MAS
Robyo
6 posters

Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain

Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain Left_bar_bleue0/0Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain Left_bar_bleue0/0Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain Empty Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain

Post  Robyo Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:36 pm

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

At dawn of the next day, the heroes reconvene.

What do they expect to do once they arrive at White Mountain?

The trip to the mountain will likely take 3 days of steady riding. Does everyone have a horse or carriage?

What is the marching order? What is the schedule for night watch?

Once these details are hammered out, we can proceed with the next encounter.
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain Left_bar_bleue60/112Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain Empty Re: Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain

Post  MAS Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:01 pm

"Really got no idea what we's doin. Just let me know what needs done.... not much work I ain't able for."
    Arcturus2
    Arcturus2

Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain Empty Re: Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain

Post  Arcturus2 Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:55 pm

Robyo wrote:

At dawn of the next day, the heroes reconvene.

What do they expect to do once they arrive at White Mountain?

The trip to the mountain will likely take 3 days of steady riding. Does everyone have a horse or carriage?

What is the marching order? What is the schedule for night watch?

Once these details are hammered out, we can proceed with the next encounter.

We have the horses and wagon that Traveler Monk was sent to fetch from the saloon available.

We could load it with food, water, and whatever supplies we want to bring.

Faster isn't necessarily better.. we could go by foot. Make it a week long journey walking with a loaded wagon.

Otherwise, is there a hostler in town? Any horses available for rent?

Virgil might have the authority to simply commandeer some mounts?

Traveler and Neraka seem like logical choices for advance scouting/night watch duty.. both have faster base speeds, heightened senses (darkvision), and Neraka is a helluva tracker besides.

Just my 2 cents.
    Chirs2
    Chirs2

Post  Chirs2 Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:18 am

Virgil has his own horse and all his stuff.  Jack and Tinder are left in charge of Pestilence, with Orbyn and Chef to help as needed.

Virgil tells the party, "In my vision from Stolgar, he said....

Robyo wrote:

The Fates are with Virgil. He has a vision...

In a fog appears Stolgar, the tough warrior of the cold northern lands. He points to a mountain in the distance.

"Find the road to the dark ones," the deity says. "There, your puzzle will be solved."

That is all I know, but I trust Stolgar."

Robyo wrote:
    White Mountain is the highest peak of the mountains north of town. It is a 3 days ride up rugged terrain.

Living there are Navaho tribes of humans and goliaths. There is also warring tribes of hill and mountain giants. Stories of a white dragon have been told.

The Navaho spring-time camp is near a mountain pass.

Decades ago, there was a lucrative silver mining operation located half-way up the northern side of White Mountain. Suddenly, it was abandoned and is said to be haunted.

"Neraka, have you had any contact with either the Navaho or the giant tribes?"

Virgil agrees that Neraka and Monk should be on point, but we can all share night watch duties.  Virgil will ride back by Oli in the wagon, with the golems.  I think the plan is simply to follow the road to the dark ones, as commanded by my god, and see what we find.  We are on a set of rails, let's just enjoy the ride  Cool
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain Left_bar_bleue19/19Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain Left_bar_bleue1/0Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:01 am

I don't know... Mr. GM, has Neraka had contact with them? Anything beyond normal trade or something when he was younger?
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:11 pm

whit10 wrote:I don't know... Mr. GM, has Neraka had contact with them?  Anything beyond normal trade or something when he was younger?

Neraka (or any of the PCs) has never been in this territory before.  It's true, the Navaho do trade silver and other things with neighboring tribes. Neraka's druidic training reminds him there is a circle of druids in the mountains, beyond the treeline.

How about a History check for more details...
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain Left_bar_bleue19/19Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain Left_bar_bleue1/0Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:26 pm

That'll have to be someone else then... no History skill and no bonus from Int.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:27 pm

Any character can attempt any skill.

Oli notices that all the Ergos can speak, except for Candy, which seems the dumbest of them. The medium-sized ones appear to be better suited for labor, rather than battle. They are more like droids.

Traveler seems to be the only one excited to get extra steeds. It's fine if some PCs want to travel by foot, but the trek will only take 5 days, rather than 3.

(cue cowboy trail music)

The road from town to the mountains winds through desert for a time. Then it leads towards higher elevation. A range of mountains rise in the distance.

Several hours pass and the greenery thickens as the road steadily climbs. The terrain has trees and shrubs and the occasional stream. The road dwindles to a rugged, rocky trail.

The path becomes woodsy and lakes can be seen in the area.

Dusk falls and the heroes find they have traveled much further than anticipated. The horses stumble under the long shadows. They whinny, wanting to rest. It would be safest to stop and make camp.

Further ahead, the heroes see a stone bridge crossing a narrow stream.

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]" />
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:32 pm

The party moves up nearer to the bridge. They can see the surrounding vicinity and decide where to make camp.

There are large boulders, trees, and other terrain features. A ravine is next to the trail.

*I didn't place the ergos, figuring they are back in sphere form, inside Oli's wagon. I also have Monk in JP's wagon, and Virgil on his horse. Neraka and JH are on foot.
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain Left_bar_bleue60/112Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:39 pm

" I be used to walkin', but if riddin' in the wagon suits, Im kin to that. Not much of a horse that will carry me rightly."

Last edited by MAS on Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:57 pm

any character can use any skill... which is bloody pointless when you have no modifiers.

Roll(1d20)+0:
    4,+0
    Total:4

....my point.
    Chirs2
    Chirs2

Post  Chirs2 Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:46 pm

Rob - nice job on the pictures. I really see a whole day's journey, sunrise to sunset, well done.

I don't care where we camp, assuming the weather is good.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:15 pm

Weather is clear, but cool.

Does the party make a fire?

Who takes watch? If so, what is the order of shifts?
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:44 pm

"I never fall sleepin' too easy....happy to mind the fire for a spell first watch."
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:38 pm

Neraka will volunteer for midnight watch.... "I like to watch the skies at night. It is also a good time to be at harmony with the wilds."
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain Left_bar_bleue68/68Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:03 am

Oli will show candy the same kindness none-the-less. JH can ride along.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:29 am

Since they're taking watch, I'll need Perception checks from JH and Neraka.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:04 am

Neraka...

Perception:

Roll(1d20)+9:
    16,+9
    Total:25
    Arcturus2
    Arcturus2

Post  Arcturus2 Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:21 am

Monk wasn't excited about extra horses.. I was out of character,  just exploring possibilities. He's happy to walk.

Nice description and images for the day's travel, by the way. Well done.

Before bed, Monk wants to have a talk with Virgil.

He relates his general vision of Esmariah:

Robyo wrote: "My mysterious servant, you have shown your quality this day. Your fair demeanor and consistent striving for goodness and justice in this cynical, chaotic world makes me smile. Yet, I must warn you that you have been misled. The demon Zexkallith is a trickster and wielder of smoke and fire and mirrors. A curse you removed from the unfortunate cyclops, yes, but he is still possessed by the diabolical spirit. A ruse it was, to make you go away. When you are powerful enough, perhaps you will gain the power to exorcise demons, but not today. Now you must to the jail, before it is too late!"

And then his spirt journey with Orbyn:

Robyo wrote:"Zexkallith's energy force wandered far and wide through out the continuum. It has at last come to rest, studying a sad and accursed cyclops. It is Pierce, and he works in an Eladrin circus touring the Feywild. Zexkallith saw an opportunity and seized it, possessing the downtrodden cyclops. Using their combined power, the magic of the fiend lord and the bewitched brawn of the cyclops, they have become a force to be reckoned with."

After telling the important seeming bits of the two visions, he pauses.

"Sherriff Virgil, I believe the danger here is greater than we imagine. These extraplanar forces anr an ancient and mighty evil. They are patient and cunning, and pursue their own nefarious aims through uncountable lifetimes of mortal men."

He supresses a shiver at the thought.

"In my spirit journey with Master Orbyn I saw the home world of this creature. The death and destruction this demon has caused are beyond comprehension. If he is here, whatever his part is, we can be sure we are pursuing more than simple marauders."

"If one looks long enough into the abyss, the abyss will look back."
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:53 am

Perception

Result of the throw of dice "1d20 -1" :

17 - 1 = 16
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:12 am

JH takes first watch and the others retire to their tents. The barbarian doesn't notice anything out of the ordinary.

whit10 wrote:Neraka will volunteer for midnight watch.... "I like to watch the skies at night.  It is also a good time to be at harmony with the wilds."

Neraka communes with the stars and the harmony of nature. After a while, his gaze at the cosmos is interrupted by several swift movements of shadow just beyond the firelight.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:18 am

Neraka will send the mouse Gerald, his animal helper, over to Virgil first... Gerald will dance on the gunslingers hat until he wakes up. Gerald will continue to make the rounds until everyone is woken. Should anyone wake up, Neraka will attempt to use hand signals to let everyone know that something is out there.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:56 am

Gerald begins to scurry off, intending to wake Virgil, but he jumps when a vine slides across his path.

Neraka now sees that multiple vines have have creeped into the campsite along the ground, just outside of firelight.

Surprise Round:
    4 Arrows fly from the direction of the stream.
    2 arrows at Gerald:
    23 vs Ref= hit; 13 damage
    23 vs Ref= hit; 9 damage
    Gerald is dead.

2 arrows at Neraka:
    16 vs Ref= miss
    23 vs Ref= 9 damage; + poison: 25 vs Con = Neraka is poisoned, he will take wound damage in 2 rounds.

Round One:
    Everyone should roll initiative. Only Neraka can act this round, since the rest of the party is unconscious.

The first round a character wakes up from sleep they are exhausted condition. The round after that, they can act normally.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain Left_bar_bleue68/68Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:09 am

Olis init: 11+2=13 affraid 
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:06 am

JOHN @$#%!%@ HENRY init =

Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +4" :

13 + 4 = 17
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:16 am

dude, I don't really care that much, but... they hit a mouse at night with arrows?  Doesn't being Tiny afford any protection or is Clint Eastwood out there with a bow and some clones?

At any rate... "GERALD!!! You will be avenged!!"

Neraka is NOT poisoned.  He has a 26 Fort vs. Poison, so he just takes the damage.  Swift action - wolf out, can Neraka see anything with his Darkvision down by the stream?  Neraka will also activate his Protective bracelet and he will roar (just in case folks didn't wake up).  Initiative for later:

Roll(1d20)+2:
    17,+2
    Total:19

Neraka's vitality: 35/46
    Chirs2
    Chirs2

Post  Chirs2 Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:33 pm

some watch dog  Rolling Eyes 

Initiative Virgil

Roll(1d20)+5:
    17,+5
    Total:22
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:58 pm

whit10 wrote:dude, I don't really care that much, but... they hit a mouse at night with arrows?  Doesn't being Tiny afford any protection or is Clint Eastwood out there with a bow and some clones?

At any rate... "GERALD!!!  You will be avenged!!"

Neraka is NOT poisoned.  He has a 26 Fort vs. Poison, so he just takes the damage.  Swift action - wolf out, can Neraka see anything with his Darkvision down by the stream?  Neraka will also activate his Protective bracelet and he will roar (just in case folks didn't wake up).  Initiative for later:

Roll(1d20)+2:
    17,+2
    Total:19

Neraka's vitality: 35/46

Neraka and his mouse were being watched for awhile. The archers were waiting for either to make a move.

With darkvision, Neraka sees two figures across the stream. There are also vine-creatures moving towards the camp.

Josh, this is what your character sheet says:
    "Saves:
    Fort: +13
    Reflex: +8 (+6 if large)
    Will: +7
    +2 bonus on saves to resist disease, poison, and nausea. +5 vs. fatigue or exhaustion
    +2 vs. all magic abilities"

A little difficult to calculate attack rolls, dude.

*Still waiting to hear Monk's init, and I'll post updated map later today.

whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:40 pm

oh fuck, that's my bad dude. I updated the character before we started... lower strength and higher con. That's what I have been playing from. It's updated right now. I'm really sorry for that.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:41 pm

whit10 wrote:Just to bring it up, and again, I don't really care all that much that the mouse died (dude can just conjure another one) but it seems weird to me that I can't find adjustments for size categories anywhere. I know this is a bit scaled down as to rules and such, but it seems just a bit off to me that a tiny creature would be as easy to hit as a giant one.

...just sayin.

Well, I see that Animal Helper says you can summon a mouse for one hour. So Gerald would have actually already left the party. And he's not a familiar nor even an animal companion, but the ability does say the Tiny animal's saves are equal to yours. That actually works against Gerald's favor, since typically, compared to a Medium creature, a Tiny creature gains +5 bonus to Reflex.

The ability doesn't say what level the animal is. I figured he was a 2nd level mouse.

Gerald also doesn't gain concealment from darkness, since he was in the firelight.

Gerald's toast. But like you said, Neraka can summon a new mouse without guilt.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:43 pm

This image shows everyone's position:

This is more what the camp scene looks like, with Neraka on watch, everyone else in tents and asleep:

Here's the scene as it's become:

There are vine-creepers, a shambling mound, and a violet fungus closing in on the camp, and two archers down by the stream:
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:54 pm

How deep is the water?

Would one have to swim to cross it?

Looks like about a 5-10 ft span near the archers?
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:51 pm

Water is 3' deep at it's narrowest channels, and gets deeper in the pools and lakes. There is moderate current in the stream so water terrain is x2 movement.
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:49 pm

Robyo wrote:Water is 3' deep at it's narrowest channels, and gets deeper in the pools and lakes. There is moderate current in the stream so water terrain is x2 movement.

Thanks
    Chirs2
    Chirs2

Post  Chirs2 Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:06 pm

really nice looking gameboard there, Mr. GM  cheers 

so it looks like there are overlays that you are using, like the campsite, the wagons, etc.

Any knowledge of the walking shrubbery?

Are the archers human, humanoid, can't see well enough? (Virgil has low light)
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:26 am

Thanks, Chris. I'm using Dungeon Tiles for mapping this encounter.

Robyo wrote:Only Neraka can act this round, since the rest of the party is unconscious.

The first round a character wakes up from sleep they are exhausted condition. The round after that, they can act normally.

Still awaiting Monk's initiative...
    Chirs2
    Chirs2

Post  Chirs2 Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:16 am

Robyo wrote:
    Robyo wrote:Only Neraka can act this round, since the rest of the party is unconscious.

Still awaiting Monk's initiative...

Maybe it's a tactical decision to delay our inevitable death?

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
    Arcturus2
    Arcturus2

Post  Arcturus2 Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:01 pm

Sorry, been a busy weekend.

Monk's Initiative: 1d20 +2 (14+2)=16
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:52 pm

whit10 wrote:At any rate... "GERALD!!!  You will be avenged!!

Robyo wrote:Gerald's toast.

Negatory. Animal Helper says Gerald also gets Neraka's Vitality, so he's still kickin. Good for him and my bad for missing that. I just figured he was 2nd level creature, but he's really more like a mini-PC. That's a handy power for Basic tier.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:19 pm

Round 1 Initiative:
    1 - Virgil
    2 - Neraka
    3 - JH
    4 - Traveler
    5 - Oli
    6 - Archer 1
    7 - Arch 2
    8 - Fungi
    9 - Creeper Vine 1 (M)
    10 - Creeper 2 (L)
    11 - Shambler

Neraka wolfs-out and roars, which awakens the others. Gerald may have been hit with arrows, but not poisoned or killed, and continues on his mission to find Virgil.

However, it is Neraka that alerts the party. The party is no longer unconscious, they are exhausted: -5 to all d20 rolls and saves, and 1/2 speed. The conditon lasts for one round.

It's the middle the night, so consider the shadowy illumination of the firelight and the darkness of the woods. For normal vision, there is 40' radius of illumination around the campfire. Low-light vision 80'.

I gave out a freebie factoid about the depth of the water, but the rest of the info of the scene is up to your characters to explore.

Virgil is up.
    Chirs2
    Chirs2

Post  Chirs2 Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:32 pm

So what can Virgil actually see?

I guess I am confused if he is actually inside a tent or if that was just a representation. Virgil has lowlight vision.

did we ever determine if there was a penalty to firing a gun while prone? I remember discussing it the first time around with WW, sniper position, using a gun as being different than using a bow, etc, but I don't recall what was ever decided.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:47 pm

I'm fairly certain that PF doesn't assign penalties to shooting while prone (bows not included)... can't find anything for this game though
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:05 pm

Yes, your guys are in tents. I received zero input on how anyone wanted to proceed with making camp, finding it's location, setting watch, traps, or anything, so it is what it is. Virgil cannot see out of the tent, unless he exits or rips a hole in the side.

Robyo wrote:JH takes first watch and the others retire to their tents. The barbarian doesn't notice anything out of the ordinary.

Robyo wrote:This is more what the camp scene looks like, with Neraka on watch, everyone else in tents and asleep:

The -5 penalty to attack rolls for being prone is only when fighting foes that are adjacent.
    Chirs2
    Chirs2

Post  Chirs2 Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:49 pm

Robyo wrote:Yes, your guys are in tents. I received zero input on how anyone wanted to proceed with making camp, finding it's location, setting watch, traps, or anything, so it is what it is. Virgil cannot see out of the tent, unless he exits or rips a hole in the side.

The -5 penalty to attack rolls for being prone is only when fighting foes that are adjacent.

Sure, no problem.  I am just trying to separate meta-knowledge from Virgil's knowledge.

Virgil awakens to Neraka's roar.  He grabs his Spencer, which he sleeps next to, and begins to crawl (1/2 or 1/4 speed?) out of the tent (I am assuming it is an old fashioned pup-tent, not a modern dome).  

From the look of the earlier maps, I think Virgil could see at least the Shambler (?) and maybe the violet fungus (?), by crawling 1 sq (south) out of the tent, towards Neraka and at the visible tent slit\door. I am not positive which tokens are which creatures.

GM - can you confirm his possible targets and movement speed?

Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:28 am

Chirs2 wrote:Virgil awakens to Neraka's roar.  He grabs his Spencer, which he sleeps next to, and begins to crawl (1/2 or 1/4 speed?) out of the tent (I am assuming it is an old fashioned pup-tent, not a modern dome).  

From the look of the earlier maps, I think Virgil could see at least the Shambler (?) and maybe the violet fungus (?), by crawling 1 sq (south) out of the tent, towards Neraka and at the visible tent slit\door.  I am not positive which tokens are which creatures.

GM - can you confirm his possible targets and movement speed?

A prone character can move 1/2 speed (crawl). Virgil begins at I-18. If he moves (south) to J-19, he will be adjacent to a creeper vine. The shambling mound (H-23) has cover behind the tree. The other vine is behind Virgil's tent (H-16) and the fungi is across the campsite (O-23).
    Chirs2
    Chirs2

Post  Chirs2 Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:26 am

New Day -

Grit
    Result of the throw of dice "1d4 +1" :

1 + 1 = 2

variable vitality
    Result of the throw of dice "1d6" :

Robyo wrote:
    A prone character can move 1/2 speed (crawl). Virgil begins at I-18. If he moves (south) to J-19, he will be adjacent to a creeper vine. The shambling mound (H-23) has cover behind the tree. The other vine is behind Virgil's tent (H-16) and the fungi is across the campsite (O-23).

Great, thanks for the clarification!

Virgil awakens to Neraka's roar and grabbing his Spencer begins to crawl out of the slit in the tent to J-19.  He is startled, "By Loki!" when he sees a walking plant creature next to him (adjacent creeper vine).  Virgil will roll (acrobatics - tumble) to his right to K-19, away from the Creeper

Acrobatics check DC15
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +12" :

17 + 12 = 29

Virgil will use his Eldritch Senses on the Creeper to determine its vulnerabilities (swift, 30' range), Arcana DC 15
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +8" :

3 + 8 = 11

"Tarnation!"

Virgil will Hustle (-1 vitality) to activate Gun Magic (Shocking Grasp -2 vitality)  "Light 'em up, Stolgar!"  and take 2 shots at the Creeping Vine

1st shot (at -5 for exhausted) +17 -5 = +12
    1d20 +12" :

11 + 12 = 23  vs reflex

if that hits
    Result of the throw of dice "2d10 +13" :

2 + 1 + 13 = 16

SHocking grasp vs Fort

19 + 12 = 31

if that hits, Daze plus 5d6

Result of the throw of dice "5d6" :

6 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 2 = 13

2nd shot vs reflex

6 + 12 = 18

if that hits
    Result of the throw of dice "2d10 +13" :

3 + 3 + 13 = 19

Crying or Very sad crappy dice this round, jeesh

43\46 vitality
    2\2 grit
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:30 pm

To be clear, it wasn't a full 6 hour rest, so the Grit and Vitality is from the morning before. Which is fine, since it wasn't used yet during that long day's travels.

Virgil is exhausted, so -5 to all d20 rolls, including skill checks, and 1/2 movement: 15 feet.

Acrobatics (tumble) is at 1/2 movement (of 1/2): 7.5 feet. Since he's already moved 5 feet, I don't see how he can pull this off. Maybe if the DC was 10 higher? But then he still gets a -5. Or Virgil takes an AoO from the vine. Or you can rethink your turn?

Otherwise, the attack/damages look good.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:39 pm

Actually, don't worry about it. We don't need to dicker about the minutiae of movement. Tumble is a nice trick to avoid AoO, but it's a little unrealistic when the character is exhausted/half-asleep. Actually kind of comical to imagine a half-asleep gunfighter flipping away from a vine.

The plant takes damage and gets shocked, but doesn't seemed to be dazed.

Neraka is up.
    Chirs2
    Chirs2

Post  Chirs2 Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:43 pm

Robyo wrote:Yeah, don't worry about it. We don't need to dicker about the tactics. Tumble is a nice trick to avoid AoO, but it's a little unrealistic when the character is exhausted/half-asleep. Actually kind of comical to imagine a half-asleep gunfighter flipping away from a vine.

The plant takes damage and gets shocked, but doesn't seemed to be dazed.

Neraka is up.

Or Virgil could spend a faith point, all he needs is +1 to make the tumble check. I forgot that it was -5 to skills to, so his tumble is 24, not 29 and would just miss DC 25

I was actually liking the Jacki Chan drunken-sleeping-monkey style evasion! I have stumbled around, half asleep and could see myself lurching awkwardly to avoid a perceived threat and then blasting away half-cocked.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:42 pm

Virgil Spend a Faith Point or take an AoO. You decide which.

Next up: Neraka

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:52 pm