Dice - http://dicelog.com

D20 SRD - http://www.d20srd.org/index.htm

Pathfinder SRD - http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/

Modern SRD - http://www.d20moderndb.com/game-rules/d20-modern-srd

Pando - http://www.pando.com/

Dropbox - http://www.dropbox.com/

Open Office - http://www.openoffice.org/

5 posters

What is it.... some kind of local trouble?

whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    What is it.... some kind of local trouble? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue19/19What is it.... some kind of local trouble? - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    What is it.... some kind of local trouble? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1/0What is it.... some kind of local trouble? - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

What is it.... some kind of local trouble? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is it.... some kind of local trouble?

Post  whit10 Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:55 am

"thanks for the offer but, this is more than adequate" (points to his lightsaber... and Daxx actually has a blaster pistol strapped to his right leg
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    What is it.... some kind of local trouble? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue35/35What is it.... some kind of local trouble? - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    What is it.... some kind of local trouble? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0What is it.... some kind of local trouble? - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

What is it.... some kind of local trouble? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is it.... some kind of local trouble?

Post  Chris Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:32 am

good role playing!

Everyone rests for an hour, eats, relaxes and gets all their vitality restored.  

What is it.... some kind of local trouble? - Page 2 Tank13

Tank reports in towards the end of the rest period, "Not much activity near Epsilon 12.  I can see a few thugs outside the hangar entrance.  They are just standing around, keeping a look-out it appears.  It's hard to see inside, but I have caught a glimpse of 1 big ugly human, looks like a long burn scar down one side of his face.  I've caught him pacing around near the ship and the Twi'lek.  I'll try to keep making a pass by Ep12 every 30-60 minutes, but not often enough to draw attention.... I hope.  You might want to hurry, this guy doesn't seem like the patient type."

Any other actions here?

Otherwise, I believe Sharn said that Irwin would fly ahead and you can begin hiking back to Fort Garnik.  Once I get the "ok" from everyone, I will advance the story or hear your other actions.
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    What is it.... some kind of local trouble? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue60/112What is it.... some kind of local trouble? - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    What is it.... some kind of local trouble? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0What is it.... some kind of local trouble? - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:38 am

"We must combine speed with safety here. I humbly suggest we pose as the mechnical team, and move swiftly to the craft. There, we quickly negoitate or clear the threat by force, if needed. An overly complicated plan may be a disadvantage in such a dynamic enivornment."
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    What is it.... some kind of local trouble? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue68/68What is it.... some kind of local trouble? - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:15 am

MAS wrote:"We must combine speed with safety here. I humbly suggest we pose as the mechnical team, and move swiftly to the craft. There, we quickly negoitate or clear the threat by force, if needed. An overly complicated plan may be a disadvantage in such a dynamic enivornment."
    "Fair enough. Someone will have to be positioned to protect thana from being taken hostage." He sizes sharn uo and then looks at daxx's fancy flashlight. "Close combat will favor us anyway. Fight to finish it quickly. Now who will play bodyguard for the assistant?"
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    What is it.... some kind of local trouble? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue19/19What is it.... some kind of local trouble? - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    What is it.... some kind of local trouble? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1/0What is it.... some kind of local trouble? - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:23 am

"I'll hang towards the back... if you lot can act like a tech crew, I'll see if I can maybe cause a diversion to distract them.  Yes, no?"

I made a math error earlier... Daxx currently has 9 out of 13 Wound points. Still wounded but otherwise ok
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:31 am

I'm sure you will do this at some point but.. any chance Daxx knows the area well enough to draw a crude map so that we can plan better than this?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    What is it.... some kind of local trouble? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue35/35What is it.... some kind of local trouble? - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:53 am

whit10 wrote:I'm sure you will do this at some point but.. any chance Daxx knows the area well enough to draw a crude map so that we can plan better than this?
    I can do a map of the hangar once you get there, if you end up fighting. But I am not going to do a map of the whole space port or Fort Garnik.

The space port is basically a wheel hub with spokes and each spoke has 5 docking bays, in the center of Fort Garnik. The docking bays are all the same - large circular structures with an open roof. The walls are about as tall as a 2 story building. There is 1 main entrance to each and a couple "man doors". The main entrance has a blast door and is large enough to fit loaders, dewbacks, rontos, speeder craft, etc. Basically picture the docking bay from Tattooine that Han had the Falcon parked in at the start of ANH.

Much like an airport today, the space port area itself was fenced off from the rest of Fort Garnik with checkpoints\gates at multiple points of entry. Remember this was once a military fort, but now has expanded into a small city sprawled around the space port at the core. The gates\checkpoints were typically un-manned or only loosely guarded, at least before the recent insurgency. Traffic flowed freely in and out of the space port. The C2 tower and barracks are on the far side of hub of docking bays, which kept them out of any flight paths but allowed them to oversee the air traffic.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:07 am

ok
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    What is it.... some kind of local trouble? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue68/68What is it.... some kind of local trouble? - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:34 am

whit10 wrote:"I'll hang towards the back... if you lot can act like a tech crew, I'll see if I can maybe cause a diversion to distract them.  Yes, no?"

I made a math error earlier... Daxx currently has 9 out of 13 Wound points.  Still wounded but otherwise ok

we should stay together. Our best bet is to trick most of them off of the ship, and then seal the doors so we can subdue the rest.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:42 am

"ok, you're the tactician. Just what is the plan then?"
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:10 pm

whit10 wrote:"ok, you're the tactician.  Just what is the plan then?"
    What is it.... some kind of local trouble? - Page 2 Tree_y10

"On top of the ship, you should lure them.  Throw them off, Sharn will! eh, hehehe"
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:15 pm

... lure them up on top of the ship... I can't wait for someone to explain how to pull that off. lol

can I borrow that sniper rifle for a sec... there's this annoying muppet looking thing in the trees that's spouting advice. Wink
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:35 pm

whit10 wrote:... lure them up on top of the ship... I can't wait for someone to explain how to pull that off. lol

can I borrow that sniper rifle for a sec... there's this annoying muppet looking thing in the trees that's spouting advice.  Wink
    Tell u what, i will shoot at you with it so u can redirect the blast!cheers 
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:43 pm

lol... nah, you'd probably end getting a critical. Smile
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:15 pm

"How bout this, guys: daxx has his assett meet us at the dock with a pallett full of cheap junkyard parts. We walk up with it.pick up crates and board the ship.

Sharn is first cause they areny likely to mess with a wookie. Sharn positions himself close to thana.

T'son enters, spouting theories that our window to take off is rapidly closing, and we need to get to work fast. He will ask thana to have the nikto load the rest of the parts so we can begin work immediately.

Then daxx and his assett enter arguing that the one part they couldnt find, which is crucial to life support is available but that jerk over there (pointing to a ship or a kiosk or something),wont come off it for less than 1500 and all we have is 700.

Im last, my crate has the rotary in it.

Hopefully the gang chief takes the bait and takes our 700 and goes with some of his men to get the "part."

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:27 pm

a well thought out plan, Master Rodian.

let's give everyone a chance to chime in, before I advance the story. I don't want to leave anyone behind or move on too quickly, as we saw last time it caused confusion.

remember - you are all still sitting in the woods resting right now.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:54 pm

navyik wrote:"How bout this, guys:  daxx has his assett meet us at the dock with a pallett full of cheap junkyard parts.  We walk up with it.pick up  crates and board the ship.  

Sharn is first cause they areny likely to mess with a wookie.  Sharn positions himself close to thana.

T'son enters, spouting theories that our window to take off is rapidly closing, and we need to get to work fast.  He will ask thana to have the nikto load the rest of the parts so we can begin work immediately.  

Then daxx and his assett enter arguing that the one part they couldnt find, which is  crucial to life support is available but that jerk over there (pointing to a ship or a kiosk or something),wont come off it for less than 1500 and all we have is 700.

Im last, my crate has the rotary in it.

Hopefully the gang chief takes the bait and takes our 700 and goes with some of his men to get the "part."

works for me.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:16 pm

I would like to follow up on Rob's suggestion from earlier:

I think these strategy discussions would be best if done "in character" as much as possible. Since you are sitting in the woods, resting and your characters have time to talk to each other, especially since you are a group of relative strangers to each other.
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    What is it.... some kind of local trouble? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue60/112What is it.... some kind of local trouble? - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:21 pm

"Seems a solid plan. I will attempt tp negotiate our swift transistion and departure. if that fails, we can foce the issue."
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:43 pm

Sharn agrees to the nosepicker's plan. It seems sound. He will be the first to enter, along with Irwin, holding tools and posing as mechanics. Sharn vows to protect Thana. If any gangsters accost them, he will relieve them of their arms and club them to death with them.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:23 pm

"Ok, so we have our plan. Should we ask thana how manny additional passengers we have? Maybe we need a stabilizer that has a weight limmit and the kitbash option is pushing the limmits and we need to know what to buy..."
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:21 pm

"An excellent idea! Under the guise of technical specifications, perhaps Thana will be clever enough to impart upon us some  additional information."
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:52 pm

What is it.... some kind of local trouble? - Page 2 Twilek11

Thana thinks for a moment, "An..... unbalanced payload of cargo can indeed warp the.... uh.... manifold for the.... hyperdrive.... I would estimate about 400 kilos, to be safe"

MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:44 pm

"Well......400 kilos.....2 people? Do you all concur, or am I missing something here?"
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:37 pm

MAS wrote:"Well......400 kilos.....2 people? Do you all concur, or am I missing something here?"
    Four people. Maybe 5.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:17 am

navyik wrote:
    Four people.  Maybe 5.
    cheers  Rakhu's parents were also math & science teachers

I think everyone agreed on the plan.

No one has asked Tank about his role in getting the parts

You are still hanging out in the woods Sleep 

Sharn at rest

What is it.... some kind of local trouble? - Page 2 Campin10
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:39 am

I thought Tank and Daxx were supposed to enter arguing about life support or something?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:04 am

whit10 wrote:I thought Tank and Daxx were supposed to enter arguing about life support or something?
    partially correct

navyik wrote:"How bout this, guys: daxx has his assett meet us at the dock with a pallett full of cheap junkyard parts. We walk up with it.pick up crates and board the ship.

Then daxx and his assett enter arguing that the one part they couldnt find, which is crucial to life support is available but that jerk over there (pointing to a ship or a kiosk or something),wont come off it for less than 1500 and all we have is 700.

But nobody has told Tank about the plan, asked him if he will participate or anything like that. It has just been discussed by the 4 of you sitting in the woods.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:05 pm

bounce 
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:15 pm

Clue him in, see what he thinks... sorry but I don't really have time to role-play this part today.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:42 pm

whit10 wrote:Clue him in, see what he thinks... sorry but I don't really have time to role-play this part today.
    Ok, no rush.  You guys have been sitting in the woods for 6 days already.

Tank replies that he will try to get some junk parts.

Since I got feedback from everyone last night, I am going to advance the story here.....

The 4 companions set out on foot back to Fort Garnik, it is nearly mid-day and getting hot.  Irwin flies above to provide scouting.  You estimate you are maybe 25% of the way back and have walked for a couple hours when Irwin squaks and flies down to Sharn.  

What is it.... some kind of local trouble? - Page 2 Irwin10

"<squak> Crickey, boss!  There is a junker speeder (think Luke's from Tattooine) coming up fast behind you.  It is smoking badly.  I can see 1 female in the vehicle and she doesn't look happy. <squak>"
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:49 pm

we've been sitting in the woods for six days???
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:07 pm

whit10 wrote:we've been sitting in the woods for six days???
    What is it.... some kind of local trouble?

Post Chris on Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:05 pm

Current thread started last Friday, fight ended last Thur - 6 days of real time
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:23 pm

Well, we must be fully healed then
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:24 pm

whit10 wrote:Well, we must be fully healed then
    har har, nice try
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:25 pm

"T'son: ready for a peaceful intercept. The rest of us will set for ambush," rakhu
    Barks quietly, backing carefully into the trees.

Stealth 17+10=27

Set to stun and Ready action to fire heavy blaster. (T'son still has firelance which has a hell of a stun setting.)
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:26 pm

uh... if we've been resting for six days (and you're not just having me on) then we damned well better be fully healed
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:37 pm

whit10 wrote:uh... if we've been resting for six days (and you're not just having me on) then we damned well better be fully healed
    What is it.... some kind of local trouble? - Page 2 Yoda10

drunken put the pipe down and back away from the twinkies, slowly..... 6 days of REAL TIME

real time does not equal game time
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:37 pm

ignore that post... I was confused.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:38 pm

I wouldn't eat a twinkie if you put a gun to my head
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:05 pm

Chris wrote:
    whit10 wrote:uh... if we've been resting for six days (and you're not just having me on) then we damned well better be fully healed
    What is it.... some kind of local trouble? - Page 2 Yoda10

drunken put the pipe down and back away from the twinkies, slowly..... 6 days of REAL TIME

real time does not equal game time
    That was good shit, man...afro 
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:40 pm

6 days real time, 1 hour game time... We're all good with vitality Smile

Sharn hides, waiting for the smoking speeder chick.
    Stealth Check:
    2+18= 20
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:48 pm

T'son will position himself near cover so he can dive into it if this goes south. He stands with the carbine lowered, and visually obscured by vegetation if possible. With his free hand, he waves at the speeder....

Stealth roll for concealing the carbine -

Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +7" :

15 + 7 = 22

Last edited by MAS on Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:00 pm

Daxx will dive for cover as well.

Stealth:

Roll(1d20)+3:
    7,+3
    Total:10

stupid dice. :/
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:53 pm

Everyone jumps into cover quickly and hides.

Within moments you can all see this old jalopi come around a bend.  It is smoking badly and making worrisome mechanical noises.

What is it.... some kind of local trouble? - Page 2 Sereni10

The woman driving it looks equally rough

What is it.... some kind of local trouble? - Page 2 Calami10

She is holding an old slug-thrower rifle upright on the seat next to her.  The speeder grinds to a halt when she sees T'son.  She looks about quickly, but doesn't seem to notice anyone else, even Daxx.

"Whut the fuk's this?" she slurs.  "I ain't gots time for nonsense... "
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:23 am

Well shit fire an tarnation! Its calamity jane!cheers 
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:25 am

navyik wrote:Well shit fire an tarnation!  Its calamity jane!cheers 
    one of the best Deadwood characters ever!

(and I do love me some cameo's)
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:27 am

Chris wrote:
    navyik wrote:Well shit fire an tarnation!  Its calamity jane!cheers 
    one of the best Deadwood characters ever!

(and I do love me some cameo's)
    Where's Al Swearingen (sp?)?scratch 
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:21 pm

I take it she is speaking Galactic Common?

-Party memebers: I am goignt o assume our only goal here is to not cause/start trouble. We are close enough that we dont need a ride, right? We are walking back to our speeder, correct? 

"...'Lo there. No non-sense here M'am. Im on my way to meet some friends, 'cuz wer'all looking to get a ride of planet before things get any more hinky.  You hear any word about whats going on in town or the spaceport?" 

Diplomacy - 

Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +10" :

8 + 10 = 18
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:30 pm

Rakhu holsters his blaster.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content