MAS
Robyo
6 posters

Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain

Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0/0Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0/0Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain - Page 4 Empty Re: Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain

Post  Robyo Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:01 pm

OK, Oli goes to J-11, next to Monk.

Thunder Wave is a Boon from Iris. It has range of 30', knocks prone all creatures within it's cone (no save). Oli casts it on the archer behind the rock and he is knocked down. It costs 5 vitality and 1 Faith Point because it's a Basic Boon.

Ray targets the tree next to him, but holds his fire. He reasons that the horses are tied to the tree and perhaps master would not approve if he incinerated the tree with the horses tied to it.

Candy holds action, pending orders.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain - Page 4 Empty Re: Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain

Post  Robyo Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:49 pm

The archer by the boulder stands up. He shoots two arrows at Monk.
    1) 11 vs Ref = miss
    2) 19 vs Ref = miss

Then the archer by the stream throws a dagger at Oli.
    24 vs Ref = 10 damage

The shambler makes ready to pummel Neraka, but stops suddenly, as if frozen.

Then Traveler then has a vision come into his mind. The monk sees a strange figure of green femininity, seeming to look into his very soul.
    [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

"Why have thou come?" she asks. "Your companions I can not read so easily, but I sense in you a purity of heart. The divine wind originated through thee." Then she frowns and her green eyes blaze bright. "You have brought here instruments of death. The weapons of the dark ones. If you are in a pact with them, you will perish here this day."

The tree next to Ray begins to move. The horses whinny in surprise and fear. Their ropes fall harmlessly to the ground and the tree transforms into a huge treant.

"Can I aid thee, Mistress?" he asks.

Round 4, +3

1 - Virgil, K-18
    2 - Neraka, I-22
    3 - JH, M-20
    4 - Traveller, K-12
    5 - Oli, J-11
    6 - A1, G-5
    7 - A2, L-9
    8 - Shambler, H-23
    9- Treant, M-16

Virgil is up.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue68/68Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:49 pm

I know theres a lot to keep track. Oli has thunder wave from mage-blade through the minor arcanna arcannist ability.

The wagon is a horseless carriage. Ray can kill the tree.

Oli vitality: 29
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:55 pm

navyik wrote:Ray can kill the tree.

Ray blasts the treant.
    23 vs Ref = 40 damage
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:03 pm

navyik wrote:I know theres a lot to keep track.  Oli has thunder wave from mage-blade through the minor arcanna arcannist ability.  

The wagon is a horseless carriage.

Okay, Minor Arcana, got it. How about Oli's deity? Did you pick one?

I know Oli has a horseless carriage, but the horses are JP's and Virgil's.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue68/68Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:25 pm

Oh... Then ray probably doesnt kill the tree.

Oli is genuinely curious and skeptically open minded to any source of supernatural phenomena.  He finds the holy texts of the followers of Esmariah quite interesting and uplifting.  He has a prayer book and a deacons catechism.
    Chirs2
    Chirs2

Post  Chirs2 Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:33 pm

Let's hope Monk can work his mojo on Greenvyne Goddess here.

Virgil will use his move action for Gun Magic - Animate Rope (-2 vit) and take 2 shots, first at the archer with the bow, the second at the nearly dead one

1st shot +3 escalation vs Reflex
    Roll(1d20)+20:
    11,+20
    Total:31

damage 2d10 +16
    Roll(2d10)+16:
    2,9,+16
    Total:27

Animate Rope vs reflex
    Roll(1d20)+20:
    12,+20
    Total:32

CT - Artificer = Animate Rope - You conjure a 30-ft-long magic rope into
    your hand. On your verbal command as a standard action, it either
    extends rigidly to afford climbing, binds a helpless Medium or Small
    adjacent foe, or entangles an adjacent Medium or Small target if
    you beat the target’s Reflex. An entangled foe cannot draw items
    or move from its space unless it resists using Reflex.
    The rope lasts
    1 hour and has 5 hit points and a DR equal to ½ your level. You can
    only have 1 rope at a time.

Cannot draw items - here the effect is against him drawing additional arrows, removing his ability to use his bow or draw another wpn, plus he cannot move

2nd shot vs nearly dead archer vs reflex
    Roll(1d20)+20:
    8,+20
    Total:28

damage
    Roll(2d10)+16:
    3,5,+16
    Total:24

if that kills him, +1 grit

30\46 vit
    7\8 wounds
    3 grit  (started at 3 -1 +1 -1 +1)
    3\4 FP
    6 DR
    Arcturus2
    Arcturus2

Post  Arcturus2 Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:38 pm

Metaknowledge-

It'd probably be best if nobody attacks the treant until Monk can try to interact with the Goddess on his turn.. She's likely sympathetic to our cause.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:44 pm

Ray doesn't shoot the treant. His eyes light up though, just for an instant.

Virgil shoots the first archer and he is entangled.

The second archer is also shot and collapses, dead.

Neraka is up.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue19/19Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue1/0Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:49 pm

Neraka, quite frustrated from not being able to rip apart a plant, bellows in defiance and chomps down with teeth and claws... again. (dammit)

Bite Attack:

Roll(1d20)+14:
    20,+14
    Total:34

HAH! Crit and max damage: 24, no DR

Claws:

Roll(1d20)+14:
    2,+14
    Total:16

Doh! nevermind on that one
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:11 pm

whit10 wrote:Claws:

Roll(1d20)+14:
    2,+14

Doh!  nevermind on that one

That's a hit, actually. It's a plant, it's not very fast. Roll damage please.

The Bite attack wounded it.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:13 pm

map updated:
    [Only admins are allowed to see this image]" />

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]" />
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue60/112Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:19 pm

"What ntha hell!"

John Henry is confused....

Hold action until end of round.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue19/19Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue1/0Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:48 pm

Really?  I only miss on a 1?  Coolllll

Damage:

Roll(2d6)+7:
    3,6,+7

and if that's the case. I'd like to spend a faith point to try and finish him off. Is that ok?
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:24 pm

whit10 wrote:I'd like to spend a faith point to try and finish him off.  Is that ok?

No need, the shambler is dead.

JH is confused.

Traveller is up.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:33 pm

Neraka roars in triumph!
    Chirs2
    Chirs2

Post  Chirs2 Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:44 pm

whit10 wrote:Neraka roars in triumph!

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
    Arcturus2
    Arcturus2

Post  Arcturus2 Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:35 am

[quote="Robyo"

Then Traveler then has a vision come into his mind. The monk sees a strange figure of green femininity, seeming to look into his very soul.

"Why have thou come?" she asks. "Your companions I can not read so easily, but I sense in you a purity of heart. The divine wind originated through thee." Then she frowns and her green eyes blaze bright. "You have brought here instruments of death. The weapons of the dark ones. If you are in a pact with them, you will perish here this day."

The tree next to Ray begins to move. The horses whinny in surprise and fear. Their ropes fall harmlessly to the ground and the tree transforms into a huge treant.

"Can I aid thee, Mistress?" he asks.

[/quote]

Monk is astonished by the wood nymph Goddess that appears in his mind.

He feels her gaze peering inside his very being and knows she speaks truth.

He snaps instantly into his meditative trance state of being. Years of training and meditation in his monastery home help him to focus. He quickly organizes his thoughts into a coherent message to the Mysterious Goddess before him.

Using an unspoken blend of memories, colors, feelings, and images, in his mind he replies to her..

My lady, we enter your realm without quarrel. It is true that the men with me have taken up the machines of the dark ones. They were captured in battle yesterday. But they are not evil; merely tools used by evil. Simply machines.

Indeed, it is a great evil we pursue.

The Sherriff Virgil and his friends believe we chase mere criminals, but my Lady Esmariah has made known to me, her humble servant, that we hunt an ancient monster. The very antithesis of life and light. We come in pursuit of the demon Zexkallith.

This monster has posessed the body of a mortal for reasons beyond my knowledge, but where he goes, death goes with him. He lays waste to all he touches.

My purpose is to bring peace and aid to all those in need, my
    Lady. These men need help to cleanse their lands of the curse upon them. I seek to preserve life. We are not your enemies.

The men with me are good men, but perhaps misguided. Show us patience and mercy, Good Lady. Allow us to seek out and stop whatever evil plot is unfolding, if we can. If you will, please let us pass unharmed.

Turning to his friends, he raises his arms and holds out his palms. He calls out "The Green Lady of the Woods is with me! Do not harm her Servant! Hold your arms!"
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:10 am

The green lady seems to study the monk intently as he (mentally) pleads his words. In his mind however, her image is already beginning to fade.

How about a Diplomacy check? Since you did some nice RP, take advantage (roll 2d20 and pick the highest).

Oli is up.
    Chirs2
    Chirs2

Post  Chirs2 Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:08 am

[quote="Arcturus2"]
    Using an unspoken blend of memories, colors, feelings, and images, in his mind he replies to her..
    My lady, we enter your realm without quarrel. It is true that the men with me have taken up the machines of the dark ones. They were captured in battle yesterday. But they are not evil; merely tools used by evil. Simply machines.
    Indeed, it is a great evil we pursue.
    The Sherriff Virgil and his friends believe we chase mere criminals, but my Lady Esmariah has made known to me, her humble servant, that we hunt an ancient monster. The very antithesis of life and light. We come in pursuit of the demon Zexkallith.
    This monster has posessed the body of a mortal for reasons beyond my knowledge, but where he goes, death goes with him. He lays waste to all he touches.
    My purpose is to bring peace and aid to all those in need, my
    Lady. These men need help to cleanse their lands of the curse upon them. I seek to preserve life. We are not your enemies.
    The men with me are good men, but perhaps misguided. Show us patience and mercy, Good Lady. Allow us to seek out and stop whatever evil plot is unfolding, if we can. If you will, please let us pass unharmed.

Stephen: Fine speech. Now what do we do?

William Wallace: Just be yourselves.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:29 am

"at least we didn't get dressed up for nuthin"
    Arcturus2
    Arcturus2

Post  Arcturus2 Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:32 am

Robyo wrote:The green lady seems to study the monk intently as he (mentally) pleads his words. In his mind however, her image is already beginning to fade.

How about a Diplomacy check? Since you did some nice RP, take advantage (roll 2d20 and pick the highest).

Oli is up.

Diplomacy check, good call. Didn't think of that at 3:30 am  Sleep 

1d20+1 (3+1)=4

Uhoh..

1d20@1 (16+1)=17

I suppose escalation doesn't apply.

Oh well. There we have it.

I thought it would be interesting to play a character who didn't always try to kill everything. Turns out it's tough.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:49 pm

Arcturus2 wrote:I thought it would be interesting to play a character who didn't always try to kill everything.  Turns out it's tough.

This party is seriously weighted towards the brute end of the spectrum. Oli covers some utility, but not so much the face. Maybe Gerald should take some levels in bard, or something.

The green lady smiles and seems to consider Traveller's story, then she fades into green light (in his vision).
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:12 pm

Gerald has levels?
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:00 pm

whit10 wrote:Gerald has levels?

Not really... I was kidding. Although a mouse bard/face of the party would be interesting. Maybe if you pick up another ability that allows a full-blown companion animal/character?
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:10 pm

Wasn't planning on it. Neraka might be taking some other Druid powers though, eventually.
    Chirs2
    Chirs2

Post  Chirs2 Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:29 pm

Robyo wrote:

Not really... I was kidding. Although a mouse bard/face of the party would be interesting. Maybe if  you pick up another ability that allows a full-blown companion animal/character?

Sounds like a Nosferatu I had in Vampire once..... a big Nosferatu with a rat on his shoulder. The big Nosferatu was the 5pt henchman, the rat was the PC. (protean 3 or 4 alternate shape of rat instead of wolf\bat) He just stayed in rat form and nobody paid any attention to him.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:00 pm

that, was a cool character!
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue60/112Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:46 pm

Chirs2 wrote:
    Robyo wrote:

Not really... I was kidding. Although a mouse bard/face of the party would be interesting. Maybe if  you pick up another ability that allows a full-blown companion animal/character?

Sounds like a Nosferatu I had in Vampire once.....  a big Nosferatu with a rat on his shoulder.  The big Nosferatu was the 5pt henchman, the rat was the PC. (protean 3 or 4 alternate shape of rat instead of wolf\bat)  He just stayed in rat form and nobody paid any attention to him.  

Slick. We should link him up with the Malkavian who thinks he is a Vampire.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:13 pm

Robyo wrote:

A mini-me weremouse!!!
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:25 pm

Oli hears the monk's alert. "Ah... Well...th...these guys dont look like technicians or uh... D...demons to me, and ah f...ellas (to archers) we are n... NOT here to hurt you.

Oli readies a magic missle if attacked.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:32 am

The last archer is entangled in magical rope, but doesn't struggle. He calmly watches the scene unfold.

The treant eyes the party for a moment.  Suspect
    Seemingly satisfied he isn't about to be attacked, he walks over to the stream. The treant gently lifts the fallen archer from the muck.

"Mistress Gyana tells me that you folk claim to be working to stop the dark ones. Yet, you travel with darktech. I will hold your motives suspect, until you prove otherwise. Know this: life and death are but simple states of activity and rest within the mighty power of Lord Greenwyrm."

Holding the corpse in his gnarly hands, he bows his head and murmurs a silent prayer in the primordial tongue. A green light begins to emanate from the felled archer.

In Nature’s Arms: A weald lord treant can reincarnate a dead person... the body must have died in the past 7
    days. After 10 minutes, the corpse crumples to dust. Simultaneously, the person returns to life in a fresh youthful body that emerges nearby from the earth. The person’s new race is determined randomly. If the target has ever killed another person, there is a 1 in 4 chance he returns as that other race or sex. The person loses all statistics and abilities of his previous race for the new race and vaguely recalls narrative details of his former life. He keeps all his other statistics such as class, deity, level, and theme. Sometimes, a weald lord will reincarnate a chaotic person as a fey creature or a neutral person as a treant or other sentient plant. Costs 25 vitality

"My name is Blue Twig and I serve the Emerald Lady as Greenwyrm's emissary. The collective known as the Wardens of the Woods followed you since you entered these lands. They suspected you of working for the dark ones, having detected the vile signature of your darktech golems.That is why they attacked you. But Gyana thinks their judgement may have been rash."
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:54 am

(the Ent just blew 25 Vitality - he is vulnerable, ATTACK!)

Twisted Evil 

jk.
    Arcturus2
    Arcturus2

Post  Arcturus2 Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:37 am

Wow. Solid info we got just now. Glad we have a chance to possibly gain allies and NOT travel 3 more days through hostile territory.

Monk's Diplomacy isn't the greatest, how's everyone else's?

As Sherriff, does Virgil speak for us?

Is the combat round over?
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:59 am

Combat is effectively over, unless someone wants to get aggressive. Negotiations are presently in effect. Anyone can speak.

MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:08 am

"grrrumph. I needs a drink awiskey. Dam rude way'ta intriduce ya'self. Next time just walk up an' say hello rather'n ya wake folks up and sting they eyes."
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:49 am

Neraka will change back to normal and use Second Wind to regain 4d6 Vitality

3,2,6,6,+0
    Total:17

17 Vitality Regained
    Chirs2
    Chirs2

Post  Chirs2 Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:50 pm

Arcturus2 wrote:Wow. Solid info we got just now. Glad we have a chance to possibly gain allies and NOT travel 3 more days through hostile territory.

Monk's Diplomacy isn't the greatest, how's everyone else's?

As Sherriff, does Virgil speak for us?

Great job, Traveler.

Nah, Virgil is the more the “People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” (Churchill via Orwell via Kipling) type of Sheriff.

I agree with Rob, we could use a Face-man, but c'est vida loca.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:17 pm

MAS wrote:"grrrumph. I needs a drink awiskey. Dam rude way'ta intriduce ya'self. Next time just walk up an' say hello rather'n ya wake folks up and sting they eyes."

The ent raises a woody eyebrow. "Unfortunately, I do not have this stuff you call whiskey... Perhaps I can you bring you some sweet nectar of the saplings? It is true that I am unfamiliar with your human customs, but I thought I did just introduce myself? My name is Blue Twig and you are? And to reiterate, it was the wardens that attacked you. They thought you worked for those known as the dark ones, who sometimes wander into these woods. Mistress Gyana, who protects this realm, awoke me, to help alleviate tensions."

He continues wielding reincarnation magic in the form of green energy upon the fallen archer's body.

Virgil needs to roll for his ropes again, if he still wants the other archer to be entangled.
    Chirs2
    Chirs2

Post  Chirs2 Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:45 pm

Virgil will let the spell dissolve, "Sorry, pardner." he tips his hat to the Warden.

to the Ent, "Shepard of the Forest, forgive our intrusion. We come on a sacred mission. In a vision from Stolgar, I saw a White Mountain. After a dark wizard, a demonic cyclops and a metal worm attacked our city, Stolgar directed me to the White Mountain to find the source of the evil attacking my people. Will you grant us an escort to the White Mountain?"

Diplomacy check
    Roll(1d20)+-1:
    10,+-1
    Total:9

Heroic Mein, reroll
    Roll(1d20)+-1:
    15,+-1
    Total:14
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:22 pm

John Henry continues to mutter as he wanders back to his bunk. "Wernt talking to you ya leafy headed sop...."
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:27 pm

Oli walks right up to bluetwig, "k...kinda like a big fella n...amed 'tiny' heh heh!  I...I'm Olistaff. (Offering his hand).  Ah...I am s...sorry for the uh... Conf...fusion.  We did accquire the urgos from," (quotes with fingers) "the b...bad guys, but I a...am teeeeaching them to think more responsibly. (Sternly) Your...ah...buddies there ought not judge a b...book by its cover ya know. W...well we coulda killed somebody!"

Diplomacy 13-1=12
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:37 pm

The treant considers for a moment what the heroes have said.

"It is difficult to consider the war-golems can be or trusted or used for anything except evil, but we shall see. I agree to be your guide through this realm. Gyana's territory ends at the base of White Mountain. I can accompany you as far as that."

The archer approaches and introduces himself. He is an elf, calling himself the Green Ranger.

The treant greets him and then dismisses him, instructing the Green Ranger to warn the other wardens of the company's passing. "I swear, the wardens will be told," he says. "We well be ever vigilant. There are many other strange things in the woods to be wary of," he warns, and then departs.

After ten minutes time, the body of the slain archer turns to dust. Soon thereafter, a gnome and badger approaches the party.

"I am Klandor and I will help however I can."
    Chirs2
    Chirs2

Post  Chirs2 Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:24 am

that attack was during the 2nd watch, so we actually need to all go back to sleep, right?

so we are fully rested for the next day?
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:26 am

Chirs2 wrote:that attack was during the 2nd watch, so we actually need to all go back to sleep, right?

so we are fully rested for the next day?

Correct. It is still dark, early AM.
    Chirs2
    Chirs2

Post  Chirs2 Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:26 am

Virgil will trust the Treant.....

stoke the fire
    no tent

Sleep 
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:25 pm

Blue Twig and Klandor are happy to keep watch the rest of the night. But if you guys don't completely trust them, that's fine and someone else can also keep watch (on the watchers).

The next morning, Blue Twig remarks, "There were nothing out of the ordinary last night, except for a short time, this one felt deep tremors coming from the northeast, the direction of White Mountain."

"Likely, the dark ones have found a way to circumvent our forest," says Klandor. "The wardens have been giving them hell for the last few months. They don't come around here much anymore." The badger squeaks in agreement.

"When you are ready, we will depart," says Blue Twig. "Do you prefer to take the road or not? This one knows many ways to the mountain."
    Arcturus2
    Arcturus2

Post  Arcturus2 Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:46 pm

Robyo wrote:Blue Twig and Klandor are happy to keep watch the rest of the night. But if you guys don't completely trust them, that's fine and someone else can also keep watch (on the watchers).

The next morning, Blue Twig remarks, "There were nothing out of the ordinary last night, except for a short time, this one felt deep tremors coming from the northeast, the direction of White Mountain."

"Likely, the dark ones have found a way to circumvent our forest," says Klandor. "The wardens have been giving them hell for the last few months. They don't come around here much anymore." The badger squeaks in agreement.

"When you are ready, we will depart," says Blue Twig. "Do you prefer to take the road or not? This one knows many ways to the mountain."

Monk awakens refreshed. He says his morning prayers, and shaves and washes in the stream. He wanders overin time to hear Blue Twig's report.

"The attackers who came to the Sherriff's town of Pestilence came by tunnel. Perhaps the tremors were the dark ones moving earth with their 'dark tech'? Perhaps they have found ways to travel long distance underground."

Monk will look around through the wagons and locate whatever rations the posse brought. He busies himself preparing breakfast for the party.

"Perhaps we shouldn't continue to White Mountain on the road, if Master Blue Twig has a safer and more expeditious route."

Nodding towards the snoring tent,

"Does anyone care to risk waking John Henry for coffee?"
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:27 pm

Arcturus2 wrote:"The attackers who came to the Sherriff's town of Pestilence came by tunnel. Perhaps the tremors were the dark ones moving earth with their 'dark tech'? Perhaps they have found ways to travel long distance underground."

Monk will look around through the wagons and locate whatever rations the posse brought. He busies himself preparing breakfast for the party.

"Perhaps we shouldn't continue to White Mountain on the road,  if Master Blue Twig has a safer and more expeditious route."

Nodding towards the snoring tent,

"Does anyone care to risk waking John Henry for coffee?"

The badger squeaks something to Klandor. "No Vyrm, I don't think it's a good idea to go in and try to scare the sleeping goliath," the gnome warns.

At Traveler's words concerning the tremors, Blue Twig raises an eyebrow. "If the dark ones are burrowing tunnels, it will be incredibly difficult to track them."

Then, with a long pointy finger, he draws a map in the dirt.

"I know a mountain pass that will potentially shorten your journey by a few days. The pass is miles from the road, but I can guide the way. The wardens do not visit that region, so it may be dangerous. But if you do choose the road, it is probably safer, but it will take longer. The road will only carry you to the other side of the forest. There is no road on White Mountain."
    Arcturus2
    Arcturus2

Post  Arcturus2 Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:56 pm

Guess we couldn't take the wagons off road anyway..

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 11:36 am