Dice - http://dicelog.com

D20 SRD - http://www.d20srd.org/index.htm

Pathfinder SRD - http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/

Modern SRD - http://www.d20moderndb.com/game-rules/d20-modern-srd

Pando - http://www.pando.com/

Dropbox - http://www.dropbox.com/

Open Office - http://www.openoffice.org/

4 posters

Chapter 2: It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door.

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Chapter 2: It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. Left_bar_bleue35/35Chapter 2: It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Chapter 2: It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. Left_bar_bleue0/0Chapter 2: It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Chapter 2: It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. Empty Chapter 2: It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door.

Post  Chris Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:01 pm

Chapter 2: It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. Map_of13

The party has decided to travel towards the Sky Maze and Blue Heavens.  Their information told them that the tower\lighthouse, possibly known as the Library at Star's End, is beyond the known end of the road at the Blue Heavens (elemental plane of Air).

Chapter 2: It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. Metaci11

Meta City is linked by bridges that cover the Road between planes.  All the planes converge into a central area of the city known as the Crunch.  The Roads push into each other here like tectonic plates, pushing the planes vertically like a mountain.  Most of the lower-class residents of Meta City live here as the housing is inexpensive and there is always more land being created.  

Chapter 2: It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. Crunch10

The Crunch is a disorientating vertical mess.  The party meets up on the NE side, having just come from Night City.  The sky in this part of the Crunch is also in eternal night, just like New Tsian.  But only a few blocks away is the glaring desert heat of the Memphis sun.  A cold dry breeze blows down from the underground ward of Capadocia.  But the party can feel moist warm air blowing in from the coastal waters under Rata Sum.

Chapter 2: It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. City_113

For those not accustomed to living in the Crunch, you feel like you are in a state of jet lag.  You are never sure what time it really is or what the weather is like from one minute to the next.  

The party makes it the Road connecting Rata Sum, the floating city of the Asurans, to the Crunch.

Chapter 2: It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. Aether11

Like most things of Asuran design, it is quasi-technological, strangely-dysfunctional and powered by Aether crystals.  It stretches over the coastal waters to an island Port-of-Entry.  The party can see the Aether Bridge ascending into the sky towards Rata Sum.

Each race guards the bridges into their home ward.  Many beings pass through the checkpoints daily, as trade is highly profitable between wards.  The party can see the main checkpoint ahead.  There are caravans of merchants queued up coming and going.  The Asurans are sticklers for details, even though their logic is often.... unique.

The party can see several aether-powered golems and Asuran guards at the checkpoint.

Chapter 2: It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. Asura-11

study Does the party plan to pass through the Port-of-Entry legally or try to sneak into Rata Sum or something else?

Last edited by Chris on Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:47 am; edited 1 time in total
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Chapter 2: It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. Left_bar_bleue0/0Chapter 2: It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Chapter 2: It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. Empty Re: Chapter 2: It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door.

Post  Robyo Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:14 pm

We aren't smuggling anything that I know of, so I guess going thru the checkpoint would be normal. Are guns/weapons allowed?

Anyone volunteer to be party face?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Chapter 2: It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. Left_bar_bleue35/35Chapter 2: It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Chapter 2: It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. Empty Re: Chapter 2: It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door.

Post  Chris Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:27 pm

Robyo wrote:We aren't smuggling anything that I know of, so I guess going thru the checkpoint would be normal. Are guns/weapons allowed?

Meta City is a dangerous place. Weapons for self-defense are generally allowed, although each ward is free to set its own laws. As a general rule, figure that anything that's not military-grade (or clearly appears as military-grade) is probably going to fine.

Also, there are 2 main parts to each ward: the area around the Road and the actual core plane itself.

Road - most of Meta City falls into this category. weapons are generally allowed around the Road in all wards.

Core Planes - expect another set of checkpoints and stricter security if you try to leave the Meta City area and actually travel further into the plane itself. Remember, Memphis is the city built upon the Road for commerce with the other wards. But there is a whole Egyptian-style fantasy world beyond Memphis. There is a whole cyber-punk world beyond Night City, etc etc.

In Shadow Run terms - a Troll carrying a Panther assault cannon is probably going to be stopped, but an assault rifle is fine.
    in SW - a wookie with a bowcaster and a vibro axe is fine, but not carrying a heavy repeating blaster with tripod.

grenades are fine, bombs are not

think items that cause large-scale destruction

A mage is probably going to be fine with a staff, even though that is really in the assault cannon category of damage lol!

navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Chapter 2: It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. Left_bar_bleue68/68Chapter 2: It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:14 pm

Mime
    AC 17
    Cloak of Displacement:
    Attackers are disadvantaged to Attack Mime
    Hp 96/96

Initiative +3 (Advantage)
    Mime's party is never surprised

Passive Perception: 15(18 in the city)
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Chapter 2: It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. Left_bar_bleue19/19Chapter 2: It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    Chapter 2: It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. Left_bar_bleue1/0Chapter 2: It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:10 pm

You know what, I'm going to help the party more than myself here. I'll stick with the Pally for now since we need healing and a "face." (if he dies, then I can play the guy I like better)

Scratch the whole "switch" thing.

Menkaure will try to talk our way through roadblocks if they happen. Sword is sheathed for now.

AC: 17
    Initiative: +3
    Movement: 30’
    HP: 88
    Prof. Bonus: +3

Saves - Wis. and Cha.

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:43 pm

whit10 wrote:You know what, I'm going to help the party more than myself here. I'll stick with the Pally for now since we need healing and a "face." (if he dies, then I can play the guy I like better)

Menkaure will try to talk our way through roadblocks if they happen. Sword is sheathed for now.

The party waits in line for a long time.  The Asurans seem very particular about having their golems search and scan each merchant load.  The merchants don't seem bothered by it all, so it is likely a common practice.  The profits of commerce with the Asurans must outweigh the red tape.  The party can see the entrance to the Asuran bridge ahead through a pyramid checkpoint.

Finally the party comes to the checkpoint.  4 Golems wait in stasis mode, their main eye scanning the queue.  

Chapter 2: It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. Golem10

Two Asurans approach the party.  The male has some kind of monocle and the female is dressed in armor with a winged helmet.

Chapter 2: It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. 177px-10

Chapter 2: It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. 174px-10

The monocled-male speaks in a high-pitched voice, "I am Prekkak the Calumniator.  Declare your manifest and intentions. Prepare to be scanned."  
    The female just glares at Ghost, who seems like the most well-armed member of the group.  Mime is generally ignored.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Chapter 2: It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. Left_bar_bleue19/19Chapter 2: It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    Chapter 2: It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. Left_bar_bleue1/0Chapter 2: It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:50 pm

"Greetings. I am Menkaure, representative of his most divine majesty Pharaoh Seti III. I have business with your people for my great liege. These are my bodyguards." Straight faced and with a genuine smile.

Persuasion:

Roll(1d20)+6:
    13,+6
    Total:19
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:10 pm

Nobleman and guards is a good cover!

Ghost's arsenal of weapons (carried):
    ~Scimitar – Laser Katana (hi tech +1): +9 Atk, 1d6+6 Radiant (Finesse, Light)
    Looks like a typical well-made katana, but with a band of radiant energy running along the blade.

~Sub Machine Gun (smartlink +1): +11 Atk, 1d10+6 Piercing, range 100/400 (2H)
    It's an Ingram Smartgun, like from Shadowrun.

~Longbow: +10 Atk, 1d8+5 Piercing, range 150/600 (2H)
    Mainly to be used for sniping. Folds up into a portable hardshell case.

~Antimatter Pistol: +10 Atk, 1d6+5 Necrotic, range 30/120 (Light)
    It's like a Star Trek phaser.

~Dagger +8 Atk (+10 thrown), 1d4+5P, range 20/60 (Finesse, Light, Thrown)
    Serrated blade.

Ghost
    AC 18 (studded leather combat suit)
    Hp 96/96
    Temp HP: 0
    Remaining HD: 8d10
    Initiative +5
    Action Surge: 1
    Fighting Spirit: 1/3
    Condition: Ronin

Last edited by Robyo on Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:17 pm

whit10 wrote:"Greetings. I am Menkaure, representative of his most divine majesty Pharaoh Seti III. I have business with your people for my great liege. These are my bodyguards."  Straight faced and with a genuine smile.

Persuasion:

Roll(1d20)+6:
    13,+6
    Total:19

nice roll, Faceman!

Chapter 2: It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. 177px-10

Prekkak the Calumniator replies in a high-pitched voice, now slightly irritated,  "Yes, yes.  I am sure that you are a big cat back home.  Follow directions and don't waste my.... oh,  I apologize!  Of course a representative of the Pharaoh may enter.... As soon as you complete the manifest documentation.  I think we can waive the usual scans for you, sir."   He waves off the 4 golems.

Prekkak hands Menkaure a crystalline tablet with an odd interface unknown to Menkaure.  It appears to have input points but it looks like alien mumbo-jumbo.

Chapter 2: It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. Tablet10

The 4 golems momentarily power up, but then power back down at Prekkak's command.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:19 pm

Robyo wrote:Nobleman and guards is a good cover!

Ghost's arsenal of weapons (carried):

THanks for the arsenal update, but it looks like Menkaure persuaded the dockmaster to let you through, assuming he can complete the paperwork, of course
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:19 pm

lol... at least I'm good for something cheers

do you need an actual roll for the documentation? Would that be an Intelligence roll?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:33 am

whit10 wrote:lol... at least I'm good for something cheers

do you need an actual roll for the documentation?  Would that be an Intelligence roll?

Menkaure can try to roll, if you want.

Think in your character's character.... would a pretend-nobleman do paperwork? (especially if he really doesn't understand the tech of it)
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:15 pm

ah... I was going to try that as well.

"One of my servants can fill this out..." Menkaure snaps his fingers at Ghost (and tries to wink at him too)
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:28 pm

whit10 wrote:ah... I was going to try that as well.

"One of my servants can fill this out..."  Menkaure snaps his fingers at Ghost (and tries to wink at him too)

Prekkak raises an eyebrow the asruan in the winged helmet as if you say, "see how being in charge works?"
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:08 am

"Yes sir!" Ghost takes the tablet and completes the datawork to the best of his ability.

Intelligence check? 16.

Manifest documentation, my ass. I'd like to manifest these guys' blood-soaked destinies... Ergh.

Ghost hands it back with a smile (beneath his helmet).
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:58 am

Ghost fills in all the manifest lines with ease as he is familiar with this kind of tech (tablet).

The party is allowed to travel on the Aether bridge to Rata Sum.

Chapter 2: It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. Aether12

The party can walk or ride on some sort of moving sidewalk.  The bridge seems to float in the air as it rises, every so gently, up into the sky over the harbor.  The views are spectacular.  The party can see Meta City behind them with all its wards and bridges

Chapter 2: It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. Gandar10

the ocean beneath their feet and a floating city ahead, with many floating suburbs

Chapter 2: It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. 13708011

Unless anyone wants to take actions on the Aether bridge, the party arrives in the commerce district of Rata Sum proper (not the suburbs).

Chapter 2: It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. C96f9f10

The Asurans use a block-like design that reminds Menkaure a bit of the pyramids back home in Memphis.  There are palm trees lining the pathways.  Many colorful birds and small lizards seem to move freely through the streets.

study Remember, the Road through the planes is usually an open area for trade.  Visitors are allowed to move in the Road zone freely but there would be stricter checkpoints to leave the Road area and venture into the Asuran's home plane.  The party needs to stay in the Road area and continue traveling along the Road until it transitions to the Sky  Maze plane.  The Asurans are crazy inventors.  Their designs appear logical and scientific, but they are often absurd and only function because of Aether (magic crystals).  Imagine a race of short Alans.  

Does the party want to do anything in Rata Sum while you are here?
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Chapter 2: It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. Left_bar_bleue68/68Chapter 2: It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:06 pm

Was that Asuran minister assassinated in this area? Mime would like to investigate the scene of the crime.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:48 pm

navyik wrote:Was that Asuran minister assassinated in this area?  Mime would like to investigate the scene of the crime.

cheers Excellent memory for story hooks!

Yes he was, as a matter of fact.

Chris wrote:
    He is watching a tele-cast about the recent death of the Asuran (little guys in the flying city, crazy inventors using Aether (magic) to fuel their designs) trade minister, Dkepp Qhadd. He was speaking about expanding trade routes to the outlying planes when his head just appears to explode. He was surrounded by Asuran Sentinel Golems as usual.

Chapter 2: It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. Asura-10

everyone else ok with a quick detour?
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:51 pm

totally fine with me
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:48 pm

sure!
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:09 pm

sorry for the delay over the weekend.

The party heads to the main marketplace where the trade minister, Dkepp Qhadd, was speaking before his untimely and highly suspect death.   The tragedy occurred only an hour or so ago.  Mime heard the news while eating noodles right before heading to the Panda Karaoke Lounge.  There was the fight and then a short rest (1hr).  The party finds an active crime-scene investigation underway by Asuran police. The headless body of Qhadd is still on the stage in the center of the square.

Asuran police = blue
    bystanders = yellow
    party = white

There are Asuran police, police golems and police droids.  The golems appear to be standing guard and setting a perimeter. The droids are crawling around dusting for prints, collecting evidence, etc.  The Asurans are talking to bystanders or observing the scene in general.  

The party notices 2 bystanders that are receiving special attention from the police, as represented by different icons than the general crowd.

Chapter 2: It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. Asura_10

Chapter 2: It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. Asura_11

Chapter 2: It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. 1marke10
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:41 pm

Menkaure will get near Meme and whisper "we need to get those two alone - I can get the truth out of them" - (he nods towards the two witnesses that are getting more attention"

Just to clear something up... Ghost is visible, right?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:51 pm

whit10 wrote:Menkaure will get near Meme and whisper "we need to get those two alone - I can get the truth out of them" - (he nods towards the two witnesses that are getting more attention"

Just to clear something up... Ghost is visible, right?

Ghost looks like this, but he was wearing a kimono only back in the Panda lounge

Robyo wrote:

Chapter 2: It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. Street10

Meme lol!
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:07 pm

sorry for the typo.

Ok, say that to ghost then...
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:43 pm

"Roger that, Big Kat. If you want to check anything out, your humble bodyguard will follow."

Ghost gets an idea. He whispers for Mime and Menkaure, "Anyone want to impersonate a lawyer?"
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:25 pm

bounce waiting on you guys to do something....
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:02 pm

Using the whisper cantrip, mime speaks to each companion in turn:

"It might be best to watch the scene from a casually explainable location and track the witnesses after the police are finished with them. The droids will collect impirical data but they will miss some subtleties. We should take pictures as soon as they are done. We'll need a press pass to avoid suspicion."
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:15 pm

navyik wrote:Using the whisper cantrip, mime speaks to each companion in turn:

"It might be best to watch the scene from a casually explainable location and track the witnesses after the police are finished with them.  The droids will collect impirical data but they will miss some subtleties.  We should take pictures as soon as they are done.  We'll need a press pass to avoid suspicion."

Ghost nods in agreement. "Good idea," he whispers to his companions. "We'll wait for the scene to clear a bit, then approach the witnesses."
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:38 pm

The party has put forth the following suggestions:

A) pretend to be lawyers to talk to the 2 suspects

B) wait for the scene to clear +\- pretend to be with the press afterwards to snoop around

it sounds like Alan and Rob are ok with plan B.

Josh?
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:41 pm

yep... sorry, didn't know I was holding things up
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:16 pm

sorry for the delay, got busy yesterday, dang work and all

Ok, so the party decides to watch and wait.....

The police continue to question the 2 suspects:  mask and goggles (for now).  They both appear to be pointing fingers at each other and it seems like they were standing on opposite sides of the market place.

Mime notices Mask put his hands behind his back, as if thinking, but he is pushing buttons on his gauntlet.

Chapter 2: It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. Asura_12

Menkaure observers Goggles making subtle hand gestures as he speaks to his interviewer.  Menkaure suspects he is casting a spell

Chapter 2: It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. Asura_13

Ghost sees some unusal footprints in the area around U-4.  They tracks are between the kiosk and the small store.  The ground here is loose dirt.  Ghost sees strange 2-toed tracks.

Chapter 2: It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. 2_toed10

the 2-toed tracks appear to mill about aimlessly in the general area of U-4 (not human tracks, just showing the pattern)

Chapter 2: It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. 1024-710

then the 2-toed tracks walk due Sorth (towards Ghost) before they end at a line in the dirt where the consistency of the ground changes, right where the tracks end

Chapter 2: It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. Sand-f10

You can each take 1 preparatory action then roll initiative

Chapter 2: It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. 1marke10
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:49 pm

Menkaure will use Divine Sense to see if there are any evil doer's about (yes, I know it works different than that).

Initiative:

Roll(1d20)+3:
    9,+3
    Total:12

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:57 pm

whit10 wrote:Menkaure will use Divine Sense to see if there are any evil doer's about (yes, I know it works different than that).

Initiative:

Roll(1d20)+3:
    9,+3
    Total:12

Menkaure does not detect any celestials, fiends or undead within 60' (that includes Mask, but not Goggles or anything on the stage area or beyond)

study everyone please remember stat blocks, thanks
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:48 pm

Ghost snaps some quick trideo with his comm. He documents the tracks especially.

Initiative: 16 + 5 = 21

Ghost
    Hp 96/96
    Initiative +5
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:34 pm

Initiative

Ghost 21
    Mask 14
    Menkaure 12
    Goggles 8
    Asuran cops 6
    civilians 3

Mime ?
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:17 pm

Mime
    AC 17
    Cloak of Displacement:
    Hp 96/96

Rolling "1d20 +3" 2 times

1: 19 + 3 = 22
    2: 17 + 3 = 20

Initiative 22
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:32 am

Chris wrote:Initiative

Mime 22
    Ghost 21
    Mask 14
    Menkaure 12
    Goggles 8
    Asuran cops 6
    civilians 3

remembering above, that it looks like both Goggles and Mask initiated some action that hasn't resolved yet, Mine then Ghost are up

preparatory action? ready action?
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:33 pm

Mime
    AC 17
    Cloak of Displacement:
    Hp 96/96

Initiative 22

Mime readies expeditious retreat in case of a chase.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:41 pm

navyik wrote:
    Mime readies expeditious retreat in case of a chase.

nice!

Ghost is up
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:15 am

Ghost will hold attack action and lets Menkaure or Mime do the talking. Trigger is anyone committing violence against his companions.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:53 pm

Mime 22  (readied Exp Ret)
    Ghost 21   (readied attack vs threat to party)
    Mask 14
    Spider bots 14
    Menkaure 12
    Goggles 8
    Asuran cops 6
    civilians 3

Mime and Ghost are at the ready.

at 14 the police spider bots seem to respond to a signal sent from Mask's wrist datapad.  

Chapter 2: It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. Spider10

Their operating lights change color from police-blue to enemy-red.  2 of them were within range of police golems, they climb up to the golem's head and the party can see electrical sparks flying from the golem's head.  the party is not sure what the spiders are doing to the golems, but it doesn't look good.   the other 2 spiders move towards the nearest golem with the same intent.  (they only get 1 action this round).  The Asuran police look surprised at this turn of events, but none can act yet.  The golems are suprised and easy targets.  

none of that triggers a readied condition

Chapter 2: It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. 1marke11

Menkaure is up at 12
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:24 pm

Menkaure will just hope that he is acting for the benefit of all...

Firebolt at the spider bot at J-6

Ranged Spell Attack:

Roll(1d20)+6:
    19,+6
    Total:25

Damage (I had this wrong before - it's 2d10 at 5th level)

Roll(2d10)+0:
    9,5,+0
    Total:14

Menkaure will also move to T-8

AC: 17
    Initiative: +3
    Movement: 30’
    HP: 88
    Prof. Bonus: +3

All allies within 10' of Menkaure gain +3 on all Saves (Menkaure gets this too) - Aura of Protection
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:44 pm

Menkaure takes the initiative!

A ray of fire blasts the spider bot at J-6 that is attached to the Golem's head. It's metal chasis is scorched and it looks badly damaged, but it is still functional.

Menkaure repositions himself to T-8 (aura noted now for ease in remembering to apply it)

On 8, Goggles holds out both arms and scraps of metal from all over the marketplace fly towards his body, as if drawn by a huge magnet.  The metal scraps encase him in a massive (large) suit of armor with 2 spiked blades on its forearms.   (re-skinned techno-druid)

wut chut chut

Chapter 2: It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. Blades10

Goggles rips the nearest Asuran cop in half with his blades!

at 6 the Asuran cops spring into action, though they seem confused as to what is all happening.

L-6 draws a crystal-powered stun baton and swings at Mask, but misses
    H 9+11 draw crystal-powered guns and fire at the spider at F-10, 1 hits, 1 misses, it is still up
    C-10 fires at the spider on Golem G-2 but misses
    Golem I-18 fires some kind of energy beam from its central crystal core at the new bladed robot (Goggles), it hits.  it is a long stream laser that starts to burn a hole in the new threat

Golem J-14 engages Goggles\robot with its fist to minimal effect

at 3 the civilians panic and flee, not all of them in well-planned directions.  Mime needs to make a Dex Save DC 10 to avoid getting run into by the fleeing shop keeper

map is updated

Chapter 2: It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. 1marke12

top of the round!

Mime 22  
    Ghost 21  
    Mask 14
    Spider bots 14
    Menkaure 12
    Goggles\Robot 8
    Asuran cops + golems 6
    civilians 3

navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:20 pm

Mime
    AC 17
    Cloak of Displacement:
    Hp 96/96

Initiative 22

Reflex save
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20" :

9+3=12

Mime moves to Q-11 drawing a laser pistol
    He shoots a magic missile at j-6 spider droid
    Result of the throw of dice "4d4 +4" :

3 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 4 = 12 force damage

"The spider droids will corrupt the golems against you!"

If mime is hit by a physical attack he may choose to use "shield" which is a reaction.

Last edited by navyik on Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:32 pm

Mime is done. See above. Thanks for your patience.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:47 pm

Wait. I did that wrong. I can't move again with action Surge...
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:00 pm

No action Surge today. I'm too distracted to figure it out. Mime is done.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:13 pm

Mime advances and destroys the J-6 spider droid. His warning falls on deaf ears, as the Asuran cops scoff at civilian "advice".

study nice job picking up on the baddies' tactics cheers

map is updated

Chapter 2: It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. 1marke13

Ghost is up

Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:34 pm

Ghost moves up to T-11. Targets Goggles (big guy with blades) using his Ingram SMG (smartlink) . Braaap! Braaaaap!

1st attack) 13 + 11 = 24; if that's a hit: 9 + 6 = 15P.

2nd) 20 + 11 = Crit!; extra damage die: 4 + 9 + 6 = 19P.

Ghost
    Hp 96/96
    Initiative +5

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:16 pm

Ghost charges forward with a hail of gunfire and rips the mechanized Goggles with his SMG.  Both hit and do significant damage, but Goggles is still in the fight.

at 14
    The party seems to have attracted Mask's attention now.  Mask taps the techno-gauntlet he used to activate the dormant programming in the spiders.  He looks up to the sky, down his gauntlet, then up again as if waiting for something.  Within seconds, the party sees a large satellite descend from somewhere above.  It hovers 100ft up in the sky.  Panels open on the bottom and the crystal power core charges up.  It releases a laser blast that hits square U-11\12 with a 5ft radius blast that catches Ghost (most dangerous threat so far) and 1 civilian (cuz he is evil).

Chapter 2: It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. Laser_10

Ghost and V-12 civilian need to make a Dex save DC 14 for 1/2 damage or take

Roll(4d8)+0:
    8,1,5,3,+0
    Total:17 electrical

V-12 civilian is burnt to a crisp

study GM's note - satellite is a re-skinned Call Lightning spell, so it is not a targetable enemy as it is really just a storm cloud.

at 14
    The spiders continue their conversion work.  One jumps on an Asuran cop, another on the Golem at I-19 and the last moves towards Golem J-7.  Golem G-3 is now under enemy control.

map is updated

Chapter 2: It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. 1marke15

Mime 22  
    Ghost 21  
    Mask 14
    Spider bots 14
    Menkaure 12
    Goggles\Robot 8
    Asuran cops + golems 6
    civilians 3

Menkaure is up

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:29 am