Open Office - http://www.openoffice.org/

5 posters

the twilight is upon me

MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    the twilight is upon me - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue60/112the twilight is upon me - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    the twilight is upon me - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue0/0the twilight is upon me - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

the twilight is upon me - Page 5 Empty Re: the twilight is upon me

Post  MAS Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:09 pm

Chris wrote:

scratch now where did I put that bag of holding?

The Library of Ling holds many Secrets, especially in the "meta-gaming" wing Wink
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    the twilight is upon me - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue19/19the twilight is upon me - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    the twilight is upon me - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue1/0the twilight is upon me - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:11 pm

oh shit... now I know what you're up to. lol
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    the twilight is upon me - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue0/0the twilight is upon me - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:15 am

Hey guys, I will try to make time this evening to take my turn. Been really busy with work and family stuff. Julie's grandma passed away yesterday. She was 98.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    the twilight is upon me - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue35/35the twilight is upon me - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:17 am

Robyo wrote:Hey guys, I will try to make time this evening to take my turn. Been really busy with work and family stuff. Julie's grandma passed away yesterday. She was 98.

My condolences for your family. No rush here
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    the twilight is upon me - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue68/68the twilight is upon me - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:55 pm

Robyo wrote:Hey guys, I will try to make time this evening to take my turn. Been really busy with work and family stuff. Julie's grandma passed away yesterday. She was 98.
    Love to Julie, bro.  Prayers for family.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    the twilight is upon me - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue19/19the twilight is upon me - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    the twilight is upon me - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue1/0the twilight is upon me - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:54 pm

sincerest condolences to Julie.
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    the twilight is upon me - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue60/112the twilight is upon me - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:09 pm

Condolences and best to your family.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:02 am

Thanks guys! Grandma Arline had a good run, but yeah, it's a sad time. I did see pix of Chris' Ma's injury on Facebook. Hope she's doing better! I remember awhile back G posted pix of his face after falling on the sidewalk, and frankly it looked like he'd been hit by a truck! Posting gory pix isn't my thing, but hey, it's a public forum so folks can do what they wish!

Okay, so Zang's small army has a go of it:

Zang dissolves the illusion of the queen (the jig is up). Casts Mythic Flame Strike, centered on the dragon but trying to also catch the beetle and necron in it as well and (hopefully) avoiding the Biguns.

Flame Strike
    School evocation [fire]; Level cleric 5, druid 4
    Casting Time 1 standard action
    Components V, S, DF
    Range medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
    Area cylinder (10-ft. radius, 40-ft. high)
    Duration instantaneous
    Saving Throw Reflex half; Spell Resistance yes
    A flame strike evokes a vertical column of divine fire. The spell deals 1d6 points of damage per caster level (maximum 15d6). Half the damage is fire damage, but the other half results directly from divine power and is therefore not subject to being reduced by resistance to fire-based attacks.

Mythic version:
    Flame Strike
    Source flame strike
    The damage dealt increases to 1d8 per caster level (maximum 15d8). The area increases to a 20-foot-radius, 40-foot-high cylinder. You may have the divine half of the damage affect only one specific creature type (as the bane weapon quality).

10d8 damage: 2 + 2 + 3 + 1 + 6 + 8 + 7 + 7 + 3 + 3 = 42; 21 fire and 21 divine.

Zang spends a Hero point for another standard action and activates his ring of Invisibility. Moves up to I-12, inside the temple.

Skree follows his master, also inside the temple.

Bigun #1 stands up from prone. Sprays acid at the dragon. Not sure their BAB's... Damage: 3 + 4 + 5 + 6 + 6 = 24.
    Bigun #2 jumps on the dragon attempting to grapple it. I don't know their CMB's... If it grapples Valum, can it use it's tail to spray acid?

Jett, still in whirlwind form, drops the necron on his head. Moves up towards the dragon, and continues to belt his tune, "You’re never alone, you’re never disconnected! You’re home with your own--When company’s expected, you’re well protected!"

The whirlwind touches ground now, causing a swirling cloud of debris. From the PRD: "This cloud is centered on the creature and has a diameter equal to half the whirlwind's height. The cloud obscures all vision, including darkvision, beyond 5 feet. Creatures 5 feet away have concealment, while those farther away have total concealment. Those caught in the cloud of debris must succeed on a concentration check (DC 15 + spell level) to cast a spell."

Glub moves towards the flame and uses it's drench ability. Drench (Ex) The elemental's touch puts out nonmagical flames of Large size or smaller. The creature can dispel magical fire it touches as dispel magic (caster level equals elemental's HD). Glub has 4 Hit Dice.

If the flames are extinguished, Ralph runs thru the gap. If there is still flames, he waits and snorts.

Zangulor the Druid
    AC: 23, SR: 21, CMD: 20
    HP: 78/93
    Pass Perc: 23
    Move: 30', Fly 30'
    Initiative:+4 (DEX 14)
    Buff: Scales (+2 AC)
    Spell slots used/level: 2/5th, 2/4th; mythic 1/1
    Hero points remaining: 8

Skree the Velociraptor
    AC: 24, CMD: 25
    HP: 119/126
    PPerc: 16
    Move: 60'
    Init: w/Zang (DEX 20)

Ralph the Wooly Rhino
    AC: 19, CMD: 26 (30 vs. trip)
    HP: 97/104
    PPerc: 25
    Move: 30'
    Init: w/Zang (DEX 10)

Jett the Air Elemental
    AC: 21, CMD: 31
    HP: 104/104
    PPerc: 21
    Move: 100' fly
    Init: w/Zang (DEX 25)

Glub the Water Elemental
    AC: 17, CMD: 18
    HP: 48/48
    PPerc: 15
    Move: 20', swim 90'
    Init: w/Zang (DEX 12)

Bigun #1
    HP: 123/150

Bigun #2
    HP: 122/150
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    the twilight is upon me - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue35/35the twilight is upon me - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:32 am

Robyo wrote:
    Okay, so Zang's small army has a go of it:

Zang dissolves the illusion of the queen (the jig is up). Casts Mythic Flame Strike, centered on the dragon but trying to also catch the beetle and necron in it as well and (hopefully) avoiding the Biguns.

Mythic version:
    Flame Strike
    Source flame strike
    The damage dealt increases to 1d8 per caster level (maximum 15d8). The area increases to a 20-foot-radius, 40-foot-high cylinder. You may have the divine half of the damage affect only one specific creature type (as the bane weapon quality).

10d8 damage: 2 + 2 + 3 + 1 + 6 + 8 + 7 + 7 + 3 + 3 = 42; 21 fire and 21 divine.

Zang spends a Hero point for another standard action and activates his ring of Invisibility. Moves up to I-12, inside the temple.

Skree follows his master, also inside the temple.

Bigun #1 stands up from prone. Sprays acid at the dragon. Not sure their BAB's... Damage: 3 + 4 + 5 + 6 + 6 = 24.
    Bigun #2 jumps on the dragon attempting to grapple it. I don't know their CMB's... If it grapples Valum, can it use it's tail to spray acid?

Jett, still in whirlwind form, drops the necron on his head. Moves up towards the dragon, and continues to belt his tune, "You’re never alone, you’re never disconnected! You’re home with your own--When company’s expected, you’re well protected!"

The whirlwind touches ground now, causing a swirling cloud of debris. From the PRD: "This cloud is centered on the creature and has a diameter equal to half the whirlwind's height. The cloud obscures all vision, including darkvision, beyond 5 feet. Creatures 5 feet away have concealment, while those farther away have total concealment. Those caught in the cloud of debris must succeed on a concentration check (DC 15 + spell level) to cast a spell."

Glub moves towards the flame and uses it's drench ability. Drench (Ex) The elemental's touch puts out nonmagical flames of Large size or smaller. The creature can dispel magical fire it touches as dispel magic (caster level equals elemental's HD). Glub has 4 Hit Dice.

If the flames are extinguished, Ralph runs thru the gap. If there is still flames, he waits and snorts.

cheers Great coordinated effort!

Ok, a couple items that I need clarification on.....

Zang and Skree can't move INTO the temple as it was destroyed by the Earthquake

Chris wrote:at 4, the ground begins to rumble and shake violently. an EARTHQUAKE centered on the illusion of the Queen topples the walls, the temple and opens up a 40ft fissure (effectively a PIT) in the ground!

You can move to that location, but there is no cover anymore, that's why I removed the graphics of the walls and their height markers

Flamestrike - with a 20ft radius, you would hit 1 of the bigguns.  You can definitely get Valum, the beetle, pilot but the circle is so large it gets 1 biggun.  If you go with the 10ft radius (non-mythic) you could target only the enemies.  However, you could move both bigguns out of the way, just move it away from Valum and then have them shoot.  See the map below.  is that ok?  

Both Bigguns can spray with acid and are already standing (DELAY from last turn).  However, Valum is flying at 0 ft in the air (thus no height marker) but the bigguns are -40ft in the crater, so he can't jump or grapple.   No BAB needed, it works like lightning bolt, just fire.   Do you want both to spray?  

Jett has a speed of 100ft, so he can reach Valum (presumably AFTER the flamestrike) on 1 move, so he could still do something with his standard action.  Any action?

Glub - extinguishes the fire in front of him

Ralph can move through the gap easily.  He could CHARGE and hit the Necron under Brick who happens to be in straight line and less than 60ft (double move) from Ralph.  Would Ralph like to charge and attack?

possible map update

the twilight is upon me - Page 5 Slide135
    the twilight is upon me - Page 5 Slide244

need:

Rhino attack roll
    2nd biggun spray
    action for Jett
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:24 pm

Cool, thanks for clarifying things. I forgot that Valum is 40' above the others. Nor did I realize the temple was completely leveled. Oh well.

Zang and Skree keep their move. But is there not even rubble to hide behind?

Nevermind the Bigun's grapple then. Both Biguns get out of way of Zang's Mythic Flame Strike, then they spray their acid.
    Bigun #2 damage: 6 + 5 + 5 + 3 + 6 = 25.

With the way through the fire wall cleared, Ralph does indeed make a Powerful Charge (gore, 4d8+18).
    Powerful Charge (Ex) When a creature with this special attack makes a charge, its attack deals extra damage in addition to the normal benefits and hazards of a charge. The attack and amount of damage from the attack is given in the creature's description. Gore Attack: 15 + 14 = 29; Damage: 2 + 7 + 2 + 5 = 16 + 18 = 34.

Jett tries to catch Valum in the whirlwind. The air elemental moves above Valum and extends the size of the whirlwind to compensate for the 40' distance to the ground. Let's call it a 80' high (x 40' wide at the peak, but only 5' at the base) whirlwind, but it does not touch the ground. Retcon that shit. The blinding effect won't affect Valum anyways, since he is 40' up from the crater's bottom.
    Valum must make 2 Reflex saves at DC 18: 1st one is when he comes into contact (slam damage), second one is being held by the whirlwind. Slam damage: 8 + 4 = 12.
    Jett can keep his whirlwind form for 2 more rounds max.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:53 am

Robyo wrote:Cool, thanks for clarifying things. I forgot that Valum is 40' above the others. Nor did I realize the temple was completely leveled. Oh well.

Zang and Skree keep their move. But is there not even rubble to hide behind?

Nevermind the Bigun's grapple then. Both Biguns get out of way of Zang's Mythic Flame Strike, then they spray their acid.
    Bigun #2 damage: 6 + 5 + 5 + 3 + 6 = 25.

With the way through the fire wall cleared, Ralph does indeed make a Powerful Charge (gore, 4d8+18).
    Powerful Charge (Ex) When a creature with this special attack makes a charge, its attack deals extra damage in addition to the normal benefits and hazards of a charge. The attack and amount of damage from the attack is given in the creature's description. Gore Attack: 15 + 14 = 29; Damage: 2 + 7 + 2 + 5 = 16 + 18 = 34.

Jett tries to catch Valum in the whirlwind. The air elemental moves above Valum and extends the size of the whirlwind to compensate for the 40' distance to the ground. Let's call it a 80' high (x 40' wide at the peak, but only 5' at the base) whirlwind, but it does not touch the ground. Retcon that shit. The blinding effect won't affect Valum anyways, since he is 40' up from the crater's bottom.
    Valum must make 2 Reflex saves at DC 18: 1st one is when he comes into contact (slam damage), second one is being held by the whirlwind. Slam damage: 8 + 4 = 12.
    Jett can keep his whirlwind form for 2 more rounds max.

Sure, there is some rubble, but not a 20ft tower anymore.

Both Bigguns blast the Sovereign Dragon Valum - the acid does burn, but at reduced effect. Valum also flinches from the Flamestrike, but Zang suspects more from the divine damage than the fire. He seems very agile in the air and probably avoided much of all the attacks. Valum saves both times vs Jett. He is a nimble serpent, after all.

Wreck'em Ralph bulldozes the Necron.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:37 am

at 14, Rasso decides to take a more direct approach to destroying the Queen.... personally!  He is frustrated with his minions' lack of progress.  The party detects a hint of desperation in his action.

Rasso:  "Meteors!"

Necron Commander: " I beg pardon, sire. Won't we hit our own troops?"

Rasso: "Yes... but we'll hit theirs as well. We have reserves. Attack."

He is certain that the Queen is trapped in the crater created by his Earthquake.  The party can see 4 METEORS launch from the center of the black hole. Sparks trail, like shooting stars, as the meteors arc as if shot from a catapult.  They fly high into the air and come crashing down in the crater!  

the twilight is upon me - Page 5 Meteor10

There are 4 impact zones, as noted on the map.  (I removed the flamestrike one, as that is done, but it was noted above).  Each impact zone is a 40ft radius circle.  Anyone caught in an impact gets a REFLEX save DC 30!  or take 6d10 fire damage, plus get knocked prone and be deafened 1d4 rds

so it looks like Zang + Skree each get hit once
    Rob's bigguns get hit twice
    poor Valum gets hit twice (fails 1, saves 1)
    facehuggers once
    Jett once (barely missed by 2 others!)
    Queen once
    Alan's biggun once

Fire damage
    Result of the throw of dice "6d10" :

10 + 1 + 9 + 9 + 1 + 9 = 39 FIRE, so 78 vs Xeno-types

DEAFNESS
    Result of the throw of dice "1d4" :

The Queen is badly injured from the fire (vulnerable)

Valum howls at the betrayal as he knocked from the air, taking falling damage, is now prone and deaf for 2 rds and heavily injured

I'll just update the Xenos - they all fail their saves.  Rob's bigguns are dead, the Facehuggers are prone, deaf and barely alive.  Alan's biggun is dead (previously damaged).  

Anybody flying that fails the save, takes falling damage as well  Twisted Evil

the twilight is upon me - Page 5 Slide136
    the twilight is upon me - Page 5 Slide247
    the twilight is upon me - Page 5 Slide335

We need saves from Rob for Zang, Skree, Jett

Chris wrote:

Round 5

Korvaq 21
    Argul 18, Wasps, Facehuggers
    NECRON Warriors 15,
    Zang, Air Elemental  14,  Zang, Rhino, Water Elemental  
    Rasso 14
    Cmdr Ignis 10
    Repair swarms 10
    Brick 5
    Cmdr Valum 4
    Necron Pilots + Flying Bombadier Beetles  1

Brick is up!
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    the twilight is upon me - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue68/68the twilight is upon me - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:40 pm

Brick Rockman
    HP. 59/110
    AC 21 (25 w/ shield)
    Touch 20 w/ Shield
    SR 21
    Resist Acid 10

CMD 30 (41 grapple)
    +1 when huge

Space 15 / reach 15
    Unarmed strike is +1, cold  1min
    Enlarge person. 5min
    Shield 5 min

Initiative 3+2=5
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:49 pm

Stat block in previous post.  I need clarification on the whirlwind.  Is it still active after the blasts?  Does it block Brick's visual of the dragon?

Biggun left will spray acid at the necron and swarm and then close to melee range with the necron.

Brick Rockman will act once I understand the whirlwind.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:46 pm

navyik wrote:Stat block in previous post.  I need clarification on the whirlwind.  Is it still active after the blasts?  Does it block Brick's visual of the dragon?

Biggun left will spray acid at the necron and swarm and then close to melee range with the necron.

Brick Rockman will act once I understand the whirlwind.

Jett has 104 HP, so it will survive the meteor shower.  I don't know whether it will still be airborne or not until Rob makes the save for Jett.  It might be airborne or it might be prone on the ground in the crater.

Biggun spray is fine.  Which Necron does it close to?  the one it sprayed or the one nearest to it?  It can't get any closer to the nearest without taking fire damage, which it doesn't want to do.  It could go around Korvaq, off the map again, to get near the one it sprayed.

Roll 5d6 for the acid spray

Here is a smaller map that shows Brick has a LoS to the dragon, regardless of the Whirlwind, if that helps

the twilight is upon me - Page 5 Brick_10
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:57 pm

If the bigguns have reach, then leave him where you have him.

I interpret that Brick can charge the dragon with 120' of movement this turn.  Correct?
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:42 pm

Reflex saves:
    Zang: 7 + 12 = 19
    Skree: 19 + 10 = 29
    Jett: 1 + 13 = 14
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:57 am

Brick charges the dragon to Grapple, dealing non-lethal damage with a turnbuckle fly.

9+29+1+1+2=42 to Grapple.
    Dmg5+12+2=19 non-lethal, +6 lethal cold dmg.

If the dragon is unconscious, brick will stop there.  If the dragon is resisting, he will use sudden Attack to pin.

Bigguns acid dmg =20
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:05 pm

hi guys, sorry for the delay. today is the last day my folks are here and I had a black belt test today. I am sore and tired.

I will update tomorrow, thanks for the patience!
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:35 am

Robyo wrote:Reflex saves:
    Zang: 7 + 12 = 19
    Skree: 19 + 10 = 29
    Jett: 1 + 13 = 14

all failed, unfortunately Sad

all take 39 fire damage
    all knocked down (prone)
    all deaf for 1 rd

Jett takes additional falling damage because he was flying (as did Valum)
    14 damage from hitting the ground
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:38 am

navyik wrote:Brick charges the dragon to Grapple, dealing non-lethal damage with a turnbuckle fly.

9+29+1+1+2=42 to Grapple.
    Dmg5+12+2=19 non-lethal, +6 lethal cold dmg.

If the dragon is unconscious, brick will stop there.  If the dragon is resisting, he will use sudden Attack to pin.

Bigguns acid dmg =20

Brick Rockman off the top rope!

Very clever use of non-lethal damage! Non-lethal damage exceeded Valum's current HP total, so his knocked unconscious. Valum goes limp in Brick's grasp.

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:39 am

study clean-up notes and effects
    Alan's last Biggun takes out the Necron + repair swarm C\D-49
    Brick is now on the ground, in the crater -40ft because Valum had hit the ground and was prone.  consider LoS being in a -40ft crater
    Brick's biggun has 10ft reach from its size, so he does threaten the nearby Necron E-45
    Jett, Zang, Skree, Facehuggers, Queen are all prone
    new Xeno-efreeti and Xeno-beetle will spawn on Argul's turn

map is updated (I hope)

Valum is KO'd
    Rasso has no Beetle\pilots left

the twilight is upon me - Page 5 Slide137
    the twilight is upon me - Page 5 Slide248
    the twilight is upon me - Page 5 Slide336

TOP OF ROUND 6!

Chris wrote:

Round 6

Korvaq 21
    Argul 18, Wasps, Facehuggers,Xeno-efreeti, Xeno-beetle
    NECRON Warriors 15,
    Rasso 14
    Cmdr Ignis 10
    Repair swarms 10
    Brick 5
    Cmdr Valum 4

Korvaq is up

Argul, wasps, facehuggers, Xeno-efreeti, Xeno-beetle are on deck  (whew)
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:54 am

Korvaq remembers his knowledge of the space/time continuum and begins to see patterns with this whole mess....

Korvaq will "trade in" his remaining Bull Strength and Heroism for Karma:  1d20 + prime + level + mythic tier:

Roll(1d20)+14:
    13,+14
    Total:27

That should be 700 karma returned.  Korvaq will "conjure" a True Seeing scroll for himself (1125)

Korvaq has 145 karma remaining

Is that a standard action or full round?  move action?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:12 pm

whit10 wrote:Korvaq remembers his knowledge of the space/time continuum and begins to see patterns with this whole mess....

Korvaq will "trade in" his remaining Bull Strength and Heroism for Karma:  1d20 + prime + level + mythic tier:

Roll(1d20)+14:
    13,+14
    Total:27

That should be 700 karma returned.  Korvaq will "conjure" a True Seeing scroll for himself (1125)

Korvaq has 145 karma remaining

Is that a standard action or full round?  move action?

A complete transaction (sale + purchase) is a full round action

a sale only = move action
    a purchase only (using existing karma) = standard action

selling multiple items at a time seems fine, it's just 1 transaction
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:44 pm

So that was a full round action then?
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:10 pm

actually.. it won't matter.

Korvaq now spends a Hero Point (1 remaining) to use the scroll.

UMD - 25 needed

Roll(1d20)+18:
    10,+18
    Total:28

that was a little close....

Korvaq now has True Seeing active and is looking for Rasso. As soon as he sees him, if he does, he will relay the position via the mind link (should be a free action).

True Seeing 7 minutes remaining
    Heroism - 23 rounds remaining
    Bull Str. - 24 rounds remaining.

AC - 24, Touch 17
    HP - 108
    20 pts. Fire Resistance.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:17 pm

whit10 wrote:
    Korvaq now spends a Hero Point (1 remaining) to use the scroll.

Korvaq now has True Seeing active and is looking for Rasso.  As soon as he sees him, if he does, he will relay the position via the mind link (should be a free action).

Yes, full round action

cheers good idea!

Ok, so technically Korvaq cannot "see" Rasso with True Seeing.  However, you creatively used karma  and you have the correct "intention + action".  

Korvaq can see that the "black hole" is not actually what it seems.  It isn't an illusion, per se, as it actually is a black hole.  It is also a portal to somewhere else.  The door appears to be "open" as Rasso can cast spells through the door and send creatures through.  Korvaq cannot see what is on the other side, but there is "somewhere" else through the door.  Korvaq's understanding of the space\time continuum tells him that they would be crushed into spaghetti if they entered a black hole, but his instincts tell him that they could pass through the event horizon (localized on the map) and end up somewhere else.

Korvaq relays this information to the party via Argul's mind link (free)
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:52 pm

Korvaq needs a hardcore Knowledge roll - I assume that should wait for my next turn?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:17 am

whit10 wrote:Korvaq needs a hardcore Knowledge roll - I assume that should wait for my next turn?

Action: Usually none. In most cases, a Knowledge check doesn't take an action (but see "Untrained," below).

nah, go ahead now, especially if it relates to using the True Seeing and might be part of what information Korvaq sends via the mental link
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:48 pm

ok...

Knowledge Planes (space/time) - can this hole be closed, and, if so, would this sever Rasso's link to this dimension and thus end his threat to the queen?

Could Korvaq or anyone else travel through the portal to Rasso?

Know. Planes:

Roll(1d20)+17:
    19,+17
    Total:36

Knowledge Arcana (tech) - is there something that Korvaq can rig to shut the portal?

Know. Arcana:

Roll(1d20)+17:
    18,+17
    Total:35

damned nice rolls!

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:28 pm

whit10 wrote:
    Knowledge Planes (space/time) - can this hole be closed, and, if so, would this sever Rasso's link to this dimension and thus end his threat to the queen?

Yes....  Temporarily only, though, as Rasso has the ability to open other portals.  The black holes are his versions of your rainbow portals.  Remember, he left via a black hole on Salyut Station.

whit10 wrote:
    Could Korvaq or anyone else travel through the portal to Rasso?

Yes  (see above) but you don't know where it leads  scratch

whit10 wrote:
    Knowledge Arcana (tech) - is there something that Korvaq can rig to shut the portal?

the twilight is upon me - Page 5 Q10
    Yes!  (but I am not going to tell you what it is)

Argul and friends are up
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:03 pm

Will post tonight.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:05 pm

MAS wrote:Will post tonight.

I am excited and terrified of what is coming from your mind
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:25 pm

Are the Xeno-Beetle and Xeno-Efreeti in Play?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:33 am

MAS wrote:Are the Xeno-Beetle and Xeno-Efreeti in Play?

yup!  cheers

Chris wrote:

Round 6

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:52 am

XENO parts in green

Xeno-Efreeti
    Init +7; Senses darkvision 60 ft., detect magic; Perception +15
    Defense
    AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 17 (+3 Dex, +1 dodge, +8 natural, –1 size)
    hp 95 (10d10+40)
    Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +9
    Immune fire; Vulnerability cold + Immune Acid

Offense
    Speed 20 ft., fly 40 ft. (perfect)
    Melee 2 slams +15 (1d8+6 plus 1d6 fire+ 1d6 acid)
    Space 10 ft.; Reach 10 ft.
    Special Attacks change size, heat
    Spell-Like Abilities (CL 11th)
    Constant—detect magic
    At Will— produce flame (half fire\half acid), pyrotechnics (DC 14)(half fire\half acid), scorching ray (half fire\half acid)
    3/day—invisibility, quickened scorching ray (half fire\half acid), wall of fire (DC 16)  (half fire\half acid)
    gaseous form, permanent image (DC 18)

Statistics
    Str 23, Dex 17, Con 18, Int 12, Wis 14, Cha 15
    Base Atk +10; CMB +17; CMD 31
    Feats Combat Casting, Combat Reflexes, Deceitful, Dodge, Improved InitiativeB, Quicken Spell-Like Ability (scorching ray)
    Skills Bluff +19, Craft (any one) +14, Disguise +10, Fly +13, Intimidate +15, Perception +15, Sense Motive +15, Spellcraft +14, Stealth +8
    Languages Auran, Aquan, Common, Ignan, Terran; telepathy 100 ft.
    SQ change shape (humanoid or giant, alter self or giant form I)
    Change Size (Sp) Twice per day, an efreeti can magically change a creature's size. This works just like an enlarge person or reduce person spell (the efreeti chooses when using the ability), except that the ability can work on the efreeti. A DC 13 Fortitude save negates the effect. The save DC is Charisma-based. This is the equivalent of a 2nd-level spell.
    Heat (Ex) An efreeti's body deals 1d6 points of (1/2 acid, 1/2fire) damage whenever it hits in melee, or in each round it grapples.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Xeno Bombardier Beetle

Init +0; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +0
    Defense
    AC 17, touch 9, flat-footed 17 (+8 natural, –1 size)
    hp 45 (7d8+14)
    Fort +7, Ref +2, Will +2
    Immune mind-affecting effects immune acid

Offense
    Speed 20 ft., fly 40 ft. (poor)
    Melee bite +8 (2d8+6)
    Space 10 ft.; Reach 5 ft.

Statistics
    Str 19, Dex 10, Con 15, Int —, Wis 10, Cha 9
    Base Atk +5; CMB +10; CMD 20 (28 vs. trip)
    Skills Fly –6

Bombardier Beetle: This giant beetle  can spray oily acid once per round in a 15-foot cone.  REFLEX save DC 15 or fall prone.  2d6 acid damge per round in the acid.  Acid is flammable, dealing 3d6 half acid\fire
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:15 pm

The Wasps that have 3 Necron riflemen and a Necon Pilot grappled will fly their full movement straight up 50' and then release their grappled combatants, dropping them for falling damage.

The Xeno-Beetle attempts to travel through the portal, back the way it came, as if retreating from the battle in fear.

The face huggers, Xeno-Frito (patent pending), and Argul delay actions pending resolution of these actions.

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:28 pm

MAS wrote:The Wasps that have 3 Necron riflemen and a Necon Pilot grappled will fly their full movement straight up 50' and then release their grappled combatants, dropping them for falling damage.

lol!  crunch, crunch, crunch and crunch

All 4 necrons are "dead-er"

MAS wrote:
    The Xeno-Beetle attempts to travel through the portal, back the way it came, as if retreating from the battle in fear.

The face huggers, Xeno-Frito (patent pending), and Argul delay actions pending resolution of these actions.

The Xeno-Beetle disappears from view.  It does look like it shrinks into spaghetti as it enters the black hole, but upon reflection, things looked like they bigger right before they "popped" into real space when deployed onto the battle map

the twilight is upon me - Page 5 Map_310

cheers Matt has nearly defeated the southern map!
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:30 pm

HP - 60
    AC - 17 (13 +4 "mage armor" 10 hours)
    DR 10/Adamantine
    SR - 20
    INIT - 18
    Phrenic Pool - 7/8
    CMD - 15
    DR - 10/Admamantine
    Spell Slots Used: 1st x1, 3rd x1
    Potions used:
    Racial SLA used:
    Action points used:
    Mythic Power used: 2/5
    Used Items: Scroll of Stoneskin,
    Invisible

Argul flies 20 ft up and 30 ft over to 60 - S, a position within 30ft of the 3 closest wasps (relevant in a moment).

He Spends $2500 gold/Karma on a Type I Bag of Holding.

Then, As a swift action, Argul expends one use of mythic power to inspire a tactical advance on the field of battle.

ADVANCE, Marshall's Order: This allows you and each of your allies within 30 feet to take either a single move action of the character's choice or a 5-foot step, as long as you or your ally has the ability to take such an action (for example, an unconscious character still can't take an action). The action granted by this ability doesn't count toward the number or type of actions a creature is allowed to take on its turn.

This grants and an additional move action to the WASPS and ARGUL.

The Wasps (except for the farthest away), all Facehuggers, Xeno-Frito, and Argul all charge through the portal. They align for as widely of a dispersed deployment on arrival on the other side as they can achieve, aiming to deter easy AoE targeting.

If the creatures with remaining attacks can use them upon arrival, they might once we get a hold of the situation!

Argul sends a parting message via Telepathic Link -

"SEAL THE PORTAL IF YOU CAN!"
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:43 pm

MAS wrote:

Argul flies 20 ft up and 30 ft over to 60 - S, a position within 30ft of the 3 closest wasps (relevant in a moment).

He Spends $2500 gold/Karma on a Type I Bag of Holding.

Then, As a swift action, Argul expends one use of mythic power to inspire a tactical advance on the field of battle.

ADVANCE, Marshall's Order: This allows you and each of your allies within 30 feet to take either a single move action of the character's choice or a 5-foot step, as long as you or your ally has the ability to take such an action (for example, an unconscious character still can't take an action). The action granted by this ability doesn't count toward the number or type of actions a creature is allowed to take on its turn.

This grants and an additional move action to the WASPS and ARGUL.

The Wasps (except for the farthest away), all Facehuggers, Xeno-Frito, and Argul all charge through the portal. They align for as widely of a dispersed deployment on arrival on the other side as they can achieve, aiming to deter easy AoE targeting.

If the creatures with remaining attacks can use them upon arrival, they might once we get a hold of the situation!

Argul sends a parting message via Telepathic Link -

"SEAL THE PORTAL IF YOU CAN!"

Speech, speech, speech!

remember, the entire multi-verse is watching Wink

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:53 pm

Chris wrote:

Round 6

Korvaq 21
    NECRON Warriors 15,
    Rasso 14
    Cmdr Ignis 10
    Repair swarms 10
    Brick 5
    Cmdr Valum 4

Rasso is effectively out of useful forces on the map (not counting a couple leftover Necrons)

I am not going to reveal what Argul sees on the other side.... yet.  

Everyone has this 1 rd to do something:  attempt to close the portal, follow Argul inside or whatever else you want.  Tactically, I don't care about distance on the map, if you want to follow Argul you just can.

Everyone gets 1 turn, sequence doesn't really matter as it's only Zang, Brick and Korvaq (and friends).  When everyone has acted or chosen not to act, then this scene will end.

final map

the twilight is upon me - Page 5 Slide138
    the twilight is upon me - Page 5 Slide249
    the twilight is upon me - Page 5 Slide337
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:19 pm

...Korvaq will have an appropriate speech on his next turn.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:28 pm

whit10 wrote:...Korvaq will have an appropriate speech on his next turn.

Chris wrote:
    I am not going to reveal what Argul sees on the other side.... yet.  

Everyone has this 1 rd to do something:  attempt to close the portal, follow Argul inside or whatever else you want.  Tactically, I don't care about distance on the map, if you want to follow Argul you just can.

Everyone gets 1 turn, sequence doesn't really matter as it's only Zang, Brick and Korvaq (and friends).  When everyone has acted or chosen not to act, then this scene will end.

go ahead, anytime you want
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:37 pm

"I am Korvaq, son of Martok, Chancellor of the Klingon Empire! Rasso, you are a coward and a worm! Show yourself, pujwI (weakling) - oblivion awaits you!!"
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:28 pm

Brick Rockman considers the ratings vs risk and beckons the camera to follow before bolting through the portal.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:49 am

Brick's biggun will maneuver to spray the other swarm and necron on line 55.  If he can also catch the one on 61 he will.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:49 am

Final Round of this scene:

Argul and his swarm - through the black hole

Brick + a camera bot - through the black hole

Korvaq - making a speech. anything else?

Zang + summoned horde - ??

Brick's biggun dispatches the remaining necron + repair swarm
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:16 pm

if everyone is going through the hole now, Korvaq will delay until his turn to see if Rasso has the same idea and tries to come here after the others leave
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:31 pm

whit10 wrote:if everyone is going through the hole now, Korvaq will delay until his turn to see if Rasso has the same idea and tries to come here after the others leave

There is no turn sequence anymore, you just get 1 action or a pass.

Chris wrote:Final Round of this scene:

Argul and his swarm - through the black hole

Brick + a camera bot - through the black hole

Korvaq - making a speech.  Korvaq stays behind on rear-guard.

Zang + summoned horde - ??

that just leaves Zang scratch
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:38 pm

ah... wasn't understanding that the fight had ended on this field.

ok, well, Korvaq will dive into the portal then

(here goes nothing)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 11:14 pm