Smoke and Thunder Gaming

Login or Register
Smoke and Thunder Gaming

Gaming Room

Dice - http://dicelog.com

D20 SRD - http://www.d20srd.org/index.htm

Pathfinder SRD - http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/

Modern SRD - http://www.d20moderndb.com/game-rules/d20-modern-srd

Pando - http://www.pando.com/

Dropbox - http://www.dropbox.com/

Open Office - http://www.openoffice.org/


    Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Share
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  Robyo on Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:45 pm

    There is a tunnel, yes. Of course it is unstable. A treacherous trek, where would it lead?
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3649
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  whit10 on Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:51 pm

    yes he does, but he's not a gopher so someone else will have to do that... Neraka doesn't really like confined spaces.
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2658
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  navyik on Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:45 pm

    "Ah... W...weh...ell marshal. If i can use the boots, i may be able to gather some information about that creature."

    Oli goes up to look at it.
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3649
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  whit10 on Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:01 pm

    Neraka will look for any kind of tracks or a trail that might lead to town as well.

    Survival Check:

    Roll(1d20)+15:
    13,+15
    Total:28
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  Robyo on Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:32 pm

    The cyclops statement:
    [Only admins are allowed to see this image]
    My name is Pierce Brosack. Came to town a month ago - no you didn't, fool!" He looks embarrassed, then continues. "Uh, like I was saying - yeah, just spit it out idiot! - I came through a portal in the Feywild. I've been working selling insurance, y'know - lies! Lies! The mage, he called himself Alok Joffrey and told me he represented some big East Coast company. Sometimes I black out, don't know where I am. The mage said he could help me with my problem. He also paid me to collect debts around town - more lies? Numbskull! Fool! These mortals are sure to hang you! Then I'll be free from this idiotic prison!"
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3649
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  whit10 on Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:43 pm

    Nice use of an O' Brother pic!!

    Does the second voice sound at all like his or is it distinctly different?
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  Robyo on Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:57 pm

    Second voice sounds distinctly different.
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3649
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  whit10 on Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:48 pm

    hmm. I only have knowledge Religion here and it's a +2, lol.

    "just how many folks ya got in there?"
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2349
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  MAS on Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:53 pm

    John Henry is posted - I'm not certain that my saves are right, but he is mostly good to go.


    avatar
    Chirs2

    Posts : 663
    Join date : 2012-03-25

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  Chirs2 on Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:57 pm

    Virgil has a few questions, which I will just ask all at once, to save time, but assume Virgil would ask 1, wait for the reply, ask 2, etc. Virgil wants to get both voices talking some more.

    Virgil asks Pierce Brosack (nice name), "Who were you collecting debts from for Alok?"

    "What are those spheres with the glowing runes?"

    "Where did the mage hide out?"

    "What were you and Alok after in the armory?"

    If at any point, it sounds like the 'other' voice is contradicting Pierce, "Don't lie to me.... I will keep you locked up in jail until I get a full confession. Then, we will hang you."

    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3649
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  whit10 on Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:19 am

    .... Neraka adds after that last part about hanging.. "or we'll subject you to the old indian torture ritual first... heh heh heh"

    avatar
    Chirs2

    Posts : 663
    Join date : 2012-03-25

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  Chirs2 on Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:05 am

    Virgil will use Detect Evil for good measure - I am hoping that maybe Pierce is not evil, but something inside him registers as evil.  (maybe?)

    I have 1 pt of Wound Damage. Anyone got a goodberry?
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  Robyo on Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:02 am

    Just to recap, since things have gotten looser, post combat.

    The PCs are still at the fairgrounds, investigating. The babysitter NPCs (Orbyn, Bill, etc) have been dismissed. Doc and some people acting as nurses are hanging around. Many of the wounded have been moved to the hotel or other housing. Doc's clinic is too small.

    It's now 4 hours since the attack. That is more than enough time to study the items,question Pierce after he wakes up, and perhaps help out the clean up or just recoup.


    The voice on the radio is waiting for a response...

    The rune-spheres have rolled out from the iron wurm. The runes are slowly pulsating with a low hum

    Oli ascertains the black goo is the natrural form of the magic-wielding caste of a mysterious alien race known as the gabberlings. The other castes have different natural states. All gabberlings have polymorph abilities. They come from the dimension of the Far Realm, like many aberrations. Those that have been encountered on Aerth are often working for the Illithid agenda. Only one gabberling has ever been taken prisoner and studied. He claimed to originate outside of Aerth's timestream.


    Virgil detects a fiendish aura from Pierce Brosack. He is possessed by a fiend.

    Virgil asks, "Who were you collecting debts from for Alok?"
    "What are those spheres with the glowing runes?"
    "Where did the mage hide out?"
    "What were you and Alok after in the armory?"

    Pierce does his best to answer questions, but the demonic voice continues to interrupt.
    The names of the debtors always changed. Alok would utter a name and Pierce would go seek them out.
    The spheres are something Alok called "a special surprise." He doesn't know more than that. Alok never discussed where he lived. The mage always met Pierce on the street, in some remote shadowy corner or alley, usually appearing out of nowhere. Alok told him the company was called Illcom and specialized in magical weapons. He claimed they are contracted to the federal government. Somewhere outside of town is a secret factory.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  Robyo on Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:16 am

    MAS wrote:John Henry is posted - I'm not certain that my saves are right, but he is mostly good to go.

    John Henry has just arrived in town. He'd been traveling the road for awhile, rambling around looking for work. Today, as he was nearing the town of Pestilence, he became thirsty and stopped for a rest. There was a sign saying "Free Town BBQ at Fairgrounds" so John headed over. But he finds it a bloody aftermath. There had been fire and a battle and many bystanders injured or killed. A doctor and some volunteers are tending to the wounded. The marshal and some tough-looking hombres seem to be conducting an investigation.
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2349
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  MAS on Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:29 am

    "Well....I'll be".

    JH starts looking for a way to help clean away debris, lifting, carrying, or preferably breaking things that need broken.
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3649
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  whit10 on Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:00 am

    Neraka will give one of his good berries to Virgil.  "excuse me for a sec"....  he then runs around the outskirts of town whooping and dancing for a minute... then returns.

    Use of Revitalizing Fun:

    -Revitalizing Fun: Once daily after 1 minute of disruptive, random activity
    you recover 4d6 vitality: requires Free Minded.

    Roll(4d6)+0:
    6,5,3,5,+0
    Total:19

    Vitality: full strength - 46
    Neraka is very refreshed from his wild outburst.  He comes back to where ever the Sheriff is and puts a fresh chaw in his mouth. He'll also feed Gerald some cheese.
    avatar
    Chirs2

    Posts : 663
    Join date : 2012-03-25

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  Chirs2 on Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:36 am

    Robyo wrote:
    Oli activates the Comm-link. He hears from the speaker, "Orange peel, breaker breaker, do you copy? This is Sugar Daddy, come in, over. Is the baby in the stroller? Over."

    Robyo wrote:
    It's now 4 hours since the attack. That is more than enough time to study the items,question Pierce after he wakes up, and perhaps help out the clean up or just recoup.

    The voice on the radio is waiting for a response...

    The rune-spheres have rolled out from the iron wurm. The runes are slowly pulsating with a low hum


    I haven't forgotten about the comlink, just haven't gotten to it yet.  Has it really taken 4 hours just to talk to the Cyclops?  I would not have left the spheres laying around that long or waited that long to call back.  I thought we were still "in the moment" there.  I was trying to gather information from the Cyclops before I called the voice back. I wouldn't have helped clean up or anything else. We were still investigating.

    I guess if they haven't exploded or anything it doesn't matter......

    Virgil tasks Jack with taking Pierce back to the jail and locking him up.  Jack and Tinder will keep an eye on the cyclops (couldn't resist).  

    Assuming Virgil can see John Henry, "Hey big fella!  We could use a hand over here, got some heavy lifting for ya."

    Virgil asks Oli to take a look, not a touch!, at the spheres with the runes.

    Virgil asks Monk to find someone with a wagon and a couple horses.
    avatar
    Arcturus2

    Posts : 523
    Join date : 2014-03-12

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  Arcturus2 on Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:55 am

    Chirs2 wrote:
    Virgil asks Monk to find someone with a wagon and a couple horses.

    Monk nods his affirmation. He casts one last distrustful glance at the hole in the ground. He has gathered up his dropped walking stick and washed his hands thoroughly.

    ''Very well, Sheriff Virgil. Where is the hostler in town?"

    I thought I remembered seeing a leftover wagon in some thread after the Biggs ranch showdown but I can't locate it again this morning.. Where can I find one at?

    Also, Monk could try a 'Remove Curse' on Pierce Brosack if you wish.. that might be strong enough to rid him of being posessed. Unless he is more useful with his fiendish possession.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  Robyo on Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:17 pm

    Chirs2 wrote:I haven't forgotten about the comlink, just haven't gotten to it yet.  Has it really taken 4 hours just to talk to the Cyclops?  I would not have left the spheres laying around that long or waited that long to call back.  I thought we were still "in the moment" there.  I was trying to gather information from the Cyclops before I called the voice back.  I wouldn't have helped clean up or anything else.  We were still investigating.

    I guess if they haven't exploded or anything it doesn't matter......

    Virgil tasks Jack with taking Pierce back to the jail and locking him up.  Jack and Tinder will keep an eye on the cyclops (couldn't resist).  

    Assuming Virgil can see John Henry, "Hey big fella!  We could use a hand over here, got some heavy lifting for ya."

    Virgil asks Oli to take a look, not a touch!, at the spheres with the runes.

    Virgil asks Monk to find someone with a wagon and a couple horses.

    The cyclops was unconscious for a few hours. I didn't hear that anyone wanted to revive him or heal him. It also took a couple hours to identify the electro-tech devices and collect samples, etc. The spheres and the radio voice are the most recent event. That, and John Henry entering the scene. Oh, and Neraka dancing around having fun. But time is somewhat arbitrary, since there isn't any immediate danger and no one needed a 6-hour rest.


    Using the remote control again will require another successful electro-tech check. No more checks needed for the comm-link, since it's simpler to use.

    Now the cyclops is in jail and Tinder and Jack Stone are keeping an eye open.

    Does Monk cast Remove Curse on the cyclops before he departs? It will costs 2 Vit.

    Monk finds JP's covered wagon and horses parked at the Sun Dog Saloon. The horses have been cared for by the bartender ever since the coach arrived there 6 months ago. It was brought in by a goblin and a homesteader couple. They left it and said it was for a french fellow who never arrived.
    avatar
    Arcturus2

    Posts : 523
    Join date : 2014-03-12

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  Arcturus2 on Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:15 pm

    Robyo wrote:

    Now the cyclops is in jail and Tinder and Jack Stone are keeping an eye open.

    Does Monk cast Remove Curse on the cyclops before he departs? It will costs 2 Vit.

    Monk finds JP's covered wagon and horses parked at the Sun Dog Saloon. The horses have been cared for by the bartender ever since the coach arrived there 6 months ago. It was brought in by a goblin and a homesteader couple. They left it and said it was for a french fellow who never arrived.

    It's up to Virgil whether Traveler Monk tries to perform an exorcism on Pierce, but he would like to.

    Monk retrieves the wagon and horses from the Sun Dog Saloon. (Take 10 on Handle Animal)

    [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

    "Sherriff Virgil, here is the wagon you wanted."

    Trsveler Monk dismounts the wagon. He leans closer to Virgil and speaks more quietly, so just the Sherriff can hear

    "Sherriff,  I have faith that my Goddess can grant me the power to remove the demon infesting the man Pierce. I would sincerely like to try, if you will allow it."
    avatar
    Chirs2

    Posts : 663
    Join date : 2012-03-25

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  Chirs2 on Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:13 pm

    GM - I didn't realize the cyclops was passed out for so long, my bad.

    to Monk, "Great work, Traveler. Of course, you may try to invoke your goddess to help the one-eyed man. But just becareful and keep Jack and Tinder around if things get hinky.

    In the meantime, 1 minute of rest to restore vitality
    Roll(4d6)+0:
    3,2,4,6,+0
    Total:15

    other actions -

    1) waiting on Oli to examine the runes on the spheres

    2) ask John Henry to load them onto the wagon and with Neraka, take them a couple miles outside of town and stash them somewhere safe, like in a cave or arroyo

    3) reassemble (party) Neraka, John, Monk and Oli to discuss next steps (White Mountain)
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  Robyo on Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:59 pm

    So long as no one messes with the remote control (Technics check), the rune-covered metallic spheres will remain as they are, slowly pulsating with blue light and a deep hum. They are heavy, but can be loaded into the wagon (Athletics check).

    "Sugar Daddy, this is Orange Peel, over," speaks the comm-link. "I repeat, is the baby in the stroller? Please repond, over."


    Monk travels back to the town jail and performs remove curse on Pierce. Costs 2 faith points to access as an intermediat boon, and also costs 2 Vitality.
    [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

    An incorporeal demonic figure rises out of the cyclops and screams as it is sucked into the void. Afterwards, Pierce thanks the monk and falls into a deep slumber. Monk returns to the fairgrounds and meets up with the others.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  Robyo on Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:34 pm

    [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

    [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

    [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

    White Mountain is the highest peak of the mountains north of town. It is a 3 days ride up rugged terrain.

    Living there are Navaho tribes of humans and goliaths. There is also warring tribes of hill and mountain giants. Stories of a white dragon have been told.


    The Navaho spring-time camp is near a mountain pass.
    [Only admins are allowed to see this image]


    Decades ago, there was a lucrative silver mining operation located half-way up the northern side of White Mountain. Suddenly, it was abandoned and is said to be haunted.
    avatar
    Chirs2

    Posts : 663
    Join date : 2012-03-25

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  Chirs2 on Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:51 pm

    Robyo wrote:So long as no one messes with the remote control (Technics check), the rune-covered metallic spheres will remain as they are, slowly pulsating with blue light and a deep hum. They are heavy, but can be loaded into the wagon (Athletics check).

    "Sugar Daddy, this is Orange Peel, over," speaks the comm-link. "I repeat, is the baby in the stroller? Please repond, over."


    Monk travels back to the town jail and performs remove curse on Pierce. Costs 2 faith points to access as an intermediat boon, and also costs 2 Vitality.

    An incorporeal demonic figure rises out of the cyclops and screams as it is sucked into the void. Afterwards, Pierce thanks the monk and falls into a deep slumber. Monk returns to the fairgrounds and meets up with the others.

    Awesome work Traveler!


    Virgil does his best New York accent. Cajun is actually a cross between New York and French, at least that was how I was taught to do a cajun accent by our Speech teacher. Virgil makes static noises and waves the remote around in the air as he replies, "<zzzpppp> This is Sugar Daddy, <bzzzwwp> I copy. Orange Peel, <wwrrrrppp> what's your 20?"
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  Robyo on Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:43 pm

    Chirs2 wrote:Virgil does his best New York accent.  Cajun is actually a cross between New York and French, at least that was how I was taught to do a cajun accent by our Speech teacher.  Virgil makes static noises and waves the remote around in the air as he replies, "<zzzpppp> This is Sugar Daddy, <bzzzwwp> I copy.  Orange Peel, <wwrrrrppp> what's your 20?"

    "Delver's alleyway, o'course! Where'd you think? So what's taking so long, Sugar Daddy? We were starting to think you ran into some local trouble."
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2658
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  navyik on Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:10 am

    Oli pops 3 goodberries to gain 4 vitality. Total up to 28. "Ah... A...Anybody else?", he offers

    Oli will attempt to read and copy the runes from the huge balls, (yes i wrote that), in his journal.
    avatar
    Chirs2

    Posts : 663
    Join date : 2012-03-25

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  Chirs2 on Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:51 am

    Robyo wrote:
    Chirs2 wrote:Virgil does his best New York accent.  Cajun is actually a cross between New York and French, at least that was how I was taught to do a cajun accent by our Speech teacher.  Virgil makes static noises and waves the remote around in the air as he replies, "<zzzpppp> This is Sugar Daddy, <bzzzwwp> I copy.  Orange Peel, <wwrrrrppp> what's your 20?"

    "Delver's alleyway, o'course! Where'd you think? So what's taking so long, Sugar Daddy? We were starting to think you ran into some local trouble."

    any idea where Delver's alleyway is?
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  Robyo on Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:36 am

    Virgil never heard of Delver's Alleyway. It might be a code name.


    Oli recognizes the runes as those used in golem-enchantment.
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2658
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  navyik on Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:44 am

    Technics check on remote balls:
    Roll of 4. Using heroic mein to roll again:
    Roll of 17+12=29 oli wants to remove the battery, map the circuitry, and study it theoretically (rather than pushing buttons).

    "N...now lets see here... This wire goes to this diode here... This looks like a transistor... Hmmm, i think this is a ah couple ohms here. Looks like this button reverses the polarity; ma...maybe directional?"
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  Robyo on Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:17 am

    navyik wrote:Technics check on remote balls:
    Roll of 4.  Using heroic mein to roll again:
    Roll of 17+12=29  oli wants to remove the battery, map the circuitry, and study it theoretically (rather than pushing buttons).

    "N...now lets see here... This wire goes to this diode here... This looks like a transistor... Hmmm, i think this is a ah couple ohms here.  Looks like this button reverses the polarity; ma...maybe directional?"

    That's better, but still not enough. The DC is set pretty high, since Oli is unfamiliar with this alien technology. However, Oli has made two earlier Technics checks (though one was just a Take 10), so he gets a bonus +2 to his roll. I like the idea of "fail forward" with skill checks, where each unsuccessful check still yields a bonus +1 to the next attempt.

    Anyways, with a total of 31, Oli figures out how to control the golems with the remote device. He can activate them with some understanding.

    The runes glow bright and the spheres begin to grow and uncurl, large plates of metal unfolding from themselves. The metallic spheres expand and unfold and eventually morph into Large-sized golems.

    One is a canon-golem:
    [Only admins are allowed to see this image]


    The other is a ray-golem:
    [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

    "What does master command?" says the ray-golem.
    avatar
    Chirs2

    Posts : 663
    Join date : 2012-03-25

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  Chirs2 on Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:29 am

    Robyo wrote:
    Chirs2 wrote:Virgil does his best New York accent.  Cajun is actually a cross between New York and French, at least that was how I was taught to do a cajun accent by our Speech teacher.  Virgil makes static noises and waves the remote around in the air as he replies, "<zzzpppp> This is Sugar Daddy, <bzzzwwp> I copy.  Orange Peel, <wwrrrrppp> what's your 20?"

    "Delver's alleyway, o'course! Where'd you think? So what's taking so long, Sugar Daddy? We were starting to think you ran into some local trouble."

    Bluff
    Roll(1d20)+-1:
    2,+-1
    Total:1

     confused 

    Virgil replies, "[getting nervous] Uh, we had a slight weapons malfunction, but uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you? "
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2658
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  navyik on Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:22 am

    "Uh... Standby until i'm ready to give you a command." scratch 
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  Robyo on Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:06 pm

    Chirs2 wrote:
    Robyo wrote:
    Chirs2 wrote:Virgil does his best New York accent.  Cajun is actually a cross between New York and French, at least that was how I was taught to do a cajun accent by our Speech teacher.  Virgil makes static noises and waves the remote around in the air as he replies, "<zzzpppp> This is Sugar Daddy, <bzzzwwp> I copy.  Orange Peel, <wwrrrrppp> what's your 20?"

    "Delver's alleyway, o'course! Where'd you think? So what's taking so long, Sugar Daddy? We were starting to think you ran into some local trouble."

    Bluff
    Roll(1d20)+-1:
    2,+-1
    Total:1

     confused 

    Virgil replies, "[getting nervous] Uh, we had a slight weapons malfunction, but uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you? "

    There is a pause at the other end. Then, "Who is this? What's your operating number?"
    avatar
    Chirs2

    Posts : 663
    Join date : 2012-03-25

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  Chirs2 on Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:46 pm

    Robyo wrote:
    Chirs2 wrote:
    Robyo wrote:
    Chirs2 wrote:Virgil does his best New York accent.  Cajun is actually a cross between New York and French, at least that was how I was taught to do a cajun accent by our Speech teacher.  Virgil makes static noises and waves the remote around in the air as he replies, "<zzzpppp> This is Sugar Daddy, <bzzzwwp> I copy.  Orange Peel, <wwrrrrppp> what's your 20?"

    "Delver's alleyway, o'course! Where'd you think? So what's taking so long, Sugar Daddy? We were starting to think you ran into some local trouble."

    Bluff
    Roll(1d20)+-1:
    2,+-1
    Total:1

     confused 

    Virgil replies, "[getting nervous] Uh, we had a slight weapons malfunction, but uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you? "

    There is a pause at the other end. Then, "Who is this? What's your operating number?"

    Virgil hesitates, "Uh...."  then he flips the comlink up into the air with one hand and pulls out his pistol with his other and blasts the device in mid air

    to hit
    Roll(1d20)+17:
    13,+17
    Total:30

    damage
    Roll(2d6)+13:
    6,6,+13
    Total:25

    Virgil shakes his head, "Boring conversation anyways.  Oli, we're gonna have company! Get those tinmen ready for action."
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  Robyo on Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:38 pm

    At this time, the heroes are all standing around. The mechs are currently paused, awaiting commands from Oli, the remote control user.

    [Only admins are allowed to see this image][Only admins are allowed to see this image]" />

    Virgil has destroyed the comm-link. A few seconds pass, then everyone should make a Perception check...
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2658
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  navyik on Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:44 pm

    Perception  cyclops Roll of 17+13=30

    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3649
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  whit10 on Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:48 pm

    Neraka's Perception:

    Roll(1d20)+9:
    3,+9
    Total:12

    doh!
    avatar
    Chirs2

    Posts : 663
    Join date : 2012-03-25

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  Chirs2 on Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:29 pm

    Virgil perception
    Roll(1d20)+14:
    17,+14
    Total:31
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  Robyo on Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:06 am

    Virgil and Oli notice a faint "Beep... beep... beep..." sound coming from within the destroyed wurm mech. Closer inspection and looking inside the open compartment (which the spheres rolled out) is the source of the sound. Inside the compartment are two more, smaller spheres covered with runes. There is also stuck to the side of the hull, a device beeping faster as it counts down. It has a small radio-activated antennae and digital-style face-plate. The timer is attached to a large bundle of TNT.
    avatar
    Chirs2

    Posts : 663
    Join date : 2012-03-25

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  Chirs2 on Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:30 am


    Can Virgil see any numbers ticking down on the device?

    Virgil thinks out loud, "We have to get that TNT into the pond over there!"

    Looking at the golems, "Oli, see if you can get 1 of those things to grab the bomb and run"
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2658
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  navyik on Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:31 pm

    "Ah...I'm trying to d... Discern, marshal, wh...whetherrrrr it is easier to disarm the bomb, remove the bomb, remove the explosives, or move the whole machine."

    Roll of 4. Spend a fp
    Roll of 16+12=28 to determine difficulty priorities.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  Robyo on Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:17 pm

    Chirs2 wrote:Can Virgil see any numbers ticking down on the device?

    It is a language he doesn't recognize.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  Robyo on Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:24 pm

    navyik wrote:"Ah...I'm trying to d... Discern, marshal, wh...whetherrrrr it is easier to disarm the bomb, remove the bomb, remove the explosives, or move the whole machine."

    Roll of 4.  Spend a fp
    Roll of 16+12=28 to determine difficulty priorities.

    Uh, I'm not clear what you're doing here exactly. Is Discern an ability or something? Or just asking the DM possibilities for each action?

    Disarm the bomb: someone has to climb into the compartment and disarm it. Acrobatics + Mechanics check.
    Remove the bomb: someone still has to climb into the compartment of the wurm and yank it out. Acrobatics and Athletics.
    Remove the explosives: same difference, but disconnecting the timer might be good/bad? Acrobatics + Mechanics
    Move the machine would take a lot of muscle. Who's doing it? It's a Huge-sized mech, so it ain't light.
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2349
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  MAS on Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:21 pm

    MAS wrote:"Well....I'll be".

    JH starts looking for a way to help clean away debris, lifting, carrying, or preferably breaking things that need broken.


    "Ya'all need help movin' sumthin......?"
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2658
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  navyik on Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:28 pm

    Not a special ability. Just going off of the idea that oli is smart enough to determine the best solution within his capability.

    Would the golems be able to reach in?
    If not, oli will crawl in to decide between removal and disarm.

    How much time is there?
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2658
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  navyik on Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:52 pm

    "Um... Heh..llo there mr. Large black man. Um... Can you reach that bomb to pull it out if i can Un-bolt it?" bom 
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  Robyo on Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:33 am

    The bomb is wedged-in and behind some metal "ribs." Someone would have to squeeze in to access it. Requires a successful Acrobatics check.

    The golems are too large to reach inside.

    The timer's numbers are unrecognizable. I don't think anyone knows Qualoth? Oli can tell it's counting down because the beeps are getting higher in pitch and closer together. Think: the last scene in Predator when the alien is about to self-destruct.
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2658
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  navyik on Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:28 am

    "It ah... L...ooks like this will require a combination of agility and brute strength. Maybe the karate-man? Heh heh... Hai-YA!" cheers 
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3649
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  whit10 on Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:36 am

    Neraka has already started moving away from this potential mess.
    avatar
    Chirs2

    Posts : 663
    Join date : 2012-03-25

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  Chirs2 on Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:51 am

    navyik wrote:"It ah... L...ooks like this will require a combination of agility and brute strength.  Maybe the karate-man?  Heh heh... Hai-YA!" cheers 

    Only to actually remove it. Does Oli have any kind of Disable Device (or whatever it is called in Radiance)? He could just crawl inside and disarm it, without removing it for now.

    Or Monk seems a logical choice for removal and transport to the pond (to contain the explosion under water or ruin the powder) given the above assessment.

    Could the Ray golem cut a hole in the side of the worm mech, for easier access? say, along the side of the "rib" as a visual guide from the outside. I am picturing the "rib" acting like a reinforced welding point where the outside metal skin is bolted to a series of ribs as a frame. If we can see the TNT, let's say between rib 3 and 4, then the golem could in between rib 4 and 5, along the 4 seem.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:01 am