Smoke and Thunder Gaming

Login or Register
Smoke and Thunder Gaming

Gaming Room

Dice - http://dicelog.com

D20 SRD - http://www.d20srd.org/index.htm

Pathfinder SRD - http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/

Modern SRD - http://www.d20moderndb.com/game-rules/d20-modern-srd

Pando - http://www.pando.com/

Dropbox - http://www.dropbox.com/

Open Office - http://www.openoffice.org/


    Planning Phase

    Share
    avatar
    Arcturus

    Posts : 130
    Join date : 2014-01-26
    Age : 35
    Location : Rockford, Illinois

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Planning Phase

    Post  Arcturus on Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:58 pm

    Just wondering- would Dr. Peabody be able to speak with Grizzle in any way? Obviously they both have high enough intelligence..
    avatar
    Chirs2

    Posts : 663
    Join date : 2012-03-25

    Re: Planning Phase

    Post  Chirs2 on Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:11 pm

    whit10 wrote:"I was misunderstood.  I will cast a spell that will transport the sorceress next to our other caster's... a battery of arcane power if you will.  Then those of us trained in the arts of war can... 'do our thing' as I heard it once said."  

    I think you are making several mis-guided suggestions here, think about the situation and what we already know....

    the demons teleport, moving the Seed on the ground doesn't help, they will jsut teleport to it.  the Seed needs to be airborne

    the demons will go directly for the Seed, they already have, teleporting to the sorceress in the last fight, they will go after the Seed carrier, so it needs to be held by our most defensive and flying person

    our mages will NOT be standing still, why would you assume we would clump up and sit still so they can bomb us?  we are not good at defense and are not a good choice for protecting the Seed\sorceress

    the mages both FLY - so again, teleporting the girl on the ground (by the way, Mr. offense just missed a turn of doing any damage by your plan too) doesn't help, the mages are airborne and not standing still
    avatar
    Chirs2

    Posts : 663
    Join date : 2012-03-25

    Re: Planning Phase

    Post  Chirs2 on Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:16 pm



    Dr. Peabody makes a subtle display of body-language towards the seraph.  Rasso snaps his fingers and small spark of electricity pops the monkey's ass, which gets him quit. Rasso hisses under his breath, "Dr - manners!"

    whit10 wrote:
    anyway, "if I'm reading the, uh, bear's motions right, I think he wants us to group up... a wise idea tactically."

    Dr. Peabody jumps up and down on Rasso's shoulder, hooting loudly.

    navyik wrote:Grizzle is unaccustomed to communicating complicated abstractions.  He groans in frustration, and points at the pregens with compassionate eyes.  He points at the gaps between the pregens, then at the spots to which the daemons teleport.  Then he shoves a  few of the people in the room into a tight cluster and shrugs with his head cocked in a question.

    Rasso says, "I think you are misunderstanding our hairy friend.  He is suggesting that he intercept the demons at the point of the Seed and showing that the DEMONS are clumped near their portal, providing us a good target.  We need to keep ourselves spread out to avoid splash effects, but we should try to force them into choke points when possible."
    avatar
    Arcturus

    Posts : 130
    Join date : 2014-01-26
    Age : 35
    Location : Rockford, Illinois

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Planning Phase

    Post  Arcturus on Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:27 pm

    Garth is standing with his arms crossed. He looks to Grizzle and nods once, a serious expression on his face. He turns to regard Rasso and Peabody and says "thank you for providing that translation.

    Returning his gaze to Grizzle, Garth raises his voice slightly so it will carry to the entire party. "Good observation,  Grizzle. I will flank the enemy with you and together we should have sufficient force to drive them where we wish." Nodding again, "I doubt even the spawn of hell will stand against your fearsome presence for long."

    Garth turns to face the rest of the champions. "From what I've observed,  the latest arrival is the greatest threat, possibly the leader of these bastard sons of hell. However, the one attacking the human girl poses the biggest immediate threat to the Seed. Which shall we strike first?" I shall follow the wisdom of our fellowship in this."

    Garth pauses, considering his next words carefully.

    "Perhaps.." he looks slowly from face to face. "Perhaps we should decide upon a leader of the champions."
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3700
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Planning Phase

    Post  whit10 on Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:40 pm

    then someone get the seed and stay airborne. I'm not grabbing some bint and flying around with her... that's just insane.

    Doesn't anyone have Teleport?
    avatar
    Chirs2

    Posts : 663
    Join date : 2012-03-25

    Re: Planning Phase

    Post  Chirs2 on Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:56 pm



    Dr. Peabody seems lost in deep thought......  then he smacks Rasso on the back of his head, causing his bowler hat to fall off.  Dr. Peabody hoots and pantomimes a complex series of gestures.

    Rasso gets his bowler adjusted while glaring at the monkey.  Slowly a light dawns across Rasso's stern face as he comprehends the new suggestion.

    "Perhaps I dismissed the Seraph's suggestion too soon. Peabody recalled the capabilities of your "King's Castle".  If the Seraph rode on our flying carpet with us, up to a safer height (on Rasso's turn, after Rasso cast Mythic Haste), then he could "Castle" with the sorceress who arrive on with us, safely airborne and the Seraph would be in his desired "forward" position engaging the enemy by surprise."

    Rasso curtly nods his head to the Seraph in apology.

    "It sounds like the Bear and the Warrior are set as well."

    To the Efreeti, "Can you shape any of your fire effects to 'wall off' the portal or summon anything to block their ingress?"
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3700
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Planning Phase

    Post  whit10 on Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:06 pm

    "an excellent idea." Tyrael smiles. "A very suitable compromise and one that allows all to fight at their best."

    "I suggest we do not linger on this battlefield for too long, the city will need that item soon."
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2787
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Planning Phase

    Post  Robyo on Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:39 pm



    In response to the human sorcerer's question, Ignis looks down at the scrying pool and points with his clawed finger. A thin line of smoke emits from his finger as he draws a circle around the monsters and their portal. Then he makes another line through the circle.The smoke lines linger for a moment then dissipate slowly.

    "Yesss, friend Rasssso. I can cassst wallsss of fire around the fiendsss and their gate. If you think flight isss too risssky for the ssseed-bearer, then I could dimensssion-door her to the Plane of Fire where I can keep her sssafe."
    avatar
    Arcturus

    Posts : 130
    Join date : 2014-01-26
    Age : 35
    Location : Rockford, Illinois

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Planning Phase

    Post  Arcturus on Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:40 pm

    "Finally " Garth sighs. "A plan that may play to the strengths of all."

    The tall warrior slowly draws his great sword from a scabbard slung across his back, beneath his cloak. A soft glow dances along the cold iron blade, possibly reflected from the efreeti. The flames give the five foot weapon a wicked appearance.

    Garth quietly whispers a power word and a cold frost quickly envelops his sword from the hilt to its very tip. All the non-magical sconces on the walls wink out simultaneously in a cold spectral draft. The room is cast into deeper layers of shadow.

    Gartholomew grins. When he speaks, his breath is visible in the chilled air around him.

    "My friends" His voice is calm and quiet. "I believe it is time to challenge fate."
    avatar
    Arcturus

    Posts : 130
    Join date : 2014-01-26
    Age : 35
    Location : Rockford, Illinois

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Planning Phase

    Post  Arcturus on Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:50 pm

    Robyo wrote:

    In response to the human sorcerer's question, Ignis looks down at the scrying pool and points with his clawed finger. A thin line of smoke emits from his finger as he draws a circle around the monsters and their portal. Then he makes another line through the circle.The smoke lines linger for a moment then dissipate slowly.

    "Yesss, friend Rasssso. I can cassst wallsss of fire around the fiendsss and their gate. If you think flight isss too risssky for the ssseed-bearer, then I could dimensssion-door her to the Plane of Fire where I can keep her sssafe."

    "Good. We must cut off their ingress and egress. But these creatures cast fire... Will they be deterred by your flames? If you remove the girl to your fire plane, will you be able to remain with us on Xiq?"

    Somewhat hesitantly, Garth queries "And will she be safe there without your protection, noble Ignis?"
    avatar
    Chirs2

    Posts : 663
    Join date : 2012-03-25

    Re: Planning Phase

    Post  Chirs2 on Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:52 pm

    Arcturus wrote:"Finally " Garth sighs. "A plan that may play to the strengths of all."

    The tall warrior slowly draws his great sword from a scabbard slung across his back, beneath his cloak. A soft glow dances along the cold iron blade, possibly reflected from the efreeti. The flames give the five foot weapon a wicked appearance.

    Garth quietly whispers a power word and a cold frost quickly envelops his sword from the hilt to its very tip. All the non-magical sconces on the walls wink out simultaneously in a cold spectral draft. The room is cast into deeper layers of shadow.

    Gartholomew grins. When he speaks, his breath is visible in the chilled air around him.

    "My friends" His voice is calm and quiet. "I believe it is time to challenge fate."

     cheers well written!
    avatar
    Chirs2

    Posts : 663
    Join date : 2012-03-25

    Re: Planning Phase

    Post  Chirs2 on Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:02 pm

    Rasso asks (whoever is in charge of the Astral Fortress and the scrying), "Can I see the location where the Seed needs to go? Or at least a map or even a good description will suffice. My concern is that if we have to carry the Seed, while on Xiq, we need to have a solid idea of where we are going."

    Rasso draws forth 2 Rods, which make him look more like a cricket player or golfer than a wizard, given his 19th century clothes.

    The monkey whispers something, Rasso nods, "On second thought.... maybe the seraph should move first when we go through the portal, then I can Haste everyone and move the Sorceress to safety. Ok?"
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2381
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Planning Phase

    Post  MAS on Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:08 pm

    EXCELLENT. Great analysis and plans, and STELLAR role playing!
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3700
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Planning Phase

    Post  whit10 on Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:29 pm

    "agreed"
    avatar
    Arcturus

    Posts : 130
    Join date : 2014-01-26
    Age : 35
    Location : Rockford, Illinois

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Planning Phase

    Post  Arcturus on Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:44 pm

    Chirs2 wrote:Rasso asks (whoever is in charge of the Astral Fortress and the scrying), "Can I see the location where the Seed needs to go?  Or at least a map or even a good description will suffice.  My concern is that if we have to carry the Seed, while on Xiq, we need to have a solid idea of where we're going."

    "True, dear Rasso. We need to know where we're headed. Yet another reason to take pains to preserve the lives of our unwitting allies; they know where we're going, and who we're looking to see."

    Garth clears his throat. "Perhaps if the situation allows, our magic users could expend some effort to heal and revive this poor party we're rescuing. They may yet be of some use in this fight."
    avatar
    Chirs2

    Posts : 663
    Join date : 2012-03-25

    Re: Planning Phase

    Post  Chirs2 on Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:14 pm

    Arcturus wrote:

    Garth clears his throat. "Perhaps if the situation allows, our magic users could expend some effort to heal and revive this poor party we're rescuing. They may yet be of some use in this fight."



    Dr. Peabody pantomimes to Garth "Do I look like a fucking cleric?"
    avatar
    Chirs2

    Posts : 663
    Join date : 2012-03-25

    Re: Planning Phase

    Post  Chirs2 on Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:20 pm



     study GM - how much time is passing while we talk?


    Rasso wants cast more buffs, if he can, if it has been a full round since he cast Grt Heroism.

    Rasso can be ready to portal drop anytime, once he gets the destination of the Seed info from our hosts
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2697
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Planning Phase

    Post  navyik on Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:24 pm

    Grizzle Nods in approval to the plan to extract the seed bearer to the flying carpet, AND to the plan of healing the rescuees and getting the seed to their city.
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2381
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Planning Phase

    Post  MAS on Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:24 pm

    Chirs2 wrote:

     study GM - how much time is passing while we talk?


    Rasso wants cast more buffs, if he can, if it has been a full round since he cast Grt Heroism.  

    Rasso can be ready to portal drop anytime, once he gets the destination of the Seed info from our hosts


    Gameplay untill I can start to GM the fight equals 24 hours of game time. I recommend that you just make lists of the spells that are active, and notate what remaining spell casting capability you still have left. This allows you all to preplan the entire buff configuration prior to portal drop.


    Last edited by MAS on Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    Arcturus

    Posts : 130
    Join date : 2014-01-26
    Age : 35
    Location : Rockford, Illinois

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Planning Phase

    Post  Arcturus on Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:33 pm

    Chirs2 wrote:
    Arcturus wrote:

    Garth clears his throat. "Perhaps if the situation allows, our magic users could expend some effort to heal and revive this poor party we're rescuing. They may yet be of some use in this fight."



    Dr. Peabody pantomimes to Garth "Do I look like a fucking cleric?"



    Garth doesn't understand the exact meaning, but he gets the gist of the message. He isn't amused.

    He shoots the monkey a scathing look.

    Fortunately, the little chimp is just sooooo cuddly-wuddly that Garth just can't stay mad at him... lol! 
    avatar
    Chirs2

    Posts : 663
    Join date : 2012-03-25

    Re: Planning Phase

    Post  Chirs2 on Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:01 am

    MAS wrote:
    Chirs2 wrote:

     Rasso can be ready to portal drop anytime, once he gets the destination of the Seed info from our hosts

    Gameplay untill I can start to GM the fight equals 24 hours of game time. I recommend that you just make lists of the spells that are active, and notate what remaining spell casting capability you still have left. This allows you all to preplan the entire buff configuration prior to portal drop.

     scratch huh? aren't we watching the pregens get their butts kicked at this very moment?
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2787
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Planning Phase

    Post  Robyo on Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:04 am

    Ignis snorts and black smoke billows from all his orifices. He is getting hot-under-the amulet now, realizing that his genie-intellect is under-appreciated by the mortal hominids.



    "You missssunderstand, Sssir Garth. I will protect the ssseed-bearer on my home plane. What good is it to transssport her, only to be consssumed by the eternal flamesss? But if you wisssh to remain in the mortal plane, then flight isss a good option. Asss for ssspell buffsss, I can cassst enlarge perssson, massss, ssso that all of of usss championsss become huge-sssized, like titansss of old. Then we can crosss the gate."
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2381
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Planning Phase

    Post  MAS on Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:23 am

    MAS wrote:

    The portals can be adjusted in time as well as space, but aren't exactly accurate enough to get the party in place prior to Daemonic attack upon the Heroes in Xiq (the pregens you were playing). Youve had the luxury of watching the first few moments of the fight play out via magical scrying, and had a solid day to study your opponents and plan your attack.


    Scrying into the future has provided the opportunity to observe events that have yet to take place. The portal navigation is inaccurate in both space and TIME...and as a result, it times out that the portal will not arrive and open until mid-fight.

    Because "fantasy", thats why. Wink
    avatar
    Arcturus

    Posts : 130
    Join date : 2014-01-26
    Age : 35
    Location : Rockford, Illinois

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Planning Phase

    Post  Arcturus on Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:44 am

    Robyo wrote:Ignis snorts and black smoke billows from all his orifices. He is getting hot-under-the amulet now, realizing that his genie-intellect is under-appreciated by the mortal hominids.



    "You missssunderstand, Sssir Garth. I will protect the ssseed-bearer on my home plane. What good is it to transssport her, only to be consssumed by the eternal flamesss? But if you wisssh to remain in the mortal plane, then flight isss a good option. Asss for ssspell buffsss, I can cassst enlarge perssson, massss, ssso that all of of usss championsss become huge-sssized, like titansss of old. Then we can crosss the gate."

    At this, Garth turns to the Efreeti, and bows deeply.

    "Please accept my humble apologies, noble Ignis. I am largely ignorant of your powers and ways. Forgive me, for I meant no insult, sir."
    avatar
    Chirs2

    Posts : 663
    Join date : 2012-03-25

    Re: Planning Phase

    Post  Chirs2 on Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:29 am

    MAS wrote:
    MAS wrote:

    The portals can be adjusted in time as well as space, but aren't exactly accurate enough to get the party in place prior to Daemonic attack upon the Heroes in Xiq (the pregens you were playing). Youve had the luxury of watching the first few moments of the fight play out via magical scrying, and had a solid day to study your opponents and plan your attack.


    Scrying into the future has provided the opportunity to observe events that have yet to take place. The portal navigation is inaccurate in both space and TIME...and as a result, it times out that the portal will not arrive and open until mid-fight.

    Because "fantasy", thats why. Wink

    perfectly good explanation, I missed the time aspect, but since we have 24hrs, we can just rest 8hrs and get all spells back.

    now about that scrying of the destination location of the Seed in Xiq......
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2787
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Planning Phase

    Post  Robyo on Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:49 am

    Ignis is surprised by the human fighter's honor and humility and bows low in return.

    "Rarely have I encountered hominidsss worthy of ressspect, but you Sssir Garth ssseem to be a man of your word, asss well asss of action," the fire-genie resonds. "Think nothing of the ssslight, for we are only jusst getting acquainted. And besssides, I have become usssed to the peculiaritiesss of your ssspecies," nodding towards Rasso and simian.

    The efreet notices Garth's blade and his raises an eyebrow. "A fine blade, Sssir Garth. If and when we defeat thessse troublesssome fiendsss, I would invite you back to my fortress in the Duchy of Sssunnyvale. I am a sssmith of armor and weaponsss and would be pleasssed to craft you a sssword of magical flamesss."
    avatar
    Arcturus

    Posts : 130
    Join date : 2014-01-26
    Age : 35
    Location : Rockford, Illinois

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Planning Phase

    Post  Arcturus on Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:08 pm

    Robyo wrote:Ignis is surprised by the human fighter's honor and humility and bows low in return.

    "Rarely have I encountered hominidsss worthy of ressspect, but you Sssir Garth ssseem to be a man of your word, asss well asss of action," the fire-genie resonds. "Think nothing of the ssslight, for we are only jusst getting acquainted. And besssides, I have become usssed to the peculiaritiesss of your ssspecies," nodding towards Rasso and simian.

    The efreet notices Garth's blade and his raises an eyebrow. "A fine blade, Sssir Garth. If and when we defeat thessse troublesssome fiendsss, I would invite you back to my fortress in the Duchy of Sssunnyvale. I am a sssmith of armor and weaponsss and would be pleasssed to craft you a sssword of magical flamesss."

    Gartholomew rises and straightens. He cocks his head, and after a moment of thought,
    "You are right, noble Ignis. We are indeed a strange species. Capable of great love and beauty, but also great evil and stupidity."

    Garth looks at his still drawn blade. With a whisper the frost begins to dissipate. "And also, it seems, of great rashness and haste. We must rest, when I would have jumped headlong into combat."

    He smiles as he re-sheaths his frost brand. "Thank you for your patience with us, my friend. It is a fine blade; a relic from my ancestors."

    Smiling ruefully, "I managed to free it from the ruins of my shattered home world as I was making my exit. My sword and I are lonely survivors of a once-strong world who may have seeded great races elsewhere"
    Looking back to Ingis, "It would give me great honor to carry a blade of magical fire, made by your own craft. Again, thank you."
    Garth turns slightly to regard the scrying pool. "But now" he continues "We must prepare ourselves for the coming trial. I should rest."

    With a bow to Ignis first, and then all others who are present, Garth says "I bid you goodnight, my worthy friends. May we meet rested and ready for a fight."
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2787
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Planning Phase

    Post  Robyo on Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:46 pm

    Ignis retires to his chambers and falls asleep. He dreams of adventures long past and quests to come...





    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2697
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Planning Phase

    Post  navyik on Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:40 pm

    Grizzle dreams of dire salmon... Mmmmm...
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2381
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Planning Phase

    Post  MAS on Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:59 am

    Chirs2 wrote:
    MAS wrote:
    MAS wrote:

    The portals can be adjusted in time as well as space, but aren't exactly accurate enough to get the party in place prior to Daemonic attack upon the Heroes in Xiq (the pregens you were playing). Youve had the luxury of watching the first few moments of the fight play out via magical scrying, and had a solid day to study your opponents and plan your attack.


    Scrying into the future has provided the opportunity to observe events that have yet to take place. The portal navigation is inaccurate in both space and TIME...and as a result, it times out that the portal will not arrive and open until mid-fight.

    Because "fantasy", thats why. Wink

    perfectly good explanation, I missed the time aspect, but since we have 24hrs, we can just rest 8hrs and get all spells back.

    now about that scrying of the destination location of the Seed in Xiq......

    Ah yes. You want intel on the besieged city, correct?

    Does the party have any specific questions?
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2697
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Planning Phase

    Post  navyik on Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:03 am

    Grizzle points at the daemons, then looks at the seige army; do any of them them look the same? He shrugs with question marks for eyes. scratch 
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2381
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Planning Phase

    Post  MAS on Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:11 am

    Nakore's Army, that sits poised to overrun the Xiq'quan capital, is a mixed horde of goblinoids and ogres. There is some magical/clerical support present in limited numbers and capacity, with the most powerful capability stemming from the wizard Nokore himself.

    It would be safe to assume that these Daemonic forces are unrelated to Nokore's invasion, and are here explicitly to secure the God Seed.
    avatar
    Arcturus

    Posts : 130
    Join date : 2014-01-26
    Age : 35
    Location : Rockford, Illinois

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Planning Phase

    Post  Arcturus on Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:20 am

    I'd like topographical intel and the like.

    Surrounding terrain? Outlying settlements? Where is the city? Mountains, coast, rivers, etc..

    How many inhabitants? City defenses? What kind of forces do they possess?

    Are they surrounded on all sides or poised to be pushed into the ocean? How badly are they outnumbered?

    Aerial views?
    avatar
    Chirs2

    Posts : 663
    Join date : 2012-03-25

    Re: Planning Phase

    Post  Chirs2 on Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:21 am

    MAS wrote:

    Ah yes. You want intel on the besieged city, correct?

    Does the party have any specific questions?

    Location, location, location.....

    where is the besieged city?
    where does the Seed need to go?
    who\where is our contact to receive the Seed?

    Arcturus wrote:I'd like topographical intel and the like.
    Surrounding terrain? Outlying settlements? Where is the city? Mountains, coast, rivers, etc..
    How many inhabitants? City defenses? What kind of forces do they possess?
    Are they surrounded on all sides or poised to be pushed into the ocean? How badly are they outnumbered?
    Aerial views?

    +1

    MAS wrote:Nakore's Army, that sits poised to overrun the Xiq'quan capital, is a mixed horde of goblinoids and ogres. There is some magical/clerical support present in limited numbers and capacity, with the most powerful capability stemming from the wizard Nokore himself.

    It would be safe to assume that these Daemonic forces are unrelated to Nokore's invasion, and are here explicitly to secure the God Seed.

    Rasso doesn't buy that.....  why would the Xiq'quan need a God Seed for an army of goblins...... who coincidentally get help from Daemons at the 11th hour......
    avatar
    Arcturus

    Posts : 130
    Join date : 2014-01-26
    Age : 35
    Location : Rockford, Illinois

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Planning Phase

    Post  Arcturus on Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:36 pm

    MAS wrote:Nakore's Army, that sits poised to overrun the Xiq'quan capital, is a mixed horde of goblinoids and ogres. There is some magical/clerical support present in limited numbers and capacity, with the most powerful capability stemming from the wizard Nokore himself.

    It would be safe to assume that these Daemonic forces are unrelated to Nokore's invasion, and are here explicitly to secure the God Seed.

    Rasso doesn't buy that.....  why would the Xiq'quan need a God Seed for an army of goblins...... who coincidentally get help from Daemons at the 11th hour. [/quote]

    Gartholomew thinks it's possible that multiple parties could be interested in possessing the Seed.

    But it's somewhat of a moot point whether or not these Daemons are attacking the pregens for Nokore or their own nefarious purposes..

    I don't think this is a situation where "the enemy of my enemy is my friend".

    WE must control the Seed. I don't even think we should turn it over to the Xiq'quan people, at least not before we study it and discuss it very carefully. From what we've learned, it's just far too powerful to be left floating around.
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2697
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Planning Phase

    Post  navyik on Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:38 pm

    Can we lift the seige for them without using it?
    avatar
    Chirs2

    Posts : 663
    Join date : 2012-03-25

    Re: Planning Phase

    Post  Chirs2 on Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:43 pm

    Arcturus wrote:
    I don't think this is a situation where "the enemy of my enemy is my friend".

    WE must control the Seed. I don't even think we should turn it over to the Xiq'quan people, at least not before we study it and discuss it very carefully. From what we've learned, it's just far too powerful to be left floating around.

    I agree that neither group is our friend.

    We need more GM info about the Seeds.  Just because it is powerful doesn't make it ours.  We may have no more right or claim to it than the demons.  If the Seeds were created by the Fey to protect the 1000 worlds.... then the Seeds may actually belong to the world for which they were created.  We might be thieves here as well, regardless of our "noble cause".

    Rasso thinks the Seed, which the local heroes (pregens) actually quested for and found, goes to them first.  Hopefully our helping with the demons will give us a chance to use it afterwards.  In Rasso's opinion, we are only intervening (think Prime Directive from Star Trek) because the Daemons intervened in the balance of the world.  Again, Rasso thinks the events are inter-related, but that is yet to be determined, as Garth said.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2787
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Planning Phase

    Post  Robyo on Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:43 pm

    Okay, I think we've established we're grabbing the seed, rescuing the pregens, and killing monsters. We have a rough plan of attack. Let's get on with it.

    Are people questioning the motives of the faction we're working for? If that's the case, we don't have to give up the seed. We can study it, keep it, or barter, whatever. But first we've got to grab the seed.
    avatar
    Arcturus

    Posts : 130
    Join date : 2014-01-26
    Age : 35
    Location : Rockford, Illinois

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Planning Phase

    Post  Arcturus on Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:47 pm

    navyik wrote:Can we lift the seige for them without using it?

    Maybe, maybe not. But I think leaving the Seed with them when we depart is probably unwise. Even if nobody like Nokore, the demons, or worse comes ro take it from them, the Xiq'quans could always wind up misusing it themselves.

    Power corrupts. Am I in any moral position to tell the Xiq'quan people what is in their best interest? Of course not. But I still feel we should consider carefully, lest we return to Xiq someday to remove another despot.
    avatar
    Chirs2

    Posts : 663
    Join date : 2012-03-25

    Re: Planning Phase

    Post  Chirs2 on Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:53 pm

    Robyo wrote:Okay, I think we've established we're grabbing the seed, rescuing the pregens, and killing monsters. We have a rough plan of attack. Let's get on with it.

    Are people questioning the motives of the faction we're working for? If that's the case, we don't have to give up the seed. We can study it, keep it, or barter, whatever. But first we've got to grab the seed.

    we are still waiting for the GM to provide intel on the besieged city (and for the GM to be ready in general)

    see above - we still have no backstory on our faction or cause for intervention or why we are gathered, etc
    avatar
    Arcturus

    Posts : 130
    Join date : 2014-01-26
    Age : 35
    Location : Rockford, Illinois

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Planning Phase

    Post  Arcturus on Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:56 pm

    Chirs2 wrote:
    Robyo wrote:Okay, I think we've established we're grabbing the seed, rescuing the pregens, and killing monsters. We have a rough plan of attack. Let's get on with it.

    Are people questioning the motives of the faction we're working for? If that's the case, we don't have to give up the seed. We can study it, keep it, or barter, whatever. But first we've got to grab the seed.

    we are still waiting for the GM to provide intel on the besieged city (and for the GM to be ready in general)

    see above - we still have no backstory on our faction or cause for intervention or why we are gathered, etc

    That's EXACTLY my point. We KNOW we need to save the seed, pregens, etc. That's not a question anymore. Now that we've roughly established the 'what' and 'how', I'm just pondering the 'why' while we wait on GM.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2787
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Planning Phase

    Post  Robyo on Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:09 pm

    Well, shit. We just need to use the seed to start OUR OWN Faction. Then who would dare fuck with us? Am I right?
    avatar
    Arcturus

    Posts : 130
    Join date : 2014-01-26
    Age : 35
    Location : Rockford, Illinois

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Planning Phase

    Post  Arcturus on Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:15 pm

    Robyo wrote:Well, shit. We just need to use the seed to start OUR OWN Faction. Then who would dare fuck with us? Am I right?

    Lol what's your alignment?  Shocked 

    Maybe we should destroy the Seed.. Maybe it's not supposed to exist at all.

    Maybe one or more of us champions is pursuing his own secret agenda.... waiting until the time is right to turn on thdxrest of us and ascend to Godhood.. scratch 
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2381
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Planning Phase

    Post  MAS on Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:51 pm

    Many good questions and points.

    We will launch this tomorrow night. By then -

    The backstory will be complete.

    Your mission and its context will be clear (although by the last few posts I think several people skipped over some critical information that I have already revealed in this thread).

    ---What you need to be ready =

    A list, by character, of any spells that have been cast on the party, cast by who, and targeting who.

    An initiative roll for each party member, to include familiars, companions, cohorts, etc.

    Portal load roll -
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20" :

    13

    The portal can transport up to 13 beings pre round.

    Intended start position coordinates within the 20 ft cone forward of your portal.
    avatar
    Arcturus

    Posts : 130
    Join date : 2014-01-26
    Age : 35
    Location : Rockford, Illinois

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Planning Phase

    Post  Arcturus on Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:21 pm

    MAS wrote:1) PHENOMENAL start with the role playing!!!!

    2) Clarification regarding the mechanic of spell effects and travel through portals. The DC is not rooted in how strong a spellcaster is, but how strong a spell is. Stronger Spell = More difficult to maintain through the extradimensional feedback produced by the portal. It is notable that cosmological transdimensionist acrcaneam proto scholars are working hard to further refine portal artifactology, and changes in the nature of portal travel are likely to occur at a rapid pace.

    3) Contextual Knowledge:

    The God Seed is not unique to Xiq. It is actually a bio-artifact from the time of the Fey Liberation War. More specifically, it is one of many of the power sources that the Fey used to create Gods. The current multi-planar conflict that is engulfing the Thousand Worlds is a scramble between scores of factions to secure powerful magic in a bid to ensure their survival.

    What are they trying to survive? The Destruction of Throne caused damage to the Plenary Prime so severe that the mechanisms that were safely keeping the Titans at bay beyond the Prime are failing.

    Reading back through, this looks important. This seed is one of many artifacts that 'scores of factions' seek to control. So the daemons are probably from a different plane, unrelated to the current conflict on Xiq.

    This Nokore, if I remember, never professed any interest in the seed. He was corrupted by other unspecified knowledge. (Perhaps we ought to speak with Nokore at some point?) 

    TaenDon seeks the seed.

    So it seems probable that either a) Taen Don has no knowledge of the crumbling Plenary Prime, and simply wants a magic relic to win a conflict limited to his plane of Xiq..

    Or b) Taen Don knows he needs the magic of the seed to possibly save his world from the imminent return of the Titans.

    We should review what we know, and eschew further conjecture. At this point we're simply obfuscating the issue.
    avatar
    Arcturus

    Posts : 130
    Join date : 2014-01-26
    Age : 35
    Location : Rockford, Illinois

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Planning Phase

    Post  Arcturus on Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:27 pm

    MAS wrote:
    Chirs2 wrote:
    MAS wrote:
    3) Contextual Knowledge:

    The God Seed is not unique to Xiq. It is actually a bio-artifact from the time of the Fey Liberation War. More specifically, it is one of many of the power sources that the Fey used to create Gods. The current multi-planar conflict that is engulfing the Thousand Worlds is a scramble between scores of factions to secure powerful magic in a bid to ensure their survival.

    So are we trying to take the SEED for ourselves (through our portal) or trying to make sure the Xiq'ans get the SEED? (it stays there, going to whoever you said in the backstory)

    I am confused....


    The God Seed must be secured from Daemonic forces (or any other hostiles, for that matter). Your mission is to get it back through your portal. The party does have a choice though, don't they?

    They could secure it and immediately fall back through the portal...which is an overall strategic victory but leaves the people of Xiq up against the wall with their "local" problems.

    Staying and delivering it to the Xiq in order to break the siege would present a greater threat to control of the God Seed, as the party may come under attack again while doing so.

    The ultimate victory would be to deliver the God Seed, save Xiq, and get the artifact back through your own portal to safety. Completing a task like that....well that could be something of "mythic proportions".

    We ought to try for 'ultimate victory' as described by GM above.
    avatar
    Chirs2

    Posts : 663
    Join date : 2012-03-25

    Re: Planning Phase

    Post  Chirs2 on Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:32 pm

    MAS wrote:
    ---What you need to be ready =

    A list, by character, of any spells that have been cast on the party, cast by who, and targeting who.

    An initiative roll for each party member, to include familiars, companions, cohorts, etc.

    Intended start position coordinates within the 20 ft cone forward of your portal. [/b][/color]

    Assuming we are still following the plan, initiative doesn't really matter, since we are all going to delay to the lowest initiative roll and enter the portal on the same initiative number. We are then acting with Tyrael going first (to Castle the sorceress to my magic carpet), then Rasso to Haste buff the party, then we can go by the rolled numbers or in whatever order people want.
    avatar
    Arcturus

    Posts : 130
    Join date : 2014-01-26
    Age : 35
    Location : Rockford, Illinois

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Planning Phase

    Post  Arcturus on Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:35 pm

    MAS wrote:Many good questions and points.

    We will launch this tomorrow night. By then -

    The backstory will be complete.

    Your mission and its context will be clear (although by the last few posts I think several people skipped over some critical information that I have already revealed in this thread).

    ---What you need to be ready =

    A list, by character, of any spells that have been cast on the party, cast by who, and targeting who.

    An initiative roll for each party member, to include familiars, companions, cohorts, etc.

    Portal load roll -
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20" :

    13

    The portal can transport up to 13 beings pre round.

    Intended start position coordinates within the 20 ft cone forward of your portal.

    I think we all get to go thru simultaneously. Portal will take 13/rnd.
    avatar
    Chirs2

    Posts : 663
    Join date : 2012-03-25

    Re: Planning Phase

    Post  Chirs2 on Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:35 pm

    Arcturus wrote:
    We ought to try for 'ultimate victory' as described by GM above.

    yup, I agree, a lot get lost on the forum due to the time-lag. I think that is part of what people have forgotten in the last few days

    Chirs2 wrote:
    MAS wrote:

    The ultimate victory would be to deliver the God Seed, save Xiq, and get the artifact back through your own portal to safety. Completing a task like that....well that could be something of "mythic proportions".

    Rasso votes for option 3, without question.

    Do we have to carry the SEED overland in Xiq or can we pop back into the portal and then pop out again at the location where the SEED is actually needed?

    This is where all the questions about the besieged city came from.
    avatar
    Arcturus

    Posts : 130
    Join date : 2014-01-26
    Age : 35
    Location : Rockford, Illinois

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Planning Phase

    Post  Arcturus on Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:38 pm

    Chirs2 wrote:
    MAS wrote:
    ---What you need to be ready =

    A list, by character, of any spells that have been cast on the party, cast by who, and targeting who.

    An initiative roll for each party member, to include familiars, companions, cohorts, etc.

    Intended start position coordinates within the 20 ft cone forward of your portal. [/b][/color]



    Assuming we are still following the plan, initiative doesn't really matter, since we are all going to delay to the lowest initiative roll and enter the portal on the same initiative number.  We are then acting  with Tyrael going first (to Castle the sorceress to my magic carpet), then Rasso to Haste buff the party, then we can go by the rolled numbers or in whatever order people want.

    That's right, I'd forgotten this post. Tyrael first, then Rasso, then the rest to engage the enemy.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Planning Phase

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:18 pm