Dice - http://dicelog.com

D20 SRD - http://www.d20srd.org/index.htm

Pathfinder SRD - http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/

Modern SRD - http://www.d20moderndb.com/game-rules/d20-modern-srd

Pando - http://www.pando.com/

Dropbox - http://www.dropbox.com/

Open Office - http://www.openoffice.org/

4 posters

Chapter 1: And whither then? I cannot say.

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Chapter 1: And whither then? I cannot say. - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue35/35Chapter 1: And whither then? I cannot say. - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Chapter 1: And whither then? I cannot say. - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0/0Chapter 1: And whither then? I cannot say. - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Chapter 1: And whither then? I cannot say. - Page 4 Empty Re: Chapter 1: And whither then? I cannot say.

Post  Chris Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:16 pm

whit10 wrote:Curious cat is curious....

Menkaure will move, casually, with his woman towards #266. If she protests at all, he will use his own charismatic charms to act like he is saying hi to a friend.

Question: is there a way to use Stealth to hide the casting of a spell with somatic and material components?

Otherwise, assuming that there isn't. Menkaure will continue to move towards that room, keeping his wits about him.

your geisha is happy to go with you where ever you like in the room, please just give me a grid coordinate where you end your move(s)

as for stealthy casting....  if you were unaccompanied in a crowded room, sure I could see that.  could you hide it from a girl on your arm that is paying direct attention to you?  not so much

Last edited by Chris on Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Chapter 1: And whither then? I cannot say. - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue35/35Chapter 1: And whither then? I cannot say. - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Chapter 1: And whither then? I cannot say. - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0/0Chapter 1: And whither then? I cannot say. - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Chapter 1: And whither then? I cannot say. - Page 4 Empty Re: Chapter 1: And whither then? I cannot say.

Post  Chris Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:23 pm

Robyo wrote:What did Ghost see when he turned around?

that's why we went into combat initiative, so Ghost can turn around on his turn, knowing there is something sharp which is likely a blade in his back

Ghost warily and slowly turns around expecting to feel a sharp pain at any moment. He sees a floating energetic hand holding a small blade floating in the air.

It is still Ghost's turn
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Chapter 1: And whither then? I cannot say. - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue19/19Chapter 1: And whither then? I cannot say. - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    Chapter 1: And whither then? I cannot say. - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue1/0Chapter 1: And whither then? I cannot say. - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:23 pm

That's what I figured, cool.

grid - Q-9 looks like his full movement
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:28 pm

whit10 wrote:That's what I figured, cool.

grid - Q-9 looks like his full movement

and just technically speaking....   using Stealth is an Action just like casting a spell, so you can't take 2 actions in the same round.  you could Hide in one round and then try to cast a spell while hidden in the following round

map updated

Chapter 1: And whither then? I cannot say. - Page 4 Red_lo14

Ghost is still up
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:17 pm

Chris wrote:Ghost warily and slowly turns around expecting to feel a sharp pain at any moment.  He sees a floating energetic hand holding a small blade floating in the air.

It is still Ghost's turn

A disembodied hand? Magic! Ghost doesn't have time to mess around with no... uh, ghost. He makes two attacks with his katana, targeting the small blade.

1st attack) 14 + 9 = 23; if that's a hit damage is 4 + 6 = 10 radiant.

2nd) 6 + 9 = 15; damage is 4 + 6 = 10 radiant.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:47 am

Robyo wrote:
    A disembodied hand? Magic! Ghost doesn't have time to mess around with no... uh, ghost. He makes two attacks with his katana, targeting the small blade.

1st attack) 14 + 9 = 23; if that's a hit damage is 4 + 6 = 10 radiant.

2nd) 6 + 9 = 15; damage is 4 + 6 = 10 radiant.

Ghost's first swing connects with the small blade.  It clatters on the floor.  The spectral hand is left grasping at air.

Ghost whacks both the floor and the knife with his second swing.

The curtain flops about, an indirect victim of Ghost's attacks.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:10 pm

Chris wrote:Initiative:

Mime 20
    Menkaure 19
    Ghost 18
    one-eyed geisha   15
    spectral hand 12
    ?????  8
    ????? 6

at 15, the fugly one-eyed geisha emerges from her chamber, now wearing a red dress and carrying a whip.  she looks about for her client, Ghost, but doesn't see him.  She appears to be waiting.

at 12, the spectral hand opens the curtain on parlor #266 revealing Ghost wielding his sword, Benowitz in the chair and the knife is on the floor

at 8, the stream of strange characters flowing out of Benowitz's eyes reverses its course.  the data stream now flows INTO Benowitz's eyes which glow a brighter monitor-blue

at 6, nothing happens

everyone in the room can now see the knife on the floor, a glowing spectral hand and Ghost holding a sword that has LoS on that room

map updated

Chapter 1: And whither then? I cannot say. - Page 4 Red_lo17

Mime is up
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Chapter 1: And whither then? I cannot say. - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue68/68Chapter 1: And whither then? I cannot say. - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:00 am

Mime is actively looking around the room for someone who might appear to be concentrating on weilding the disembodied hand.

Result of the throw of dice "1d20" :

11+5=16 perception or insight depending on how you view the action of reading people. Mine has the same bonus for both.

If he finds no suspects, he will cautiously approach the hand (9-U) as if to study it. "I find this curious," Mime observes blandly. He will not touch it. "I would guess that the person controling it would need to be nearby, but I am far more alarmed by the data stream pouring into this man's eyes. Does anyone here know him?". Mime's voice doesn't sound alarmed at all. He sounds like a gentle breeze in a sunny meadow.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:50 am

navyik wrote:Mime is actively looking around the room for someone who might appear to be concentrating on weilding the disembodied hand.

11+5=16 perception or insight depending on how you view the action of reading people.  Mine has the same bonus for both.

If he finds no suspects, he will cautiously approach the hand (9-U) as if to study it.  "I find this curious," Mime observes blandly.  He will not touch it. "I would guess that the person controling it would need to be nearby, but I am far more alarmed by the data stream pouring into this man's eyes.  Does anyone here know him?". Mime's voice doesn't sound alarmed at all.  He sounds like a gentle breeze in a sunny meadow.

"I heard his name's Benowitz. I am known as Amigo. And who are you?" Ghost looks back to the scene. "Do you think they're on heavy drugs? I was outside pulling a hookah rip* when I noticed this guy's crazy eyes. Then that thing attacked me."

Persuasion** (for whomever might be listening): 18 +  3 = 21

*Ghost never actually took a hit, that is a cover story.

**GM: If we're still in combat, never mind the check or the long story. How much can a character say in combat?

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:15 pm

navyik wrote:Mime is actively looking around the room for someone who might appear to be concentrating on weilding the disembodied hand.

11+5=16 perception or insight depending on how you view the action of reading people.  Mine has the same bonus for both.

If he finds no suspects, he will cautiously approach the hand (9-U) as if to study it.  "I find this curious," Mime observes blandly.  He will not touch it. "I would guess that the person controling it would need to be nearby, but I am far more alarmed by the data stream pouring into this man's eyes.  Does anyone here know him?". Mime's voice doesn't sound alarmed at all.  He sounds like a gentle breeze in a sunny meadow.

I could see an argument for either, so it doesn't really matter.  Mime notices the geisha sitting by the bar at R-15 is waving her hand around like a Jedi behind a red parasol. She is definitely making an effort not to be noticed, but that doesn't escape Mime's attention.

Ghost can talk on his turn only, as I read the PHB. for this scene, I think its fine for him to reply to keep the action moving

Yes, we are staying in combat initiative as both a matter of sequencing and because it will likely go pear-shaped here quickly.

since Mime noticed the geisha, does he have a further action?

otherwise Menkaure will be up before Ghost
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Chapter 1: And whither then? I cannot say. - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue68/68Chapter 1: And whither then? I cannot say. - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:34 pm

"The question I have is whether the woman with the red parasol is in league with the origin of the data stream or whether she is guarding against it?  My instinct is to disrupt the data stream as a potential threat to the community."

Last edited by navyik on Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:47 pm

navyik wrote:"The question I have is whether the woman with the red parasol is in league with the origin of the data stream or whether she is guarding against it?  My instinctis to disrupt the data stream as a potential threat to the community."

Is Mime speaking out loud to Ghost and the general audience or is this his internal monologue?

Menkaure can hear all this and see the scene in parlor #266 (data streaming into guy's eyes, body on the floor of a geisha, dude in a bathrobe with a katana whacking a knife on the floor, spectral hand, etc)

Menkaure doesn't notice the geisha with the parasol as the controller of the spectral hand, yet
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Chapter 1: And whither then? I cannot say. - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue19/19Chapter 1: And whither then? I cannot say. - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    Chapter 1: And whither then? I cannot say. - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue1/0Chapter 1: And whither then? I cannot say. - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:16 pm

Thank you for that...

Just keep moving towards 266

Perception if needed:

Roll(1d20)+4:
    19,+4
    Total:23

AC: 17
    Initiative: +3
    Movement: 30’
    HP: 88
    Saves: Wis and Cha

No spells used yet
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:28 pm

whit10 wrote:
    Just keep moving towards 266

Perception if needed:

Roll(1d20)+4:
    19,+4
    Total:23

I am not sure if Mime is finished, but I think so...

Menkaure notices the geisha at the bar, R-15, is doing something odd behind her parasol, but he doesn't know what.

please give a grid coordinate to end your move.

assuming Menkaure is finished....

Ghost is up
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:52 pm

Chris wrote:
    navyik wrote:"The question I have is whether the woman with the red parasol is in league with the origin of the data stream or whether she is guarding against it?  My instinct is to disrupt the data stream as a potential threat to the community."

Is Mime speaking out loud to Ghost and the general audience or is this his internal monologue?

Menkaure can hear all this and see the scene in parlor #266 (data streaming into guy's eyes, body on the floor of a geisha, dude in a bathrobe with a katana whacking a knife on the floor, spectral hand, etc)

Menkaure doesn't notice the geisha with the parasol as the controller of the spectral hand, yet

Out loud.  Intended to be overheard within 30 to 40 feet or so.  Not shouting.  Very calm and analytical.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:21 pm

Menkaure - U-11
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:34 pm

whit10 wrote:Menkaure - U-11

noted

any reply to the average joe's comments?

Ghost is up
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:55 pm

No comment for now but it is noted....
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:49 pm

I have no beef with these yaks. And I don't see any reason to spill blood... Benowitz is in a state, but that's not my problem. I've got some pictures for Torunn. Ghost sheathes his blade and confidently walks towards the elevator. He waves to the geisha. "Come on Toots, let's get some sushi."
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:17 am

Robyo wrote:I've got no beef with these yaks. And I don't see any reason to spill blood... Ghost sheathes his blade and confidently walks towards the elevator. He waves to the geisha. "Come on Toots, this place is wack. Let's get some sushi!"

Chapter 1: And whither then? I cannot say. - Page 4 097e0a11

fugly one-eyed geisha smiles, "I am afraid it's not that easy.... schnookums.   Now you've seen too much."  

*trigger, Ghost tries to leaves parlor 266*  (she was described as waiting)

at the one-eyed geisha's command, a pair of chains fly from the wall in parlor 266 on their own and wrap around Ghost

the chains deal 9 piercing damage and Ghost is now grappled (escape DC 14)

Mime 20
    Menkaure 19
    Ghost 18
    one-eyed geisha   15
    spectral hand 12
    ?????  8
    ????? 6

I think that counts as her turn for this round

at 12, the parasol geisha motions the spectral hand to pull back the curtain the rest of the way to reveal....

Chapter 1: And whither then? I cannot say. - Page 4 Silico10

at 8, everyone can hear a small crash and the sound of crunching metal.  immediately afterwards, a small bug-shaped drone appears on the floor directly under the point in space where the data streams going out\into Benowitz's eyes had converged.  it appears drained of energy and inert.

Chapter 1: And whither then? I cannot say. - Page 4 Benowi11

at 8, Benowitz stirs in his chair slowly and groggily

Chapter 1: And whither then? I cannot say. - Page 4 Silico10

at 6, a second flying bug drone de-cloaks inside the parlor and flies out to V-10 and emits some kind of pulse.  Everyone catches a glimpse of those same strange characters in the flash.  After the pulse (not an action, just dramatic senses),  it pivots in the air towards Mime and emits a stream of data towards his eyes.  (it's not an attack roll, more like a spell with a save)

Chapter 1: And whither then? I cannot say. - Page 4 Blue_c11

Mime needs to make an INT save, please

yellow around Ghost to indicate GRAPPLED
    red rings indicate targets that have taken some kind of hostile action

map is current

Chapter 1: And whither then? I cannot say. - Page 4 Red_lo19

Mime 20
    Menkaure 19
    Ghost 18
    one-eyed geisha   15
    spectral hand\parasol geisha 12
    Benowitz  8
    Tech Noid 6

study please let me know if I messed up any rules as most of you know 5e better than I and\or if I missed some defensive ability on your character, apologies in advance  clown

pending the INT save, Mime is up
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:28 am

Mime
    AC 17
    Cloak of Displacement:
    Attackers are disadvantaged to Attack Mime
    Hp 96/96

Initiative +3 (Advantage)
    Mime's party is never surprised

Passive Perception: 15(18 in the city)

Initiative 20

Int save:

Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +1" :

20 + 1 = 21

Niiiiiiiice

As a bonus action, Mime sets a Hunter's mark on the drone.

Mime draws his silenced pistol and fires twice:

Result of the throw of dice "2d20" :

3 + 19

3+8=11 to miss?
    Damage just in case
    Result of the throw of dice "2d6 +3" :

5 + 2 + 3 = 10

Second shot:
    19+8=27 to hit
    Damage

6 + 1 + 3 = 10
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:28 am

Chris wrote:fugly one-eyed geisha smiles, "I am afraid it's not that easy.... schnookums.   Now you've seen too much."  

*trigger, Ghost tries to leaves parlor 266*  (she was described as waiting)

at the one-eyed geisha's command, a pair of chains fly from the wall in parlor 266 on their own and wrap around Ghost

the chains deal 9 piercing damage and Ghost is now grappled (escape DC 14)

I think that counts as her turn for this round

yellow around Ghost to indicate GRAPPLED

study please let me know if I messed up any rules as most of you know 5e better than I and\or if I missed some defensive ability on your character, apologies in advance  clown

Grappling in 5e is sort of an alternate attack action, but it's really more of an opposed ability check. Stuff like True Strike or Reckless Attack would not give Advantage to the roll. However if you have multiple attacks, you can use those for grapple attempts.

Ghost should be able to contest with my choice of: STR (Athletics) or DEX (Acrobatics).
    I'll use Acrobatics: 14 + 8 = 22

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:49 pm

navyik wrote:
    Int save:

Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +1" :

20 + 1 = 21

Niiiiiiiice

As a bonus action, Mime sets a Hunter's mark on the drone.

Second shot:
    19+8=27 to hit
    Damage

6 + 1 + 3 = 10

Mime successfully resists the psychic attack (data stream) of the Tech Noid drone and he should be glad that he did or he might have ended up like Benowitz Twisted Evil

the Tech Noid drone is marked!

Mime's first shot barely misses, but the second one tags it!

please include damage types when you list damage as lots of creatures in 5e seem to have some kind of DR of varying types.

the Tech Noid drone takes some damage but is still operational

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:54 pm

Robyo wrote:
    Grappling in 5e is sort of an alternate attack action, but it's really more of an opposed ability check. Stuff like True Strike or Reckless Attack would not give Advantage to the roll. However if you have multiple attacks, you can use those for grapple attempts.

Ghost should be able to contest with my choice of: STR (Athletics) or DEX (Acrobatics).
    I'll use Acrobatics: 14 + 8 = 22

thanks for the clarification, I did see this in PHB

G r a p p l in g
    When you want to grab a creature or wrestle with it,
    you can use the Attack action to make a special melee
    attack, a grapple. If you’re able to make multiple attacks
    with the Attack action, this attack replaces one o f them.
    The target o f your grapple must be no more than one
    size larger than you, and it must be within your reach.
    Using at least one free hand, you try to seize the target
    by making a grapple check, a Strength (Athletics)
    check contested by the target’s Strength (Athletics) or
    Dexterity (Acrobatics) check (the target chooses the
    ability to use). If you succeed, you subject the target to
    the grappled condition

but I think it is an auto-grapple based on the wording of the creature's ability, which includes both damage + grapple (unlike the grapple described above)

Chain. Melee Weapon Attack: +8 to hit, reach 10ft., one target.
    Hit: 11 (2d6 + 4) slashing damage. The target is grappled
    (escape DC 14) if the XXXX isn't already grappling a creature.
    Until this grapple ends, the target is restrained and takes 7
    (2d6) piercing damage at the start of each of its turns.

I made 2 attacks with the chains, 1 hit and the other missed.  the wording doesn't mention the grapple contest, just that the target "is grappled"
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:54 pm

Menkaure is up
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:29 pm

Chris wrote:thanks for the clarification, I did see this in PHB

G r a p p l in g
    When you want to grab a creature or wrestle with it,
    you can use the Attack action to make a special melee
    attack, a grapple. If you’re able to make multiple attacks
    with the Attack action, this attack replaces one o f them.
    The target o f your grapple must be no more than one
    size larger than you, and it must be within your reach.
    Using at least one free hand, you try to seize the target
    by making a grapple check, a Strength (Athletics)
    check contested by the target’s Strength (Athletics) or
    Dexterity (Acrobatics) check (the target chooses the
    ability to use). If you succeed, you subject the target to
    the grappled condition

but I think it is an auto-grapple based on the wording of the creature's ability, which includes both damage + grapple (unlike the grapple described above)

Chain. Melee Weapon Attack: +8 to hit, reach 10ft., one target.
    Hit: 11 (2d6 + 4) slashing damage. The target is grappled
    (escape DC 14) if the XXXX isn't already grappling a creature.
    Until this grapple ends, the target is restrained and takes 7
    (2d6) piercing damage at the start of each of its turns.

I made 2 attacks with the chains, 1 hit and the other missed.  the wording doesn't mention the grapple contest, just that the target "is grappled"

OK, if it's a monster ability then that's different. On page 11 of the MM:

GRAPPLE RULES FOR MONSTERS
    Many monsters have special attacks that allow them to
    quickly grapple prey. When a monster hits with such an
    attack, it doesn't need to make an additional ability check to
    determine whether the grapple succeeds, unless the attack
    says otherwise.
    A creature grappled by the monster can use its action to try
    to escape. To do so, it must succeed on a Strength (Athletics)
    or Dexterity (Acrobatics) check against the escape DC in the
    monster's stat block. If no escape DC is given, assume the
    DC is 10 +the monster's Strength (Athletics) modifier.

Ghost will try to break free on his next turn.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:08 pm

Robyo wrote:

OK,  if it's a monster ability then that's different. On page 11 of the MM:

GRAPPLE RULES FOR MONSTERS
    Many monsters have special attacks that allow them to
    quickly grapple prey. When a monster hits with such an
    attack, it doesn't need to make an additional ability check to
    determine whether the grapple succeeds, unless the attack
    says otherwise.
    A creature grappled by the monster can use its action to try
    to escape. To do so, it must succeed on a Strength (Athletics)
    or Dexterity (Acrobatics) check against the escape DC in the
    monster's stat block. If no escape DC is given, assume the
    DC is 10 +the monster's Strength (Athletics) modifier.

Ghost will try to break free on his next turn.

ah, that covers it! thanks again and sorry for being a 5e noob clown
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:19 pm

"Foul servants of Set!   You shall dine in the underworld!!"

Cast Shield of Faith - +2 to Menkaure's AC

Menkaure launches a Firebolt at the creepy one-eyed bitch.

To Hit:
    Roll(1d20)+6:
    19,+6
    Total:25

Damage:
    Roll(1d10)+0:
    8,+0
    Total:8

Done:

AC: 19
    Initiative: +3
    Movement: 30’
    HP: 88
    Saves: Wis. and Cha.
    1 1st level spell slot used
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:30 pm

a light, like a beam of sun through the clouds, shimmers around the black panther.

the firebolt seems to wash over the fugly one-eyed geisha harmlessly. she wets her upper lip with her tongue and smiles seductively at Menkaure

map is still current

Chapter 1: And whither then? I cannot say. - Page 4 Red_lo19

Mime 20
    Menkaure 19
    Ghost 18 ** grappled **
    one-eyed geisha 15
    Benowitz 8
    Tech Noid 6

Ghost is up
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:27 pm

Ghost attempts to break the grapple: 12 + 8 = 20.

If that's a success, he moves over to the one-eyed bitch (V-15) and swings his katana.

Action Surge = bonus action for an extra attack.

Attack: 20 + 9 = crit!
    Damage: 5 + 1 + 6 = 12 Radiant.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:38 pm

Robyo wrote:Ghost attempts to break the grapple: 12 + 8 = 20.

If that's a success, he moves over to the one-eyed bitch (V-15) and swings his katana.

Action Surge grants a whole new action. Not a bonus action. He would get two attacks if he has the extra attack feature...
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:08 am

navyik wrote:

Action Surge grants a whole new action.  Not a bonus action.  He would get two attacks if he has the extra attack feature...

By Jove, I believe you are correct! Thanks for keeping track cheers

Extra attack on the demon-eyed wench: 8 + 9 = 17; if that's a hit: 2 + 6 = 8 Radiant.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:49 pm

Robyo wrote:
    navyik wrote:

Action Surge grants a whole new action.  Not a bonus action.  He would get two attacks if he has the extra attack feature...

By Jove, I believe you are correct! Thanks for keeping track  cheers

Extra attack on the demon-eyed wench: 8 + 9 = 17; if that's a hit: 2 + 6 = 8 Radiant.

affraid hey!  keep your pencil whooping to yourself, geez

Ghost breaks free from the bondage chains\hooks and engages his geisha.  He cuts her twice, opening up gashes in her kimono.  She seems to enjoy the pain....

Mime 20
    Menkaure 19
    Ghost 18  
    one-eyed geisha   15
    Benowitz  8
    Tech Noid 6

at 15, the fugly one-eyed geisha twirls in a flourish.  when she again faces Ghost, he sees only his dear Kamea

Chapter 1: And whither then? I cannot say. - Page 4 Kamea10

it doesn't make sense, but there she is, like a dream, back from the dead, like a nightmare... Ghost realizes that he just slashed his beloved Kamea!  She holds out her bleeding wounds to show him what he has done to her.  Grief and fear take hold of Ghost's mind....

WIS Save

______________________________________________________________________________________

at 12, the geisha behind the parasol also changes appearance, as if a veil drops and her fine porcelain makeup washes away, revealing a strange looking humanoid

Chapter 1: And whither then? I cannot say. - Page 4 Githya10

she holds 2 fingers up to her temple.  Mime feels an invisible Force grab ahold of him!  He is being dragged into parlor 266 towards the wall of chained hooks and blue-eyed Benowitz

Mime can resist with Strength

________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 1: And whither then? I cannot say. - Page 4 Benowi11

Benowitz turns his blue-eyed gaze towards Menkaure.  Much like the Tech Noid drone attempted on Mime, he sends a stream of strange data characters at Menkaure's eyes.

Chapter 1: And whither then? I cannot say. - Page 4 Blue_c11

Menkaure needs to make an INT save
    ______________________________________________________________________________________

at 6, Tech Noid drone is waiting to see the results of the above actions

_____________________________________________________________________________________

The other serving girls and geisha all react in horror to the violence.  They retreat to the far corner of the room

Chapter 1: And whither then? I cannot say. - Page 4 Red_lo21

Mime, Menkaure and Ghost hear a soft "ding" in the back of the room as the other elevator arrives on the floor of the Red Lounge.  Who might be on board?
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:15 pm

Mime
    AC 17
    Cloak of Displacement:
    Hp 96/96

Initiative 20

Mime attempts to resist the invisible force

Mime uses his lucky feat a second time.

Mime is not strong enough, but his shoulder catches in the door jam and spins him out of its grasp?

Gith?
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:46 pm

Chris wrote:Ghost breaks free from the bondage chains\hooks and engages his geisha.  He cuts her twice, opening up gashes in her kimono.  She seems to enjoy the pain....

at 15, the fugly one-eyed geisha twirls in a flourish.  when she again faces Ghost, he sees only his dear Kamea

it doesn't make sense, but there she is, like a dream, back from the dead, like a nightmare... Ghost realizes that he just slashed his beloved Kamea!  She holds out her bleeding wounds to show him what he has done to her.  Grief and fear take hold of Ghost's mind....

WIS Save

Ghost WIS save: 18 + 4 = 22

Ghost
    AC 15 (kimono)
    Hp 87/96
    Initiative +5
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:20 pm

Menkaure's Int. Check

Roll(1d20)+0:
    19,+0
    Total:19
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:23 pm

navyik wrote:

Mime attempts to resist the invisible force

Mime uses his lucky feat a second time.

Mime is not strong enough, but his shoulder catches in the door jam and spins him out of its grasp?

Gith?

a small bruise on the shoulder is better than what awaited Mime if he remained under her control!  very lucky roll indeed

resist successful

Robyo wrote:

Ghost shakes off the feeling of fear and comes to his senses, "there is no way Kamea is still alive, this must be some kind of trick"

saved successful

whit10 wrote:Menkaure's Int. Check

Roll(1d20)+0:
    19,+0
    Total:19

Int SAVE (not check) successful

study I have to say, you guys are lucky to make all those saves.  the DCs are actually low but the result if you missed them was really bad.  I like that about 5e so far, nasty consequences but fairly easy rolls.  I guess an INT save DC 12 is still rough if you don't have INT saves from class or a decent INT score.

well done!  cheers

Mime 20
    Menkaure 19
    Ghost 18
    one-eyed geisha 15
    Benowitz 8
    Tech Noid 6

top o' the round!

Mime is up
    Menk on deck
    Ghost in the hole
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:31 pm

Mime
    AC 17
    Cloak of Displacement:
    Hp 96/96

Initiative 20

Mime steps to T-10

As a bonus action, Mime casts hail of Thorns as a 2nd level spell.  (Visually, he is just pulling the trigger rapidly).

Hail of Thorns
    1st-level conjuration
    Casting Time: 1 bonus action
    Range: Self
    Components: V
    Duration: Concentration, up to 1 minute
    The next time you hit a creature with a ranged weapon attack before the spell ends, this spell creates a rain of thorns that sprouts from your ranged weapon or ammunition. In addition to the normal effect of the attack, the target of the attack and each creature within5 feet of it must make a Dexterity saving throw. A creature takes 1dlO piercing damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.
    At Higher Levels. If you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the damage increases by 1d10 for each slot level above 1st (to a maximum of 6d10).

Mime fires on the drone first
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +8" :

10 + 8 = 18
    DMG

1 + 1 + 3 = 5. Ballistic DMG?  Piercing?  I dunno...

Hail of Thorns (if it was a hit)
    Result of the throw of dice "2d10" :

6 + 10 = 16. Piercing to drone and bennowitz

2nd attack will go to the drone if it doesn't drop.  Otherwise bennowitz (and if he is already down, then the githy looking one).

14 + 8 = 22

DMG

3 + 6 + 3 = 12 to the drone (or 6 to another target)
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:28 pm

navyik wrote:

Mime steps to T-10

As a bonus action, Mime casts hail of Thorns as a 2nd level spell.  (Visually, he is just pulling the trigger rapidly).

Mime fires on the drone first

10 + 8 = 18
    DMG

1 + 1 + 3 = 5. Ballistic DMG?  Piercing?  I dunno...

Hail of Thorns (if it was a hit)
    Result of the throw of dice "2d10" :

6 + 10 = 16. Piercing to drone and bennowitz

2nd attack will go to the drone if it doesn't drop.  Otherwise bennowitz (and if he is already down, then the githy looking one).

14 + 8 = 22

DMG

3 + 6 + 3 = 12 to the drone (or 6 to another target)

cheers nice burst attack!  I love the re-skinned ranger abilities with guns

study the somatic component should be something more than the attack action - changing the clip, adjusting some barrel setting on the gun, something like that.  It's not a big deal, but since it is actually "casting a spell" that would be an interruptible action, so it has to be something noticeable and obvious.  Again, not a big deal, but it does have a small mechanical impact, so just keep that in mind for the future

study damage type, we chatted about this briefly (maybe it was Rob?)...  you just need to choose a damage type for your gun(s) for the purposes of DR.  piercing seems appropriate for bullets.  I think Rob chose "radiant" for his laser gun or laser sword.  I could see "bludgeoning" for something like dum-dum bullets, slashing for flechette rds, etc.  I don't particularly care what type it is, just note it on your character sheet and then note it when you hit something so I can check if the monster has any DR for it.  Higher level mobs in 5e tend to have multiple DR types and\or DI (damage immunity).  again, it does have some mechanical effect

Mime fires off a hail of bullets at the Tech Noid Drone, with the spray hitting the "possessed" Benowitz as well.  The initial burst shreds the dura-plast housing of the drone.  It sparks, sputters and drops to the ground with a crunch.  Benowitz is still up after the 'thorn spray' but Mime's second shot drops him.

cyclops as Benowitz's body drops to the floor, the pale blue light in his eyes fades out.  Mime and the others with LoS can see a data stream of strange characters float out of his eyes.  They orbit his body for a moment and then return to their original drone (first drone that was engaged with Benowitz to begin the scene).  That drone powers back up and lifts into the air.

I left the corpses which are now greyed out

map is current

Chapter 1: And whither then? I cannot say. - Page 4 Red_lo22

Mime 20
    Menkaure 19
    Ghost 18  
    one-eyed geisha with chains   15
    GITH\parasol geisha 12
    Benowitz  Tech Noid Drone  8
    Tech Noid Drone 6

Menkaure is up
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:14 pm

Divine Sense on the one eyed chick... is she evil?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:35 pm

whit10 wrote:Divine Sense on the one eyed chick... is she evil?

Divine Sense does not tell the paladin if something is evil; it isn't a detect evil ability. It tells you specifically if something is Celestial, Fiendish or Undead only.

Since everything is re-skinned from the MM, I will let you know if something was originally from one of those 3 groups. That way the ability doesn't lose any functionality just because it got re-skinned.

for example, the Tech Noid drones would still be treated as "aberrations" and not machines\constructs\robots. Likewise they would be affected by spells or magic weapons with special properties vs "aberrations" only.

I think that is the easiest and fairest way to handle it.

cheers YES

the fugly one-eyed geisha registers as a Fiend!

Divine Sense is an Action, so Menkaure has a move left, plus any bonus action or reaction
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:25 pm

If it's not a problem, I'm just gonna take my turn. Ghost is squared-off in a duel with this demon chick (of course it's not confirmed that she's a demon, but he has his suspicions). Menkaure or Mime are welcome to help, but they also have plenty to deal with.

Chris wrote:

WIS Save

Ghost shakes off the feeling of fear and comes to his senses, "there is no way Kamea is still alive, this must be some kind of trick"

It is not the first time Ghost has encountered the Abyssal Ones. After all, his girlfriend Ysebel is from their world.

Demons are not to be trifled with.

Chapter 1: And whither then? I cannot say. - Page 4 Wicked10

Ghost summons into his being the Fighting Spirit that all samurai are wired for. A technique learned beginning at the age of 5, when they are given their first blade and may never be parted from it.

Fighting Spirit
    Starting at 3rd level, your intensity in battle can shield you and help you strike true. As a bonus
    action on your turn, you can give yourself advantage on weapon attack rolls until the end of the
    current turn. When you do so, you also gain 5 temporary hit points. The number of temporary hit
    points increases when you reach certain levels in this class, increasing to 10 at 10th level and 15
    at 15th level.
    You can use this feature three times, and you regain all expended uses of it when you finish a
    long rest.

Chapter 1: And whither then? I cannot say. - Page 4 Samura10

Let the Ancestors guide my sword.

Two attacks, Advantage on the rolls.

1) 18, 16... 18 + 9 = 27. If that's a hit: 3 + 6 = 9 Radiant damage.
    2) 2, 7... 7 + 9 = 16. If a hit: 4 + 6 = 10R.

Ghost
    AC 15 (kimono)
    Hp 87/96
    Temp HP: 5
    Initiative +5
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:21 am

yeah, this is rather annoying to not have Menkaure's primary weapon... next time anyone who tries to stop him can go screw
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:24 pm

Robyo wrote:If it's not a problem, I'm just gonna take my turn. Ghost is squared-off in a duel with this demon chick (of course it's not confirmed that she's a demon, but he has his suspicions). Menkaure or Mime are welcome to help, but they also have plenty to deal with.

Let the Ancestors guide my sword.

Two attacks, Advantage on the rolls.

1) 18, 16... 18 + 9 = 27. If that's a hit: 3 + 6 = 9 Radiant damage.
    2) 2, 7... 7 + 9 = 16. If a hit: 4 + 6 = 10R.

no problem for me, as long as you guys don't interfere with each other. I love the continued flashbacks and deeper character insights cheers

Ghost focuses until his mind and blade are one. He strikes true both times. The demoness howls in delight at the pain!
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:25 pm

whit10 wrote:yeah, this is rather annoying to not have Menkaure's primary weapon... next time anyone who tries to stop him can go screw

Rolling Eyes Mime and Ghost seem to have adapted lol!

so is Menkaure finished or does he want to move?
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:29 pm

sorry, finished for now
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:14 pm

Mime 20
    Menkaure 19
    Ghost 18  
    chain demoness  15
    GITH\parasol geisha 12
    Benowitz  Tech Noid Drone  8
    Tech Noid Drone 6
    Agent Yellow River #1    4

fugly chain demoness decides that Ghost's mind is too strong, surprisingly, for her charms.  She goes back to the basics - whips and chains!

She gets 2 attacks and lashes at Ghost with whip (chain)

1 hit and 1 miss

Result of the throw of dice "2d6 +4" :

4 + 4 + 4 = 12

12 piercing damage + Ghost is grappled (DC 14 to escape\break)

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Gith at the bar targets Mime with some kind of mental attack (at disadvantage)  she can attack twice at +9

first attack results 11, 16 = 11 miss

second attack results 26, 27 = 26 hit!

Mime gets hit with a psychic blast

Result of the throw of dice "3d6 +5" :

2 + 3 + 1 + 5 = 11 psychic damage

study the spectral hand disappeared when the Gith used TK last turn, I forgot to update the map
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

the Tech Noid Drone that had possessed Benowitz floats over to V-11 and initiates the data stream attack at Menkaure, as the other 2 are already engaged

Menkaure needs to make an INT save

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

at 4, the elevator door opens and Agent Yellow River #1 steps out and addresses the Gith at the bar, "MSA!  You are under arrest.  Lace your fingers and get on your knees.  NOW!"    He is still wearing his sunglasses and brandishing some kind of firearm.  

M.S.A. = Metacity Security Agency (rumored multi-ward organization that operates on its own agenda)

Lacing of fingers would prevent spell casting in a traditional sense

map is updated

Chapter 1: And whither then? I cannot say. - Page 4 Red_lo23

Mime is up
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:55 pm

Menkaure's Int. Check

Roll(1d20)+0:
    13,+0
    Total:13

Eek! I hope that's good enough
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:02 pm

whit10 wrote:Menkaure's Int. Check

Roll(1d20)+0:
    13,+0
    Total:13

Eek! I hope that's good enough

study  as I said before, this is not an Int CHECK.  it is an Int SAVE

A u r a o f P r o t e c t i o n
    Starting at 6th level, whenever you or a friendly creature
    within 10 feet o f you must make a saving throw, the
    creature gains a bonus to the saving throw equal to your
    Charisma modifier
    (with a minimum bonus o f +1). You
    must be conscious to grant this bonus.

This applies to your friends too:

-Aura of Warding - You and friendly creatures within 10 feet of you have resistance to damage from spells.

a +3 is a HUGE bonus in 5e as is pure DR to any spell damage, that's half damage!
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:13 pm

As a bonus action, Mime sets his Hunter's mark on the drone. Mime then fires twice on the drone.

4 + 8 = 12 miss?

20 + 8 = 28. Crit

4 + 6 + 3 = 13

For the crit Result of the throw of dice "1d6" :

14 dmg

Mime may use his action Surge to fire on the drone twice more if the panther is possessed.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:53 am