Dice - http://dicelog.com

D20 SRD - http://www.d20srd.org/index.htm

Pathfinder SRD - http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/

Modern SRD - http://www.d20moderndb.com/game-rules/d20-modern-srd

Pando - http://www.pando.com/

Dropbox - http://www.dropbox.com/

Open Office - http://www.openoffice.org/

5 posters

What is it.... some kind of local trouble?

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    What is it.... some kind of local trouble? Left_bar_bleue35/35What is it.... some kind of local trouble? Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    What is it.... some kind of local trouble? Left_bar_bleue0/0What is it.... some kind of local trouble? Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

What is it.... some kind of local trouble? Empty What is it.... some kind of local trouble?

Post  Chris Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:05 pm

Chris wrote:
    navyik wrote:Military grade com: "razor1, this is poker face.  I am calling in your marker, over."
    is Rakhu calling the 'Pubs that were find their own ships or the Twi'lek Thana or something else?
    navyik wrote:Both pubs and thana
    Rakhu get the following transmissions in return:

What is it.... some kind of local trouble? Pilot_10

Republic troopers, "Roger pokerface.  All cards are shuffled and the decks are ready to be dealt.  Nearby tables are getting full, game needs to start soon."

What is it.... some kind of local trouble? Twilek10

Twi'lek Thana, "uh... yeah, pokerface.... Tha... er.... this is tourist here.  um.... there are some new... uh.... employees of the house.... going around to the.... uh.... tables.  I think they want to.... uh.... take our table.  Uh.... Groelsch!  (she curses in Shrywook) blast this stupid code.  We are having some local trouble with a rival gang that wants to get off world now that Soren has taken control.  I explained to them that our ship's engines are not working and our, ahem, you, our technical crew is out getting parts for repairs.  I hope you found the... parts you were looking for and that you can come back here and fix the ship."
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    What is it.... some kind of local trouble? Left_bar_bleue60/112What is it.... some kind of local trouble? Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    What is it.... some kind of local trouble? Left_bar_bleue0/0What is it.... some kind of local trouble? Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

What is it.... some kind of local trouble? Empty Re: What is it.... some kind of local trouble?

Post  MAS Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:26 pm

"Well. FRAK. I advise that we must know if Twi'lek Thana can take off safely without these....uninvited players. If she cannot, we must place our bets with haste."
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    What is it.... some kind of local trouble? Left_bar_bleue68/68What is it.... some kind of local trouble? Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

What is it.... some kind of local trouble? Empty Re: What is it.... some kind of local trouble?

Post  navyik Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:56 pm

"Roger that, razor one, go ahead and place your bets. We will handle the tourist attractions. Over."
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    What is it.... some kind of local trouble? Left_bar_bleue35/35What is it.... some kind of local trouble? Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:28 am

What is it.... some kind of local trouble? Pilot_11

"I copy.  All bets placed on Red, spinning the wheel."

Within a few minutes, the party can see several ships fly directly overhead of Rakhu's signal, following the path the party has cleared through the FLAK guns.

The final ship tips its wing as it passes.  

What is it.... some kind of local trouble? Fleein10

"Looks like we have a winner.  Good luck, Pokerface.  May the Force be with you."
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:29 am

back to Epsilon 12 and the Mitochondria or any other actions here?
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    What is it.... some kind of local trouble? Left_bar_bleue68/68What is it.... some kind of local trouble? Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:21 am

"We need to move. Tight squad, double speed, same trail back, point man only ahead 10m. Moooooove yooooour asseeeeeessss!"
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:04 am

navyik wrote:"We need to move.  Tight squad, double speed, same trail back, point man only ahead 10m.  Moooooove yooooour asseeeeeessss!"
    are you running the whole way to the hangar or just back to the speeder-truck you guys had used to get here?
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:36 am

Heh heh. Hustling to truck.

"If that scout found the truck we could be walking into an ambush..."
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:44 am

navyik wrote:Heh heh.  Hustling to truck.  

"If that scout found the truck we could be walking into an ambush..."
    nah, he had enough of fighting.

If anyone wanted to do anything else at the bunker, let me know. Otherwise.....

The party double times it back down the hill to where they parked the speeder-truck. However, it appears that Garindan scout decided the quickest way to get his pastry-chef career back on track was to steal your ride. The speeder truck is gone.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    What is it.... some kind of local trouble? Left_bar_bleue19/19What is it.... some kind of local trouble? Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    What is it.... some kind of local trouble? Left_bar_bleue1/0What is it.... some kind of local trouble? Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:39 pm

Hold on a sec.... "does the gang have a leader and if so, what's he look like?"

Chris, just how far does a comlink reach, any chance of contacting Tank?
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    What is it.... some kind of local trouble? Left_bar_bleue19/19What is it.... some kind of local trouble? Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    What is it.... some kind of local trouble? Left_bar_bleue1/0What is it.... some kind of local trouble? Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:40 pm

navyik wrote:"We need to move.  Tight squad, double speed, same trail back, point man only ahead 10m.  Moooooove yooooour asseeeeeessss!"
    "a little less barking, please"
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:58 pm

\"Chris wrote:
    If anyone wanted to do anything else at the bunker, let me know.  Otherwise.....

The party double times it back down the hill to where they parked the speeder-truck.  However, it appears that Garindan scout decided the quickest way to get his pastry-chef career back on track was to steal your ride.  The speeder truck is gone.
    Sorry, but again, I'm usually only online a couple times a day.
    I think (in the last thread) Rakhu wanted to open the front door. Irwin and Sharn both have Computer use. Sharn has tools. There was a large hole cut in the top of the bunker however, which Rakhu could have easily slid through to investigate things further.

Okay, so if we want to investigate the bunker, then Sharn/Irwin Take 20 on hacking the front door.

Also, when we start to hoof it out of there, Irwin flies ahead, scouting out the scene...
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:46 pm

whit10 wrote:Hold on a sec.... "does the gang have a leader and if so, what's he look like?"

Chris, just how far does a comlink reach, any chance of contacting Tank?
    who is Daxx talking to?

you can try - think Luke and Han talking to each via comlinks on Hoth

Robyo wrote:
    Sorry, but again, I'm usually only online a couple times a day.
    I think (in the last thread) Rakhu wanted to open the front door.
    Also, when we start to hoof it out of there, Irwin flies ahead, scouting out the scene...
    Right. And if you read the end of the other thread,  T'son wanted to leave quickly before the situation got worse, and Rakhu changed his mind about the bunker when they learned the Twi'lek couldn't take off and come pick you all up.

No worries about your ability to check in, I won't move the story past anything crucial.  Really, everyone is stuck picking daisies on the hillside, if you don't go back.  Irwin already flew into the bunker and reported back, I am not really sure what everyone wanted to explore, but just being thorough, I suppose.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:06 pm

That line was to Rahku... sorry. Nevermind that.

I'll try to contact Tank, for what it's worth
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:40 pm

whit10 wrote:
    I'll try to contact Tank, for what it's worth
    Tank's hushed voice replies, "damn, I hoped you got off world."

What is it.... some kind of local trouble? Tank10
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:45 pm

"Where are you? I'm trying to split now"
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:03 pm

whit10 wrote:"Where are you?  I'm trying to split now"
    What is it.... some kind of local trouble? Tank11

"I'm just laying low in the Furry Bantha (cantina), not much choice since that deal went south. I have nothing to offer Viggo (another minor gang leader) or any smuggler to get me off world now that I left those stolen crates of Soren's guns on the street for the Nikto. Oh well, at least I have a neck to worry about, right?"
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:25 pm

"roger that.. hunker down for now, I'll be in touch again soon."
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    What is it.... some kind of local trouble? Left_bar_bleue60/112What is it.... some kind of local trouble? Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:58 pm

"Mr Sharn - your stalking abiltites are impressive, not to mention the...severity in which you neutralize threats. Are you comfortable continuing this...um, yes, "project"....despite its increasing divergance from your typical activities?" 

"Mr Dax, Jedi...it seems you have a trustworthy associate back in town? Could he be relied on to go take a look at the dock area near Twi'lek Thana and asses the sitation?"
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:43 pm

"let me check.. I think he's a bit scared right now."

"Tank, are you anywhere near the dock right now, over?"
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:01 pm

whit10 wrote:"let me check.. I think he's a bit scared right now."

"Tank, are you anywhere near the dock right now, over?"
    What is it.... some kind of local trouble? Tank12

"uh.... the streets are pretty hot right now. What's on your mind.... buddy?"
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:02 pm

MAS wrote:"Mr Sharn - your stalking abiltites are impressive, not to mention the...severity in which you neutralize threats. Are you comfortable continuing this...um, yes, "project"....despite its increasing divergance from your typical activities?" 
    I am curious to see if Sharn can keep up his 100% "throw them off a height" style of combat cheers 
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:11 pm

Chris wrote:
    MAS wrote:"Mr Sharn - your stalking abiltites are impressive, not to mention the...severity in which you neutralize threats. Are you comfortable continuing this...um, yes, "project"....despite its increasing divergance from your typical activities?" 
    I am curious to see if Sharn can keep up his 100% "throw them off a height" style of combat cheers 
     If he can keep up the run, he should get some sort of bonus!
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:28 pm

MAS wrote:
    Chris wrote:
    I agree - I could see something cool like a free Wookie Rage stat boost for a round, each time he throws someone off a height, maybe stacking in duration for each falling victim per day

something new, fun and unique anyways - good stuff Rob

whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:37 pm

"T'son... what should I tell him?"
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:37 pm

whit10 wrote:"T'son... what should I tell him?"
    "If the dock is hot, maybe he can help us get into a spot from which to operate; and if i sound like im barking, then i aint even started yet."
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:06 am

"Rrarvin grawwwl murgeshvor? Graff ruffror bhagarvarisht... growler vas. Bhargat washtkar ruffwooo." {What is the incentive? After all, a wookie's got to eat... not to mention editing costs. However, I do smell a hit documentary in the making}

Last edited by Robyo on Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:08 am; edited 1 time in total
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:07 am

Chris wrote:
    MAS wrote:
    Chris wrote:
    I agree - I could see something cool like a free Wookie Rage stat boost for a round, each time he throws someone off a height, maybe stacking in duration for each falling victim per day

something new, fun and unique anyways - good stuff Rob  

Sharn needs a jet pack bounce 
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:08 am

Jet packs for everyone!!!cheers 
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:13 pm

"We need to know how many we are dealing with, where they are (on the ship, aroun d the ship,etc), and what kind fo hardware they are carrying....any additional information about the gang and what they want may help facilitate a negotiation vs a firefight"
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:14 pm

"Mr Sharn - I have feeling this may end up being the best action-doc-drama material you'll ever have THROWN your way" 

heheh! get it? THROWN?!?!?!?!?! Ha!
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:16 pm

"I don't think one man is going to be able to provide all of that to us in the limited time we have." (don't we have a shuttle on the way?)

navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:04 pm

whit10 wrote:"I don't think one man is going to be able to provide all of that to us in the limited time we have."  (don't we have a shuttle on the way?)

Our shuttle has been commandeered by said gang and its crew is bluffing that the ship is broke down and that we are the mechanics on our way to get her running.
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:50 am

"Other than background information about the gang, which is "nice to know" vs "need to know", the rest can be accomplished by walking around the dock and taking a look. But if your "reliable" man cant' handle walking and looking at the same time, we should not pressure him" 
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:22 am

Sharn is ready to bust up their gang! Rawrrr!

BTW, I posted in the General Discussion section, concerning future gaming. Check it out... Thanks!
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:18 am

MAS wrote:
    "Other than background information about the gang, which is "nice to know" vs "need to know", the rest can be accomplished by walking around the dock and taking a look. But if your "reliable" man cant' handle walking and looking at the same time, we should not pressure him" 
    Ok... I'll try to convey that to Tank. "You assume a lot of those you've never met, don't you?" (to T'son)
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:29 am

navyik wrote:
    whit10 wrote:"I don't think one man is going to be able to provide all of that to us in the limited time we have."  (don't we have a shuttle on the way?)

Our shuttle has been commandeered by said gang and its crew is bluffing that the ship is broke down and that we are the mechanics on our way to get her running.
    Alan is correct here. (bonus points for paying attention to the story!)

The Republic troops, who found their own rides, just flew by overhead and fled the planet.  They are going to alert the Republic to the recent hostile takeover by Soren and the other warlords.   (planetary mission accomplished - more details on this later)

Group Mission: get off Ord Mantell and take Twi'lek Thana back to Kintan..... in progress.

And your speeder-truck that Rakhu found was stolen by the Garindan Scout that T'son intimidated out of the fight.

Daxx - please give me some dialogue, what exactly do you say to Tank?

Do you guys want to start walking back towards Fort Garnik or hang out in the woods? (tick, tock, tick, tock)
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:43 am

great... more fighting while wounded..

anyway, "Tank, I'm with a, well, too long to explain... I got four people here that need to get to the dock and find transport off this rock. Can you see who's guarding the dock and if there's anything serviceable to get us out of here... you're welcome to come with."
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:02 am

whit10 wrote:great... more fighting while wounded..

anyway,  "Tank, I'm with a, well, too long to explain... I got four people here that need to get to the dock and find transport off this rock.  Can you see who's guarding the dock and if there's anything serviceable to get us out of here... you're welcome to come with."
    wait a second, I am confused....  

do you really want to ask Tank to walk around all of the docks and look for another ship?

or do you want him to go to Epsilon 12, where you already have a ship (and a Twilek you need to get to Kintan) waiting for you,  that just can't take off because there is a local gang wanting a ride?   I think this is the scouting T'son and Rakhu were wanting, but it's your character
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:14 am

...and this is where I was confused.

No, the latter is what I would like him to do.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:30 am

What is it.... some kind of local trouble? Tank12

"uh.... ok. Like I said the streets are pretty hot right now, but I will try if it means a ride off this rock. I will report back if I can see anything."
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:47 pm

"Daxx, do you know a quiet way into town near your asset's location. It would be safer for him to operate with our backup."cyclops 
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:55 pm

uh... (I don't know, do I?)

Streetwise:

Roll(1d20)+9:
    17,+9
    Total:26

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:59 pm

whit10 wrote:uh... (I don't know, do I?)
    Streetwise:
    Roll(1d20)+9:
    17,+9
    Total:26
    Fort Garnik is not exactly a secure fortress, not by any means. There are plenty of sections that are unsecured. The areas with easier access also happen to be near the space port and away from the barracks and C2 tower side of town. Given Daxx's background on Ord Mantell, he knows how to move about Fort Garnik without attracting much attention. Daxx knows how to cut through back alleys and avoid the main roads and gathering points.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Just to sum up, so we are all on the same page....

Tank is going to try and sneak up to Epsilon 12 and get a better look

There is a 'gang' according to the Twi'lek Thana that wants a ride off planet, she bluffed them into thinking the ship was damaged and that her tech crew (you all) were out getting repair parts.

The Republic soldiers made it off Ord Mantell and will warn the Republic of the takeover by Soren and the warlords of the Mantellian Independence Coalition (MIP). World Mission - completed.

You are all standing in the woods. Rakhu is picking his nose absently. Your speeder was stolen by the Garindan scout that T'son convinced to flee.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

What do you all want to do now?
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:05 pm

What time of day is it?

I suggest we hoof it to worm-head chick's ship. We can help her out, then get off the planet.

Unless it's really late or too far to walk... Then maybe we should camp.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:37 pm

If I recall, you guys spent the night in Fort Garnik, while Sharn tended to the triage and more 'pubs trickled in over night.

The troops went to look for a ship in the morning and you set out for the flak guns. it took maybe an hour or so by speeder to get into the foothills, the fight... so it is maybe mid morning. it would probably take several hours to get back to FG by foot, but you would reach it before sundown for sure - which might make sneaking around a bit easier.

if you stop and rest for an hour, everyone would regain all vitality, but not wounds.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:09 am

I vote for resting one hour then proceeding on foot at best speed for the fort. "I can get us around there easy enough, just need a break guys. Besides, that might give Tank a chance to let us know who's hassling your friend."
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:15 am

"Maybe we can do this without a fight...y'know, like, lure them over to a juicier hijack? Maybe we can even get them to make trouble for the insurgents..."
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:22 am

"I'd prefer that to a fight right now.. but it doesn't hurt to be somewhat prepared for the other possibility"
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:19 am

whit10 wrote:"I'd prefer that to a fight right now.. but it doesn't hurt to be somewhat prepared for the other possibility"
    "No one will blame you for being tactical, " rakhu says, offering daxx one of the blaster pistols recovered in the last combat. "Actually, we have a sniper rifle now. In your condition it would be an honorable contribution to the plan.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content