Dropbox - http://www.dropbox.com/

Open Office - http://www.openoffice.org/

5 posters

the twilight is upon me

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    the twilight is upon me - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue35/35the twilight is upon me - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    the twilight is upon me - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/0the twilight is upon me - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

the twilight is upon me - Page 3 Empty Re: the twilight is upon me

Post  Chris Mon May 29, 2017 4:19 pm

Korvaq passes through the fire wall, taking 16 fire damage which is nullified by his resistance.

Korvaq targets the first Necron Warrior and drops him with 1 shot of his disruptor.

Since you said you were specifically trying to hit him twice, do you want to re-target your fireball to another space after seeing the Necron at D-46 go down?

Also, Korvaq would hit himself with the current location affraid

the twilight is upon me - Page 3 Slide118
    the twilight is upon me - Page 3 Slide220
    the twilight is upon me - Page 3 Slide320

Chris wrote:
    ROUND 2 - FIGHT!

Korvaq 21
    Argul 18, Wasps , Ankylo
    NECRON Warriors 15
    Zang\Skree 14
    Rasso 14
    Cmdr Ignis 10
    XXXX swarms 10
    Brick 5
    Necron Pilots + Flying Bombadier Beetles 1

Argul and friends are up after Korvaq
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    the twilight is upon me - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue60/112the twilight is upon me - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    the twilight is upon me - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/0the twilight is upon me - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Mon May 29, 2017 5:27 pm

Chris wrote:

I would agree with your assessment of the fight if it was just the party vs all these mobs...I have confidence that the party will use its resources and adjust its tactics based on what you have learned.

We have a few tricks up our sleeves yet, for sure. Cool

The big threat is coordinated/concentrated fire vs our touch AC from the Necrons.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    the twilight is upon me - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue35/35the twilight is upon me - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon May 29, 2017 5:45 pm

MAS wrote:
    Chris wrote:

I would agree with your assessment of the fight if it was just the party vs all these mobs...I have confidence that the party will use its resources and adjust its tactics based on what you have learned.

We have a few tricks up our sleeves yet, for sure. Cool

The big threat is coordinated/concentrated fire vs our touch AC from the Necrons.

True, but study how they have acted\reacted and plan accordingly.. you do have 12 bullet sponges, er... xenos at your disposal Wink
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    the twilight is upon me - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue60/112the twilight is upon me - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Mon May 29, 2017 5:55 pm

The statement in large text was a warning to my compatriots. I know you know what is threatening us, GM, lol!
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    the twilight is upon me - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue19/19the twilight is upon me - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    the twilight is upon me - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue1/0the twilight is upon me - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Mon May 29, 2017 6:02 pm

the radius for a Fireball is only 20'

..and yes, I'll re-target space G 47
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Mon May 29, 2017 6:45 pm

MAS wrote:Judging by the amount of troops (actions) and dmg laid down by the 1st wave, I forecast a 100% chance of TPK no later than round 5. I'm being generous based on complications from invisibility.  

No worries, Matt. If Argul needs to recoup, Zang has a pile of CMW pots he's happy to share.

*Whenever Chris updates the map, wooly rhinoceros should be on it.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon May 29, 2017 7:01 pm

Robyo wrote:
    MAS wrote:Judging by the amount of troops (actions) and dmg laid down by the 1st wave, I forecast a 100% chance of TPK no later than round 5. I'm being generous based on complications from invisibility.  

No worries, Matt. If Argul needs to recoup, Zang has a pile of CMW pots he's happy to share.

*Whenever Chris updates the map, wooly rhinoceros should be on it.

wooly rhino doesn't appear until the start of Zang's turn Wink

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon May 29, 2017 7:04 pm

whit10 wrote:the radius for a Fireball is only 20'

..and yes, I'll re-target space G 47

that circle is a 20ft radius Wink

the twilight is upon me - Page 3 Radius10

ok, so you are hitting the one that is already down + 1 other?

the twilight is upon me - Page 3 Slide221
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon May 29, 2017 7:06 pm

MAS wrote:The statement in large text was a warning to my compatriots. I know you know what is threatening us, GM, lol!

the twilight is upon me - Page 3 Over-m10

Chris wrote:
    Chris wrote:
    ROUND 2 - FIGHT!

Korvaq 21
    Argul 18, Wasps , Ankylo
    NECRON Warriors 15
    Zang\Skree 14
    Rasso 14
    Cmdr Ignis 10
    XXXX swarms 10
    Brick 5
    Necron Pilots + Flying Bombadier Beetles 1

Argul and friends are up after Korvaq

Last edited by Chris on Mon May 29, 2017 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    the twilight is upon me - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue68/68the twilight is upon me - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Mon May 29, 2017 7:12 pm

J44 about 15' up aeems nice...
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon May 29, 2017 7:16 pm

navyik wrote:J44 about 15' up aeems nice...

for Josh's fireball?

that would hit 2 on the ground + 1 bombardier beetle and the pilot Twisted Evil

and NOT Brick Laughing
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    the twilight is upon me - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue68/68the twilight is upon me - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Mon May 29, 2017 7:59 pm

Self preservation is a Brick Rockman fave.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    the twilight is upon me - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue19/19the twilight is upon me - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    the twilight is upon me - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue1/0the twilight is upon me - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Mon May 29, 2017 8:31 pm

yes, trying to clear a flank
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon May 29, 2017 8:40 pm

whit10 wrote:yes, trying to clear a flank

Ok, Korvaq puts those 2 down with his fireball

Argul is up
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Mon May 29, 2017 11:49 pm

Argul reads from the Scroll of "WALL OF SOUND" and constructs a 200 ft wall to inflict maximum effect on the Necron footsoldiers -

WALL OF SOUND
    school evocation [sonic]; Level bard 4, magus 4, sorcerer/wizard 5
    Casting Time 1 standard action
    Components V, S, M (a tuning fork and a quartz crystal)
    Range medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
    Effect translucent wall of sound up to 20 ft. long/level or a ring of sound with a radius of up to 5 ft./two levels; either form 20 ft. high
    Duration concentration + 1 round/level
    Saving Throw none; Spell Resistance yes
    A translucent barrier of pure sound springs into existence. This wall is silent except for a faint hum, but bursts with discordant noise when touched by an object or creature. The wall deflects arrows, bolts, loose debris, and Small or smaller flying creatures like a wind wall spell, except these things rebound harmlessly rather than being directed upward. The burst of discordant noise deals 2d4 points of sonic damage to creatures within 10 feet of the triggering object or creature; touching or passing through the wall deals 2d6 points of sonic damage + 1 point of sonic damage per caster level (maximum +20). If you evoke the wall so that it appears where creatures are, each creature takes damage as if passing through the wall. A silence spell suppresses the wall within its area, but the wall reappears when the silence ends.

the twilight is upon me - Page 3 Wall_o10

Dmg for those touched by the wall -
    Result of the throw of dice "2d6 +10" :

6 + 1 + 10 = 17

The two flying beetles are within 10 ft of the wall, as it is 20 ft tall, they take proximity dmg -
    Result of the throw of dice "2d4" :

3 + 3 = 6

WASPS delay action

Ankle-Saur =

Attack nearest Necron

Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +14" :

18 + 14 = 32

Dmg if hits

Result of the throw of dice "3d6 +12" :

4 + 3 + 4 + 12 = 23

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue May 30, 2017 12:22 am

affraid awesome idea!

However, I don't think you can shape the wall like that.  Maybe I am wrong, so feel free to argue or correct me here.  It states you can have a wall or ring.  I grant you that it doesn't state the wall has to be all in one line.  But there are several walls, like wall of wind and wall of thorns, that have the following language in their description:

WIND: While the wall must be vertical, you can shape it in any continuous path along the ground that you like. It is possible to create cylindrical or square wind walls to enclose specific points.

THORNS: You can make the wall as thin as 5 feet thick, which allows you to shape the wall as a number of 10-by-10-by-5-foot blocks equal to twice your caster level.

I have checked walls of fire, ice, blades, etc and none of them, including wall of words, have the extra language about freedom to shape the walls.  To me that suggests that a wall is a single line, unless specifically noted that it can be shaped (like into a ring or hemisphere or freely shaped).

study I find this a fascinating and ambiguous issue!

I checked on the PF forums.  Here is an informative note that I think gives guidance here:

Check out Wall of Stone's effect line -

Effect stone wall whose area is up to one 5-ft. square/level (S)
    Unlike a wall of iron, you can create a wall of stone in almost any shape you desire.

It shows it to be "shapeable" with an (S) in the effect line AND states you can shape it in the description.

Wall of Sound has neither the (S) nor any special text

Wall of Thorns has both extra text and Effect wall of thorny brush, up to one 10-ft. cube/level (S)

Wind Wall also has both specific text and Effect wall up to 10 ft./level long and 5 ft./level high (S)

So...  Wall of Sound is not shapeable and must be a single plane up to your max length.  

Please let me know where you want your wall or if you decide on a different action
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Tue May 30, 2017 9:56 am

I'll debate that ruling, as this configuration is 100% legal, RaW.

1) The Wall of Sound description states the following attributes of the WoS, and all of the conditions of this configuration are clearly met by the configuration -

Length = 100+10 ft per level = It does not exceed 200 ft total length

So this allows me to configure the WoS in a 200 ft line - which is exactly what I am doing. It is a single, continuous curved line, by definition = "a continuously bending line, without angles."

NONE of the wall spells state the line must be STRAIGHT. They state that the line must be CONTINOUS - unbroken, not segmented.

Yes, you see corners on the map, due to the blocks I used to show the scale of AoE. Look at it again as a single curved line. I've included an adjusted visual to smooth out the curve a bit.  

2) Your observation about other walls (Stone, i.e.) having "Shapeable" as a property is valid, but to a differing context. That property allows them to form shapes such as rectangles or circles that would enclose the entire "shaped" area with the wall. This configuration is not a "shape" - not a rectangle, circle, etc.  It is a single, continuous curved line. Therefore the "S" designator is not required to configure the wall in the proposed manner.

the twilight is upon me - Page 3 Wall_o11
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue May 30, 2017 12:54 pm

MAS wrote:I'll debate that ruling, as this configuration is 100% legal, RaW.

1) The Wall of Sound description states the following attributes of the WoS, and all of the conditions of this configuration are clearly met by the configuration -

Length = 100+10 ft per level = It does not exceed 200 ft total length

So this allows me to configure the WoS in a 200 ft line - which is exactly what I am doing. It is a single, continuous curved line, by definition = "a continuously bending line, without angles."

NONE of the wall spells state the line must be STRAIGHT. They state that the line must be CONTINOUS - unbroken, not segmented.  

Yes, you see corners on the map, due to the blocks I used to show the scale of AoE. Look at it again as a single curved line. I've included an adjusted visual to smooth out the curve a bit.  

2) Your observation about other walls (Stone, i.e.) having "Shapeable" as a property is valid, but to a differing context. That property allows them to form shapes such as rectangles or circles that would enclose the entire "shaped" area with the wall. This configuration is not a "shape" - not a rectangle, circle, etc.  It is a single, continuous curved line. Therefore the "S" designator is not required to configure the wall in the proposed manner.

PF books have multiple authors\editors over many years.  I think the wording is very poor and inconsistent after having looked through the following wall spells:

http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/ultimateMagic/spells/wallOfSound.html#wall-of-sound
    http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/coreRulebook/spells/wallOfIron.html#wall-of-iron
    http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/coreRulebook/spells/wallOfForce.html#wall-of-force
    http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/advancedPlayersGuide/coreClasses/cleric.html#wall-of-ashes
    http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/occultAdventures/spells/wallOfEctoplasm.html#
    http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/advancedClassGuide/spells/wallOfBlindnessDeafness.html#
    http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/advancedClassGuide/spells/wallOfNausea.html#
    http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/coreRulebook/spells/wallOfIce.html#wall-of-ice

there is a general, though not 100%, agreement on the forums, with this question asked many times:
    http://paizo.com/search?q=shape+of+wall+spells&forum=v5748dmtz1gek
    http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2p8gj?Can-Wall-of-Ice-turn-corners#1
    http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2ubpx?What-Shape-Is-a-Wall#1

Some descriptions specifically state a "plane" or a "sheet" but many don't.  Some wall spells that do not have (S) say they can be rectangles or spheres or hemispheres.  

I can certainly see a GM choosing to allow walls to be zig-zags or curves (like you suggest) as some walls do not specifically say they must be a "plane" or a "sheet".  Taking that idea to the extreme however, you would have walls acting like connect-the-dots between enemies.  Inside a dungeon, a clever caster could create rat mazes of fire or blades and completely disrupt every fight.

I don't think that is the intention of a "wall" spell.  I also fall back to the (S)
    http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/coreRulebook/magic.html#x-s-shapeable

If a wall could be any shape, then there would be no need to add the option of shaping it as a sphere or hemisphere, since that would already be a draw-able shape.  If a wall can be drawn in different ways, there would be no need for a (S) descriptor.  

study For this game, the definition of a "LINE" for wal spells is a straight path between any 2 points.  Unless a spell specifically has (S), then you can pick any 2 points within range of the spell and draw a "line" between them to form the wall.  Or you can use a specifically allowed shape for that spell - hemisphere, rectangle, etc.
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Tue May 30, 2017 4:40 pm

Argul delays his action.

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue May 30, 2017 5:23 pm

MAS wrote:Argul delays his action.

Ankylo clobbers the nearest Necro Warrior into scrap bits.

Necron Warriors are up!

In response to Ankylo's attack, the 4 remaining Necrons blast the Ankylo to Dino jerky (noted with arrows, same ones that shot last time)

5 Necrons shuffle north to close up the hole in their flank caused by Korvaq, who is now exposed from stealth after attacking.  3 of them are in range and have LoS to Korvaq, their green eyes glow with vengence as they fire their disintegration rays

vs TOUCH AC of Korvaq
    they roll 12, 14, 19

damage, if those hit:  12, 11, 6

map is updated:

the twilight is upon me - Page 3 Slide119
    the twilight is upon me - Page 3 Slide223
    the twilight is upon me - Page 3 Slide321

at D-27 a wooly Rhino appears.  He stamps the ground with his front hoof, anxious for battle!

Chris wrote:
    ROUND 2 - FIGHT!

Korvaq 21
    Argul 18 DELAY, Wasps DELAY
    NECRON Warriors 15
    Zang\Skree, Rhino  14
    Rasso 14
    Cmdr Ignis 10
    XXXX swarms 10
    Brick 5
    Necron Pilots + Flying Bombadier Beetles  1

Zang and Skree and Rhino are up, unless Matt is going to jump back into initiative now that the Necrons have spent their actions for the round
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue May 30, 2017 5:34 pm

Sorry, forgot to post Touch AC - 17

only the last shot hits Korvaq

HP: 108
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Tue May 30, 2017 5:37 pm

Argul and WASPS are waiting till the end of the round.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Wed May 31, 2017 12:15 am

Zang spends another spell slot to Summon Nature's Ally V:
    (Large) Air Elemental!
    N Large outsider (air, elemental, extraplanar)
    Init +11; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +11
    Defense
    AC 21, touch 17, flat-footed 13 (+7 Dex, +1 dodge, +4 natural, –1 size)
    hp 68 (8d10+24)
    Fort +9, Ref +13, Will +2
    Defensive Abilities air mastery; DR 5/—; Immune elemental traits
    Offense
    Speed fly 100 ft. (perfect)
    Melee 2 slams +14 (1d8+4)
    Space 10 ft.; Reach 10 ft.
    Special Attacks whirlwind (DC 18)
    Statistics
    Str 18, Dex 25, Con 16, Int 6, Wis 11, Cha 11
    Base Atk +8, CMB +13; CMD 31
    Feats Combat Reflexes, Dodge, Flyby Attack, Improved InitiativeB, Mobility, Weapon FinesseB
    Skills Acrobatics +15, Escape Artist +15, Fly +21, Knowledge (planes) +5, Perception +11, Stealth +11

Air Elemental appears at F-20, 30' up.

Rhino and Skree hold actions, trigger to attack: any foe entering their threat zones.

Zangulor
    AC: 23, SR: 21, CMD: 20
    HP: 93/93
    Pass Perc: 23
    Move: 30', Fly 30'
    Initiative:+4 (DEX 14)
    Buffs: Scales (+2 AC)
    Hero points remaining: 9

Skree
    AC: 24, CMD: 25
    HP: 126/126
    PPerc: 16
    Move: 60'
    Init: w/Zang (DEX 20)

Rhino
    AC: 19, CMD: 26 (30 vs. trip)
    HP: 104/104
    PPerc: 25
    Move: 30'
    Init: w/Zang (DEX 10)
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed May 31, 2017 11:53 am

Zang calls for the spirits of air and storm.  Wind begins to swirl into shape around F-20
    Skree, Rhino and xeno-npcs all DELAY

at 14 Rasso curses at the loss of Ignis.  He calls up his next Lieutenant and takes an unseen action.

at 10 - another swarm of metallic repair bugs buzz out of the black hole heading north.  The 1 remaining swarm goes south.  Each swarm locates itself on a fallen Necron Warrior... and begins to rebuild it!  Within 1 round, the Necron Warrior stands and a green light illuminates its eyes and chest cavity.  They RISE AGAIN!  

Rasso grins, pleased with his undying mechanical army.

study  APOLOGIES!   I forgot to place the unconscious body of Ignis who was a living, real creature (can be used with facehugger mobs).  

the twilight is upon me - Page 3 Slide120
    the twilight is upon me - Page 3 Slide225
    the twilight is upon me - Page 3 Slide323

Chris wrote:
    ROUND 2 - FIGHT!

Korvaq 21
    Argul 18 DELAY, Wasps DELAY
    NECRON Warriors 15
    Zang\Skree, Rhino (Air elemental next rd) 14 DELAY
    Rasso 14
    Cmdr Ignis 10
    Repair swarms 10
    Brick 5

Brick is up
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Wed May 31, 2017 3:27 pm

Brick's bigguns bolt towards the edges of the board, (oppositely).  I don't know their speed.  They spit their acid at the beetle PILOTS and the beetles.19dmg and 12 dmg.  Brick Rockman swiftly enters a trance giving him 20' reach and spell combat.  He casts Shield, using spell combat and takes a penalty on his attacks.  He punches the necron to his left and far left 5' step.

9+19+1+1-2=28
    Dmg 15+12+1+1+5 cold=34dmg

4+14+1+1-2=23
    Dmg 16+14+6 cold =36dmg

Touch ac 20

I'll give you a stat block in a bit...

I know this post is wrong.  I have to move more.  Sorry I gotta fix it later.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed May 31, 2017 3:43 pm

navyik wrote:Brick's bigguns bolt towards the edges of the board, (oppositely).  I don't know their speed.  They spit their acid at the beetle PILOTS and the beetles.19dmg and 12 dmg.  Brick Rockman swiftly enters a trance giving him 20' reach and spell combat.  He casts Shield, using spell combat and takes a penalty on his attacks.  He punches the necron to his left and far left 5' step.

9+19+1+1-2=28
    Dmg 15+12+1+1+5 cold=34dmg

4+14+1+1-2=23
    Dmg 16+14+6 cold =36dmg

Touch ac 20

I'll give you a stat block in a bit...

I know this post is wrong.  I have to move more.  Sorry I gotta fix it later.

ah, Shield spell!  a wise choice, well played.  THat's enough stat block for now, update when you get a chance.

The closest Necron already fired at Korvaq this round, he gets crushed under Brick's fist.  The second target and the Necron at V-49 had readied actions to attack at any threat in range.  Unfortunately, the second target already had his gun explode last round, he only has his melee wpn and can't reach Brick up in the air.   The other takes aim at Brick with glowing green eyes...  

vs Touch 20

Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +4" :

1 + 4 = 5

affraid ack, his gun is disabled not too

Brick smashes the 2nd Necron.

Brick's 2 Bigguns split the map and spray the Bombardier Beetles and their Necron Pilots with Acid. The first Pilot takes an acid bath. Its metallic corpse smokes. The Beetle itself dodges slightly and avoids the brunt of the blast. The second Beetle and Pilot both get soaked in corrosive spray!
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed May 31, 2017 4:04 pm

The recently acid-blasted Necrons don't take kindly to the Xeno Bigguns.  They steer their mounts to either side and kick their spurs.  THe Bombardier Beetles again spray a 15ft cone of oil.

On the left side of the map, Wooly Rhino and Biggun (REF +4) need to make a REF save DC 15 or fall prone

On the right side of the map, the oil spray catches the corner of the existing fire wall and ignites.  The Biggun takes 7 fire = 14 damage due to vulnerability.

The 2 southern Bombardier Beetles move - one glides back in a defensive position and readies an attack.

The other double moves to get into the fight up north and sprays an oil field on Korvaq.  REF DC 15 to stand and he is now in an oil field Twisted Evil

maps updated

the twilight is upon me - Page 3 Slide121
    the twilight is upon me - Page 3 Slide226
    the twilight is upon me - Page 3 Slide324

Round 2 is about to end, so if anyone has DELAYED actions, use them now or we can proceed to round 3
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed May 31, 2017 4:28 pm

Korvaq's Reflex Save:

Roll(1d20)+13:
    12,+13
    Total:25

didn't fall... oil spill? Bah.. nothing stops Korvaq! (maybe?)
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Wed May 31, 2017 5:09 pm

Rhino REF save: 6 + 9 = 15

I think that's (barely) a save. The rhino is upset he can't charge a flying beetle. He moves 6 squares to the right on the map. Or half that if it's difficult terrain.
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Wed May 31, 2017 8:43 pm

Argul and wasps are acting, do not advance the round.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed May 31, 2017 8:44 pm

MAS wrote:Argul and wasps are acting, do not advance the round.

ok
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Wed May 31, 2017 9:47 pm

HP - 60
    AC - 17 (13 +4 "mage armor" 10 hours)
    DR 10/Adamantine
    SR - 20
    INIT - 18
    Phrenic Pool - 7/8
    CMD - 15
    DR - 10/Admamantine
    Spell Slots Used: 3rd x1
    Potions used:
    Racial SLA used:
    Action points used:
    Mythic Power used: 1/5
    Used Items: Scroll of Stoneskin,
    Invisible

Argul flies to 58 - S and delivers a FORCE PUNCH to the Beetle-Bomber - Not the pilot, the beetle.

FORCE PUNCH
    School evocation [force]; Level magus 3, sorcerer/wizard 3
    Components V, S
    Range touch
    Target creature touched
    Duration instantaneous
    Saving Throw Fortitude partial; Spell Resistance yes
    This spell charges your hand with telekinetic force. Your successful melee touch attack deals 1d4 points of force damage per level (maximum 10d4) and causes the target to be pushed away from you in a straight line up to 5 feet per two caster levels. For every size category of the target above Medium, reduce the distance pushed by 5 feet (–5 feet for Large, –10 feet for Huge, –15 for Gargantuan, and –20 feet for Colossal) to a minimum of 0 feet. A successful Fortitude save negates the movement but not the damage.

He uses 1 Phrenic Pool Point to create FOCUSED FORCE, increasing the damage dice upwards one step to D6.
    DC for FORT save is 17 (10+3(Spell lvl)+4(INT) for negated movement

25 ft knockback minus size modifier
    DMG =
    Result of the throw of dice "10d6" :

4 + 4 + 5 + 2 + 5 + 6 + 6 + 2 + 6 + 4 = 44

The WASPS hold under cover.

Also - As I was looking over these stats trying to figure out my action, I could not help but notice a contradiction...

Chris wrote:
    at 10 - another swarm of metallic repair bugs buzz out of the black hole heading north.  The 1 remaining swarm goes south.  Each swarm locates itself on a fallen Necron Warrior... and begins to rebuild it!  Within 1 round, the Necron Warrior stands and a green light illuminates its eyes and chest cavity.  They RISE AGAIN!  

Chris wrote:Half-Construct (7 RP)

A half-construct race is a group of creatures that are artificially enhanced or have parts replaced by constructed mechanisms, be they magical or mechanical. A half-construct race has the following features.

Half-constructs gain a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against disease, mind-affecting effects, poison, and effects that cause either exhaustion or fatigue.
      Half-constructs cannot be raised or resurrected.
      Half-constructs do not breathe, eat, or sleep, unless they want to gain some beneficial effect from one of these activities. This means that a half-construct can drink potions to benefit from their effects and can sleep in order to regain spells, but neither of these activities is required for the construct to survive or stay in good health.

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed May 31, 2017 10:30 pm

MAS wrote:

Argul flies to 58 - S and delivers a FORCE PUNCH to the Beetle-Bomber - Not the pilot, the beetle.

FORCE PUNCH
    School evocation [force]; Level magus 3, sorcerer/wizard 3
    Components V, S
    Range touch
    Target creature touched
    Duration instantaneous
    Saving Throw Fortitude partial; Spell Resistance yes
    This spell charges your hand with telekinetic force. Your successful melee touch attack deals 1d4 points of force damage per level (maximum 10d4)

25 ft knockback minus size modifier
    DMG =
    Result of the throw of dice "10d6" :

4 + 4 + 5 + 2 + 5 + 6 + 6 + 2 + 6 + 4 = 44[/color]

The WASPS hold under cover.

Ok, Wasps hold again.

Argul does his best Brick Rockman impersonation and... needs to roll a melee touch attack!  (see above)  but since the Beetle has a Touch AC of 9, unless you really botch it, you will probably hit.  

Argul clobbers the beetle who cartwheels through the air in an ungainly fashion.  The Necron pilot tries in vain to stay mounted and falls 30ft to the ground with a crunch like stepping on an old beer can.  It is still functioning, but it is badly damaged.  The Beetle is VERY badly hurt, but not out of the fight.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed May 31, 2017 10:32 pm

MAS wrote:
    Also - As I was looking over these stats trying to figure out my action, I could not help but notice a contradiction...

Chris wrote:

Chris wrote:Half-Construct (7 RP)

A half-construct race is a group of creatures that are artificially enhanced or have parts replaced by constructed mechanisms, be they magical or mechanical. A half-construct race has the following features.

Half-constructs gain a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against disease, mind-affecting effects, poison, and effects that cause either exhaustion or fatigue.
      Half-constructs cannot be raised or resurrected.
      Half-constructs do not breathe, eat, or sleep, unless they want to gain some beneficial effect from one of these activities. This means that a half-construct can drink potions to benefit from their effects and can sleep in order to regain spells, but neither of these activities is required for the construct to survive or stay in good health.

the twilight is upon me - Page 3 Miracl11

Whoo-hoo-hoo, look who knows so much. It just so happens that the Necron here is only MOSTLY dead. There's a big difference between mostly dead and all dead. Mostly dead is slightly alive. With all dead, well, with all dead there's usually only one thing you can do.  Go through his clothes and look for loose change.

Last edited by Chris on Wed May 31, 2017 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed May 31, 2017 10:37 pm

lol! Honestly, it's a good catch and something that I just missed.

The scarab swarms are just mini clerics with 1 custom spell: RISE AGAIN

Rise again is a combination of

http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/advancedClassGuide/spells/repairUndead.html#
    and
    http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/coreRulebook/spells/makeWhole.html#make-whole

since it is a perfect fit for Necrons
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Wed May 31, 2017 11:28 pm

Melee touch attack =

Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +6" :

10 + 6 = 16

Done.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:19 am

map updated

the twilight is upon me - Page 3 Slide123
    the twilight is upon me - Page 3 Slide227
    the twilight is upon me - Page 3 Slide325

Round 3!

Chris wrote:
    ROUND 3 - FIGHT!

Korvaq 21
    Argul 18, Wasps
    NECRON Warriors 15
    Zang\Skree, Rhino (Air elemental next rd) 14
    Rasso 14
    Cmdr Ignis 10
    Repair swarms 10
    Brick 5

Korvaq is up
    Argul is on deck
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:47 am

Argul and his wasps get to use delayed actions, but not Zang's rhino?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:25 am

Robyo wrote:Argul and his wasps get to use delayed actions, but not Zang's rhino?

Chris wrote:
    Matt - a couple small issues, just for book keeping sake:

Wasps - you are "delaying" not readying, as the condition and action are not specific.  "wait for them to finish and then I will do something" is a DELAY which would move their initiative until a later time.  [b]I don't really want to deal with this given the already-complicated combat, so I am just going to allow anyone to use DELAY - as long as it is later in this round, without changing when the minions go next turn.  If you don't act later in this round, you lose their action. [/b] ok?

Chris wrote:

Round 2 is about to end, so if anyone has DELAYED actions, use them now or we can proceed to round 3

Robyo wrote:

Rhino and Skree hold actions, trigger to attack: any foe entering their threat zones.

Robyo wrote:Rhino REF save: 6 + 9 = 15

I think that's (barely) a save. The rhino is upset he can't charge a flying beetle. He moves 6 squares to the right on the map. Or half that if it's difficult terrain.

Rhino was allowed to DELAY, did in fact DELAY and then did act.  I am not sure what you see as unfair here?
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:47 am

Facehuggers will go after the efreet for a new ally

Korvaq will shoot the flying bugger (shooting at the rider)

Then Korvaq will shoot his remaining two shots at the baddie at C-49

Full Attack plus Rapid Shot:

1st shot at rider guy:

Roll(1d20)+12:
    14,+12
    Total:26

Damage:
    Roll(1d8)+3:
    5,+3
    Total: 8

Is he dead? If not - 2nd Rapid Shot (if he is, then this is a shot at the guy at C- 49)

Roll(1d20)+12:
    12,+12
    Total:24

Damage:
    Roll(1d8)+3:
    7,+3
    Total:10

3rd shot:

Roll(1d20)+7:
    7,+7
    Total:14

Ick... nevermind. Full Attack, no movement for now.

HP: 108
    AC: 24, Touch 17
    Bull Strength - 27 rounds
    Heroism - 26 rounds
    CMD: 26 currently
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:06 pm

whit10 wrote:Facehuggers will go after the efreet for a new ally

1 or both from the tower?

EDIT - Korvaq hits the pilot twice doing 18 total damage, third shot misses. Pilot is still functional
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:26 pm

pending 1 or 2 Facehuggers moving

Argul and wasps are up
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:43 pm

Chris wrote:Rhino was allowed to DELAY, did in fact DELAY and then did act.  I am not sure what you see as unfair here?

I'm not screaming unfairness, just noticed the rhino token hadn't moved.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:46 pm

Robyo wrote:
    Chris wrote:Rhino was allowed to DELAY, did in fact DELAY and then did act.  I am not sure what you see as unfair here?

I'm not screaming unfairness, just noticed the rhino token hadn't moved.

lol!   ooops!   ok, you have a point there drunken

map updated

the twilight is upon me - Page 3 Slide228
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:48 pm

Chris wrote:pending 1 or 2 Facehuggers moving

Argul and wasps are up

study Actually, the Facehuggers are currently trapped inside the tower with the door closed. Only Argul can open the door using a command word. Argul is up next, so the facehuggers can just DELAY until after Argul's turn (and hope he opens the door for them)

The fortress springs up in just 1 round, with the door facing the device's owner. The door opens and closes instantly at his command. People and creatures nearby (except the owner) must be careful not to be caught by the fortress's sudden growth. Anyone so caught takes 10d10 points of damage (Reflex DC 19 half).
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:51 pm

Well crap... who locked the door?

I guess that one will move at him when he can
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:09 pm

whit10 wrote:Well crap... who locked the door?

I guess that one will move at him when he can

MAS wrote:
    The door will face East/Right screen and is closed.

Please adjust Argul's start position to the top of Firebase Instant.

door has been closed since it was summoned, that's why the arrow points into the tower on the map

ok, so you are sending 1 facehugger mob?
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:27 pm

yep
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:20 pm

HP - 60
    AC - 17 (13 +4 "mage armor" 10 hours)
    DR 10/Adamantine
    SR - 20
    INIT - 18
    Phrenic Pool - 7/8
    CMD - 15
    DR - 10/Admamantine
    Spell Slots Used: 1st x1, 3rd x1
    Potions used:
    Racial SLA used:
    Action points used:
    Mythic Power used: 1/5
    Used Items: Scroll of Stoneskin,
    Invisible

Argul targets the nearest beetle-bomber with MAGIC MISSILE, shooting all missiles at the same target.

MAGIC MISSILE
    School evocation [force]; Level sorcerer/wizard 1
    Components V, S
    Range medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
    Targets up to five creatures, no two of which can be more than 15 ft. apart
    Duration instantaneous
    Saving Throw none; Spell Resistance yes
    A missile of magical energy darts forth from your fingertip and strikes its target, dealing 1d4+1 points of force damage.

The missile strikes unerringly, even if the target is in melee combat, so long as it has less than total cover or total concealment. Specific parts of a creature can't be singled out. Objects are not damaged by the spell.

For every two caster levels beyond 1st, you gain an additional missile—two at 3rd level, three at 5th, four at 7th, and the maximum of five missiles at 9th level or higher. If you shoot multiple missiles, you can have them strike a single creature or several creatures. A single missile can strike only one creature. You must designate targets before you check for spell resistance or roll damage.

DAMAGE =
    Result of the throw of dice "5d4 +1" :

4 + 2 + 2 + 3 + 3 + 1 = 15

He then flies back to the tower-top, sensing Korvaq's request to release the face-huggers through the mental link, and commands the door to the INSTANT FORTRESS to open. (SWIFT ACTION?)

The WASPS delay till the end of the round.

whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:38 pm

cool bro... forgot about that link we had

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 4:34 pm