Dropbox - http://www.dropbox.com/

Open Office - http://www.openoffice.org/

4 posters

Torment and Legacy (LIVE)

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Torment and Legacy (LIVE) - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue35/35Torment and Legacy (LIVE) - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Torment and Legacy (LIVE) - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/0Torment and Legacy (LIVE) - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Torment and Legacy (LIVE) - Page 3 Empty Re: Torment and Legacy (LIVE)

Post  Chris Sat Mar 04, 2023 6:31 pm

ROUND 2

Chris wrote:

Initiative

Meriseil 25
    *Seelah    dying 2
    Hanaar 24   23\45
    Ezren 20  
    Kyra 19     10/17
    Wolf 13   dead

lol!   nice try, but each successive attack comes with a -5 penalty, then -10

Kyra hit with the first swing, but missed and critically missed with the other 2.

Wolf takes 3 and will attempt to bite Kyra back

1 - strike

Melee [one-action] jaws +9, Damage 1d6+2 piercing plus Knockdown

Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +9" :

17 + 9 = 26

hit!

Result of the throw of dice "1d6 +2" :

1 + 2 = 3

Kyra cannot shield block as she didn't raise her shield this turn, instead taking 3 swings.

2 - The wolf will use its "trip" ability

Knockdown
    Requirements The monster’s last action was a success
    with a Strike that lists Knockdown in its damage entry. Effect The
    monster knocks the target prone.

Kyra is now Prone

Prone
    Source Core Rulebook pg. 621 4.0
    You're lying on the ground. You are flat-footed and take a –2 circumstance penalty to attack rolls. The only move actions you can use while you're prone are Crawl and Stand. Standing up ends the prone condition. You can Take Cover while prone to hunker down and gain greater cover against ranged attacks, even if you don't have an object to get behind, gaining a +4 circumstance bonus to AC against ranged attacks (but you remain flat-footed).

3 - strike vs prone Kyra (FF)

Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +4" :

20 + 4 = 24

hit

Result of the throw of dice "1d6 +2" :

2 + 2 = 4

Meriseil is up
    She can't really help Seelah, unfortunately.   She will try to help Kyra, in the hopes that Kyra can heal Seelah.  

1 - stride to AA20, wolf is now flanked and FF

2 - strike, with sneak attack

Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +7" :

15 + 7 = 22 ( 1 away from a crit)

hit

damage
    Result of the throw of dice "1d8 +1d6 +4" :

2 + 6 + 4 = 12

Meriseil will try to finish off the wolf

3 - 2nd strike

Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +2" :

11 + 2 = 13

just barely hit AC 15 -2 for FF

I think she gets Sneak Attack again, it doesn't say once per turn.  

Sneak Attack
    When your enemy can't properly defend itself, you take advantage to deal extra damage. If you Strike a creature that has the flat-footed condition with an agile or finesse melee weapon, an agile or finesse unarmed attack, a ranged weapon attack, or a ranged unarmed attack, you deal an extra 1d6 precision damage. For a ranged attack with a thrown melee weapon, that weapon must also be agile or finesse.

As your rogue level increases, so does the number of damage dice for your sneak attack. Increase the number of dice by one at 5th, 11th, and 17th levels.

Result of the throw of dice "1d8 +1d6 +4" :

2 + 3 + 4 = 9

whew!  she just barely kills the wolfie

Torment and Legacy (LIVE) - Page 3 Pf2e224

Seelah needs to make a Recovery Check

Recovery Checks
    Source Core Rulebook pg. 459 4.0
    When you’re dying, at the start of each of your turns, you must attempt a flat check with a DC equal to 10 + your current dying value to see if you get better or worse. This is called a recovery check. The effects of this check are as follows.

Critical Success Your dying value is reduced by 2.
    Success Your dying value is reduced by 1.
    Failure Your dying value increases by 1.
    Critical Failure Your dying value increases by 2.
    [/quote]
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Torment and Legacy (LIVE) - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue68/68Torment and Legacy (LIVE) - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Torment and Legacy (LIVE) - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/0Torment and Legacy (LIVE) - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:09 pm

So by flat check, you mean I don’t get any ability bonuses?  Just a D20.
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20" :

So now Seelah has dying 3?

How high does that go to “dead?”
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Torment and Legacy (LIVE) - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue35/35Torment and Legacy (LIVE) - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Mar 04, 2023 9:57 pm

Dead at 4
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sun Mar 05, 2023 1:15 am

oops, its still my turn...

Hanaar holds his staff overhead and calls out to some dark spirits.  Vines and thorns sprout from his staff.  He retreats into a defensive position behind the rocks

2 - cast spell

Shillelagh
    Spell 1
    Plant Transmutation
    Source Core Rulebook pg. 369 4.0
    Traditions primal
    Deities Andoletta, Arundhat, Elven Pantheon
    Cast  somatic, verbal
    Range touch; Targets 1 club or staff you hold
    Duration 1 minute
    The target grows vines and leaves, brimming with primal energy. The target becomes a +1 striking weapon while in your hands, gaining a +1 item bonus to attack rolls and increasing the number of weapon damage dice to two. Additionally, as long as you are on your home plane, attacks you make with the target against aberrations, extraplanar creatures, and undead increase the number of weapon damage dice to three.

3 - stride to AA22

Torment and Legacy (LIVE) - Page 3 Pf2e225

Ezren is up
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Torment and Legacy (LIVE) - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue19/19Torment and Legacy (LIVE) - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    Torment and Legacy (LIVE) - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue1/0Torment and Legacy (LIVE) - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sun Mar 05, 2023 12:27 pm

ok, need to ask some questions here first. The Focus Spell was used, can his Staff be used to cast Hand of the Apprentice again?

If not, since he's out of range for Acid Splash, he can load and shoot his crossbow yes?

Trying to avoid using up his last 1st level spell if possible
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sun Mar 05, 2023 12:43 pm

No, focus spells are a separate pool than spell slots.

1 ap to draw crossbow
    1 ap to load
    1 to fire

But ezren has no line of sight, check the map Wink

Why save your spell? This is it
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Torment and Legacy (LIVE) - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue19/19Torment and Legacy (LIVE) - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    Torment and Legacy (LIVE) - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue1/0Torment and Legacy (LIVE) - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sun Mar 05, 2023 12:58 pm

ok, not really sure there is anything Ezren can do? It looks like the target is blocked from him by that rock, so Magic Missile wouldn't have line of sight?

navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Torment and Legacy (LIVE) - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue68/68Torment and Legacy (LIVE) - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Sun Mar 05, 2023 1:02 pm

Does magic missle require line of sight? Probably, I guess, but new systems sometimes have different wording.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sun Mar 05, 2023 1:09 pm

navyik wrote:Does magic missle require line of sight?  Probably, I guess, but new systems sometimes have different wording.

It says that you can only target someone that 'you can see.' So I would think LoS is required?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:21 pm

Yup, need LoS
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:19 pm

well, I guess he can move twice to get around the Entangle and then end up at P-13. I don't think there is anything else he can do?

Shield Cantrip as well

Stat Block:
    HP: 16
    Spell DC: 17
    Fort Save: +5
    Reflex Save: +5
    Will Save: +6
    AC: 15
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:42 pm

Ok, sounds good.

Kyra is up
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Torment and Legacy (LIVE) - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue60/112Torment and Legacy (LIVE) - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:22 pm

Kyra
    Hit Points 10/17
    AC 18 (+2 if shield raised = 20)
    Fortitude +5
    Reflex +4
    Will +9

AP 1: "Move" to X18 (That is Selah in W18, correct?)

AP 2: "Cast Spell, Heal, target Selah, somatic/touch"
    Result of the throw of dice "1d8" :

7 HP restored (REALLY like how the range of the spell scales by component, cool idea!)

AP 3: "Raise Shield"

Id appreciate the courtesy of clarification/discussion others are enjoying going forward, bit puzzling to have my last turn "got ya processed" over an oversight in a system Im new to while others are getting opportunities to correct and adjust. Thanks.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:25 pm

Sorry about that.  I should have asked if that was really what you wanted to do since you didn't have the mechanics correctly noted.  My bad.  I have been trying but I forget sometimes.  

In that vein, did you notice that the 2 ap version of heal can be used at range and heals d8 +8 hp?
    Its the same ap cost as moving and healing but you get more hp restored.  Let me know if you want to adjust you turn.

I really like the spell scaling with AP and components. Magic Missile can cost 1-2-3 ap and fires 1 mm per ap.
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Torment and Legacy (LIVE) - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue60/112Torment and Legacy (LIVE) - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:37 pm

Chris wrote:Sorry about that.  I should have asked if that was really what you wanted to do since you didn't have the mechanics correctly noted.  My bad.  I have been trying but I forget sometimes.  

In that vein, did you notice that the 2 ap version of heal can be used at range and heals d8 +8 hp?
    Its the same ap cost as moving and healing but you get more hp restored.  Let me know if you want to adjust you turn.

I really like the spell scaling with AP and components.  Magic Missile can cost 1-2-3 ap and fires 1 mm per ap.  

Its good man, figured it slipped past.

Solid observation on the 2 AP heal, but I figure Kyra is about to get hit so will keep the round as stated. She is the closest target for dude so I want that reaction.

Consider my arm twisted, Ill have to sit down and really read this system now. Some very cool mechanics!
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:57 am

Kyra heals Seelah for 8 hp.

If you lose the dying condition by succeeding at a recovery check and are still at 0 Hit Points, you remain unconscious, but you can wake up as described in that condition. You lose the dying condition automatically and wake up if you ever have 1 Hit Point or more. Any time you lose the dying condition, you gain the wounded 1 condition, or increase your wounded condition value by 1 if you already have that condition.  The wounded condition ends if someone successfully restores Hit Points to you with Treat Wounds, or if you are restored to full Hit Points and rest for 10 minutes.    If you gain the dying condition while wounded, increase the dying condition’s value by your wounded value.

Seelah wakes up at 8hp and is now wounded 1

So note above, this prevents the yo-yo healing that exists in 5e, where a character is totally safe at higher levels with 1 HP, because they can't be killed outright unless the dmg goes beyond negative their total HP.  So a cleric can just keep bouncing them back up with a 1st level Healing Word spell and they can keep going down.  Its actually more effective to just bounce them than to try and actually heal a lot of damage.

In PF2e, you are dead at dying 4 and your dying condition increases by your wounded level.   Twisted Evil

Top of round 3!

Meriseil pursues Hanaar.

1 - stride to BB-22

2- Strike  

3 - strike

4 + 7 = 11  

miss!

18 + 2 = 20

just barely hit AC 19

damage, no sneak attack since he isn't FF

Result of the throw of dice "1d8 +4" :

6 + 4 = 10

Torment and Legacy (LIVE) - Page 3 Pf2e226

Chris wrote:

Initiative

Meriseil 25
    *Seelah     wounded 1 8/19
    Hanaar 24   13\45
    Ezren 20  
    Kyra 19     10/17
    Wolf 13   dead

Seelah is awake, but Prone (1 ap to stand)
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:39 pm

Seelah
    Hp 19/ 8
    Ac 18(20)
    F. 6
    R. 4
    W. 6

Shield Hd5 Hp20

Wounded 1

Stand >
    Move to y-22 >

If drawing a bow costs an action point, then she will keep the sword in hand and step to z-22 to flank. If it is a free action she will draw it and fire. >

16 + 4 = 20

Damage

Result of the throw of dice "1d6" :

I don’t know what the “deadly” thing is for the bow. I will roll it just in case.

Result of the throw of dice "1d10" :

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:47 am

navyik wrote:Seelah
    Hp 19/ 8
    Ac 18(20)
    F. 6
    R. 4
    W. 6

Shield Hd5 Hp20

Wounded 1

Stand >
    Move to y-22 >

If drawing a bow costs an action point, then she will keep the sword in hand and step to z-22 to flank. If it is a free action she will draw it and fire. >

16 + 4 = 20

Damage

Result of the throw of dice "1d6" :

I don’t know what the “deadly” thing is for the bow. I will roll it just in case.

Result of the throw of dice "1d10" :

about the only "free" actions is to drop something you are holding.  drawing a weapon costs 1ap

Did you want to use the consumable rune on the sword?  

it gives +1 to hit and an extra d8 damage

Deadly is really cool - so when you get a critical hit, which happens more often keep in mind, you double the normal damage dice and ADD the deadly damage dice (not doubled). So a bow is extra nasty when you crit!

the Ogre's hook also had Deadly, just fyi
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:00 pm

Okay. Seelah is at z-22 but can’t attack. The consumable rune is on her sword (she doesn’t have to expend it until she activates it, right?)

“Will you yield?! Your village offers reconciliation!”
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:07 pm

navyik wrote:Okay. Seelah is at z-22 but can’t attack. The consumable rune is on her sword (she doesn’t have to expend it until she activates it, right?)

“Will you yield?! Your village offers reconciliation!”

I think you have 1 more action

1 - stand
    2 - stride to z22
    3 ?

Hanaar is not yielding and that would be an action for a skill check of Diplomacy anyways

use your rune and swing away (yes, only used on activation)
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:13 pm

Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +8" :

6 + 8 = 14

Motherf#€£€r…

Damage if miraculous hit occurs
    Result of the throw of dice "2d8 +5" :

7 + 6 + 5 = 18
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:20 pm

navyik wrote:Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +8" :

6 + 8 = 14

Motherf#€£€r…

Damage if miraculous hit occurs
    Result of the throw of dice "2d8 +5" :

7 + 6 + 5 = 18

dang it!   AC19, 17 FF

Hanaar's turn

2ap - cast flaming sphere on Seelah
    1ap - swing his staff (empowered with shillelagh) at Meriseil

Flaming Sphere
    Spell 2
    Evocation Fire
    Source Core Rulebook pg. 338 4.0
    Traditions arcane, primal
    Spell List elemental
    Bloodline diabolic
    Deities Lubaiko, Nurgal, Ra, The Path of the Heavens
    Cast  somatic, verbal
    Range 30 feet; Area 1 5-foot square
    Saving Throw Reflex; Duration sustained up to 1 minute
    You create a sphere of flame in a square within range. The sphere must be supported by a solid surface, such as a stone floor. The sphere deals 3d6 fire damage to each creature in the square where it first appears; each creature must attempt a basic Reflex save. On subsequent rounds, the first time you Sustain this Spell each round, you can leave the sphere in its square or roll it to another square within range. It deals 3d6 fire damage (basic Reflex save) to each creature in that square.

Creatures that succeed at their save take no damage (instead of half).
    Heightened (+1) The damage increases by 1d6.

Seelah needs a Reflex Save DC 21 or take

Result of the throw of dice "3d6" :

2 + 1 + 3 = 6  fire

staff swing vs Meriseil

Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +11" :

20 + 11 = 31

ouch that's a crit on top of a crit (still just a crit)

remember shillelagh is a +1 wpn and double dice (like a magic wpn)

Result of the throw of dice "2d8 +4" :

6 + 3 + 4 = 13
    doubled to 26!

Meriseil goes down and is dying 2 (crit)

Hanaar wheels his attention back to Seelah to watch her burn

Torment and Legacy (LIVE) - Page 3 Pf2e227

Chris wrote:

Initiative

Meriseil 25   dying 2
    *Seelah     wounded 1   8/19
    Hanaar 24   13\45
    Ezren 20  
    Kyra 19     10/17
    Wolf 13   dead

Ezren is up
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:58 pm

Seelah
    Hp 19/ 2
    Ac 18(20)
    F. 6
    R. 4
    W. 6

Shield Hd5 Hp20

16 + 4 = 20

Seelah takes 6 damage and is still up.

Reaction: Retributive strike Resistance 3 for Meriseil. (Probably negligible impact)

Sword attack

3 + 7 = 10

Piss…
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:52 pm

I keep forgetting that ability, its really solid!
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:26 pm

time to use this:

onyx dog wondrous figurine - Each one of these statuettes is 1 inch in height, carved from a specific material and taking the shape of a particular animal or animals.

Activate command, Interact; Effect You activate the statue by placing it on solid ground and then speaking its name, causing the statuette to transform into a living creature or creatures. In creature form, the figurine has the minion trait. It can understand your language and it obeys you to the best of its ability when you use an action to command it. The specifics of each creature, as well as the activation’s frequency (if any), appear in its entry below.

Source Core Rulebook pg. 576 4.0
    Price 34 gp
    This simple onyx statue transforms into a guard dog. The dog has a +4 circumstance bonus to Survival checks to Track, and it has darkvision. When the dog senses a hidden creature with its scent, that creature is instead observed and concealed. The onyx dog can be activated once per week and remains in its form for up to 6 hours.

Ezren will set the figurine on the ground and tell it to move and attack the baddie.

How many actions does this take?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:58 pm

1 ap to Interact and summon the dog

1 ap to command the minion, which gets 2 aps itself

Minion
    Source Core Rulebook pg. 634 4.0
    Minions are creatures that directly serve another creature. A creature with this trait can use only 2 actions per turn, doesn't have reactions, and can't act when it's not your turn. Your minion acts on your turn in combat, once per turn, when you spend an action to issue it commands. For an animal companion, you Command an Animal; for a minion that's a spell or magic item effect, like a summoned minion, you Sustain a Spell or Sustain an Activation; if not otherwise specified, you issue a verbal command as a single action with the auditory and concentrate traits. If given no commands, minions use no actions except to defend themselves or to escape obvious harm. If left unattended for long enough, typically 1 minute, mindless minions usually don't act, animals follow their instincts, and sapient minions act how they please. A minion can't control other creatures.

Ezren could Stride once to get closer, if you want
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:01 am

Ok then, Ezren will move to V-14

Done I guess.

Stat Block:
    HP: 16
    Spell DC: 17
    Fort Save: +5
    Reflex Save: +5
    Will Save: +6
    AC: 15

actually, it would make more sense for him to move, then set it down and activate it. Then it can move closer and maybe attack? (maybe not)
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:04 am

I am confused... did you summon the dog and command it?

It is summon next to you and has 2 aps.  What does it do on your turn?

It cant reach Hanaar, but it could stride x2 to get there for next turn
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:59 am

Chris wrote:I am confused... did you summon the dog and command it?

It is summon next to you and has 2 aps.  What does it do on your turn?

It cant reach Hanaar, but it could stride x2 to get there for next turn

Can you move first and then summon it?
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:59 am

TPK!
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:59 am

yes, summoned and commanded. It will do a double move then. Did that clarify?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:14 pm

Ok, Kyra is up

And just a general FYI... we leave on vacation Friday morning, so this encounter needs to wrap up Thursday.
    If Mike starts up 5e again, I can be a player but not a gm
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:23 am

GM - can you confirm that Merrisel is at the edge of, but still within a 30ft emmanation ring centered on Kyra?

Emanation
    Source Core Rulebook pg. 457 4.0
    An emanation issues forth from each side of your space, extending out to a specified number of feet in all directions. For instance, the bless spell's emanation radiates 5 or more feet outward from the caster. Because the sides of a creature's space are the starting point for the emanation, an emanation from a Large or larger creature affects a greater overall area than that of a Medium or smaller creature. Unless the text states otherwise, the creature creating an emanation effect chooses whether the creature at its center is affected.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:17 am

MAS wrote:GM - can you confirm that Merrisel is at the edge of, but still within a 30ft emmanation ring centered on Kyra?

Emanation
    Source Core Rulebook pg. 457 4.0
    An emanation issues forth from each side of your space, extending out to a specified number of feet in all directions. For instance, the bless spell's emanation radiates 5 or more feet outward from the caster. Because the sides of a creature's space are the starting point for the emanation, an emanation from a Large or larger creature affects a greater overall area than that of a Medium or smaller creature. Unless the text states otherwise, the creature creating an emanation effect chooses whether the creature at its center is affected.

She sure is, go for it!
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:09 am

Kyra
    Hit Points 10/17
    AC 18 (+2 if shield raised = 20)
    Fortitude +5
    Reflex +4
    Will +9

AP 1,2,3 = 3 point "heal" cast, 30ft emmanation
    Result of the throw of dice "1d8 +8" :

7 + 8 = 15

15 HP healed to Kyra, Seelah, Merisol, and the evil dude, unfortunately.

Heal
    Spell 1
    Healing Necromancy Positive
    Source Core Rulebook pg. 343 4.0
    Range varies; Targets 1 willing living creature or 1 undead
    You channel positive energy to heal the living or damage the undead. If the target is a willing living creature, you restore 1d8 Hit Points. If the target is undead, you deal that amount of positive damage to it, and it gets a basic Fortitude save. The number of actions you spend when Casting this Spell determines its targets, range, area, and other parameters.

(somatic) The spell has a range of touch.
    (somatic, verbal) The spell has a range of 30 feet. If you're healing a living creature, increase the Hit Points restored by 8.
    (material, somatic, verbal) You disperse positive energy in a 30-foot emanation. This targets all living and undead creatures in the burst.

Heightened (+1) The amount of healing or damage increases by 1d8, and the extra healing for the 2-action version increases by 8.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:44 am

Chris wrote:

Initiative

Meriseil 25   wounded 1   7/18
    *Seelah     wounded 1   9/19
    Hanaar 24   20\45
    Ezren 20  
    Kyra 19     17/17
    Wolf 13   dead

@Matt - check the wording on the Heal, you only get the +8 on the 2 AP variation that is a single target.  The touch and emanation are just a d8, so just the 7 if you want to stick with that action.

Health adjusted above to reflect the 7hp heal.

Torment and Legacy (LIVE) - Page 3 Pf2e228

it Meriseil's turn

1 ap to stand
    1 ap Strike
    1 strike again

strike against FF Hanaar

1 + 7 = 8

oh for god god jesus god

2 + 2 = 4

Seelah is up
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:36 pm

roger, effects do not stack, proceed
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:03 pm

Seelah
    Hp 19/ 16
    Ac 18(20)
    F. 6
    R. 4
    W. 6

Shield Hd5 Hp20

BATTLE MEDICINE [one-action] >
    HEALING
    Prerequisites Trained Medicine
    You can patch up yourself or an adjacent ally, even in the middle of combat. Attempt a Medicine check with the same DC as Treat Wounds and provide the corresponding amount of healing. As with Treat Wounds, you can attempt checks against higher DCs if you have the minimum proficiency rank. The target is then temporarily immune to your Battle Medicine action for 1 day.

18 + 4 = 22

Result of the throw of dice "2d8" :

2 + 7 = 9 Healed to Self

Strike >

15 + 7 = 22

Result of the throw of dice "1d8 +4" :

3 + 4 = 7

Raise shield >

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:56 pm

Seelah patches herself up and whacks Hanaar!

Hanaar is up

1 ap - sustain flaming sphere and move it onto Meriseil

2 ap - strike Seelah

Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +11" :

1 + 11 = 12

my dice, why have you abandoned me affraid

3 ap - strike Seelah at -5

Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +6" :

3 + 6 = 9

le sigh

Meriseil needs a Reflex Save DC 21 or take 3d6 fire

Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +9" :

19 + 9 = 28

denied!  no damage

Torment and Legacy (LIVE) - Page 3 Pf2e229

Initiative

Meriseil 25   wounded 1   7/18
    *Seelah     wounded 1   18/19
    Hanaar 24   13\45
    Ezren 20  
    Kyra 19     17/17
    Wolf 13   dead

Ezren and his pet doggo are up
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:13 pm

ok, dog first.

Move and attack - he has two allies within reach of the target, so he gets an additional 1d4 damage if he hits.

Attack:

Thu Mar 09 2023 16:12:35 GMT-0700 (Mountain Standard Time)
    Rolling line 1 : 1d20 + 6 to total : 5, + 6, TOTAL: 11

lol.. nevermind

Ok, time to use up the last 1st level spell, maybe. Does Ezren have LoS on him now?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:04 pm

Looking at the map.... uh.... no. But since i go on vacation tomorrow.... DM fiat says.... yes
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:30 pm

lol... well thank you!

Three magic missiles - since he isn't moving, he can shoot three at the baddie

You send a dart of force streaking toward a creature that
    you can see. It automatically hits and deals 1d4+1 force
    damage. For each additional action you use when Casting
    the Spell, increase the number of missiles you shoot by one,
    to a maximum of three missiles for 3 actions. You choose
    the target for each missile individually. If you shoot more
    than one missile at the same target, combine the damage
    before applying bonuses or penalties to damage, resistances,
    weaknesses, and so forth.

auto-hit is always nice.

Thu Mar 09 2023 19:30:00 GMT-0700 (Mountain Standard Time)
    Rolling line 1 : 3d4 + 3 to total : 2, 4, 4, + 3, TOTAL: 13

Ezren is done
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:00 am

Hooray!
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:30 am

Huzzah! He is dead.

Technically not because it takes 1 action to command your minion but it's OK for now.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:09 pm

interesting action break down. Just to say it, I think it's a bit wonky to require an actual action to have something attack... but oh well.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:42 pm

whit10 wrote:interesting action break down. Just to say it, I think it's a bit wonky to require an actual action to have something attack...  but oh well.

It’s a Druid nerf.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:50 am

A summoner nerf in general, yes.

In 5e, it takes a ranger a full Action to command his pet. Most newer summon spells in 5e also take a bonus action. Its really the oldest summon spells (druid) with no action cost that are problematic, imo.

Even spells like spiritual weapon, flaming sphere, etc take a bonus action to use each turn.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 2:15 am