 pm

Im on it!
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:15 am

my character stats and background are finished, just need to sit down and type them up nicely...
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    story concept - work in progress - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue68/68story concept - work in progress - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:49 am

I need a vote on whether everyone is going to get all pissed off if I play the MISHAP...  If it's better, I wouldn't mind recreating Olistaff from radiance.  He can be from a Radiance styled earth and have somehow gotten his horseless wagon-hot-air balloon to travel dimensionally...  That might be more fun than a pesky cartoon sidekick... But I will need a little time.  I'm prepping to speak at a college next Wednesday.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:35 am

Alan, I'm not opposed to a cartoony character per se. But since we have a choice, I'm definitely going with Olistaff. I like that character. He's resourceful, easy-going, and I can comprehend him linguistically. Oh yeah, floating horseless wagon all the way!

Radiance (weird west) was a fun game to run. Lots of flavor in the system and mechanics to back it up. There is an expansion out that pumps everything up. More races, classes, templates, deities, more of everything! Would be fun to try it again, though the system got banged on this forum for being simplistic. I like simple games, I like crunchy games.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:32 am

navyik wrote:I need a vote on whether everyone is going to get all pissed off if I play the MISHAP...  If it's better, I wouldn't mind recreating Olistaff from radiance.  He can be from a Radiance styled earth and have somehow gotten his horseless wagon-hot-air balloon to travel dimensionally...  That might be more fun than a pesky cartoon sidekick... But I will need a little time.  I'm prepping to speak at a college next Wednesday.

Personally, I vote for the MISHAP with the BA Baracus clause that he can be persuaded to fly when needed by some convention known to the party.

Ultimately, I want everyone to play something they have always imagined but never realized.  

This is NOT going to be a traditional game and definitely NOT a traditional Chris-style game that is deep in plot-essential layers and character-plot dependent.  I am trying to challenge myself as a GM here, as well.  The players will have a greater say in where they go, what happens and how things work out (for better or worse).  I am going to try and GM this more like RRM writes GoT, just letting the characters dictate the story within the arc of an idea (which is hard for me, as I like to script out a complete story chapter by chapter).

There will be a "hidden plot" which is part of the fun, ie figuring out "What the hell is happening?!?!"  

There will be a LOT of trans-dimensional hopping.

Players will have a Mage-like (if you played the old WW gem) ability to influence the world(s) around them.  (think also Amber, Matrix, etc)  They may not understand or be able to control this for a while....
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    story concept - work in progress - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue60/112story concept - work in progress - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:03 pm

navyik wrote:I need a vote on whether everyone is going to get all pissed off if I play the MISHAP...  If it's better, I wouldn't mind recreating Olistaff from radiance.  He can be from a Radiance styled earth and have somehow gotten his horseless wagon-hot-air balloon to travel dimensionally...  That might be more fun than a pesky cartoon sidekick... But I will need a little time.  I'm prepping to speak at a college next Wednesday.

Play what you want to play, and will enjoy!
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    story concept - work in progress - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue68/68story concept - work in progress - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:38 pm

I'm beginning to realize that to really play the MISHAP in character would be difficult on the forum.  Mechanics of 8th level spontaneous caster are also pretty limited.  Maybe the MISHAP needs to be higher level to be as flexible and unpredictable as I envision him.

Olistaff on the other hand; yes I already made him, but he would be great for this world due to his curiosity and creativity.

Let me see what else is lurking in the back of my mind...
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:23 pm

also consider.... you may want or need to change characters at some point. Since the game is not character-dependent related to the plot (like SW was), if your own decisions or unlucky dice kill your character, that's the way it goes and it won't affect the overall story arc

you may get a chance to play the MISHAP at a higher level Laughing
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:30 pm

Brick Rockman: Intergalactic Space Wrestler

Burt Ward:. Mid level bureaucrat from the office of transdementional regulation.

Andy Pluck: Test Pilot

Donny Roy: science fiction enthusiast
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:46 pm

navyik wrote:Brick Rockman: Intergalactic Space Wrestler

Burt Ward:. Mid level bureaucrat from the office of transdementional regulation.

Andy Pluck: Test Pilot

Donny Roy: science fiction enthusiast

cheers

The SKALD class is a combination of Barbarian and Bard - that might work for a wrestler! Maybe a splash of monk?

The bureaucrat - maybe a Cleric or Paladin of law?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:06 am

Status check for Monday?

I had said that I would be ready to start on Monday and I am. study

Player's readiness:

Rob - Mechan - needs to finish animal companion

Matt - Cryptic - needs magic items, some spells (finished feats since Sun), background questions

Josh - Klingon - magic items, background questions (new)

Alan - ??
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:45 am

I'm buried until Wednesday.  I can have a character ready by the weekend.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:53 am

navyik wrote:I'm buried until Wednesday.  I can have a character ready by the weekend.

sorry to hear that, but I understand, no worries

Matt, Rob, Josh - do you guys want to wait 1 week until next Monday or start without Alan?

it's not a problem for this game if 1 person joins late, especially given the slow pace of the forum. also not a problem for me to wait a week.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:26 pm

I'm fine with waiting a week so that everyone is on board.

That being said, I am also fine with doing some pre-roll introductory setting material. If the the GM is so inclined. Or we just answer any questions regarding our characters' backstories and their place in the campaign...Dig it.
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:19 pm

I need the extra week to finish up my numbers, truth be told. But I'd be cool with doing some narrative/back story work to get the ball rolling!
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:26 am

Ok then, off we go....

MAS wrote:I need the extra week to finish up my numbers, truth be told. But I'd be cool with doing some narrative/back story work to get the ball rolling!

https://lodgestgaming.forumotion.com/t318-the-library-of-ling-prelude#17069

Robyo wrote:
    That being said, I am also fine with doing some pre-roll introductory setting material. If the the GM is so inclined. Or we just answer any questions regarding our characters' backstories and their place in the campaign...Dig it.

https://lodgestgaming.forumotion.com/t319-a-golden-morning
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:13 pm

navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:27 pm

Arrrrrrre.Yooouuuuu Reeeeeaaadyyyyyy toooooo Ruuuuuummmmmblllllllleee!!??!!??  SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!  Don't miss the Intergalactic Extravaganza!  The crashes and the crunches!  The pulse pounding piston pumping roar of the engines!  See the space-tug tractor pull, the transport demolition derby and The Main Event...Vent...Vent.  See The super-zip spacedepot MEGACLAW take on The Legendary BRrrrrrrriiiiiick Rockmaaaaaan!  Photo ops for the ladies and plastic toy claws and Brick Rockman masks for the kids!  See BRrrrrrrriiiiiick Rockmaaaaaan up close and in the flesh taking on the MEGACLAW!  One night only!  Sunday Sunday Sunday!
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:32 pm

Brrrrriiiiiick Rockmaaaaaan is ready for a critical once over.  I think he is done.
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:30 pm

I believe Argul is ready to roll/role!
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:11 am

I would encourage you all to read each other preludes. Even if it's "player knowledge" it will set the stage for everyone
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:24 am

now that everyone is finished with their characters and involved in a prelude, I will try to move these along quickly.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:27 pm

2 of the 4 are "down the rabbit hole"

Brick and Korvaq are paused for a bit (sorry)

Argul and Zang should be there soon
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:54 pm

Zang went down the hatch

Just gotta wrap it up with Matt (almost there 1-2 more posts), but we should start the first joint chapter on Monday

study reminder, any last minute changes should be done before the group chapter.  just let me know what\if you change anything
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:46 pm

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:55 pm

I know how hard and confusing a forum story can be, especially over many months.

I started a thread for the party

https://lodgestgaming.forumotion.com/t324-important-notes-or-what-s-happening

feel free to copy\paste anything you wish, for your own notes, if something seems significant. After a thread\chapter closes, I will try to update with a note or two of the most significant posts, just to help keep track of what's important to the main arc of the story.

As I said (somewhere) before... figuring out what's happening and why is a main element of the story.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:18 am

There are 3 level advancement tracks for XP: slow, med, and fast.  Which are we using?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:46 am

navyik wrote:There are 3 level advancement tracks for XP: slow, med, and fast.  Which are we using?

uh.... why has nobody asked this before? I didn't even know there were different speed tracks lol!

FAST track

party started: 34,000
    for 9th need: 50,000

gained 3600 so far
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:41 am

FYI

Carbone family are going on vacation to San Diego from wed 3/15 to 3/22

I would like to wrap up this chapter (should be quick) and then we'll pause for a week before getting started on the next chapter
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:50 am

Roger that.

navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:45 pm

Enjoy your trip!   Cool
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:47 am

howdy gamers!

I am back from CA. I will get the game restarted as soon as I can - hopefully by Friday, but it may be this weekend, depending on how much I am buried at work (so far it doesn't look too bad)
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:32 am

Hope you had a good time.  I'm ready when you are.
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:02 am

Welcome back, looks like you have a great trip.

I'll be available Sunday night and onwards. The weekend is heavily booked before that.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:54 pm

please take a moment to refresh your memories

https://lodgestgaming.forumotion.com/t324-important-notes-or-what-s-happening

I had a few minutes to get the next chapter started, so please go here when you have time this weekend

https://lodgestgaming.forumotion.com/t325-a-fear-of-needles#17304
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:20 pm

Jamie Thorman would love to join us on the forum game...  What do y'all think?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:59 pm

navyik wrote:Jamie Thorman would love to join us on the forum game...  What do y'all think?

Really??

He is absolutely welcome in my story!
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    story concept - work in progress - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue19/19story concept - work in progress - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    story concept - work in progress - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1/0story concept - work in progress - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:12 pm

navyik wrote:Jamie Thorman would love to join us on the forum game...  What do y'all think?

cool
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:17 pm

Good stuff!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 9:55 am